Register

Author Topic:
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OOC: The smell of the sea
on: January 30, 2006 11:27
hey gwen, bereth and nif.....

we'll have a long road ahead of us now, but we have still people waiting to come in once we reach Cirdan.... so, I need suggestions on how to speed things up a bit without hurrying and on how to make it more exiting - like an ork attack or bandits maybe?

so, open for suggestions

Liswen
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2006 01:51
*pokes head around door*

Hi Siri and Liswen, and everyone else.
Sorry for dropping in so late on in the thread, but BE recommended it to me when I asked her about any good roleplay threads going on the forums, so here I am, placing a request to join your honoured ranks.
I also feel I must apologise for lack of originality here I was would simply love to take on the role of the young and impetuious Glorfindel Ingold here. If only you could see how many times I've tried to leave him, but still I keep coming back to him. If there's a problem with me using him then I'll more than happily try to create another one!

Here's his profile for those who wish to view it: here's

[Edited on 4/2/2006 by BerethEdhellen]
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2006 09:21
hey everyone - had a long discussion with bereth to put us into the right timeline again, so here are the results:

Maglor guarded his Gap for four and a half centuries, but was eventually overcome in the Dagor Bragollach. The dragon Glaurung invaded Maglor's land and ruined it, so that he was forced to flee to the fortress of his brother Maedhros on the hill of Himring to the west.
Sixteen years later, he marched out with Maedhros to the great battle that should have seen the revenge of the Elves on Morgoth, but was brought to ruin by the treachery of Uldor the Accursed. Maglor slew Uldor himself, but the field was lost; that was the battle afterwards called the Nirnaeth Arnoediad, the Unnumbered Tears.
All seven of Fëanor's sons survived the Nirnaeth. In the years leading up to that battle, one of the three Silmarils had been recovered from Morgoth's crown, and had come eventually to be held by Dior in Doriath.
After some years had passed, these four came to learn that a Silmaril was held by Elwing at the Mouths of Sirion, and though they restrained themselves for some time, their Oath compelled them to take back the Jewel. So they assaulted their fellow Elves, and Elwing escaped with the Silmaril across the Sea to her husband Eärendil, and together they sailed into the West.

Okay..so the kinslaying at the mouth of the Sirion took place but failed to give the brothers the sils, so we (the travelling group) could reach there at the time of the kinslaying or shortly thereafter.

Which means, that Lady E and Siri - you can start a paralell storyline - shortly before and during the kinslaying - with your characters anytime you want now.

Siri - also see your pm about Maglor.
And LMM - see your pm, also ..... we still need to discuss some things.

So, happy posting and I see you all, soon.

[Edited on 4/2/2006 by Liswen]
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2006 12:45
*pops up*

Hey everyone! Looks like I'm the new guy, sorry! Anyway, Liswen I've pmmed a few queries to you about Glorfindel and when those are all answered I'll be ready to go. I thought about putting young Ailia in too, but she'd be only a toddler so she'll sit this one out. Heck, even Glorfindel's going to be only a century or two old!

Anyway this is mostly an introduction, so you all know who to hate! *raises hand* Anyway, siri and lady e, how about if we collaborate on this parallel storyline?
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2006 03:32
Hi all,

I'm sorry but I do feel the need to have everything spelled out for my very sluggish mind this morning (it's 9am BUT I only got to sleep at about 6 this morning so...) so please don't kill me if having to spell things out annoys anyone! ><

So the story starts sometime before the kinslaying. Earwen and co. reach Sirion during/after kinslaying. Nayru and Sulfea (Lady~Eowyn and myself) start out at Balar but I take it from the PM that we somehow wind up at Sirion around the time of the kinslaying too (we can work that bit out later - Sirion and Balar aren't that far off) Then Earwen and Maglor can have their reunion... (*coughs*)

I did get that right, right...?

LMM - Ok currently parallel storyline (well, all we've got of it anyway) runs as follows: Sulfea, who has been doing a bit of wandering after Doriath was sacked, has finally decided she's had enough and winds up at Balar. Her original intentions were to take ship and leave, but she's still waiting for her brother Celeborn to arrive so she can make her farewells and while she's waiting she runs into Nayru, an old acquaintance from Doriath as well. So Glorfindel could find some reason to be at Balar too and get acquainted with Sulfea and Nayru... And then we've got to get a reason to make for Sirion.

