Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
~Witch_Queen_of_Angmar~
Queen of the Dark Nine
Send Message
Post Your favourite scene in TTT
on: December 20, 2002 09:31
Ok, so what was the best part(s)? Which scenes gave you the adrenaline kick?

My favourite parts were, in no specific order, many. It was many main parts that were good, but I realy got cought up in some of these small(er) ones;

* the shot of the entire Tower of Barad Dúr, with they Eye on top and Mount Doom in the distance
* all those litle funny scenes with Gollum
* mainly all scenes where you could get a glimps of Haldir :love: (though the death scene was the sadest, I loved every second)
* every Nazgúl scene (wonder why..)
* the explosion at Helm's Deep and Théodens look (priceless! )
* Aragorn tossing Gimli ("don't tell the elf!" LOL)
* all those funny scenes between Legolas and Gimli
* Gandalf throwing the cloak in Meduseld, showing that he was no longer grey. Powerful!
* Gandalf and the 3 runners galopping from Fangorn to Edoras.

Well, that was just a few of many favourites.. Still there was one thing that made the movie what it is: The music!!!!!

[Edited on 5/2/2003 by ~Witch_Queen_of_Angmar~]
Ladyhawke
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Your favourite scene in TTT
on: December 20, 2002 04:13
How is it possible to choose a favourite when everything in the movie is so wonderful?:love:
I have to agree with everything you said.
But if I had to pick one... Hmmmm...
Probably Gollum's first conversation with himself. It was wonderful. Gollum was everything I expected he would be and more.
tracy
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2002 11:37
-gollum singing the fish song

-gimli telling Aragorn to toss him

-gollum having the argument with his alter ego

-when frodo turns on sam with his sword, very good acting

-when hildar dies

-when the ents storm isnguard

-when sam tells frodo that maybe they'll be in a story some
day, a great part from the book

-when elrond tries to convice erwen to leave middle earth

-when frodo falls into the dead marshes

i actually liked how they added arwen in the movie they made it seem like there was this strong force supporting aragorn

and i realise some of the things i liked are actually parts other people disliked.
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2002 01:07
I saw TTT last night yay! I know there have been alot of changes from page to screen, which has upset lots of people but it didn't put my back up too much. But theres no way anyone can say that the movie wasn't amazing. here are some of my best moments

-Gollum arguing with Smeagol

-Elijah wood just done some amazing acting with Frodo's transformation

- The fight scene realism, and all round classy action

- I liked how they were able to a show more of the characters interaction with each other. Like Aragorn with Eowyn and Arwen, Elrond with Arwen, Gimli and Legolas bond of friendship

-I also loved the fact they showed Aragorns death

-Gimli's one liners. People are upset bout that but I thought it was very Gimli why should they have been all doom and gloom before the battle. I know I would be cracking jokes with buddies if I have some thing that scary to face

Oh gosh I really can't pick parts. I thought the acting was amazing and I like the way they handled the 3 split stories.
OlorinTheWhite
Wandering Istari
Send Message
on: December 21, 2002 03:35
I thought that scene with Sam talking in the end about the stories and with like the battle of Helm's deep still going on and the attack on Isengard was a really good scene I liked it alot and the music was great. I also liked the Nazgul scene cuz they're cool and I liked the scene with Gandalf and the riders of Rohan coming down the hillside. Although I hafta admit sometimes in the movie like with all the horses and the score it felt like I was watching a Western! lol
Tookishbliss
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2002 06:56
I loved Merry and Pippin's escape but too bad there couldn't have been more to it.

Also loved their first meeting with Treebeard, which I also hated x_X cause I wanted to kill Treebeard for trying to crush my babies to death!! lol
Lady-Arwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 21, 2002 07:35
Oh goodness! I agree it's hard to pick favorite parts!

--I too liked the Character interaction, though I was specifically partial to the Legolas/Aragorn stuff! There were some especially funny lines there (You're late...you look terrible!) and of course there were many significant looks like when he hands Aragorn the Evenstar back.

