Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post The warriors of harad
on: December 01, 2006 11:12
O.k this is pretty open for ideas, except that the story is in the third age when Sauron calls upon the haradrims in the war of the ring...(( i wanted to try something different from the usual rangers and gondorians thing)). Your free to join in but please send me a quick pm saying who your character is and if he/she is in the db. And tell me any of your ideas as well

------------------------------------------

The sun was powerfully beating down all of its strength onto the land below. In North harad there were few trees and tufts of grass shot out in places that had recieved the slightest trace of water in the past month, then they wavered and died. The town streets were deserted as people were inside their houses, sheltering from the force and deadly heat of the sun.

The houses of stone and the huge thick walls of the town were prepared for the onslaught of heat, but no life was.
Inside one of the finest houses of the town an augument was raging."I have told you before, and ill tell you again, my lord wants your troops quickly"a sly voice slithered.
"You will not demand anything from Harad, we will come when we feel we are truly needed, and do you even realise the sheer scale of how big Harad is. Im sure on your legs you oculd not walk from the north to the south in your lifetime, i will send a message to my lord about what you have requested."

A slimy man was then pushed out of the ambasadors house and onto the street, he stood for a while, then realised he needed to find shade when his feet began to burn on the road.

The ambassador came to sit on a chair in the meeting room. Lachon looked at him pensively. Then he said"So my lord, shall i arange a Mumakil to take you to the king."
"If you would Lachon, then i would be very gratefull"the ambassador said, and then fell into a deep sleep.

Lachon got up and walked to the door.
'So sauron wants the Harads to fight with him, does he, well i shall be going to this war i , and i shall slice the head off any who oppose me' He thought.Then he walked down the marble corridors and called a servant to order transport for the ambassador. Then he walked into a room where he and his friends gathered, he had some news to tell them. The harradrim warriors were going to war!
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The warriors of harad
on: December 16, 2006 11:36
Malek was patting his neck with a cool cloth when Lachon entered the room where he and a few others were. War did he say?

"War?" Malek said, "With who? Not those blasted nomads again, who think our territory is theirs to take."

Malek was a soldier himself, and had just gotten back from that said war just a few months ago. His family was so happy to see him home, especially his sister who always worried about everyone. But this time when he came home she was glad to see him because it gave her an escuse to not be with her betroth for long. She is to marry a soldier herself, a general, who is more arrogant than anyone. He feels bad for her in that respect, but she'll be well supported.

"I wish not to be in yet another war my friend." Malek commented.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2006 04:45
"What"Lachon laughed. "This is no mere bandit and rebel war, this is a war far to the north that could chenge our lives. Where is everyone else?"He finished looking aroung the large room that was empty save the two of them.

It was strange because the room was nbormally quite full at this time of day but Lachon just dismissed it as being because of the extraudinarily hot weather on this day.

"Malek, i havent seen you in a while, how has your day been so far?
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2006 06:42
Malek pondered his first words for a moment.

"The north?" he paused again, "You mean all those rumors about Mordor and this final battle are true? Maybe this war could change our lives, though for better or worse is yet to be seen." he sighed, "It will be a risk to enter such a war, and we must choose our side carefully ..." he trailed off.

He shrugged his shoulders when Lachon asked where everyone was, not truly knowing himself. And spoke again when he asked how his day was.

"My day? Hot, what else?" he chuckled, "Mainly though I've been relaxing, finishing up a few reports on my regiment," he sighed, "And keeping my dear sister, Lavela, out of my hair."
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2006 01:33
Ciryn walked into the room, frowning deeply and cursing under her breath. The back of her clothing was covered in stripes of blood. She went over to where they kept some water, took the strip of cloth she wore around her head off, and dipped it in the water. She wiped the sweat from her face, and then wet the cloth again, wrung it out and tied it around her head again. Ciryn straightened up painfully, wincing. "Why do the overseers have to whip us all just for the fun of it?" she muttered. She looked at Lachon and Malek. "Why so thoughtful?" she asked. "What's happened?"
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2006 01:43
Lachon looked at Ciryns back and became enraged.

