Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
netholas_son_of_legolas1
Council Member
Send Message
Post Weird eating habits?
on: April 04, 2006 11:49
Does anyone have any weird eating habits? I've recently picked up the habit of eating bread and butter all the time. Literally if I see a loaf of bread I just have to reach for the butter. It really is sad and I must stop. I used to have an obsession for raisins when I had my exams too but got over that pretty quickly.

What about you?

Oh and don't you hate it when you say you like something so your mum goes out and buys it every week until you're sick of it? Then you tell her and you never see it again ever? That is sooo annoying...

[Edited on 4/4/2006 by netholas_son_of_legolas1]
Drauglin
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Weird eating habits?
on: April 06, 2006 02:02
lol. I have to rotate wich lunchmeats i buy, or else i'll get tired of them. my only weird habit of eatign is that i eat VERY SLOW. at a resteraunt, I'm always taking small bites and chewing thoroughly while friends and family scarf down their meals super fast and then complain of a stomach ache.
well, i guess things like sliced cheese on pie, or pork rolls, might be considered weird to others.
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2006 09:41
I can only seem to eat my meal in sections. Say I have three different foods on my plate. I have to eat each food one at a time in a circle. I also can't stand it when certain foods are touching each other either. Yeah, I know I'm wierd.
Lurearanel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2006 03:38
I put catsup on macaroni and cheese, especially the box made kind since it almost tastes like the cardboard it comes in. I put way too much cream and sugar in my coffee and most people ask me if I want a little coffee with my cream and sugar, lol. I have to eat a slice of pizza point first. It just can't be done the other way around!
Drauglin
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2006 06:18
People who eat the crust first are the weirdos. And people who throw their crusts away! You're wasting pizza!
Anoria_Miriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2006 01:00
Hey, I eat the crust first! I admit it is a stupid way to do it though, because all the topping ends up sliding off the point.
I also always eat bread with nothing on it. I eat it at Breakfast and sometimes at lunch too. My mum thinks its really weird, and keeps suggesting different things I could put on it.

[Edited on 14/4/2006 by Anoria_Miriel]
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2006 01:34
I also eat one thing at a time on my plate. I can't stand to mix them up when eating - they can be touching, however.
My weird thing is that I will always smell anything before I eat or drink it.
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: April 17, 2006 12:28
Hey, smelling your food isn't stupid, Evenstar! You never know whay may be lurking in the depths of your dishes . . . *conspiracy theorist going overboard*
My weird eating habit is when I have toast in the morning, I always douse it in this stuff called nutritional yeast. It's really flaky and buttery, and tastes delicious on popcorn and toast. Also, I almost never completely clean my plate. There's always a few pieces of food left on it.
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2006 09:16
Also, I almost never completely clean my plate. There's always a few pieces of food left on it.

Hey, I do that too! No matter how hungry I am I never eat everything on the plate.
Celedë_Anthaas
Stargazer of Ithilien
Send Message
on: April 18, 2006 02:10
I eat frozen vegetables:drool: Most people think that's slightly odd *lol*

I also always eat bread with nothing on it. I eat it at Breakfast and sometimes at lunch too.
I do that sometimes as well
Sirthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2006 12:11
I can't eat in the mornings... I have to be up and about for at least three hours before I can even think about food. Which means that I always have a napsack with me.

But strange food: my wife finds me strange when I go get esaprgus and eat them from the can... a bad habit according to her since she hastes them
fogriipus
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 18, 2006 11:47
I was thinking I don't have many weird eating habits (why I read and write it like habbits all the time nowadays?) but after reading about yours I realized I might have some

I also eat my food in sections, and take only very small bites (even to the amusement of others), so I eat quite slow. I like to drink this buttermilk we have (uh, it's not butter and milk but that's what the dictionary says) instead of milk (because I don't like milk). People drink it where I come from, but in the area where I now live they use it only same way as yoghurt. And, I put yoghurt (and sometimes also cereals) in a drinking glass, but I don't drink it but eat it with a spoon. :rolleyes: I often first eat my food without drinking anything and after I've finished my meal then drink. I've also oddly started to like mushrooms a lot lately...

Some foods I like to eat but I know many people hate, are for example olives, blue cheese (and other kinds of cheese), garlic, mustard, chili, and some weird traditional foods (like mämmi here)...

[Edited on 19/4/2006 by fogriipus]
immersive
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2006 03:35
My mom does that as well. She'll hear me mention something I like, and since I'm picky she buys it each time she gets groceries. Finally I tell her that I've had enough of eating it and no one else likes it, so just buy it every so often, and she doesn't buy it again. No happy middle ground.

