Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
xxrivendelldaughterxx
Council Member
Send Message
Post Rangers Travels(free, only slightly scripted, see 1st post for general idea)
on: December 27, 2005 12:15
OOC: Hello, and welcome to my 2nd rp! Well, the second one I started anyways, lol. Well, anyways, back on subject. If u want to join, you can message me to ask if u're confused about something or you can just jump right in. This rp is a general idea that there is a band of rangers traveling through Ithilien, they hear of news in the west, and go to investigate, and generally have a grand old time. There will be battles, betrayal, good fun, and tight bonds formed while on this journey. The news has just reached the ears of Laurithain, one of the female rangers...will you join her?

BIC: Laurithain Elronial sat on the grass, under her favorite tree in all of Ithilien. She looked up at the branches, listening to the chattering of chipmunks and squirrels picking the nuts. She smiled as one little gray squirrel plucked a nut right above her head and began tearing off the outer shell. It began falling on her head. She rolled her eyes and stood, brushing it off. She heard running footsteps, and turned, only to be crashed into by one of the king's messengers. "King Elessar sends news of orc sightings near the Shire! He requests you assemble a band of your rangers and investigate!!!" Laurithain, better known as Lauri, nodded, and sounded her trumpet, the trumpet that called the rangers to her. She stood, awaiting the other's arrival.

superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Rangers Travels(free, only slightly scripted, see 1st post for general idea)
on: January 03, 2006 11:34
Pherphin jumped down from the tree above her. "Yes, Lauri?"
xxrivendelldaughterxx
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Rangers Travels(free, only slightly scripted, see 1st post for general idea)
on: January 05, 2006 03:38
Laurithain jumped to see one of the rangers vault down from the tree, she stopped to catch her breath. "You scared me there! Pherphin, right? Well, I assume you heard the messenger, as you were right above him." She smiled. "Do you wish to accompany me?"
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2006 03:46
"Sorry about scaring you." he smiled, then said, "I did hear, but i didn't want to be rude. Sure I'll come. the shire is nice this time of year."
xxrivendelldaughterxx
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2006 03:52
Laurithain chuckled. "You never were one to pass up adventure, were you?" He smiled, answering what was already obvious to both of them. Laurithain nodded, then picked up her pack, slinging it over her shoulder. "We should go recruit a few more rangers, eh? Two may not be enough, depending on how many orcs there are."
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2006 01:29
There was a rustling in the bushes and Nikun appeared, leading his horse.
"Hey, Lauri, what's up? I head your trumpet. Is there a mission for us?"
He whistled and swung a rope with a piece of meat on it. A falcon came flying back to his hand. He caught her and allowed her to feed. "There you are, Cassandra" he said.
"Hello, Pherphin, did I hear something about the Shire? Is that where we're going?"
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2006 01:58
"Hullo Nikun. orcs have been sighted there." He fingered his pointy ear thoughtfully. He was thinking of his sister. "Mayhaps i could send word to my sister, and her ranger friends. They could be ready if we would need them. It's up to you, Lauri."
KeeperoftheHorses
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2006 06:25
((OOC: Hi, hope ya don’t mind if I join. Eowania should be in the database soon.))

Eowania pulled down her hood and with a sigh looked up at the bright Sun shining through the trees. From close by she heard a trumpet and stealthily made her way to Lauri.
“Hello Laurithain,” she said once she reached the group, “Why have you called us?”
Vilya_Undomiel_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2006 04:50
Tari Celebrindal galloped on Galelasa, only one of her two horses. Philip,the male horse, was in Rohan getting treated for a bad leg and shoe. She had only been a ranger for two years, when she heard a familiar horn call coming from Ithilien to gather all rangers in the vicinity. "Naro lim Galelasa," she whispered to the faithful animal. Soon she was getting close to the point of origin of the blow, she had Galelasa slow down. Soon she trotted to the group that already gathered there. "Suilad. Mas thelich baded?*" She awaited the answer.

OCC: *Greetings. Where do you intend to go?* Just so you know what that means.

