Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
Post take me as i am (open)
on: March 17, 2006 01:46
Given the situation, Garaf could hardly have done any differently. After all, it was the barmaid's fault she tripped and spilled his drink, and his instant reaction to curse rather loudly in surprise after she'd dumped hot soup in his lap. It was her own fault she got fired, it was none of his affair.

However, it was the last straw with his sister. Being thrown out of one's own home is not a particularly rewarding experience, nor a very pleasant one, but he endured it. In the end, Garaf was stuck in the Prancing Pony, waiting for something, anything to happen.

It wasn't very exciting. Bree in the winter was dull at best--no travelers to speak of (at least none of interest), no to be found, and at the moment, no horses for sale. It was enough to drive a lad crazy. I must speak with Lara to see if Butterbur is willing to sell a horse, he reminded himself. Maybe Barliman would have a mount. Anything to get him out of here.

[Edited on 17/3/2006 by pitya]
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: take me as i am (open)
on: March 17, 2006 03:53
((Yeah!! first pick in charries. ok if I'm Lara?))

Lara lived on her own in the back of the Prancing Pony. Her skin was really pale, and her hair was a dark brown, which contrasted against her green eyes. She didn't talk much to anyone, so noone knew who she was. Garaf being the exception. She worked for Butterbur, doing random odd jobs around the inn, but it was normally late at night. She didn't like hanging around during the day.

At about 10:00, Lara came out and got to her job, clearing away mugs, without sayiing a word to anyone, but the regulars were used to that.
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2006 10:46
((Okay if I join? Hitthen's in the DB))

Hitthen bounded into the Prancing Pony, sitting at the bar next to a man who looked very deep in thought ((Okay if that's Garaf?)). He wiped some muddy rain water out of his ginger hair and ordered a drink.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2006 06:02
Lara brought it without even acknowledging she heard him. She placed it infront of him, and went back to wiping the counter. Her brown hair fell infront of her face, hiding her from everyone. That was her way, and nothing was going to change it. She had been doing it for years, and she would probally not change. She stopped wiping the table, and went into the kitchen. THere she saw some breadcrust on a small plate, which she knew Butterbur had saved for her. She picked it up, and carried it to a table, where she could eat it in peace. She was almost done when someone came and disturbed her.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2006 03:11
"Alone again, Lara?" Garaf questioned lightly, sitting across from her. Noting the breadcrust, "Doesn't Barliman give you any better than that?"

When the maid said nothing, merely shrugged, he continued.

"I'm looking for a horse--no one else seems to have a mount for sale. I don't suppose you know if Butterbur would?"
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2006 11:22
Lara looked up at him in confusion. She picked up her plate and motioned for him to follow her into the kitchen. She spoke slowly and roughly, the words feeling strange in her mouth. "He does...have one. Why...Do you need...it?"
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2006 06:58
Garaf smiled slightly at her awkwardness--every usual knew Lara, though she never spoke. Actually hearing words out of her mouth was odd, though not distasteful. She had a pretty voice. "My sister finally threw me into the streets. I wish to leave, and go somewhere."

She gave him a look, as of 'where?'.

"I don't exactly know where...I guess I'll find out when I get the horse. How much do you suppose he wants for it?"

Briefly he wondered about the stranger who'd sat next to him before he'd spoken to Lara.
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2006 10:45
Hitthen looked at the man next to him and couldn't help but smile.

"I'm leaving Bree tomorrow, where are you headed? I have two horses, one's for baggage ans stuff but you're welcome to use him."
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 10:45
Lara jumped at the other man's voice. She hadn't seen him sit down. She studied him for a second before drawing a number on the table with her finger. She looked up at him expectantly. She felt a little embarresed at the way she thought she must have sounded. She hadn't spoken a word for as long as she had worked for Butterbur, and here she had just spoken two sentences. It felt good to talk again, and her gaze flickkered from Garaf to the new man.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 07:27
Reading the number Lara drew on the table, Garaf half-smiled. "Really? He'd charge that much?" Turning to the other man, he tried, "I'd be much abliged to you, if I could. I don't really have any place to go, and nowhere to come home to, so I'm willing to travel in any direction..." Realizing he had no idea who this stranger was, he paused briefly. "I'm Garaf."
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2006 10:48
Lara grabbed Garaf's arm. "I want...to come." She let go and blushed. She hadn't meant to sound so eager. "I'm...Sorry." She remembered that it was this same eagerness that had caused her to be in her persent situation. 'If only I had never made those mistakes,' she thought. She was glad noone here knew why she was the way she was.
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2006 10:55
"Hitthen." he replied, shaking the man's hand. "I'm heading for Rohan... but I should warn you that I like side-tracks and things like that."

