Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Falling Doom
on: March 18, 2007 01:28
As they walked on the sun began to set, illuminating the way through the village for the rest of Mearu's family - and Cerilyn. In the houses on both sides of the road, voices could be heard. Cheerful and ignorant voices, without any clue about what was about to happen. Because the plague would spread, most certainly killing every human being in this village - without stopping here.

Ceri suddenly felt the urge to run into the nearest home, and tell them that they should leave - run, go, ride - away from everything here. Save yourselves, she would have said. It would be the only way. Luckily, she managed to restrain herself, knowing the waste of time her little outbreak would cost. And time wasn't something they had a lot of.

Squeezing Mearu's shoulder, the girl whispered; "We'll be alright. We'll be all right."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2007 02:07
Hithgalad looked at Mearu with sad eyes at the request she asked of them. But he nodded, "Very well." He said. He went outside, the night was just beginning to settle, the warmpth about to leave the air. He found a shovel lying about the lawn, and took it in hand.

He looked about for a suitable place, and found abeautiful one under a flowering tree, he dug the first grave, and then the second one in silence. He knew that the other elf would be there to console Mearu. He went back to the house after he was done.

"The graves are dug, have you any candles? They will serve to light the way for the children's souls." He asked gently.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2007 02:23
"I do." Sibbya answered. Sje disappeared into the house for a second then came out with a few candles.
Sibbya tried to hold her head high, tried to stop the tears, but she broke down when she saw her oldest children being buried.

Sibbya fell to her knees beside the graves. Touching them both with her hands, whispering prayers.
Then she stood to her feet and grabbed Hithgalad's shoulder for support.
"Follow my family now, there is no hope left for me. I shall die beside my children." Sibbya said weakly.

Mearu continued to grip Ceri's hand, every time she heard a happy voice or saw someone smile she wanted to scream at them. Why did they get to be happy? She hated every smiling face she saw.

Hydre walked on, but there was an empty look in his eyes and it made Mearu sad.
Hlehhan continued to cry for his Mama, but Hydre didn't react to him anymore, he just stared ahead with a blank look on his face.

Then Mearu looked up at Ceri. "Why do those people get to be happy? I hate them!" Mearu shouted angrily.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2007 02:36
Hithgalad watched as Sirioldad placed both children into the graves. He sang an old lament in the old tongue, watching with sorrow that was from the heart. How many children had he seen buried? He did not know, nor did he wish to.

"The wind blows chill,
As the night decends,
But still a flame,
Burns within.
And we walk,
We walk these many lands,
Our hands together,
Guided by the light,
Of a thousand candles,
By Ilvatar's wisdom.
Ai! Ilvatar, take our children by the hand,
And guide us through the darkness,
To the lands where you dwell,
To the lands where our weary feet might find a place to rest,
And a pillow for our children's heads,
To sleep at last."

Hithgalad sang this gently, as much to ease Sibbya's mind as it was a prayer. He looked at her when she clasped his shoulder. She was serious.

"My lady Sibbya. Are you sure?"
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2007 03:07
"They do not know what's coming." Ceri looked down upon Mearu. "But we shouldn't hate them. It will be come over them soon, and I hope they find a quick death." Turning away from the little girl, Ceri let her hazel gaze sweep over the crowds. By tomorrow, most of them would be either dead, or in grief for the loss of family members.

Cerilyn didn't envy them. She was too exhausted to even care. And as the sun set over the village at last, the starved creature turned her eyes to the night sky.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2007 09:34
Sirioldad walked outside, rying to ease his discomfort. HE had a forboding sense of death in the woods. It felt like the battle fields after a squabble between two scouting parties. It felt like death was inevitable, and that whom so ever was caught here would perish. He sat down on a stump in the front yard and stared blankly at the two new mounds there.

He felt confused and there was another emotion he felt but had not since his father had tore him away from his mother in Valinor. His father had recently died and he did not feel it even then. Sirioldad put his head in his hands and groaned in frustration. He hated when he felt this emotion, for it always ment an on slaught of emotion he could not control no matter how hard he tried.

His head pounded and his mouth felt dry, he suddenly felt very sick and far away. His vision blurred and he heard a scream, though it was faint and small. His eyes snapped open, unaware that he had even closed them. He leapt up from the stump and went to where Hithgalad was.

