Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A New Evil Rises (See OOC.)
on: September 09, 2006 03:07
(I'm back everyone! Keep up the posting!)

Nethwen slipped outside, she had heard more goblin sounds. She shot two down with out making a sound. "This is good practice." Nethwen said with a smirk. She patrolled the forest most of the night then she went in for a rest. They were awaiting the coming battle. It was going to take place far out of Mirkwood, thats why there were guards looking for the oncoming enemy. Nethwen wanted to be one of those guards, but she knew that they would see her plain as day, and Legolas often went to the borders and guarded also. Nethwen slept well and woke again, but she felt today was different, she felt a cold wind. "The war is coming, it may even come today." Nethwen thought. She qyuickly readied her armour and retrieved her bow. "I will fight for Mirkwood." Nethwen said determindly.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2006 11:43
(what happened to my character? is she not there anymore?)

Emerwen followed Nethwen into the forest. She heard a slight cackle in the trees. Nethwen hadn't seemed to have heard it, but Mer turned and fired into the forest, and two goblins fell. Nethwen looked at her, thankfulness in her eyes that Mer's hearing was slightly more intuned to her surroundings than Nethwen's was. They continued to walk.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2006 01:32
(sorry about that Aravis17!)

Then suddenly there were loud crys. It sounded far away. "The goblins are here! The battle has begun!" Nethwen cried. Then the two elf maidens rushed to the battle. Nethwen and Mer were almost immediatly seperated by the swarms of goblins. Then Nethwen realized that the goblins could also come from behind. Nethwen knew she had to bring a battatlion of elves to Dol Guldor so they could also fend them off. She called to Mer first. "Goblins are able to attack us from behind, we must take a group of elves back there!" Nethwen said. Mer left quickly and disappeared into the crowd, but as Nethwen turned to leave someone grabbed her arm. Nethwen turned quickly and was once again face to face with Legolas. "I thought I told you to stay with the maidens?" Legolas said. "Legolas, our army is in danger of being destroyed, we must gather a group of elves to fend off the goblins from Dol Guldor!" Nethwen shouted. Legolas looked at her intently and then let her go. "I have a group here big enough to attack them, come with me." Legolas said. Nethwen called to Mer then the three of them headed off with the elven warriors.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: September 12, 2006 12:00
Ardinlas watched the battle and looked for a good place to enter. Mounted on Shadow, she spotted a likely place and galloped him in. Sword unsheathed, Ardinlas used it like a scythe, beheading some, injuring others, only about five in total with her first onslaught. She saw Nethwen in the midst of battle and shouted to her, "Nethwen! How many do we have fighting the goblins right now?"
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2006 05:40
Nethwen heard Ardinlas as she had just turned to leave. "Not enough!" Nethwen shouted to Ardinlas. Then she raced off with the others.
They heard the sound of approaching goblins. Legolas gave the signal to duck low. The archers waited for the goblins to come closer. Then they fired! All but one goblin fell and he raced back to Dol Guldor. "We must catch him!" Nethwen said, she knew he would tell the other goblins to send more. "No Nethwen, we would only get caught again. Come we must head back. You guards stay here and call us if you need to." Legolas said. Nethwen felt good about being able to warn the prince about an oncoming attack that would have slaughtered all their troops.. The fight continued for the rest of the day, they lost many.
Maesyfelin
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2006 09:12
Ngelogas rode through the trees with increasing accuracy that one Goblin would not survive, not as long as Ngelogas could draw one more breathe. He became aware of the green-skins location and sped up. As Ngelogas rode through the trees he caught sight of the goblin he was running through the undergrowth with a slight limp, panting and coughing, Ngelogas and drew out his composite bow and placed an arrow upon the string, as the goblin covered more distance it was still unaware of ngelogas as he raised his bow up like an eagle ready to strike .Ngelogas pulled back the string until it gave a creak of exhaustion the goblin must have heard the sound because it turned around just fast enough to get an arrow in its slimy bloodied throat.