[Edited on 8/1/2006 by Vilya_Undomiel_Greenleaf]
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2006 01:31
"Suilad, Tari Celebrindal, apparently there's trouble in the Shire. We must be waiting here for the rest of the group. We seem to be so spread out these days. It's just as well Lauri's got that trumpet. Perhaps we'll pick up some of the others as we get going."

Nikun then took a carrot from his pack, broke it in half and fed half to his horse. He offered the other half to Tari Celebrindal for Galelasa. Diomedes dropped the carrot on the ground and then ate it. Meanwhile Cassandra ruffled her feathers and glared in her usual haughty manner.

superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2006 11:34
"Even if we are spread out, I will not leave Lauri alone." He smiled at her, His eyes twinkling in teasing laughter.
Vilya_Undomiel_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2006 01:17
"Thank you very much," she said accepting the piece of carrot. She slid off Galelasa, and gave her the carrot. She walked over to Cassandra (hoping to make a friend) and soothed the ruffled feathers and gave her some seeds from her recent trip to Rohan. Then she silently awaited the others arrivals.
xxrivendelldaughterxx
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2006 02:33
Laurithain smiled at how fast the group was forming. "Well, then, seems we are getting more arrivals every moment!" she said, laughing. She looked at the hawk. "Not all of them are human, mind you." she said, grinning. "Oh, and Pherphin, it would be very wise to summon your sister. WE need all the hlp we can get." She turned to Nikun. "You have a falcon, she is beautiful. Me, personally, I have a red tailed hawk. I don't know where he is, though, he should be nearby." She let out a whistle, then called "Elwe!" and looked up, waiting for a reply. Soon, a hawk's cry echoed, and it dove out of the sky. It slowed, flapping it's wings to position itself, then plopped down on Lauri's shoulder. "There you are Elwe. What kept you?" she asked it, stroking it's dark head. It eyed the group, then began preening as she turned to greet the others. "Greetings, Tari and Eowania. And Nikun, good to see you." She noticed his falcon ruffling it's feathers. "You too." It seemed content and was silent. Elwe shifted his weight, eyeing the other falcon. Laurithain picke dout a piece of dried meat and put it near his beak, he took it and devoured it. She looked around. "I will be brief while I say why you have been called. Orcs. They were sighted near the Shire a few days past, and as Rangers, it is our job to see to it that they go no further than...anywhere. They have aroused fear among the halflings, who sent word to us. That is where we come in. We intend to go and destroy the orcs if they are there still, if not, we will track them until we catch them. I need a large group, though I highly doubt there are many orcs."
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2006 12:12
Pherphin nodded, and pulled out a scrap of parchment. He quickly scribbled a note on it and handed it to the messenger. "They are due north and East of here last I saw. Get this to her as quick as you can." He then looked at Lauri, and smiled. "Let's go kill some orc," he said, eagerly.
KeeperoftheHorses
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2006 05:25
Eowania called to her horse, Linte, and he came trotting up. She pet him on the forehead and looked around wondering when they would get going.
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2006 01:12
Nikun tightened up Diomedes' girth, fastened his pack and swung himself into the saddle.

"Yes, Pherphin, you're right. Time to get going. Let's go kill some orc! The halflings are good at looking after themselves but King Elessar knows them well and if he thinks they're in danger we should be there to help."

