Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
augureysyu
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fanfiction Search
on: November 04, 2007 10:26
Hey do any of you guys know this fanfic about legolas loosing gimli to death in the Undying Lands??? Its not a slash and its not 'Beyong this World' Something in it i remeber is when gimli wa carving out his coffin and legolas didnt seem to realize what it was until the funeral or sumthing.... and that legolas tried to wake up gimli one morning but discovered he had passed....
ainaloth_duredhel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2007 12:03
I'm looking for some really good fanfiction featuring Haldir. I'm not terribly picky on genres, but I'm not big on slash. Anyone have any suggestions as to where I should look?
Elioclya
Lady of Ithilien
Send Message
on: December 04, 2007 01:11
There are some very good Haldir stories in our own fanfiction section here, including several which are still in progress - just do a summary search for Haldir and see what you find
sayyadina
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2007 06:40
I'm looking for a young Estel story, in which he gets injured by a horse which causes him to go blind. It ends with him grown up.
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: February 02, 2008 07:45
Hi, I wonder if anybody else has been having problems with connecting to fanfiction.net lately? I don't know whether it's just my PC, or whether the site is having some sort of problems.

sayyadina: I'm afraid I can't help you with this one as I'm sure I haven't read it. That's why I always download the fanfic I like, and put down the author and site at the bottom
Have you tried out Character search? If you're into young Estel stories, there's a wonderful and canon-mindful one by Gwynnyd at HASA, and another fantastic AU-ish one about the meeting of Estel and Bilbo by Eledhwen at the same site. I :love: them... although I'm not generally into wee-Estel fanfic.

[Edited on 2/2/2008 by ~nólemë~]
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
LegolasLove12
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2008 05:13
I'm looking for some really good fanfiction featuring Haldir. I'm not terribly picky on genres, but I'm not big on slash. Anyone have any suggestions as to where I should look?

There is a good story with Haldir on FF.net its called "Cost of Blood" by The Lady of Light. Hope i could help
IlenaoftheValley
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2008 03:57
Okay, I know it'll be practically impossible to find this fic but I have to try.

I read a fic a while back (a couple years, I think). It was a story about an Elf (that was either Legolas or an OC, I believe) befriending a young girl in the woods behind her home. The story goes through her entire life and her encounters with the Elf, including how he aided her in her childbirth and was with her and her children and grandchildren when she died.

It was short, only a chapter or two, but I'm having a hard time searching for it because I can't think of what was in the summary, the girl's name, or if the character was Legolas. It's really bugging me because I found half a chapter of a spin off I was writing, but I want to reread the fic so that I can figure out where I was going with my story. ^^;

If anyone can think of anything that would help it would be most appreciated.

[Edited on 28/8/2008 by IlenaoftheValley]
Justysia
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Fanfiction Search
on: November 04, 2012 04:37
Hello. I'm looking for Elrond-centered fanfictions. I've search many sites, but I found only a few that held my interest. Do you know any good Elrond fics? Oh, and I don't read slash
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2012 05:18
I haven't read many of the fan fics on here, but a few years back some of my siblings and I read one called "The Mischief Chronicles". It was about Elrond's children, but it was pretty funny as far as I remember.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Justysia
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2012 01:16
thanks I'm more interested in finding an Elrond fic, but thanks anyway, friend, I really appreciate it
Justysia
Council Member
Send Message
Hello, it's ,e again This time I'm lookin' for some Boromir fanfictions ! Could you recommend something good? Have a nice day, J.
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
One Boromir-centric fic I heartily recommend is 'Lords of Gondor' by Linaewen on Storiesofarda.org. One of the most tolkienesque and canon-respectful fics I've ever read, despite the fact that it's an AU where Boromir survives; no pairings; still WIP. I believe Karina Chmiel, IMO one of the best Tolkien artists, drew some illustratiosn for this story. She also drew illustrations for 'The steward and the king', found on Henneth Annun (IDK the name of the author), which means it ought to be a quality story, this time completed (although it's, again, AU). I haven't read it.
Linaewen has more fascinating Boromir-centric fics on storiesofarda which I recommend checking out.
An old favorite of mine is 'Singer by the Shore' by Beth Winter in the Henneth Annun archive; it's a one-shot in which the children Boromir and Faramir meet a tragic character from the Silmarillion.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Justysia
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you so much for the recommendation, I will check it out !
Legolass
Council Member
Send Message
Post Trying to locate an Aragorn-Legolas story
on: April 23, 2018 01:56
I feel rather silly asking this, but I am trying to help someone locate a fan fic where Legolas brings a badly injured Aragorn to a cottage where he asks an old woman to take care of the Ranger? The friends have had a falling-out and Aragorn would not speak to the elf at first while he heals, but they eventually reconcile and leave the cottage as close as they were before. If I'm not mistaken, Legolas brings the old woman a deer each year in gratitude. If anyone can help locate the story or remember the title or author, we'd really appreciate it. Thank you.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email