--I also really liked Gimli's funny lines! I felt they were very fitting and never seemed out of place or glib. And I really needed a laugh at times in this movie.

--I also really liked Eomer! Karl Urban did a great job and I liked the way his character came out so balanced. I especially liked the scene with him and sister together. It was very well done. It's only too bad we couldn't have seen more of him.

--Casting Saruman's spell off Theoden. YES I know most people didn't like this scene. But it was very tactfully done, I feel, and it also managed to resolve the situation without having to explain a lot of back story. If you recall in the book they had to do A LOT of talking during that scene, I was impressed that they were able to come up with a much simpler way of doing it.

--Eowyn's reaction to her uncle's recovery! That was such a sweet scene!

--Sam and Frodo talking about whether they'll ever be in tales! I was SO happy they left this in from the book!

--Aragorn coming through the doors in Helm's Deep. OKAY this WAS in the trailer! But no matter how many times I see it I will ALWAYS like the way that scene played!

I liked a lot more stuff too, but I won't get into all of it now
Elbereth_Jones
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2002 07:55
OK well this is hard so I'll just pick a few.

- The first scene where we see Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli doing the tracking. I was like, YES! I was just so excited and the music was gorgeous.

- The Entmoot scene- I didn't like it quite as much as in the books but all the parts with the Ents were still awesome, particularly the last one where Treebeard decides to join the war after all.

- the first couple scenes in which we see Eowyn ie the scene with the displaced people of Rohan which shows her compassionate side and then soon after the one where she yells at Wormtongue that "Your words are poison!" and storms out- her feisty side.

- Gimli with the warg, then an orc or two or maybe another Warg (can't remember) piled on top of him. Actually all the Gimli humor was great, I thought.

- scene between Arwen and Elrond. I was so moved. :cry:

- the scenes where Eowyn is looking at Aragorn who's holding the Evenstar pendant. I felt so bad for her!

-Helm's Deep- absolutely awesome, was on the edge of my seat half the time and the other half I was bouncing around wanting to yell Elbereth! and then go charge all those nasty orcs on the screen.

- Ents destroying Isengard. Go Ents!
pipsqueak
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 21, 2002 08:11
I wanted to kill Treebeard for trying to crush my babies to death!! lol
*whispers* pop cans...

I liked all their parts...they needed MUCH more...but especially the part where Merry tells Pippin "There won't be a shire, pippin"....eek, scary.
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: December 21, 2002 09:39
1) Sméagol sings the Fishy Song

2) The Entmoot

3) Gimli at Helm's Deep

4) Sméagol conquers Gollum

5) the FELLBEAST!!!!!!!!!

[edited to say: seeing it last night, the parts that I was most looking forward to was the last march of the Ents - the music is breathtaking - and to my own surprise: the quarrel between Legolas and Aragorn... for some reason I liked it a lot this time]

[Edited on 3/1/2003 by Figwit]
~flipped~
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2002 09:47
I liked a lot of scenes. Here's some of my favorites:

The part at Helm's Deep where Legolas was shooting arrows at the Uruk-Hai while sliding down the steps on what looked like a shield.

When Legolas and Gimli were keeping track of how many Uruk-Hai they had killed.

When the Ents attacked Isengard.

When Eomer and his men surrounded Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli, Eomer said he'd chop Gimli's head off if it wasn't so close to the ground and Legolas drew his bow and said "you'd die before your stroke fell"

[Edited on 21/12/2002 by ~flipped~]
SadisticYoda
Danger to Mankind
Send Message
on: December 21, 2002 03:55
I also liked a few particullar scenes from the film.
The Riders of Rohan and the Orc/Warg charge scene: Fighting on horseback seems to appeal to me

Theoden and Aragorn's final Charge in Helm's deep: An epic scene, mostly because of the great music that went with it.