I have to tap the top of my soda can three times before I can open it and drink it, and I can't eat broken crackers.
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2006 03:57
Ha! I also tap on the top of my soda cans three times! That's so random.
Lurearanel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2006 03:00
I often first eat my food without drinking anything and after I've finished my meal then drink.

I do that because my husband had the habit and I picked it up.
I use to eat a spoonfull of peanut butter that I had made a small trench in and filled with chocolate syrup. (when I was a kid)
When I have oatmeal I like to dip my toast into it.
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2006 09:09
I've also been taken to eating bagels with butter and then dipping them into my cappuccino, but that's not too weird.
asleepingvision
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2006 06:22
I have a few odd eating habits.

- sprinkle sugar on tomatoes
- I usually hate peanut butter, but I love it with apples. (try it!)
- Tabasco sauce goes on EVERYTHING savory.
- For all pasta and noodle dishes except for ramen, I eat one noodle at a time.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2006 05:49
Weird eating habits? Sure.

I have omlets w/ olives, mushrooms, cheese, etc. wrapped in a tortilla and drenched inside/out with salsa.
I eat cooked pasta with butter and salt.
I pick&eat the pizza toppings first.
I won't touch cereal.
I melt mini marshmellows w/chocolate chips.
I eat cheese and mustard sandwiches only on white bread.
Oh and don't you hate it when you say you like something so your mum goes out and buys it every week until you're sick of it? Then you tell her and you never see it again ever? That is sooo annoying...

Yes! I absolutley hate it when that happens!
Meshigener
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 06:19
Not so much an eating habbit, but i smell and inspect all dishes, glasses and cutlery before i will use it. I also eat really fast... i eat like i'm in the army or i like i have somewhere to be.
darkfey9
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2006 02:04
Hmm, I rub glasses on my shirt and blow on them before pouring anything into them, and I lick all the cheese and sauce and stuff off pizza before eating it. Everyone tells me this is really gross.
Tyrhael
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2006 08:30
I love root beer and sharp cheddar cheese together.
I put sweet basil on almost anything (soup, salad, pizza, pasta, buttered toast, rolls, bagels, etc.)
I can't eat before going to school or I'll be majorly sick (something to do with stress levels).
I love orange soda but find it to be really artificial-tasting, and my stomach seems to agree.
I put either sweet basil and cheese and croutons in my tomato soup, or cinnamon.
I usually eat my cereal dry, but I'm finding I'm starting to have milk with it... I liked the milk there was when I was in France, but I can't stand the milk here in the US.
I love coffee-flavored milk.
I like to put two packets of hot-chocolate-stuff in when I make hot chocolate.
I love sour cream, especially on pierogies or kugeli.
Ataralassë_Manveri
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2006 02:52
- I put butter and sugar, and more sugar on my rice.
- I add sugar to my hot chocolate.
- When I make hot tea, I use two bags instead of one.
- When I get yeast rolls at restaurants, I'll eat the middle out of it, leaving the bread as a shell. Then I stuff it with my sides. Mashed potatoes, green beans, whatever.
- I'll fill a small glass with vanilla ice cream, then put some chocolate syrup on it, and mix it up a bit. Then I'll pour pepsi on it and make a sort of float. When I've eaten about half of it, I'll pour on even more pepsi and just drink it like a shake.
- I've salted bread before. Just smashed up regular sandwich bread and salted the heck out of it.
- I peel all the toppings off my pizza before I eat it, even if I like what's on it.
- You know those corn chips, Fritos? Somedays I like them, others I can't stand them. It's weird. Same with Bugles.

I'm sure I have more, but I can't think of any right now.
Ataralassë_Manveri
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2006 02:54
People who eat the crust first are the weirdos. And people who throw their crusts away! You're wasting pizza!

Not if you think it tastes like dirt.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2007 10:49
I lick all the cheese and sauce and stuff off pizza before eating it. Everyone tells me this is really gross.

I do that all the time

And about the whole sniffing food before you eat it thing, I do that all the time with foods that I have never tried before. My theory is that if I don't like how it smells, I won't like how it tastes and so far it has been correct I also can never eat spaghetti 'properly', as my mum put it. I have to slurp it up, instead of rolling it around my fork. I can do it that way, better than most people, but it tastes so much better when you slurp it. Because of this, I am repeatedly told that I am not being ladylike. Grr. Getting off-topic....Anyway, I don't know if that counts as weird but all the same
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2011 01:40
I don't like to look at my food while I eat. I also have a phobia of eating food shaped like people or animals.
Andowen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2011 05:03
I'm another one who doesn't mix food - I don't mind most things touching my my plate but I eat each one separately.

I also eat in a certain order - I'll eat my second favourite first, then work down to my least favourite, then eat my favourite thing last so that it's something to look forward to after my least favourite.
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: October 02, 2011 02:53
I think I'm similar, Andowen!