"I think we should go now to her family and see them there safely. They may need help along the way and guidance as well. My lady, are you positive that you are to remain here alone until your death comes? We could wait with you so that you needn't die in solitude. The plague might perhaps not have been passed to your fea and that might mean that you shall live on to do wonderous things."

His words were spoken with sympathy for her and yet they held a mysterious air about them and were spoken shrouded in mystery, as his always were. He went inside briefly to grab his armour and cloak and his arms, then he went outside. He put his chainmail on, followed by a light breastplate, then his sword, quiver and bow, followed by his shield in his hand and the helm ontop of his head.

It glistned in the light and his shield also, being covered in a thin plating of silver, his treasured metal. His eyes strayed to the mounds newly formed and he sighed with the trees, who sounded as though their spirits had fled with the last breeze that had lightly tossed his burnt red hair.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2007 11:20
"I wish to stay. I do not want to take the chance." Sibbya said.
Then she stood there by the mounds and watched as the two Elves left to find and protect her family. She began to weep, and she would whisper things to help them on their way, to protect them ffrom danger.

Mearu looked up at Ceri. She was very wise and Mearu knew that she shouldn't hate, although she was angry.
When night fell they made a small camp. Hydre made a small fire, but he sat away from the children. He wanted to be alone so that he could think about all that had just happened.

Then Hlehhan began to wail again for Mama. Mearu had become annoyed at his whining and she lost her temper, although she did not mean to.
"They are dead Hlehhan! Mama is dead and she can't come to you anymore, so stop crying!" Mearu shouted.
Hlehhan was stunned by her sudden outburst and sat there quietly for a moment trying to think about what she had just said.

Mearu realized her mistake immdiately and took Hlehhan into her arms. "I'm sorry I lost my temper Hlehhan. I'm scared too." Mearu whispered. She would have to be Hlehhan's mother now, she would have to take care of him as Mama had.
Hlehhan put his little arms around her neck, holding on as if he would lose her as well.

"Come Hlehhan, we had all better get some sleep now." Mearu whispered, she laid him down next to her on her cloak.
But it took Mearu a long time to fall asleep, she kept her eyes on her Father as he sat in the darkness alone.

When Hydre saw that all the children were asleep he rose to his feet and started to make his way towards his makeshift bed, but he heard a sound in the forest.
Hydre picked up his hunting bow and walked a little ways from the children.
Then suddenly an arrow hit Hydre in the chest, he fell to the ground, wounded but not dead.

Hydre heard a shireking sound and looked up and saw a small band of orcs running out of hiding places.
Theys surrounded Hydre as he lay there wounded.
"No!" Hydre shouted as an orc raised his poisoned blade.
The orc didn't think twice as it cut down upon Hydre.

Mearu heard the cry and woke, she thought it might have been a dream, but then she heard loud noises in the dark forest.
"Ceri! Something is wrong." Mearu whispered, she watched as many dark shadows began to appraoched them, she held Hlehhan ever closer to her body.
"Oh Valar." Mearu whispered, her eyes showed fear.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2007 12:56
Htihgalad looked at Sibbya, then nodded, he would respect her request. He looked to Sirioldad, no words were needed. He retreived his horse from where she had wandered, he had no armour. Then went beside the warrior.

He rode slowly beside the other elf, in quiet contemplation, but his thoughts were not left to themselves for long. He heard the sounds of battle up ahead. He heard the shreiks that could only belong to orcs. Gritting his teeth he kicked his horse into a gallop.

"Come on." He said to Sirioldad as he took off, drawing his sword from it's scabbard. He burst into the orc's midst and began to cut his way through them.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2007 02:36
Sirioldad's bright green eyes flashed with fear for the family when he heard the orcs. HE ran with suprising speed and matched Hithgalad's horse and even over took it. EH cut into the orcs, the blade of his sword flashing and shimmering with a silver light, galdly cleaving orcs right and left. HE smield at the thought of finally being able to take out some of his bottled emotions.