"I have told them many times before not to hurt you Ciryn. Try to stay away from them, and unless they want to spend long amounts of times in the dank, dark cells in the prison, they will stop".

Lachon had always felt like an older brother to Ciryn and therefore also tended to be quite protective of her, especially when she was hurt.

He then told Ciryn the story of going to war with Sauron the great, and he watched with delight as her face seemed to light up. She always seemed to get excited at the mention of war.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2006 01:20
Malek automatically got up and began to tend Ciryns' wounds carefully.

"When are we to head out?" he asked after cleaning Ciryn up and taking a seat again.

Most soldiers were taught medical procedures, but Malek was exceptionally good at being careful and precise. Hence why when someone was hurt, he'd take care of them before anyone asked.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2006 01:29
Scyra was in a mumakil pen, tending the huge beast.
She wiped sweat from her forehead, her job was always to feed the mumakil and help prepare them for traveling. Scyra didn't like this job anymore though, she hadn't minded it when she was a young teen, but she was almost twenty and she was tired of this job, of not being able to fight with the other warriors.
She had taught herself much about using a sword, since she had no family. She knew she wasn't very skilled, but she knew enough to start training. But evertime she asked to join the army, they would tell her she was too small, too skinny to fight. "You wouldn't last an hour in the war!" They would say.
Scyra was a slim maiden, but she had a fire in her, and she was determinded to fight in a battle someday.
"You may go now Lyttlebeorn." The head care taker of the mumikil said.Scyra glared at him, she hated that nam,e more than any. "Why can you not call me my real name." Scyra asked, anger was in her voice. He simply laughed. Lyttlebeorn was a nickname he had given her, and it meant 'little warrior', and anything that referred to her being little she hated. Scyra wiped her hands and walked out, her brown eyes looked intense, but it was because the more she thought about not being allowed to fight, the more angry she became. She let her hair down as she made her way to the stable where she kept her horse Stormryne, he was her only friend.
She walked by a tent and heard some people talking. She stopped. "War?" Scyra whispered. She peeked inside to see who was in there. Three people, they seemed kind and they were not leaders they looked like warriors, so if she spoke to them they would not throw her out of the tent and beat her for listening to their conversation, or at least she hoped.
Scyra got up enough courage to walk in and speak to the warriors. She lifted her chin and closed her eyes, then she stepped into the doorway.
She opened her brown eyes and looked at them. "I am sorry but I couldn't help over hearing you talk about war. I want to join the army and fight, can you tell me more about it?" Scyra asked, then she realized she had not told them her name. "I am Scyra." Scyra said, she decided not to tell them what she did for a living, unless they asked.

(I hope this is good.)
ooc: I got my person in the db now, you can go and look at it if you want, it might clue you in to her past.

[Edited on 23/12/2006 by ElfmaidenofLorien]

[Edited on 23/12/2006 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2006 09:48
Ciryn thanked Malek, and was about to sit down when a thin girl walked in. She looked to be a few years older than Ciryn herself, and Ciryn recognised her from somewhere, but she could not place her finger on it. "Oh yes, I have seen you with the Mumakil when I take them down to drink," she said, smiling.

"Lachon, soon the army will be overtaken by women like me and Scrya here, and the numbers of fighting men will dwindle," Ciryn joked, smiling with a glint in her eye. "But indeed, I too would like to know more. When do we leave? I know you have armour, but I do not, what should I do about that?" She pulled a chair out for herself, and one for Scrya, sitting down on it and wincing slightly as the muscles in her back moved against the fresh, but clean, wounds.

[Edited on 24/12/2006 by bow_and_arrow]
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2006 04:10
"A message is being sent to the emperor now and i am sure that he will confirm that iut is our duty to go to war. If i estimate it, we should be leaving in about 2 months, and it will take just as long to reach the north, where our battles will take place. In the meantime, everyone get training and cleaning your armour, and if you dont have armour, then i suggest you apply for it".

