Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Aranel_Elenlin
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post There and Back-The Beginning of the Great Adventures
on: November 01, 2005 03:38
Please see the Middle Earth Advertiser for openings!. please post in OOC thread if you wish to join. this story follows the adventures of Elenlin and Melannen, two travelling Elves that form and unlikely friendship.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A lone elleth dipped and spun to avoid the numerous orc blades that came swinging twards her. Duck, strike, step back, strike, sipin, strike, duck again, it was all a continuous dance of death she played with every move she made.

How could this happen now? Here, so close to home?

Somehow the curly haired elleth found herself caught in an almost hopeless battle right at the feet of the Misty Mountains. She had been on her way back to Rivendell from Lorien. But, of course, Lorien had only been a pitstop to visit her "family" there. This elleth was a traveller, not a ranger, just someone who loved adventure, and found it often.

This was one adventure that she had definately NOT planned on.

She beheadded one nasty yruck, only to turn and stick another through the gut. Her Mirkwood knives were dripping black orc blood, only to have the river repleanished by her next swing. The hazel eyed elf cut one orc's jugular and spun to stab another through the heart, but that orc got a glimps of something that made him smile in his last moments.

An orc had snuck up behind the loner, catching her side with his broad soard.

The elleth winced in pain, but she knew she had to keep fighting. If these orcs were going to kill her, she was determined to take some of them along.

This battle was turning out to be more hopeless than she had first thought, as more orcs kept replacing the ones she killed off.

"Ai Eru!!" she screamed as another orc sliced her soulder open

[Edited on 6/4/2006 by Aranel_Elenlin]
Tyrann
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: There and Back-The Beginning of the Great Adventures
on: November 01, 2005 06:12
Deep in the mists of the Misty Mountains, a lone elf sat resting. All around him wargs lay slain, whether it be through slit necks, open wounds or beheaded. This elf was more of a loner, and his name was Melannen.

Melannen was a rogue elf - an elf that had lived in the forests of Mirkwood for three years in madness before being saved by Galadriel and Gandalf. He preferred to keep his history secret - no need to announce his violent past to everyone.

He sighed as he wiped his sword Orcrist clean. He had just participated in the Battle of Poros near Ithilien, and was returning to Rivendell. His friend Gandalf had gone to Minas Tirith - to do some secret mission or other.

"Blasted wargs!" he swore when he had recovered. He wanted minimal delays, as he was going to be taught true elven ways by both Elrond and Glorofindel themselves. He got up, spat on a carcass, then strode off in the direction of Rivendell.

He was just on the fringes of the Misty Mountains when he heard the cry.

"Ai Eru!!!!"

Startled, Melannen ran to the source of the sound, and found a lone elf surrounded by many uruks. She was wounded in many different spots, and the uruks were closing in on her. Thinking quickly, Melannen unholstered his bow, and started to shoot arrows at the uruks. The uruks turned to see this new threat, and some prepared to charge. Melannen dropped his bow and unsheathed his sword, the Battlelust coming on him. Orcrist glowed a dark blue, as if it shared its master's fury. Thinking quickly, Melannen then charged at the Uruks, slaying them at will before they could put up a fight. He looked over his shoulder and saw the elven maid go down.

"Ithilien!" he cried and charged to the elven maid's aid.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 02, 2005 06:47
OOC: Is it okay if I join as my character, Mallenwen Mellwasul? She is an elf, she's in the db. I thought maybe you should check her profile out before I post, to see if it is allright? Thanks!

Namarie,
~Arwen
Aranel_Elenlin
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 02, 2005 03:55
((arwen~ your character is wonderful :love:, and we would love to have her here when we open!! ))

Elenlin lay helplessly on the thick grass, her long burnett curls forming a pool around her head. The leg that had caused her to fall gushed blood where it had been slit. The elleth knew that if she did not get help soon, she would die a slow death of blood loss. She almost wished one of the orcs would kill her and end this horrid pain. She could hear sounds of battle still going on around her, but she thought that it was just the orcs fighting over who would get to end it for her.

Yet through the din, came a clear voice, "Ithilien!"

Ithilian? That was miles away! Why would someone be yelling Ithilian?

"I must be delusional." she mumbled to herself

Yet she heard the voice again "Just hang on! Im comming!"

Elenlin felt a thud as the last orc fell to the ground, dead. Suddenly a tall blonde ellon stood over her. She gave a soft smile to the Elf that she guessed was her resquer.

"Can you stand?" he asked

"I...Im not sure." she replied weakly

He bent down and lent her his hand, and together they walked, well Elenlin limped, to a nearby tree. The strange ellon eased her down so that she was leaning against its trunk. She carefully slid her pack off her back, being weary of her shoulder. After fishing through it for a while, Elenlin started bandaging her own wounds.

Well, at least trying to.

Frusterated, tired, and in pain she gave up, and resumed resting against the large oak.

She could feel his bright eyes watching her, but her pain kept her from caring. How she hated being weak like this! She once again dug through her pack and found some pain killers, and popped a few of them.

Still bleeding badly, she unwrapped some more linnen to attempt stopping the wound. Yet, before she could begin, a strong hand stopped her.....
HalfElf_Bearon
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2005 04:10
OOC: Would you mind if i threw my lot in with this? My character is Aridauz Perenlir (air ah dah z, pear n eh lie er) She's the illigitamet daughter of the Beorn. (see The Hobbit chapter 7 for references to Beorn) She has a dark past as well, a time when her wolf side dominated her Elvish nature. She is tall, as most Elves, with short cut; spikey blond hair. Gandalf has sent her to Rivendale for reasons known only to him. Aridauz carries no sword, she does not need one, in a fight she will revert to wolf form or only turn her fingers into claws and fight hand to hand. Her hope is to join Elrond's son's band of orc-slayers. There is no place in Middle-Earth that can lay claim to her heart.

I'm hoping with this to create some history for Aridauz.
Interested? notify me when you decide.

[Edited on 3/11/2005 by HalfElf_Bearon]
Tyrann
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2005 04:12
Whohoo! the more the merrier

Melannen watched this strange elf as they both sat under the tree.

odd he thought. what in blazes would a pretty elf maiden be doing out here?

He had little time to think, as he heard his name being called.

"Melannen!"

Melannen turned to see a large elf coming towards him. He recognised him at once.

"Glorofindel!" he cried. "Thank goodness!"

Glorofindel then looked at the maiden trying to wrap her wounds. "Where did you find her?" he asked.

"Trying to single handedly attack an army of uruks," Melannen replied. "Those toy knives are pretty things, but she'd better stick to being an assassin and not a warrior with those things."

Glorofindel stopped the maiden trying to wrap her wounded leg. "We need to get her to Rivendell," he said. "I tethered a horse nearby. Take her to Elrond - she needs his healing now."

Melannen nodded. Lifting the maid, he walked to where Glorofindel had indicated, and carefully placed the maid on the horse. Then he turned to his elven friend.

"What about you?" he asked.

"I think that I will check on these uruks," he said. "Then I'll summon the eagles to take me home. This may need the attention of the council. You take her to Rivendell, and quickly!"

Melannen nodded. Mounting onto the horse, he spurred it on.

"Hang on," he told the maid. "We're going for a ride!"
Aranel_Elenlin
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 02, 2005 06:37
((hope this is ok Sharkbait... tee heee hee.... im soo sneaky... posting when i should be sleeping.... but i wanted to move this along so our new members can join in mabey the night after tomorrow night...))

"Glorofindel?! What in Middle Earth are you doing here!?"

In between questions and answers, the golden haired elf replied, "Im doing what I was sent to do, though I never thought my errands would be found in the same place." he winked at her as he finished fixing her up for the ride to Imaldris. "Go with him, he will take you to your father."

"But Glorf..." Elenlin started

"No buts, it is time you came home and you know it. Also it makes my job alot easier by getting him there as fast as he can whith no excuses nor delays."

"I was on my way home when those blasted orcs attacked me! I have missed Ada greatly, it will be good to see him again."

Elenlin was thankful for the stranger's kindness, but she made sure that he caught a pericing glare for insulting her knives. They had been a gift from Prince Legolas when she was younger, a token of their still strong friendship.

She had no choice but to cling tightly to the ellon as they galloped. Having an injured leg made it very hard to stay on a horse.

She studied her resquer, trying to grasp a little of his personality. This elf was definately a warrior. He was very muscular, and his face was covered in woad tattoos. His hair was a rich yellow color that caught the sun's light in an almost fascinating way. What stood out to Elenlin the most though, was his bright blue eyes. An elf's eyes were the windows to his soul, and this particular ellon had a depth to his that only came with age. Yet, she could tell that he did not let everything show, there was something he was hiding. In those huge blue orbs, there were walls meant to keep people away.

Deciding to distract herself from the constant josteling, she began to talk to the very quiet stranger.

"Thankyou." she stated simply.

"What?"

"Thankyou... for helping me."she said softly. "My name is Elenlin of Rivendell. Who are you?"
Tyrann
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2005 08:39
That's ok....sometimes I do get into WAY too much detail....

Melannen's eyes focused hard on the road ahaed. He was desperate to get to Rivendell quickly, as the maid's life was at stake. He stared off into the horizion, hoping that Rivendell would suddenly appear.

"Thankyou." said the elven maiden suddenly.

"What?" Melannen said suddnely, turning his attention to the mysterious elven maid.

"Thankyou... for helping me."she said softly. "My name is Elenlin of Rivendell. Who are you?"

"My name is Melannen," he said. "I am a ranger, newly from Gondor."

"So that's it," she said.

"What's it?" asked Melannen, puzzled.

"I thought I heard you yell out 'Ithilien'" she said. "But I thought that I was being delusional"

"I've just come from there," replied Melannen. "We put a whole horde of Haradarim down there. Herumor won't be bothering us for long."

"Do you have a mother and father?" she asked.

Melannen looked distantly. "I know not of my parents," he said simply. "As far as I know, I've always lived at Thranduil's palace in Mirkwood. I was thrown out after disobeying his orders."

Melannen's tone indicated that he did not want to talk further on the subject. Elenlin sighed suddenly then slumped forward.

