Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
Post Calming the Mountains *(Slightly scripted)*
on: September 23, 2005 01:09
*Something that I have noticed over the course of time I have been rping at this sight is that there are not many role plays that involve dwarves. Remember, they were in Tolkien's work as well, not just elves, men, ect. So, I have finally decided to take action and came up with an rp revolving around them.

** It is five years after the War of the Ring and many years since any dwarf has inhabited Moria, as the Balrog had always kept gaurd over the chasms and slaughtered any who stepped inside. But now, the Balrog is gone. Moria is safe to inhabit (or so they believe) again. Taking council and deciding it is time to reclaim the moutain and old dwarvin realm, Delwon decides to take a group along with him to clear Moria and make it a safe, homely place for dwarves to once again occuppy.

*** Please, no godmodding of any sort. Also, keep the characters dwarves, there can be a human or even an elf or wizard, but I would rather prefere the characters fit the story. (No elf would really follow dwarves into a groggy mountain). Finally, make sure you read the new Toldien Related guidelines to find out what is and is not appropraite. I believe this rp has potential and would hate for it to go to waste. I also will be setting of an OOC for it. Please enjoy! Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The discussion had finally come to a close. Three whole hours of argueing and finally they had all agreed with a final conclusion: Moria must be made safe for a strong return by the dwarves. Long had the old realm been abandoned by the dwarf folk and been occupied by orcs, goblins, and of course, the Balrog. The horrid creature had claimed the mountain his own but when the news of his fall spread, the dwarves bickered and brawled over if they should really indeedly trust the news and return to the place that they once called home. Five years later, here they were with a final deicision. Moria would be reclaimed.

Delwon exhaled, twisting a gloved finger through the thick mat of beard, then rose from his seat and headed towards the small, secretive door.

"Congradulations." Another dwarf chirped behind him. "Being allowed to lead the 'mercinary' is a big responsibility. Good luck."

Delwon gave a small nod and muttered his thanks before finally being allowed to leave the hall and return to the small shack of wood that he called home. Wearily he trudged through the dirt and tied his small pony to a chink of branch on a nearby tree. He then disappeared into the small hut and took a well deserved seat near the fire. Before long, his eyelids heavied and his chin dropped to his chest.

The next moring he awoke with a start and leapt from the chair. "Ballocks!" he cursed. "Falling asleep when you are supposed to be packing and studying maps, shame." He went on a few minutes more, muttering and sputtering to himself whilst he lurched about the rooms and gathered his things as well as a bundle of maps. It would take him another hour just to prepare.

An hour and a late thirty-seven minutes later, the dwarf was ready and was hurriedly tying his things onto the back of his old pony, Westerfingle. "My, my, my," he began as he finished tying a lead rope. "Time is wearing short. Curse my sleeping late. The others are surely all ready there."

Clicking his tongue and frowning behind his thick beard, he snatched the lead rope between his gloved fingers and trotted offward to the proper meeting spot of the company.

"I apologize!" he crowed loudly as he appraoched. "I had slept in this morning and lost the time." He exhaled a huff of hot breath, his shoulders dropping to relax, and curiously stared at the starnge faces staring back at him.
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
Post RE: Calming the Mountains *(Slightly scripted)*
on: September 24, 2005 01:04
Falin had left the discussion in a thoughtful frame of mind. He was much younger than Delwon, the designated leader of their group, but no less determined.

Imagine it! Reopening the Mithril Mines of Moria!

The thought brought a smile to the Dwarf's lips, half-hidded though it be behind his reddish-brown beard. Musings on it kept Falin from sleeping... much, and so was early to arrive at the meeting-spot for departure. He wasn't the first one there, either... but it wasn't until way past time to leave that Delwon - finally - got there.

Yet, Falin met the older Dwarf's gaze without flinching, and shrugged. "Easy enough to do," he volunteered to no one in particular.

Hefting his pack to one shoulder, "I'm ready when everyone else is!" Falin announced. Within, along with his food supplies, and aside from the two axes slung across his back, were the young Dwarf's mining tools. There was no telling what (if anything) still remained abandoned in Moria - nor what shape they'd be in. Looking forward to getting down to business, Falin glanced around the group and then turned to Dolwen. "Well?" he inquired, anxious to get moving.
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2005 01:22
"Well?"

