Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
Post RE: The Mysterious Quest...
on: November 30, 2005 05:18
Aloud she said, "First of all, I might ask how you know that everyone else would not wish me to come, but I will dissmiss that question as irrelevant. Second, I would say that I can help in many different fields, it all merely depends on what the situation calls for, but I think that the one which Aaricia might appreciate the most is understanding, someone who knows what she is going through and is willing to help ensure that it does not end...badly. But, if you really will refuse my help, then I would simply nod and concede defeat in my endeavor. I will not follow, if I am not accepted willingly."

Her voice had risen and carried to the table where Earwen, Aaricia and another woman sat. He could see the question and concern in Aaricia's eyes and the way Earwen in her own quiet manner simply observed, though the third woman was chattering completely unaware that anything was out of the ordinary. There was something hidden in this woman's heart and soul that she was hiding but suddenly Manveru began to understand that it was not a harmful one to the maiden whose care he had pledged to take on himself. He waved his hand briefly at those at the table, assuring them as well as possible not to be disturbed.

Manveru stood when the woman did, listening to her words, "If you still question whether or not you can trust my word, I assure you, On my Honor, I had no evil intentions regarding my offer."

Something in his heart understood more than either of them was aware at this moment. Her words brought back memories of the honor that once existed between men and elves and he reached out for her arm. "Sit, please. I think we have both been misunderstanding the other. You know my name...Manveru," his eye twinkled with mischief. She had, after all, been listening closely so how could she not. "I do not know yours. Were you to wish to journey with us, it would only be civilized to know yours as well, do you not agree?" He sat and waited to see if she would finally understand he meant HER no harm either.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Elf_Princess_Of_Light
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2005 10:07
Enya watched Manveru carefully, waiting for him to respond. She twitched slightly when the Elf touched her arm.
"Sit, please. I think we have both been misunderstanding the other." He said, taking a seat.
Enya hesitated a moment, then sat down as well.
"No," She said, after a moment's silence, "The fault is mine, for again I have forgotten myself. I am unaccustomed to having my actions questioned. No stranger has dared speak to me in the way you have, at least, not in a very long time; though, under the circumstances, you had every right.
This serves as no excuse for my actions, but long have I been in authority over others. Where once I dwelt, it was a serious offence for someone to raise his voice to his superior. Now, I do not believe that I am your superior, but often I forget that I no longer dwell within the land of my people." She paused for a moment, "they are all gone now." She said thoughtfully, her eyes unfocusing for a moment as she was drawn into the past.
She shook her head slightly and straightened up; now was not the time to visit the past, she must focus only on the present.

You know my name...Manveru," He said, his eyes sparkling mischievously. "I do not know yours. Were you to wish to journey with us, it would only be civilized to know yours as well, do you not agree?"
"Yes," Enya said quietly, a slight smile touching her lips. "I know your name....and the name of everyone else at that table. As for myself, my name is Enya. But, if you wish, I have also been called Merilvor, by some. However," and here her eyes sparkled with mirth, "I cannot guarantee that I will answer to that name."
GwennethSindalúnë
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2005 08:37
Aaricia kept part of her awareness focused on Manveru the entire time she chatted with Marisha. When both the elf and the strange woman stood up, she stopped in mid sentence, afraid of what might happen next. The angry tone of the woman's voice and Manveru's placating one drifted across the room, although she could not make out the words. Aaricia hoped fervently that everything was allright. She didn't know what the strange woman wanted, but they were clearly discussing Aaricia's search for Thorgal and she did not want to be the cause of any unpleasantness.

As if sensing her discomfiture, Manveru turned slightly and waved at the three women, a placating gesture, clearly indicating all was well. A moment later, he and the stranger seemed to have come to some kind of an accord for they sat at the table together and appeared to be deeply immersed in conversation.