Finnaly, Gollum's Scitzophrentic(Spelling) conversation: Very well done and entertaning
AerynJade
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2002 12:05
My fav was Legolas sliding down the stairs on that shield shooting his bow the whole way!

And Galdalf riding Shadowfax down the hill towards Helms Deep-that was soooo incredible and stunning!
Toon
Former Giant Three Headed Dog
Send Message
on: December 30, 2002 06:01
Any part with Grima Wormtongue... Especially that part where Saruman and he step onto the balcony of Orthanc... That tear...! It's very very hard to think of anyone but Brad Dourif to play that part.

And that shot of Barad-dur (thanx for reminding me Queenie), I was sitting in the theatre, and the camera "flew" towards Barad-dur and I just thought: "ok if I were them I would soooo fly the camera around the tower real slow, that would be awesome..." Mr. Jackson, please please please allow me to change sex and have your baby!

And everything in the beginning, just before Frodo wakes up, ie the camera around the mountain, you hear Gandalf, and the camera just flies right in and follows Gandalf and the Balrog.
Lollypop
Air Hostess of Gwaihir
Send Message
on: December 30, 2002 07:53
Any scene with Elrond or Galadriel... sorry, am I being too obvious..?

But honestly I did like that scene where Elrond tells about Arwen's fate after the death of Aragorn the best! She walking in the dying Lórien nearly made me cry.

Also, my lovely eFiance Toon would like to add to his favs that shot of Frodo pointing the knife at Sam...

Parmadur
The Happy Pariah
Send Message
on: December 30, 2002 10:28
My favorite of all of them is when Treebeard says, "My business is with Isengard tonight," and all of the Ents emerge from the forest. The choral music in the background is so beautiful and it compliments the mood so well as they begin to march.

Also, when Faramir lets the hobbits go. Not only is he exceptionally beautiful, but that's the first (and only) real glimpse into the type of man he really is.

Agreed with Toon - any scene with Wormtongue in it was great, though he's especially great in the beginning: "Why do you lay these troubles on an already troubled mind?"
Tookishbliss
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2002 10:45
My favorite of all of them is when Treebeard says, "My business is with Isengard tonight," and all of the Ents emerge from the forest. The choral music in the background is so beautiful and it compliments the mood so well as they begin to march.

YES, you have no idea how many times I've been playing "Isengard Unleashed" on my soundtrack just to hear that music....it fits so well with the scene, and that was one of my favs too =D
BigAl
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2002 10:48
oooooohh, I like the part when Gandalf comes with all the riders and they just charge into the battle - great! Also Shadowfax is a beautiful horse. I also thought the music was brilliant, not distracting but fitted and work perfectly with the action on screen.
Simbelmyne
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 30, 2002 11:00
I loved all the parts Arwen did... Hey! Stop pelting me with rotten tomatoes!

And I also liked the scene with Aragorn on his deathbed - even though it made me cry! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

And Helm's Deep ROCKED!

And obviously, any scene with Aragorn, Legolas or Frodo in! :drool::drool::drool::drool:

I also liked the first scene, with the shot of the mountains and the echoing as you got nearer where the fellowship were.

Eowyn did some cool stuff as well - she was GREAT!
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2002 11:09
I enjoyed the random close-ups of Barad-Dur and Isengard and ofcourse, Orthanc.

I also loved the warg-riders! very fun! and in the beginning, all the bits and pieces of saruman wandering around in the taverns of isengard..
I also found the blackgate and the marching easterlings to be rather orgasmic, so great!

and helmsdeep, especially the olympic torchbearing orc.

and ofcourse, ALL the Orc scenes (except the flooding of isengard.. that made me teary eyed..)
Ainulindale
Last Homely Housekeeper
& Gallery Shirriff

Send Message
on: December 30, 2002 09:37
I quite liked the orc scenes with Merry and Pippin before the uruk hai chopped off the orcs head.

But my FAVOURITE part of all time is... Shadowfax!!

