Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Taur_othar
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: take me as i am (open)
on: July 18, 2006 06:32
((Yeah, they haven't combined yet. And I'm going to be gone too after today until august 6th or so. I might be able to post once around the 27th, but don't count on it))

Taur suddenly stiffened, and put up a hand. Nar was immediately silent from his chomping and slurping that usually accompanied his meals. It didn't take much effort for her to spot two of the mortals from the group that they'd been following. A curse started growing in her throat, until she remembered grudgingly that this is what they wanted to happen, to be found. It made her grumpy, but she hid any emotion she might have as most elves do. She didn't want to upset either Nar or Elyma. They may be perceptive when it came to her moods, but she was an elf all the same.

"Good ev'ning travelers" She called out "Who are you and where do you hail from?"
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2006 05:52
Lara observed them without saying a word. She glanced over at Garaf then back to the people. She decided it bes tfor Garaf to do the tlaking in this case, or atleast to show her how he was going to react to this.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2006 12:40
Elyma saw Garaf heading towards Taur's camp with a strange girl. 'Oh, not another one!! What is with him and girls?' she thought. When Taur called out to them, Elyma thought she was going to strangle Taur. "What are you doing?" she hissed.
"Are you mad? That is my brother!!! He is still angry with me for making him leave. He thinks I am the most unsympathetic and mean person in the world. He will probably try to hurt me!!" Even though she wanted to find him, to apologize to him, she was still scared. It was then when her water broke.

[Edited on 7/19/2006 by Aravis17]
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2006 03:52
((Sorry I haven't posted for so long))

Hitthen awoke to the sound of someone walking past him. He looked up to see Lara and Garaf walking off somewhere. He stumbled slowly after them, rubbing sleep out of his eyes and grumbling under his breath as he always did when he woke up.

They stopped at another camp.

"Good ev'ning travelers" She called out "Who are you and where do you hail from?"

Hitthen caught up with the two as the Elven woman spoke these words. When Lara simply looked to Garaf and back at the Elf, Hitthen spoke instead.

"Err, hello. I'm Hitthen and this is Garaf and Lara. Who might you be?"
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2006 01:02
Garaf answered Hitthen instead, and his voice was less than warm. "It's my sister." Then he looked to his sibling--she seemed to be panicking. "Now what!"
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2006 11:49
"Thank you for your cold welcome, Garaf, but I actually came to apologize for my coldness. I got tired of you, as all siblings do. I am sorry. I hope you will forgive me. I also hope everybody knows that I am in labor!!" Everyone rushed to Elyma.

Garaf held back. He wasn't sure if he wanted to forgive Elyma.

Elyma was very calm for a woman in labor, and Taur used her elvish healing medicine to help her along. It was a boy.

Taur named the baby. "I name this baby, Adan. It means "man" in Sindarin." She handed the baby back to Elyma and Jeorm, who proceeded to show Adan to Hyrisa and Anyle.

[Edited on 7/22/2006 by Aravis17]
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2006 05:33
Garaf was more than hesitant at his sister's apology. After all, she hadn't seemed simply tired of him when she kicked him out. Or when she called him a lazy good-for-nothing. Or when she told him never to come back.

And she was having another baby: what was her deal with children? Garaf personally couldn't stand the things, and couldn't understand why her sister would want another one. Had he stepped back, he would have seen that he was merely being fueled by his anger and resentment--after all, he'd had fun with his nieces--but right now, that didn't matter.

"Creative," he growled at Taur. "You think of that one yourself?"

[Edited on 24/7/2006 by pitya]
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2006 04:50
"Garaf, what is wrong? I said I was sorry. I had a lot on my mind. And for your information, Taur had picked out that name for when we had a boy. I told her she could."

Elyma didn't understand what Garaf's problem was. He seemed as if he couldn't believe he was having another child. It was only her third. She had been planning to have three cihildren. Garaf fancied multiple girls, and never settled down. Yet, she forgave him for that, and apologized for making him leave her home. She was shocked to learn something new about her brother, whom she thought she knew everything about. He held grudges.

[Edited on 7/24/2006 by Aravis17]
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2006 04:58
Garaf was angered by her reasonable, simple answer: how could she just say that?

"What's wrong is that you couldn't just leave me be--first you push me out and now you're running back? Saying you're sorry?...I mean, put yourself in my position: you older sister calls you lazy and good-for-nothing, and kicks you out, then when you finally leave like she's been wanting you to for years, she hunts you down with an apology. Just because you're pregnant--were pregnant--isn't an excuse."
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2006 02:23
"Fine. I didn't know you held grudges, Garaf, but if that's how you want to be; you don't want to forgive the only blood relative you have left, then that's fine! I apologized, and I don't need to feel guilty anymore! If you want to wallow in your self-pity for the rest of your life, that's not my problem. I really am sorry," Elyma snapped, hurt by her brother's words. She thought he had changed, she honestly thought he had. But he had remained the same, ungrateful, snobbish...wait. She apologized, didn't she? If she wanted a clear conscience, she needed to stop having these negative thoughts. Maybe something was going on that she didn't understand.

