Register

<< First1112131415Last >>
Author Topic:
Heria
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The soundtracks! FotR, TTT, & ROTK
on: August 07, 2004 04:01
I absolutely LOVE the soundtracks for all three movies. I think howard shore did and aceptionaly good job. my fav. songs are into the west, #17, #8, and #5 on the ROTK soundtrack.
WizardsAlley
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2004 09:36
Does anyone have the 'trilogy cd set'? I tried to get it from amazon, but no luck. I'm wondering if it's the same 3 cds as were sold separately, or if there are any added or bonus tracks.
I haven't bought the soundtracks yet, but I did think the music was absolutely brilliant.
Heria
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2004 03:59
WizardsAlley - i got the trilogy set for my birthday. They're the same as the cds sold seperatly, though they have cd cover inserts of pictures of the characters in the movie.
~aear_fëa~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2004 02:21
the music is one of my favorite parts of the whole trilogy. being a student of music, it really moves me the way Howard Shore so beautifully blended the music into the action and all that was happening on screen. i have all three soundtracks and listen to them all the time. they are what i use to calm down and keep my sanity. as you can probably tell, i love them to death.
Helena
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 12:55
Just a question! There is new made music to all the EE’s right? But is there any EE CD’s in the stores? You should be able to get the new songs, but I’ve never seen such a thing?! Is it possible to get the new tracks or do they not even exist?
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 05:47
No, I don't think it is possible. The only song ever released from an EE was Farewell to Lórien, which was on the TTT limited edition CD. Some tracks you may be able to obtain through internet (websites...Kazaa). Check out this website http://arwen-undomiel.com/downloads.html, and this one http://www.sa-matra.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/lotr/. I have a link to audiblebeauty.net too...but it's not working.

Also, I did hear that someone was planning to release a set of music with all the music that Howard composed that never made the soundtracks. Unfortunately, I don't know much about it.
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2004 09:31
I have the 3 cd set, I cant decide if my favourite song is Into the West or Pippin singing for Denethor. Billy Boyd has such a good voice.
Helena
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2004 01:33
No, I don't think it is possible. The only song ever released from an EE was Farewell to Lórien, which was on the TTT limited edition CD. Some tracks you may be able to obtain through internet (websites...Kazaa). Check out this website http://arwen-undomiel.com/downloads.html, and this one http://www.sa-matra.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/lotr/. I have a link to audiblebeauty.net too...but it's not working.

Also, I did hear that someone was planning to release a set of music with all the music that Howard composed that never made the soundtracks. Unfortunately, I don't know much about it.

Thank you so much for settle that out for me, really appreciated it!
But don’t you find it weird though?

I would gladly see a CD as that released, Howards music i great!

wolfsrock19
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2004 05:19
i also like the soundtracks and listen to them often
my favorite one out of all that is the fotr
and to me the best ones on there are concerning hobbits and may it be
but thats just me
but i do like the third one and good bit too
especially into the west
BRINGWOODANDOIL
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2004 12:15
I believe they should've played death metal music during my death scene http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules/XForum/images/smilies/thumbup.gif
http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules/XForum/images/smilies/thumbup.gif
echoes
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2004 09:34
I absolutely love all of the soundtracks. And getting to hear Viggo sing..... :love:

Howard Shore did such a good job with them, all of music fits so perfectly with the movie and the world that Tolkien has created. And it's just so beautiful!!
Arthiel_Lewis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2004 11:18
I love the soundtracks, they're awesome enya is brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!
I've started listening to alot of her music now and it's great!!!!!!!!!
L_O_A_F
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 02:46
who else LOVED the Enya song?! I love it..."May it be......"
BetonyTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 07:11
I just love the soundtracks, the music is so beautiful.

My favourite song is probably the Fellowship theme, both in its variations throughout the films and in the Breaking of The Fellowship. Concerning Hobbits is wonderful too, as are the Gondor and Rohan themes, and of course Billy singing in The Steward of Gondor. Mwee.

I love Into the West too, but it's so sad. Sniff
~Arwen~
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2004 11:41
ok, so who here thought that the soundtracks for both movies were AWESOME BEYOND ALL REASON????? i love the flute/shire theme parts in the first, and in the second i love the rohirrim theme and the violin parts. violins, played like that, are so sad and haunting.......am i the only one who loves them?? tell me!:love::love::drool:

(title edited... I'll 'top' this one for our official soundtrack thread.)