Delwon sent a quick glance to the speaker then smiled -though no one would be likely to see it as his beard covered his lips loosly. The dwarf seemed younger than a few of the others and for a moment, he pondered over him. Why would such a fiesty, young dwarf wish to accompany on such a serious 'mission'? He shrugged his shoulders. The answer, he would get from Falin later when the time was right.

"This lad is right," he announced in a bright tone. "The time is past due and we should best start moving before we run out of daylight and have to trudge blindfolded through the night. Come along and do not stray."

He chuckled quietly, turning from the group and began walking from the leafy path and into the grim tangle of the forested trees.

As they went on, the hidden smile rearranged itself into the slightest frown. The thought that he would be leaving this place had never sunk in until now. It had been his secluded, secretive home for years and now, he had to leave it. Probably for the rest of his time. Delwon sighed and smiled again. But leaving this would be worth regainning Moria again. Oh, how he had missed the dark halls and the beautiful shining of the Mithril Mines. It would all be heaven to see.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: September 25, 2005 08:23
Plodding along in 'typical' dwarvish-fashion, Falin found himself enjoying the journey towards Moria, and mused about the new group he was in.

He knew that many of his new companions were older than he, but the youngster (which Falin almost felt like) didn't let that bother him at all. Miners... smiths... it seemed many of the dwarvish crafts were represented amongst them, which was good to know.

After a time, Falin found himself walking beside Delwon, and glanced at him curiously.

"So..." Falin began, trying to think of something to say, "I've never seen the main 'dig' in Moria. Is it truly as 'rich' as the tales? Is there enough Mithril still to be dug?"

Wondering if he was sounding... 'too' eager, the younger Dwarf waited with bated breath for Delwon's opinion...
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2005 01:32
Hearing the padding of approaching feet, Delwon slowly pulled the pack pony towards the left a little more then looked sidelong to the young dwarf, Falin.

A careful smile creased across his invisible lips. What a curious fellow! His mind thought cheerfully before he remember to answer the lad.

"The Mithril Mines are still as rich as they ever were. Their chasms shine deep and bright with the beauty of Mithril. But for now, lad, you will just have to wait. When we get there, I will show you myself."
gwendeth
Send Message
on: September 27, 2005 03:20
(( Sorry - I got busy with housework. >.< ))

Holding back a sigh, Falin dropped back just a bit, knowing he had been (after all) 'too eager'.

It was hard to be 'patient', though, even as the dwarves plodded along. 'Patience' was not Falin's strong point, by any stretch of imagination.

Shifting his pack from one shoulder onto the other, the young Dwarf concentrated on putting on foot in front of the other...
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2005 03:53
Exhaling a huff of hot breath, Delwon kept his dark eyes on the mountians ahead. To his dismay, they never seemed to move any closer than what they appeared.

The pack animal beside him snorted and stomped his hooves impatiently before falling into yet another silent fit of heavy breathing. Silly animal.

It would take them a few weeks to reach the mountains and a day or two to actually find the enterance to Moria. Starting fresh was always hard, especially when one was following to start an all new expedition for an all new start.

If they all accomplished this great task, the dwarf kind would once again flourish.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: September 28, 2005 07:06
Falin wasn't paying much attention to the landscape around the Dwarven-group. His thoughts were too much on the Mines of Moria. How much 'cleanup' would need to be done - was one thing, in particular. - And... had he brought all the 'right' tools? Would there be a 'section' of the mines he could 'claim' for himself? he then wondered, and sighed.

Glancing up at the sky, Falin noted clouds were gathering, and drifting across the sun - almost as if they were playing a 'hiding-game' with it. Hoping it wouldn't rain, the young Dwarf slipped further to the rear of his very-silent traveling companions...
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2005 11:44
The group was awkwardly silent. So far the only ones who had really spoken were Falin and himself but that had only lasted five minutes at the most.

Trying to prevent himself from going mad in the midst of this silence, Delwon mentally muttered a few old songs and poems though on most of them, he had forgotten how the last versus of them went so after a few minutes of that, he quickly gave up.

Perhaps they are just tired. His mind tried convincinglly. Nonsense, we have only just started. Hungry? No. Shy? Who knows.