The two girls and the young boy were cornered by four orcs and he sliced through two then used the back motion to slice the remaining. He fought fiercely and protected the children, determined to not let the children get hurt or scathed. HE put his body between the opposing forces and the children, his face enough to make the evil beings fall back, unsure of themselves.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2007 03:29
Hithgalad fought back at the orcs, he found Hydre laying there on the ground, his keen elven eyes picking him out. With a roar of outrage Hithgalad positioned himself protectively in front of the wounded man. He killed every orc who came to close, never moving from his position. He refused to give any ground to the foul orcs.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2007 09:06
Mearu screamed when they were cornered but was thankful that the Elves had come to protect them. She looked at little Hlehhan, he was crying loudly and he clutched Mearu so hard his fingers were white.

Then Mearu realized that her Father was no where to be seen. She looked over and saw Hithgalad fighting some other orcs, but she couldn't see her father anywhere. She prayed that he would be all right but had a sense of dread in her heart.

Then suddenly an orc grabbed her hair, he had slipped passed Sirioldad. Mearu screamed loudly when she saw the orc's face.
He smiled and lifted his blade, but then Sirioldad cut the orc's head off.
Mearu gasped and jumped back.

Hydre was very badly wounded and he continued falling in and out of consciousness. Then he saw his children cornered but a figure protecting them. He felt very weak, and his wound was very bad but maybe with these Elves he would make it. Elves were amazing healers, maybe they could heal him so he would not had to leave his children to fend for themselves.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2007 09:27
Sirioldad had acted quickly, swiping the head fro mthe orc. He hated to startle the young girl as he had but he needed to protect them ,as her mother had wished. He thought bitterly about his father and was glad to see their father was an honorable man, unlike his.

Sirioldad spit out blood when an orc had slipped past his defences and punched him right in the mouth, causing to bite down hard on his tongue. He uttered a low curse and robbed the creature's head from his head. He kept fighting, wishing to keep the children safe. He had always enjoyed their laughter and how full of energy they were, even if he had only been around Elflings and only a few at that.

He turned as a blade rushed at him and deflected it, stabbing the orc through his chest. He threw the orc back with a powerful force, then he spun to miss a blade only by a hair, and he spun back to catch the orc in the side. His blade was caught in a hand and thrown toward him, then he was hit on the back of his head. He fought for conciousness, scared for not only himself but the children as well.

He swung his blade in an arch through the air and caught the being in the head, spitting it in two down the center. He turned and sliced the other in half, his vision blurring from the blow he had recieved. Sirioldad took a drink out of his flask, his vision clearing and the ringing stopped. His helm had caught most of the force but it still had smashed into his head.

He turned and his blade shone with a loathign, cold light as it flew through the air and caught two other orcs, one in the head and one in the heart. He fought hard and ferociously, not letting his defences down again.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2007 09:28
Never in her life had Cerilyn daughter of Dewin seen the beasts of Morgoth Bauglir to her naked eye. "Mearu! Take your brother!" Blinded by fear and panic, the girl grabbed Mearu's shaking hand, lifted the little boy onto her hip, and halfway dragging them both after her, ran for the covers of the forest.

She couldn't go neither very fast or very far, but manging to reach the first trees she slowed her pace. Hushing the crying boy, she led the children as far as she could into the forest, before hearing the growling of the orcs coming after them.

Ceri climbed into the biggest tree she could find, lifting the two siblings one after the other into the tree carefully. "Just a little bit now. We have to hide. Mearu, try to hush him. He'll bring them this way. Just a little further up, in-between those big branches, you see?"

She continued speaking to them in the same calm manner, as they climbed higher up. Finally,they found a place near the treetop, where they were almost invisible to anyone trying to find them from below.

Stroking the little boy's head, Ceri whispered. "Now we have to wait. The Elves will come. I know they will."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2007 09:52
Mearu was glad when the fighting was over and the small band of orcs destroyed.
She slipped out of the tree that Ceri had led them to, then she went on a frantic search for her Father.
When she saw him laying on the ground, not moving, she ran and fell down beside him. She began to weep, but it was a quiet, fearful weeping.

Then she felt someone gently pull her away from her Father, and she did not fight back. She stood and lifted the terrified Hlehhan back into her arms.
Then Hydre coughed, and gasped for air. Mearu gasped, he was alive but how long would he live?
"Can you save Papa?" Mearu asked the Elves.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2007 10:23
Hithgalad pushed the orcs back with a furious swipe of his sword. He managed to avoid a blow to his shoulder, but ended up fighting on his knees, the blow catching him off balance.