Cassandra shook herself then settled onto Nikun's wrist before glaring round at the others. Nikun smiled at his falcon. "The problem with you, my girl, is that you think you are descended from Thorondor. However, you are a falcon and much easier to carry into battle. You still scare the orcs though. I'll never forget the expression on the face of that orc the last time Lauri led us into a battle, nor the noise he made. An eagle couldn't have done a better job."
xxrivendelldaughterxx
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2006 04:08
Laurithain sensed the other's urgency, and announced that they would be leaving. She mounted her horse swiftly, accidentally forgetting Elwe was on her shoulder. He flapped his wings, trying to regain his balance, and glared crossly at Laurithain. "Sorry, Elwe." She handed him a piece of meat, and watched as the others mounted. "We ride to the Shire." She turned her horse west, then gently gave him a kick. "Pherphin, your sister will have to catch up, hopefully she will know where we are." Laurithain turned forward, and began cantering through the trees towards the western borders of Ithilien.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2006 10:48
Pherphin whistled, and his horse came running. His horse slowed down only long enough for Pherphin to jump on. "Lauri, i'm sure she will know where we are going." He scratched his ear. "We should meet up in a couple of days."
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2006 01:50
As they moved off, Nikun steadied Diomedes. "No point in wearing out the horses too fast, my friends" he said. "We've a long way to go. Besides that, it seems that even though most of Saruman's uruks were destroyed, there have been some reports of the creatures roaming the wild. We need to keep alert. Pherphin, has your sister come across them at all?"

Nikun remembered a previous encounter with an uruk. It had been a hard fight. He had taken several wounds. Fortunately, the uruk's blade had not been poisoned. In the end, he had won the fight, striking off the creature's head. It had been his introduction to Laurithain's band of Rangers. They had found him and one of them had cleaned and bound up the wounds.

superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2006 03:36
"Do you mean 'has she fought them'? but, yes, she has. That was when she and I had our own band of rangers." Pherphin scratched his ear again. "She now has a scar on her face. I do believe you have met her before." He had a huge scar on his side that shone pale from the same incident.

Pherphin looked behind them. He saw a group of people far off, which he thought might be his sister and her group, but he kept silent about it.

xxrivendelldaughterxx
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2006 05:19
Laurithain smiled back at the group. "We have a long way to ride, so find the most comfortable sitting position on the saddle." She looked ahead, and saw a small group of people. She looked back at Pherphin, their eyes met. "Is that someone you know? Your sister, perhaps? If so, we should meet up with them."
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2006 09:27
Nikun followed Laurithain's glance. He too could see the group. Pherphin's sister and her band were strangers to him. He tried to count how many were there. For the task ahead of them Lauri's group seemed very small, especially as it seemed that some of the band had not heard her trumpet.
Pherphin had told the group of his sister and her band. She seemed fearless and he was looking forward to meeting her.
Cassandra seemed unsettled. Nikun wondered if she could sense something. Perhaps it was nothing more than her wish to fly, perhaps she had seen a coney.
"Laurithain," he said, "Cassandra seems unsettled about something. I can let her fly but we may have to wait whilst she returns. Does Elwe sense something also? Maybe there are coneys about. Maybe something else."
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2006 06:32
Pherphin looked at Lauri for a second before answering. "Perhaps." He went back to scratching his ear, deep in thought. For some reason, when he was troubled by something, he always scratched his ear, even if they didn't itch. He wasn't sure if they would arrive in time to be of any help.
xxrivendelldaughterxx
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2006 12:43
Laurithain smiled, and nodded to Nikun. Elwe was shifting his feet nervously on her shoulder, something he only did when eager or anxious. "Nikun, I agree, Elwe seems anxious, and not in the normal way as in his desire to hunt. We should release them for a few minutes, see what happens." As Nikun released Cassandra, she lifted Elwe near her face. She whispered silently to Elwe, "Now, my boy, let us see what is wrong. Find what it is that worries you, and mark it." She lifted her arm and he flew into the air, towards the distant group. She turned to Pherphin. "Pherphin...are you sure that's your sister? I mean...they could be...spies. Yes, I know I sound strangely apprehensive, but with this new evil about, one can never be sure." Her voice trailed off as she saw Elwe soaring high above the heads of the group they had spotted. He screeched, indicating danger. Laurithain turned to the group. "Either those are spies, or something waits to ambush that group of travelers. We should not approach noticeably, I say we follow quietly and watch." Laurithain felt something, a chill down her spine. She whirled her horse around and fired an arrow into the bush behind her, barely missing Pherphin, who was sitting there on his horse. He looked at her in question, and a yell was heard from in the bush, and cursing in black speech. "ORCS!" screamed Lauri. She fitted another arrow to her string, and out of the woods from behind the group far off that they had seen more orcs poured. "Pherphin, your sister! They need help! There's safety in numbers, run for their group everyone!" Lauri took off a a dead gallop towards the group, which was only about 300 yards from where they were. She heard soft thuds following, and could only hope it was her band, not more orcs.
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2006 01:54
As the ride started Nikun quickly removed Cassandra's hood and released her. "Fly my pretty. There is your prey." The falcon soared into the sky and circled. He trusted that she would concentrate on the orcs and not spot a small animal and decide to take that.
Nikun dug his heels into Diomedes' sides and the horse surged forward, confident in his rider.
They rode fast, following Laurithain in her charge towards the orcs. As he rode he released his sword in its scabbard, ready to draw it when required. His knives were ready. He was concernd about the orcs that might be behind them but knew the band must stick together. It had sounded as if there was only one orc hidden in the bush and Lauri's arrow had found him. He wondered if he should have thrown a knife into the bush, just to be certain. However, it was too late now; to turn and throw at this speed and this distance would be unlikely to hit an orc and could risk one of his companions. Their enemy now lay ahead and that was where he must concentrate.
The hawks were circling above the orcs. He saw an orc take aim and fire into the air, clearly hoping to shoot down one of the birds. Cassandra and Elwe were far too swift to be taken by an arrow fired by an orc. He saw Cassandra dive, Elwe following. "She swoops, she swoops!" he cried, watching the birds dive at the orcs, talons extended. The orc's companion's shot went wide as he tried to protect his eyes from the beaks and talons of the two hawks. The other orcs were already in confusion. Laurithain's shot at their scout had drwn them out of hiding before their ambush was fully prepared and now they were faced with these two fierce birds.
The riders charged on, drawing their swords and ready to meet the orc band.

