Register

<< First1314151617Last >>
Author Topic:
Gaandalf
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The soundtracks! FotR, TTT, & ROTK
on: February 13, 2005 08:39
hey! i'm new round here .. but i have a question ...

After seeing The Extended Edition of ROTK ... i've noticed that the song that plays during the Houses Of Healing scene where Eowyin is healed and she also meets Faramir is missing from the original soundtrack.

Do you have any idea where one might find this song ... so he can download it ? The song is flawless and i'm kinda desperate!

10x!
Katiya
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2005 06:31
I've downloaded it, but I just Googled it I think. There's quite a bit of bg noise, and it doesn't have the best sound quality, but if you like, PM me and I'll try and upload my copy of it somewhere and give you the link to it. I don't have the original link, cause the forum I got it from isn't running atm, so try lookin a bit, but I'll do what I can for ya!

And yeah, a newbie here, but I've been a member of another LOTR forum for over a year now, so I guess I'm not quite.

So, I'll post my thoughts on the soundtrack
Howard Shore's a bloody genius! I honestly don't know how it's possible to create something that so perfectly suits the landscape, cultures, and indiv. characters. Everything just fits like it was meant to be. My fav tracks are

FOTR:
Concerning Hobbits
Council of Elrond
Lothlorien
May It Be

TTT:
Taming of Smeagol
Riders of Rohan
King of the Golden Hall
Evenstar
Breath of Life
Forth Eorlingas
Gollum's Song

ROTK:
A Storm is Coming
Steward of Gondor
Ride of the Rohirrim
Twilight and Shadow
The Black Gate opens
Into the West
~hobbitgirl~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2005 10:10
My favourite theme is the Rohan theme.....absolutely exquisite.... The music when Frodo & Sam are climbing up Mt Doom is absolutely perfect.... and so is the music when Frodo wakes up afterward.....and so is The Grey Havens and The Bridge of Khazad-dum. The vocal chants are wonderful and unobtrusive. I basically love everything about the soundtracks!!!!! But my absolute favourite piece is when Eowyn is standing in front of Meduseld in TTT.
Katiya
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 07:02
Yeah, the flute piece by James Galway while Frodo and Sam are climbing Mt. Doom is amazing. I play the flute too, so I love it especially.
My concert band played an arrangement of FOTR one year...so much fun, as lead flute I got an amazing solo...
And I'm learning the fiddle, so I'm in the process of trying to figure out the Rohan theme on it...it's not going so well, it's not a Hardinger, so the sound's off, but I think it's getting there.
BlueSting
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2005 10:39
My sister plays the vilion and I play piano. Does anyone know of a good place to download or buy Concering Hobbits?
orthanc5
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 22, 2005 02:38
It's not too complex, I figured it out on violin, so I can PM you the notes if you'd like, or I can give you the opening notes if you feel in the mood to figure it out by ear.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2005 09:49
I like all the soundtracks for different things, i like Gollum's song, when the elves some to helms deep, Hobbiton, Enya's stuff, Lothlorien, just about everything I just :heart: all the music, it is just so beautiful! Everyone who worked on the soundtrack is just so amazing. Its by far my favorite soundtrack. :love:
claudiamarie
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2005 10:56
The soundtracks from the Lord of the Rings, lend beauty to the screen. They provide a backgroud to the three most honoured films ever to play on a movie screen. I love the beautiful cry of the music of the shire, the Battle of Helm's Deep, the fight for Middle Earth, Howard Shore did an magnificant job with his music. And congratulations to PJ on all of the Oscars.
roxi89
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2005 04:45
I love all the soundtracks!! They are just amazing!! ;D Hey, does any of you have got lyrics to the Breath of Life?? HELP!!
kaytee
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2005 12:32
You can buy selections of the score of each of the films - they come in standard music books. I got the score for piano from newline.com- lotr shop. And if you do a search on Amazon.com you'll be able to find a lotr score book that has instrumental solos for all of the string instruments- I got one for the cello- it even has piano accompaniments! (I did a book search for cello on amazon so try a book search for violin.)
Good luck!