He pushed back at the orcs, rising to his feet. He did not know how many he had killed, but suddeny it was over. Then he went to Hydre, he had to pull one of the children off of him. He did so gently.

Hithgalad knelt beside the man, wincing as his knee met the ground, he saw that it was bruised badly. It would recover in time and he did not give it another thought. Silently he remeoved the arrow from the man, careful to keep pressure on the wound.

"Sirioldad, can you tear some bandages?"
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2007 10:44
Carrying Hlehhan, Ceri slowly followed Mearu. She let go of the boy, and watched him run after his sister. Her nightgown was becoming dirty, but the girl didn't min. She let out a little gasp seeing the body of their father on the ground. He didn't look like he was going to make it.

A cold wind blew through the trees, reaching the group. It made Cerilyn shiver. She walked over to what was left of the fire, trying to get it started again. She figured that they would need some heat whatever they were going to do next.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2007 03:09
Mearu looked up at Sirioldad. "Can you save Papa?" She asked.
Hlehhan clutched Mearu's skirts and his brown eyes held terror in them.

Mearu quickly moved out of the way and went over to Ceri. She tried to help her start the fire as well.
Hlehhan stood nearby, keeping a watchful eye on his Papa.

"Is this what happened to you Ceri? Did you loose your family like this too?" Mearu asked, she tried to hold back the fear in her voice, and the tears.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2007 02:07
Cerilyn hesitated a moment. "No," she said. As she turned to face Mearu, tears were running freely down her cheeks. "We weren't the first in town to get it. And when my Papa got sick, I left them." In spite the diffuculty Cerilyn was having with facing her actions, her voice was still strong. "I walked, for days and nights. There was no food, no people. Only empty villages." Putting another log on the fire, the girl wrapped her arms around her knees.

"I remember, about a week ago, I came across a village where there was no-one left but the adults. No children, no elderly." Cerilyn's eyes began turning hazy. "I met a woman there, she reminded me of Mama. She fed me, and put me to bed. But the next day, they all were gone. Was it just imaginary, I wonder, or were they there for real, the last inhabitants of a dead city?"

The girl fell silent, slowly poking the growing fire with a stick. Her eyes turned red from the light of the fire, and her face harsh. She had nothing more to say, no words of wisdom to comfort her young friend. Realizing this, Cerilyn closed her eye as she used to, and began slowly drifting off into sleep.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2007 01:27
(I'll be gone a tomorrow and some of the next day, but I'll be back soon)

Mearu watched her friend fall asleep. Mearu wrapped her arms around her knees. She looked over at Hlehhan and he seemed to be sleeping, but then woke and lifted his head.
Mearu was about to go over to him but Hlehhan crawled over to Ceri and curled up close to her and fell asleep again.

Mearu smiled, Hlehhan seemed to think of Ceri as an older sister now. Then Mearu's thoughts turned back to what Ceri had told her.
She felt tears roll down her cheeks. Then she looked back at the Elves and they were still tending her Papa's wounds.

Then she wrapped her arms around her knees again and buried her face in her knees and wept. She was so afraid of losing him too, she would have nothing. Just little Hlehhan, and she was worried that she wouldn't be able to take care of him.

"Mama said I was more mature than any other girls my age, I must hold onto her words and take them to heart." Mearu said, she sat up straight and tried to look brave, but she was still so scared.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2007 12:06
Sirioldad came running back with two water skins filled with water from a stream he had found. He ripped a spare blanket he had into strips and gave them to Hithgalad. He put the water in a pan and boiled it, then got some herbs out to help the man heal.

Sirioldad then sat back on his heels, running a hand nervously through his long, now loose burnt red hair. HE looked up at the night sky, his eyes watching the moon and stars, reflacting their light as well as his hair. His skin reflected the light of the moon and the stars in the sky.

He went to Hithgalad's side and watched him heal the man, then went to the children and sat by the young girl with her brother. "So, what type of things do you do to pass time, young one? How old are you and your brother?"

He then looked up at the stars again, his skin holding the light more as he let his glow brighten some.