Relieved, Aaricia turned her attention back to Marisha. To her consternation, she caught a glimpse of a single tear slipping down the young woman's face as she turned away quickly. What was wrong? Aaricia's heart went out to the young woman when she made her excuses and quickly left the table, exiting the inn in haste. What could be the cause of the sadness in her eyes, Aaricia wondered. She yearned to comfort her new found friend, and considered whether she should go after her or not. After some mulling, Aaricia decided that Marisha probably wanted to be alone for a few minutes and that she would best offer her support at a later time. She resolved, though, to be extra attentive to her needs during the journey. Clearly the young woman had reason to be deeply hurt.

(OOC: Bethrothed means to be engaged, to be promised to marry someone. Aaricia and Thorgal are not yet married but they are engaged)
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2005 11:21
Earwen listened to Manveru and the strange woman intently. She had not seen her friends in many years and it amused her to see him again managing and taking care of everyone and everything. After a while she forced herself to turn her attention back to the women sitting at the table with her.

"Forgive me," she addressed Marisha, "I have been showing bad manners. I have spent too much time by myself in the wild. Of course I remember you, although, I think I did not know you very well. "

Then she again listened as Aaricia recounted her story. She always listened carefully, even if something was told more than once. There was always some detail that one could have missed easily. After Aaricia had finished, Marisha started a conversation with the other girl. Earwen did not want to interrupt. she was well aware of the fact that at least Aaricia was still not comfortable in the company of elves and seemed to look at them with awe. The age seemed to be especially frightening to her - and that was the least thing Earwen wanted to do.

She looked at the two young women, observing. In many ways they were so young still she noticed, but then both had been shaped by sorrow and well did she know that sorrow and trial were the two factors which made people age the fastest - if not in body then in mind.

A new turn in the conversation between Manveru and the stranger caught Earwen's attention. She loved to see Manveru reason with people, she had always enjoyed watching him deal with strangers. So she turned her attention back on the conversation, listening and observing.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: December 01, 2005 04:05
Manveru felt a strong sense of relief when the eyes of the woman named Enya sparkled with mirth. It was the first time he had seen what could be the other side of her anger...this the innate humor that rode side by side with that anger. He smiled and put his hand out in the manner of men, offering to shake her hand in return.

"Well, Enya, Merilvor, whatever you wish to be called, I am happy to meet you. And I think the time has come for you to join my companions and tell us something about yourself. I believe they would welcome your company." He rose and headed for his own table, reaching back to touch her arm to bring her along.

"Aaricia, Earwen," his eyes searched for the other woman, Marisha, who had been at the table but was now no longer threre, "I'd like to introduce you to Enya. Aaricia, she wishes to aid us in our search for Thorgal and," smiling with a humorous glance at Enya, "she seems to know most of your story already. Before we leave, I think we would like to hear about her reasons for offering her help, don't you?" He looked around again.

"Where is Marisha?" Glancing at the tall, black haired elf whose bright blue eyes were taking in this introduction as she stood next to the table, he commented, "and it seems there is someone new who has come. My name is Manveru and you heard me introduce Enya. Who might you be?"
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Elf_Princess_Of_Light
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2005 09:03
Enya could almost hear the relief washing over the Elf, when she had smiled. When he offered her his hand, she shook it, as a sign of friendship.

"Well, Enya, Merilvor, whatever you wish to be called, I am happy to meet you. And I think the time has come for you to join my companions and tell us something about yourself. I believe they would welcome your company." Manveru said, standing up.
Enya stood up as well, "I prefer to be called Enya." She said, following the Elf to the table where the others sat. She stopped next to the Elf, and stood without moving, hands clasped behind her back, as she waited to be introduced.
"Aaricia, Earwen, I'd like to introduce you to Enya. Manveru said; Enya nodded politely to each of them, taking care to also acknowledge the the black haired Elf standing next to the table. She had heard the Elf speaking to Aaricia and Earwen, but knew that Manveru had not seen her.
"Aaricia, she wishes to aid us in our search for Thorgal and," He tossed a smile in Enya's direction, "she seems to know most of your story already."