Elyma overheard Taur talking to Hitthen and Lara (She had finally learned the girl's name), and overheard something about "combining groups." Elyma shook her head. She was sure she heard wrong. Join camps with her unforgiving brother? What were they thinking?
Taur_othar
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2006 07:15
Taur approached the other elf quietly. With him was that Lara girl. She nodded her head to them when they noticed her and tried to look somewhat friendly. Seeing the other elf had made her a bit more comfortable around the new people, but it didn't seem like he was from where she was.
"As you may know my name is Taur" she said softly "My partner and I had an idea that maybe our travelling parties could combine" She jerked her head in the direction of the travel worn, scuffed up Nar, who was studying Lara from where he was sitting.
Nice looking lass he thought, and smiled at them.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2006 12:54
Garaf didn't like the idea--joining with his sister?

He glanced over to Taur's companion, seeing the look he was giving Lara. Strangely, he felt angered by it. But he had no time to think the feeling out, because Taur was giving him a look of her own.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2006 02:21
An oliphaunt. That's what trampled her mother. She had been out with Elyma, journeying the countryside, when an Easterling on an oliphaunt appeared out of no where and trampled Elyma's mother, who was a few yards ahead.

Elyma didn't care how rude, insensitive, or unforgiving she or her brother were. She still cared for him inside, and was never, ever going to let what happened to their mother happen to him. Or his companions. If they were meant to join camps, and Elyma was meant to help protect them, so be it. Even her children (except the baby) knew how to fight if need be. And they nor their uncle hated each other.

In fact, Hyrisa ran to her uncle now. She still recognized him. Elyma didn't try to stop her from hugging him. She wanted to see his reaction.
Taur_othar
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2006 03:36
Taur studied Garaf. She had known the man, distantly, and he hadn't seemed so bad so far. Mortals were prone to change, she had learned that from the ones she had made friends with, and he couldn't be all bad.
She didn't like the way he suddenly flared up when he noticed Nar smiling at Lara. But as she thought about it more deeply, a slow smile came to her face, maybe one could even call it a wicked smile. Nar wasn't interested in Lara romantically, Taur knew that without even thinking. The goofy mortal had a lady friend over in Laketown that he was head over heels for. The lady ignored him of course, but there wasn't much of a chance Lara would have the man's heart unless something drastic happened. It seemed Garaf didn't know this though, and Taur almost chuckled out loud.
Mortals, some of them may be a bit disgusting, but they're darn fun to watch she thought with more amusement and chuckled. She saw Garaf looking at her, and gave him a wicked grin. This trip was bound to be interesting.
"Shall we combine or not?" she said, keeping down her laughter.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2006 12:02
Garaf was trying to read Taur's face when he was suddenly hit by a small body--Hyrisa was clinging to his legs. He contemplated the thought of brushing her aside, but passed it. After all, she had nothing to do with the struggle between his mother and him. So he patted her head, trying to acknowledge her without completely giving in to her desire for attention.

"Shall we combine or not?"

Garaf knew what his input would be, as did everyone else, so he kept quiet.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2006 12:48
Elyma decided it wouldn't be too bad to join groups. It seemed as if Garaf would put up with her kids, and he didn't seem angry with them. Besides, she was only trying to get to Edoras, and they were halfway towards it. When they passed it, she would break away, and she wouldn't have to be near her brother anymore. In the meantime, she would be polite if her kids were around. No sense making them hate their uncle because of her problem.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 05:27
In the end, the camps joined by popular consensus; tents were set up, and the wagon, in a ring, and a fire was started. Garaf opted to have the next watch, and as he set out on a rock, back to the now larger company readying for sleep, he tried to focus on the little sounds, the creek, the insects in the grass, the leaves rustling. It was calmer out here, in the shadows, and he could think in peace for the first time since his sister showed up... Why had she done that? He still couldn't understand it.

He heard soft footsteps behind him, and turned to find Hitten approaching.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 09:52
(thanks guys.)

Lara sat outside of her tent, too tired to move. She knew she should go into the tent, but for some reason, she felt very uncomfortable with this many people around. Sure, she was getting used to it, but it was still very weird. try as she might, she would probable never open up to alot of people. she started to hum an old song that she had learned as a young girl, soon after coming to the north;

'Men cenuva fánë cirya
métima hrestallo círa,
i fairi nécë
ringa súmaryassë
ve maiwi yaimië?

Man tiruva fána cirya,
wilwarin wilwa,
ëar-celumessen
rámainen elvië
ëar falastala,
winga hlápula
rámar sisílala,
cálë fifírula?

Man hlaruva rávëa súrë
ve tauri lillassië,
ninqui carcar yarra
isilmë ilcalassë,
isilmë pícalassë,
isilmë lantalassë
ve loicolícuma;
raumo nurrua,
undumë rúma?

Man cenuva lumbor ahosta
Menel acúna
ruxal' ambonnar,
ëar amortala,
undumë hácala,
enwina lúmë
elenillor pella
talta-taltala
atalantië mindonnar?

