Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OOC:Room at the Inn(more players needed)
on: March 31, 2007 12:34
sounds good too me
goldenberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2007 09:05
hello there *waves* i saw the note for more characters and thought I'd have a look. i haven't RP'd in CoE for about 2 years and i haven't done a LoTR RP in almost half a year so i miiiiiight be rusty. but I'm sure it wont matter. i think I'll use my elf Victrix if guys don't mind. his character bio should be in the database. though i shall have to edit it. made some changes to him in the last 2 years ^_^ but I'm sure I'll do it before any of you check so again that probably doesn't matter.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2007 09:19
i'm sure that's just fine, as long hes an ordinary elf, and not a fire-puking and invisibe flying-elf

wow, all the people
goldenberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2007 09:38
lol! no, i don't do magic when it comes to RP's at all. which is funny considering how many worlds i design for RP's where magic plays the main feature. and i have to edit his character sheet to make him more real. like i said, haven't been here in the last two years. I'm pretty sure he sounds like some sort of phyco in it at the moment. blagh... I'm such a natterer! I'll edit my character and then do my first post. this is going to be fun ^_^ glee!
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2007 11:01
no, no! you sound fine, lol. me myself have taken several breaks on different rp-pages and later returned. everyone does it. i think it kinda comes with the game. but anyway, have fun
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: March 31, 2007 11:48
Hey, just wondering how you want my character to function. Right now he's sort of haunting Erynloth and Co. out of lack of better thing to do, but he could probably be gotten to be more personally involved, although he'll act like he won't be. Just FYI, he won't ask to join, though. If you have some specific direction you want me to consider though, so help the plot, let me know.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2007 12:03
hmm.. dunno what marna's thinking, but i'd hope he would come along, or follow them without them knowing - just cuz he's curious about where they are going or something.

i'm sorry. i have no ideas. just babbling.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: March 31, 2007 06:47
goldenberry...

I have reviewed your elf (who's name is anything but Elvish, by the way) and I must say he's more NON-Tolkien than anything JRRT would have written about.

As you haven't been here in some time, I am going to recommend that you read the rules and guidelines at the top of each forum. Things have changed substantially since you last rp'd here.

Please either seriously correct your char to fit JRRT's world or it might just be easier to develop a new one that will.

Thanks
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
goldenberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2007 09:13
wowee, talk about mod effishentcy. that is seriously impressive. Already i feel right back at home ^_^. (it's best not to ask by what i mean by that...) would of helped if i had a little point at what to change, I'm presuming the history. cause that's the most un elfishy thing about him. so i'll do that when i get home from work if no one minds.
(note: none of the names i make up now are evilish... but Victrix's name is actually Latin for "victorious" if i remember correctly... it was ages ago when i made him. fun but pointless fact.)
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2007 12:35
me too have had a run-in with the mods when i first got here, and i'm kinda' under the impression that they don't like me. but i'm working on that. trying to keep things tolkien, responding in a mature manner..and so on. hopefully, i'll grow in them over time.

but that wasn't what i was gonna ask: figured out you charries place in the plot yet, berry? like, is he too coming with us?
goldenberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2007 06:20
Don't worry about Mod's really. they are all very nice people under that authoritative figure. just treat them with the respect that is due them and do what is asked and you really shouldn't rub the wrong way with them.

Vic will come along if asked nicely. he's secretly a big softy, but don't tell him i told you so
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: April 01, 2007 11:02
Greetings,

Us mods do not hold grudges against anyone. We're simply reminding members of the rules and keeping things in order. If a mod says something to you, don't get the impression that they dislike you, they're merely doing their job. We may seem a little strict on those who perhaps refuse to comply with the rules despite being told or respond in a rude manner, but we're not out to get anyone. We want you to enjoy your time here
wordsmith
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2007 06:14
thanks for letign me in! i'll just go post.
trips over in his glee and leaps up.
"i'm ok!" falls over again and just crawls away.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2007 03:17
i am enjoying my time here but i'm off to RPing now. see you guys there!
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2007 03:40
Sweet!!! A whole bunch of new people! :disco:
Glad to see you all here!

On a sadder note, I will not be Rping for the rest for the week. It is holy Week and I decided to do something special in the way of of sacrifice. so, I shall not get on again until the Monday after Easter.

But i will try to post today!
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2007 03:52

it's a bummer being left behind in rps, so i'll do my best not to post too much in your absence, eleiel.
goldenberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2007 06:11
I'll think over my posts before posting instead of just writing. that should slow me down a bit
and i drew Vic a new character picture... just cause i had to change his eye color to still be aloud to use him. so instead of "demonic red" it's more of a reddy pink... or pinky red. i just call it "that shade of pink that i mistook once for being red and had to spend a whole ten minutes changing an entire image replacing pink with red" one of those annoying colors ^_^
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2007 11:32
pink eyes? now that's even more freaky

but anyway,
marna; shouldn't we maybe remove the "more players needed"-part of the title of the rp? we're got six people now, and i believe more would only create confusion and risk being left behind.

or?
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: April 03, 2007 06:06
To all players in this thread..................

I believe what goldenberry is describing is that the whites of an albino's eyes are often pink, due to the lack of melanin, though the eye color is gray or blue.

I would like all of you to be aware of the fact that the original interpretation of her char was strictly NON-Tolkien. As we no longer have a non-Tolkien forum here (all NT threads are now on Loki's Palace), she has made a positive effort to make the corrections needed for her char to fit in the TR thread. We commend her for that and would like all of you to see her char as a normal elf (though there is a question whether those that were the 'first born and perfect in form' could produce an albino however we will overlook that at the moment...*winks*).

So the 'red demonic eyes' are gone, folks....sorry. *grins*
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2007 03:25
Thanks for waiting up for me everyone! I really appreciate it.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2007 03:50
no problem, i'm just glad you're back!
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2007 05:19
Yeah, me too. Welcome back, Eleiel!
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2007 07:13
just wanted to tell you guys that i'm gonna be a little busy for the weeks to come, but i'll try checking in from time to time to post etc.

sorry.
goldenberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2007 09:30
looks like everyones going to be caught up in the weeks to come :-S i myself have exam work to get up to. busy, busy, busy.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email