"Before we leave, I think we would like to hear about her reasons for offering her help, don't you?"
Enya's eyes flicked towards Manveru, when he said this, though her eyes did not betray her surprise.
Well, what did you think? Did you really expect them to invite you along, without wanting to know your reason for joining them?
This troubling thought made Enya pause for a moment. Could she tell them? No, it was impossible, but then what should she say?
Fortunately for Enya, she did not have to explain herself immediately, because Manveru suddenly asked,
"Where is Marisha?" He then seemed to notice the black haired Elf, "and it seems there is someone new who has come. My name is Manveru and you heard me introduce Enya. Who might you be?"
Enya turned her attention away from the strange Elf, as she listened in the direction Marisha had gone. She had heard the young woman leave, and she had sounded sad.
She thought about going to see if the woman needed any assistance, but decided against it. Marisha didn't know her; for all she knew, Enya could be their enemy.

Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2005 10:20
Marisha still sat outside, leaning her back against the wall, but was now looking at the stars with wet eyes.
Where would they be now? I don't know what happens after death, where could they be? She asked herself.
But who knew the answer? Only those who have passed away, and She could not talk to them.

She began singing a song softly, because it was the song her father always whisteled when they went away or were on the road.
Upon the hearth the fire is red,
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet,
Still round the corner we may meet
A sudden tree or standing stone
That none have seen but we alone.
Tree and flower, leaf and grass,
Let them pass... Let them pass...
Hill and water under sky,
Pass them by... Pass them by...

Still round the corner there may wait
A new road or a secret gate,
And though we pass them by today,
Tomorrow we may come this way
And take the hidden paths that run
Towards the Moon or to the Sun.
Apple, thorn, and nut and sloe,
Let them go... Let them go...
Sand and stone and pool and dell,
Fare you well... Fare you well...

Home is behind, the world ahead,
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadows to the edge of night,
Until the stars are all alight.
Then world behind and home ahead,
We'll wander back to home and bed.
Mist and twilight, cloud and shade,
Away shall fade... Away shall fade...
Fire and lamp and meat and bread,
And then to bed... And then to bed...

Marisha fell silent after the song was finished, for she had no idea to say or sing. Though the singin helped her, she couldnt think of a different one, sounding NOT Jolly. She was not in the mood for Jolly songs.
She rested her head against the wall again, looking at the stars once more.
When the others would come out, she would notice soon enough.
Her things were packed allready, so she could join them in only a few seconds.
Elf_Princess_Of_Light
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2005 06:17
Ooc: Hey! Where is everyone?
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2005 09:58
[yeah... *Shouts* Anybody here?!?
Maybe mailing them would be best...]
GwennethSindalúnë
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2005 05:39
Despite the fact that the conversation between Manveru and the strange woman seemed to have taken a turn for the better, Aaricia had kept part of her awareness on the tall elf who had befriended her the night before. So, as soon as Manveru stood up, and ushered the stranger toward their table, Aaricia transferred her full attention to the woman. She was terribly curious about their conversation and what Manveru's intentions were. Was this rather intimidating stranger to join their rapidly growing little group? Aaricia had little experience in the ways of the world, but she knew that those who presented themselves the way this woman did could frequently mean trouble. On the other hand, she instinctively trusted Manveru's judgement. If the elf thought she was an ally, then Aaricia would as well, she decided.

Trying not to stare openly for once, Aaricia flicked her eyes back and forth from Manveru to the stranger. She was immediately relieved to see that, at closer ranger, the woman's intimidating aura was belied by a spark of michevious mirth in her eyes. Aaricia smiled at her, welcoming her silently as Manveru spoke:

"Aaricia, Earwen," his eyes searched for the other woman, Marisha, who had been at the table but was now no longer threre, "I'd like to introduce you to Enya. Aaricia, she wishes to aid us in our search for Thorgal and," smiling with a humorous glance at Enya, "she seems to know most of your story already. Before we leave, I think we would like to hear about her reasons for offering her help, don't you?" He looked around again.

