Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Restless By Heart, Wanderer By Nature (see ooc)
on: February 19, 2007 07:08
Singalice watched; half fascinated, half digested as Leyn and Hilderinc argued. her calm, laid back personality made their conversation seem senseless. but then, she thought, I have suffered no great loss. All that I have seen is peace.

Unsure of what to do she turned her horse back to the path. she followed it languidly for a few meters, then exasperated with her thoughts, she kicked Gwenhyfra into a gallop few meters down the path.

Soon they slowed to a quick lope, and singalice let her thought turn back to the people she left behind. Her conscience pricked her and she almost turned back. Then she smiled; she was scouting the road for them. no doubt they would catch up to her at the inn, and she could thank Leyn for her hospitality.

Singalice glanced down at the path and stopped; there were fresh hoof prints in the dust. She sat still, no one had passed them, she was sure of that so who was this? Singalice made sure her sword was loose in her sheath then followed the tracks along the path.

it was a little past noon when she lost the track among the confusing track in front of the inn. Singalice dismounted and noticed with some surprise that it was the Red Fox Inn. It was much closer that she had expected. Then she noticed a dark horse and the man who called him self Sol. Singalice turned red to the roots of her hair; shame flooded her, for not only failing to notice that he had left, but that she had been following him!
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2007 11:56
"I am Hilderinc." Hilderinc said, then he noticed that most everyone had disappeared.
"I think we have been abandoned." Hilderinc said, this was not the first time it had happened to him.
Hilderinc spurred Darkfire to a canter, he still felt tension whenever he was around Leyn, he felt like she was putting up a barrier, she did not want to be friends or anything of the sort.
Hilderinc kind of felt the same way, he had become very cautious now.
He noticed fresh horse prints and sighed. The others had simply taken off without them.
"I think your friends have gone ahead without us. I'm sure we will meet with them at the inn." Hilderinc called back to the Leyn and her remaining companion.
Then he focused ahead and did not look back, he fell into the dreaded silence that he hated so much because it gave him time to think, and his thoughts continually went back to that horrible night, he had to tell the people of Edoras what had really happened, and he dreaded that more than anything.

(I didn't want to leave Hathien out of this, is she still with us?)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 23, 2007 12:04
Leyn nodded and urged Verelin faster. The black stallion bunched his muscles and leaped into a quick gallop. "We will meet up with the others soon enough, boy, right?" she asked her horse as he galloped along. Verelin whickered and tossed his head. Sure enough, there were prints in the worn road that led towards the village.

Around a quarter of an hour later, both horse and rider entered the village and immediately spotted the Red Fox Inn. There was a shingle that hung from it; it was painted forest green with a red fox painted on it. She tethered Verelin outside and looked around. It seemed to be quiet, but Leyn was taking no chances. She placed on hand on Hwethgwynar's hilt and stepped into the inn. Catching the eye of the innkeeper, she asked, "Is there anyone around here who has knowledge of stories from Rohan?"

"Aye, lady," the grizzled keeper replied, gazing over the top of crystal glasses at her. "He resides over yonder near the fire." He nodded his head at a young man who sat reading near the blazing fireplace. "He can help you with most things. He is quite an intelligent fellow, our Thuric is."

"Thank you, good sir," Leyn replied graciously, noting the clean look of the place and sighing inwardly with relief. It didn't seem that there were ruffians to be had around here. She made her way over towards the man called Thuric and asked in a quiet voice, "Pardon me, but I was told that you know quite a few stories of Rohan. I was wondering if you could tell me something or possibly help me."

The man glanced at her with startlingly blue eyes. "Perchance, depending on what you want to hear."

"Know you anything about the massacre that happened around five or so years ago, where a group of Rohirrim accidentally overcame a band of peaceful rovers?" Leyn inquired, her eyes bright.

Thuric nodded slowly. "I do. What do you need to know of it?"

"It was my band that was massacred, and I think I am the only one to have survived. But I have heard tell that another lived, my brother. What can you tell me?"

"Well, I have heard that indeed he does still live, and he is somewhere near Minas Tirith, but do not quote me on that. It was about four years ago that I heard that. The one you would want to talk about over there is the storyteller Hethilon. He is a scholar over in the Citadel." Thuric looked sad. "I am sorry that I cannot help you more. But if something should come up, I will send after you. What is your name?"

"I am Llweryn but am called Leyn. The brother I seek is Adarin. And I thank you for what you have told me." She took his hand and squeezed it emphatically.

"You are quite welcome. I am Thuric, as you may have heard from the barkeeper. If I cannot find you, then another one of my friends will. If it should happen that you are crossed by someone who says I sent them, then talk to them."

Leyn nodded and walked away. The innkeeper asked her if she wanted a room for the night, and Leyn agreed, wanting to spend one night in a favorable place before she set out in search of Adarin.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2007 02:13
Earendil and Hyldo covered the last mile to the REd Fox Inn and ws surprised by the number of horses about.

She tied the mare up and went inside she looked every inch the Rohir woman she was dressed as.

The spoke calmly to the keeper and got room for the night.