[Edited on 12/29/2002 by Elerrina]

[Edited on 7/12/2003 by Ringhilwen]

I LOVE the soundtracks too!! I listen to them every day! :love:

who else LOVED the Enya song?! I love it..."May it be......"

I love it, can't help to sing along, hehe

inn0centvibes
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2004 06:11
I have all three of the soundtracks and they are GREAT!
Mint
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2004 05:51
Yes, aren't they amazing?

I was lucky enough to be able to attend the world premiere of the RotK soundtrack in Wellington, where they also played the FotR and the TT. PJ was there, and Viggo sang his bit, it was wonderful!

The soundtrack is such an important part of LOTR.

[Edited on 5/9/2004 by Mint]
lotr8901
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2004 04:12
I LOVE THE SOUNDTRACKS!!! I always play along with my flute... But something really bad happened to my FOTR soudtrack today... Well, I was playing the soundtrack on my computer. Right after "May It Be" finished, I heard a loud popping noise. I opened the CD drive and my soundtrack was split in two!!! I don't know how it happened! Now I can't listen to it anymore!:cry:
merenwen_ciryatan
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2004 04:03
i LOVE!!!!! the soundtrack. the best song on ROTK is into the west. i cry sometimes when i hear it. :cry:but i still love it. :love::heart:can't wait for the rotk ee!!!!
elpinchegringo
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2004 06:19
Has anyone worked out the notes for the Shire Theme? I'm trying to play it on my pennywhistle, but not having much luck. I'm kindof stuck.

Thanks
Kwanli
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2004 04:42
I too love the music for the films. I have two Cd's. I haven't seen the cd for RotK in the shops!
I will have to try Amazon. I agree that Howard Shore's music is just so beautiful. I couldn't say which I prefer the most, but if tears are any indication of depth of feeling for the right music in the right place, then it would be Into the West.
The two discs are permenantly in the player and when I'm reading Tolkien's works I have it playing as background music. Very relaxing.
I too would be interested in hearing the music that was cut from the final score. "Pippin's", Scottish heritage is well and truely in his blood. The song he sang reminded me so much of beautiful Scottish songs. He should sing more.
Ladydeath
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2004 05:26
I like the soundtracks, too. Because they are soooooo varied. Fore example during some songs (e.g.: Evenstar etc.) I started crying and some other songs make me feel proud and happy (e.g. The ring goes south; Rohan-The King of the Golden Hall). I was so glad about that we played a mixture of the Two Towers songs with my orchestra. We played Rohan-Eowyn´s Theme, Rohan- The king of the Golden Hall, Forth Eorlingas, The March of the Ents, Evenstar and the last song is my favorite one the Gollum´s Song. When we played this song in the concert, tears rolled down my face, while I had been played my trumpet. Oh, it was so beautiful.
My best wishes to every fan of the LotR- songs
Vingilot~sailor
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2004 10:46
LotR's soundtracks are the best!!! I love the violins of Rohan, and I absolutly dig the Gondor theme!!! I also love how some tracks make me feel. "The Breaking Of The Fellowship" makes me feel both sad and happy. The music that plays during boromir's death scene almost makes me cry. Gotta love "Into The West" !
Hats off to Howard Shore!!
HerenyeofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2004 10:48
I am now a proud owner of the C.D. trilogy! My favorite songs have to be (on FOTR) Concerning Hobbits (Love the Shire theme!:love, The Black Rider, Many Meetings (MORE Shire theme!), The Council of Elrond (Enya has a lovely voice), The Bridge of Khazad Dum ( I also love the 'Fellowship' theme!, Lothlorien, The Great River, Amon Hen (Such SAD singing at the end), The Breaking of the Fellowship (So sad and happy at the same time) and May it Be. I know- that's practically the whole CD.
My favorite songs from TTT are The Taming of Smeagol, The Riders of Rohan ( Guess What? I also Love the Rohan theme!), The King of the Golden Hall, Evenstar, The Leave Taking (I find this song quite sad:cry, Helms Deep, Isengard Unleashed, and Samwise the Brave . The Hardinger/ Hardanger (?) has grown to be one of my fav. instruments.
This is a little off topic, but Gollum's Song just creeps me out. Emiliana Torrini's voice just scares me!
Okay, I'm almost done!
My favorite ROTK songs are the following Hope and Memory, Minas Tirith, The White Tree, The Steward of Gondor (Lovely song!:heart, The Ride of The Rohirrim, The Black Gate Opens ( I REALLY like this Song!), The Return of The King, The Grey Havens :sob:, and Into the West (very Pretty).
I don't have a Favorite C.D., because I like them ALL!
Tigressdance
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2004 03:59
I hope that I'm in the right forum, and I apologize if I'm not but I need some help with the soundtracks. See, I have all the soundtracks, but I wanted to burn my favorite songs from the 3 onto one disk. However, whenever I pop the CD into my player/burner, it always goes right to the special online content page. (For that matter, I couldn't even just play the music off of my computer.) If anyone has any suggestions on how to get around this please let me know. Or if anyone knows where I can download Into the West and May it Be just having those two songs would be enough. Thanks everyone!
Rachel
freakysoccer13
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2004 12:21
Has anyone worked out the notes for the Shire Theme? I'm trying to play it on my pennywhistle, but not having much luck. I'm kindof stuck.