Hitthen looked at the girl. "Hey, you're Lara right? You're welcome to come too, I don't mind."
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2006 12:28
Lara nodded. "When we...leaving?" She looked around, making sure that Butterbur hadn't heard her. She knew she would have to pack her few things, and steal a horse.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2006 05:04
Garaf was rather pleased with the way things were turning out--he was finally getting out of Bree. And going to Rohan. A ranger friend of his had told him stories of the Horselords, and Garaf was thoroughly eager to meet them. "I'm ready as soon as you are," he told Hitthen.
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2006 12:37
"Tomorrow morning good for you?" Asked Hitthen, nodding to Lara and Garaf.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2006 05:27
Lara nodded, and got up from the table. She went back to her room, and put her few things in a pack. She then proceded into the kitchen and found a couple of freshly baked loaves of bread. She slid two into a bag, which she put into her pack. She then carried it back into the main room, and sat back down at the table. it had only taken her a few minutes and she was soon back with the men. She smiled innocently as she held her small pack up.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2006 11:34
"Right then," Garaf acknowledged Lara, smiling slightly at her display. "Tomorrow morning it is. At the stables?"

"Okay," Hitthen agreed.

The next morning, Garaf stood waiting in the stableyard, pulling his cloak tight against the fog. He hadn't told anyone he was leaving--better to just go and be done with it.
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2006 12:57
"Morning!" shoured Hitthen merrily as he strolled into the stables. He had his sword in his hand and was swinging it around in a circle, making the horses very wary.
Hitthen sheathed his sword when he reached his horse and jumped on it's back.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2006 05:28
Lara slipped into the stables quietly. She was wearing the same clothes that she was wearing the night before, except she had a cloak. But she had no weapon by her side. She looked around until she found the horse she was looking for. She approached it quietly, and Put the tack of the horse. She strapped her pack onto the horse and got on, then she mounted. She smiled at the men. "This should be...fun." Last night she had practised talking, and it wasn't as halting as it was before.
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2006 12:10
"We all ready?" asked Hitthen excitedly. He flicked his ginger hair out of his face and made the horse charge straight into a dead run, he was out of Bree within seconds.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2006 02:41
Lara followed at the pace for awhile, but it had been years since she had ridden a horse, and she wasn't as good at it as she used to be. She started to lag behind, but she tried her hardest to keep up.
Celebrian_Celeborniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2006 10:20
((Mind if I join?))

Astra whiped her hands slowly on her apron, her eyes looking out the only window in thier small dwelling. Her husband came around the corner, smiling at her.
"How are you my pretty?" he asked, clearly drunk. She rolled her eyes and brushed brown hair out of her face. One hand strayed out and grabbed her cloak.
"I'm going out. Goodbye," she said, leaving. She walked down the street. She could never aford a horse, yet she needed to get out of there.
A large, friendly looking grey mare stood outside The Prancing Pony. She walked up to it, clucking softly, gently stroking it's grey coat. "How are you, you are a beautiful creature. Will you consent to bare me?" she asked quietly. The mare swivled her ears, and Astra caught sight of an unsigtly scar marring the mare's coat.
"Are you as willing to leave as I am?" she said softly, mounting the mare.
"Hey! That is my horse!" a voice cried.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2006 04:32
"Hey, that's my horse!" Garaf cried, running up to the woman atop the mare Hitthen had given him--he wasn't too pleased about that one, but if it got him out of here, then hey, he wouldn't complain. However, now a strange woman was taking it. "Get off!" he barked sternly. He was already behind the others.
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2006 05:28
Hitthen's sharp ears picked up the sound of Garaf shouting.