As she waited she looked over the other guests. Wandering who to approach that might be heaading out of Rohan. She had often tried to go but always got pulled back.

She looked the female who was also waiting for a room and spoke," Hello,I am Earendil. Where are you bound for, young lady?"
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2007 03:49
Hilderinc walked inside with Leyn, but split off.
He sat down at a table and ordered some ale. He sat there and srank slowly, he took in all the people that were around him.
Then he saw the Rohirric woman walk in. He wondered if she brought news from Rohan, recent news.
Hilderinc planned to speak with her once she had finished talking with Leyn.

Then a man approached him and sat down next to him.
"Do you mind?" The man asked.
"No." Hilderinc said. He took another sip of ale.
The man ordered an ale for himself, then turned back to Hilderinc. "You for Rohan?" The man asked.
"Yes, but I've been traveling." Hilderinc said. He looked down at his drink.
"Well then, you have not heard the news." The man said, he took a gulp of his ale.

Hilderinc's eyes grew wide. "Tell me this news." Hilderinc said, he tried not to sound urgent.
"A group of Riders went out, heading to Minas Tirith for some matter, they did not speak about it. Anyway, I heard that they reached Minas Tirith but they did not come back. They were all killed. No one knows exactly what killed them either. Their bodies were found a few days ago." The man said.
Hilderinc looked down sadly. The man leaned back in his chair, he seemed to somehow figure out his thoughts.
"What do you know about this boy?" The man asked.
"I was there." Hilderinc whispered, tears came in his eyes.
"Would you like to talk about it?" The man asked.
Hilderinc looked up, he had not spoken of this to anyone. It hurt so much.
"What is your name boy?" The man asked.
"I am Hilderinc." He said.
"I'm known as Shadow, but you may call me by my name. Magorinc." Magorinc said.

They sat there a few moments longer, then Magorinc finished his drink. "Are you ready?" Magorinc asked.
Hilderinc nodded slowly, he wasn't sure if he was really ready but he would have to tell someone sooner or later.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2007 07:01
Sol dismounted slowly and saw Singalice seeming a bit awkward he simply nodded to her and smiled, seeing her discomfort, "It seems you can not stay long from my company, my lady." he winked. He opened the door to the inn for her and followed as she entered slowly. The place wasn't full, still mid-day most travelers would not be arriving till the eveing, looking for a place to sleep. Sol took off his cloak, wondering why had even chose to stop here. I would be in Minas Tirith by now... He thought to himself as he hung his cloak on the hooks provided by the door. He kicked the mud off his boots, so not to track it into the neat inn and the owner nodded a thank you too him.

He walked towards the bar, he wasn't truly hungry yet, nor thirsty so he simply chose a seat on a barrel close to the fire, even though it was not cold outside or inside and stared into the flames, thinking to himself. The day had truly been odd. He was accustome to so much coming and going. He sighed and tilted his head back, looking up towards the woodeen rafters. He could hear the murmurings of a conversation nearby and looked down to see that Leyn and her Rohirrim soldier friend had arrived already. Leyn spoke to one who had already been here presently and the soldier seemed to sulk with another in the corner of the bar. Solvenlin took his gloves off carefully and let them drop to the side of his seat onto the floor. He didn't really know why he was prolonging the quick return to Minas Tirith. It seemed something in him was keeping him distant. Normally he would not have lingered after a kill. He would have simply returned, got his gold and his new task. That was his lot in life, until he could finally return back to his home...Rohan. It had been so long since he had seen the rolling plains...as empty as they looked, it was his home and he longed for it.

He quickly snapped the burdensome thoughts out of his mind. He would get no where with his mourning and sulking, to get home it would take time and patience. Unwillingly Sol let his mind think of what his sister was doing right now. She should be finding a husband soon...Sol wished she would. It would help her as she took care of their mentally ill father. His secret visits had become rare, it was harder to sneak past the borders and see them. Sol let out a sigh and rubbed his forehead, as if to rub the thoughts out. Just a few more jobs, then he would try to go see her. It had been close to a year since he had seen her.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2007 08:27
"It seems you can not stay long from my company, my lady."

Singalice gasped at the rude comment and the wink. She was not accustomed to such forwardness, and had no wish to become accustomed.

"Had I known it was you, I certainly would not have followed those tracks." She hissed at Sol's retreating back. still scowling she stabled and her horse, making sure she was well curried and had a good drink before going to ask for Circe; her aunt's friend.

The owner looked at her for along minute, then beckoned her to a corner. "What do you know of Circe? Do know where she is?"

Confused, Singalice answered hesitantly, "Does she not work here?"

The middle-aged man shook his head, "She used to," he said, "but she disappeared on the night some raiders came through." Singalice sat down slowly; not quite trusting her legs.

"Has any one gone searching for her? Or come with a tale similar to that?"

"Aye," the land-lord nodded, "We've gone searching many times, but we always lost the track when it the crossed the stream a couple miles away. A woman came in a few minutes ago, to speaking with Thuric who is also trying to find these men. She is sitting over there." He nodded to a table by the wall, where Llerwen sat. For a few seconds Singalice stared, not really comprehending. Then she stood and went to Leyn's table.