Thanks

I am sure you know the rythem to the shire theme, but i have to notes for piccolo if it can help you at all (don't know anything about pennywhistle, but i imagine it is in concert pitch, if not you have to transpose...) Since i can't type out rythem, i will just type out the notes...

Eb, F, G, Bb, G, trill between F and G for one beat, Eb, grace note Bb to F, Bb, C, Eb, D, Bb, G, Ab, trill G and F, Eb, F, G, Bb, G, F, Eb, grace note G, Eb, grace note Bb, G, Bb, C, Bb, G, grace note F, G, F, Eb, F, Eb

I hope that helped even the slightest bit. the rythems are very easy to figure out by listening to the song. It is a bit dificult to play before you have it down.

Sara
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 06, 2004 06:53
See, I have all the soundtracks, but I wanted to burn my favorite songs from the 3 onto one disk. However, whenever I pop the CD into my player/burner, it always goes right to the special online content page

One of my CD's did that the other day (it wasn't an LOTR CD either) and I just wanted to play it through the computer and this online thing tried to open up, it didn't get very far because I wasn't online at the time. I don't know technically how I got round it but I think I opened my player (I use Windows Media Player) first and then put my CD back in, when the thing popped up I just closed it and then it seemed to work. This info is probably useless to you and you've probably already tried it... but I thought I'd tell you anyway.

As for the LOTR soundtracks I LOVE THEM. only I don't have them on CD yet I only hear them on the movie. I do have the sheet music to ROTK and I want to get the sheet music and the soundtracks for the others soon. I love the way the music is composed! Its so pretty, I study music and play the violin and the piano, I don't find the music that hard to play but I still really enjoy playing it when I get the chance. Howard Shore, I think or whoever wrote it really knew how to bring out the violins sweet sound as well as the flutes and even (dare I say it) the brass instruments. He's an amazing composer! Anyway I absolutely LOVE the music in LOTR and I can't wait until I've bought the soundtracks.
SilverWendy
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2004 01:33
Greetings friends of old. I was advised to post this here as well. I'm still curious to know if anyone else is trying this....

"Requiem for The Ring"

In the same sense of matching up Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon with The Wizard of Oz, you can match up the Lord of the Rings supertrailer (from the 2nd disc of Return of the King) with Clint Mansell's Requiem For a Dream. If you recall, the song was used for The Two Towers Trailer and is a very powerful song.

What do do.....
Get the Return of the King DVD. On the 2nd disc with the special features, set up the Lord of the Rings Supertrailer.
Get a copy of Clint Mansell's Requiem for a Dream. The only version that will work with this is the version that is roughly 6 minutes and 30 seconds. (for the most part, the song is listed as having a run time of 6:34, but is only about 6:24 from start to finish. This is the version that you should use.) It may take a few tries to get this exactly right.
You will need to turn down the volume on the video. The only audio should be just the music. When you start the trailer, you will see a quick glimpse of Shelob and then it fades out. The New Line Cinema logo will appear. Just before the logo completely fades, start the song. The song should start just about 5th second of the trailer (because about 4 seconds is dedicated to the New Line logo).

Some notable similarities between the song and the trailer has a lot to do with drum beats in the song and the musical crescendos.