I almost always eat my food in order... like, I'll even turn the plate. I like to save my most favorite food for last (which is usually a side).

I saw pizza mentioned above... I don't like most cheese, so I TAKE IT OFF. Most people are horrified. I just... don't like it. I leave on all the sauce (the more the better) and try to peel the toppings off the cheese and put them back on, then sprinkle on some parmesan cheese. It's quite a process and means it takes me forever to eat pizza, but my favorite one at home is really simple and everything comes right apart.

I live on my own so I really miss my mom buying my favorite foods for me. You don't realize how much you miss it until you don't have it anymore, so be grateful for it while it lasts! My care boxes and visits home are the most wonderful things ever. :love:
SongofNimrodel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2011 10:28
All my eating habits are weird... I'm too picky.
I do eat popcorn every day, though. And i never get the least tired of it. I don't think i could do that with any other food.
Think it's possible to become addicted to popcorn, if you eat it every day?
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: November 14, 2011 09:29
Hmmm reading all of these reminded me of some that I didn't realize was a weird habit...but I totally do it!

~Food can't touch each other, and must be eaten clockwise on my plate.
~I eat donuts with a fork...it's less messy, but people look at me weird when I do it.
~I can't eat anything with lettuce in it. like...at all. If a little bit of lettuce makes its way onto my food at a restaurant i have to send it back cuz I can taste the lettuce and the food is spoiled to me. Same with pickles, tomatoes, and onions on cheeseburgers. Can't just pick it off if they don't leave it off cuz I can taste everything still.
~I eat my cheeseburger's plain...like we're talking meat, chz, and bun...that's it!!!
~Can. not. stand. mustard!!!
~I can dip anything in gravy...and think its amazeballs.
~I usually drink more than I eat in one sitting...like if I'm eating out I have to get 2 or 3 refills.
~I absolutely refuse to eat peas, pickles, spinach, black-eyed peas, lettuce, tomatoes, au gratin potatoes, onions, bell peppers, anything with cabbage, hominy, and celery.

and I think that's it! lol feels good letting mah freak flag fly!
Sponge Fighting Instructor, and Keeper of the Llamas for the Realm of Nessa! "Dance hard, laugh loud, and never misplace your sponge"
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Weird eating habits?
on: May 23, 2012 05:22
As a general rule I dislike anything healthy.
Some kind of fruits are okay, most vegetables are totally not. Salad or whole/sliced tomatoes are something of a horror vision to me. Frankly, I'd rather starve. On accord of all rules of what is supposed to be healthy I should either be dead or obese by now.
In an ideal world I'd live off beef, chocolate and coffee.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2012 11:08
I will eat ANY food that is put in front of me. (well with a few exceptions like, seaweed and... umm.... well i can't think of anything else right now) but i like almost ALL vegetables, like, celery, lettuce, tomatoes (but they have to be homegrown)
carrots, onions are all right, spinach, kale, PO-TA-TOES; Boil 'em, mash 'em stick 'em in a stew. (the list goes ever on, and on...)
All fruits (especially Apples!), I LOVE soup! (well making soup, but then eating it of course! ) Homemade hamburgers, PIZZA, tacos (YUM! ) homebaked bread... oh and as for a (possibly?) weird eating habit, at our house we eat pretty fast, though one of my brothers and i usually finish first
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2012 03:59
I LOVE fruits and vegetables!! *love* I could live off of them!
I don't know if these are really strange, but oh well...
- Whenever I have Rice Crispies cereal, I load on like three big scoops of sugar. I don't know why, but I just can't help it! (<3 sugar)
- I normally don't care that much if things on the plate touch, but if it touches my salad... That's another story...
- sometimes I have trouble remembering to use my fork. I always do in public, but at home I keep using my hands... My parents tell me it's very impolite and that I have to learn how to eat at a table properly. *sigh*

By the way... Hot sauce may taste good on just about EVERYTHING, but I've learned that hard way that it does not taste quite as good on ice cream!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
JMBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2012 03:31
I'll really eat almost anything, just not fruit (except for berries) I don't know why. For some reason, they leave a horrible aftertaste for me.

Leoflic, I'll eat the seaweed... I love sushi. And all other seafood dishes.

I eat a giant bowl of popcorn literally every day when I come home from school. It's about a foot across. It's so good. I usually have it with a big glass of milk.

I eat so much; I really don't know how I stay such a twig lol.
Image"Our God is a Lord of angels and of men... and of elves." -J.R.R. Tolkien
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2012 04:06
Yes, JMB. And that giant bowl of popcorn is a WONDERFUL way to torture someone with braces! :evil:
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2012 04:42
I have braces, and I would eat 2 bowls of popcorn that size!
Heeheehee!!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email