After walking a few more miles, he decided, we would have them stop for a short half hour break. They could perhaps chat a little then.
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2005 04:41
Hilo dropped his pack at delwon command. Stretching his back which was sore for his pack laden with tools and his ax. " Ah... it be good to rest." He muttered. Hilo, was a man of the forge if you will... He was a maker of weapons and tools. His true love was to feel the fire on his face and to craft something so ugly and useless into a ax of strength and beauty. Ah yes, he had come with the others to Moria to fix there tools, axes, and all other thing that have a Strong trendiness to break. Looking at delwon he said " Do you think it's going to rain laddie...? If so we might want to find some cover..."
gwendeth
Send Message
on: September 30, 2005 08:55
With relief, though (if asked) he could have kept going, Falin leaned against a convenient rock, and set down his packs. Rummaging in one of them, he pulled out some travel-bread to munch on; washing it down with a swallow of water.

Another of their company... Hilo if the young Dwarf remembered correctly was talking to their leader.
Looking at delwon he said " Do you think it's going to rain laddie...? If so we might want to find some cover..."

Glancing upwards again, Falin took another bite of his journey-cake and listened for Delwon's answer...
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2005 12:24
" Do you think it's going to rain laddie...? If so we might want to find some cover..."

Turning away from his back, Delwon stared absentmindedly at Hilo as if the other dwarf had spoken in some foriegn tongue. But giving it a moment to sink in, the older dwarf peered upwards towards the sky then back down.

"By the looks of it, just a small bit for today. Nothing too serious."

At last! Another had spoken. Seemingly, rest was indeedly all the small group needed to feel a wee bit more comfortable with the situation.

On th inside, he chuckled then withdrew a small portion of bread of which he slowly ate.
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2005 02:09
"Aye, whatever you say." Coming over he sat next to Falin one of the younger dwarfs. Pulling out his ax he started to sharpen it shrrrip shrrrip it went over the blade. He was somewhat worried about going to Moria. What if all that had come after the dwarfs was still there? This was his main concern. However the more he thought about it the more he wanted to use the ax that he was sharpening..
gwendeth
Send Message
on: October 02, 2005 05:09
Falin swallowed the last bite of his meal, and watched Hilo sharpening his axe. It was finely made, the young Dwarf thought, and Hilo had the look of a 'smith' about him.

A bit hesitantly, he brought forth his own two. Not as well crafted, but serviceable. "Would you mind checking mine?" Falin inquired. "I'm fairly sure they're sharp enough - but it's been a while..."
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2005 08:19
Reaching over Hilo took the younger dwarfs axes. " They are fairly sharp...but see here there is a nick in your blade. Take this" He said handing Falin a sharpening stone. " Always brush the same way and the nick will come out." After watching the lad for a while he said." good! You have the hands of a warrior but they could be trained for a crafter hand."

( maybe some worgs or somthing should come.....just an idea)
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2005 11:26
((I am having a bit of a rough time getting onto the internet so I may miss a day or so here and there but it shouldn't be too often. As for the warg idea, sounds great. If the idea's a-okay will everone we can do it here in the next post))

Delwon crunched down and swollowed the last bit of the bread piece then took a small drink. He kept his back to the others, momentarily, and kept his eyes always on the mountains as if he expected them to suddenly grow legs and move away.

Just a few more minutes, maybe three, and then they would continue on. He definately wanted to get farther before the blinding night fell. But he also wanted to allow the others to continue fixing their axes and such. So whenever they were done with all the nicks and glitches, then they could continue, he decided finally.

Coming onto the idea that it wold probably be best to check his axes now, he pulled two smaller ones out and held each one close with a sharp eye examining every nook and cranny. Everything seemed right. Much satisfied, he put those two away and began resharpening his walking axe, as he always loved to keep it with a deadly sharp point.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: October 03, 2005 12:15
(( 0_0!! Wargs!! Terrific idea!! ))

Reaching over Hilo took the younger dwarfs axes. " They are fairly sharp...but see here there is a nick in your blade. Take this" He said handing Falin a sharpening stone. " Always brush the same way and the nick will come out." After watching the lad for a while he said." good! You have the hands of a warrior but they could be trained for a crafter hand."

Falin reddened, and inwardly berated himself. How had he 'missed' that nick? - Yet... it was so... 'small', that only an eye well-trained for looking would have found it.

Promising to himself he'd do a better job of taking care of his own weapons, the young Dwarf carefully followed Hilo's directions.