Melannen looked shocked. Surely she's not dead? He put his hand to her pulse, and was relieved at the steady beat. No, just unconscious. But he may have not much time. He kicked the horse's flanks savegly.

"Hurry," he growled. "We may not have much time..."

The horse seemed to understand. It put on an extra spurt of speed. Within moments, and to Melannen's relief, Rivendell came into view.

"Ride hard!" he shouted.

And with that, the horse literally sped into the elven town. Melannen wasted no time. Lifting the maid off, he carried her straight inside to Elrond. As soon as Elrond saw her, he was stunned.

"Give her to me," he commanded.

Wordlessly, Melannen handed her to the wise elf. Elrond nodded in satisfaction.

"She will live," he said. "I will take care of her now. You have done well, noble elf."

Melannen breathed a sigh of relief. He made it in time!
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 04, 2005 07:39
OOC: The first part of my post is kind of just to introduce Mallenwen and her personality. I thought that maybe she could have a friendship with Haldir? Not much...but I just thought it might be cool? The second part is her on her way to Rivendell. I don't have any idea what this quest thing can be for this umm...'Fellowship' you were gonna organize. But Mallenwen would come along. Maybe it could be to sort the problems out in Gondor or Mirkwood? I don't know...I'll think of something......

BIC:

An elf maiden was walking silently through the golden woods of Lothlorien, sword drawn in one hand and a bow clutched tightly in the other. As she stepped through the piles of autumn leaves, her feet made no sound nor any signs that she had ever walked there. She glanced up the tree with her keen elven gaze and looked around, listening intently. Suddenly someone crept from the shadows and when she turned round a bow was pointing at her head. She gasped and then realised who the archer was.

"Haldir!" She said, smiling and he lowered his bow. "My lady...Mallenwen! I did not know you had returned!" He said, smiling slightly. She nodded, "Yes...but not for long. You know me... travel is my life! As is fighting!" She said and he laughed, "Yes indeed... you are not like other elf maidens I have seen. They seem too wrapped up in their hair or dresses." She snorted, "Well the day you catch me fussing over how my hair looks, *then* you can shoot me!" Mallenwen said, smiling broadly. The blonde elf looked at her, "So have you been up to talk to Lady Galadriel yet? I am sure she will be pleased to see you." She nodded absentmindely, "Uh-huh...I already informed her I had returned, in fact I've just come from their residence now..."

She said, looking up at him. "But...I shall not stay long. I only came back to see my family again...and these beautiful lands." She said, softly sighing. "Want to pratice combat?" She asked Haldir and he looked at her surprised, "I thought you wanted to admire the beauty of the woods?" He said to which she shrugged, "Fighting is more my style." He laughed and shook his head, "It most definitely is my lady!" And they both took off, walking through the huge trees, towards the clearing where they could pratice their dagger work and archery skills.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mallenwen urged her white stallion, Elissa, over the hilly plains, which spread out for miles around her, the hills rolling into the distance. Just ahead she could see the forest, and she knew that just beyond there laid Imladris: The Hidden Valley. That is where she was headed and she was anxious to arrive and inform Lord Elrond of the news from Lady Galadriel. No doubt, her adoptive mother had already informed him of her suspiscions already, using her telepathic skills but for some reason Celeborn and Galadriel had advised her to go to Rivendell still. She wondered what her mother had forseen, it must be quite important if she had to ride with such haste. She shrugged away the thoughts and gently nudged her horse to a slower gallop as she was approaching the trees...

OOC: I hope this is ok. If not let me know!
Aranel_Elenlin
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 04, 2005 12:45
Melannen looked distantly. "I know not of my parents," he said simply. "As far as I know, I've always lived at Thranduil's palace in Mirkwood. I was thrown out after disobeying his orders."

She was just about to say that they had something in common, ....but she felt so weak, her energy just dissappeared.....

The next thing she saw was her father's worried face leaning over hers.

"Ada?? What happened?" she asked weakly

"Good to see you awake again my little song bird." smiled Lord Elrond "You lost too much blood, and became unconcious. Mellanen brought you here just in time."

She slowly lifted her head off the soft pillow to peer around her "father". There was a cushioned chair in the corner, and there sat the strange blonde ellon. She gave him a soft smile of thanks, but he looked slightly puzzeled.

"Did you just call him ada??" he inquired curiously "I thought that Lord Elrond only had one daughter."

"Before I blacked out, I was about to tell you that I also do not know my parents. Elrond adopted me when I was very young, in fact, I dont even remember not being his daughter." Elenlin replied

As he bade her to lay back down, Elrond continued the story. "Her biological father was killed by orcs many years ago. Her mother faded shortly after because she missed him so much. Gilross had lived in Rivendell his whole life, and served me and mine faithfully all his days. I couldnt bear the thought of his child being left alone in the world, so Elenlin became a part of my family." he beamed down at the elleth he had come to love so much "It is good to have you home again Elenlin."

"When can I get out of bed Ada?" she asked anxiously

"Mabey sometime tonight. Until then, please try to rest, read a book, or something that you dont have time to do when you are travelling Middle Earth!"

The curly haired elleth smiled, her father knew her too well. As he exited the room, she noticed that Mellanen was still there. That fact confused her.

"You can stop worring now." she giggled "Im fine! Please, make yourself at home here, freshen up, take a stroll, anything you like."

"There is still one question I want to ask. Why were you on the other side of the Misty Mountains? Most elleths don't leave their city."

Elenlin sighed, many people diddnt understand. "I love to travell, vist all the wonderful places in Middle Earth. Its very hard for me to resist a good adventure when one comes knocking. I also find it very hard not to return to the friends I have made or their decendants afterwards. I guess it all started with my first trips to Lorien. The twins and I used to go toghether all the time."

Soon, they had started a nice discussion of all the places they had been, and didnt stop until Lord Elrond sent one of the staff in to tell them that dinner was being served.

(( Sharkbait-- I love details!! use as many as you want!! arwen-- your post was wonderful!! :love: ))

[Edited on 4/11/2005 by Aranel_Elenlin]
Tyrann
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2005 02:35
Melannen watched Elenlin as she was helped into a sitting position by Elrond. He smiled as he heard the maid complain.

"When can I get out of bed?" she said.

Elrond rolled his eyes. "Mabye sometime tonight. Until then, please try to rest, read a book, or something that you dont have time to do when you are travelling Middle Earth!"

And with that, Elrond exited the room, acknoledging me with a nod.

"You can stop worring now." giggled Elenlin "Im fine! Please, make yourself at home here, freshen up, take a stroll, anything you like."

"There is still one question I want to ask." stated Melannen "Why were you on the other side of the Misty Mountains? Most elleths don't leave their city."

Elenlin sighed, many people diddnt understand. "I love to travell, vist all the wonderful places in Middle Earth. Its very hard for me to resist a good adventure when one comes knocking. I also find it very hard not to return to the friends I have made or their decendants afterwards. I guess it all started with my first trips to Lorien. The twins and I used to go toghether all the time." she then sat up. "What about you?"

"Oh, as far as Ithilien in Gondor," replied Melannen. "I just came from there."

"Oh?" said Elenlin. "What was it for - fun, holidays, travel?"

Melannen stared distantly out the window. "War."

Elenlin looked startled. "War?" she exclaimed. "What was an elf doing all the way in Ithilien doing war?"

"I am Gandalf's companion," replied Melannen. "It was he who learnt that the Harad Corsairs were moving into Gondor. I was in Edoras at the time, and helped with the mobilisation of the troops." He sighed. "It was not pretty. We won, granted, but victory comes at a price."

Elenlin knew that this was a painful subject, so she changed her tack. "Where else have you been?" she asked.

"Minas Tirith, Lorien, Esgaroth, Erebor..." said Melannen. "Almost everywhere in Middle Earth, it seems. I do want to go to Dol Amroth though...maybe when I find the time."

Just then there was a knock on the door. A servant poked his head in.

"Dinner is served," he said.

Melannen nodded. "Thank you," he replied. "We will be down shortly."

Melannen then helped Elenlin out of bed. "I'm fine Melannen," she said.

"I'm not having you fall down suddenly," he warned. "Just bear with it."

Elenlin sighed in resignation as she allowed the tall elf to do his bidding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner was a lovely affair. Elenlin went to sit with her family, while Melannen chose to sit with Glorofindel, who had returned earlier.

"What news?" Melannen asked.

Glorofindel shook his head. "The mind boggles," he said. "I think that those uruks came from either Dol Guildur or Moria, but I don't know which. Moria's been shut up for ages, as has Guildur. I don't like it, either way." He nodded towards Elrond. "Evidently that isn't the only news. Apparently an elven maiden from Lorien has news, but I'll be blowed as to what it is. She's told Elrond, but not me."

Melannen shrugged. "Methinks we will find out at the right time," he said simply.

Glorofindel nodded. "I hope so," was all he said as he continued to eat.
Aranel_Elenlin
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 06, 2005 05:06
After a wonderful dinner with her family and friends, Elenlin adjourned with the rest to the Hall of Fire.

Supported by her twin "brothers", who had also just recently returned to Imaldris, she picked a spot next to one of the many fireplaces and invited Melannen to sit with her. Elrohir brought her some of her favorite pillows and a purple throw. It was so good to be home again, especially in the Hall.

The half Silvan elleth leaned over to her mysterious new companion "This is one of my favorite places in all of Middle Earth. The music and stories here are the best you will ever hear. The music most of all, we have many wonderful bards here."

Elenlin was saddened that she was not able to preform tonight. The curly haired elf had spent many nights singing for the numerous guest in her adoptive father's house.

She glanced around the hall. It was still the same as it always was, and she knew it would be, as long as Lord Elrond was here. She spotted an unfamiliar face across the room, an elleth with long golden hair and sparkling blue eyes. This must be the elleth from Lorien that Ada mentioned at dinner. We probably wont know why she is here until tomorrow, knowing my dear Ada. Elenlin would have normally gone up to her, but her wounds prevented her from moving much.

