Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
Post Where in Middle Earth?
on: December 17, 2005 03:10
((anyone can join. I need at least someone to be the person they are following.))
Chip Rivers and Gilinath Stone were the best of friends. They hads Traveled together scince they had left Rohan two years back. They had meet some interesting people in their travels but, the one they wanted to meet was most intrigueing thus far. THey stealthly followed behind the man's horse. Well, they thought it was a man. It might have been an elf or even a female. They couldn't really tell from behind. Chip is a dwarve with strawberry blonde hair which made him look odd. Gilinath is and elven ranger. You do the math.Gilinath had Charisma. This charisma allowed him to talk to people without much of a problem. It is also the only reason Chip talked to him in the first place.

[Edited on 22/12/2005 by Stridlas]
Natalie_Distan
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Where in Middle Earth?
on: December 22, 2005 10:29
(OOC:My character is a elf/ranger,and she's 13.That's probably not what you're lookign for though.)
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2005 11:02
((Pherphin will be the person they are following. he's in the db.))

Pherphin was hunched over on his horse with his cloak up. He could sense two rides following him. 'A dwarf,' He thought, recognizing the feel of the one. The second character gave off the same aura as his sister, Zee. He was puzzled, because he was wondering why they were following him. 'I'll give them a chase,' he thought, kicking his horse to go faster.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2005 12:56
((Natalie... feel free to join us. Welcome Superlegolas))

Gilinath had foreseen the chase to be given and right before the person on the horse started runing he said "Wait here." to Chip and started running. Chip knew what was to come so he listened. Just as gilinath was almost on his tail, the man(for male it was.) on the horse sped up. Gilinath sped up. he caught up to their tails and jumped on the back. Due to the fact that the person seemed to tense as he hoped on the guy was either uncomfortable or something."Stop the horse, we're going back for Chip. I'll explain when we get there." Gilinath whispered in the guys ear, preparing to have to make him.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2005 12:21
Pherphin drew his swords out of their sheathes, and flipped off of the horse. He landed on his feet with his swords pointed at the man's throught. "What do you want?" He asked, his hood pulled over his face. If they were robbers, he would give them a fight to remember. "State your names and your business for chasing me. And don't try anything funny, or i will not hesitate to slit your throught, and your friend's throught."

((OOC: thanks for your warm welcome!))
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2006 05:17
((mind if I join? Koto and Morko are both elves, and Koto is working for the Dark Lord (though that can be changed, either in the story or out of it).))

Koto watched from the trees--this was intensely interesting. After all, one did not often find a dwarf and an elf traveling together, much less jumping a mysterious stranger. Had he any sense of humour, he would have laughed.

"You know," he murmuered to the dark-haired elf on his right--a shady character, one whom he picked up in Bree--"They might be the ones we've been looking for."
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2006 01:51
"You ask our names and this you will get, I be Stone and this be Rivers. We are following you..." Gilinath stopped for a second as he motioned for Chip to come forward."As I was saying we were following you because it seemed like it would be fun and we wanted to meet someone interesting. We thought you might be interesting but maybe, I am begining to think I was wrong." By now the odd looking dwarf was next to him.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2006 04:40
When the dark elf did not respond, Koto made up his mind and leapt down from the tree, startling the three others. Followed by his companion, he strode up to meet them. "Greetings, travelers," he preambled. "I couldn't help but note you are on the verge of a fight--I would not advise it."
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2006 06:43
Pherphin turned on the newcomers, and trew back his hood. He glared at them all, then shrugged, and put away his swords. He leaned against a tree. "Are you with them?" He asked the newcomers. HE was wary of any sudden movements. "Well, since you told me your names, I will tell you mine. It is Pherphin." He was still puzzed by this one man's aura, but he decided not to ask about it.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2006 12:43
Koto nodded in acknowledgment of the man's introduction. "I am called Koto, and this is my companion, Daenion." He failed to say what they were doing here, or why, and that was intentional--if the others, including Daenion, knew his real business, it would go ill.

"And might I inquire as to your names, and your business?" he continued, turning to the elf and dwarf.

[Edited on 25/2/2006 by pitya]
PhoenixofWater
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2006 09:23
(hope you don't mind me joining. Katileena isn't in the db yet and i'm also using one of my friends charries)

Katileena and Raina were travelling down the road when they came across a group that looked as if they wanted to kill each other. They both approached catiously and looked at them.

"If you don't mind us asking, what is going on here?" Raina asked, growling alittle.