As he did, Falin pondered... 'crafter' hand? "What kind of 'craft'?" he asked Hilo, rather surprised. "I've been a miner... that's what I'm planning on doing in Moria..."
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2005 01:39
((M'kay, seems as everyone is on go for the warg idea. So here it is.))

shrrrip! shrrrip!
Delwon smiled musingly to himself, his eyes focused intently on the blade of his axe.
shrrrip! shrrrip!
The older dwarf wiggled his nose as an itch came to it then once rid of it, brought the sharpening stone back down against his axe.
shrrrip! shrrrip!
Another sound caught his ear. Not one of the sounds of sharpening but something else. Something farther within the trees. Something dark. Even the small pack pony seemed to sense it as the beast began walking backwards a bit until it ran out of lead rope.
The sound came again. Longer and louder this time. What was it? Howling? Was it howling? And that other noise? Yells, seemingly. Delwon glanced over his shoulder at the others who by now had heard it and were paying full attention on the trees ahead.
The hairs on the nape of his neck stood up. Something was watching them. Something within the darkness of the trees had its eyes on the small group. Dark, vicious, massacring eyes. Blood hungry.
By now, the pony was in fright. Its nostrils flared and its eyes widened madly. It knew just as well as the dwarves did that there was something else out there. And obviously, the pony did not wish to wait around and find out. It bucked its small hooves furiously, fighting wldly with the air, its loud calls screeching and echoing through the darkness. Then without missing a step, the beast burst into a quick gallop and took back down he path, dropping a few packs of supplied in the process. A few feet away, perhaps fifty, there came a great growl then a loud whinny and then silence. That pony wouldn't be seen by any again after that.
The dwarves remained still. Somewhat shaken by the sudden occurence and for a few seconds (five at the most) all was still and quiet until broken by the padding of many speeding feet. Approaching. Approahing. Faster. Faster. Closer and closer until there came a ripple within the branches of the trees and finally, a creature leapt out. And mounted upon the creature a fouler one, dealing death.
"Warg!" Delwon cried, though he was quite sure the others knew it too and hurriedly brought up his axe, wielding it with strong fingers.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: October 04, 2005 12:59
Warg? Falin let fall the sharpening-stone, and leapt to his feet. The one 'shriek' from the pony had sent shivers down his spine, and he was no coward.

Young, and rather 'rash', but he wasn't 'afraid'.

"Is that the only one?" Falin demanded to know, and (feeling rather 'foolish') then saw more of them coming.

Quite glad he'd gotten Hilo's assistance in resharpening his axes, the young Dwarf sent one of his two flying through the air. A 'crunch', and (since he'd not fought one of these things before) Falin was quite surprised to see the beast fall down. Dead? No - he'd thrown his axe too quickly to accurately aim where he should have to kill it.

Dodging another warg, Falin ran to retrieve his axe-blade, finished the job, and turned to find it had 'doubled-back' and was now all too close for 'comfort'...

[Edited on 4/10/2005 by gwendeth]
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2005 04:47
"Is that the only one?"

A light stare was sent over towards the young dwarf then whisked his stare back ahead as more wargs came into the rather small clearing. In total, there was eight. All weapons were drawn and held, ready.

The older dwarf licked his lips dryly and his small eyes widened to a large stance. All weariness seemed to leave his body and a new strength came to him. Perhaps it was the fear.

Delwon gave a deep battle yell as a warg approached and brought up his axe. The warg leapt forward andthe dwarf brought down the axe. There was a loud Crunch! noise and the warg collasped, his head dangling limply underneath part of his large body, a red tongue lolling out.

There was an evil growl from a few feet away and awkwardly, he turned as another charged. He again swung his axe and this time mixed. His axe smacked against the hard ground, sticking. Anxious, he yanked on the shaft of the axe but it didn't come up. Again he yanked and still nothing. Suddenly there came a hard pain to his side and he fell abckwards. The same warg as before snarled above him.

Sweat dripped from his hairline and wandered stingingly into his eyes. Quick, his hands fidgeted with the small axe at his side. At first it didn't work, nor the second time, but with the thrid tug it slide smoothly out of its sheath. Delwon growled and with an odd movement, pushed the head of the axe upward, striking into the warg. The creature gave a screech-like cry and backed away a few steps, giving Delwon enough time to get back up to feet, steady the small axe and finish the warg with only a small number of hacks.