Man tiruva rácina cirya
ondolissë mornë
nu fanyarë rúcina,
anar púrëa tihta
axor ilcalannar
métim' auressë?
Man cenuva métim' andúnë?'

(English Translation:

Who shall see a white ship
leave the last shore,
the pale phantoms
in her cold bosom
like gulls wailing?

Who shall heed a white ship,
vague as a butterfly,
in the flowing sea
on wings like stars,
the sea surging,
the foam blowing,
the wings shining,
the light fading?

Who shall hear the wind roaring
like leaves of forests;
the white rocks snarling
in the moon gleaming,
in the moon waning,
in the moon falling
a corpse-candle;
the storm mumbling,
the abyss moving?

Who shall see the clouds gather,
the heavens bending
upon crumbling hills,
the sea heaving,
the abyss yawning,
the old darkness
beyond the stars
falling
upon fallen towers?

Who shall heed a broken ship
on the black rocks
under broken skies,
a bleared sun blinking
on bones gleaming
in the last morning?
Who shall see the last evening?)

((edit: i forgot to mention that the poem is in Quenya.))

[Edited on 8/22/2006 by superlegolas]
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 03:54
Garaf was about to speak up when he heard someone singing--someone with good voice, a female voice. Both men looked back to the camp, and after a moment Garaf rose, following the melody; he didn't see if Hitthen followed.

Stepping into the camp, Garaf saw Lara sitting outside her tent: she was the singer. He did not understand the words spoken, but something in it was almost implied, as if it needed no words to be conveyed, and the language flowed smoothly from her lips--it sounded almost divine. Puzzled brows knit in confusion and curiosity; he waited, watching her sing as he tried with everything in him to understand, until her voice fell into silence. There was a brief pause, hanging on the edge of the world as he realized that, in all the confusion, he'd lost sight of his friend and the truth of her past--he'd missed her; then the lad stepped forward. "...Lara?"
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2006 01:27
Lara jerked. "Garaf. I did not see you coming."Lara looked to the side. She didn't want him to see the yearning in her eyes. How, when her whole world was changing, was Garaf able to be the one person she could open up completely to?

(Sry it's short. Possibile Garaf - Lara romance?)
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2006 05:04
((can't say i'm very good at romances; i'd be willing to give it a shot))

The startled, almost embarassed look in Lara's eyes confused Garaf--"...I didn't mean to surprise you..." Growing bolder, he stepped forward, trying to break the barrier of awkwardness; "I did not know you could sing..."

She continued to remain silent, almost taciturn, and Garaf made a decision. Sitting down at her side, he asked, "That...It sounded...well, almost...elvish." Not that he'd had much experience with such things. Bree was not the place to learn of elves; dwarves, hobbits, even the arcane rangers, but not elves.

[Edited on 6/9/2006 by pitya]
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2006 06:18
((That's okay. I don't think i am either, but that's what has seemed to be going on from previous poosts. Besides, there's always a first time for everything.))

Lara shrugged her shoulders. "It's Quenya. I learned the song shortly after coming to the NOrth." She rested her head on Garaf's shoulder. "It helped me to deal with my world as it was falling apart before me." She prayed that that didn't sound dumb to him.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2006 05:33
((fair enough))

Lara's head on his shoulder startled Garaf--he wasn't expecting it. Although, it felt rather nice; treading indecision, he finally slipped an arm around her waist in an attempt to comfort. "...I can't even tell what it means..." he gave, trying to remain in homeostasis; "...Who taught it to you? Surely you were not taken in by elves!"

[Edited on 11/9/2006 by pitya]
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2006 11:01
Lara laughed slightly. "No, But when you never settle down for about five years, you pick up on alot of things. I learned alot, including the language." Lara looked up at him. "I wasnt' able to speak the common tounge before coming here."
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2006 10:34
((hello!!! is this still going?))
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2006 08:37
ooc: i'm sorry, apparently this thread is being ignored, like my thread, journey to greenwood)

ic: The day was young, and Elyma was walking briskly towards her children, who were playing dangerously near a river. She took them away from it, and packed up her blankets. The others were preparing to move on, and she was not going to be left behind because of her children. Jeorm awoke sleepily.
"What's goin' on?" he asked groggily.
"We are about to be left behind, that's what's going on," she said quickly, and yanked the covers off of her husband. He walked down to the river to splash his face, and then, when he was properly awake, collected Anyle and Hyrisa and saddled the horse to the "carriage". Elyma gently picked up Adan, who was still sleeping, and climbed in behind Jeorm. He urged the horse into a trot, just in time to catch up and maintain a pace by everyone else.
"There's room for two more people, if anyone else doesn't feel like riding a horse all day," Jeorm offered to the group.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2006 10:26
((well, I'm glad to know others are still interested. I have to wait for pitya to post before I can, though.))
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2006 11:15
Thanks!

*pushes the pause button*

just until we can find someone to take her character. I'll post a want ad.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email