Author Topic:
Idril
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Your favourite scene in TTT
on: January 05, 2003 10:16

really EVERY scene with the sweet little gollum
(fish song ... coneys ..)
especially the coney scene where frodo is happy about the coneys and sam is looking so ... angrily
and when gollum breaks through the coneys in the middle and the look of frodo then - just funny

or the olympia orc at helms deep
i dont think he looks silly i think he looks funny
and i liked gríma wormtongue
my fav character :heart:

idril
Navalina
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2003 09:19
I loved the scene where legolas and aragorn talk to each other in elvish!!:love:I was just staring at Legolas!:love:
Mmm...what else?Well,I just liked the intire Helms Deep scene.It's a very long part,and I love it completely!!
Lintelómiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2003 11:27
Ah! here you have it!

- all the Three Runners shots, in fact

- Aragorn crying out his frustration at the pile of carcasses

- Gandalf returning to his friends

- The guys giving their weapons at Edoras

- The warg-fighting scene and the mourning over Aragorn scene after that

- The Argument between Legolas and Aragorn, and The Apology (Legolas sounds so hot when he speaks elvish! i almost died!)

- The arrival of the Elves!!!!

- Comic relief Gimli before the battle

- The storming of Isengard

- The arrival of the Rohirrim

Those are my most favorite scenes. But I assure you, I love the entire movie so picking my favorites was quite hard!
Andtalathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2003 12:10
Wow! I loved the entire thing so much, its hard to choose! But these are the bits that really effected me.. gave me goosebumps... made me want to get up and cheer... made me laugh etc!

1. To agree with Ainulindale, I thought it was great when we first saw Shadowfax... thats a really beautiful horse... and the bit when Gandalf arrived on Shadowfax at Helm's Deep was amazing too! Really wanted to cheer
2. The music when the Ents go to destroy Isengard! That really gave me goosebumps!
3. All Gollum's bits, of course, heheheh. He was perfect in every way! "Stupid fat hobbit!!!" LOL... that cracked me up. And I don't know why, but the fact that he was wearing a loin cloth kinda amused me too. Lol I don't know what I was expecting, they could hardly have him naked But somehow I wasn't expecting a loin cloth! Anyway the schizo conversation was maybe my favourite scene... it was fantastic! *claps* very well done.
4. The whole of the battle at Helm's Deep! I still haven't made up my mind about whether I like the Legolas-surfing-on-a-shield thing, lol. It was kinda corny but then again it did sort of make me want to cheer again!
5. I thought Gimli was hilarious and it really suits him to be the comic relief! Keep it up Gimli

I think those were mainly my favourite parts...oh but I really loved the music in certain places, like when the elves arrived at Helm's Deep and Haldir's death, and all the Rohan music, and Gollum's song
AragornEllessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2003 08:32
Every one, in particular those involving Helm's Deep, the warg scene, the rivendel sequence and most anything involving aragorn.
Eruresto
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2003 04:09
Oh by far the scene where Frodo was dreaming and As Gandalf was falling and he caught Glamdring and began to hack away at the Balrog and they fell into the water and I like the part where he kills the Balrog by catching A lightning bolt in his sword and stabbing it.
Jesalyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2003 04:53

- when they ride out of helms deep and think they are going to thier deaths but go anyway. and then all the back up arrives amazing scene blew me away and i actually cryed second time i saw it.

Yes! After seeing it a second time I had the same reaction as the first. There was just something about that scene that made my breath catch in my throat and brought tears to my eyes. They definately know how to make an entrance! Seeing them charge down the hill to battle made me want to stand up and clap (I did, however, resist the urge).
Highstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2003 05:40
~ The Battle of Helms Deep.

~ The conversation between Arwen and Elrond.

~ And the Gollum/Smegol interactions were good.

Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: February 05, 2003 11:06
I'm still going to have to say my favorite scene is when Gandalf shows up at Helm's Deep, and Eomer rides up beside him. I cry every time I watch that scene.
hobbit_fancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2003 02:40
.gollum argueing with smeagol (not listening not listening)
.the ents attacking Isenguard
.Theoden's 'so it begins' line.....
.what's taters preciousss
.po-ta-toes! lmao has a funny inside meaning!
.sam's speech...*tear*
.seeing Gimli and Legolas' relationship futher
Alaere_Dûnhilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2003 03:54
Absolutely EVERYTHING with Aragorn in it, and then I do have my favorite scenes there too:
*when he is tracking the Hobbit's trails
*when he sees the army of Saruman coming, he makes his horse go backwards, before galloping off
*when he sees Gandalf for the first time
*putting on his chain mail, and then Legolas hands him his sword.
*every time when he (or others) are speaking Elvish
*the scene in Rivendell, with Arwen (he sits there with bare feet!), especially when he gently touches her pointy ear.

Other scenes
*Pippin clinging to Treebeard, when he sees that the tree has EYES!
*Legolas and Gimli on the battlements at Helm's Deep.
*The Ents destroying Isengard
*When Eomer surrounds Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli
*When Theodred puts on his armor. (that light shining behind him: awesome. And then that poem he recites: heartrendering!)
*The Ent's first decision, and the reaction of Merry and Pippin.
*The fish song: sooooo cute and adorable
*actually, everything with Gollum too: he was fantastic! At times, I even liked him, which I did not feel in the book.
*when Smeagol tells Gollum to go away!

this is it, I think. Actually, the whole movie is great (now that I am used to the changes they had to make).

Alaere
light_of_evenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2003 06:18
I loved every part pf the movie except faramir.
Gollum and Smeagol arguing was fantastic
The fish song was definetly hilarious
Legolas and Gimli's lines were cracking. The box thing was soooo funny:love:
I loved the helm's Deep sequence. I got really drawn into it. I practically forgot about Frodo
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2003 09:59
~The Scenes with Aragorn and Legolas (ya know when they fight, forgive, and handing back the evenstar)
~The Storming of Isengard
~When Sam Talks about the Stories in Gondor
~The Dead Marshes
~When the Elves show up at Helm's Deep
~Merry's line "There will be no Shire Pip"
~When Gandalf and Eower show up in Helm's Deep

What can I say? They where all good!
GuardofLorien25
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2003 06:27
I like a lot of the scenes in this movie.....
[b][/b]*all of Smeagol and Gollum's arguments
*Mostly the parts with Haldir except when he dies I cried:cry:
*The whole part in Isengard with the eye of Saraun
*The part when Legolas and Gimli are counting how many Ura-Khai they killed.

Pretty much the whole movie but the are my absolute favorites!
Azaelia_Of_Willowbottom
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2003 04:29
I really loved Sam in TTT! His monologue in Osgiliath is one of my very favorite moments in the film... :cry: :cry: And I loved his talking of being put into the great tales, and Frodo's "Samwise the Brave!"

OOO Merry and Pippin too! I really like the way Merry says, "There won't be a Shire, Pip!" ~Makes me shiver!

I loved the storming of Isengard: Ents are Awesome!!

I really liked how Eowyn was done in the film! She's high on my list of favortie characters in the book, and I was very glad to see that she was potrayed so well in the movie!

OOO And Gollum was so funny, I loved his "Nasty mean fat hobbit" or whatever it was (Been a while since I saw the movie last) and Sam's "PO-TA-TOES!" Too funny! And I also loved the fish song he sings. Too funny!!

Geez, there's so many more parts I loved and I know I loved, but they aren't coming quickly to mind! I'll just leave it that I loved most of the movie! :love:
Dawn-maiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 08:02
Arwen imagining Aragorn's death, and herself wandering through a forest like a ghost with a long veil...That was a beautiful scene.

But really, all the scenes are beautiful. I only hated Legolas sliding down the stairs on his shield. Sorry, I know some of you like that scene, but I really think it was silly.