"Leyn," she said, her voice low; "I have been told you are searching for some Raidars; to find your brother. I too have something I want of them. Would you mind if I joined you in the hunt?"

[Edited on 26/2/2007 by Eleiel]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2007 07:55
Earendil spoke softly but urgently, "if there is a group of phony Rohirrim around I also would like very much to find them. THere is more dispicable then to impersonate a good warroir and do evil."

She sighed and shock her head, "evil does well enough with out pulling the good in as well."

"Please if you know anything speak."
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 27, 2007 11:26
Leyn looked at Singalice. "I haven't heard anything of any raiders taking my brother, but maybe they might know something. I highly doubt any false Riders would have gone up against my band and would not have turned tail and ran. But perhaps they are around. Why, what would they have done to you?" she asked, her voice heavy with exhaustion, her expression becoming anxious.

"If there is a group of phony Rohirrim around I also would like very much to find them. There is more dispicable then to impersonate a good warroir and do evil."

Leyn heard the soft voice and turned her head slightly to catch it better. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw an elf beside her. "As I have said, I know nothing of false Riders, but if there were, I would go after them only to know if they know anything of my brother. But now, I am bound for Minas Tirith."

Feeling a stirring in her heart, Leyn pushed her chair back with a thud and got to her feet. She made her way to a window and glanced out it, watching the sun paint streaks of orange, red, and pink across the darkening horizon. Sighing at the beautiful sight, she hoped with her heart that her brother was watching the same thing.

Then, a reflection through the crystal glass caught her eye. Leyn looked through the window's reflection to see the man called Solvenlin (though she didn't think they had been formally introduced) lounging in a chair. A wave of apprehension ran through her suddenly. There was something about him that chilled her blood, and that for Leyn was an unusual feeling. But rather than look over her shoulder at him, she remained at the window, waiting for the responses of Singalice and the elf.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2007 02:26
Hilderinc sighed. Now he was ready to speak to the man before him. But he hesitated.
"Why am I telling you? I do not know you." Hilderinc said.
"I thought we already went through the introductions." Magorinc said.
"No, I don't mean that. I mean I do not know why you are here or your intentions or if you are an enemy of Rohan." Hilderinc said.
"If I was I would have led you out of the inn and killed you in the street and ran." Magorinc said, he leaned back in his chair and folded his arms across his chest.
"How do I know you aren't trying to get information out of me." Hilderinc said.
Magorinc gave up and stood. "I only wanted to help. I'll be staying in the inn for a few days, so if you decide otherwise I'll be here." Magorinc said.
Hilderinc just stared at him. He would probably be leaving with the group anyway.
Then he paused, he didn't have to go with Leyn and her friends. Maybe if he learned more about Magorinc he could take him back to Rohan.

Hilderinc thought about this for a while, he would have to ask Magorinc where he was heading later. He expected they would stay one night at least, for it was getting dark.
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2007 05:21
Solvenlin leaned forward and relaxed his elbows onto his knees and let his fingers run through his hair, why was he delaying? Something had drawn him to one of the many people he met in the last twenty four hours...fate? He scoffed at the idea audibly and looked up only to see the maiden he remembered from the night before standing by the window, obviously in deep thought. She had a searching look about her eyes, Sol found himself staring. There was something about her that made Sol feel apprehensive, even though they did not know each other...it felt as if he had just stabbed her in the back and she was scorning him for it. Sol chuckled to himself, to be rid of the feeling. "Maybe I do need a drink..." he said to himself grabbing his gloves and walking to the bar.
"A pint will be fine." he answered the bartender after he asked with questioning nod.

He glanced across the room to see the woman watching him. He nodded to her and she turned into conversation with an elf and another...another elf? Sol shrugged and took the offered pint and drank it quickly, living a few coins and a tip on the bar. "Will you be needing a room for the coming night sir?" he asked, readying a room key. Sol quickly shook his head, "No...I'm leaving now."

With that he headed out the door, grabbing his cloak on the way out quickly. This nonsense had continued long enough, he entertained it too long and had to get back to Minas Tirith. He should arrived sometime mid-day tomorrow. When he stepped out he looked up to see the sun readying its set, he readied Hollow and mounted, saying nothing to no one and embarking on his original destination. A bag of coins and a new mission lay ahead of him...his ticket home, little did he know fate would throw more turns in his road then he thought.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2007 04:50
Singalice frowned in confusion; if she was not looking for these marauders, why had the inn-keeper pointed her out? Leyn rose and went to the window, perhaps to watch the sun set.

Singalice turned and nodded a greeting to the elf who had offered her help, and beckoned her to sit down. "It looks as if either I have been misinformed, or she has. I am looking for a friend of my aunts, who was supposed to work here. she was captured though, in a raid a few weeks ago. Yet," she mused, "we were both told of the same man, this Thuric, who is searching for these raiders." Singalice glanced at Leyn who still stood by the window; perhaps she too should travel to Minas Tirith.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2007 11:43
Hilderinc sat alone in thought for a time. He watched as Leyn and two other maidens spoke of raiders that were kidnapping people.
After a few minutes he rose and went to find Magorinc.