Yeah I think that's all I've got for now so... I'll make my post when I can actually type without having to look at the keyboard to make sure my fingers are going to right way. ><

~ Siri
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2006 08:20
Hi Siri and Lady E

sounds good to me!

Glad to have you all onboard!

LMM: if you still want to make your first post during the kinslaying, that's all right, but then you have to wait until Siri and Lady E get to that point....

Liswen
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2006 09:17

LMM - Ok currently parallel storyline (well, all we've got of it anyway) runs as follows: Sulfea, who has been doing a bit of wandering after Doriath was sacked, has finally decided she's had enough and winds up at Balar. Her original intentions were to take ship and leave, but she's still waiting for her brother Celeborn to arrive so she can make her farewells and while she's waiting she runs into Nayru, an old acquaintance from Doriath as well. So Glorfindel could find some reason to be at Balar too and get acquainted with Sulfea and Nayru... And then we've got to get a reason to make for Sirion.

Well ok, that works out quite nicely Siri as the Isle of Balar is precisely where Glorfindel is currently residing at this time, being a close comrade of High King Gil-galad. I figure it's best that they all meet up perhaps through Cirdan or even through the King himself. As for getting to the Mouths of the Sirion, Glorfindel is begging leave to go there and see his mother (who will be killed in the Kinslaying). Now given that the lands are highly dangerous at this time it would make sense for travelers to journey in groups, so perhaps Sulfea, Nayru and Glorfindel could all travel together for that purpose?

Another point I must mention, I'll be away on the week of 11th to the 18th, but I MIGHT be able to get to a PC. Note that's a might, but after checking it out with Liswen I just wanted to run it past you and Lady E, so please don't wait up for posts after Friday the 10th.

EDIT: in fact on a second thought, depending on where we are, it might be an idea for Sulfea and Nayru to go ahead of Glorfindel and for him to meet them at the Mouths. He could be detained by business or something like that.
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2006 02:19
Fwahahh I posted! Hope it's alright... Do tell me if it's otherwise, contructive crit. very appreciated.
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2006 02:56
Good post Siri!

Liswen
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2006 02:01
I will post soon, but I want to get it just right!
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2006 02:28
I've said it before, Mike, and I'll say it again: The idea of a really young Glorfindel is just SO cute. <3

And I finished *the* picture. Now I just need a scanner and I can torment you with it, haha.
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2006 11:13
Hi Siri and LMM,

good work - but bereth told me that the run - on sentence streches the frame too far... so it would be great of you two if you could edit that....

thanks

liswen
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2006 02:45
Ok, post edited and I'll get down to a reply asap Siri.

*hides from possibility of the picture*
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 04:47
hi everyone - just wanted to let you know that I have not vanished or anything like that - I'm just swamped with work at the moment, but I will catch up as soon as I can...

Feel free to post - there is no particular order at the moment.

And by the way - thanks for the good work everyone - it is a pleasure roleplaying with you...

Liswen
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2006 05:58
hi everyone - just a quick reminder not to forget this thread - feel free to post... I will do so soon, too!

hope you all still want to post - would be a pity if this thread died...

Liswen
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: May 04, 2006 12:01
I just checked and I was the last one to post several weeks ago.
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2006 12:49
Hi all,

I really like this thread and would be glad for it to continue...

~ Siri
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2006 04:39
hey gwen - hey siri

gwen - I know you were the last to post....

thanks siri - I think, if we all post now the thread is in no danger of dying....

so, hoping for the best - see you all in the thread!

Liswen
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2006 11:40
Hey, sorry for a lengthy absence, but A level revision is paramount atm. I'll get a post in asap.
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2006 07:22
Where is everyone? Siri? LMM? Lady~E?
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2006 08:16
Still here!!! And waiting for an opportunity to post... ><
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: June 06, 2006 05:28
I'm still here. I was last to post concerning our parallel plot.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2006 12:59
I'm here, too.
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2006 12:15
*dashes back* here I'm here!
Sorry!
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: June 13, 2006 03:36
I'm here, and posted. Not much, but hopefully enough to get the group heading onward.
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2006 09:27
Thanks everyone - it is great to know that you are all still here and that the thread has a chance to go on.

Keep up the good work and see you in the thread

Liswen
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2006 04:49
sorry everyone

I was on holiday and had no real access to a computer - not long enough to post... but I will get to it, promised.

liswen
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email