Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
Post OOC: The smell of the sea
on: November 29, 2005 04:16
OOC: Hi everyone and welcome to this thread! Here are some rules if you would like to join.

1. Please PM me with your character or post here in the OOC and wait for permission before joining.

2. Please keep this Tolkien related as described in the new post by the moderators. I don’t want this thread closed because it becomes off topic or suddenly has some really strange characters in it! So please read the guidelines before joining and stick to them!

3. I’m interested in people who enjoy writing and who are going to post more than one or two lines at a time. In fact, the longer the better! You also should be willing to put some time into reading what others have written in the posts before yours, so that there will be no contradiction which will have to be sorted out.

4. Please, if you decide to join try and stick with this thread. If for some reason (and I know those can come up) you don’t have time for this thread any longer or you don’t like it anymore be considerate and let the other players know by posting in the OOC thread. If your absence will be temporary you can ask someone to move your character along. If you decide to leave altogether, please write your character out of the thread, i.e. let him/her go away, stay behind for some reason or even let your character die. But please don’t just disappear, letting the other players wonder what happened to you.

This story is semi – scripted. It is about Earwen, a Teleri, who came to Middle Earth with the Noldor. Here is her profile:

Race: Telerian elf
Height: tall, like all of her race
Place of Residence: Alqualonde
Family: a father and five brothers
Powers:
Weapons: can handle a bow, but badly - same with a sword
Appearance: She has dark blonde hair, the color of sand and very large brown eyes. Her form is slender and graceful, but her muscles are strong from many years of having to take care of herself.

Personality: Earwen is a very protected and somewhat spoiled only daughter. She is headstrong, but couragous. In the long years she has lived in middle earth she has grown calm and wise. There is little she has not seen and she knows grief as well as joy

History: Her mother died when she was born. She grew up being the favorite of her father and her brothers in Aqualonde. Her father and probably all of her brothers were killed when the Noldor took the ships of the Teleri. Earwen hid from the massacre on her father's ship, planning to come out once the danger had passed. That way she sailed to Middle earth with the Noldor. When she was discovered she was in danger of loosing her life, but was saved thanks to Maglor. She fell in love with Maglor and stayed with him until he helped his brother find the Silmarils and ran mad in the end. They had two sons, both of whom were killed in the Dagor Bragollach. Their daughter was stillborn after the battle and after Maglor left with his brother to fulfill his oath.

The story will begin after Maglor turned mad and left to fulfill his oath ( after the Dagor Bragollach and the Nirnaeth Arnoediad. – 455/471 of the First Age). Earwen at this point is in late pregnancy with her daughter, who will be still born. After a while of grieving, Earwen will leave her home (Maglor’s Gap, east of Beleriand) to journey around Middle earth and take part in many adventures. Which adventures these might be I would like to develop together with you during the roleplay . We have all of the Second and Third age to play in!

[Edited on 4/12/2005 by Liswen]
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
Post RE: OOC: The smell of the sea
on: November 29, 2005 07:05
You know I have already talked to you about this and am going to do something I have never done once in all my RPG'ing here....I'm using a character that I'm already using in another thread (Manveru). But it seems fitting as this will give Earwen and Manveru the back story or history of how they came to know each other and have remained friends lo! these many millenia.

Congrats on the new thread and I will be looking forward to posting with you.

Ber
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Anamaleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2005 07:23
Hey! Can I join ur rpg? All my characters are in the db, I'll probably use Anamaleth or Valadhiel.
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: November 29, 2005 09:22
Hey there!

I'd like to join if I may. I could (possibly) use (and adapt if necessary) my existing char Faevathor, or come up with a new char that would fit in.
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2005 09:57
Hi bereth and gwen! Glad to have you join!

Hello Anamaleth - please check your PM.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: November 29, 2005 06:37
Okay... well... my first post is up - not quite as long as I wanted for an 'intro', but they'll get better, I promise!!
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2005 07:11
Don't worry gwen! Your post is as it should be! We should discuss where we'll take this rp after the birth/burial thing...

bereth suggested the following ( and I like it)
We could all go to the grave and bury the baby with her brothers...and then head for Eglarest and Cirdan's area until we decide what to do next. Perhaps a hunt for Maglor?