Relieved and somewhat frightened at the same time, the eldest dwarf returned to his largest axe and gave an angry tug to it. This time it popped right up, flinging a bit of dirt and rock here and there.

He spun around, facing the mad battle of the group. His eyes caught immidiately onto Falin, the young dwarf was doing well. "Falin!" he yelled, but his voice was drowned with all the commotion. Approaching evily towards the dwarf was a warg, his jaws all ready opened and claws spawned outwards, ready to ripe flesh. He yelled the young dwarves name again then flung his axe forward. The blade snagged violently into the side of the warg's neck and with a dreadful 'shriek' it fell to its side. Delwon hustled over and yanked he axe from the warg's flesh then sent a welcoming nod in Falin's direction.
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2005 03:38
(sorry it took so long.....)

Hilo was just about to answer Falin when the pony had broke lose. Now he was swinging at a warg with all his might grrrrahhhh the warg screamed as a well aimed blow collided with his scalp. Hilo's muscles bulged and his heart beet fast...hump..hump..hump he could hear it in his ears...oh how he loved it the rush of battle it was what he once lived for...before he had became a smith....crunch! down went his Axe again...and again ...and again...
gwendeth
Send Message
on: October 06, 2005 05:25
Falin was concentrating so hard on the warg in front of him, that he never heard Delwon yelling his name. Not, that was, until he heard the death-cry of one of the beasts behind him.

Whirling, the young Dwarf saw Delwon's nod, and the still-twitching monster on the ground. Taking a firmer grip on his axe, Falin tried not to shudder at what *might* have happened, and turned back to the battle.

As his blade 'crunched' into another warg, Falin decided he'd not enough experience in fighting - and this was a *bad* way to be getting it.

Yet, finding himself back-to-back with Hilo, the young mining-Dwarf kept at it...
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2005 04:12
"good job laddie!" hilo said over his shoulder. " there going down fast! soon we will be done!" chopping in a downward motion he closed one wargs eyes forever...
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2005 10:33
Delwon growled, bringing his axe down on yet another merciless warg and it wasn't long before there remained only a few left, three that he could see.
They seemed to hesitant, debating on whether or not they should really continue this. They had thought they could overtake the dwarves before, they had thought the three dwarven forms to be rather stupid and dull minded. They had guessed wrong. Coming to their senses, they ducked tail and ran, scampering back into the trees.
Delwon reamined still, everyone seemed to remain still until the sound of thundering footdrops passed beyond hearing. He exahled a might relief of hot breath and lowered his axe to his side.
"Is everyone all right? Any injuries?" Was his first boast of questions as he whisked a look over his shoulder then turned fully towards the two. After all, one cannot continue such a journey as this with an injured man falling behind.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: October 08, 2005 10:49
Despite his normal Dwarven resilience, Falin sank gratefully to the ground when the last wargs took off through the brush.

"Nothing here, Delwon - barring a nasty scratch on my arm," Falin growled, and glared at the dead beast that had caused it. "Just give me a minute or two to catch my breath, and we can leave this place behind - and it's welcome to the wargs!"

Looking over a few yards to where the other Dwarves had paused, "Are you all right, Hilo?" Falin inquired.
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2005 12:21
Hilos breathing slowed down and the fire which had burned so brightly in his eyes a few minutes ago had died down. "Yes, i am alright....but you! How is this nasty bite that you call a scrath coming?"
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2005 04:45
Wiping the blade of his axe, Delwon slowly trudged over to Falin and silently examined the 'scratch'.

"Hilo's asumption right, lad. That is a nasty looking gash but it doesn't seem to be too deep. I reckon it will heal within a short time. Fix it as best you can now and when next we stop we can all have another gander at it."
gwendeth
Send Message
on: October 09, 2005 05:50
Falin shrugged, and ripping a piece of material from his already-shreaded sleeve, he wrapped it around the wound.

After cleaning the axe he still held, the young Dwarf stuck it into his belt and began searching for his other one. It took some doing, but finally, he found it... buried into the hide of one of the dead beasts.

With an 'oof' Falin pulled it out (grimacing at the 'twinge' in his arm), cleaned it, and then looked around.