My sister plays the vilion and I play piano. Does anyone know of a good place to download or buy Concering Hobbits?
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 05:20
Is it just me or does Arwen's Song remind you of the fading of Lothlórien? Especially these lyrics: ...The world has changed forever
And the trees are now turning from green to gold
And the sun is now fading

The song is supposed to connect Arwen to Éowyn through their love of Aragorn...but it still reminds of Lothlórien...

roxi89, these are the lyrics to the Breath of Life:

Sindarin
Uich gwennen na 'wanath ah na dhín.
An uich gwennen na ringyrn ambar hen.
Boe naid bain gwannathar,
Boe cuil ban firitha.
Boe naer gwannathach,

English
'You are not bound to loss and silence.
For you are not bound to the circles of this world.
All things must pass away,
All life is doomed to fade…
Sorrowing you must go, [and yet you are not without hope].'
roxi89
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2005 07:58
thanx ;* Lady~Eowyn, it reminds me the fading of Lothlórien - for me it doesn't match the love theme at all! Although I think it's nice and i like it ;D
ash_nazg4321
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2005 01:32
there's no music i'd rather listen to. my real favorites are The Bridge of Khazad-Dum, Forth Eorlingas, the White Tree, and the Return of the King finale. i get chills when i listen to these tracks. i have to interrupt ppl talking to hear my favorite parts.
classically_boho
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2005 10:06
Wow, this is fantastic! I've never been able to admit to people that my favourite music is the LOTR soundtrack to all three movies, because I get scorned upon! I'm so happy to see there are so many like-minded people here!

I love the Rivendell and Lothlorien music, Evenstar and all the ethereal songs. Also love the Edoras/Rohirrim themes. And also I love the harp/flutey bit in the middle of The White Rider on the TTT soundtrack. And Forth Eorlingas is amazing! (sorry I'm rambling, but I can finally get it all out!)

To anyone who has the sheet music for piano..is it difficult? I'm at a Grade 4/5 level and I'm dying to buy the music but as it's fairly expensive, do you think it would be too advanced?
Elwing47
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 02:22
I love the sound tracks! they are totally awsome!:heart:
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 10:32
Wow, this is fantastic! I've never been able to admit to people that my favourite music is the LOTR soundtrack to all three movies, because I get scorned upon!

I know what you mean! Sometimes I'm listening to one of the soundtracks and just when I start getting into it, someone asks (innocently) "what are you listening to?" I mumble 'the soundtrack to lotr... i like it a lot...really!" ::erson looks at me quizzically:::

Anyway, you should get the piano sheet music, classically_boho! I have the Fellowship and "Into the West", and the music is mostly chords. I'm a late intermediate/early advanced pianist, and I thought it was pretty easy, but so much fun!
Morna_Child_of_Eru
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2005 07:02
Question...

I love the "The Road Goes Ever On and On" song, but in the movie, it sort of fades out before you hear Bilbo or Gandalf sing all of it. Does this song exist in it's entirety somewhere I can listen to it and learn to sing it?
ash_nazg4321
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2005 07:16
the Fellowship of the Ring p.58:

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say

this is an awesome song, and i sing it all the time while walking.
Morna_Child_of_Eru
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2005 06:55
Hey thanks so much.

I know the lyrics...I'm looking for the actual music. Once I get to "if I can", the music in the movie fades out so I don't know how to sing the rest.
ash_nazg4321
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2005 12:07
well i always sing the Pursuing...say part to the same tune as the first half, and that seems to work. but that's just me
a_balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 03:35
I've noticed a lot of people asking for links to sheet music and songs not appearing in the soundtrack so I thought that, seeing as I've spent ages looking for them too and know how annoying it is to not be able to find them, have decided to make a list of the links I have found:

Lots of mp3s:

http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/music.html

MIDIs:

http://www.nevrast.net/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=39

mp3s not in the soundtrack:

http://www.audiblebeauty.net/lordoftherings.htm - best recording of the Passing of the Elves
http://www.sa-matra.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/lotr/

Brilliant elvish lyrics:

http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/movie.htm

Sheet music:

http://www.avarisilver.tk/
http://www.cerulean-pictures.com/

and my site, with the sheet music I couldn't find anywhere else:

http://www.oides.co.uk/3rd_age/

Unfortunately, I still haven't found the theatrical version of "The Field of Pelennor" . Please, if there is anyone reading this who has the ability to do it, PLEASE do it. Thank you.