" Strange are the stars, for they always change and never stay idle, much as many in these lands we live in.THey hold curiosity and force us to gaze at them, only to dissappear or wink at our predictability. Tell me, do like the night sky and moon? I find comfort in them when I feel saddened or if I am scared. The stars always hold comfort I think for all, being a creation of the fair lady Varda, or Elbereth as we sometimes refer to her as."

He looked at the girl out of the corner of his eye and sighed, stretching out on the ground and letting his arms rest behind his head. He closed hie eyes and acted as if he was asleep, but his eyes were alert for any noise in the wood that surrounded them for orcs.

(sorry, I meant to say Varda and the glow, I meant to mean that his pale skin was reflecting the light of the moon. I am sorry about that.)

[Edited on 25/3/2007 by Elfalas]
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: March 24, 2007 01:15
elfalas,

what's with the 'glow'? and I take it you are talking about two different Vala...Vana and Elbereth (Varda), right?
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2007 01:18
Hithgalad nodded his thanks to Sirioldad, but said nothing. He had to work fast to heal the man. He noticed the boiling
water and the herbs. First he cleaned the man's wounds witht he hot water, carefully wiping away the dirt to avoid causing infection. Hithgalad took the remaining water and used it to mush the herbs-which he had ground into a pouder with a rock and a bowl he carried with him-into a paste. This he applied about the man's wound, it would prevent infection and start the healing process.

Hithgalad washed his hands clean with his own personal water skin. He was amazed at how much blood was washed away witht he water. He gently wrapped the man's wound up with the bandages that had been made, then took off his cape and tightly covered the man. Hopefully lessening shock from blood loss.

Hithgalad moved the man closer to the fire and then sat down beside him. He looked at the children and at his elven companion. He had not heard their words, he had not had time to stop and listen. But he smiled anyway.

"Do not fear, children. Your father should be alright soon enough. Though we will have to stay here for a day or so. Rest easy, I'll watch over him, and Sirioldad will too."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2007 02:09
Mearu looked over at Sirioldad. "I am thirteen and my brother is four." Mearu said, then she hugged her knees and watched as Hithgalad brought her Father closer to the fire.

Mearu found comfort in Hithgalad's words, but was still scared. What would happen if more orcs found them?
Mearu looked over at Hlehhan, he was sleeping contently curled up beside Ceri.

Mearu wasn't sure if she would be able to sleep, but she wanted to stay strong, so she laid down, knowing the Elves would keep a watch.
She soon fell asleep and had good dreams.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2007 02:25
Hithgalad watched Meru until she had fallen asleep. The poor child, and she tried to be so brave. He felt saddened by that fact. Human lives were so short, they began to die almost before they had a chance to live. He sat there in silence, knowing that Siroldad would keep watch for any trouble from orcs and other foul creatures.

It was tough for Hithgalad to accept death. He had avoided it on many occasion. Even during the kinslaying he had somehow managed to avoid death, though he had seen its after affects for certain. His face a quiet mask of calm one would not think that he was thinking such despairing thoughts.

He took the time to look at Sirioldad, the elf was far younger then he. It did not trouble him, but still...being around so many young people made him feel increadably old. He smiled at the thought. 'I am increadably old.' He thought to himself.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2007 11:43
Mearu woke with the dawn, she looked over at her father, but he still wasn't awake.
Mearu saw Hithgalad still awake, and Ceri and Hlehhan seemed to still be asleep.

Mearu moved closer to her Papa. "Wake up Papa. We need you." Mearu whispered, tears rolled down her cheeks.
Then Hydre's eyes fluttered open, his eyes were barely open.
Mearu smiled. "Papa!" Mearu exclaimed, she threw her arms around him.

Hydre breathed in short, ragged breaths. This startled Mearu and she moved back. Hydre raised his hand and touched her face, he put cupped his hand under her chin.
"Just like your Mother, so brave." Hydre said, he smiled slightly.
His hand began to lower, but Mearu grabbed his hand and held it.

"Hold on Papa! Please hold on! I can't go on without you!" Mearu cried.
"Mearu, I can barely breathe....I can't hold on." Hydre whispered.
"But you must, please Papa." Mearu begged, tears streamed down her face.
Hydre closed his eyes and Mearu gasped, she thought he had died, but she could see that he was still breathing, although it was slight.