Lachon finished and looked at the girl who had walked in,"So Scyra, you work in the mumakil pens. Well it just so happens that i need a carer for my mumakil when we go on our long journey up north, maybe you could go for that job, and if you want to be in a war, it will be a fine chance for you!"

He turned to everyone and prepared for the onslaught of questions.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2006 06:42
Scyra was surprised that the other woman acted so kind to her.
Scyra sat down, she stayed silent and watched everyone carefully.
When Lachon said he needed someone to care for his mumikil, at first she didn't want to, she didn't want to be treated like a servant, but then when he said she would be able to go to war she became excited. "I will do it sir." Scyra said, her brown eyes lit up when she heard they would let her go to war.
Once he was done speaking she stood. "I must go and tend to my horse." Scyra said, she bowed them left.
"Finally I will be free!" Scyra exclaimed. She ran to the stables. "Stormryne! We will go to war soon! Lachon said the war would be in 2 months." Scyra said, she smiled as she brushed Stormryne. "Let's go for a ride Stormryne." Scyra said. She rarely went for rides because she would get in trouble with Melik, her overseer. She was his apprentice, and if she went missing he got very angry.
Scyra mounted her friend, she could ride him bareback. She rode out of the stables then Scyra spurred him to a gallop.
Scyra breathed the air in deeply. "Freedom." Scyra whispered. Then she threw her hands in the air, although she clung tightly to Stormryne with her legs, and shouted, "Freedom!"
She always felt that she was looked upon like a servant. She figured it was because she had no family and was merely a servant to Melik.
"I shall show them all what I can do." Scyra said, she intended to go back after her ride and find some armor, and maybe a new sword. She had a sword that was given to her years ago. She was told it was her Father's sword. She cherished it and practiced with it all the time, but it was old. "I'll show it to Lachon and see what he thinks." Scyra thought.
She continued to ride until it became dark, then she began to make her way back to the stables.
"Good night friend." Scyra said before she left. Then she made her way to her tent and fell asleep.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2006 08:53
Malek sighed as he listened to Lachon tell the women they could fight.

"I think you are right Ciryn the army will soon be overrun with women at this rate. Harad women are strong yes, but we can't have a decrease in their population. It would be devastating to our overall population. Lachon, keep the number of women in this war limited."

"There you are Malek, come home mother and father wanted you to have dinner with us tonight," proclaimed Lavela as she stood by the enterance. Dark skinned, black haired, and brown eyes made up this much desired sister of Malek. She was no warrior, but the traditional girl be perpared to become a wife and mother.

"I'm coming sister, before I go Lachon - when do you wish to meet again tomarrow morning or later? You're welcomed too Ciryn."
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2006 10:42
"Tomorrow morning sounds fine, if we meet here," Ciryn said, smiling. She stood up again, wincing involutarily. She put a hand to her back - the wounds were bleeding, but only slightly. "Well, Lachon, I think I shall go and find some armour, if they will give any to a woman," she said, smiling again. She strode out of the tent, drawing her curved sword, and slashed the air with it, spinning round and finishing with a downward slash, before sheathing it and heading for the tent they used as an armoury with the smile still on her normally scowling face. War can do good things for people, she decided, entering the tent.