[Edited on 26/2/2006 by Hainima]
xxrivendelldaughterxx
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2006 05:05
Laurithain bit her lip to prevent herself from yelling as Elwe dove after Cassandra. He dug his talons into the face of a nearby orc, and flew upward. The orc covered his face, yelling. Blood came from the wounds. Elwe dove at another, pecking him mercilessly. Laurithain reached the edge of the orc group, and with her sword drawn, charged through. She hewed a path for the others to follow, but the orcs replenished, and seemed to keep coming. They poured from the trees, surrounding the other group. Laurithain hewed a path through, and looked back, seeing the others following, striking down orcs. Laurithain finally reached the other group, and charged in a circle around them, hewing the orcs back from the ever widening circle. The group now had ten feet at least between them and the orcs, and Laurithain continued to spiral outwards. She did not look behind her, but it seemed as though another had taken up her duty as well, and was hewing them back behind her. She continued, then rode to the center, and looked to see who her helper was.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2006 04:04
Pherphin kicked his horse, urging her to go faster. he was determined to make it to the other group, now that he saw that it was his sister's. He reared his horse up to her, and galloped next to her. they quickly nodded at each other, than started discussing stragy.

"we should lead them into a corner, then attack them," suggested Zee, eager for battle.

Pherphin shook his head, "That won't work, they number more than both our groups together."

"Well, i would rather die nobly, in battle, than in shame while retreating." She shot back. She dodged an arrow that was headed straight for her face.

"WE cannot go on like this!" Pherphin yelled back at her, then pulled his horse away from her, so he would have more room to fight the orcs. He hopped down of his horse, His two swordsflashing.

While Pherphin moved to the ground, Zee spotted someone infront of her. It was Lauri, but she didn't know that. She started hewing down the orcs around her that were heading for Lauri.

((You can check ou Zee in the db.))
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2006 09:09
Meanwhile Nikun was in the midst of the orc band, slashing at them with his sword. Diomedes had already trampled one orc who had failed to get out of the way of his hooves. Nikun and Diomedes had total trust in one another. Nikun kept the lightest touch on the reins, just enough to maintain contact with the horse's mouth. He controlled Diomedes with his legs. If necessary he could knot the reins and draw one of his knives. Cassandra could, and would, take care of herself. Whilst there was meat for her, she would be there. One day, perhaps, she would not return but would go her own way, free again.

