Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lithoniel_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Sea, The Sea! (2) [all are welcome]
on: August 19, 2006 10:54
OOC: This is a rp for my new character. It is open to everyone but I would like mostly elves. It's set in an elven port where the Greyflood River meets the sea. (I made this up, it is NOT, I repeat NOT in the Silm or anywhere else I have found in Tolkein's works) Set in the Second Age, just after the Battle of Ninaeth Arnodiad (Unnumbered Tears) (if you want more info look in the Silmarillion, ch. 20 Of the Fifth Battle) Morgoth has just demolished the Havens of Sirion and a company of elves has fled from their former refuge of the Isle of Balar to the Greyflood port to seek shelter and aid. So it begins.
P.S. This was started in Totally Tolkien but the mod felt it should be here... so now it is. Yay for mods!

Baleareth leaned over the prow of the ship scanning the horizon for the port. So far they had been in sight of land for two days but could find no place to harbour. She walked impatiently down to the main deck and there looked over their port side.

"Still searching, little sister?" her brother Brannon asked her as he came to stand beside her. Baleareth sighed and replied.

"Yes. Not that I am impatient to leave the ship. I thoroughly enjoy it. But I wish to get there and get help for Naneth and Ada."
"As do I, Baleareth. But we must have patience and courage. We will need them both before this business is done."
Upon hearing the call for dinner Brannon said
"Come, and try to eat something. You must be strong if you are to train in Greyflood."
"Yes, Brannon." she said and followed him over to the table that was layed out for the company.

[Edited on 25/8/2006 by Lithoniel_Undomiel]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Sea, The Sea! (2) [all are welcome]
on: August 19, 2006 11:18
(I hope its okay if I bring in a Sindarin elf now. If not I can delete it.)

Meanwhile in Doriath a maiden named Rilnen dwelled. She had heard the rumours of the terrible war. She had wanted to help, but she was only a maiden, and a young maiden at that. Her two older brothers had fought and somehow survived. They said they had escaped from the clutches of evil. Rilnen became afraid for their safty. "I am glad you are alright, war is so evil." Rilnen said a she hugged Lindar. "You worry too much little sister." Lindar said with a smile, but Rilnen could see fear in his eyes. Was the whole world going to be different now? It seemed like change happened all the time!
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2006 12:12
Nathron tightened the ship's bow line. He enjoyed the spray of the salt water on his face, and revelled in the crisp air. It was hard to believe that he had just survived a huge battle, the one people were dubing 'Ninaeth Arnodiad'.
He sighed, leaning against the wood of the ship. He worked on this ship as a sailor, but he missed middle earth. Why? He asked himself, why did I leave?
He saw two young elves nearby, going into the ship's cabin to set plates out for dinner. He would have a while to wait for his dinner. He went again about fixing lines, and any other small tasks that needed doing.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2006 02:16
(hope this is okay!)

Aearwing Fea looked over the stern of the ship towards the sunset. She loved water. She herself couldn't swim, but the look, the feel, the taste of it on her face, she was in love with the sea. Even her name meant Seaspray Spirit, and it was true. She dreaded going back to land, the flat surface where you were sure your feet would be safe and confident. She liked not knowing if she took another step whether they would go over a wave and she might loose her balance. It kept her awake and alert. Land was so boring!