When Gandalf whistled and this great beautiful white horse came up, my heart just leapt and i felt like jumping up in the middle of the theatre. the music accompanying shadowfax was so moving as well. Everyone in the cinema sort of went 'whoa....' and my eyes were getting teary.

My heart was still beating so fast even a few minutes after he galloped up. This scene beats every Legolas and Pippin scene, though it pains me to say so!

Even when i watched the movie the fourth time i had the same reaction. No other horse i see again will ever be as beautiful!!!
flare
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2002 08:22
One of my favorite sceen is when Haldir comes with his elf army. Another sceen is when Gimli and Legolas are trying to beat each other at how many Orcs they've killed.
Sadime
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2003 12:19
I liked the scene where the elves show up at Helm's Deep and the speech the Haldir gave. I have not particular reason for liking this scene, I just thought it was a really great scene.
Lollypop
Air Hostess of Gwaihir
Send Message
on: January 01, 2003 12:39
Hehehe, as I told Toon the last time I posted here, I'll be machine gunning this thread... I'm sorry but I can think of my favourite scenes only 1 at a time (I've told you my mind works slowly!)...

Another of my favs was the elves coming to Helm's Deep. At first, when I heard about the scene I was furious, I hate it when they change stuff from the books, but when I actually saw it I got shivers, it was SO good!
~Witch_Queen_of_Angmar~
Queen of the Dark Nine
Send Message
on: January 01, 2003 01:21
Just came back from my 4th time seeing TTT :love:
And I have some more favourite scenes to add!
(still in no specific order..)

- Herbs and stewed Rabbit scene! It was sooo funny when Sam was making food, and Gollum was blabering about how he ruined the rabbits and all that PO-TA-TOES stuff ROFLOL!

- When Frodo, Sam and Gollum reaches the Black Gate, and the Easterlings aproach. The music, the setting, the whole emotion in that scene just gave me goosebumps.

- When Faramir released the Hobbits and Gollum in Osgiliath. Ohh...so sad... :cry: Risking his life and all...

- When Saruman steped out on the balcony in Ortanch, showing Grima his army of 10 000 soldiers..

- When Gandalf, Eomer and the Rohirrim rides down the hill towards Helm's Deep. Again, the music and the settings and the emotions gave me an adrenaline kick! lol!

Still, everytime Haldir apeared on screen was a big moment for me! :love: :heart: It's 5 days since last time I saw the movie, and I had almost forgotten how hot he was :evil: :love: :drool:

Wonder what new scenes I'll discover as favourites next time? :evil: :love:

Gypsy
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2003 02:06
* Gandalf and the Rohirrim riding down the hill into battle. The people in the cinema were cheering!

* Gollum's fish song. I nearly died laughing.

* The Sam and Gollum scene in 'Of herbs and Stewed rabbit'.

"Stupid, fat hobbit!"

"PO-TA-TOES!"

"Give it to usss, fressshhh and wriggling. Keep nassty chipsss"

Eowyn and Aragorn's sword sequence. "What do you fear, lady?" "A cage..." so well delievered. And the chemistry between those two was jumpin outta the screen!

* Sam and Frodo's 'Tales' conversation. So sweet.

Sam: "I was being serious"
Frodo: *turns to face Sam* So was I.

Aaaaaawwwww!!!
PiPpiN_LucK
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2003 08:04
-the kill count between Gimli and Legolas
-when Aragorn "dies" and Theoden says to leave the dead and Legolas gives him this heartbreakingly sad look.
-Merry and Pippin taking out orcs with rocks
-Merry at the Entmoot
-when they all ride out of the deep on horseback
-Gollum's conversation w/himself at the very end
Of course the music was awesome, and I can't wait til RotK!!!!
LOTR
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2003 03:28
in no order

-Gimli all his scenes hehe You could have picked a better spot lol

-the battle at helm's deep

-smeagol/gollum argument

-when golllum comes back

Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: January 02, 2003 03:44
I had tons of favorite scenes, but some come to mind more than others....

