Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Sea, The Sea! (2) [all are welcome]
on: September 12, 2006 08:48
Nathron noitced Brannon standing beside him.
"You shouldn't be doing that, mellon nin!"

At that Nathron broke, "And who are you to tell me what to do?" All of the pent up frustraition and anger he had carried with him since the battle burst forth, he was sick to death of it all, "I can take care of myself, and I need NO ONE, to tell me what I should and should not do! DO I make myself clear?" Nathron starred at Brannon with harsh eyes, he did not want to hurt the young elf, but he was so sick and tired of being coddled.
Nathron was used to being on his own, and though he knew that people were only concerned about him, it only served to irk him. Nathron disgusted with himself turned back to the messy job of cleaning up the deck, completely ignoring Brannon. He was just so...tired of it all.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2006 12:16
Aear finished cleaning her area, and turned to see Nathron cleaning as well.
'He has a strong will about him' she thought to herself as she approached him.
"I see you do not listen to the heeds of a young elf such as myself. No matter. It is your choice to clean while you are wounded, just as it is your choice to wait for me when we dock, or sail away and leave me there. But I shall ask you again, in both subjects, will you wait for me? You have still not given me a clear answer if you will help me with my family issue." She chose her words carefully, sounding clever and mysterious, and at the same time, commanding. She had gotten that trait from her father, who was now dead. She was just entering adolescence when it happened, and she did not want to think about it. She asked Nathron this, because they were a few yards from the dock, and she could see her mother. Aear hoped that most of the blood had disappeared from the deck, so her mother wouldn't make a bigger fuss than usual.
"Be strong, Aearwing. You can confront her. You can live your dream on this boat!" she told herself, as she stood beside Nathron, who had just risen off of his knees.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2006 01:41
He continued to scrub the deck while Aear spoke. Asking him again if he would help her. He sighed, finished his job, and rose to his feet. Grunting slightly against the pain he limped over to the side of the boat, and leaned against it for support.
"Aear...I do not go back on my word." he said gently, "I wil wait for you at the docks. Here infact." He smiled weakly, "Do not fear that I will abandon you. I will not."

OOC: Wow, I had thought this thread dead! Yay, that it's back!
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2006 08:22
Aear smiled weakly at Nathron, and dismounted the boat. She took a deep breath before walking towards her mother.
"Aearwing! I'm so glad you're back! Now you can be a lady again! No more nonsense of riding bareback throught the dirty forests, no more cat hair on your bed. You shall be a civilized elf," she said loudly. She embraced Aear, who pushed her away.
"How dare you," Aear hissed, "Acting as though you love me when really all you want is to be rid of me,"
"Now, Aearwing!"
"It's Aear now. None of that fancy name, fancy elf business. I want to stay on this boat. You never let me near water, and now I have discovered it suits me exceedingly well. And I absolutely refuse to be a lady! Riding my horse is fun, and I love my cat. If it weren't for you, I would probably know how to swim, and enjoy the water even more! I am not staying with you, not without supervision to check you,"
"You dare take that tone with me! I would never allow you to be on that forsaken boat for the very reason that you cannot swim, and it's full of bad-smelling seawater,"
"It smells wonderful!"
"The only reason you left in the first place was to practice your healing abilities in the battle. I hope you did that,"
"Yes, and it was short; most of my time was spent on that boat. It's my home now!"
"Your home is with other well-mannered elves, not with that...that.....those creatures!" she screamed, pointing at Nathron, who was now standing at the bow.
"I despise you with a passion, mother. My life has been horrible because of you, and if I have to spend one more day in your life, I will end my own! Why did you have me if you can't even stand me?" Aear hissed to her mother, and turned around to run back up the ramp on the ship before her mother could say another word.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2006 08:32
"Your home is with other well-mannered elves, not with that...that.....those creatures!"

Nathron fought to keep his smile at bay, if this mother only knew his own history...she might have to change a few of her words.
Aear ran up the plank, and Nathron put his arm out, taking her gently by the shoulder. He smiled, nodding his head. He walked down the plank to where Aear's mother stood.
"You should be proud of your daughter, she is better then any man, or any lady, I have ever met. Do not judge her on her likes and dislikes." Nathron bowed to her, and started up the plank back to the boat.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email