Elenlin thought the music and tales shared that night were exceptionally beautiful. She glanced over at Melannen to find him completely engrossed in the song that the bard was currently preforming. A soft smile lit across her face at the sight of him, for he looked very much like a young elfling at the moment.

When it was time to change performers, the half Noldor gave the Mirkwood ellon a nudge. "I would like to return to my room now. Could... Could you help me?"

The tall blond elf had been so careful with her on the way down, and to her relief was willing to do the same on the way up.

Yet when they reached her room, an idea struck the curly haired elleth, and her hazel eyes shown. "I would like to show you something, if you will help me get there."

"I dont mind." Melannen replied.

They walked down several hallways, and turned a few corners, and went up a few sets of stairs, before they came to a door that opened onto the rooftop.

"This isnt normally how I get here. I usually climb the large oak that stands beside my balcony, but for Ada's sake I have to break that tradition."

As they stepped out, she took a deep breath of the cool night air. The stars were shining like little diamonds on the black blanket of sky. Melannen eased her down onto a wooden bench set in the middle of the roof.

This was one of the few flat places on the roof of the Last Homely House, and Elrond had given it to Elenlin as her garden. Plants lined the sides of the roof, mostly night blooming flowers that filled the air with their sweet fragrance.

"This is one of the best places to watch the stars. Many are the nights that I have spent here thinking and dreaming. I come here as often as possible, and I just couldnt resist a clear night sky after being gone so long."

Elenlin then began to sing, her strong but elegant voice rose softly and slowly at first, but steadily grew louder. Her song was a praise to Elebreth for creating such marvelous gems to light the path of a traveler.

Her sweet alto voice quieted gently and held the last note as a soft breeze rustled the trees surrounding the roof.

She sighed and leaned back further onto the bench. Why, besides the fact she couldnt get here by herself yet, had she shown this place to a stranger? She looked back over at Melannen again, his eyes still held those impassible walls. It hurt Elenlin that one Elf had been through so much. Maybe he just needs someone to trust him, maybe he just needs a friend. Oh Illuvatar, You work in mysterious ways.

Just then Melannen interrupted her thoughts. "Where exactly have you been?" he asked

The elleth sighed again "Many, many places. Some of which I did not wish to go. The evil forces of this world are growing, there is no doubt in that. I have been held captive several times. By orcs, goblins, wargs, and even humans. That was hardest of all." Elenlin paused, the hurt still evident in her eyes. "Yet I dont let that stop me from visiting the places I have come to love. The dark forces may be growing, but there is always light, always hope. My brothers or friends were with me through those times, and we were able to pull through together."

Maybe if she was transparent with this strange ellon, then his bright blue eyes would be able to shine without hindrance. Yet, she did not like dwelling on dark times, so she changed the subject.

"You have also traveled quite a bit. Have you ever stopped by Rivendell before?"

((Im gonna have to leave the rest up to you Sharkbait, parents say its time for me to go..... hope this was ok!! )

[Edited on 7/11/2005 by Aranel_Elenlin]
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 07, 2005 07:10
((Hope its okay! Great posts everyone btw! ))

Mallenwen emerged through the forest into Imladris: the Hidden Valley. And hidden it certainly was! Trees lined all the borders, the shrubury twining up the many columns and pillars that lined the bridges and hallways. As she looked down she saw a very secluded bridge, a stream trickling underneath it and trees crowded around it. She sighed softly to herself as she looked about, taking in the scenery and absorbing the beauty of Rivendell. But Elissa, wasn't too happy about that. She whinied and pawed at the ground til she got her mistress' attention. "Be calm..." Mallenwen whispered to the horse smiling at it's actions before nudging it down the rock path towards the Last Homely House.

As she arrived in the courtyard, all around her was silent. She stopped her white stallion and graceful dismounted. She looked around curiously before leading her horse to the stables where she found a spare box and tied it up. Elissa neighed softly and nuzzled at Mallenwen's sleeve. She laughed and gently swatted the horse away, "Good girl...for getting me this far." She said, patting the horse's mane softly. "Here." The elleth found an apple in her pack and she gave it to the horse who whinied and chomped at the fruit appreciatively. Mallenwen simply laughed and left the stables quietly, shutting the door on her way out.

The first thing that hit her when she emerged in the main courtyard of the Last Homely House was just how silent and peaceful the elven haven was. With her heightened elven hearing she could hear faraway voices discussing something and the crackling of a fire in one of the rooms. She smiled lightly and made her way towards the house itself.

Mallenwen walked down the corridors in awe. This city was beautiful and very different to her home, Lorien. These elves lived amongst nature, just as she did, but the trees seemed to have curled up along the walkways and bridges, over time, protecting and shading the house from enemies. She was looking round curiously when she heard a voice, "Ah, Mallenwen!" She spun round and saw the figure of Lord Elrond, coming up the hallway towards her. She smiled, "Yes m'lord Elrond...Lady Galadriel has sent me, as you already know." He smiled and nodded, "Yes... she had informed me, prior to your arrival. Tomorrow there will be a small council in my council chambers and I should like you to inform me of the Lady of the Golden Wood's suspsicions, then." He said in a firm but welcoming voice. The blonde elleth smiled, "Yes...of course, Lord Elrond." She said, bowing her head out of respect. He laughed slightly to himself, "Now come... I have asked the servants to prepare a room for you. I am sure you will find it to your liking. Once you've seen it you may like to join us all for dinner tonight." He said, nodding. She smiled, "Le hannon, my Lord...I shall be there." She said and followed a servant which he had summoned to show her to her room.

Mallenwen enjoyed dinner very much. She had, had to change out of her riding clothes and into a suitable dress, but she had come prepared. After dinner everyone moved into the Hall of Fire for entertainment. She sat in the corner and glanced silently around the room. She saw Lord Elrond talking to someone quietly as the bard sung beautifully. The Lorien elf maiden sat back and enjoyed the music, the sound of the voices washing over her. She sighed quietly and looked around. She spotted a curly haired elleth across the room and smiled lightly at her before turning back to the music to listen to the beauty of the poetry.

The elleth applauded along with the many other elves as the bard finished the song. She smiled and glanced over to where the mysterious elleth had been, but she wasn't there anymore. 'She has probably retired to her room.' Mallenwen thought, sitting back happily. She too felt that she would like to return to her room. She got to her feet and slowly and quietly left the room just as the bard struck up another song. Closing the door carefully, shutting out the beautiful lyrics of the poem, she walked over the courtyard. She saw a bench and sat down on it. Many thoughts were flashing through her mind. Some of the council the next day. Others of the horrible vision her naneth had related to her which she needed to inform Lord Elrond of. Some were simply of the beauty of Rivendell. And the others were about her home, Lothlorien.

She sat back and gazed up at the stars. She saw one, beaming brightly and shining in the black night sky. She worked out which star it must be and smiled as she remembered the myth her adoptive mother had told her as a young elfling. As she looked up at the night sky, the wind whistled softly around her, creating a stillness that was only possible in Imladris...
Tyrann
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2005 04:40
lol these are sooo long Good to see some creativity!

Melannen stared wistfully into the night. He had heard Elenlin sing, and it pierced him hard. Never in his life had he heard someone sing so fair. He sighed.

Just then Melannen interrupted her thoughts. "Where exactly have you been?" he asked

The elleth sighed again "Many, many places. Some of which I did not wish to go. The evil forces of this world are growing, there is no doubt in that. I have been held captive several times. By orcs, goblins, wargs, and even humans. That was hardest of all." Elenlin paused, the hurt still evident in her eyes. "Yet I dont let that stop me from visiting the places I have come to love. The dark forces may be growing, but there is always light, always hope. My brothers or friends were with me through those times, and we were able to pull through together." she then stared at Melannen intently. "You have also traveled quite a bit. Have you ever stopped by Rivendell before?"

Melannen shook his head. "Never," he said. "Prior to my exile, I always stayed in Mirkwood. It is a beautiful place, mind."

Elenlin nodded wistfully. "Yes, it is," she whispered.

Just then, a servant popped his head round the corner. "Oh, there you are, Melannen," he said. "You are requested by Glorofindel of the utomost urgency."

Melannen nodded. "Very well," he said. He turned to Elenlin. "You'll be ok, won't you?"

Elenlin nodded. "Sure," she said. "My room isn't far from here."

"I will stay," offered the servant.

Melannen nodded. "So be it," he said as he rushed away.

"Ah there you are, Melannen," said Glorofindel. "I see that you have been captivated by the lovely elleth Elenlin."

Melannen rolled his eyes. "Glorofindel, please," he groaned. "None of that now."

Glorofindel grinned. Then his smile faded. "I have news," he said. "Evidently the eagles have been spying about the area. Rumours have come in that a great evil has arisen from Dol Guildur. However, this evil is not of Sauron nor of the Ringwraiths.This seems to be a new and sinister evil. That attack on Elenlin was probably no random attack. I believe that someone out there is trying to attack the elves."

"What about men?" asked Melannen.

"My guess is that Sauron was counting on the Haradarim to take care of that at Poros. That obvoiusly failed. However, I'm guessing that this evil does not want the elves to come to the aid of men or dwarves."

"Have you discussed this with Elrond?" I asked.

Glorofindel nodded. "Which brings us to the next subject," he said. "Elrond tomorrow is planning on a council. An elf from Lorien, Mallenwen by name, is planning on a meeting with Elrond. He has requested that you, me and Elenlin be there for this council. I think that there will be others, but I can't be sure."

Melannen nodded. "I'll be there," he said. He sighed. "We live in such uncertain times, don't we?"

Glorofindel nodded. "Why don't you mention this to Elenlin?" he suggested. "She is going to be part of this council after all..."

"I'll take care of it," said Melannen, as he strode out of the room.
Aranel_Elenlin
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 08, 2005 11:10
"Your father wants you in your room sometime tonight hiril nin." said the servant

"He knows that I can sleep out here just as good as I can in my bed. I dont see why I have to fuss with those stairs again." Elenlin sighed and rolled her eyes at the thought.

"Please hiril, you will recover faster if you are in your bed tonight."