Then she turned to Hithgalad. "Help Papa! Please help him. He says he can't breathe, you must do something." Mearu begged.
Hlehhan raised his sleepy head, his light brown curls were messy. Then he began to cry.
"Papa gone too!" Hlehhan cried, then he buried his head into Ceri's arms and wept.

Mearu ran over and rubbed his head. "No, he's not gone." She assured him, but he still cried.

(where is everyone else?)
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2007 12:56
"Help Papa! Please help him. He says he can't breathe, you must do something."

Hithgalad went over to Hyrde. He quietly changed the bandages he had made. There was still a lot of blood. Hithgalad kept his face calm as he cleaned the wound again and rebandaged it. He then took his water skin, letting some trickle down the man's throat.

"Hush now, children. Your father will be fine. He just needs rest." He smiled at the children, he hoped that the man would recover, he was a very good father, and Hithgalad did not envy the thought of having to become a foster parent to these two youngsters.

Hithgalad stirred up the fire, and prepared a soothing poltuce out of camomile herbs. He did not know if there was Athelas about, and he was not about to go looking for it. He gently washed the man's face with the poltuce, and boiled the water, letting the steam clear the man's lungs.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2007 09:32
Sirioldad had fallen aslep when he heard Mearu cry out and Hithgalad trying to calm her. Sirioldad got up and crossed the camp to where the man lie in five and one half strides. He sat down on his heels and looked at hithgalad, his face covered with worry and concern. "Do you need my help with anything, for if you do, let me know. I wish to help you in any way I can." He looked at the children and his eyes softened with concern for them. It was after all their father who was lying there, bleeding profusely. He went and got some clean bandages and brought them over to where Hithgalad worked.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2007 10:42
Mearu looked at Papa and sighed. She hoped more than anything that he would be all right.
She sat down close to him. "Will we be living outside until Papa gets better?" Mearu asked.

Hlehhan walked over to Mearu then fell in her arms, he was still weary. "Can I hug Papa?" Hlehhan asked.
Mearu looked down at him. "Not right now Hlehhan. He needs rest and we mustn't disturb him or it could hurt him." Mearu said.
Hlehhan nodded and curled up in her arms.

"You know, Hlehhan means laughter in our language. I wish he would laugh, I wish he could smile again." Mearu said sadly.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2007 07:40
((sorry, i've been a little busy.))

Cerilyn had been sleeping for quite a long time, and didn't wake even when the little boy came to her, crying. Her body was weary and her mind blank, letting her sustain this depth of sleep.

When she finally awoke, the situation had changed, and Mearu's father was not looking as bad as before. She sat up just in time to hear Mearu speak to her little brother. "You know, Hlehhan means laughter in our language. I wish he would laugh, I wish he could smile again."

Cerilyn walked over to the girl, sitting down next to her. She lay her bony arm around Mearu's back and hugged her. "Don't worry," she said. "Everything will get better. We are with the Elves now." She didn't know what else to say, so she just held her young friend, and glared into the distance.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2007 08:54
Mearu looked up at Ceri and nodded. "I hope you are right." She whispered.
Then she let Hlehhan get up and he began to pick up sticks and throw them into the small fire.
"Be careful Hlehhan." Mearu warned. Hlehhan had burned his hand once throwing sticks into a fire.

Hydre opened his eyes again, but this time he felt like he could breathe. He touched Mearu's arm and she jumped.
"Papa!" she squeled. Hlehhan rushed over when he heard her.
"I'm all right children, it doesn't hurt so much anymore." Hydre assured them.
"You can thank the Elves for that." Mearu said as she smiled at Hithgalad and Sirioldad.

Hydre smiled. "I know." He said, his voice was still raspy.
Then Mearu looked at Hithgalad seriously. "Should we get him to shelter? My Aunt's house is not far from here." Mearu said.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2007 09:20
Sirioldad voiced his opinon with firmness. "We shall move on to your aunt's house, before we might meet any other foul creatures whom could be lurknig, waiting for their next prey." With that, he picked Hydre up with no effort and held the man in a comfortable position, liek he had done with many who had been wounded in battle. He then turned to the small group and looked at Mearu.

