Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
~Stella~
Elemmírë of Varda and Merry\'s Illustrated Supper
Send Message
Post The Road Goes Ever On
on: March 18, 2007 02:43
OOC: It is the year after the ring was destroyed and a year before Frodo sails west - so it's about 3020 I think. Frodo has the urge to take a journey along with his friends and the fellowship before sailing west, but along the way, the nice journey turns into something bad. I need Sam, Pippin, Aragorn, Arwen, Eowyn, Faramir, Gandalf, Gimli, Legolas, and Eomer. Did I forget anyone? I am Frodo and Merry. Please PM or post to join.

BIC:

Frodo Baggins of the Shire sat at his seat near the window. Laid out in front of him were large maps. His brown head was bowed and dark hair fell into his blue eyes, which were furrowed in complete concentration.

The sleeves of his cream-colored shirt were rolled up and his suspenders where hanging down.

Frodo chewed on a fingernail and turned his head to the side.

With a slender finger, Frodo Baggins traced a path from Hobbiton to Rivendell to Mirkwood and then finally Gondor, which he would stop in Rohan before traveling there.

“It should definitely be nice to see the world one last time,” he said, sighing heavily.

The hobbit stood. He pushed his wooden chair back and then pushed it in. Frodo Baggins rolled his map up and left it on the desk. He pulled his suspenders up and rolled his sleeves back down.

“I wonder where Sam is,” Frodo asked himself quietly. He cleared his throat and called, “Sam! Are you here Sam?”

Meanwhile, in Buckland, Merry was dozing under an oak. His breathing was slow and even. The day had been hard and long so far and it was hardly noon.

Everyone was coming to him with his or her problems. He was tired of hearing that so and so had stolen a bushel of apples. It was trying on the soul. “Oh, how I would like to get away,” he mumbled.

Merry fell deeper into his doze and he began to dream.

Coldness swept the land. In Merry’s hand, he held a sword. It dripped with blood. Pain radiated from his back as a fiend hit him. He went down. Coming up, he was in tattered clothes and shackled. He was in a line of hobbits. An orc loomed over them with a whip.

Merry woke with a start. He looked from side to side. His breath came out hard and fast. Sweat poured down his face.

OOC: Shall a big folk be around or who will visit? Will Merry’s dream come true? If so, what should be the evil that shall come?

[Edited on 19/3/2007 by ~Stella~]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Road Goes Ever On
on: March 18, 2007 03:05
ooc: i don't know, but a big person coming around might be good....I am Eowyn and Legolas and Pippin.

Bic: Pippin saw Merry suddenly wake up and he sighed in frustration. "I was planning on sneaking up on you just had to go and wake up, didn't you?" Pippin said.

Pippin sat down beside him and began to eat an apple.
"looks like you've seen a ghost. Something wrong?" Pippin asked between bites.

Meanwhile in Rohan, Eowyn was going to visit her brother.
She wanted to travel alone, even though Faramir had asked her to go with some guards, she would not.
"We'll be there soon enough. I hope Eomer is well." Eowyn whispered as she rode along.

And in Greenwood Prince Legolas was hunting with a group of Elves. Legolas enjoyed this hunting party but he felt something in the winds change, something would happen to him soon.
"Prince Legolas? Are we ready to cotinue?" One elf asked.
Legolas stirred from his thoughts.
"Yes, let's go." Legolas said, he mounted his horse and they rode off.

(I hope this is a good start)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
IlonaArdelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2007 05:49
((I decided to join this one, if you are alright with that. I would like to play Aragorn, by your leave.))

Aragorn paced around the throne room, something that usually drove Arwen crazy. It was fortunate that she was sleeping in her chambers, pregnant with their child as she was. She was growing increasingly irritable, in her quiet way.

He found it hard to stay while others fought, something that he was not yet accustomed to. There had been news of an orc uprising near the border, and he had sent his best men to meet the threat. It had been at least a week. They were due back any moment now, unless the skirmish had turned into something more serious.

It was because of this reason that when the messenger arrived at the door, with the doors flung open, that Aragorn strode over quickly. "What news do you bring me, Meliorn?"

Meliorn bowed curtly, then straightened. "We have received news that the party has returned, my Lord. They are resting in their barracks as the wounded pay visits to the Healers. They await your instructions, my Lord."

Aragorn slowly breathed out, and a sense of relief crossed his features. "Bid them rest until morning. Inform the captain of the guard to report to me of all that befell them in this endeavour tomorrow."

Meliorn bowed again, then swiveled, the doors clanging shut behind him. Aragorn sighed and made his way to the chambers, to watch over his beloved queen.
epic_rainstorm
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2007 07:42
((I would love to be Samwise. ))

A year had passed, and only now was Sam realizing that things could never really go back to the way they were. He wasn't the only one, however. Sam was almost positive that this three friends were also feeling the same way. They had tried to sink back into the Hobbit way of life, jolly and full of life. But each of them had been through things that no one around them could understand.