-----------
a_balrog
Elioclya
Lady of Ithilien
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 07:33
I love these soundtracks; I listen to them all the time, having put them on my media player on the computer. I use them to work to, to relax to, even to sleep to sometimes. One thing though: is it just me or does Shadow of the Past on the Fellowship soundtrack remind anyone else of Harry Potter?
Galendir
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 08:14
I LOOOOVE the soundtrax!!!

I burned my own copy of ROTK and added the Trailer music to the beginning and "Use Well the Days" to the end---now I've got the whole LOTR music experience! I plan on doing the same with the others, adding trailer music and also Bilbo's party music to FOTR--I was initially bummed that it wasn't on the CD. (of course they're not for sale)

I have the whole trilogy memorized on the piano, not only the stuff in the sheet music but various parts I've learned on my own--notably, the reforging of Anduril, and the part in "Hope and Memory" from when Merry gives Pip the Longbottom, through Aragorn and Merry watching Shadowfax gallop away.

I can also do things like the Shire theme (and the part when Frodo's crawling up Mt. Doom) on the Irish tinwhistle.
_lotr_niamh_lotr
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 09:07
i havnt got the sound tracks but the music in the films is so unbelievably amazin. howard shore is so cool
DLcygnet
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2005 08:07
I thought them getting Enya to do some of the work was genius... and I thought she did all of the elven parts. Then I found out that somebody else sang the Lothlorien elf parts. Does anybody know the name of that woman? Thanks.

I hope it hasn't been posted 10 pages back...

elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 11, 2005 06:42
I know Renee Fleming did the soprano elven parts for ROTK -I'm not sure if she did TTT or not. Enya I think, did do the elven parts in FOTR though I'm pretty certain she didn't do any of the others.
Elioclya
Lady of Ithilien
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 01:31
I think it's Elizabeth Fraser... she did the Lament for Gandalf which is included in that track anyway
little_orc
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 04:02
[b][/b]Music is what creates the feeling behind the scenes of any movie. I totally love all the music in these movies it is perfected to match the story of the war of the ring.
The Lord of the rings soundtrack is very touching and some of my favorite ones are Gollums music and of course The shire music,or Sam Gamgees Music as I call it!
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 06:09
I think it's Elizabeth Fraser... she did the Lament for Gandalf which is included in that track anyway

Your right Elioclya -(I just got confused cause Enya did the theme for Aragorn and Arwen :blush: ) -The cd doesn't give any other performers name for the Lothlorien track, besides in the 'Lament for Gandalf' (which as Elioclya said was Elizabeth Fraser).
Celebnor
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 09:38
I only have the ROTK soundtrack. Poor me. But I love it. I listen to it ALL the time. 'Hope and Memory' is my favorite, but I also like 'The Stweard of Gondor' , 'Into the West'(that one makes me cry sometimes), and 'Shelob's Lair'. Muahahaha!
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2005 09:18
Hi. I finally have money for the Return of the King soundtrack. Is the song "Green Dragon" on the soundtrack?

:love:
~Stella~
Elemmírë of Varda and Merry\'s Illustrated Supper
Send Message
on: June 21, 2005 02:48
Does anyone know how long it took to make all 3 lord of the rings movie soundtracks (to write and compose) and for the music of the 1978 cartoon to be made? I am working on something for that. Or at least a site to find that info out.

angvaethor
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2005 10:37
i have all 3 soundtracks. amazing music that takes you to middle earth. i copied some of my favorite tracks onto a cd so i can play them in my car and i do a lot. movies were great, despite things that happened differently or not at all from the books, but they wouldn't be much with shore's music, who's a genius like hans zimmer (gladiator).
eowyn4u
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2005 09:54
Hi. I finally have money for the Return of the King soundtrack. Is the song "Green Dragon" on the soundtrack?

:love:

Sadly not- I'm really sorry, I got all three soundtracks, with 2 copies of each!!!! I love them so much- but sadly at the moment I don't have a cd player mine currently broke.
~Stella~
Elemmírë of Varda and Merry\'s Illustrated Supper
Send Message
on: June 25, 2005 11:16
There will be an extended CD in a year of two with all the music from the movies Extended and theatre. I do have recordings of Arwens Song, The Green Dragon., and others. If interested e-mail me and [email protected]
<< First1314151617Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email