"Can you lead the way, little one? You can be the captain of the guard 'til we reach you aunt's house, lest we be overtaken by any other orcs or such." He smiled at her and stepped aside, letting her assume the lead and take them to the house. Sirioldad was pleased immensly and highly lighthearted, his eyes shining with mirth and happiness. HE felt very good that they had killed a small hoarde of orcs and that the children's father had indeed survived and was gonig to live on.

His happines faltered though when he felt another strange sensation. He felt suddenly sad and grieved beyond words and he was confused slightly. He shook his head and pushed the feelings back far into the recesses of his mind, focusing on the task ahead.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2007 10:06
Hithgalad watched, as the family was reunited with one another, with a calm face. Though he was glad he did not feel as if it was the time to let himself relax enough to let his feelings be known. It was still very dangerous, the plague was far from over...they were not out of the woods yet.

"Let us be off then." He led his horse by the reins, walking alongside the family and Sirioldad.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2007 10:25
Watching everyone else get to their feet, Cerilyn sighed. She did not want to go anywhere just yet, but the rest of those she now called 'her people' were moving on, and left the girl no choice. Silently, she rose, shaking in her thin nightgown.

Being both hungry and tired, Cerilyn soon fell behind the others, watching them move further and further away. She didn't try to catch up with them, and wasn't in any way afraid of being alone. Besides, the sun had already set and the stars were just beginning to come out.

Looking at them so high above her in the night sky, Cerilyn found herself singing an old song her grandmother had taught her when she was a child. It told the story of Varda Elentári and how the stars, elenea* in the language of the Elves, came to be. Cerilyn found it to bee a beautiful song, and was soon so lost in thought and memory to notice that her companions were nowhere to be seen.

((*=that's at least what i think the plural of "star" is.))

[Edited on 28/3/2007 by Sana]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2007 02:00
Hithgalad paused. He was uncertain how long they had been walking but he felt as if something was missing. He turned about and saw that it was the girl, Cerilyn, she must have fallen behind.

"I will return momentarily." He said, "Keep to the road."

He quickly got on his horse, and cantered back downt he way they had come. It was late, the sun had set, the stars were out in all their beauty. But he caught the fragments of a young voice, singing an old song. He came upon Cerilyn quite suddenly.

"Cerilyn...We must keep up with the group." He got down off of his horse, walking up to her and picking her up. "Come..." He put her before him on his horse, then cantered slowly back to where he knew the group was.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2007 09:27
Mearu smiled at Sirioldad and quickly took the lead.
"Her house is not far really, we should be there before night falls." Mearu said.
Hlehhan walked behind Mearu for a little while, but he soon became weary and Mearu carried him.

Soon the came to a house that seemed to be the only house for miles. "That's my Aunt's house." Mearu said as she pointed.
but something about the house seemed frightening. It looked like it was empty.
Mearu walked to the door and knocked, when the door opened there was a small little girl standing there, Mearu didn't know who she was.

"Who are you?" The little girl asked. Mearu stared at her in shock. "I should ask the same thing! Where is my Aunt?" Mearu asked.
The little girl cocked her head. "No one was here when we came." She said.
"We? There is someone else." Mearu said.
"Yes, my older brother Eaoden. My name is Ides." The little girl said.
"But how could the house have been empty? My Aunt has lived here for a long time, her husband built this house." Mearu said, tears began to well in her eyes.

Little Ides shook her head. "No one was here, and we needed shelter from...." Ides broke off her sentence.
"The plague came to your family too?" Mearu asked.
Ides nodded her head, then suddenly a very tall boy walked into the room, he looked like he hadn't had a bath in months.
"Who are you?" He asked.
"She already asked me that!" Mearu shouted, now she was upset.

Then Mearu managed to calm herself a little.
"Can we stay here please? We have not caught the plague and we have some friends who are Elves. My Papa was attacked by some orcs and we need to let him rest in a safe place. This home used to belong to my Aunt, so we have a right to come in." Mearu said.
The boy nodded his head, then the group walked into the house.

When they went inside Mearu found a corner and began to weep, she had lost her aunt and uncle too? She hoped that they had moved and not been claimed by the plague.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email