"I still dont see how that will make a difference."

Just then Melannen stepped onto the roof. "She is right Elenlin." his amused look began to fade as he shared his next thought "Glorfindel also informed me of some very important news that I would like to share with you in private. Please come back inside with me."

"Oh, alright. You win. We can use the parlor next to my room." her curls bounced as she shook her head.

"So you're telling me that those orcs were there to attack any Elf that passed by? And that we aren't sure who is commanding them to do so?" inquired Elenlin

"Yes, you could say that." stated Melannen

"This is grave news. Even more so that they have picked spots between our three realms to attack." her hazel eyes filled with sadness

"Your father has requested that we attend a council tomorrow. Mallenwen, an elleth from Lorien, is here with news from Lady Galadriel."

"I saw her in the Hall tonight. She looked happy to be here, but not about why she was." she stopped her train of thought "Just who is going to be at this council? Did Glorfindel tell you?"

Melannen nodded. "The three of us and the elleth from Lorien. He said that their may be others also."

"Those others could be the twins and several other of Ada's counilors. Im almost positive my brothers will be there."

Melannen had been pacing the parlor, but stopped to look out the window. "It is getting late hiril nin. We should get some rest so we will be ready for the council tomorrow."

"Yes, I suppose you are right. Have you been given a room yet?"

"I have, and I think it is right through this door... yes, it is. Good night Elenlin. May you recover swiftly." he bowed and turned twards his room.

"Good night Melannen, I will meet you here for breakfast in the morning." she replied stiffly returning the bow.

She smiled as she exited the door on the opposite side of the room, using the furniture and walls to support her. It was just like the staff to put them so close together. Must have been Glorfindel, that crazy ellon.

The next morning the two met as planned in the adjoining parlor and walked down to breakfast. This time Elenlin could walk by herself, having healed tremendously with Elrond's medicines.

After a hardy breakfast, Elenlin grabbed Melannen and pulled him off to the side. "My brothers have aked you and Mellanwen to join us for a swim before the council this evening. We will pack a picnic luch and spend the day at the lake. Would you like to come?"
Tyrann
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2005 12:39
Hmmm, we seem to be putting this coucil thingy off!

Melannen woke up the next morning to a beautiful day. He yawned and streched mightily. He was unused to such finery, having slept outside for the better part of three years.

He slid out of bed and doused water over his face. Then he got dressed and strode out of the room, and nearly bumped into Elenlin.

He looked at her apprasingly. "I see that Elrond's medicenes have worked their wonders on you," he remarked.

"Very well, thank you," she agreed. "Shall we go to breakfast?"

Melannen rubbed his stomach. "My stomach says yes, so that means yes," he grinned. "Let's go!"

Melannen chose this time to sit with Elrond at breakfast. He still had a lot to learn about elven life as it were, and he believed that learning over breakfast would help. As he ate, Elrond and he started their lessons. Melannen was an apt pupil, and picked up things very quickly. Elrond smiled at the attentive pupil.

"If you keep on going like this," he remarked. "You will soon be as wise as either myself or Galadriel."

"Maybe not that wise, Lord Elrond," replied Melannen. "Noone can equal you in wisdom."

Just then Elenlin approached him, and pulled him aside. "My brothers have aked you and Mellanwen to join us for a swim before the council this evening. We will pack a picnic luch and spend the day at the lake. Would you like to come?"

Melannen shrugged. "Why not?" he said. "That is, if I have nothing more to learn today."

Elrond smiled. "You learn better with other elves," he said. "Go on, have a nice day."

As they walked to the great river of Rivendell, Melannen got to know Elenlin's boisterous brothers better.

"Ever been swimming, Melannen?" one of them asked.

"In my travels, one learns to swim," repiled Melannen.

The other brother grinned. "I'm sure that you can impress the ladies that way."

Melannen rolled his eyes :rolleyes:. "Be off with you," he said, as the brothers laughed. "I've no intention of impressing anyone." However, he couldn't help smiling. "If there is someone here to impress, it will be both of you when you are eating at my wake."

The brothers eyes went wide. "Are you asking for a challenge?" one of them asked.

"Without a doubt," replied Melannen.

The other grinned. "Ok then," he said. "We will start from where that willow is, swim to that waterfall and back."

Melannen judged the distance. "That's a fair way," he remarked. "Are you sure that you two are up to it?"

"Perfectly," they both said.

Melannen then gave a devilish grin. "You got yourselves a deal. Prepare to be amazed at the power of a wood elf!"

And so laughing, they reaced to their starting point.

(NB: - sry Aranel, I didn't know Elenlin's bro's names. I don't know whether you've named them in this RPG or not.)
Aranel_Elenlin
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 08, 2005 02:47
((oh, but we are the famous procrastinators!! plus we need some comic relief!! ))

Elenlin was very amused at the challenge.... she didnt think any of them knew what they were in for. She also found the fact that Melannen didnt adress her brothers by name pretty funny, but most people didnt so they wouldnt get the two mixed up. Elladan and Elrohir were very hard to tell apart, with only subtle differences between them.

Elenlin was very glad that she wore an extra shirt under her tunic on days like this. She slid out of the long sleeved garmet and dove into the cool water. The elleth laughed at the three ellons swimming as fast as they could to the other side of the lake, and prepared herself for their return. Her hazel eyes shone at the memories of crazy days here with the twins, and some of the pranks they liked to play.

Mellanwen was sitting on a rock with her feet dangeling in the cool water. Yet she wasnt watching the race, or anything else for that matter. Elenlin could easily see that her mind was filled with thoughts of the council to come.

"Please, join us. The water is wonderful, and in the many times I have been here, there have been no snakes." the curly haired elleth invited

The blonde elleth slid into the water with a warm smile on her face. "Thats good, though thats not what I was fearing."

"Yes Im sure, but let us wait till tonight to discuss that. Take this time to enjoy yourself, and relax after your journey." Elenlin inturrupted "I recently came from Lorien, I was stopped by to visit my grandmother and sister on the way home. Has anything changed in a week?"

"Not much, because as Im sure you know, Lorien is a very well gaurded realm. The only thing that has changed is what I bring to the council tonight."

"I see. I dont think that Lorien will ever change much, as long as I remember my grandparents have kept it a very secretive an self sufficiant place."

"Your grandparents?"

"Yes, well, I call them that for they treat me as their grandaughter. Lord Elrond adopted me when I was very young, and Celeborn and Galadriel have sort of done the same."

"Really?! Your grandparents have big hearts, for they took me in as their daughter when I was young also."

Elenlin giggled "So what would that make us? Some type of cousins?"

"I guess so!" laughed Mellanwen

Just then the three racers returned, all of them breathing hard. Yet before she could ask of the outcome, Elladan sent a small wave twards her.

Elenlin giggled and splashed back, and eventually there was a war of between the five of them, sending water everywhere.

The twins began their favorite game of "who is the strongest? well, the weaker one gets dunked!" when Elenlin felt herself being lifted out of the water. Melannen had grabbed her, and commenced to fliping her head over heals into the water.

"Oh you're gonna get it now!" she sputtered

"Oh really?" taunted the Mirkwood elf

"Really." And with that, she dove beneath the surface. She swam up behind the wood elf, and "carefully" grabbed his feet out from under him. Laughing, she poped back up and grinned at the glare she recieved from the ellon.

Just then Glorfindel walked up. "You really should try to keep the water IN the pond you know." he smirked

Elenlin gave a mischevious glance at Melannen, and an innocent one back to Glorfindel. To her delight, he nodded. So the sopping wet elleth began to make her way out of the water to the Elven Lord.

"Oh, come on Glorf! We were just having a little fun!" she said

"Well from the way it looks, it appears that you were trying to flood Imaldris!" teased Glorfindel

"And Im sure you have never splashed someone mellon nin?" asked Melannen

"That was when...." started the golden haired ellon, but he was never able to finish.

For as soon as his attention was on Mellannen, Elenlin kicked Glorfindel's knees and caught his shoulders firmly. This allowed the wood elf to grab the Noldor's feet and begin to carry him off to the edge of the pond.

Swinging the astounded ellon back and forth, Elenlin gave the count. "One... two.... THREE!!" and on three they sent Glorfindel flying into the water.

If looks could kill, the balrog slayer would have murdered them with the glare they recieved. Of course, they were both doubled over with uncontained mirth trying not to fall down, and when they saw the look on his face it only worsened.

((Ill let you pick up from here, O-Impatient-One!! ))

Tyrann
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2005 03:28
Ugggh....silly compy, as I was in the middle of typing this, it restarted on me Have to start again!

ok....

We arrived at the starting point, and hopped in. Melannen did some warm ups in the water, swinging and flexing his arms.

"Afraid of losing?" said Elrohir.

"Not on your life," bragged Melannen. "You'll be supping on my spray when this is done!"

"We'll see about that!" said Elladan. "Are you ready?"

We all nodded.

"GO!"

And with that, the elven brothers took off. Melannen, however, swam at a lesiurely pace, keeping up with the brothers but keeping behind them. The brothers were swimming hard towards the watefall.

"Finding it hard to keep up, are we?" yelled Elladan.

"No not really," Melannen yelled back. "I like a good swim."

The elven brothers led right to the waterfall. Hwever, when they turned around, it was a different story. Melannen turned on the power, and swam hard past the elven brothers. The two elves saw, this, and tried to keep the lead, but Melannen proved to be too fast for them and crossed the finish line first. He hopped out of the water with a big grin on his face as he looked at the two defeated elves.

"Never underestimate a wood-elf," he challenged.

"I don't think we will," said Elladan. "Say, why don't we get soemthing to drink? I'm puffed!"

"I agree!" said Melannen. "Let's go!"

And so they went off to find the others.

However, it turned out to be anything but a rest. Instead they all had a water fight.

Just then Glorfindel walked up. "You really should try to keep the water IN the pond you know." he smirked

Elenlin gave a mischevious glance at Melannen, and an innocent one back to Glorfindel. To her delight, he nodded. So the sopping wet elleth began to make her way out of the water to the Elven Lord.

