Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post OOC - Rangers of Ithilien - Revised
on: October 26, 2005 08:48
OK, here is the deal. It is the year 3004 of the third age. A year has gone by since the creation of the rangers first almost entirely female squad. Some of these rangers have come back to teach the new rangers of Ithilien! That's where you come in! Come join us and be a ranger! We would love to have a larger group than last year. So, all are welcome (wether or not you were a ranger in the other rpg - that doesn't matter) We'd love to have you!
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OOC - Rangers of Ithilien - Revised
on: October 26, 2005 09:32
And, here are the rules.

If you're unsure as to whether or not it breaks the rules, then think like a Ranger. Act honorably, kind, and good. If that still doesn't help, look them up! They'll be here!

1. No one-liner posts. Make it two decent-sized paragraphs at least. Please.

2. For the love of the higher power, use the spell-check! It takes very little time and saves everyone else a big headache.

3. Remember your grammar! Proper use of capital letters and syntax is wonderful. So is separating each paragraph.

4. Post in the OOC or the Going Away thread if you're going to be gone for a few days so people don't think you've dropped out without warning. This is just a politeness thing.

5. NO flaming, bashing, god-modding, etc. Please be respectful of other people's religions, sexual orientations, and opinions. Violators will be thrown out after they have been tied up, flogged, and forced to watch repeated showings of "Sillmarillion: the Musical."

6. Don't be afraid to speak up if you have a concern or an opinion. The leaders are there to help, and they can't help if they don't know something's wrong.

7. Let people know if you have to drop out of the thread for whatever reason. It's just good manners to let people know what's going on.

8. Please watch your language. No swearing or nasty remarks Also, be respectful of others when RPing. No harassment is tolerated, nor is begging for a rank, or ignoring another person's character.

9. No character is allowed to have any amount of Dunedain in them, or be descended from them. Nor are characters allowed to have any 'magic', 'magical powers' or any unusual 'gifts'. (No foresight, telepathy, etc, etc)

10. Please refrain from posting about sex, or being too descriptive about battles, etc. This is a pg-13 RP.

11. Characters cannot be Elves, half-elves, of the Dunedain, or be from Ithilien. Ithilien was abandoned as Sauron's power grew, with Ithilien's people moving to Minas Tirith. Characters cannot be from anywhere east of the Anduin. That should cover most of the regions that were abandoned. The Dunedain were in Gondor, but their numbers were very, very few (and it seems, mostly in Dol Amroth, if memory serves).

12. No pets, and none especially with 'special abilities'! (no dogs, birds, cats, anything like that!) Horses, just plain old horses, are totally fine.

13. Please, please please for the love of Eru, make your character's name *sound* Gondorian or LOTR-ish, and please no Elvish names.

14. No anti-social personas, 'special' personas, personas related to the LOTR characters, or personas with a tragical past, please!

15. Have fun!

[Edited on 30/10/2005 by Inwë_Elensar]
curunir_the_wise
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 11:36
Uh...hi all. I'm new to role playing and this in my first rpg. I think I have the basics down, though. I have the feeling that this is going to be fun...
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 03:58
Welcome!
yankeegirl
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 27, 2005 02:13
I'll join up as promised. I'll have to rework a character of mine so I appologize if his history isn't completely set for a few days.
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2005 02:15
Nice to have you, Eirn! I know you'll have fun here. Welcome!
curunir_the_wise
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2005 02:17
Breath...breath...okay, I made the backstory and bio and everything, so I guess i'm ready to go.
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 02:45
Alot of times I just go and then make the backstory. Odd I know. This one was the only difference because I based the back story on me! He he he he, just tweaked it a bit to make it more... realistic to Lotr He he he

WELCOME one and all!
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 09:53
The new and improved Ranger site/hangout is up and ready to go. Click Here

FOr those who don't know about the ranger site, it's a hangout for rangers. We have games and stuff there. We keep the rpg here (because the rpg rocks!!!) we just go and chat there. Then we get the best of both worlds. He he he!!!

Anywho, check it out!

[Edited on 28/10/2005 by musicalgal123]
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 12:20
Sweet, Claira!

I revised the RP rules to deal with the newest issues/questions. I'd like everyone to look them over, please, and ajdust thier posts/bios is needed.

Thanks!

~Capt. Itama
curunir_the_wise
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 12:37
In fact, to be safe, I suggest that you say that charactors cannot be from anywhere east of the Anduin. That should cover most of the regions that were abandoned.
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 12:44
Good idea! I'll add that in! Thanks for pointing it out.
curunir_the_wise
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 03:12
There are just a few more things I think should be in the rules. Our wonderful Captain Itama and Acting Lieutenant Claira are doing a brilliant job. Here's a few things I suggest to keep the rp more realistic.

1) Charactors must be of the race of men.

2) Charactors cannot have any type of magical powers, magical weapons, magical armor, or any type of magical item.

These are only suggestions. I think that they will help to rp run smoother, be more realistic, and be more fun.
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 03:15
I have those down already, with the 'no elves or half-elves' and the 'no god modding' rules.
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 29, 2005 06:55
*Gets evil glint in her eye and chuckles evilly to herself!*

Itama! oOO, Ooo, I have a question. *jumps up and down so as to attract her attention*

You said no pets. Does that mean I have to send my horse back home?