"Where is Marisha?" Glancing at the tall, black haired elf whose bright blue eyes were taking in this introduction as she stood next to the table, he commented, "and it seems there is someone new who has come. My name is Manveru and you heard me introduce Enya. Who might you be?"

"Marisha...ahhh...Marisha needed some fresh air," Aaricia responded, wanting to protect the young woman's privacy. She thought Manveru probably had a very good idea about whatever was causing the sadness that was so apparent in her new friend's eyes. But, with so many others present, she thought it best to be discreet. "I am sure she will return momentarily." Remembering her manners, Aarica stood to greet Enya, holding out both hands as was custom in her village.

"I greet you, Enya" she said in her soft voice, "and I welcome any who would assist me in finding Thorgal! Please have a seat and share with us what would make you want to help us in this endeavor." Aaricia smiled again, echoing the twinkle of humor in Enya's eye.

(OOC: Things are crazy at work right now, so I will only be posting about every few days . But I won't forget this thread, promise!
amandil4ever
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2005 08:44
Mirdulinn was standing quietly by the table when she saw that apparently the elf and the human had settled their disagreement. It was not her business, but she was curious as to why they were having a shouting match. Soon they sat down and began to talk in softer voices. Mirdulinn was surprised when they came over to where Aaricia and Earwen were. Mirdulinn did not know what to think of the female human, but decided to listen and observe. It appeared that she was quite an interesting character, this Enya. Mirdulinn was about to go and sit down somewhere else when she heard the male elf speaking:

"and it seems there is someone new who has come. My name is Manveru and you heard me introduce Enya. Who might you be?"

Mirdulinn looked at Manveru and bowed slightly. "Mae Govannen. I am Mirdulinn of Mirkwood, a traveler. It is a pleasure to meet you." With this, she laid her hand upon her breast as a sign of greeting. "It appears that you have lost someone. May I be of assistance?" Mirdulinn looked at Aaricia and Manveru, unsure of their answers. Aaricia invited Enya to sit down, so Mirdulinn moved out of the way.

"I am sorry for interupting, but did any of you hear a high pitched noise last night? I heard it and came here to find out what the noise was. It almost seemed like a distress signal." Mirdulinn looked at Manveru, Enya, Aaricia and Earwen to see if they had noticed the sound as well.

[Edited on 14/12/2005 by amandil4ever]
Elf_Princess_Of_Light
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2005 08:40
"Marisha...ahhh...Marisha needed some fresh air," Aaricia said, in responce to Manveru's question. "I am sure she will return momentarily."

Enya frowned; it was obvious to her that Aaricia was not telling the whole truth. The mournful tones of Marisha's song, which, although faint, were easily heard by herself, seemed to reflect that fact.
She needed more than fresh air. She thought.
She stirred, letting the frown fall away, and replacing it with a smile, when Aaricia stood up to address her.

"I greet you, Enya" she said in her soft voice, "and I welcome any who would assist me in finding Thorgal! Please have a seat and share with us what would make you want to help us in this endeavor."
"I thank you, Aaricia," Enya replied, inclining her head slightly. "I am glad that you have accepted my help." She paused for a moment, glancing over at Earwen, who had yet to speak to her.
"Suilad, Earwen." She said coolly.

Ooc: amandil, I think you need to edit your last post, because Enya is not an elf. She is human.
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2005 08:48
(00C: I don't know whether you already heard, but bereth has some computer problems and it will be a while until she can be online again - so don't wonder why she isn't posting right now. But don't worry - she willl catch up once she's back online.)

"Suilad, Earwen." She said coolly. For a moment Earwen looked at Enya, not knowing how or why she had deserved such cool treatment, but then she remembered the argument the girl had had with Manveru just a moment ago and decided it would be wiser not to provoke another one.
"'Quel amrun. Mae govannen, (Good morning. Well met) Enya." she said, keeping the tone of her voice neutral.