Twenty minutes later, Ciryn came out of the tent, carrying a bundle in her arms. They had only given her second hand armour of a man who had died recently, and it was well-worn and marked a lot. But as he had not died in battle, she knew that it would serve her as well as any other. Ciryn went back to the tent where she slept, and after putting the bundle in a roughly made wooden chest by her bed that held all of her worldly possessions, she fell onto the pile of blankets that was her bed and lay awake, her mind jostling with thoughts.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2006 12:07
The next morning Scyra woke very early. She wanted to find some armor before she had to go to the mumikil pens.
"[i][/i]You want armor?" The man asked. "Yes, will you get me some?" Scyra said, she was getting very annoyed. "I doubt we will have any to fit you." The man said, he looked like he was about to laugh. "You get me that armor, NOW!" Scyra shouted, she was angry now. "Don't you dare shout at me!" The man shouted back. Scyra closed her eyes and breathed deeply, trying to calm herself. "Would you find me some armor, sir." Scyra asked again. The man walked to the back of the room and picked up some armor. He threw it at her feet. "That is the smallest armor I have, if it doesn't fit you, you'll have to make your own." The man said. "Thank you." Scyra said, anger still lingered in her voice. She picked up the armor and left.
She ran back to her house and put the armor inside then ran to the mumikil pens. "You are late, would you care to explain why." Melik said. Scyra knew he was angry, but she couldn't tell him what she was doing, he would kill her. "I woke up late." Scyra said. "I knwo you better than that Scyra, what are you up to?" Melik asked. Scyra bit her lip. "Thinking of escaping again are you? You will never leave Harad to go on your wild adventures. I'd have your hide first." Melik said. Scyra threw some feed into a mumikils pen. Melik grabbed her arm. "If you escape I'll chase after you, so if thats your plan you had better tell me now, or I'll whip you." Melik said, he was getting very angry. "I'm old enough to have secrets Melik." Scyra said. "Maybe, but you were given to me to serve me, you will do as you're told." Melik said. Scyra glared at him. "I am not a servant! I was given to you as an apprentice, to learn a trade!" Scyra shouted. "Rankir! Come here." Melik shouted. Rankir was Melik's son, he did all his dirty work for him. "Rankir, Scyra needs to learn a lesson the hard way. Take her out back." Melik said. Scyra had been whipped before, but now that she was older she knew an escape route.
Scyra turned and ran as fast as she could, but Rankir jumped and grabbed her ankles before she could get far and she fell to the ground.

Scyra was taken out back and given a good whipping, then put back to work.
Scyra cringed with every movement.
She was allowed to leave early becuase she was not helping at all.
Scyra started to drag herself home, but eventually she fell down on the street. "Get up Scyra! You don't want people to think you are weak!" Scyra told herself. She stood back up but it was so painful. Rankir could cleave flesh from bone with his whip, but he had gone easy on her today, even though it left very deep marks on her back.
She continued down the street. "I have to get out of here." Scyra said, she hated this place and she didn't want to go back to Melik. "I wouldn't get far with these wounds, I will have to act normal until it is time to leave for war." Scyra said.
She apssed by the tent where she had met the warriors, she stopped and realized they were there again. Scyra wanted to walk by the tent and get home but when she started to walk again she tripped and fell. She cringed when she fell on the ground, her wounds began to sting terribly. She began to suddenly feel weak. "I can't be weak." Scyra said. She pushed herself up so that she was on her hands and knees.
Then the man from the armory saw her and walked over, he had some friends as well. "Well, well, what do we have here?" The man said, he smiled evilly. "Get out of here!" Scyra shouted. "Got beat up did you? You certainly deserve it." The man said, his friends laughed along. Scyra felt pretty stupid, she was tougher than this.
Scyra stood and looked the man in the eye. "Can't you see I've already been put to shame? Why can't you go and find someone else to pick on?" Scyra said, she was too weak to bother with mean words. The man looked at her for a mintue, then turned and left.
She took two more steps then fell down and could not get back up. She closed her eyes and fell into darkness. Her weak state had overcome her, she was just too weak to move anymore.

(I figure she probably fainted from the pain and maybe some blood loss, just so you know)

[Edited on 25/12/2006 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2006 03:13
(and proberly the extreme heat aswell)

Lachon heard people taking outside and so he looked out of the door. Only to find Scyra lying on the floor, her back soaked in blood. He picked her up and pulled her into the shade of the room. Then he gave her some water and put her in the coolest corner while he went to sit down on one of the chairs at the side of the room.