But if she must go back to it, she would. The other elves, the ones who were homesick and dreaded the water, thought she was insane for not wanting to go back. They missed the forests and the sound of wind through the trees. Aear also missed that, but the fresh air over the open water, looking up at a full moon! That was the part she didn't like. The sun always beating upon her back during the day. If she could live forever on a boat on the sea, or wading knee-deep in shallow water, watching the moonlight reflect upon the ripples as the stars glinted on the sand below, she would be forever happy.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2006 02:28
Nathron climbed up the ropes, leaning out over the side of the boat. He looked for land, but also didn't want to find it. He sighed quietly, so beautiful...so amazing...the stars started to come out overhead. He smiled as he looked up at them. Perhaps he missed land, but this site he would never tire of. He saw an elven maiden nearby, she clearly looked like she was enjoying herself.
"Mae govannen," He said to her in greeting, "T'is a fine night for sailing is it not?" His red hair blew into his face and he angrily pushed it away with a mild curse.
Lithoniel_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2006 03:25
Baleareth and Brannon finished their private meal and sat contentedly on the deck. Brannon had his arms stretched out behind him and Baleareth snuggled beside him. He smiled down at her.
"You miss Ada, don't you."
She nodded sadly and blinked back the tears that sprang up unbidden. She thought of her parents back home in Hithlum and wondered if they would survive until she and Brannon could bring them help.
Brannon tried to comfort his little sister but knew he needed comforting himself. He let his eyes wander across the deck and saw the elf Nathron, whom he had met when they began their voyage with another elf he hadn't seen much around the ship. Not wanting to eavesdrop he began talking to his sister of home and of the time before she had been born. It passed the time and soon she was asleep next to him. He hoped they reached land soon. For Baleareth's sake.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2006 04:14
Nathron came up to Brannon crouching down and putting his slender hand on the other elf's shoulder.
"Perhaps it is best if you take your sister inside, it can get chilly out here at night. Even for elves, I have found." He said this quietly as to not wake Baleareth.
Nathron smiled gently at the two young elves, he wished he had a little sister to look after, or any family for that matter. He envied them in that way.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2006 04:59
Aear smiled at Nathron, glad to have some temporary company that enjoyed the night as much as she. He wandered off towards two other elves, and she continued staring at the stars and listening to the waves. A few thoughts ran through her head, like, Nathron is a really kind elf, he is always wanting to help on board. I wish we knew each other better, but the sound of the waves drowned most of her thoughts out.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2006 12:30
He walked back to where Aear was standing. He sighed, enjoying the wind and the waves. A particularily large wave rolled over the side of the boat, drenching Nathron in salty sea water.
"Ai!!!" He cried out in surprise, stumbling back a pace or two.
He looked over the boat, almost evilly, at the water, a look of concentration and annoyance on his fair features.
"Well isn't that the most ironic thing of the year." he said half-laughing.
Nathron thought of the battle, he had rarely been able to laugh, but even now he was able to make it sound genuine. Now that is ironic, he thought grimly, contrary to the smile on his face.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2006 12:56
Aearwing laughed at Nathron, standing there, drenched in water. She had moved back in time to get a light drizzle, which felt refreshing in the cool night air. He laughed, too, and it was a wonderful sound to her ears. No one laughed on this ship. It was full of sadness and loss. Probably because of the battle that had just passed, marking the end of Ninaeth Arnodiad. It was also full of depression, that another day had passed, and they were not home. Aear wanted them to be happy, she could not bear the sadness. But she didn't want to go home. She was hoping to hide on the ship when it made port, as to stay on the water, and not see her mother.

Her mother had plans for her. She had been returning from the battle, as she was there as a healer. But her mother had said, when she returned home, that she was to be trained as a gracious lady, and not go galavanting after battles and men and horses any longer. Sadness leaked onto Aear's face as she realized that her horse, Maethor (Warrior), would never be ridden by her again. Aear wondered if her mother would even let her keep her grey cat, Ithil (Moon), since his hair shed onto everything. And those things were all that she enjoyed about land. Riding, and cuddling on her bed with her cat to read a book. If those were taken away from her, she wouldn't be able to bear it.
Maybe I shouldn't return, she thought. Maybe I should join the crew. I can help onboard well enough. I can repair the sails and the hull, I can cook for the sailors, and I could even row if need be.