Earwen was thankful that a newcomer had joined them and gladly answered Mirdulinn's question. "Mae govannen," she said warmer now," Yes, Mirdulinn of Mirkwood, most of us heard the sound. It was an whistle, pitched in a way that only elven ears can hear it. It was given to a friend of Manveru and me who lost his life tragically. Aaricia's betrothed seems to be caught up in this mystery and we will all do our best and solve it. But it is really Aaricia's place to accept any help offered."
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: December 20, 2005 11:49
Manveru accepted Mirdulinn's greetings and answered with his own in return. "Mirkwood? You are a long way from home. What brings you to Minas Tirith?" he asked as everyone settled in seats around the table. He had accepted Aaricia's explanation about Marisha but thought that it might be a great deal more than a moment alone that the young Gondorian woman needed. If she was the one the King had told him about, then the loss of her parents must be tremendous grief for her to hold inside. He would have to find a way to talk to her soon.

Calling to Bolin, he turned to his companions. "Earwen, Aaricia, Mirdulinn, Enya....what would you all like to eat or drink? If we are to begin a journey, we will need not only this meal but provisions to take with us. Bolin can help with that, I think,....can you not, my old friend?" he said to the innkeeper who had arrived at his side.

"That is the pot calling the frying pan black, Manveru, calling ME old." He laughed and asked how he could help them. Manveru explained that they would need provisions for ?... at that point, he turned to Aaricia. "M'lady, as you know, Earwen and I will surely accompany you. I think it would do Marisha a great good to come with us as well. That accounts for at least four people. But I do not yet know if you, Enya, will be traveling with us yet. That is for Aaricia to decide once she has heard your reason for wishing to join her in her search. And you, Mirdulinn, we have yet to hear from you why you are here and when you plan to return to Mrikwood. So, Bolin, I know we need provisions for at least four and possibly six people. Can you arrange to supply us by the time we finish our morning meal?" Manveru smiled charmingly.

Bolin shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Manveru, only for you would I do this. I'll see to it that there are enough provisions for a small army set next to your packs in the stable." Patting Manveru on the shoulder, he pivoted around and headed for the kitchen, already yelling to his wife and children the items he wanted gathered.

Manveru winked at Earwen and turned to the group again. "Now, let us talk. I have asked some questions and would delight in your answers."
Elf_Princess_Of_Light
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2006 01:00
Enya listened with a slight smile on her face, as Manveru gave instructions to Bolin. It was intriguing to listen as he casually assumed the role of the group's leader.
A born leader. She thought. I wonder if he even realizes that he does it.

"I do not yet know if you, Enya, will be traveling with us yet. That is for Aaricia to decide once she has heard your reason for wishing to join her in her search."
Enya nodded wordlessly, ignoring the wary glances that Bolin occasionally tossed in her direction.
She waited until the innkeeper left to fulfill the elf's request, then turned to Manveru.
"I do not know what kind of an explanation you are hoping for. My reasons for wishing to help are nothing unusual. Nothing gallant or heroic." She paused for a moment, then continued, this time addressing Aaricia.
"When I heard your conversation, not on purpose mind you, I thought to offer my help, and was about to, when the elf decided to give me a piece of his mind." She tossed a smile in Manveru's direction, then continued.
"Perhaps it was rude, the thought never actually crossed my mind and I cannot help but hear, but if I was to offer my help I had to know beforehand what exactly I was helping with."
Elf_Princess_Of_Light
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2006 12:07
Ooc- Hey, everyone disappeared again. *Cries* Oh, please don't abandon the thread. It's too cool to be left unfinished.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2006 08:30
[I am still here! But I really cannot post something useful now, My character waits for them to get out of the Inn so she can join them! What about you pm them?]
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: February 14, 2006 10:36
It's hard to carry on a quest when the central character of the quest is among the missing. Gwenneth Sindalúne has not posted since Dec. 8th and without her, I can't see anyway we can continue.

If anyone of you know her personally or know how to contact her, you might want to giver her a nudge.

[Edited on 14/2/2006 by BerethEdhellen]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email