"Get off!" He turned his horse around, he could see the Lara behind him had stopped when he had. Trotting back in through the town gates, Hitthen saw that his Elven ears had not betrayed him.

"Hey, what's taking so long?"
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2006 12:46
Lara took in the scene with wide eyes. She was confused by what she saw. She hadn't been outside the pony often, nd all those times were at night. She had no clue how people acted. She watched to see what would happen.
Celebrian_Celeborniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2006 08:48
"It's Bree, you shouldn't leave your horse alone. I'll pay you," she lied, "but I want this mare, besides," she added when the horse tired to bite him, "she really doen't like you. Or can't you tell?" she grinned impishly. Brushing brown strands of hair out of her face she frowned. "I don't have much of value, just a necklace and a bracelet, and I won't part with the necklace."
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2006 10:07
"Well she's my horse and I don't want to part with her." said Hitthen flatly. He reached over and patted the horse's face, she whinnied in affection back.
Celebrian_Celeborniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2006 03:14
Astra sighed and swung off, there were other horses to steal, after all.
"Fine, you may have your mare," she swung off gracefully and handed the reins to Garaf, watching in amusment as the horse laid her ears back. "I wouldn't recommend riding her for overly long though," she said. She stood there and watched, then saw the girl, the girl from...the inn. The quiet one. What was she doing here, it didn't make much sense.
"Lara, what are you doing here?" she asked gently.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2006 07:40
Lara jumped, then looked down ashamed. "I go...with." She wrung her hands togehther, and looked at Garaf and Hitthen. When they did nothing, tears came to her eyes. "No tell...please." She looked sadly at Astra.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2006 12:50
Lara's tears stirred a sever protectiveness in Garaf's chest. "Now look here," he barked to Astra, "I don't know who you think you are, wandering around stealing horses and accosting women, but you'd better turn your tail before you offend someone overmuch." So saying, he took the horse's reins, daring her to oppose him. He'd had enough of obstinate, arrogant women--that's why he was leaving.

[Edited on 2/4/2006 by pitya]
Celebrian_Celeborniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2006 02:09
Astra was about to reply when a loud voice cut through the night.
"Woman! There you are, you haven't made me my meal yet!" her husband roared. Astra visibly stiffend.
"Go home, now," she said quietly, "I will be back soon!"
"No. YOU come home now. Woman, move it. I want dinner, right now!" he barked. Astra blushed, than paled, her hand clenched into fists. She could not believe him. He was right in front of her now.
"What's this, replacing me, are we?" he growled, raising a hand. The sharp slap sent her stumbling backwards and into one of the men. She hurriedly gathered herself and met his gase.
"Please go home Jaron. I will be back soon," she said again.
His eyes narrowed as he moved foward.
"I do not think so, woman."
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2006 08:14
Lara wiped her tears away when the new man came. She had seen him at the Pony before, and she knew he was violent. She jumped down from her horse and stood in-between Astra and the man. She had no weapon, but she would not let the man hurt Astra. "You won't touch her." Lara said, not realizing that she had just strung a whole sentance together with no breaks.l
Celebrian_Celeborniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2006 10:01
Astra shuddered for a second but regathered her courage.
"Lara, get behind me, I would not see him hurt you," she whispered fearcily. The girl did not move.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2006 11:20
Lara glared at the man and held her ground. She was scared, but she didn't let it show. She had been beaten before, so she knew that after awhile, she wouldn't feel it. "If you're gonna hurt her, you have to hurt me first."

(Yea!!! my charrie's gonna get beat up. (maybe))
Celebrian_Celeborniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2006 02:43
Astra tried to move her away. Realzing that the girl wasn't going to move she stepped out from behind her. "I will see you at home. Bye Lara, thank you. Sorry about your horse sirs," she said softly, ducking her head. Mentally she berated herself, what was it about this man that did that to her?
"Jaron, please, leave her be," she begged the man when she realized he was still waithing the girl.

((your choice, he can beeat her up if you want, lol))
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email