-Legolas arguing with Aragorn in Elvish, I thought that was a great addition.
-Gandalf charging in with Eomer to save Helm's Deep
-In fact, ANY scene with Eomer in it was wonderful! :heart:
-Merry trying to inspire Pippin to go on, and not return to the Shire.
-All of Helm's Deep. Extremely wonderful.....I was absolutely breathless.
rhia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2003 03:45
- Everything with gollum. I was so amazed!
- The shots of Barad-dur and the gates of Mordor.
- The scene where Eowyn, Aragorn, and Gimli are talking about female dwarves. (it's their beards LOL!)
- The Battle of Helm's Deep.
- I know a lot of people didn't like how it was different than what was in the book but I loved when the elves came to Helm's Deep. It showed that they hadn't totally given up on M-E.
- I know this wasn't a scene but I loved the music!
- Basically I loved the movie.
Pio
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2003 03:50
I had many favourite parts in TTT as well as most of you did!

I LOVED the Legolas shield surfing stunt. That just was brilliant I thought! :love::love: Speaking on Legolas, he had alot of screen time in this movie, which was great! Just what Orlando deserves =3...Anyway! I also really enjoyed the competition between Gimli and Legolas, I was so happy they kept that in the movie.

I also loved the part when Smeagol called Sam a "Stupid fat hobbit," I almost died laughing at that bit. It was just perfect!

I thought the entire Osgiliath part was excellent too. When Elijah said "They're here..." that was just cool. I loved it! Also one of my absolute favourite scenes was when Frodo was holding the ring up to the flying Nazgul. I thought that was so spectacularly done, and it just looked SO neat! I loved it!

I also enjoyed Merry and Pippin :love: especially when Pippin goes MERRRY!! Aww that was adorable, their love, and Sam and Frodo's love is just wonderfully displayed. I loved it =3

One other thing I have to mention that I liked is the soundtrack. Once again it was so beautifully done and added such an extra "umph" to the movie!
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: January 02, 2003 04:06
the whole thing rocked- once i got used to the changes the second time i saw it i was able to appreciate the film alot more... my faves in no particular order

- grimas tear.... i dont think i need to say anything more on that one.

- "and you dont wanna read any more cus you think, how could it possible end happily. but in the end the even the shadow is over come" or soemthing like that yep its sams speech love it!

- frodo offering the ring to the nazgul, now apart from him looking mightly hot in that scene - the offering i thought was very powerful it stayed in my mind for a long time after seeing it

- when they ride out of helms deep and think they are going to thier deaths but go anyway. and then all the back up arrives amazing scene blew me away and i actually cryed second time i saw it.

hmm well it all rocked iespeically like the performance of gollum that man should get an oscar
haldirluv
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2003 06:27
I think my most very favourite scene has to be the one where Haldir comes to Helm's Deep with the elf army. It is just so cool!! And I love the music in that scene!!! I loved all the parts with Gollum, especially the fish song!! That was hilarious! I liked all the extra screen time that Legolas got too!! I paid extra close attention in those scenes! :drool:
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: January 02, 2003 11:06
* Gandalf releases Theoden from Saruman's oppression at Edoras--especially the part where he throws back his cloak and reveals himself as Gandalf the White. Powerful!

* Haldir arrives with the Elves at Helm's Deep. I was so moved by his speech about honoring the old alliance between Elves and Men! (Was that a tear rolling down my cheek just now?)

* The Ents storm Isengard. Really now! Who didn't have their mouth drop open at this part?

* And my very favorite scene of all--the two Kings ride out to meet the foe at Helm's Deep. I want to stand up in my seat and cheer! Instead I reach for husband's hand and squeeze it silently...he squeezes back, for he is moved too.
~Eowyn~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2003 06:16
Mine would be...

* Éowyn using her sword...

* Gimli complaining about CrossCountry. Glad I quit the idea of trying out for my school's team...

* Sam explaining what potatoes are to Gollum

* Gimli explaining what dwarf women are like and then falling off a horse...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email