She once again settled against the stern, confident of what she wanted to do. She just had to be able to make it happen.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2006 01:10
Rilnen walked about the forest of Doriath. She was worried because her best friend had escaped on boats from the ruins of the Grey Havens. She wondered where her friend was now, and if she was really safe. Rilnen wanted to go to her friend, but she couldn't go alone. "Maybe an elf resides here that would come and help me find Tuile." Rilnen thought. She walked around for awhile, then she bumped into an elf. "I am sorry." Rilnen said, her cheeks had turned red. Then she felt brave and decided to ask the elf to help her. "Will you come with me on a journey to find a lost friend?" Rilnen asked, her voice was surprisingly strong for one who was usually nervous when talking to someone she had never met.

(this is a good place for another Sindarin elf to join in! Please do because I need another friend!)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2006 02:46
"Oh sure!" Nathron said dramatically, "Let's all laugh at the poor little elf who got soaked by the water." He leaned again on the ropes, listening to their creeking sound. It nearly lulled him to sleep.
Nathron's foot slipped from it's grasp and he fell with a loud bump to the ship's hard deck. He groaned, this just wasn't his day was it?
"Someone has it in for me don't they?" He said to no one in particular.
He rose to his feet brushing himself off.
"I think I'm going to change into something a little warmer." He said methodically and quickly went into his cabbin. When he came out he was dressed in the most water-proofed outfit he had been able to find amongst his belongings. But it looked no more different then a simple baggy white shirt, and red leggings.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 12:30
Aear went into the cabin that she shared with two other elves, but no one was occupying it now. She changed into another tunic, a green one. The shirt was too big for her, and went down to her knees, showing a little of the tan leggings underneath.

She walked back out onto the deck, where Nathron was now fingering the hull. Everyone else was half-asleep, except the elf at the wheel, and she was the first to see the land in the distance. Aear became scared, knowing that if her plan failed, she might never go onboard another ship again. She knew there were a few hours left before the other elves awoke, and noticed that they were almost home, so she quietly approached Nathron.

"I am sorry I laughed at you being splashed. It must have been embarrassing." She paused, waiting for him to respond, but he just looked up at her.
"So, how do you feel about going home? Personally, I would like to stay on this ship forever." As she waited for him to say something, a strong breeze went across the deck, and she lifted her arms as if she wanted to fly right off of the boat. It felt so good. She hoped these hours would last.

A few minutes past, and Nathron hadn't said anything back to her. Aear felt as though he wanted to distance himself from everyone, as to not become hurt. She respected that, but wished he would open up just a little. The breeze ended, and she settled against the hull, awaiting Nathron's reply.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 04:03
Nathron sighed slightly, "I am sorry for not replying sooner..." He said quietly. " No I do not mind being laughed at...it was an enlightening experiance, and I'm glad it made people laugh." He chuckled slightly.
"As for going home...well...I don't really havve much of a home to return to...never had after...after Valinor fell...But, I do miss land...I love the sea, but I love the land more so, I believe. Cheifly because it is easier to avoid getting wet!" He added this last bit as an afterthought. "You do not seem to want to return home...family troubles?"
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2006 02:44
"I want to be free, and the sea offers me that, more so than land. And if I return, my mother is forcing me to become proper, and no longer go on voyages across the sea, but be ladylike and graceful, which is something I'm not able to do. She used to ignore me, and I would spend hours wading in the water, or riding my horse, or reading with my cat asleep next to me. But now that I am in the middle of my teenage years, she has started paying me attention. And not in a good way. If everything goes the way she wants it to, I may never ride my horse again. I'll be able to read, but not while laying on my bed. She might even get rid of my cat, since he sheds everywhere!" Aear sighed, relaxing after finally being able to share this with someone.

