Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Where in Middle Earth?
on: April 30, 2006 01:07
Koto walked peacefully among the group, Daenion at his side. Several minutes of quiet unfolded, and he saw the opportunity to get more information out of them--after all, the best way to understand someone is to hear them talk. And that was his business, reading people. At least, part of his business. It was required for all the other work he did.

"So, Master Gilinath," he began, turning to the elf, "What realm do you hail from?"
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2006 02:16
"Originally, or most recantly?" Gilinath joked..."Mirkwood. My father lives there. Spent a lot of time in Gondor when was young though, but by elfian standards i am still very young."
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 01, 2006 04:40
Ardinlas heard the word "Mirkwood" spoken by one of the Elves. She ventured closer to hear their conversation. Anything said about Mirkwood, her home, was a call for Ardinlas to see what was being said. After all, it might concern her uncle, the king of Mirkwood, Thranduil.

"Originally, or most recently?" she heard. ""Mirkwood. My father lives there. Spent a lot of time in Gondor when was young though, but by elfian standards i am still very young."

Who was this? She wondered. Which of the Elves is he that speaks of Mirkwood?
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2006 09:10
Gilinath turned around to seewho was noseing in on his conversation with Koto. It was a female. "I didn't catch your name miss. Would you mind telling me?" Gilinath signaled for Chip to intice the woman to nose out of the convesation. Chip however was not paying any attention to his long time traveling compainion. Just thinking of :evil: things to do to him because he made them join this stupid traveling group.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 02, 2006 10:25
Ardinlas met the Elf's gaze evenly. "I beg pardon if I intruded upon anything, but I heard you mention Mirkwood. I am from there. I am Dinenlassé, daughter of the Man Arínar. You can call me Ardinlas. I am kin of the king of the Woodland Realm, Thranduil." She placed a hand on the blood-red hilt of her sword, Wyndfar. "As I've said, I am sorry if I intruded upon anything. I meant nothing by it."

[Edited on 5/2/2006 by Dinenlasse]
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2006 01:04
Daenion had shifted nervously at Gilinath's mention of his origin in Mirkwood, and when Ardinlas introduced herself, he sank back to edge of the group, pulling his hood up to hide his face. If she recognized him...He couldn't bear the thought of the harsh words she would have, or the brutal gazes it was sure in instigate from the others. Only Koto knew--he was the only one who hadn't looked on him with disgust.

Koto dully noted Daenion's withdrawl, taking in the tensions and comforts of the conversation--this could be used to his advantage. "I daresay a beautiful woman like yourself could ask for welcome anywhere, and receive it," he addressed Ardinlas. "But tell me, I am searching for an elf of Mirkwood--one of Thranduil's line, actually. He was seen in this area several weeks ago."
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 03, 2006 04:38
Ardinlas noted the seclusion of one of the Elves, but she turned her attention to the one that asked her the question. "Please do not bother to flatter me, sir. There is no need to. A Half-Elf is usually shunned. At least in my case. I know of no other of Thranduil's line except Legolas, and if you are seeking him, the last time I have seen him was a short while ago. He was heading back to Mirkwood, and I was just leaving. I'm sorry if there is another you seek. I can help as much as I can if you want me to." She glanced at all of the faces. "Now if I may ask, what are your names?"

[Edited on 5/4/2006 by Dinenlasse]
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2006 01:41
Pherphin recognized the woman that had just joined the group. He hadn't seen her for many a year. He led his horse near the group and approached the woman. "Ardinlas!" he called out. He hopped of of his horse and gave her a large hug. "How do you fare?" He asked, peering at her with his good eye.

((Hi Dinenlasse! Everyone, I've had to make a small character change. Pherphin as of now has a patch over his left eye. Reason being that he is already in one with Adrinalas and it makes them both flow better.))
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 04, 2006 04:39
"Pherphin!" Ardinlas cried, hugging her old friend just as tightly. "I am doing as well as can be expected. And what about you? How is your sister?" She said that lightly because she knew that Pherphin's sister was a tender topic for him. Shadow whinnied and tossed his head. The great white horse recognized Pherphin as well. "Where exactly is everyone bound?" Ardinlas asked, gesturing at the group as the friends drew apart.

superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2006 01:26
"i'm doing well, and Zedna is too. She is over in Far Harad right now." He gave her another hug. "I owe you alot. As to where the group is, I'm not sure. They ambushed me out here. But come, where are you going? I will accompany you if you like." Pherphin hated to admit it, but he had a bit of a crush on Adrinalas.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2006 02:01
Koto noted, slightly disgruntled, how friendly Giliath was with Ardinlas. He'd hoped he'd have the advantage and befriend her for purposes of his own, but it seemed that Giliath had taken that opportunity.