It didn't take him too long to find his room.
"Magorinc, I want you to take me back to Rohan." Hilderinc said.
"Really? Do you intend on telling me the story of that night?" Magorinc asked.
"I will tell you along the way. Can we leave now?" Hilderinc asked, he so wanted to go home.
Magorinc sat in silence for a minute. "Well, I planned on staying the night, but if you are so urgent to get home then I think it can be arranged." Magorinc said.
Hilderinc smiled. "Go to the stables and ready the horses." Magorinc said.

Soon both horses were ready to leave. He didn't plan on saying good bye to Leyn or the others, after all they had paid him no mind and he barely knew them.
When Magorinc came out Hilderinc was already mounted on Darkfire. Magorinc admired the beautiful black horse.
"He's quite the animal. Much more regal than my own, but I did not get this animal from Rohan. Mona was given to me by a friend." Magorinc said, then he mounted as well.
Then they spurred the animals to a trot and left the inn behind.
Hilderinc thought that at last things would be normal again and he would be safe back home but his thoughts decieved him for things would be far from normal on this trip.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 01, 2007 11:47
Leyn returned to her seat and faced Singalice. "Then we will search them out if we have to, but I still intend on traveling to Minas Tirith on the morrow. You are more than welcome to come with me." She glanced once more at the window and stood. "Night is falling fast, and I am weary. I shall see all of you at dawnbreak if you intend on riding with me."

She retired upstairs and went into a large room with a window overlooking the plains that lay spread before them. A bed was situated in the corner, and an oil lamp was on the oaken bedside table. Leyn made her way to the bed and was immediately asleep as she fell upon it.

The morning broke clear. The sun was shining through the window when Leyn woke. Going downstairs, she nodded at the innkeeper, took a warm mug of ale, and stepped outside. Her breath hung in tendrils in the chilly morning air, but Leyn was content. Today was the day that she would head towards Minas Tirith in hopes of finding information on either her brother or the raiders.
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2007 05:11
Sol had ridden through the night, he strayed from the path unwilling to risk running into another party of odd mix. He thought no more of the previous events and set his mind to his task. Hollow traveled at a slight trot, Sol was letting him rest before they picked up pace once more. As he broke from the forest he knew he was in view of the city even though it was dawn and he couldn't actually see it. He urged Hollow to start a brisk run.

By the time he arrived at the Tirith gates, dawn had broken and the sun was revealing the morning. The gates were open for trade and other passer bys, seeming no ill will roamed the lands at present the guard of the city was not high.

"Good morning, Solvenlin." greeted one of the guards. Sol nodded, slightly but said nothing. He was not a man for idle chit-chat if it could be avoided and the guards could be easily avoided. He directed Hollow through the streets, but he knew the drill, so not much direction was really needed. He knew no one in the city, he avoided any sort of real acquaintance afraid it would sway him from his mission.

"You should always make the best of it, Sol. You don't know how long it will be before you will win back the trust of your home..."he recalled the words of his little sister. He pursed his lips and clicked his tongue signaling Hollow to go faster.

He knocked on the door with his first knuckle softly. "Your name!" demanded a gruff voice. "Its me." he replied. That was all that was needed to permit him entrance to the wooden home off the corner in the second level of the city.

"What took you so long...I actually begun to worry about you." scowled the older man who pulled him inside and shut the door. Sol frowned as he looked around. "Are you a child of the night now?" he said sarcastically. The old man bent over looked to him confused for a moment and then shook his head annoyed. "I'm growing old and the light brings much discomfort to my old bones and mind." Sol snickered as he took off his gloves and cloak and threw them aside, and taking a seat in a wooden rocking chair.

All the windows of the house were shut up with the old shudders. Where much light tried to seep through the cracks of the wood, tar had been applied with not much care to how it looked. The house as a whole was old like its master and would probably die with him. Sol looked to the man with a smirk, taking the bag from his belt and throwing it onto the nightstand.

"So he got what was coming for him." the man said taking the bag of coins and thumbing through them. "My lord, said he would be--"

"I have not come for talk of past deeds, Fasan, give to me my next job and I will be on my way...Supposing you do have the next deed given to you already. If not, I will be back in the morning." The old man looked to Sol scowling, but quickly broke into a smile, which in turn became a hoarse laugh, ended with rough coughing. "Solvenlin, the young hunter, looking to return home, which he was banished from. He works hard serving Minas Tirith in hopes his deeds would be recognized by the King of Rohan and his banishment lifted.." more laughing followed. Sol sighed and shifted in his seat slightly, he couldn't stand for this much longer. As the laughing continued, Sol was fed up and stood up quickly darting toward the old man and grabbing his feeble neck in his hard grip. He knew the elder was weak, but he would still learn a lesson. The laughing quickly stopped and was replaced by gasping for breath.

"Cease your mockery, Fasan!" he whispered through gritted teeth. He released his neck roughly and turned his back to him. The old man stared at Solvenlin's turned back his eyes no longer holding fear, but amusement. Knowing he had crossed the line, he rubbed his neck slightly and went about what he was doing as if nothing happened.