He cleaved a path through the orcs to join Laurithain and Zee in the space they had created before circling with them, driving the remaining orcs away from Zee's band.

Several orcs lay dead but it was clear that not all the Rangers were unhurt. Nikun felt an orc blade cut his boot, scraping his leg. He swung his sword down and the orc's sword arm fell to the ground. The orc shrieked. The second blow took off his head.

They circled round, striking the orcs, striving to drive them off, trying to scatter them and then pursue them. If only they had more members of the band.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2006 09:22

Pherphin's horse lay dead behind him. A little bit of blood was trickling down his brow into his left eye, which was shut. The orcs were closing in around him, and he was finding it harder and harder to fight them off.

---

Zee fought her way up to Lauri, and stood back-to-back with her. "There are too many." She stated simply. "We must try to make o run for it, or we all shall perish."
xxrivendelldaughterxx
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2006 04:03
Laurithain nodded. "Retreat is the only option, we must hurry!"
She looked at Pherphin. "Jump up on my horse, I see you are wounded." Laurithain sat forward as Pherphin climbed up. Suddenly, she gave a cry. She reached back towards a fiery pain shooting through her side. She touched it, and looked at her hand. Blood. Pherphin sat behind her, but she turned to him. "I...I am wounded. I cannot be the head rider in my condition. Will you?" At a nod from him, she dismounted quickly and jumped up behind him, wincing, hot tears trying to force their way down her face. She held a cloth to her side, and yelled to the group to retreat.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2006 11:10
Pherphin urged Lauri's horse faster. Zee yelled to her rangers, and they started running. Some horses had been lost, along with some men. Some of Lauri's rangers rode double with Zee's rangers. Pherphin's eye was throbbing, and he was dizzy, but he fought out. He knew that he would probally lose all sight in his left eye, but right now he was more concerned about getting Lauri out alive.
Vilya_Undomiel_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2006 12:52
Tari urged Galelasa into the fight. She killed orc after orc, watching them die was a pleasure, but seeing her fellow rangers was not. One of the other horses went down, she was saddened. She grew up mostly in Rohan, so losing the precious animal was a pang of hurt she didn't want to feel just then. She slashed her sword and held on as Galelasa came down hard on several orcs tearing them apart with her special poison tipped spiked bracelets just above her hooves. Just as she was killing several more orcs she her the call for retreat. Before she followed she killed the orcs that were around her and helped the other rangers get away to the retreating leaders. She manuevered herself into the seat to a point where she was riding backwards. She shot arrows at rapid fire. Just because they were retreating didn't mean she would all together stop fighting.
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2006 10:37
Nikun hadn't noticed the bracelets Galelasa wore round her fetlocks. He made a mental note not to let Diomedes get too close. He had seen horses lash out at their companions and didn't want to lose his horse to a sudden kick.

Bringing his mind back to the task in hand he continued trying to force his way out through the press of orcs. This was ridiculous, they were nowhere near the Shire; why hadn't they been aware of this troop. If they survived this then Lauri would have to spare one of the band or, perhaps, one of Zee's band, to ride to Minas Tirith and let King Elessar know that orc bands were much closer than he'd thought.

He saw one of Zee's rangers struggling in a fight with an orc. The man had fallen from his horse and was clearly suffering from several wounds. In addition, it looked as if he had injured his arm or shoulder, probably in the fall. Steadying Diomedes, Nikun reached a hand down and pulled the other ranger up behind him before urging Diomedes back to a gallop and following Lauri and Pherphin.

"Can you hold on, my friend?" he shouted to the other ranger. There was no answer but a slight tug on his jerkin reassured him that his passenger had some strength left, even if only enough to stay on the horse's back. All being well, there would be time later to see how badly the man was injured and find out his name. Meanwhile they had to get away from the orcs.