So let me know what you think.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2005 03:52
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.....

The first posts already have me love this story! May I join your talented group of writers? I could adopt my chars Silima and Culdalasse (sister and brother) to fit this story, for I have been longing to play them ever since their story died....

Please?
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: November 30, 2005 02:02
Hey everyone :wave:

I'll be joining this thread, with permission of course, and using my character Nayru.
ElenaTheWarrior
Journals Moderator
Send Message
on: December 01, 2005 07:20
Hi, can I just say, wow. Liswen...your knowledge of history is precise and effortless, it's beautiful. I'm really impressed.
I have little talent for playing elves, but I'm going to consider joining this thread, if you'll have me. No concept as yet, (and if you read any of my characters in the database please don't lynch me. I haven't RPed on this site in ages, those are all char.s from days long past), I may lurk for a bit and let you konw tomorrow?

~Elena
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2005 08:05
Thanks for the compliments - but I just read the Sil like all the others.
Do all the lurkig you want to and once you are ready pm me with your character and we can see how and when to fit you in.

Have fun reading!
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2005 03:47
ok everyone - I will need some suggestions! we are almost ready to be on our way and we will meet quite a few people there... so, I need some help organizing the different entries. Please, let me know how close your characters are to Maglor's Gap at the moment and then let's see who should come in when. I am sorry if some of you have to wait a littel while longer, but it does not make sense for all of you to jump in at the same time...

Liswen
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: December 02, 2005 03:23
You know that my character is residing in Eglarest, and that's pretty far from Maglor's Gap. Eep, looks like I'll be last.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: December 02, 2005 04:44
Lady E and Nif

We will probably be following the River Sirion to Nan-Tathren where we will pick up the River Narog toward the North West before we cross westward to Eglarest. Nan-Tathren, though now overrun occasionally by orcs and other evils, is still a place of healing and a good stopping point enroute to Eglarest. Perhaps Nif's chars could join us there and travel with us to where Lady E's char could meet us.

What do you all think?
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: December 02, 2005 07:06
Alright, that sounds fine with me.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: December 02, 2005 08:31
Okay...corrections:

We've been re-calculating time and locations. First, I made an error of major proportions....I put us on the wrong river. We are in the NW of Beleriand on the river Gelion near Maglor's Gap.

And since Gondolin was the last realm to fall, Eglarest was already gone by this time. Cirdan had moved himself to the Isle of Balar at the mouth of the Sirion.

Soooooooooo...we've already edited our posts to correct everything to date but we now have to figure how to get from where we are to where we need to be, which is the mouth of Sirion and the Isle of Balar. Lady E, since you haven't established your char yet, if you want her to be with Cirdan, can you make the necessary adjustments to the Isle of Balar?

Thanks, and sorry for screwing up my rivers.
ElenaTheWarrior
Journals Moderator
Send Message
on: December 02, 2005 08:46
Meant to post this earlier, apparently it didn't take

How would you feel about an orphan child, either Elven or Human, who had survived the battle by hiding? It opens the interesting possibility of him/her imprinting on Earwen, especially is she is kind to them.

On the other hand, that's a route that very easy to turn cliche.
Do you have any role you would especially like filled?
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: December 03, 2005 07:09
Sure thing, BE, it's no problem.

Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2005 12:17
Thanks everyone for your patience until we sorted everything out - and thanks again bereth! Without you I wouldn't even have spotted some of the mistakes.....

Elena:
please clean out your pm - box; so I can send you a pm - thanks

[Edited on 3/12/2005 by Liswen]
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2005 01:49
*pokes head in*

Erm... Hi. Just to say Liswen's letting me join with my character Sûlfëa Windspirit, who I never really had the chance to develop properly since the only other thread she was in sort of died really, really early. She's been in the DB for quite some time:

http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=4959

I might also be taking up Maglor again if we do find him - I played him in the other thread. Sûlfëa and Earwen were friends, so that might give her some reason to join the group. Hope noone in this absolutely talented group of people objects! (Update: OMG I *almost* cried reading the first few posts just now. You all write too well.)