"Ciryn, could you go to the mumakil pens and please ask who has done this to the young girl. If you find them tell them to come here immediately, i dont care if there will be a mumakil running around if they do not look after it, i want to speak to them!"lachon said a politely as he could, but he was getting angrier and angrier with people who beat others for minor reasons!
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2006 11:42
(Most likely it was the heat too)

Scyra laid unconscious for a long time.
She woke and it was still daylight. She tried to sit up but then she felt a terribly pain on her back.
She gritted her teeth. She remembered what had happened. "Where am I?" Scyra thought, she realized she was not at home.
She looked at the front of the tent and saw Lachon telling Ciryn to go and find Melik.
Scyra didn't want to have to see Melik again. She looked around for an escape route, but knew that even if she tried to escape she would not make it due to the pain. She had scars over scars now.
Scyra laid back down, she was too tired to try to stop them. If she was feeling stornger she would have told them that she could take care of herself and she didn't need their help.
But in her state she knew she would need some help, and she knew no one else would give her any help.
She took a drink from the water that was beside her, then laid back down and fell asleep.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2006 02:16
Malek walked into the room finding a half conscious girl in the corner of the room, caked with blood. He sighed a little, then left but was quickly back with a bag of medical supplies. He got to work on cleaning and medicating the wounds, but would have to wait until she woke up to give her the bottle of medicine.

"They really must take the whips away from these men.." he mumbled, "I can't keep doing this or I'll become a healer before I know it. She'll be all right, everything just needs time to heal." he commented as he rose, and put his things away.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2006 10:46
Scyra woke again. She didn't feel much pain.
Scyra sat up and felt her back, her wounds had been cleaned. She looked around the tent to see who had cleaned her wounds.
She saw Lachon was sitting down by another man who's name was Malek.
"Thank you for helping me." Scyra said, her voice had lost its usual roughness.
Then she saw Ciryn walk in with Melik and Rankir.
Scyra looked away from them, she knew what was going to happen.
Melik would explain how she had misbehaved and then she would be put back into the hands of Melik and most likey be beaten to her death.
"No, he wouldn't kill me, he needs me to work for him." Scyra thought.
She could hear little bits of their conversation. "I made my son whip her, she was planning to escape." Melik said. One of the warriors spoke, then Melik spoke again. "I am sorry that she has bothered you, I will take her away at once." Melik said. "Get her Rankir." Melik said, but Rankir was stopped by one of the warriors.
Scyra watched with amazment. "Why are they standing up for me?" Scyra wondered, no one had ever stood up for her, she always had to protect herself.
Scyra watched as the scene unfolded before her, she knew ther would be a fight or something like that because Rankir and Melik were getting very angry at the warriors that were defending Scyra.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2006 05:52
Ciryn brought Melik and Rankir into the room, her eyes narrowed dangerously at them. As the scene unfolded before her eyes, she could feel the anger boiling up inside her, until it was almost uncontrollable. She had also been beaten by these two men, and she hated them so much it was almost overpowering.

Then, without thinking of the consequences, she stepped towards the two advancing men and slapped them both backhanded, so hard that they both stumbled and Melik fell over. Then she brought him back to his feet, gripping him the clothes covering his back, and shoved them both out of the tent. They looked back at her, partly surprised, but mostly in fury, and she half drew the curved sword at her waist, her eyes glittering with hate and determination. After a moment of tense silence, they turned and stormed off, and Ciryn spat vehemently at their retreating backs.

She went back into the tent and sat down, putting her head in her hands so no one could see the expression on her face.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2006 08:02
Scyra's mouth dropped open when the scene unfolded before her.
Scyra stood. She couldn't seem to understand why anyone would do her a favor, but she was very happy.
"Thank you for helping me, but I think I had better go." Scyra said, she didn't want anymore favors. Her back ached and stung a little, but she didn't care.
Lachon and the others tried to stop her but she insisted she needed no more help. "I can take care of myself." Scyra said.

When she left she went ot the stables and fed and watered Stormryne. "I guess they will be my friends, we will be fighting together someday." Scyra thought. Then she shook her head. "But you cannot trust people in this land, I will have to be careful." Scyra said, her voice had regained its usual roughness.

(Scyra is kind of a tough case, not really friendly. But I think she will eventually grow a friendship with Lachon and the others.)
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2006 08:01
After the consequences of trying to settle the situation of handling whips diplomatically, (with Cyrins slapping) Lachon began to laugh and he sat with his arm around his fiery-spirited friend.