Ngelogas gave out a gasp of relief and turned Bloeden his fine mare around she gave out a soft neigh and rode back to civilization ngelogas hardly doing a thing. Unawares to Ngelogas the Goblin that he had supposed dead rose up, the arrow had just skimmed its dirty neck it swore loudly "BUBHOSH SKAI!!"
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2006 12:30
They fought there for a long time, but soon enough the goblins began to retreat. All the retreating goblins were killed however. "Now those goblins will know not to fight with us!" Nethwen said. "They will gather more forces to fight against us. Until we have destroyed them we cannot be relaxed." Legolas said. Nethwen knew this was true. She looked over and saw Mer celebrating. Nethwen wished she could celebrate also but her heart was heavy from all the losses and the attacks that would come. Nethwen walked away from the battlefield, she called to her horse Fairshadow. "I think you and I will go for a ride." Nethwen said as she mounted Fairshadow.
When Nethwen began approaching the goblins part of the forest she started to turn back but then she got an idea. "Those goblins can't just come into our land and take over!" Nethwen said determindly. She knew it was foolish, but only one elf could pull this off, she was going to kill the goblin king! Nethwen silently slipped up to the old fortress and somehow snuck in. She remembered the passage they had taken when they had been trapped in Dol Guldor and she began searching for it. "Ah, there it is!" Nethwen said, she readied her bow. Then she traveled down the hall until she came to the crack where you could see the goblin king's throne. She aimed her arrow through the hole. "For Mirkwood!" Nethwen whispered, then she released the arrow. It soared through the air and hit the goblin king. Suddenly great crys fileld the air. Nethwen ducked and began scrambling through the passage. When she saw the door that led into the room that had the last door to get out she ran for it. She quietly opened the door, she looked around the room and saw nothing. Nethwen ran to the other door and reached it just as two goblins came in another door and saw her. The goblins screeched and pointed at her. Nethwen ran out and whistled for Fairshadow. When Fairshadow came she jumped on her. "Noro lim!" Nethwen said. Fairshadow took off. But she could hear the goblins behind. Then suddenly she saw an arrow whiz passed her head. Nethwen ducked low, but then an arrow hit her leg. Nethwen tried to stay on Fairshadow but she lost her balance and fell. As soon as she hit the ground goblins were on top of her. "Bring her to the king!" One goblin shouted. Nethwen had dropped her bow and her arrows had spilled out of her quiver, she couldn't fight them or run away for the pain in her leg. Nethwen was quickly carried away by the goblins, and she knew there was no going back, after all no one knew where she was.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2006 12:59
Mer fired arrows one after another at the goblins. They began retreating, and Mer hugged the nearest elf beside her. Then she saw Nethwen sneak off. Being the inquisitive elf she was, and her sister-like devotion to Nethwen, she followed her. But not into the castle. The next thing she knew, Nethwen was riding out, shot in the leg, and dragged back in.
'I must get help!' she thought, and mounted Nethwen's horse, Fairshadow, and rode back into the direction from whence she had come. She met Nglegos in the forest.
"Nglegos! We must get help. Nethwen was captured by the goblins." Mer saw his eyes go wide with fear for her friend and herself, not to mention the other elves of Mirkwood. He mounted her horse, and took the reigns, guiding the horse back through the forest.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2006 03:43
Nethwen was brought before the goblin king. "You only injured me she-elf! You must have been crazy to think you could kill me!" The goblin king sneered. Nethwen's eyes burned with anger. "I may have not killed you but you will not stand against the elves of Mirkwood. you and your friends will fall!" Nethwen said. The goblin king looked irritated. "You will not have the satisfaction to see that day she-elf!" The goblin king said. Then she was dragged away fromthe throne room. She was put into a very small and dark prison where she would awit her death. "I wonder if they are still celebrating. I wish I could let Legolas know I wounded the king, that could give us an advantage." Nethwen said sadly. She wished she could see Mer one last time, but she was supposed to die tomorrow, unless the goblins suddenly changed their plans, but that wasn't likely.
Malathos
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2006 12:39
Elros had been one of the warriors who had fought with Nethwen and Legolas, and when he saw her ride off alone he followed. When he saw her go inside alone he knew what she was going to try to do; he tried to get in and help her, but before he could get inside he saw her running for her life. The young half-elf hid in the shadows when Nethwen went down and prepared to come to her aid if the goblins tried to kill her, and when they took her captive he followed behind them keeping to the shadows. So it came to be that when she had been sitting in her cell for a few minutes, Elros killed the goblin jailer and guards and unlocked the cell door saying, "Hurry, Nethwen, We must leave before the goblins find that you have escaped."

[Edited on 17/9/2006 by Malathos]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2006 06:00
Nethwen rose to her feet, she winced. Her leg still hurt from the wound, she had managed to bandage it but it still hurt. Elros saw her pain and helped her walk. They quickly stole away from Dol Guldor. "Thank you Elros. I thought I'd die in there." Nethwen said. "I tried to kill the goblin king, but I only wounded him." Nethwen said. Then she saw Legolas running towards them. "Nethwen what happened?" Legolas asked. "I was trying to kill the goblin king, but I was captured. He is only wounded." Nethwen said, she sounded sad. But Legolas seemed to be deep in thought, then his eyes lit and he smirked. "Maybe you have done more good then you think Nethwen." Legolas said. "What do you mean?" Nethwen asked. "If he is wounded he probably won't send many more goblins after us just yet. Maybe somehow we can storm Dol Guldor." Legolas said, he still seemed to be thinkinh over his plan. "I don't know. We have already lost so many. What say you Elros?' Nethwen asked.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: September 22, 2006 05:57
Ardinlas had left the battle after it ended, and galloped into the forest, following Ngelogas and Mer. She caught up to them as they were going into the woods, and cried, "Where are you going?"
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2006 09:12
"Nethwen was captured by the goblin king! We must tell the others!" Ardinlas followed them. They almost trampled something beneath them, and the horse slowed down. Mer stopped it, and lowered herself to the ground. She went over to the lump and saw that it was Nethwen and Elros! Legolas was approaching, and Mer helped her up.
"Nethwen! You escaped! I am so glad, I was afraid you were going to die!" They hugged, and then listened to Legolas' proposal of bombarding Dol Guldor. Larien was skeptical, but listened anyway.

[Edited on 10/1/2006 by Aravis17]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2006 11:55
"Maybe we should wait on it Legolas. We need to heal the wounds the men already have." Nethwen said. Legolas nodded, then helped her into her room. "I'll send a healer in to look at your wounds." Legolas said. Nethwen nodded.

"You're wounds aren't that bad, they should be healed in a week or so." The healer said. "Oh good." Nethwen sighed. After he left Nethwen heard two elves talking outside her door. "So many wounded, I don't know if we'll ever get back to the way we were." The first elf said. "They are strong elves, they will heal. We have so may maidens to help they should be healed in no time." the second said, then they walked away. Nethwen wanted to see if it was true that so many had been hurt, but she knew she had to heal too.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2006 12:07
As Nethwen was healing, Mer paced to and fro, often checking on others who were injured, but otherwise she was worried. A war with the goblins wouldn't end so well. They were strong, and able to win. But the elves had something that they didn't. Cleverness and strategy. Mer knew that this would be her strength, and the only advantage the elves had over the goblins. She ran in Ngelogas as she paced, and she tripped over him. He caught her just in time, before she hit the ground.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email