[Edited on 6/12/2005 by Sirithros_Lirenel]
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2005 08:45
Ok everyone - we are on the road, so check your pms and be ready to make your first posts soon

I will see you all in the thread....

Liswen
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2005 06:17
Just to keep you all informed, the thread has not died.... bereth has severe computer problems and won't be able to get online for a while, so I first waited, but I guess, we could as well go on ....

I hope, gwen that you know the map .... bereth looked that up for me because I do not own an Atlas of Middle Earth....so if you could take over the travel - directions until she's back, that would be great!

Nif - we are somewhere in the wilderness, so feel free to make your first post anytime....

Liswen

Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2005 12:12
Oh, I hope Bereth will be back shortly!

And thanks for letting me know!

And, we are still waiting for you to post, Liswen, in the Forsaken Inn....
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
gwendeth
Send Message
on: December 14, 2005 11:49
I hope, gwen that you know the map .... bereth looked that up for me because I do not own an Atlas of Middle Earth....so if you could take over the travel - directions until she's back, that would be great!

Yes, I do... lol I actually have 2 copies of the Atlas because I once misplaced one and bought another, and then found the first one when we moved.

I'll certainly do that - hopefully, I can get a post in by later tonight - tomorrow morning at the latest.
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2005 05:38
Thanks so much gwen! :love:

Nif - I posted in the Forsaken Inn....
gwendeth
Send Message
on: December 16, 2005 04:39
Okay... well, I know it's not much, but I got a post in.

Just as a 'heads up', though, I'll be out of town from Dec. 26th through Jan. 1st for my daughter's wedding on the 30th, with little or no internet access. heh not like I'll be 'busy' or anything that week, though. :rolleyes:
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2005 06:20
Thanks for the post gwen - that should be enough to keep it going for a while... and don't worry because of Christmas and New Year - I'll be out of town with no internet access from the 30th to the second, too....

I'm sure that will be the case for a lot of us....
gwendeth
Send Message
on: December 16, 2005 06:58
lol I'm sure it will be... heh and just when bereth (hopefully) gets her access back!

:hug: bereth - we do miss you all over and hope things get worked out on your computers!
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2005 10:38
Yes, bereth we all miss you very dearly.... and we are hoping your computer problems will be worked out soon !!! et:
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: December 16, 2005 02:00
Haha, not me. I'll just be doing nothing for Christmas holidays... excepting working among other things. :rolleyes:

But I'll miss you guys over the holidays, and have safe travel. And bereth, hope you get your computer problems fixed!
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2005 08:00
Ok, bereth is back and the thread is moving again... I hope, that we will not have to keep you waiting much longer.... Lady Eowyn and Siri.... I think, that we'll reach Cirdan after the holidays (hopefully)
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2005 07:11
Hey everyone! I hope you had a great Christmas. And I also hope you will have a good start into the new year!

I will be away until the 3rd, so don't wonder if there are no posts until then

Happy New Year!

Liswen
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2006 11:26
Lady Eowyn and Siri,

I am extremely sorry that it takes so long to get to Cirdan, but I'll try and hasten things a little bit.

Thanks so much for standing by and waiting for so long. What I was thinking about, so that you could come in sooner, is that you two could start writing about your characters and what they are doing at the moment, why they are with Cirdan etc., maybe you two could already meet and then we could draw the story lines together.

Let me know everyone what you think of that idea...

Anyway, thanks for waiting, and I feel bad about it taking so long.

Liswen
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2006 12:54
Hi Liswen.

It's ok - I've had so much to do lately anyway. And as for gettng my post out, I did it last Christmas on the train from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur 'cos the ride was six whole hours long and I was BORED, lol.

So far what I got was that Sulfea is with Cirdan, because she's gotten tired of Middle Earth after all the wars in the First Age and she's just putting a few more matters into order, wrapping up loose ends and that sort of thing before she leaves. Which is when she meets Earwen and co. coming. Do tell me what you think of it!

~ Siri
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2006 08:16
Siri,
I like that idea - and I'll let you know when its we are about to reach Cirdan - the thread is moving slower now than I expected, but I'll try and speed it up

Liswen
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email