"I am hoping to hide when the ship comes to port, and become a crew member on this ship, sewing the sails, repairing the hull, cooking for the crew, singing for the crew to boost their morale. But, since everything goes my mother's way, never mine, it probably won't happen. But I can dream."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2006 06:53
Nathron nodded, he could understand to some degree what she was going though, even though he had never been restricted.
"I do not know what to say that will give you more hope...but it sounds to me...like you need a friend, a friend who could help you. I have sailed on this, and many other ships, for...oh...it must be thirty years now. If, by the time we have reached dock, and you have told your mother exactly what you feel...and that is a must, and if you still want to leave after that, I will be here. I will wait for you." Nathron said sincerely.
Lithoniel_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2006 08:35
Brannon took Nathron's advice and lifted his sister in his arms to take her below. He was alarmed at how thin and frail she felt in his arms and told himself he'd have to get her eating more. He layed her in a comfortable hammock and pulled a blanket over her. She was still young and hadn't yet learned to rest her mind without sleeping. Something he encouraged and indulged, he didn't want her to grow up to fast. Stepping back out onto the deck he saw Nathron, now soaked standing next to another elf. He walked up beside him and said goodnaturedly
"Máravë omentaina, I thank you for your advice. Me muinë nésa is much more comfortable below deck." He smiled and then turning to the other elf said
"Ma istanyel? I don't recall meeting you before."

[Translations: (in Quenya)
Máravë omentaina - Well met
Me muinë nésa - My beloved sister
Ma istanyel? - Do I know you?]

Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2006 12:00
As dawn approached, the lookout shouted, "Land ahead!" The elves on deck looked into the distance.
"We're almost home!" Aear heard a few say. But while they were all looking one way, she glanced in another. A huge ship was approaching from behind them.
"Another ship is on our flank!" As everyone looked her way, she burst into her cabin and got her bow, and latched an arrow in it, while slinging her arrows onto her back. She would not take chances. Anything could be there. And since she did not yet know if it was a friend or enemy, she decided there was no harm in being prepared. Besides, if they turned out to be enemies, and the ship sank, she wouldn't be able to swim to shore.

She came back on deck, to see some of the other elves preparing for battle, with looks of fear and depression on their faces.
"Not another battle! I am still recouperating from the last war!" she heard one say. Other elves were just standing there, in shock.
"Move! If you aren't ready, they might kill you. We don't know if they are friends! We must prepare for anything!" Aear was invigorated. She hadn't fought in the last battle, not at all during the war. She had been there as a healer, and a healer only. If they did turn out to be enemies, she could finally put her training to use. She had been trained by the local village blacksmith, and now, she felt ready for anything.

[Edited on 8/22/2006 by Aravis17]
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2006 05:07
Aear stood beside other elves with her bow notched, and her hand drew the string back to her mouth. The stance she had so desperately wanted to try since she was taught. The ship drew up next to theirs, and Aear felt the other elves tense up. They had thought they were the only ship in these waters for weeks. Who were these people? A heavy wind blew about the deck, and for once Aear was thankful that the hair that usually hung in her face was tied back and hung behind her shoulders with the rest of her hair. The wind blew, but she could still see!

Someone began boarding the ship. Aear didn't know who it was, but she heard someone shout to not shoot. Some of the elves slowly lowered their bows, but Aear kept hers erect. Someone from the other boat could have shouted that to lead her off of her guard, and she wasn't about to let that happen. But it was only one person that had boarded their ship, and he was unarmed. She still held up her bow, but sidestepped a little to bring the person into focus of her eyes. She had forgotten how weak her eyes were, and with the wind and, suddenly, rain, she could barely see. But she wasn't blind yet! She began approaching the stranger, lowering her bow with each stride.
Lithoniel_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 09:31
[I opened an OOC board for this rp... we can discuss geographical issues there]