"Cyrin, what would i do without you" he chortled.

Then Scyra left and Lachon attempted to comfort her before she went, but he knew when to stop, when someone wanted to fend for themselves. After all, he was best friends with Cyrin and she was a tought case sometimes.

"Malek, did you like that little scene, thats entertainment for you"Lachon said.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2006 05:18
"As I said, the Harad women are strong." he grinned, "I shall see if I can't speak with my future brother-in-law, General Amir, and get those whips removed. Those overseers will more likely heed his words than ours."

"What of this war now? How many men are we transporting? And are we even going to side with Sauron? He has been defeated before, and his armies are made up of mindless orcs.."
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2006 10:26
When Ciryn heard that Malek was going to try and get the whips removed, her face lit up, and she looked up to them. Then she heard Malek's doubts about siding with Sauron. "I did think that," said Ciryn, looking up, "But I did not think that it was my place to say," she added with a mischevious smile.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2006 04:53
When Scyra returned home she sat down on her bed.
She couldn't believe all that had happened that day. She wondered if Melik would come after her. "Probably not, now that he knows I have friends in high places." Scyra thought.
Then she looked at the armor she had hidden, it was sitting in the corner. Scyra walked over and tried it on. It didn't fit very well, but it would have to do. "If I wanted it to fit I would probably have to have it made to fit me." Scyra said, but she didn't mind.
Then she pulled out her sword and swung it around a little. She looked at her sword proudly, but then realized she wasn't sure if it would be any use in battle. "I should ask Lachon, he will tell me." Scyra said. She took off the armor and tied the belt with the sheath attached around her waist. She put the sword in the sheath.
She ran out to the tent where she hoped they would still be. She ran in and saw they were still there. "Lachon, I wanted to ask you if this sword will be suitable for battle." Scyra said, she handed it to him. "It was my father's, the only possesion I've ever owned." Scyra said, she looked upon it with pride.
Then she looked up at Lachon. "Will it be good for fighting?" Scyra asked again.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2006 12:17
Lachon looked at her sword intently for a while. It was sharp, but in some places blunt with age.
"Come with me Scyra, i wiull take you to where we can get this blade ready for fighting again, i see that in its time the sword was great."

So he dismissed himself from everyone else and took Scyra to one of his friends, who spent his time making and repairing swords and armour. And when they were at his workshop he saw that Scyra was looking at the pieces of fine armour with interest.

"The sword will have to stay here overnight, it will be ready in the morning. But Scrya, what have you for armour?"Lachon asked.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2006 06:41
Scyra sighed when he asked her what armor she had. "Some unfitting armor that was given to me by the armory. But so not worry, I will be able to wear it." Scyra explained.

Scyra took one last look at her sword before she left, then she made her way home.
The day was ending and Scyra wanted to ride Stormryne before nightfall.
Scyra jumped on Stormryne and raced out across the empty barren land.
She loved the freedom of just being able to run.
Then she saw something ahead of her. Scyra reined in Stormryne and squinted to see what it was. "Orcs?" Scyra said. Something wasn't right about this, they were not the enemies of Sauron so why was he sending his servants here?
Scyra decided to go and warn Lachon and the others of this.
Scyra rode as fast as she could back to the tents.
"Lachon! Malek! Ciryn!" Scyra cried. Then she saw one of them and reined in Stormryne. "I saw orcs not far from here, they are coming this way!" Scyra said, she gasped her breath after the hard riding.
( I figure which ever one of you gets here first will be the one Scyra spoke to.)
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2006 10:02
"Orcs?" said Ciryn, still buckling on her sword belt. "But why would Sauron send his servants here? Where did you see them?"