His supply-packs had been torn to pieces in the fight, and what had been within, was strewn all over the ground. With a sigh, Falin began retrieving what still seemed 'usable'... and as quickly as possible. He didn't want to delay moving on any longer than he had to.

When he was done, Falin 'reported' back to Delwon and Hilo. "Ready when you are," he told them both...
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2005 04:49
"humhp!" hilo grunted as he wrung up his pack onto his back.it had thankfully survived the fight...."Yes, we better go"

i will be gone for about 7 days cya when i get back!
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2005 11:09
((Okay, see ya when you get back Justice.))

Delwon sighed a heavy huff of hot air and slipped his torn pack from his shoulders down onto the ground. "I'll be right back." he grumbled and trudged back down the path a ways.

Finding the remains of the pony, he nudged his way about and snatched up items that were still in fit condition. Most were covered in blood and stunk like decay. But he only wrinkled his nose with disgust and breathed slowly in and out of his half hidden mouth.

When he was finally satisfied with the items he had scavanged, Delwon returned to the group and skillfully shoved items into his pack and pulled it back up to his shoulders.

"All right," he sighed. "Let's go."
gwendeth
Send Message
on: October 11, 2005 03:38
Dutifully, Falin fell into line with the other Dwarves as they set off again. His arm stung from the wound, but he ignored it as best he could.

It was an inconvenience, though, for he couldn't really 'shift' his burden... and his other shoulder began to ache from it. Yet, the young Dwarf kept his mouth shut on that score, and replied to such comments that came his way as was needed.

To his relief, the drizzling rain finally stopped, and by the time they halted for the night, the ground dry again.

Gratefully dropping his sacks onto the ground, Falin glanced at Hilo and then at Delwon. "Shall we set a Watch?" he inquired, "I'll take the first one - if you want..."
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2005 04:15
Delwon sat amongst the dirt and rock of the ground. His back was sore and suprisingly enough, his legs ached from the slim coverage of miles they had managed.

"Shall we set a Watch? I'll take the first one - if you want..."

"Hm?' The dwarf looked over towards Falin, the young dwarf, and smiled. "That would be appreciated, Falin. Each watch will only last three hours and when the time is up, you will awaken the next for his watch. After your watch is finised, Falin, wake me up if you would be so generious, and I will take the next watch of the night."

Stretching his mouth into a great yawning formation, Delwon along with the other dwarves laid along the ground, rocks, twigs and other various earthly compounds sticking ino their backs. But, ah, it felt good to finally have a decent rest.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: October 13, 2005 09:12
All was soon quiet, and Falin kept a careful eye and ear out for anything that moved in the early part of the night.

Fortunately, it was naught but the usual night-birds and animals scurrying around for their evening meals. And, when it was time, the young Dwarf did as he'd been bidden to, and shook Delwon's shoulder.

"Your turn!" he whispered gruffly, and whilst the older Dwarf took over, Falin found a spot not far from Hilo, got as comfortable as he could, and was quickly asleep.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2005 02:13
The mine was dark and was heavily carressed by a cold breeze as the group of dwarves entered into the mined. Almost every bearded jaw was dropped, awe struck and happy. It had taken a week or so but they had finally arrived to the caves.

Everything was fine. There were no enemies to be defeated, hardly any rubble to be picked up. It looked just as it did before the coming of the Balrog.

Many loud cheers broke from each dwarve's mouth and an annonimous barrel of ale was opened. Joy! Splendor! A new awakening for the dwarves!

Then everything fell. The world began to shake. Harder and harder. Every boulder, every rock, every column was tumbling onto the floor---

Delwon snapped open his eyes to the feeling of Falin shaking him. "Your turn!" the young dwarf announced in a whisper before whisking off to catch a night's sleep.

He stood and made a large circle around the camp before finally taking a seat on an old tree stump. The night was still and hardly a breeze blew. Very fortunate considering the day's events and the warg's probably still wandering about the trees.

A numerious count of hours fled behind the mountains and eventually the first bit of sunlight pricked the early morning sky. It would be urgent to fix a quick meal then be on their way.

Going from one dwarf to the next, Delwon shook each of them awake, bid them a good morning, then gave them a soft order for them to have themselves a quick meal if desired then be on their way.
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2005 07:41
Hilo finished cooking hid bacon. "Here lad!" he said to falin who sat not far off. " Eat! you going need all you can get!"
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email