"I was given a scroll with your new orders a fortnight ago. It proves you might need others to help you, for it seems a large undertaking for one man."

"You forget who you speak to, old man." Solvenlin said with a smirk. The man ignored him.

"There is talk of a man who has proved to be ill for the lands of Minas Tirith, what his deeds are, was not given. But the leaders of the city want to see this young man dead. Preferably they want him hanged, but if your only means is to kill him that is fine. Dead or alive, Solvenlin." There was a lingering silence between the two as Sol took in the information carefully.

"He is Rohirrim." Fasan said blankly, knowing it would have an effect on Sol.

((this is getting too long I will continue in my next post...sorry for the length ))
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2007 05:28
Magorinc and Hilderinc rode in silence all that night.
They stopped when the sun began to rise, then Magorinc made a nice fire and sat down.
"Are you ever going to tell me what happened that night?" Magorinc asked.
Hilderinc sighed. "Yes." Hilderinc said.
Magorinc waited for him to continue.
"We were camped out, it was a very still night. We were just coming back from Minas Tirith. Everyone was so glad to go home, myself included. Then we when we were all about to lay down to sleep there was a loud cracking sound, and people came upon us." Hilderinc said.
"Men?" Magorinc asked.
"Yes, fearful looking men. They began to slaughter the men before they could stand to their feet. Blood ran through the camp. I stood and fought, but then my Captain grabbed my ankle and he was about to die. He told me to run and warn Rohan, tell them what had happened. I ran to my horse and just as I was about to mount I felt a pain in my side and looked to see a leering face, I thought he looked like an orc." Hilderinc said. Tears rolled down his cheeks.

"You do not have to tell me anymore." Magorinc said.
Then they heard a rustling sound behind them. Magorinc and Hilderinc both jumped to their feet. "It's them, they've come upon us again!" Hilderinc said, he unsheathed his sword.
"Don't be so hasty boy." Magorinc said.
Then many men came out, on horse back.
"Who are you?" Magorinc asked. Hilderinc could tell that these men wanted to kill them, then he saw a leering face among the men and gasped.
"They are the men that attacked my camp!" Hilderinc shouted, he pointed his sword at the man.

"So, you survived. Take them with us men." The leader of the group shouted.
Then the men led them away by the point of the sword, they were allowed to mount their horses though.

(I don't know who is playing Adarin, but I thought I'd bring the raiders in.)
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2007 05:11
Earendil went to her room knowing seh would be up before the sun.

In the morning she was up and ready to head out at dawn.

She met Leyn looking every inch the maiden of Rohan.

"Are you ready to go?" She asked politely.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2007 11:11
Singalice was awake long before she should have been; being half afraid that they would leave without her. When at last she heard Leyn moving around she got up and dressed.

When she went outside Singalice found Leyn and Earendil already on their horses. Muttering an apology she hurried to saddle Gwenhyfra.

At last she mounted her horse and nodded to her companions. They set out for Minas Tirith.

[Edited on 3/3/2007 by Eleiel]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 05, 2007 11:18
Just a note...I will play Adarin. I will post soon.

~Din~
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2007 11:02
Hilderinc was very angry, he was in the presence of the people who killed his friends and his leader. In his eyes you could see a great flame.

Magorinc seemed calm though, he sat quietly on his horse, he seemed to be serveying the land as they passed. Hilderinc could not understand how he could be calm.
"How can you be so calm? Don't you realize that we might die?" Hilderinc asked.
Magorinc looked at him. "Our fate has not yet been decided. We need to be calm in this situation, there will be a way out." Magorinc said.

Hilderinc could not understand, how could there be a way out when they were outnumbered greatly?
Hilderinc sighed and slumped his shoulders and tried to relax, but it wasn't working.
Then as he looked around he noticed one of the men had a familiar face, sort of.
Hilderinc cocked his head and tried to remember where he had seen that face before, then it came to him.

"Leyn?" He whispered.
He looked closer at the man and could see that he had some of her same features, but of course more manly.
Maybe this was the brother Leyn was searching for. Of course he was in no position to ask questions so he quietly thought about what he had discovered.

(I thought I would bring in Adarin, hope thats all right with you Din)
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 12, 2007 06:45
(Perfectly okay, Elfmaiden! I am going to bring him in now.)

Leyn sat easily to Verelin's canter, the spirited black's powerful legs carrying him easily over the moist ground. The sun was bright, but there was a solemnity in the air. Leyn didn't know what the day would bring, but surely something would happen. She expected to make Minas Tirith later in the evening and meet with someone else in the inn Thuric had told her about. Hethilon, he had said his name was. The name stuck in Leyn's memory and would not be chased away.

-------------------------------------------

The two men seemed to Adarin to be friendly. He was of the opinion that they be freed, and he let his voice be heard. "Why not let them go?" he asked in a smooth baritone.

The leader of the band, Elin, cocked his head at the young man and replied, "And why would we do such a thing?"