When Scyra gestured the way, Ciryn ran out to see if she could see them. They were close, and she ran back. "Definitely orcs, and they don't look all that friendly. I'll get Lachon and Malek..." Ciryn ran back to the tent to fetch them.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2006 12:33
Scyra turned Stormryne around so she could watch as the orcs came closer.
"What did we ever do to them?" Scyra whispered.
She had no armor on and she didn't have her sword so she had no way to attack them if they tried anything, and she was so mad right now that she wanted to go and cut some of their heads off!
"Ciryn! You had better hurry, they are getting closer!" Scyra called. She felt pretty helpless sitting on her horse without a blade or armor.
Stormryne began to back up and sidestep when the orcs came close. "Quiet Stormryne." Scyra whispered in her own language.
"Hey you! We come to talk with your leaders!" An orc called. Scyra stayed still, not sure what to say. She looked back and saw Ciryn coming with the others.
"They are coming." Scyra shouted back, her eyes burned with anger again. Why would they intrude like this? They were Mordor's allie. Scyra then turned to the others. "They want to talk with our leaders." Scyra said.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2007 12:50
When Lachon had heard there were orcs nearby, he quickly rushed off to get the ambassador.

They both arrived at the field where the orcs were and Lachon told everyone to remain silent whilst the ambassador was speaking.

They watched him walk off with one of the largest orcs and there they bagan to have a heated argument, but it soon died down and they walked back in silence. Lachon turned to the rest of the orcs and touched the hilt of his sword
"Be off now, all of you, we are preparing to come to your aid, be off"He said, half shouting at the end.

They watched the orcs turn and walk away. Lachon and the company turned towards the mbassador, and Lachon heard someone ask what had happened.
"The orcs were simply waning us that we needed to hury, as is their impatient nature. I don't think they want to go to war without us. We must quicken the muster of our troops!"
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2007 10:46
Ciryn sighed, not admitting that the arrival of the orcs had made her uneasy. "Well, how can we quicken it any more?" she asked. "They'll just have to be more patient, everyone is in disarray," she said. She turned and went back to the mumakil pens where she worked to take the huge beasts down to where they drank each day. The two men who she had hit the other day were supervising, and she felt her heart sink. She kept her head lowered, hoping that they would not recognise her, but it was bound not to fool them.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2007 07:13
Scyra wasn't sure what to do, so she left and put Stormryne in the stables.
"We will be going to war soon." Scyra thought, she was very pleased with this.
She was amking her way to the mumikil pens, she knew that Melik would still need her, and she had promised Lachon that she would take care of the mumikil for him when they began the journey to war.
"What are you doing here?" Scyra heard Melik's voice, but he was not speaking to her.
Scyra stopped and looked to see who he was talking to.
"This is the one that slapped us. I can't believe you have the courage to come around here." Melik said.
"Ciryn!" Scyra whispered.
"I say we teach her a lesson about telling people how to run their jobs and how to treat their workers." Melik said. Rankir came over and stood by his father.
Scyra saw Rankir pull out his whip. "Stop!" Scyra shouted. She jumped out and stood in front of Ciryn with her blade drawen.
"Oh look, it's lyttlebeorn." Melik said in a mocking tone. "Stop it. I will strike you if you try to harm my friend." Scyra said, she glared at him and her brown eyes seemed black.
"You have no friends Scyra. You are nothing but a servant." Rankir said. "Maybe I didn't before but I have now, and I am not a servant to anyone!" Scyra said angrily.
Then Rankir grabbed Ciryn's arm. Scyra lunged at him with her sword, but Melik caught her from behind.
Scyra had a good grip on her sword and would not let it drop from her hand.
Scyra saw Rankir pull out his whip again and this angered her.
Then Scyra pulled free of Melik and struck Rankir.
She severed Rankir's right arm off.
Rankir cried out loudly from the pain. Scyra grabbed Ciryn's arm and ran as fast as she could.

She didn't stop until she was far from the mumikil pens. "Are you alright Ciryn?" Scyra asked. Scyra knew she was in much trouble, but she also knew she now had friends to protect her.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: January 03, 2007 09:58
We have a 'Malek', a 'Melik', and a 'Rankir' in this thread. Would someone please clarify whose chars are whose for me, please.