He had sheathed his knife but kept his sword in his hand. They had out-distanced the orcs by this time but there was still the risk of pursuit ... or more orcs.

Tari Celebrindal was beside them, still firing arrows back at the orcs. "Save them, Tari. Even for you they're out of range now. We may well need your arrows later."

There was no sign of Cassandra. Nikun hoped the falcon had escaped. This was the problem with her; she would often disappear after a battle. So far she had always returned after an hour or so. Would they be able to wait for her this time?
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2006 06:20
Pherphin gimiced in pain. He was now certain that he would never see out of his eye. When they had gotten away far enough to be safe, Pherphin signaled to the others to slow down, he had to meet with his sister to figure out how many of the men they lost. He looked around the group for his sister. 'Where could she be?' he wondered. He pulled his horse near Tari. "Tari, take Lauri on your horse. I'm going back to find my sister." He helped Lauri onto the ground, and galloped off, back towards the place the battle had taken place.

When he got nearby, he spotted his sister's horse. Zee was lying nearby. Ther were no wisible wounds, and she appeared to only be knocked out.

When he returned to the group with her infront of him on the horse, the blood from his wound was mostly scabbed up, but there was alot of blood on his face. Several of Zee's ranger's crowded around him, and asked if there was anything that they could do to help. He just shook his head silently.

(explanation of what happened to Zee; her horse got shot down, and she got thrown, and hit her head on a rock. Hope that's okay.)
xxrivendelldaughterxx
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2006 05:39
Now that the group had reached a safe place, Laurithain dismounted off Tari's horse. She walked to Pherphin, and for the first time realized he was more wounded than she. She looked at him. "What happened?" He explained. She grimaced at the sight of the wound. She reached towards it and gently touched it, he winced.

"It seems serious. I don't know if you will regain sight, it seemed that it hit you pretty hard. I have some training in elven herbs and their uses, and how to concoct remedies. I believe I can find something that will help." She instructed him to sit, and she ran off quickly to the edge of the group, who were dismounting and tying their horses, and rushing to aid the wounded Zee and other members of their party.

Laurithain searched the ground, then she saw it. A little green plant with yellowish-white blossoms. She picked it out of the ground, and looked at the roots. She nodded to herself, and hurried back to the wounded Pherphin. She cut off the roots, and taking out a bowl, squeezed their juice into it. She poured some water from her pouch into the pulp, and mixed it. "This should help with the pain, though I daresay it'll sting like fire at first. It will disinfect the wound, then I am going to try to find some herbs that will help your eye heal and restore your eyesight."

She dipped a torn piece of cloth into the mixture, and told him to put his head back. She pressed the cloth on and held it there for a few moments before releasing. The cloth was now stained dark red. His face was swollen around the eye, a dark purple bruise caused the eye to swell shut. The cut above was not too deep, but she inspected it to make sure there was no poison. She then dipped a clean cloth in and told him to rinse his face gently, and that she would be back. She ran off again.

She soon found what she was looking for, a moss that grew in the forest. She cut some with her dagger. She then looked for a few minutes before coming upon the second of the three ingredients. A tree sapling whose bark had healing powers. She peeled some off, only a little, and then walked back to the camp. She suddenly realized she had forgotten something, but when she heard a crunch under her foot, she knew she had found it. She reached down and picked up a nut that she had walked on. She put it in her carrying pouch, and went back to camp. She crushed these things, and made a paste. She took some on her hand, and walked to Pherphin. Nikun sat by him. She spoke softly. "This should help reduce the swelling, and it will assist the healing." She gently rubbed some paste around the swollen eye. She spoke again. "Leave this on until I return. I am going to check on Zee." He jumped up to follow her, but she told him to stay put. She hurried over the unconscious Zee, but she was now conscious, rubbing her forehead and looking around.

She then realized that she had forgotten about Elwe. She whistled shrilly, then yelled his name up into the air. He came flying rapidly back to her, and alighted on her shoulder gracefully, rubbing his proud head against her face.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email