Daenion breathed a little better once the woman identified herself as only half-elf, yet still he felt uncomfortable: she knew Legolas. And if she knew Legolas, there was a good chance she'd heard about his banishment. And what merited it. He remained silent, trying to hide in the cluster of people.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 08, 2006 11:57
"Harad, eh? I pity those who have to fight her!" Ardinlas laughed. She felt the warmth in Pherphin's hug, and she had to try hard not to smile. She had adimired him for a while, but from afar. "I am glad you are doing well. As for me, I am bound for nowhere as of now. I am up to my old habit of wandering with no destination in sight. And what about you? Why are you out in the middle of nowhere? What have you done now?" Ardinlas said in mock seriousness, her eyes twinkling.

Ardinlas glanced around at the group again, taking in their faces. One of them was hooded so she couldn't see his face. She was tempted to ask, but she didn't want to probe into something that wasn't her business.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2006 09:50
Gilinath took careful note of everything going on around.As there was mention of destination he said, "Does anyone have a specific destination in mind? I know you mentioned Rohan... Was that where you wanted to go?" Gilinath knew of his father... but his father knw not of him. His father had left before his mother knew she was pregnant and was just returning he now knew from this strange new woman, Ardinlas."If no one has a specific destination in mind and no one has any objections we might think about traveling together. Chip and I were just wandering and would enjoy traveling with a company. Isn't that right Chip?" Upon Gilinaths adressing of the dwarve he looked at the dwarf. The dwarf made no responce, he was deeply imersed in his own thoughts."I guess he's busy..." Gilinsth made light of Chip's non-responsiveness.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2006 10:28
Koto seized the opportunity to learn more from the other elves. "We'd be glad to travel with you," he said with ease. "Daenion and I are searching for a friend, as I told you." As a side note, "He is a nephew of Thranduil's, only just come of age, I believe... He was seen in this area not two weeks ago, and it seems likely he would continue towards Rohan, to rest." In a cruel twist, he added, "Excuse my negligence, Lady Ardinlas. I am called Koto, and..." He pretended to glance around the group in search for Daenion; he already knew where he was. Spotting him in the back behind a horse, he continued, "...this is my traveling companion, Daenion. Daenion, come here."

Daenion was wary--what was Koto doing? However, he owed much to the dark-haired elf, and so he stepped forward in obedience, coming to Koto's side.

"I believe you will find much in common with him, Lady, for he knows Legolas, as well."
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 22, 2006 10:50
Ardinlas looked at Gilinath. "I have no destination right now. I would love to travel with you if your friend would allow me to; he doesn't seem too fond of company." She laughed softly. "Now to your question, Koto, is it? I know of no one who is going to Rohan, but I left Mirkwood about three months ago, so someone might have left since then. If you would tell me his name, perhaps I might know of him. As I have said, I am not sure about anyone else of being kin to Thranduil. Of course, my mother was almost unknown, and maybe Oropher had more children, but I am not certain. As I've said, I will try to help you as much as possible. And please, drop the title with me. I am no lady; nothing I've ever done could qualify me to bear such a title."

Daenion? Ardinlas thought. Why does that name sound familiar? Ardinlas shook her head in wonder. Perhaps she would find out soon.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2006 09:25
"Do not worry about him... I can take care of it... you please continue your conversation without me... when you decide on a destination finale, please take your turn to make the destination known to me." Gilinath hated trying to talk formally because he knew it would make his tongue twist. Like his tongue had just been totally twisted. He turned toward Chip. he imersed himself in conversation with the dwarf convinceing him it was best that they travel with the group, for many reasons... includeing an impending evil that Gilinath sensed and he had informed chip of a ways back on the road
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 31, 2006 10:51
Ardinlas looked at Gilinath oddly. "I hope you can," she said, placing a hand on her sword hilt.