Itama - sorry to bug you like this, but I thought others might ask and it's so much fun to be childish once in a while! He he he!
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2005 06:59
Indeed, it is. Brat

No, horses are fine, obviously! *laughs* Just no pets like cats, birds or dogs, or horses that are anything but well, normal horses.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2005 11:58
Question! Ok, say a character is from a family of Dunedain. Would it be alright for that character to have small traces of foresight? It appears that some of the Dunedain had foresight, like Aragorn's grandmother and Aragorn himself. It wasn't very strong as say, Galadriel's, but they had some.

I'm asking because the rules say no magic, but since some of the Dunedain had this gift, would it be okay to use it? And no, if my character does has it, they're not going to be predicting major events every five minutes. Something more along the lines of having a feeling, and then it happens.
(Example: *Insert Char.#1* I keep having this strange craving for stew.
*Insert Char.#2* Hey, we're having stew for supper!)
curunir_the_wise
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2005 12:02
I thought that the Dunedain were more around the realm of Arnor, and not so near to Gondor. Itama, you're our resident Gondor expert. What do you think?
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2005 02:47
Dunedain were more around the realm of Arnor, yes. And so, none are to be found around Gondor. Thus, no character is allowed to have any amount of Dunedain in them.
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2005 04:10
Okay, here's how things will work now:

How many of you have created a bio in the database? I'd like you all to send me via pm the link to them so I can review them and make sure they're acceptable. If not, I will notify you what parts need to be changed and will review the bio again after it has been changed.

This is only to ensure that no rules are broken and that no one tries to sneak in a 'special' character with awesome talents, loved by all, adopted by some LOTR character, can speak to animals, all that stuff. Now, it's perfectly fine if your character is involved with a LOTR character (ex: Itama and Faramir, Niere had a crush on Boromir, there was flirtage). That's all fine.

Thank you!!

Capt. Itama
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 30, 2005 04:08
Itama, you keep making me laugh! I think everyone is going to flirt with Faramir when he stops by to check on his for his annoying father. Dude, I'll probobly be drooling!!! Now Boromir on the other hand... I never liked him... He he he.

Itama do you really want to see my character bio? If you do, then that's cool. I was just wondering based on how much you know my character! Here's Claira's Bio I hope none of it needs to be changed espessially because I based 90% of it off the real me. Even the part about a deaf friend who signs (Hey, Tolkien never said that there were no deaf people in middle earth) Anywho, let me know if something isn't realistic. Other than that, it's time for me to go back to drooling over Faramir...
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2005 05:11
Okay, Claira, that was just not funny at all. Seriously. Not cool, and not funny. That response just downright hurt. I was telling the newbies that, not you. I knew yours is okay. I based mine a lot me, too.

Claira, seriously, it is not about that at all. I might like Faramir, but this is concering bios, not relationships that may develop in the RP. Really. It's just that I need to make sure people are following the rules. I got PMed by the mod about that whole foresight mess, ok? I wanted to make sure our people aren't breaking our rules, so we don't get into any trouble.

~Capt. Itama

[Edited on 30/10/2005 by Inwë_Elensar]
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 30, 2005 05:58
Sorry to annoy you! I understand what your doing and I didn't mean to make you mad. Please accept my sincerest appologies!

I'm sorry!
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2005 06:27
It didn't annoy so much as hurt me. I was more hurt than I was mad. It felt like you were laughing at me, and not taking me seriously.

Apology accepted, by the way. No worries.

~Capt. Itama
curunir_the_wise
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2005 10:20
I got my bio all done a long time ago. Back when I was still helping to make the rules. At least two of the rules were inspired by mistakes that I made back when it was just me, Claira, and Itama. Anyway, my bio is all done, if you want to look at it. It's the only one title "Elmar".

I would put a link here, but I'm not sure how to do links.

Elmar
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 02, 2005 01:00
I would like to say how much you all rock! I was having a really icky day today and I came online and read the rp and you guys just made me feel much better for some reason. Thanks a ginormous bunch. (OH, and ginormous is a word I made up that I'm using alot latley. It's a combination of gigantic and enormous. Just to let you know)

~ Claira
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2005 03:13
I haven't created a bio yet; I just haven't had the time. I shall get one up as soon as possible. But just so you know, after I asked the Dunedain question, I suddenly remembered that Arianel wasn't originally a Dunedain! I feel so silly.
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2005 08:43
Yay, thanks Claira! Thank you too, for convincing me that I wasn't a failure and that the Rangers could recover! You rock, girl!

Just a quick little reminder: posts MUST be at least 1-2 good-sized paragraphs! I'm seeing WAY too many one-and-two liners.

Thankies!

Argh, I have work today 3:30-close (midnight)

~Capt. Itama, the over-worked
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 03, 2005 02:12
WOOT WOOT!!! We made two pages.

:disco: *starts singing "Celebrate good times, come one..."* :disco:

He he he, anywho, that's my random blurb for the day. Now, off to post...
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2005 04:14
Inwe, did you get the link to my Arianel's bio?
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2005 09:15
No, I didn't. Did you send it via PMs? If so, it looks like they ate your message.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2005 03:12
Yes, I did send via PM. -_-
I'll resend it.
Unawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2005 05:55
hello everyone!
I feel I should properly introdue meself...I am Timara Wilwarin, I joined the first group a year ago, but had to leave for reasons...I missed the fellowship that was part of the rangers and have decided to rejoin the fun.

if you want to read my Bio go there -> http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=4062
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2005 06:20
Inwe, I resent the PM, did you get it?
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2005 10:59
Nope, gosh darnit, I did not get the resent pm.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email