"Oh, come on Glorf! We were just having a little fun!" she said

"Well from the way it looks, it appears that you were trying to flood Imaldris!" teased Glorfindel

"And Im sure you have never splashed someone mellon nin?" asked Melannen

"That was when...." started the golden haired ellon, but he was never able to finish.

For as soon as his attention was on Mellannen, Elenlin kicked Glorfindel's knees and caught his shoulders firmly. This allowed the wood elf to grab the Noldor's feet and begin to carry him off to the edge of the pond.

Swinging the astounded ellon back and forth, Elenlin gave the count. "One... two.... THREE!!" and on three they sent Glorfindel flying into the water.

If looks could kill, the balrog slayer would have murdered them with the glare they recieved. Of course, they were both doubled over with uncontained mirth trying not to fall down, and when they saw the look on his face it only worsened. Then Glorofindel shook his head in mock despair.

"Young elves," he muttered, rolling his eyes. He then pretended to walk back, but instead charged at Elenlin, and they both went straight into the water. Elenlin glared at Glorofindel.

"Why me?" she said.

"Melannen's too strong, as are your brothers," he said. "And Mellanwen's, erm, from Lorien, and so...ah...."

"You didn't have a reason did you?" she said as they both had a water fight.

Melannen sat down next to Mellanwen as they watched the antics of the two. "They are a crazy duo," he remarked.

Mellanwen smiled. "You aren't too far wrong," she replied. "By the way, my name's Mellanwen of Lorien."

"Melannen of Gondor, formerly Mirkwood," replied Melannen as the two shook hands.

"gondor?" said Mellanwen. "But that's the land of Men."

"I got crowned with an honour by Steward Turin," replied Melannen. "I am known there as Elven Prince of Ithilien there."

"Really?" asked Mellanwen. "That is interesting."

"It's a long story," shrugged Melannen.

"I am told that you know Gandalf," said Mellanwen, changing her tack.

Melannen nodded. "He and I are good friends," he said. "Gandalf has helped me in the past, and I feel honoured to be beside him and call him friend. Last time I looked, he was in Minas Tirith on some errand thing or other."

Mellanwen nodded. "Well the others are coming out now," she said. "Care for some lunch?"

"By all means," replied Melannen.

and so they went to join the others for lunch.
Aranel_Elenlin
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 08, 2005 05:56
et: poor Sharkbait!! :killcomp: ....there!! aaaallll better now!! :hug:

The party, now of six, headed up the bank to a nice sunny patch of grass. There, the blanket was spread and the basket opened. Lembas with cream, fresh fruit and vegetables, wild bore, and a picture of mirorvore were devoured in an amazingly short amount of time.

Elenlin stretched out on the blanket, letting the warm sun dry her soaked clothes and hair. "This was a wonderful idea 'Dan and 'Ro. It has been quite a while since we have been down here. Oh, now I remember why! Diddnt have to do with a certain tree incident?" Yet before she could say anything else, a firm hand covered her mouth.

"Its a long story." Elladan stated simply for the rest of the listeners.

"Oh, lets do hear it!" exlaimed Mellanwen

"I promise it shall be told tonight at dinner." said Elrohir "Yet, according to the sun, we should probably head back so we can be ready for the council on time."

"You are probably right." replied Melannen "Yet we will hold you to your promise!"

"It really is a good story! Even Lord Elrond got a kick out of it!" laughed Glorfindel

"He was also only two steps away from allowing us to return the last three weeks of summer." said Elenlin as she rolled her eyes

The laughing and teasing continued all the way back up to the Last Homely House when everyone departed to thier rooms to prepare for the upcomming council.

Elenlin bathed for the second time that day, just to make sure all the grass was off her. She reached into her closet and pulled out a a velvet red dress that she only wore on special occasions. Lord Elrond had always enforced a rule that required his children looked nice for important meetings.

The burnett elleth stepped onto her balcony and allowed the midday sun to dry her hair. Just then, there was a soft knock at her door.

"Come in!" she called

Melannen poked his head in the doorway. "I... erm, dont know where we are supposed to meet for this council. Could you... um, help me find your father's study?"

"Of course!" Elenlin smiled and led him down a few hallways until she reached her Elrond's private chambers.

The only Elf in the room at the time of their arrival was Lord Elrond, who was studying some old records. He stood, welcoming them into the room, and gestured twards two cairs directly across from his.

The room quickly filled. The twins sat on Elenlin's left and Mellanwen was on Melannen's right. Several of Rivendell's councilors were prestent as Elenlin had predicted. These included Erestor, and of course, Glorfindel.

The room quieted. The long awaited council was about to begin.

((mothers!!! :rolleyes: i was inturruped twice trying to write this!! first it was... "you need a 35 min break!" then it was... "you need to go to bed!!" so im being sneaky again!! ))
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 09, 2005 08:16
Mallenwen smiled as she watched the antics of the elves. It was a time what she should enjoy herself, get away from her life which revolved around war and terrible things. Though in the back of her mind, as they all ate lunch happily together, she was constantly aware of the lurking danger. Something ill was up ahead... she knew...and she knew that they would have to face it or risk the defeat of the elven realms.

The elleth bade everyone goodbye as she went down the long corridor towards her room. When she entered she quickly prepared a hot bath and soaked in it for a while, letting all her troubles be washed away as she sat back, her eyes closed. When she felt it was time to get out she quickly jumped out of the bath and put a loose cotton robe over her slim elven figure as she went back into her bedroom. Mallenwen opened the wardrobe where she had placed all her clothes upon her arrival, and picked out one of her more beautiful dresses. This was after all, quite an important event and while she despised 'pretty, girly' dresses, she knew she had to make the right impression or she would never be respected by anyone at the council. So she dressed in the dark blue velvet gown and carefully slipped her feet into her shoes. Then after checking she looked presentable, she opened the door to her room and left for the council.

She knocked on the door and entered after the instruction to do so, given my Lord Elrond. She noticed that quite a few people were there already and she took the seat which Elrond pointed out to her. Mallewen glanced over at Melannen who was to the left of her and smiled lightly at him. She watched as all the councillors and important elves arrived and then all fell quiet as the council began. She focused her attention on only what Lord Elrond had to say when he began to speak to all of them.
Tyrann
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2005 12:33
Down to me now....lol :rolleyes:

Melannen wandered back into his room, happy that he was able to smile again after all that time. He hadn't enjoyed himself since he had been in Rohan, with the King's sons. He whisteld a merry tune as he wandered back into his room and prepared for this council. He had a shower, still unused to lounging around in baths and also wanting to try out the new bating system from brainy elven inventors, and felt much better. He tehn saw on the chair nearby some royal elven clothing. Melannen was fascinated by the beauty of the clothing - it looked fit for an elven prince.

Just like my position at Ithilien, he thought happily. He wondered if he would ever go back there. He then buckled on his sword and bow, and checked his hidden long knives. He knew that he wasn't going to need those weeapons, but he felt safer with them on. He then looked critically at himself in the mirror nearby. He wanted to be sure that he wasn't looking like a total barbarian.

"Yeah, it'll do," he muttered to himself. He then walked out the door, only to realise that he hadn't the foggiest of where to go! He then storde to Elenlin's room and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" she called

Melannen poked his head in the doorway. "I... erm, dont know where we are supposed to meet for this council. Could you... um, help me find your father's study?"

"Of course!" Elenlin smiled and led him down a few hallways until she reached her Elrond's private chambers.

The room then started to fill with elves. Melannen sat down between Elenlin and Elrohir. He glanced over at Mallenwen and winked at her. She smiled in return.

Elrond then coughed politely. The Council was about to begin.

(NB sry guys that I can't continue - gotta rush to class!:rolleyes
Aranel_Elenlin
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 10, 2005 04:03
hope this turns out like yall want it

Lord Elrond began "My friends, we meet today under very grave circumstances. This council may decide the fate of the entire Elven race. Lady Galadriel and I have 'spoken' again, and she has confirmed my fears. Nenya has been stolen."

"What? How?" almost everyone exlaimed at the same time.

"Galadriel saw in the mirror a Dark Elf weilding the ring. We believe his hideout to be near the very spot where Elenlin was attacked. This ellon is clearly out for revenge, for he has employed Orcs to do his bidding. Yet, his revenge is not on Dwarves or Men, it is focused on his own people. We are not sure how he managed to aquire Nenya, but we are certain he did." replied the Elven lord

"Who is this Elf and why would he want to hurt his own people? Ada, what is going on? Were those his orcs that attacked me?" Elenlin asked worridly

"Yes I am afraid they were. Yet before I answer your other questions, I believe Mellanwen has something to say." said the wise ellon

(ok guys, its all yours from here... how bout arwen tackle the part involving the vision, and Sharkbait tell us about the Dark Elf and his motives. sound good?? yeay for teamwork!! )
Tyrann
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2005 06:30
That sounds great! I love teamwork too...

Melannen was stunned by the news. Nenya gone? So that's what this was all about! This was the reason for all those sneaky talks and whatnot.

"The Dark one," he whispered quietly, when the cries of outrage calmed down.

Elenlin looked oddly at Melannen. "The Dark One?" she asked.

Elrond overherd that remark. "Elenlin, what did you just say?" he asked.

"I overheard Melannen say something about a Dark One," she said.

Suddenly the Council was interested. Elrond looked to Melannen.

"Tell us more about this dark one," he said.

Melannen stood up. "It is more stories than anything else," he said. "But judging by this news, it may be reality."

Elrond nodded. "Go on," he said.

"Gandalf had heard about this dark elf from Folcwine of Rohan," continued Melannen. "It was said that he was in league with the wild men of Dunland. However, I don't know whether that is true or not. Folcwine also suggested that he stirred up the Haradarim to attack Gondor. That sounds very accurate to me. Herumor may be strong, but he needs to be incited in order to attack."

"Which then led to the Battle of Poros," concluded Glorofindel. "The pieces are filling in. But why? Is he in league with the Necromancer as well?"

