Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
Post RE: Calming the Mountains *(Slightly scripted)*
on: October 16, 2005 10:14
Much sooner than Falin would have liked, did Delwon shake him back to reawareness. Forebearing to grumble though, the young Dwarf caught the very welcome aroma of bacon on the air.

"Thanks," he told Hilo gruffly (though gratefully), and as soon as everyone had eaten their fill, the Dwarves were again on their way.

He was a bit... 'stiffer' this morning, Falin thought, and again - not. His arm ached a bit, but it was more quickly his muscles loosened up as he trudged along behind Delwon and Hilo...

"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2005 11:13
Delwon sat back on the ground and fumbled through his loaded pack. Within the time span of a minute, he pulled out a mere apple, red, round, and somewhat squishy, and ate it delightfully. It's crumptious juices sprang down his throat and cleared away any dry areas.

When the dwarf finished, he waited for all the others to be done then quickly stood with his pack all ready loaded on his shoulders. "All right. Let us be off again."

The group fell into a lazy trudging line and everything was silent, save the pounding of feet and the occasional bursts of heavy air. Remembering suddenly, Delwon slowed himself and drifted back a few paces until he was next to Falin. "How is your arm feeling today, Falin? Has it gotten better even the slighest bit?'
gwendeth
Send Message
on: October 19, 2005 05:56
Falin shrugged, and kept his eyes on the ground in front of his feet. "Some," he answered, but wished he could shift his pack to give his one shoulder a bit of rest.

But then, thinking of something, "Warg-bites aren't 'poisonous' or anything - are they?" the young Dwarf asked anxiously. He'd absolutely *hate* to have their progress slowed down even further by becoming ill from his wound, and determined inwardly that if he did, Falin would stop, and recover (he hoped), and then catch up...
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2005 03:26
"I heard they could bend you out'a shape for a while." said hilo who had been walked near by. "But poisonous or deadly i doubt...."
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2005 12:16
((Sorry it took me a while to post, been sick :twitch: .))

"I heard they could bend you out'a shape for a while." said hilo who had been walked near by. "But poisonous or deadly i doubt...."

Delwon nodded his head to Hilo's statement then quietly added his own assumptions. "I have never heard of any account of a warg's bite being poisonous though there was this young fellow many, many years back who claimed it had and did but, being the tricky fish he was, no one believed him and nothing bad happened at all afterwords."
gwendeth
Send Message
on: October 22, 2005 05:23
(( Hope you're feeling better!! ))

Quite a bit relieved on that score, Falin nodded and kept plodding along. In a couple of days he'd be better, so the young Dwarf decided not to 'dwell' on his aching arm.

Except, "I hope nothing like that bothers us again soon," he growled. Fighting with an injured limb would not be very useful... if it was needed.

With a sigh, he glanced above. "At least it doesn't look like any rain today," Falin commented to both Hilo and Delwon.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2005 03:00
"At least it doesn't look like any rain today"

Cranning his neck and squinting his eyes to the sunlight, Delwon gave a nod of compliance. "Yes, no rain today. Or, leastways, no rain today unless the clouds decide to spring out later during the night. It's always so hard to tell."

He looked ahead -towards the mountains- and smiled. They were closer! Much closer. Twenty more leagues or so, he estimated mentally and chuckled from underneath his beard.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 10:46
Falin was trying to keep his gaze off the mountains. The way beneath their feet was (for the time being) a bit 'rocky', and the young Dwarf had no desire to go 'tumbling'.

Not only would it aggravate his arm-wound, but it would look awfully 'silly' to see a Dwarf stumble and fall to his knees carrying a pack the size of his own.

"Is lunch soon?" Falin finally inquired, after many hours of plodding along...
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2005 03:13
Hilo stooped and took a deep breath...looking up at the sky he said "i would push on a little longer...but if your not feeling well." He did not want the young dwarf to pass out on him or anything..

when are we going to get there and will ther like a way cool battle!?!
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 31, 2005 10:04
((-00C- Ooh yes, mwuaha. It will indeedly be kewl. In the OoC forum for this rp, Gewndeth and myself had compiled one or two plans for what was to happen as they reached the mountain and whatnot but yes, a great ol' bloody battle sounds satisfying. They should be reaching it within the next few posts.))

Tearing his gaze from the mountains and down to the rocks beneath his feet, Delwon pulled himself to a stop and turned to look back towards the others. They did seem a little weary looking, food and a bit of rest would do them good especially when they began the trudge to Moria's gate.

"Rest and food sounds appealing at the moment," he announced to the others. "We'll stop here for an hour at the most to allow ourselves to get ourselves a little something to eat and some rest."

He saw relief come to a few eyes and aggrevation in a few others. A small break wouldn't kill anyone and so, to make it final, he took a seat in the exact spot where he had stood and slipped his heavy pack from his shoulders.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: November 01, 2005 03:42
Hilo stooped and took a deep breath...looking up at the sky he said "i would push on a little longer...but if your not feeling well."

"I'll go on until Delwon calls a halt," Falin answered grimly, and wished again he could shift his burden, if even for a little while, and just contrated on putting one foot down in front of the other.

Yet, when their Leader did stop them for a quick meal-break, it was with relief that Falin dropped his pack to the ground.

Albeit would not be for long, and they would soon be on their way again, the young Dwarf ignored the dark glances of those in the Dwarven company who wanted to press on. Falin knew he needed the rest... and the food...
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2005 09:01
Falin was getting pale in the face...Hilo wanted to help him... but knew that Falin would receive ridicule from the other dwarfs if he did. Walking over to where falin had dropped his pack and sat down he cleared his throat..."Cummmhrump! Well lad...Umm... I brought a little to many rations for me to carry with ease....So if you would help me out by eating them i would be much obliged."

:rolling: There's a ooc?!?! Yeah! Blessings for the way cool battle!
gwendeth
Send Message
on: November 04, 2005 09:52
"Thanks," Falin mumbled, but he hated taking someone else's food. Yet, the burdens were different now, anyway... after the wargs had destroyed so many packs, and the Dwarves had had to redistribute how their supplies were carried.

Talk was little whilst they ate, and rested, at least between most of the travelers... only he, Hilo, and Delwon doing very much of it...

(( When do you want the orcs? - A bit closer to the Misty Mountains? ))
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2005 04:34
(Yeah, the orcs will be a'coming once the dwarves are a wee bit closer to the mountains.)

Delwon exhaled, his gloved hand raising a small piece of bread to his mouth for eating. He munched the dry food lightly then took a short draught of water.

"Falin," he muttered aloud, looking in Hilo and Falin's direction. "Your arm, how is it feeling so far?"
gwendeth
Send Message
on: November 07, 2005 10:34
Falin shrugged with his good shoulder.

"Still sore," he answered, "but a bit better - I think."

And then, he concentrated on eating as much as he could before the group once again set off...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email