Adarin met Elin's gaze unwaveringly. His blue eyes were icy with hatred at the leader. "Because we have no place to be keeping them. They have done nothing to us. We should be a peaceful band. How many times have I told you that?" The dark-haired Adarin was handsome, but there was a ruggedness that had been gleaned from the years he had spent wandering since his own band was massacred. His mind strayed to his sister, whom he hadn't seen in a great while. Where was she now? For he knew that she was alive, but he wasn't sure where she was. Leyn, his mind cried silently, help me.

But there was no help in coming, Adarin knew. He had done the deed, and now he would have to pay for it eventually one way or another.

(He might seem innocent in this context, but rest assured he does have a dark side.)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2007 09:29
"We should be a peaceful band. How many times have I told you that?"

"Peaceful! You killed everyone I knew, you destroyed Riders of Rohan that were simply sending a message back to their home! I am the onloy survivor and have dreaded the day when I will have to tell their families what happened!" Hilderinc shouted angrily.

Magorinc grabbed his arm. "Calm down lad, we are in no position to speak to them in that way." Magorinc whispered.
Hilderinc glared. "I don't care! I-" Hilderinc stopped, then he covered his face with his hands and wept, he did not know why but his heart ached.

"Calm down, it'll be all right." Magorinc said calmly.
Hilderinc looked up at him. "What do you mean all right? We have been captured by some band of renagades and you want me to believe it's all right?" Hilderinc said.
Magorinc gave him a look that meant he had to keep quiet, unless he could say something that would be helpful in their situation.

Hilderinc closed his mouth, his gaze fell onto the man they called Adarin. He still wondered if he might be Leyn's brother but quickly thought otherwise. Why would her brother join up with a ruthless band like this?
Hilderinc sighed sadly, would he ever get home? Maybe he would die like his friends and would never have to tell anyone what had happened.

What a terrible turn of events. Hilderinc thought.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 14, 2007 10:47
Adarin's eyes landed upon the one who had burst out. "I did no such thing," he said quietly in a low voice, pain evident in his gaze. "I never killed any Riders though they killed my own family." He didn't know why he had revealed that to a complete stranger, but it had just come out. "Let them go, Elin. They have endured enough, probably more than we have." He turned his grey gelding Reinel around and faced the leader.

Elin pulled out a sword and laid it in the hollow of Adarin's throat. "No. You have no authority here, young Adarin. It is time that you listen to your elders and betters."

Within the blink of an eye, Elin fell from his horse, pierced in the side by a dagger. Blood soaked his tunic, and a gasp of pain escaped his mouth. "Do not underestimate me," Adarin whispered, sheathing his dagger. "Else you will live to regret it. You are lucky that you are not dead."

The brother of Leyn wheeled Reinel around and told the others. "Do you think we should let them go or does someone want to challenge me and end up like Elin? I might be young, but I have seen extremely hard times, and I know what it is like to be held against my will." His blue eyes glared out in defiance at the others, but no one met his eyes. They were in awe that such a quiet being had defended himself so. But they didn't know that he had killed others, even if it was in accident.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2007 03:30
Hilderinc was shocked with the sudden strike of the young man. This man can't be Leyn's brother. Hilderinc thought.
Magorinc sat up straight in his saddle.
"Do you plan to let us go then? If so, I would like to leave now." Magorinc said.

Hilderinc was still suspicous of all these men, he knew they had killed his troop. He would never trust any of them, even if one of them tried to help them escape.
"How do we know they won't shoot us in the back when we leave?" Hilderinc whispered to Magorinc, it was loud enough to be heard by Adarin.

Magorinc glared at Hilderinc, trying to tell him to keep his suspicions to himself.
Hilderinc looked away, but he could see that Adarin had heard him. He wondered if he would use the same method to quiet him that he had used on the leader.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 22, 2007 11:35
Adarin sheathed his sword, and when he spoke, his voice was calm. "You are free to go. I have no quarrel with you, and I doubt any of the others do also." His eyes became somber. "I do not want you to think of me as cruel for striking out at Elin. He has harassed me for a while, and things would have come to a head anyway. It is a pity that it had to be done in front of you."

With a groan, Elin stood and clutched his side. He quivered with pain, but his voice was steady as he faced Adarin. "Perhaps it was time that leadership changed. I have been at it for too long," he said with no hint of malice in his tone. "I will leave here and find another place to live."

Adarin dismounted and placed himself in front of the elder. "No, it is my fault that you would leave, and I do not want that. Stay here, and I will be quiet in the future."

"No, it cannot be. Our rule goes that if a leader is challenged and defeated, then he must leave. I follow that." Elin mounted his glossy black stallion and galloped off, leaving the band behind.

Adarin turned his attention to the two figures that before him. "Go, unless there is anything you require of us. I will try to help you as much as possible."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2007 01:06
(would it be okay to mention Leyn now? Or would you like to wait? I'll make it so he whispers her name, it's up to you if Adarin hears what he says or not)

Magorinc nodded and bowed as best he could on a horse, then he turned his horse and started to ride away, but Hilderinc still sat there, staring into Adarin's eyes.

"You will pay for the blood you spilled." Hilderinc said in a low, menacing voice.
Then he turned his horse away, he looked once more at Adarin.
"He cannot be the brother of Leyn." Hilderinc whispered.