Elfmaiden, is Rankir your char? If not, did you have permission to chop off his arm?
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2007 04:53
((Malek = your's truly
Melik and Rankir = ElfmaidenofLorien
So yes, she kind of did have permission to chop off his arm. Not a very genteel way of dealing with a foe, but it's one way of doing it .. ))

Once everything was straightened out with the orcs, Malek headed home for another dinner and another story from the General waiting for him. As he entered the house he was asked why he was late and explained. Amir asked whether or not things were settled or he would go and help the ambassador. Much to his sister's grief Malek said that things were all right, the orcs were just impatient.

Soon Malek brought up the whip problem and asked if Amir could do anything about it. He hesitated, and stroked his goatee. Lavela perked up at the question, one of her dear friends was a servant and usually came to her with whip wounds.

"Please Amir, can't you do something?" she pleaded using all her beauty, especially her eyes, to persuade him, "I mean, truthfully, whipping people is useless. A person is whipped to where they can't work anymore so nothing gets done," she explained.

Malek watched as the strong General melted completely under his sister's gaze. Malek couldn't help but grinned, he'd seen his sister "persuade" before, it almost always worked. Before anyone knew it, Amir was up and heading for the door to speak with the overseers right then and there. Malek never knew it could work that fast! He was quick to the General's heels.

As they headed for the pens first, Malek thought he saw Scyra and Ciryn pass them by. Inside they were met with the sight of an armless man and another trying to help him. Malek immediately went to his aid, while Amir stood outraged.

"Who did this?" he yelled.

"Those two women!" cried Melik.

Realization hit Malek, as he wrapped up Rankir. This was Scyra and Ciryn's doing, what were they thinking? They would surely be punished for such a thing.

"Take him to a proper healer," Malek said to Melik who was quick to obey.

The General was now shouting that those women needed to be found and punished. Malek tried to reason with him that it was probably self-defense, and that this is what the whippings have led to. Amir settled down a bit, but he still wanted to at least speak with the women.

Malek was out the door, and was quick to find Ciryn and Scyra.

"Do either of you have any idea of how much trouble you're in? What on earth do you think you're doing? I just got the general to consider removing the whips, but now that may not happen since you decided to slice a man's arm off! I've calmed him down and he probably won't have either of you killed, but he wants to speak with you," he finished frustrated and angered.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2007 05:54
Lachon was in a meeting with the ambassador when a man hurried in and whispered into his ear."Something urgent has happened that you need to see to master".

Lachon dismissed himself and walked quickly to the healing hut, where a man was wailing in pain whilst the main healer was stitching up the end of his arm, that looked like it had been severed from his body by a sword.

------------------

He stormed out of the hut and, outraged, walked to the meeting house where he thought his friends might be. There he found them.

"What are you doing Scyra, the moment i see a mjob for you you decide to slice off a mans arm. How dare you, i will not be surprised if the whole town is in uprage when they hear about this. Tell me your side of this story"

---Can everyone please check out the ooc thread so we can clear the characters up. Thanks---

[Edited on 4/1/2007 by Irmo_of_lorien]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2007 06:19
Scyra knew she was in way over her head. Everyone was so angry at her, and she understood why.
"I didn't just cut his arm off for sword practice! Here is my side of the story. I was walking back to the mumikil pens to help take care of them when I heard Melik speaking with someone. I stayed quiet and listened for a while, then I looked over and saw it was Ciryn. Rankir was about to whip her so I jumped out to defend her, but then Melik grabbed me and Rankir had Ciryn and was about to whip her. So I pulled free of Melik and struck Rankir. I was only doing it to defend Ciryn, Rankir always brags about how he can cleave flesh from bone and I didn't want Ciryn to get hurt." Scyra explained, the last few sentences were spoken very softly.
"I know I have done a great wrong, but the rage of seeing Rankir about to whip someone was too much for me to withhold." Scyra said, her head was bowed. She couldn't look anyone in the eye. "Tell me Lachon, what will they do to me?" Scyra asked, she didn't want Ciryn to get any of the punishment because she had nothing to do with it, she was the victim, almost.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email