She was not a person to mess with. While she looked as calm as can be her hand was holding tightly to the hilt of her sword. Katileena was looking among the group to see if she knew anyone. She didn't see anyone, but then if they were trying to keep from recgonized then she wouldn't be able to tell.

"And since my friend here is being alittle rude, she didn't intorduce herself. I'm Katileena and this is Raina."
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2006 01:28
"I am Koto," the rather imposing elf replied. These two appeared to know how to handle themselves, though that never stopped him. If need be they would be crushed.

Daenion had spoken no word, trusting to Koto's voice; ever since they met back in Bree, he let the elder elf take the lead. But when he saw the calm confidence on the other women's faces, he felt the need to match it. "And I am Daenion." It felt odd, not adding, 'of Mirkwood' to his name. After all these years, the exile still hurt.
PhoenixofWater
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2006 01:59
Katileena looked at the one named Koto and nodded. Then she looked at the other one, Daenion and smirked. "I know who you are. I've heard about you, but don't worry. You're secret is safe with me."

Raina didn't look at them with the same feelings as she looked over the others. She did recgonize one from her friend Erufaelas, Pherphin, but she said nothing.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2006 10:24
Pherphin glanced at Raina, then did a double take. He gave her a look that said, don't say anything. He got back up onhis horse and brushed the others away. "If you'll exscuse me, i have some very important busness to attend to." truthfully he didn't, but he was afraid of the others finding out his secret, and he didn't trust them.

(Sry. I forgot about this one.)
PhoenixofWater
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2006 09:20
Raina nodded her head and smirked as she watched Pherphin ride away. Litheilian will want to know that I ran in him. And the fact that he ran away. But of course his secret is important to me.

Katileena was alittle uncertain about this crowd but she could not leave. She promised a friend of hers that she would find out why the Mirkwood elf, Daenion, was exiled as well as what he was willing to do to be accepted back. Litheilian, I hope you know what you're doing. But then again I trust your judgement.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2006 10:58
Pherphin stopped his horse as soon as he was out of sight of the others. He thought it was funny that noone tried to stop him from getting away. For once, he was glad his sister wasn't with him. He contemplated going back to find out about this 'Gilnath Stone'. He might be like his sister in some ways.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2006 01:33
Daenion was rather startled that Katileena knew who he was; after all, it was not often he met one who had been involved in the whole affair that got him exiled. It had been kept as secret as it could be, and his exile was known only by the King and his advisors; but if he were to show up in Mirkwood, they would know he was there. "I'm not sure I know what secret you are talking of, my lady," he addressed Katileena, adding to it a look of 'don't-say-anything'.

Koto was rather startled at Perphin's sudden disappearance, but had seen the curious glint in the elf's eyes; he knew he would be back. It suited Koto's purposes well, as did the fact that the maid--Katileena, was it?--seemed sympathetic to Daenion. Koto knew, of course, of Daenion's situation. It had been the final piece in the elf's trust Koto had won. Now he had Daenion settled comfortably in his command.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2006 11:24
Pherphin paced back and forth, then decided to follow them at a distance. 'Here goes.' He thought as he mounted and rode into the woods a little way before headed back.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 03:11
(Sorry! I haven't been on in a while!!!)

Gilinath and chip watched as all happened in front of them. Gilinath had the feeling of haveing missed something. Chip knew not to talk unless Gilinath did so first. After the conversation he didn't totally understand and the dissapearance of the one they had tracked for so long, gilinath finally said, "I am Gilinath... Gilinath Stone. This is Chip, Chip Rivers." The strawberry Blonde dwarve added this," Take nothing from our odd appearances please." Chip only said this because he felt the need to say something. They awaited any reaction...
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 10:51
Pherphin laughed to himself. He felt the disappointment of the two who had followed him. 'Don't worry.' He thought. 'You'll see me again.' He continued to watch the small group.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 07:16
"Well met, Chip and Gilinath," Koto returned, acknowledging each of them in turn. "And might I ask what I aught to take from your appearances? I daresay it's been not a while since I've seen an elf and a dwarf in the same company." It irked Koto, seeing them together--it meant the races of Middle Earth were not entirely alienated, and the work of Sauron was not as effective as it should have been.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2006 08:11
"Not much less as od looking an elf or dwarve as we." Ship said. "Eye, me what with..." Gilinath smiled, flashy his rather shiny teeth. "And me what what with the hair..."
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2006 11:35
"Indeed," Koto agreed. "And might I ask where you were going?"