Then the two of them swiftly rode away. When they were out of earshot of the men Magorinc grabbed Hilderinc's arm and made him slow Darkfire to a walk.
"Who do you think you are Hilderinc! You are an idiot to speak to that man that way! Don't you know that they could come after us and kill us. Thank the Valar he took no offense." Magorinc said angrily.

Hilderinc was not ashamed in the slightest. "You were not there Magorinc, you don't know the pain that I felt the things that I saw. The revenge that I want!" Hilderinc said, then he stopped and sighed. "But I alone cannot avenge them all. And I alone must go and tell the poor families of the men who died what became of them." Hilderinc said sadly.

Magorinc placed his hand on Hilderinc's shoulder. "I think I know how you feel. I have lost many friends in my lifetime. You have to be strong to be able to move on. Let's just get home." Magorinc said.
Hilderinc nodded then spurred his horse to a trot.

(I'll make sure that somehow Hilderinc gets back with the group or something)
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 28, 2007 11:09
“That cannot be the brother of Leyn.”

Adarin stared at the backs of the retreating figures, hoping that he had mistaken the man’s words. Leyn, his beloved sister, was she alive? He had assumed she was but didn’t know her whereabouts, but yet one stranger out of nowhere had said her name. Something deep inside of him told Adarin that this was his sister.

He galloped Reinel after them and barred their way. “I heard you mention the name Leyn,” Adarin said, his voice tense and somber. “I do not mean to pry or to detain you, but would the one you are speaking of, is her real name Llweryn?” Hope shone in his blue eyes. “For that is my sister’s name. You see, she had left our band, for we were living with a group of wanderers when we were young, and while she was absent, a contingent of Rohirrim decimated our entire band, our parents included. I was the only survivor. I lost track of her and left before she returned, if indeed she returned. If you have seen or heard anything about her, I implore you to tell me. Whatever she may have told you, I have changed, even if not for the better, I know it, but what can I do?” Adarin met the eyes of the one who had seen his own massacre. “I promise you, sir, that I never had anything to do with the massacre of your kin and friends. I was not with this band when it happened, and it is against my nature to kill needlessly. Whatever your opinion of me, I ask you to help me, and in turn, I will help you in any way that I can.”

His tirade done, Adarin backed Reinel up a few paces. “However, I know that forgiveness is something many cannot give, not for what they have endured, and so, if you choose to say nothing, then I will let you leave and shall not hinder you anymore.”
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2007 11:59
Hilderinc watched Adarin closely, he did not want to speak to him, he may have not been present but how could he believe him? Adarin said that he did not kill needlessly and yet he had struck out at that other man.

Magorinc knew that Hilderinc knew about Leyn, he knew that Hilderinc had met her and traveled with her for a short time, but Magorinc would not prode him to speak this time. It was time for Hilderinc to make a decision on his own.

Then Hilderinc remembered Leyn's face, she was so determind to find her brother that he knew that he could not prevent the two from reuniting. He sighed.
"I know her, she is searching for you. Last I saw her she was at the Red Fox inn, that is all I can tell you." Hilderinc said.

Magorinc nodded approvingly at Hilderinc.
"We can take you there if you like." Magorinc said.
Hilderinc glared at Magorinc, he wanted to go home not run after Leyn.
But he nodded. "Let's go." Hilderinc said, then he turned Darkfire and waited for Adarin to respond.

(Maybe this is how the group can reunite eventually. I don't know if anyone else is posting anymore though)
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2007 05:44
Solvenlin exited the dark chamber, the dweller considered his house and squinted slightly at the glare of the sun which met him. That went well... He thought to himself as he looked up towards the busy street. He had aquired a few new coins, however did not have the mind to go spend them, for who would he spend them on but himself and he needed nothing. He headed towards his makeshift abode where more of the treasure he has collected laid. Maybe one day he could use the money he has earned for his sister, he gave her some their last visit, but has been unable to send any to her via messenger.

It did not take long for him to ready himself. With no ties to Minas Tirith he was on the road before the day ended. That is how he perferred it. He had used some of the money for bread, cheese, and jerky. Along with a dry blanket, some flint, and herbs. The bare necesities for a travel with no real destination. He was on the hunt and it could take a few days or long months before he succeeded. It all depended upon those he hunted. A man by the name of Adarin, his reputation seemingly mysterious, yet his deeds were well known. From the description given he seemed a young man, too young to be doing the things he has. Sol ignored the fact he was Rohirrim...his own people. Even his own can turn against a man, Sol knew that better than anyone.

Hollow seemed rather grudging towards his master at being on the road again...
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 02, 2007 11:47
The sun was reaching its zenith when Leyn halted Verelin for a breather. It had been a long morning since the Rohan maid had left the Red Fox Inn. Another two days, and she would be in Minas Tirith to search out the storyteller Thurin had told her to find. Her heart was restless; she wanted nothing more to see her brother again, even if it meant embarking on a wild goose chase. Time was nothing to her; she would take all the time she needed to find Adarin. Leyn had no other purpose in life other than to find her remaining kin. Settling down was not in her blood. She was truly a wanderer at heart, and restless by nature.