And yes, I love Legolas talking in Elvish too....
Orca
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 08:25
I love most scenes... My favourite would have to be in Osgiliath, when Frodo's taken over by the ring. When he says 'They're here... They've come' I love that part. And when it's almost silent and he's there facing the Nazgul... my heart was beating so fast then I thought I was going to pass out. O.O Still happens everytime I see it. I know it wasn't in the book at all but it struck me as a really powerful scene - Plus, I love dragons and stuff. ^^ I want a Fell Beast.

I love all the hobbit parts. Merry, Pippin and the Uruk-hai are great. XD And the part with Frodo and Sam at the end... oh man, I love it all. But at the end I always get choked up because Frodo and Sam are all happy and stuff, yet we all know where Gollum's taking them... :cry:
Gypsy
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2003 12:54
But at the end I always get choked up because Frodo and Sam are all happy and stuff, yet we all know where Gollum's taking them... :cry:

It was made so much worse by the fact that the friend I was sitting next to (who hasn't read the book) was talking about "Oh, Gollum is so sweet, isn't he lovely..." I really wanted to tell her what the little creep leads poor Sam and Frodo into in the next film...but I restrained myself (now she has to wait till December, ha ha!)

But she still occassionally remarks on how sweet Gollum is. :angry: anyone who would want to hurt innocent (and rather attractive) hobbits is NOT sweet!
Orca
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2003 02:05

But she still occassionally remarks on how sweet Gollum is. :angry: anyone who would want to hurt innocent (and rather attractive) hobbits is NOT sweet!

I like Smeagol, I feel really sorry for him (especially when he's arguing with Gollum and he says 'Go away...' makes me feel really sad. ;-; ), but Gollum is just EVIL! *lol*
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: March 18, 2003 01:43
Moved up for viewing....

:heart:Ringhilwen
Becki
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 20, 2003 07:20
Helm's Deep, hands down!! I loved that, (or should I say those!) scenes!!:love::love::love:

~Becki
elfinimladris
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2003 10:17
- Gollum's scenes

- "Toss me!"

- Anything with Elrond

- The elves at Helm's Deep, not in the book but very impressive
luthienkenobi
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2004 05:33
My favorite scenes were:
1. Any part with Faramir :love:
2. Aragorn and Arwen's scenes together
3. Helm's Deep
Miss_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2004 07:14
favorite scenes:
-any part with aragorn in rohan
-when aragorn, legolas, and gimli meen gandalf
-helms deep
-.... the whole thing
FatalBeauty
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 03:30
Gríma and Éowyn scene. Théodred is dead, Éowyn is crying and Gríma comes and sits next to her. The whole scene till the Éowyn runs away.

I love that scene, it's probably my favourite scene in the whole trilogy. I think it's beautiful, romantic, sad, twisted (o_O) and it shows brilliantly Gríma's feelings for Éowyn.
Sheledrial
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2006 06:18
This is a difficult one because i have so many facorites. But the top two are the scene with the Wargs. I love it when Legolas shoots his arrow form the top of the hill and then swings onto the horse with one arm. Thta was hot!
The next scene is the battle at Helm's Deep. Of course the fight scenes were excellent, but it was Haldir who gave me the adrenaline rush.
Ok, so what was the best part(s)? Which scenes gave you the adrenaline kick?

My favourite parts were, in no specific order, many. It was many main parts that were good, but I realy got cought up in some of these small(er) ones;

* the shot of the entire Tower of Barad Dúr, with they Eye on top and Mount Doom in the distance
* all those litle funny scenes with Gollum
* mainly all scenes where you could get a glimps of Haldir :love: (though the death scene was the sadest, I loved every second)
* every Nazgúl scene (wonder why..)
* the explosion at Helm's Deep and Théodens look (priceless! )
* Aragorn tossing Gimli ("don't tell the elf!" LOL)
* all those funny scenes between Legolas and Gimli
* Gandalf throwing the cloak in Meduseld, showing that he was no longer grey. Powerful!
* Gandalf and the 3 runners galopping from Fangorn to Edoras.

Well, that was just a few of many favourites.. Still there was one thing that made the movie what it is: The music!!!!!