Here everyone was, but yet, what the purpose of everyone being here? They were surrounded by grass and hills and such, but yet no one seemed to know where they were going. Their destination was undecided; perhaps they would figure that out soon.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2006 03:43
Seeing that the group had little direction, Koto offered, "Perhaps we should move towards Rohan. That is the closest place for a rest, and I believe several of us were making for there, anyway."
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2006 06:38
Pherphin narrowed his eye slightly. He didn't trust Koto or the others, but he kept silent. He trusted Adrinalas not to mention anything about his past, but he still had to be careful. 'I will talk to her alone first possible chance,' He thought.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 02, 2006 10:33
Ardinlas glanced at Pherphin and thought she would speak with him alone when the time came, but now didn't seem to be right. "Rohan sounds fine. We can see King Eomer and decide from then on, but I haven't any idea of where you were intended to go in the first place. It truly isn't my place to say."
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2006 11:03
Koto wasn't intent on seeing the king, but agreed, "Should we begin travelling, then?" Eomer had banished him, but it made little difference. He could, if it came to it, fight his way out if necessary. And if it was true Thraduil's nephew was in Rohan, it made the trip worth it.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 07, 2006 04:39
Ardinlas mounted Shadow and said, "I am ready to travel when anyone else is." She wanted to add "so I can learn more about Daenion as well," but Ardinlas didn't. She wanted to save herself some dignity at least, and outright accosting someone woudn't help matters at all.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2006 04:42
Pherphin reared his horse near Adrinalas once he had gotten on. She was one of the two people in this crowd he trusted. He tilted his head slightly, then commented, "Shall we go?"
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 07, 2006 06:38
Ardinlas laughed, and Shadow reared, wanting to run. "I'm tempted to let you go, boy," she whispered. "But then no one could catch up with us!" She would have loved nothing more than to let her horse run like the wind, without a care in the world. However, that was impossible. "I am as ready as I'll ever be," she muttered to Pherphin.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2006 01:30
The group started at a good speed, at least for those on foot. Daenion slid to the back of the group as they travelled, just far enough behind to be forgotten, but close enough to remain with it. Koto remained at the front, smiling rather amusedly to himself: he saw Daenion, and he found it hilarious.

((gonna be gone for the weekend))
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 14, 2006 05:45
(superlegolas wanted me to take care of her charrie for a while so I'm posting for both.)

Ardinlas and Pherphin rode side-by-side, catching up on what they had missed since the last time they had seen each other. Ardinlas glanced back and saw Koto smiling. "What amuses you, my friend?"

"A drink perhaps?" Pherphin murmured to Ardinlas, out of hearing of the Elf.

"I doubt it," Ardinlas replied to her friend. She turned to Koto. "Do either of you need a ride? Shadow can bear another person easily."
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2006 12:31
Koto glanced the question of his entertainment, and replied, "I am just fine walking, Ardinlas. Though perhaps Daenion would like a ride..." Looking back, he called, "Daenion!"

The elf shivered, pulling his coat around himself: what now? He made his way to the front of the group, ensuring his hood was hiding at least the details of his face.

Koto watched Daenion approach, and felt a sort of pride, as he always did when he ensnared another. "Ardinlas has offered a ride."

Looking away, Daenion shrugged, "I am pleased walking."
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2006 04:14
After a while of talking to Chip gilinath turned to face were the group had been."SHIT!" he shouted a little louder then he should have."Chip, they left without us! I should have known not to trust them! i am so gonna hurt them if i find them." Gilinath continued on like that for a good ten minutes before turning to chip and trying to figure out what their next move was.

((starting june 24 i am leaving access of a computer and won't be back till july four... you guys left with out me!!!))
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 05:57
(lol!!! Sorry!!)

Ardinlas looked back and called to Gilinath, "Come on then! We should get a move on!" Glancing at Koto and Daenion. "If you don't want to ride, that is fine, but it would make the trip easier."

Pherphin looked over Ardinlas' shoulder and attempted to get a look at Daenion's face, but it was hidden by his cloak hood. What was the reason for hiding? he wondered.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2006 07:36
((No, Its kay... its just funny))
Gilinath looked up as he heard his name being called."Oh, looks like they haven't totally left wioth out us after all, Hey Chip, let's go!" Then Gilinath hoped on his horse, pulled chip up and followed then rest of the group
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2006 04:50
Daenion was relieved when Koto turned his attention elsewhere, to Chip and Gilinath just catching up. When they did, Koto asked casually, "So tell me, how is it that an elf and a dwarf happen to be travelling together? I don't believe you ever answered me straightly."
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2006 03:38
((just a note to say that starting Saturday, I'll be gone until August 19))
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 18, 2006 03:30
Ardinlas continued to wonder about Daenion. Koto might have turned his attention elsewhere, but I haven't. She glanced back to see Chip and Gilinath catching up to them. "It is about time! I thought that you had decided to stay behind!"
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2006 02:05
((sorry I have been really really really busy lately!!!!!!!!!!!!))

"Who me? never." Gilinath said. he intentionally ignored the other's question for now. They would find out the answer to that eventually. Meanwhile it was irrelavent and unimportant and would only compromise Gilinath and Chip's mission.

((I just decided to give gilinath and chip a reason behind what they are doing...no more clues though... I am not exactly sure what it is yet so cross my fingers my idea comes soon for what the mission is))
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: September 28, 2006 11:30
Ardinlas frowned and turned to Gilinath. "Did we ever set a destination? It seems pointless to be traveling out here with no semblance of where we might be headed, at least, that is how it seems to me."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email