Soon, Leyn’s thoughts turned to Singalice. Leyn had left the inn with hardly a word to anyone, and though she was beginning to miss her companions, the driving force in her veins was the knowledge that her brother might be alive. Determination was in her eyes, one could see that. Her face was still one of stone, no emotion flickered over it, but if one looked in her eyes, one could see her thoughts, her ambitions.

Leyn came to herself in a relatively short time. The thudding of horse hooves alerted the ebony stallion, and Verelin whickered anxiously, tossing his head. He pranced in place and lunged forward at the reins, wanting to meet the newcomer. Leyn steadied him with an expert hand and muttered, “Steady on, old lad. We will meet them when they come.”

--------------------------------------------------------------

Adarin looked at both of the men in shock. “My sister is headed for Minas Tirith? Then I will be headed that way as well. I thank you for your information,” the young man said graciously, wheeling Reinel around and cantering him back towards the band.

Adarin sat mounted on Reinel as he addressed his band. “I will be leaving you for a journey of my own, and I doubt that I shall return anytime soon. But I promise, when I return, I shall have in my company one of my kin, one who would be a welcome asset among us. Meanwhile, Culloch,”-a fair-haired man rode forward-“you shall be in charge. Meet me around Edhellond in a month’s time. I will be there.”

The man inclined his head in deference. “Of course. We will be there.”

Adarin smiled briefly. “Very well. Safe travels then.” He kicked Reinel into a gallop, urging the grey west. He passed the two other men and nodded his head in thanks and soon bypassed them. His destination was Minas Tirith, though what the young man didn’t realize that there were others after him, intent on catching him for their own means.

Adarin handled the dagger at his side lovingly as he slowed Reinel to a canter. It had been his father’s, but a rogue had stolen it from him when he had been sleeping. But, the rogue was no more after a quick piercing of the artery in his back. Yes, there had been blood, but what was blood when it was done in vengeance for one’s massacred family members?

(Eleiel, I hope I gave you something of an opening. I know it is really generic, but maybe that might work better. As for Adarin, I am thinking he is going to be misunderstood because I don’t want him to seem like a real villain, but this might change.)

[Edited on 4/3/2007 by Dinenlasse]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 03, 2007 11:27
*bump post*
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2007 04:32
Singlice winced when she realized that Leyn had heard her. she had not whished it to be known that she was following the woman. The pathecticnes of the detrimination and stoic silence of Leyn made her concerned for her. She wished to reach out to the woman who had suffered so much.

She stopped her horse along side Leyns, and decided that it would be better to tell her the truth rather than make some obscene comment on the weather. “My apologies for following you, Leyn.” She said humbly, “But I, was worried. I did not want you face the dangers that might be ahead alone.”
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 13, 2007 09:44
Leyn cast a sideways glance at Singalice. She gave the elf a small smile. "It is good to know someone wants to suffer with me," she said. Her choice of words might not have been the most appropriate, but it was the truth.

"I know not what to expect once we reach Minas Tirith, but it is my wish that I can find something out about my brother. But enough of me. My worries should not become your burden. Tell me something more about yourself."

Leyn urged Verelin on, and Singalice's horse followed. It was nice to have company, Leyn admitted reluctantly. But it still wasn't the same as having her brother back.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2007 03:24
Singalice shrugged, somewhat surprised that Leyn had welcomed her. And even more surprised that she had asked Singalice to tell about herself.

"I am no one important. I have one brother who is older than me. My parents were killed when I was three, my brother and I went to live with my mother's aunt and uncle." She paused, trying to find something interesting to say. But her life had not been interesting. Comfortable and happy, yes, but not interesting.

"There are some things we cannot teach you..." Singalice blinked as she remembered the conversation the she had had with her Aunt the day she decided to leave. "You must find them for your self, but you cannot in our tiny village." They had sent her wandering, but they had not intended to send her alone. She had left before they had a chance to tie her up to some band of wanderers. "Do not be afraid of pain. It is the best teacher of all, among it's many lessons is compassion..."

Singalice shook her head, as if to clear it. She did not like talking, or thinking, of her self. "You must love you brother very much to search for him the way you do. What was he like?" she spoke not really knowing what she was asking of Leyn
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2007 09:39
Hilderinc watched as Adarin rushed by, as if he had forgotten they were even there.
Hilderinc smiled, they could leave now. Hilderinc turned his horse around to leave, but Magorinc grabbed his reins.

"Where are you going?" Magorinc asked.
"Home of course. Adarin obviously doesn't need us." Hilderinc said.
"Maybe it doesn't seem like he needs us now, but if he was with a gang of killers, people won't be wanting him around. He could get caught and killed if he goes alone. We should go with him, you said you would." Magorinc said.

Hilderinc rolled his eyes, why had he gotten involved with this old guy? He was just causing him trouble.
"Fine, we can go. But if we get killed cause the people think we are part of his killing gang, then you will be the one to blame." Hilderinc said.

They both kicked their horses to a canter and followed after Adarin.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email