[Edited on 5/2/2003 by ~Witch_Queen_of_Angmar~]
Imahobbitgirl2
Realm Leader of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: April 06, 2008 01:43
Okay, I'm reviving this thread.

My favorite TTT moments:

Sam and Frodo and "real Elvish rope". (The look on Sam's face when that rope fell! )

The taming of Smeagol (very well done)

The Orc Daught (Poor Merry! :cry: :cry: )

The tracking scene (Particularly Gimli's complaining. I would've whined a lot more, though! )

Merry and Pippin's escape/tracking their escape

Meeting Treebeard (Treebeard squashed that orc like a bug, and the look on Pippin's face when he saw Treebeard's face! )

Theoden's "exorcism"

"Sleep, little Shirelings" (Merry and Pippin look so cuuute when they're sleeping! :love: :love: )

The Ent-Draught scene (Sooo funny! Very Merry and Pippin! :love: :love: :love: )

The "Schitzo" scene (Loved it from the first moment I saw it, back when I didn't know about LOTR! )

Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbits (Loved every bit of that scene, especially the "taters" argument. )

Eowyn's stew (Funny! )

Merry's speech to Pippin and the moment when Pippin finally "got it"

Faramir's flashback scene (I loved seeing the 2 brothers together and seeing how nasty Denethor was from the beginning)

Gollum's fishy song ("Rock and pool is nice and cool, so juicy sweeeeet! )

Haldir and the Elves arriving at Helm's Deep (First reaction: "That wasn't in the book." Second reaction: "Awesome!" )

Gimli and Legolas's orc-whomping contest (Best part of Helm's Deep)

The storming of Isengard (Go, Ents! Kick orc butt!)

Shield-skating Legolas (Another L.I.A. -- Legolas Is Awesome -- moment)

"Toss me" (Hey, I thought "nobody tosses a Dwarf", Gimli! )

Frodo and Sam talking about the tales they'll be in (Very sweet! They don't know how true that would become! )

Gollum's song in the closing credits
EldyTindomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2008 11:52
Oh it's nearly impossible to have just one favorite scene from such an amazing movie!!!!

Any scene with Legolas and especially the one in Fangorn when he tells Gimli "The trees have feelings my friend" or something like that.
And then after the battle in Helms Deep when Gimli says "Forty Two?That's not bad for a pointy-eared Elvish Princelling"
I love Legolas expression there!! :love:

But the two scenes that give me goosebumps are when Theoden goes in to fight and screams "Forth! Eorlingas!!"
And when Eomer comes "Rohirrim!!! To the King!!!"

Such a powerful movie......

elvenfair1
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2008 01:11
There are SOOO MANY scenes that I loved:love:..but the one that gave me the fit of giggles is when Gollum called Sam a "stupid fat Hobbit" cause to gollum Sam was ruining the meal by cooking it!!! :twitch:
ôldôr
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2008 05:50
- Gollum's argument with Smeagol
- Gollum catching fish and arguing with Sam about taters (love it when he's happy - he's so cute)!
- The scene in the extended edition with Boromir and Faramir.
- The Aragorn/Arwen scene.
- The ents destroy Isenguard (I love Treebeard)!!!
-There are sooo many more!!
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
Post Re: Your favourite scene in TTT
on: October 12, 2012 06:27
*bumping thread*
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
LadyWoodelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2012 10:48
The contest between Legolas and Gimli about who killed the most Orcs scene.
The drinking contest.
When Gandalf and the Rohirrim come charging down the hill with the sunrise behind them.
Tintale
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2012 10:53
Elrond's prophecy scene is soo beautiful
All scenes including Arwen,I adore her so very much!
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 31, 2012 09:19
Real Elvish Rope
Aragon falls of the cliff
Aragon comes back from falling of cliff
Battle of Helms Deep
Aragon and Arwen
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2012 08:51
From Start to finish! Seriously through, I always love Sam's Speech.

And also the scene between Merry and Pippin at the Ent Moot where Pipin is saying they should go home, it gives me goosebumps when merry says "...There won't be a shire, Pippin)

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email