Baleareth awoke with a start. She sat up and tried to figure out what had woken her then she heard the bustling feet above her and realized that they must have found the haven! She stirred quickly and gathered her things together getting ready to land when Brannon burst into their cabin. She greeted him with a smile but her smile soon turned to fear as she saw concern and worry in his face.
"What is it Brannon!"
"We're under attack, it must be some of Morgoth's rabble, who else would have followed us!"
Baleareth's soul screamed inside her NO! Not again! We're supposed to be SAFE! Not this! Not now! her whole body shook with frustration and fear. Clenching her fist she grabbed her bow from her pack and slung her quiver over her shoulder, she knew her knife was still in it's sheath at her belt.
"I am ready."
Brannon looked with mingled admiration and apprehension at his young sister. He knew he could not keep her from fighting, but he still worried about her safety. How could he ever face his parent's if something happened to Baleareth? He nodded and grasped his own weapons. Then the siblings went up on the deck.
As they walked Baleareth pulled out and notched an arrow then stood beside the other elves.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 10:28
Rilnen began pondering how to get away from Doriath. "I could take my horse Whiteflame and somehow find out where they are." Rilnen thought aloud, all her ideas seemed useless."I'll never find out where she is if I never get out of Doriath." Rilnen said determindly. Rilnen found her horse and prepared her for the journey she was hoping to take. "I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I want to try." Rilnen said to her horse. She mounted and rode out, she really wasn't sure where she would find them, but she thought they could be at the Greyflood port. That was the last thing she had heard about the elves that had fled. Whiteflame sped quickly, but Rilne was worried she wouldn't find them.

(I hope this is okay, I hope it doesn't mess everything up!)
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2006 02:50
The man walked casually up to Aear, hands out in a greeting of peace. She didn't lower her bow any further, and didn't take his hand, either. She just nodded at him.
"What is your business on our ship? Speak the truth, or this arrow will pierce you faster than you can say peace."
She raised her bow to prove her point. He began to speak, but as her and the other elves attention was fixed on him, many others sneaked on board, secretively, and no one noticed until it was too late.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2006 05:53
Nathron, slung his bow over his shoulder, while Aear was talking to the man who had come over, he climbed up towards the crows nest. Hoping to spot the other ship's weaknesses and any offensive that they could launch.
The red-haired elf noticed something out of the corner of his eye. A shape...a figure...moving into the ship...Nathron realised that this man was just a destraction.
"Aaiii! We're under attack! We've been boarded!" He shouted at the top of his lungs.
He drew his bow, and fired an arrow into the chest of one of their attackers. But he knew it was probably to late, the elves on his ship were to startled to gain much of an advantage.
He cursed his own lack of vigilance...he should have seen it coming!
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2006 07:51
Aear jumped at Nathron's yell, and the man drew his sword. She let her arrow loose, and watched as the man fell to the deck. She then began firing at will to anyone hostile. She noticed Nathron in the crow's nest, firing at five men advancing towards him. Aear fired an arrow at one, who was even with another, so both fell. She drew her dagger, and began hacking at any enemy that was in her way, trying to get to Nathron. She couldn't let him be overrun. She couldn't let him die.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2006 03:54
Nathron shot another arrow into the mob scene. But he knew that his shots would go awry if he kept this up, for when the other's would join in then they would surely present a target of themselves. And he did not need that.
Drawing his long slender blade, he grabbed a rope and shimmied down it. The thick cord burned his hand, but life at sea had made his skin resiliant to rope-burn. Nathron entered the fray, moving with the grace of a dancer, his sword a blurr.
"Aear! To me, gather everyone around the main mast!" He shouted to her.
Lithoniel_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2006 08:03
When he heard Nathron's cry Brannon grabbed his sister by the shoulders and pulled her towards the mast. She struggled for a moment then went with him.