"It could be possible," said Melannen. "However, Gandalf has mentioned that Sauron is still brooding at the moment, and the Nazgul have gone quiet since the fall of Minas Ithil." He then turned to Elrond. "This elf was said to have dark hair, and wore dark clothes, as well as bearing a black sword. Do you know about this elf?"

Elrond shook his head. "Nay," he said. "However, since it was Nenya that was stolen, I believe that those from Lorien may know about this elf."

He then turned to Mellanwen. "Do you know of this elf?" he asked. "Was he in your vision?"

Hope this helps!
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 11, 2005 06:06
Mallenwen sat there as they all discussed the matter. She had knew to some extent the news but it shocked her as the pieces fell into place. "Do you know of this elf?" Elrond asked. "Was he in your vision?" All eyes were now on Mallewen. She looked round at everyone's faces and nodded slightly, "Yes..." She paused, "At least... that is how I interpretted it. My mother, Lady Galadriel, had a very strange vision not too long ago. She relayed it to me and it was strange... ambigious perhaps...but we worked out the meaning." She confirmed, speaking firmly and clearly, "In the vision... the sky was dark, as dark as the feather of a raven... but there was a light, shimmering in the distance, faint yet still there. It grew stronger...and stronger, but then suddenly the darkness covered it and quenched its light. Then there was fire... roaring flames...uncontrolable and they destroyed the woods...the woods of Lothlorien..."

She stopped as everyone processed this information and many gasped in surprise, "And Imladris..." She began again, shaking her head, "It was not safe anymore. No longer the Hidden Valley. It was destroyed and screams and shouts could be heard all through the woods." The elleth said grimly, "And as the vision became cloudy the last image was of an elf, tall...dark...menacing. He stood upon a hill, looking towards the ruined Rivendell. And he smiled...at his success." She flicked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. "This elf...whoever he is...he wants Nenya for one purpose only. To destory our race. And if he is indeed in the league with the Dark Lord then... it is bad, very bad. Nenya, Ring of Adamant keeps Lothlorien safe, as you all may know, but without it, the elves there will fade...and it will no longer be a safe place. If this elf has Nenya then... it must be reclaim it, before it is too late..." Mallenwen finished with a glint of sadness in her eyes. She sat back and allowed everyone to take this news into account.

((I tried my best, I am not the best public speaker either so I tried. If this isn't what you intended then please let me know
Aranel_Elenlin
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 11, 2005 12:23
Elenlin was almost brought to tears when she heard Mellanwen's vision. It broke her heart to think of the Elven realms being lost forever. She also knew that if indeed this Dark Elf reached Imaldris, it would be her family who suffered the most.

The half Noldor was very glad that her father trusted Melannen with the information about Nenya's keeper. She knew that it was something not many knew about. Elenlin also knew of something that was even less known of that could be uncovered if this elf was not stopped. It was the secret of Vilya, a secret that her family here held with great care.

She watched her father, who had been momentarily in shock like the rest of them, stride over to a stack of books on his desk.

"Thank you both for sharing. What you have said has reminded me of some old records. I had almost forgotten this, for it has been so long, but I believe I know who this elf is." said Lord Elrond as he began to rapidly flip the pages in the huge tome.

A soft breeze blew through the windows of the room, fluttering the pages of the thick book. Elenlin had seen the ring of air at work before so she could now see the saphire ring glowing slightly on her fathers hand, helping him to search for the answers.

"Ah, here it is. If I am correct, this elf's name is Mortathar. He once dwelt in Lorien, but was banished for stealing. My records say that he had envied one of his neighbor's jewels and was caught taking it. He became bitter, and Mortathar was only in banishment for three years when he returned to Lorien and killed the elf that reported him. Because of this he was disowned by the elven race and was sent to dwell in the wilds. Many thought that he had died long ago."

Elenlin felt her chair shakeing, and looked over at Melannen. The poor thing was trembeling, but why? It struck the half Silvan that Melannen had also been banished from his realm. His blue eyes were rivited to the floor so the curly haired elleth was able to look deep into them without being noticed. What she saw almost surprised her. Pain... and fear?

Elenlin gently placed her hand on Melannens forearm, hopeing to comfort him. Even though she had only spent less than two days with the blonde ellon, she could tell that he had a good soul and a kind spirit, he was nothing like this Dark Elf and would never be. The hazel eyed elleth was relieved when the Silvan Elf finally stopped shakeing, she had unconsiously began to rub small soft circles on his arm trying to calm him down.

Lord Elrond continued "Mellanwen, Elenlin, and Melannen; it is up to you three to stop Mellanwen's vision from comming to pass. Take the rest of the day to rest and explore, for you will need to leave tomorrow morning. Glorfindel, they will need you to head up a second party to take a different route and divide Mortathar's attention. If all are in agreement, we will cary out this plan."

Everyone agreed so Elrond dismissed them.

"My three travelers, could you please wait here for a minute?" the Elven lord asked.

He turned to each in turn and instructed them specifically.
"Elenlin, my daughter, I know you have a compassionate spirit. Yet, this time it will not be wise to try and turn Mortathar around. He will NOT listen. Do you understand me?"

"Yes Ada, I do." Elenlin sighed

"Good. I will need you two to hold her to that. Melannen I need you to remember our lessons from this morning, they will be helpful on this journey. Mellanwen, when the three of you retrieve Nenya, I need you to take it back to Lorien. I am sure these two will come with you.”

They all nodded their agreement and left Elrond’s study.

((Mortathar means "black willow" i hope that his story was ok!! have fun decieing what we do/where we go for the evening! ))
Tyrann
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2005 01:25
Good posts you two! We're not procrastinating, anyway

Melannen had heard the vision from Mellanwen. It shook him to the core. This dark elf, whoever he was, was like him in many ways, an exile, a bloodthirsty brute and someone who despised his race. The only difference with the last point was that Melannen had only just been saved from his madness, and no longer hated the elves. This elf, however, had not listened, and had gone his own way. He shook violently as Elrond announced the history of this elf. Mortathar - Black Willow. Elenlin soothed him down by placing a hand on his arm. It made him feel better, to say to the least.

After Elrond had outlined the plan, and everyone was dismissed, Melannen wandered through the gardens of Rivendell, a lost elf. This revelation had affected him badly. It shook him to the fact that he had almost turned out to be a Dark Elf. And if that happened...

His thoughts were interrupted by a movement beside him. It was Elenlin.

"You look troubled," she said. "What is the matter?"

Melannen looked to the ground. "Would it affect you if I said that I was almost a Dark Elf?"

Elenlin looked couriously at him. "What are you saying?" she whispered in disbelief.

Melannen looked up at her. "You know that I was banished from the Wood Elves realm," he said. "After that happened, I spent three years in the wild of Mirkwood. I learned to hate elves with a passion. Yet the Orcs were my enemy too, so my mind was confused during that time. I slew orcs, spiders and wargs, but no elves. My hatred just smouldered, waiting for the right time to pounce. And if I had pounced, I would have been no better than this Dark Elf. I was a barbarian. What I did kill, I left the evidence of something gory and brutual behind.

"But you were saved," said Elenlin. "You have been given a second chance at this."

Melannen nodded. "I hope so," he said quietly. "It will be time to right my wrongs then."

Elenlin got up "We leave tommorow," she said. "Look to your weapons, and look to yourself too."

And so she departed, leaving Melannen staring alone around the elven city.
Aranel_Elenlin
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 13, 2005 10:29
After grabbing a quick snack from the kitchen pantry Elenlin decided to take a stroll through the gardens of her beloved home. She walked alone, absorbing the the beauty of the gardens wile lost in thought. Thoughts of her family, the many memories she had here, and how disasterous it would be to loose everything that was around her. This was one mission from her father that hit her heart hard. In her mind there was no way in Arda that this Dark Elf was going to take this place away from her and the rest of Middle Earth.

She turned another corner on the garden path, and so lost in thought was she, that she almost diddnt see Melannen sitting quietly on a bench also lost in thought. Dispare radiated from his deep blue eyes and confusion was on his brow.

"You look troubled," she said. "What is the matter?"

Melannen looked to the ground. "Would it affect you if I said that I was almost a Dark Elf?"

Elenlin looked couriously at him. "What are you saying?" she whispered in disbelief.

Melannen looked up at her. "You know that I was banished from the Wood Elves realm," he said. "After that happened, I spent three years in the wild of Mirkwood. I learned to hate elves with a passion. Yet the Orcs were my enemy too, so my mind was confused during that time. I slew orcs, spiders and wargs, but no elves. My hatred just smouldered, waiting for the right time to pounce. And if I had pounced, I would have been no better than this Dark Elf. I was a barbarian. What I did kill, I left the evidence of something gory and brutual behind.

"But you were saved," said Elenlin. "You have been given a second chance at this."

Melannen nodded. "I hope so," he said quietly. "It will be time to right my wrongs then."

Elenlin got up "We leave tommorow," she said. "Look to your weapons, and look to yourself too."

Her heart ached for Melannen. How could someone bear the scorn of his own race? Elenlin wanted to help him so badly, but she needed to clear her own mind first. The flood of emotions that were flowing through her was just too much to handle all at once.

The half Noldor went to her room and began packing for her next adventure. While refilling her packages of herbs and medicines a familiar tune popped into her head. Unable to stop herself she began to sing:

Memory warns you of the past
When it all went wrong

When you think your life is shattered
And there's no way to be fixed again
Love heals your heart
At a time you least expected
You're alive like you have never been
Love heals your heart

Everybody has a wall to climb
That was built to gaurd the pain that holds them captive
Every smile that they would hide behind
Will try to mask the hurt beneath the surface

Sometimes its hard to understand
How we're trapped inside

When you think your life is shattered
And there's no way to be fixed again
Love heals your heart
At a time you least expected
You're alive like you have never been
Love heals your heart

What she didnt realize was that the doors to her balcony were open, and the gardens were right below it. Melannen overheard her song, and curious, climbed the large oak next to her balcony. Her mind focused on packing, Elenlin didnt see or hear him climb up. He leaped onto the balcony and waited for her song to end. Elenlin was removing a single arrow from her quiver and placing it into a case that she kept on her wall.