-- You will notice a clangy sound when at the end of the clip that shows the Ring falling through the cave.
-- When Rosie Cotton jumps up.
-- Violins as it shows the Ring on Sauron's hand.
-- Violin repetition during the transitions that show Rivendell, the snowy mountain and the door of Moria.
-- When the Balrog cracks his whip.
-- An interesting musical transition in the Mines of Moria when the scene would start getting tense (when the firelight illuminates the cave entrance)
-- The (bass) drum beats with the Cave Troll and the Balrog chasing the Fellowship.
-- Percussion movements (transitions) changing with the cave troll and when the stairs of Kazad-dum are falling down.
-- The music "rises" when "A Fellowship is Broken" appears on the screen.
-- Crescendo when Aragorn kisses Boromir's forehead.
-- A deep "boom" during the scene that trans to Rohan.
-- In the middle of the song, a percussion change with a flash (and beat) to the Eye of Sauron.
-- The percussion beats match up with the Ent march on Isengard.
-- The vocals (sounds similar to chanting) when the camera is sweeping over the orcs at Isengard (when Saruman is addressing the Orcs.
-- A musical transition (with vocals rising) begins when "A King Returns" is superimposed on the screen.

These are the most notable coincidences. Again, these are noticed when the trailer and song are lined up just right. This does have a margin of error, depending on the musical playback device you use. (for some reason, my CD walkman is slightly faster than my Winamp player) .
A lot of other things that you will notice are character movements, eye movements and actions during particular beats. The song gets slower during slow parts of the trailer and speeds up and becomes more powerful during more action and intense moments. It’s almost as if whoever put the trailer together had the entire song in mind when they did it.
The end of the song (when all elements of the song come together (strings, percussion, vocals, winds and horns) will show each main (and lesser) character individually. The end of the song will concentrate on Frodo (as he was looking at the Black Gates) and ends on his look of fright. Then the song will end and the Lord of the Rings logo will appear in silence.

Cheers,
Wendy
[email protected]
you_bow_to_noone
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2004 07:27
Wow I absolutely love the soundtrack music!! It is so amazing and I have all the CD's of it that I like, always listen to!!
Also, we went to see the soundtrack concert at the Royal Albert Hall in September and it was soooo amazing!! :rolling:
The_White_Rider
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2004 03:33
I love both soundtracks - am currently trying to work the Brass Band selections (FOTR) into a piano part - spent all year hunting for those!

Loved TTT soundtrack - fave tracks - Evenstar and Foundations of Stone!

Loved FOTR just as much - fave tracks - In Dreams, Aniron, Concerning Hobbits.

Ainulindale - have you worked out the notes? I NEED THEM!

Do you still want music for LOTR? if so let me know I have sequenced about 20 tracks from the Trilogy. I'll try and list them, if I can remember!

The Prophecy
Concerning Hobbits (Partial)
A Knife in the Dark
Many Meetings
Aniron
Dwarrodelf (Short only)
Lament for Gandalf
In Dreams
May it Be
Foundations of Stone (Opening only)
Evenstar
Breath of Life
Forth Eorlingas
Isengard Unleashed
Gollum's Song
Minas Tirith
The Steward of Gondor
Minas Morgul (Partial only)
The Ride of the Rohirrim (Partial only)
Twilight and Shadow
The Black Gate Opens (Partial only)
The End of All Things
The Return of the King
Into the West.

They are all midi files if your interested!
Rebecca_C
CoE Volunteer & Weeper of Nienna
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 03:28
Can I get the sheet music from anywhere to play on an instrument? Does anyone know any websites that have it?
Muzzy
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 05:59
You can the sheet music for the three films on Amazon for the piano for about £7 each.

I really want them ........maybe for Christmas .....
Muzzy
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 06:07
When I saw the LOTR symphony at the Royal Albert Hall conducted by THE Howard Shore in September I was over the moon. The soundtracks are brilliant but they're even more brilliant when you hear them played live!!!!

I've played FOTR myself with my orchestra (where I play the French Horn) and I'm gonna get the music for piano soon ....Whoooo!

Howard Shore deserved all his Oscars!!!!!!
orthanc5
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 12:05
If you don't want to spend 7 pounds, just send me a PM. I can type out the notes (i figured them out by ear) for you to a lot of the themes, or just the starting note if you want to figure it out on your own.
samUNit7
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 07:26
does anyone know where to download songs from RotK? man the soundtrack is good, but i want to put it on my xanga too...PM me if u find out

thanks so much (i love The Fields of Pelennor and the Grey Havens)

~Sam
<< First1112131415Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email