"We were searching for an elf, we heard was in these parts," Daenioin added, much to Koto's chagrin.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2006 03:48
Chip looked at the elf. Gilinath looked at Chip... gilinath wondered wheather or not to tell these people their original plan. Chip looked at Gilinath who said, "Where were we going again... Lorien? or was it Rohan?" Chip caught on and said ,"I think it was Gondor... Why again?" Gilinath luaghed and said,"Just because..." Gilinath and Chip looked at the others. In unison they said, "But if you would like some company we would love to join you." It was a practiced thing they had done many times before and generally it worked.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2006 04:45
((where exactly are we?))

Koto sized them up, pausing before he acquiesced. "Good idea. Perhaps it will be more interesting with more--Daenion doesn't speak much."

At that, Daenion shifted uncomfortably.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2006 12:48
Pherphin strained his ears. Instinct told him to leave while he could, but he decided to stay. He waited patiently for the group to leave.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2006 02:53
((umm well, somewhere near a river and umm fangorn forest...))
"It would be" Gilinath smiled. "Where are you going?" Chip just chuckled as he hoped Gilinath would encourage them to get out of there soon...
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2006 01:00
Daenion sensed the pair's unease, and wasn't quite sure what to do--after all, Koto was leading, and all Daenion knew of the business it that they were looking for an elf. But then, he wasn't sure who the elf was, or what was needed from them. His--he almost thought Master, but such a choice had never been consciously made--partner kept most things to himself, which encouraged Daenion to speak. That was how he'd gotten Daenion to tell him the truth of his wanderer's ways--he wandered simply because he had no home, not anymore.

And so he kept silent, though Koto once more pulled led the conversation.

"We were travelling to Rohan," the elf said, "to visit the Lord of the Hall. I have news and a message for him. I picked up Daenion in Bree, and he's accompanied me ever since."
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2006 08:36
"Then wouldn't you have past Rohan already?" Chip asked. Chip had never been good with his geography but was almost sure te rohan lie between bree and fangorn forest. Gilinath did not confirm nor denigh his suspision of the pair and just said, " I think it wise we leave now, before something happens that nodbody would want." Gilinath was uneasy staying in this spot. he could sense that something was amiss, almost feel the intruder already. Smell his potent smell.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2006 11:15
Pherphin watched patiently. He could sense the first elf and dwarve's uneasiness. 'Get out of there,' he thought.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2006 03:07
((oh yeah--what time period is this in? has Sauron fallen?))

Koto spoke up, "As to Rohan, sir Gilinath, I would have to correct you. We are just north of the Horselords' Realm." He caught the elf's eyes shifting, looking suspiciously around. With a small smile to himself, he reassured his mind--anything that could possibly of any danger to these people would not pose any problem to him. After all, he was ranked higher in the chain than anything ill they might meet out here--the Master had appointed him so. And he had his ways of letting any underlings know it.

[Edited on 6/4/2006 by pitya]
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2006 03:15
((ummm... not sure, didn't think about that... i guess after the ring was destroyed))

"HEY!" Chip said indignatly. Gilianth smiled, "Sorry, he hates it when people call him me, as you just, intentionally or not, did." Gilinath took a deep breath. Then he inhaled through his nose. He smelt something close at hand."Either the four of us leave now or the two of us do." Gilinath did not care to properly count the groups total and motioned to himslef and chip when he said 'two of us'
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2006 05:19
Daenion sensed the others' discomfort, and he shifted nervously. "It is best we stayed together..."

Koto smiled amusedly at his companion's words, though he attempted to pretend like he agreed. "Of course. Shall we?" he gestured. As an afterthought, he added, "And I am sorry, master Gilinath, Master Chip," he nodded to each in turn, doing it right this time. "I did not intend to misname you."
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2006 03:09
((I don't know which way i am going, towards rohan right?))
"I don't rightly mind," Gilinath laughed. "Thank you," Chip said begrudgingly. Glad to be going, Gilinath took a finally look around before they walked.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 28, 2006 04:40
(Hi there everyone! I hope you don't mind me joining. Ardinlas is in the db. I recognize some ppl in here so hi again to Stridlas and Superlegolas!)

Ardinlas had been riding Shadow for a while when she came across an odd-looking group. There were a few Elves, a Man, and a Dwarf. Dhe surveyed them from a distance and waited to see where they were going before she introduced herself.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email