"You have quite a collection there. Are they all from different places?" inquired the blonde ellon

Elenlin jumped, surprised that someone besides her brothers used the tree. "Yes, and each one holds a differnent story. Its a little hobby I picked up a while back."

Melannen had obviously been thinking some more for he quickly switched subjects. "Do you really believe that I can change?" the Mirkwood elf asked while gazing at the floor.

Elenlin took his face in her hand and forced him to look at her. Her hazel eyes locked on the blue ones that stared back as she began, "Mellon nin, you have already started walking a different path. If you were still filled with hatred you would have left me to die at the hands of those orcs. But you diddnt. You saved me, brought me home, and even made sure that I diddnt further injur myself. You are already changing. Melannen, you have not only earned the trust of Gandalf, Glorfindel, and Ada, but mine as well. I promise that we will help you get through this; you are not alone."

"Thank you." Melannen said sincerely

Elenlin could tell that he meant it from the bottom of his heart. She smiled softly and asked him, "Could you go over those herbs for me and make sure they are all refilled? I wouldnt want to need one of them and not have it avialable." He agreed and began to check through the assortment of pouches and bottles.

While Melannen was doing that, Elenlin began to check over her weapons. She made sure Dagnirloth's string was taunt, Gilross and Tauremir were sharp, and that Lornar slid easily from its sheath.

There were only two or three packages that Elenlin had forgotten to refill and her weapons were in pretty good condition, so there wasnt much she had to do before she was free for the rest of the evening. After a short discussion about the time and place of their departure the next morning, Melannen left for his room to prepare his own things.

As she finished folding a few sets of clothes she wondered about what Melanwen was doing, and what the rest of the night and the next day would bring.

(( hopesss you likesss!! i just couldnt leave poor Melannen there like that!! :sob: :hug: i really dont care if we do some more stuff "tonight" or go ahead to "tomorrow" and our adventure.... whatever yall fell like!! ))
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 13, 2005 11:20
Mallenwen strolled down the hallway, getting ready to pack. She saw no harm in being prepared so she thought she had best get it done then! She opened the door and went straight over to where her clothes were stored. She began to carefully fold those which she would need and put aside those which she would not. The elleth bundled them all into her pack along with various other necessitaries. She carefully placed the wafers of lembas, that she always carried with her on her journies, on top of the clothes and then found her flask and placed it in her pack also. (She would fill it up before they left the next day) Then Mallenwen checked her weapons, running her hands along her Lothlorien bow and checking her quiver for arrows. When she saw all that was sorted she went over to the dressing table where, rather than some jewellery as most elf maidens had, a few daggers and knives were all lined up.

She fingered the first one, a hunting knife that had both pratical use and use in battle if all her other weapons were gone. She placed it back on the table and then looked at the one next to it. It was longer in shape and curved. An elvish blade that was given to her as a gift from Haldir. Apparently he had thought that she needed to concentrate on one-to-one, close-range contact so that was his gift. Mallenwen smiled broadly now as she thought of Haldir, and their friendship. It was good to have someone to pratice archery with and dagger skills. She smiled even more to herself as she placed the knife back and picked up her sword. She gripped the hilt tightly and practiced a few spins and twirls as she moved around the room. Then she laughed and placed the sword in her scabbard before moving over to the door and leaving the room. She could do with some fresh air and the night sky looked so beautiful on that night.
Tyrann
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2005 11:42
Melannen stared at the ground reflectively, mulling over what Elenlin had said to him. He wondered whether he could truly change from his terrible ways, the ways that had haunted him for three years. He looked up again and sighed. He did not want to become a Dark Elf. He wanted to trust and befriend his own people again. But how?

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of singing. Melannen looked up to the source of the sound, and found that it came from Elenlin’s room. He saw also that a tree grew right up to her balcony. He got up and climbed the tree, climbing from branch to branch with agility and ease. He saw Elenlin packing, singing as she did so. Hopping out of the tree, Melannen landed softly on the balcony, and waited until she had stopped.

"You have quite a collection there. Are they all from different places?" he inquired

Elenlin jumped in surprise. "Yes, and each one holds a differnent story. Its a little hobby I picked up a while back."

Melannen had obviously been thinking some more for he quickly switched subjects. "Do you really believe that I can change?" the Mirkwood elf asked while gazing at the floor.

Elenlin took his face in her hand and forced him to look at her. Her hazel eyes locked on the blue ones that stared back as she began, "Mellon nin, you have already started walking a different path. If you were still filled with hatred you would have left me to die at the hands of those orcs. But you diddnt. You saved me, brought me home, and even made sure that I diddnt further injur myself. You are already changing. Melannen, you have not only earned the trust of Gandalf, Glorfindel, and Ada, but mine as well. I promise that we will help you get through this; you are not alone."

"Thank you." Melannen said sincerely

Elenlin could tell that he meant it from the bottom of his heart. She smiled softly and asked him, "Could you go over those herbs for me and make sure they are all refilled? I wouldnt want to need one of them and not have it avialable." He agreed and began to check through the assortment of pouches and bottles. Once he had done so, he then bowed to Elenlin in farewell, and exited her room.

Melannen then made for his own room. He decided that he should do a bit of packing, although there weren’t really many belongings that he could take. Just a few wafers of lembas, some water and his weapons were all that he needed. He took off his sword belt and quiver, and took off belts that would normally be hidden to the eye. He lay all of his weapons on the bed. His weapons consisted of the mighty sword Orcrist, given to him by Galadriel scarcely a few months ago. There was also a bow and a quiver full of arrows, likewise given to him by the Lady of Lorien. But the long knives, which he kept hidden, were pure Wood elf knives. He checked his weaponry carefully – making sure that they were sharpened and ready for battle. When he was satisfied, he decided to go out and take one last wander of Rivendell. He gathered his weapons together and strode out into the cool night air.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He strode purposefully, meaning to just look around at this beautiful place one last time. He wondered whether he would return to this place of beauty one day. He was still thinking of this when he rounded the corner and ran straight into Mallenwen.

“Sorry!” he said. “I didn’t see you!”

“That’s ok,” she said. “I was just going out for some fresh air.”

“Mind if I join you?” asked Melannen.

“Sure,” she said. “Walk with me.”

They strolled around the gardens of Rivendell, each lost in their own thoughts. After a while Mallenwen spoke.

“I have noticed that you bear the sword Orcrist,” she said. “It must have been a kingly gift.”

Melannen nodded. “Aye,” he said. “It was given to me by the Lady Galadriel herself – a parting gift, you might say.”

Mallenwen nodded. “I heard about you,” she said. “Well, not about you specifically, but about a troubled and wild elf that gained this sword.” She looked at Melannen curiously. “You do not need to tell me about your wild adventures, I do not wish to know. All I ask is how you changed from being that elf.”

Melannen looked downward. “I looked into the mirror,” he said at last. “I saw…things that made me change my ways. In the mirror, I saw elves that had done disgraceful things. One murdered his own people and stole their ships. Another was consumed by lust for another elf who did not love him back. A third lived as an outlaw – always in darkness, he was. And two more stole precious jewels, and paid for their greed.” Melannen then looked steadily at Mallenwen. “I can name those elves easily – Fëanor, Maeglin, Eöl, Maedhros and Maglor. After I had seen that vision, Galadriel told me that if I continued my ways in the wild, I would become like one of them – only worse.”

“Like the Dark Elf,” murmured Mallenwen softly.

Melannen sighed. “I do not want to turn out like him,” he said. “That is my main fear. All I want to be is to help my kind once more, and gain honour and respect for doing so. But I don’t know whether I can achieve this.”

Mallenwen laid a hand on Melannen’s shoulder. “Do not doubt yourself, Melannen,” she said. “You saved Elenlin from those orcs. You helped the race of Men, and for that, you are respected in Gondor and Rohan. I believe that in this quest, you will help the race of elves, and gain that respect that you desire.”

Melannen nodded. “I hope so,” he said. He then looked steadily at the elleth. “For through this quest, if I will redeem myself, I will. As long as I shall go with you and Elenlin, I shall protect you both.”

Mallenwen smiled. “See?” she said. “You’re getting better already!” Then she looked back to Rivendell. “I think we should be getting back,” she said. “We’ve all got a big day tomorrow.”

Melannen nodded as they started to go their separate ways. “Be well, Mallenwen,” he said.

“Be well, Melannen,” she replied, as they both walked back to their rooms.
Aranel_Elenlin
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 15, 2005 01:56
Elenlin decided to change into more comfortable clothes after she was satisfied with her packing. She slipped into a dark green tunic and brown leggings, and grabbed something off of her dresser.

The burnett elleth then began to make her way downstairs, for she had promised to meet someone very special. As soon as her feet touched the last stair, a small bundle full of joy threw itself at her.

"My how you have grown! Estel is that really you?" asked Elenlin

The young human child bounced up and down excitedly. "Yes silly! Its still me! Look Lin I'm almost as tall as Dan and Ro!"

Elenlin found it very hard too keep a straight face. How she loved the new addition to Lord Elrond's family! Estel was always so full of love and joy, the elleth almost thought that he was going to explode if he was not occupied at all times.

"That you are! It wont be long now will it? How old are you agan?"

"Im six!" he said holding up his fingers.

"My, you are getting old! Since you are getting so big, I thought that you might like a birthday present for a big boy!" said the half Noldor as she took her hand from behind her back.

The small human child beamed with excitement when he saw the pair of Ranger gloves that the Elf had for him. "Thank you sooooooooo much Lin!!" he cried as he once again threw himself at the elleth.

"Here, put them on." she smiled, "They are adjustable, so you can still wear them when you get as big as Dan and Ro." She showed Estel how to do this, and grabed him off the floor. She held him so that they could see eye to eye. "Now you be a good boy while Im gone. Im sorry that I missed your birthday. I promise that I will make it up when I get back. How bout another trip to the falls? Is that ok?"

"Of course it is!" said Estel as he wrapped his arms around her neck. Elenlin kissed him on the forehead and sent him off to bed before headding off to the library.