"Brannon! I had a clear shot at the bowson!" she said frustrated.
"It's not the other ship we need to worry about now." he replied. Baleareth looked around her and saw more men on their own deck, wild bloodthirsty men they seemed to be. She let loose her still notched arrow and a man fell. Then she looked around her, Brannon was not by her. She could not see far into the mass of warriors and had a gripping feeling that something horrific would happen.
"Brannon!" she cried out desperately but amidst the noise of the battle her voice seemed to die instantly. She ran towards the main mast and shouted up to Nathron.
"Have you seen my brother! I cannot find him!"
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2006 10:55
Nathron fought...he fought with an anger he rarely felt. He loathed to be decieved more then anything in the world that he knew of. And the tretchery of this other ship only fueled that anger.
His blade sliced through a man's arm, another's gut. He did not stop to look. He blocked out their screams of pain with each swing of the silver-steel blade.
Baleareth was suddenly near him...shouldn't she be asleep still? e guessed not anymore.
"Have you seen my brother! I cannot find him!"
Nathron punched a man in the nose, then jumped up, grabbing ahold on the ropes about the mast. He looked, and looked, then jumped back down, avoiding his leg being cut off.
"I thought I saw him over there...but in this mob I can't be certain!" he shouted over the fray. "He should be near the other ship! But I think he was surrounded...I could not see clearly."
He paused, "Here," he threw her a long bladed knife. "Good luck."
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2006 11:22
Aear couldn't hear anything but her own heart and the sound of her sword as she killed her foes. One aimed a chop at her head. She was on the mast, he was on deck. She knew he wouldn't be able to reach her, so she kicked him in the face. He fell onto his back, were someone else beheaded him. She continued to climb, slashing at her enemy's ankles, watching them fall to the deck, but not hearing them scream. This was NOT the arrival home that she had in mind. She suddenly recalled earlier that night, in the clear air, moonlight shining on the water, the wind in her hair, Nathron telling her that he would wait for her on the ship when she confronted her mother, all her dreams had seemed to align and her life finally seemed to make sense. Now, with screams of pain bursting from all around her, bloodthirsty war cries from below, trying to reach her friend, but never getting there, she could hear nothing. Absolutely nothing but the beating of her scared heart, and her mind asking her why she had wanted to learn to fight, when all fights led to death.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2006 04:10
Nathron fought...he used his blade as any expert would in such situations. But he was realising that it was barely enough...Nathron decided to take another route. He punched the nearest guy with the pommel of the sword, then with his elbow struck the man behind him. He decided to fight b***** dirty!
He noticed Aear nearby...she was in a complete battle trance as far as Nathon could tell. He slid down a rope to her position, deciding that two are better then one.
"Mind a little company, Aear?" He said with a half felt jest, hoping to break the dangerous pattern she had settled into...just one kill after another.
Nathron still fought like a street fighter, he had learned this from where he knew not. But it was trully an effective weapon. Someone kicked him in the gut, and he was winded for a moment. He lashed out with his fist then the blade of his sword. The man fell in moments.
"Aear...do you know how many there are?" He asked, he could taste blood in his mouth but he ignored it.
Lithoniel_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2006 12:13
Baleareth looked at Nathron desperately wishing he could do more but knowing she was on her own. She eagerly took up the knife he had thrown in her direction. Slashing with wild fury she slowly tried to clear a path in front of her; the men seemed to multiply as she hewed them to the deck. Evil looking men they were with eyes full of hatred, she had no doubt that they were loyal to Morgoth the dark lord, but this only fueled her anger as she strove to find her brother. What had Nathron said? Brannon was surrounded! This realization made her rush through the throng only stoping to parry blows aimed at her by the enemies she passed. She saw a group of men fighting in somewhat of a circle and some fall dead but others came to take their places. She knew in her heart that Brannon was there but could see no way to him.