Having thoroughly explored Rivindell's huge library in former years, the elleth easily found what she was looking for. She curled up in an overstuffed chair and dove dove into her readings. She was so focused that she didnt notice someone else enter the room.

"That's strange; I fully expected you to be reading one of those novels again."

Elenlin jerked her head up to look at the Elf that stood before her. "I just thought I would be prepared for our journey tomorrow."

"I see." replied Lord Elrond as he went threw her stack of books. "So that is why you have my books on Dark Elves and Rings of Power. And what have we here? 'The History and Events Involving the Realm of Mirkwood' ?"

"Yes Ada, I remembered bringing this back for you, and thought it might tell me more about how to help Melannen. I will admit, if I was not going on this quest tomorrow, these books would be EXTREMELY boring!"

Elrond laughed and shook his head at his adopted daughter. "Meleth nin, it is time you put those 'boring' books down and got some rest. Not only did you have a busy day today, you have quite a big one tomorrow as well."

Elenlin sighed, "I didnt find anything yet Ada! Just 30 more minutes?" Elrond gave her one of those glares that said "now!" so Elenlin consented. "Yes Ada. Good night."

"Good night Elen. Sleep well."

The next morning Elenlin awoke to the sun streaming through her window. Today was the day.
Tyrann
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2005 04:31
Yes...today is the day

Melannen woke up to see sunlight streaming in his window. He knew that today was the day of departure. He was sorry that he had to leave this beautiful place, but was eager for adventure at the same time.

Rising and dressing quickly, Melannen then looked to his weapons - his two long knives, Orcrist, and his bow. When he was satisfied, he walked down to the council room.

"Morning, Melannen," greeted Elrond. "I see that you are ready."

Melannen nodded. "Ready to give my all in this quest - for the respect of elves and for the safety of Middle Earth."

Elrond nodded. "Well, the others aren't up yet, so break fast with me."

"I'd be delighted," said Melannen.

The other two elves got up a little later. After breaking their fast, we stood in front of Elrond.

"Remember what you have to do," he said. "Let it be known that no bond or oath binds you to this quest - you do not have to see it to the end. However, despite that, may I remind you that the fate of all elvenkind rests in your hands. Do not fail us. May the wishes of all elves go with you."

The trio then bowed and then set off onto this new adventure.

As soon as they were out of Rivendell, Melannen looked at the other two travellers.

"Ok, where should we go first?" he asked.

"I propse that we go to the woods of Lorien," said Mallenwen. "Maybe Galadriel may know what happened, and may give some insight in this quest"

"I agree," said Elenlin.

Melannen nodded. "So be it" he said
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 16, 2005 09:05
After Melannen bid her goodnight she went to her room and closed the door. Grateful for the conversation with Melannen she looked out of the window. The view showed the Hidden Valley in all it's glory: just a few hours before dawn. She smiled as she looked out at the view and then laid herself down to sleep.

The next morning Mallenwen awoke to the sound of the whispering wind, whistling through the open window. Her eyes fluttered open and she rose out of bed, looking around the room. "Today's the day..." She muttered softly to herself, going over to the closet and changing her clothes into something more appropriate for her travels. ((Is her choice of clothes ok? She could still fight in a dress I think. It's like what Arwen wears in the Black Rider chase sequence, I figured. That ok?)) She picked out a dress and changed into it quickly. She drew her hair into a tight braid and fastened it securely, out of the way of her face. Then the elleth went over to a small stool and sat on it as she fastened up her strong leather riding boots. She checked her elvish dagger and slipped it into her boot safely, for quick reassurance and then put her sword pack into it's scabbard on her elvish belt. She pulled the fastening tight and then put her hunting knife into a small compartment on her bag before gathering her pack and leaving the room.

After a quick breakfast of lembas she stood before Lord Elrond, Melannen and Elenlin standing beside her.
"Remember what you have to do," he said. "Let it be known that no bond or oath binds you to this quest - you do not have to see it to the end. However, despite that, may I remind you that the fate of all elvenkind rests in your hands. Do not fail us. May the wishes of all elves go with you." She nodded and bowed respectfully, following the two other elves towards the stables. ((I am assuming they are riding on their horses? If not let me know and I'll have to edit.))

Mallenwen flicked a loose strand of her fair hair behind her elven ear as she saddled up Elissa. As she looked around she saw her two companions waiting for her. She smiled, "Well lets go then!" She said firmly, hoisting herself up onto Elissa's back where she picked up the reins and grasped them tightly. "Ride on, Elissa...ride on..." She whispered softly to the horse, and nudged it to the left and out of the stables, onto the path that led out of Rivendell.

Melannen looked at the other two travellers. "Ok, where should we go first?" He asked, slowing his horse slightly as he spoke. Mallenwen spoke up, "I propose that we go to the woods of Lorien. Maybe Galadriel may know what happened, and may give some insight in this quest" She said, looking at them both as she spoke. She urged her stallion into a fast gallop and looked back, checking that Melannen and Elenlin were following behind her...

Tyrann
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2005 03:55
No need for editing arwen...it's all good! I think Arwen did fight in a dress...

They rode swiftly across the plains of Hollin, eager to get to Lorien. Mellanwen knew the way best, and so took the lead. She outlined her plan as they rode.

"I know of a route just north of Moria," she said. "It's mostly secret, and it will ease travelling through the Misty Mountains for days. It then leads to the Gladden River. From there, we turn south to Lorien."

"Sounds simple," remarked Elenlin. "I wish that I took that route on the way to Rivendell."

"I think that it was for the best," cut in Melannen. "If you hadn't met those orcs there, Rivendell would more than likely be swarmed with the filth."

Elenlin cocked her head in thought. "I suppose I didn't think of that," she admitted. "But I had to sacrifice a lot to help the elves of this certain danger."

Melannen shrugged. "Sometimes it just ends up like that," he said. "We can't stop these things happening."

Just then, Mellanwen put up a hand, cautioning us to silence. "What's that?" she asked.

At first, neither Melannen nor Elenlin could hear the sound. Then they heard a soft drumming in the distance. Melannen qucikly dismounted and put his ear to the ground. He swore.

"By the tears of Nienna," he said. "It's an army! About forty solders, methinks." He remounted. "They're headed this way. We've gotta get out of here!"

Neither of them disagreed. Spurring their mounts forward, they galloped off, Mallenwen leading the way. Elenlin looked out to the horizion, and saw the army coming.

"They're coming," she hissed sharply.

"Over here!" cried Mallenwen. "A cave big enough for us and our horses!"

"Hide!" cried Melannen.

They quickly jumped into the cave, which thankfully had bushes at its entrance so as to hide its front. As soon as they were hidden from sight, they peeped out from the brambles.

Sure enough, it was a small orc army. They were marching straight north, with all manner of weapons of war strapped to them. But it was their leader that intrigued them. It was cloaked in a shroud of black. The face then turned to where they were hiding. Elenlin gasped in fright. Melannen growled.

"A Dark Knight!" he muttered. "Servants of the Dark Elf!"

The Dark Knight then paid them no heed, and continued to march with the rest to make war on the north.

As soon as the small army was out of sight, Mallenwen jumped out. "We need to hurry," she said. "To horse!"

We all then galloped our way to the small pass as quickly as possible.
Aranel_Elenlin
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 16, 2005 06:53
Oh no! thought Elenlin They are headding right for Glorfindel! ...and my brothers! I sure hope they are ready!

Hundreds of thoughts were flooding her mind all at once, but the majority of them were fears for the twins. She didnt know why she was so worried, they were very experienced and well trainded warriors, very capable of taking care of themselves.

I wish that we didnt have to go to Lorien, I would much rather be fighting beside Elladan and Elrohir! she sighed No, I was given this task, and I must go through with it. Illuvatr be with us!

They galloped on at full speed, wishing to put as much distance as possible between them and the advancing army. After what felt like hours, they finally reached the Gladden Fields.

Elenlin passed around a bottle of mirouvor, and all of them took a long drought. She was very glad that she had grabbed a few flasks from the kitchen that morning. She then remembered the honey cakes she had sneaked from the pantry when the chef wasnt looking. Hopeing to revive them a little more, she threw everyone one of the fluffy Beorning treats.

"With the size of that army, I fear we may have to ask the Elves of Lorien to send a war party out as soon as we arrive. Not only will that give help to our friends from Imaldris, but it will buy us a little more time." suggested Elenlin

"Yes, that would be wise." answered Melannen

"Im sure Halidir would be glad to head up a party, especially since this elf's dealings are so important to our realm."

And so it was decided to ask the Lord and Lady of the Wood to deploy their troops. The trio gathered their belongings, remounted, and set off again for Lorien.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 18, 2005 06:13
As Mallenwen motioned for the two other elves to follow her into the nearby cave she reassuringly placed a hand on her sword hilt- just in case... she backed up so she was covered in shadow and hidden from the approaching orc army. She peered out from the darkness and saw a strange human leading the army. "A Dark Knight!" She gasped in surprise, as she saw the leader who was completed engulfed in black. The elleth waited for the army to march past them enough distance away before she gestured to Melannen and Elenlin that it was safe to emerge from the safety of the cave.

"We need to hurry," Mallenwen whispered, hastily. "To horse!"
She spurred Elissa forward and soon the fine stallion was racing across the plain, towards the pass, dirt flying out after it's hooves and its rider's body pressed down onto the horse to avoid slowing down. She was relieved when they finally reached the Gladden Fields.

Elenlin passed around a bottle of mirouvor, and Mallenwen thanked her and took a long drought.
"With the size of that army, I fear we may have to ask the Elves of Lorien to send a war party out as soon as we arrive. Not only will that give help to our friends from Imaldris, but it will buy us a little more time." suggested Elenlin

"Yes, that would be wise." answered Melannen.

"Im sure Halidir would be glad to head up a party, especially since this elf's dealings are so important to our realm."

Mallenwen nodded, "Yes he would... he is an honourable elf and will rise to the challenge immediately." She confirmed and then they all stood up and re-mounted their horses. The elleth patted the horse's mane reassuringly as they sped across the muddy ground, the trees and woodland flashing past them in a hazy blur of green and brown.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email