Brannon had pushed his sister to what safety he could but soon found himself being pulled away from her by the enemy. He was more skilled than Baleareth and had planned on protecting her, he hoped the little training he had been able to give her would serve her now. Amid his graceful slashing and parries he realized that he was being surrounded, as if the enemy were under special orders to kill him! He fought bravely but after a long time of combat began to weaken and tire; Brannon could see no way out.
Lithoniel_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2006 02:46
Amidst the noise of the battle Baleareth heard a high shriek. She looked up expecting to see more of Morgoth's servants come to finish them off but to her joyous surprise she raised her eyes to see huge eagles and hawks and all manner of hunting birds.
"The birds!" She cried "Mandos has remembered us! Look to the sky!" as if a beacon of hope and energy had surged down on the elves they began to fight with more quickness and accuracy all around her. Baleareth saw her brother and an opening to get to him. She ran to his side and giving him a flashing smile began to hack down those surrounding him.
As the birds descended on Morgoth's rabble screams of terror came from the men's throats but these were drown out by the battle cries of the elves.

Brannon was relieved to see his sister beside him and the birds the Lord of the Valar had undoubtedly sent to help them. He continued to cut down his attackers.

[Edited on 8/9/2006 by Lithoniel_Undomiel]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2006 10:53
Nathron sighed in realief when he heard Balereth crying out, telling all of the arrival of the birds. Of Mandos' apparent aide in their moment of despair. He fought on, the foes about him thinning. He did not notice the little troublesome things, and it cost him.
A sudden sharp pain errupted in his right calf. His leg buckled under him and he collapsed to the hard wooden deck of the ship. He looked through bleery eyes at the dark-crafted dagger imbedded in his leg. With a growl he pulled the dagger free, plunging it suddenly into the chest of the man who had attacked him. Nathron gasped slightly for breath, the blood of his enemy pooled over the floor and his hand was now covered in red blood that was not his own.
On shakey feet, with the aide of a nearby rope, he pulled himself up, his left leg now bearing all of his weight, for the right would not. There were few attackers now. So little so that it gave him the few minitues he needed to gather himself, and to locate his companions. Using his sword as a crutch he hobbled over to where Brannon amd Baleareth were still fighting, helping his young companions to kill off his enemies.
"Are you alright?" He asked, contolling the waves of pain that struck him as he unconciously put his leg down.
"Let us get rid of these bodies, and then let us prepare to dock the ship, for the haven is near at hand." He said, leaning on the side of the boat for support.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2006 11:06
Aear saw the dagger go into Nathron's leg. She had to swallow her fear for him as she continued to fight. She was reinvigorated when the birds came, and killed the last of her persuers. As soon as the birds were finished, she helped Nathron to his cabin, and started dressng his wound. He ached to go back to help clean up the deck, but Aear wouldn't hear of it.
"You need to rest your leg, Nathron, or it won't heal," she said, "no, no, you are staying here. Like it or not, I care about you enough that I won't let you damage your leg more," she said when he began to interrupt. There was a caring in her voice that hadn't been there before. She laid him on his cot, and went back outside, grabbed a mop, and starting swabbing the blood off of the part of the deck where bodies had been removed.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2006 01:21
Nathron tried to stop Aear from helping him, he did not need to be cared for as if he had been completely crushed by a wooden beam. It was only a cut and would heal soon enough. But the red-haired elf soon found out how stubborn Aear could be. He did not wish to just lie about idle while the others did work. But Aear would have none of it, forcing him into his cabin, dressing his wound, and he wasn't even given the chance to complain or raise an argument.
"no, no, you are staying here. Like it or not, I care about you enough that I won't let you damage your leg more,"

Nathron frowned, annoyed, who was she to mother him? He waited until she had left. He rose to his feet, limping towards the door, he found himself outside, he grabbed the nearest cloth and bucket, got on his knees, and started wiping the deck clean. A mop would do little mnore then spred it around. He hoped Aear wouldn't notice him.
Lithoniel_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2006 08:20
Baleareth was stained with blood and looked weary. She nodded at Nathron's directions and was almost to exhausted to notice how badly he looked.

But Brannon noticed and reached to help his friend but Aear beat him to it, so he turned his attention to his sister.
"Are you alright Baleareth?"
She nodded tiredly.
"What did you think of your first battle?" he said trying to sound cheerful.
"I'm glad we won... but I don't like it much."
Brannon shook his head, "Neither do I. Come, let us help the others."

Some of the larger birds began gripping the bodies of the men in their talons and carrying them over the side and dropping them unceremoniously into the sea, the elves' bodies they left to be properly taken care of. When this was done some elves set to work cleaning the deck, but Baleareth and Brannon went to see Narthon. Baleareth looked around for Aear, she felt the need for female company after such a horrific battle and Brannon stopped to speak to Narthon.

"You shouldn't be doing that, mellon nin!"

[Edited on 12/9/2006 by Lithoniel_Undomiel]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email