As Sam walked on the cobbled paths that wound in-between the hundreds of different hobbit houses - all he could think about was the change. Sighing deeply, and looking up at the noon sun Sam's feet led him to Frodo's house. How long the two had known each other, and how close they had become. And now...

"Mr. Frodo?" Sam called as he opened the door to Bad eng. At that exact time, Frodo had called out to him. Hurrying to his master's side Sam nodded feverously. "Yes Sir, I've only just arrived."
~Stella~
Send Message
on: April 07, 2007 08:23
OOC: Welcome all. Please, detail your posts, like where to Pippin get the apple? They’re under an oak tree. Where are his bags as well? Buckland & Tuckborough are at least a day apart, but I think more. What shall happen along the way? Any ideas do you all have. We need something a little different from usual I do believe.

BIC: The hobbit rocked slightly. His honey locks shimmered in the noon’s sun. The hobbit held his hands together. He pressed tightly until his knuckles were as pale as his face. Meriadoc Brandybuck looked at his younger cousin, Peregrin Took. As Pippin at the apple, Merry’s stomach churned slightly. He had not eaten a bite all day – too preoccupied and busy to stop for any length of time to enjoy a bite of food. However, now any of the hunger he might have felt was replaced with looming dread.

“Peregrin Took,” he said in mock anger, “Why for thou not have written me to let me know that I should have the pleasure of having you as a guest? Ye have no room at the moment, at least one that has not been properly prepared to have any friend to stay in.” Meriadoc Brandybuck sighed and stopped talking. His voice was shaking.

The hobbit shook his head. He closed his hazel eyes and squeezed them as tight as he could. Then, Meriadoc opened them. He wished desperately to rid his memories of the horrible dream. “Well, Pippin, there is not anything wrong yet. However, I do fear that something bad is about ready to happen,” Merry said as calmly as he could.

Reaching into his linen breaches, he pulled out a white handkerchief trimmed in red stitching. Wiping his sweaty brow, Meriadoc placed it back into the pocket where he had just retrieved it. “I dreamt of battle. However, it was unlike the War of the Ring. It was fought here and this time, we do not win. The citizens of the Shire are enslaved. They are chained together in a work line and whipped. At least that was how it came about in my dream.” Merry paused and chewed on his lip.

Meriadoc did not speak for the longest of times. When he did, it was low and solemn; almost as if he were speaking to himself and not to Peregrin. “Cousin Frodo once told me about his private time in Lothlorien. Most of his information was of just idle times spent in the massive libraries, however once Frodo and Samwise were called by the Lady Galadriel to look into her mirror. What Frodo saw terrified him greatly…troubled him in fact. I do not know if he even told Samwise about what he gazed upon.”

Merry shook his head half-heartedly and a strand of honey locks fell in front of his potato-shaped nose, however, he ignored it. “Anyways, what Frodo saw was the Shire enslaved including Samwise, you and myself. Lady Galadriel said to Frodo that this would pass if he did not destroy the ring. However, what if…” Meriadoc stopped. He could not say what he had thought. Lightly, his ears turn the palest shade of pink.

Meanwhile, back in the comfortable hobbit hole of Bagend, Frodo Baggins stepped back slightly. His wide blue eyes were wider than usual. “Oh, Sam,” he said, “I thought that thee were here. Silly me...” Frodo laughed weakly. “I think I am turning more and more like Uncle Bilbo as the days and weeks past.” Frodo smiled weakly. “Come. I have something to show you Samwise. I think it is time to reveal the plans that I have been keeping quite secret. Do you not think?”

In the castle of Gondor where King Aragorn and Queen Arwen, Gandalf the White sat at the long dining table with a mug of tea in his hands. With a curious look raising and lowering his bushy eyebrows, he watched the king pace back and fourth. “Perhaps it would be best if you sat down for a short while, Aragorn. You have been pacing for nary an hour,” Gandalf advised, “Besides, pacing will neither help the small pockets of battles nor get you any closer to any one of them.”

Gandalf the White watched Meliorn. He sighed and mumbled under his breath about nothing in particular. Gandalf the White stood and followed Aragorn out of the throne room. “Aragorn, do not despair. We knew that this would come to pass,” he said, “Now, I do have some good news I do believe.” He smiled wisely. “Ainathang my moth friend has informed me that a particular hobbit will be visiting us in the coming time.” Gandalf touched his nose. “It seems he has been hiding this news from everyone around him, but he cannot hide so easily from I. I promised Bilbo Baggins that I would keep an eye or two on him. I never said how.”

Sahura
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2007 11:29
OOC: Greetings, all! I am Athemar, and I will be your beloved villain for this flight. My character profile may be found here: Athemar

BIC:

Athemar lounged placidly against a rowan tree, gazing down at the river.
The sun shone brightly, the birds sang, and trout splashed happily in the clear waters. Athemar inhaled the delicious smell of wild tarragon on the breeze. He smiled. There was nothing to suggest anything bad had ever happened here. But something had. Something monumental had once occured by this very tree.

Two years after the dawn of the third age, a man had travelled near here with a small band of companions. On a chain, around his neck, dangled a slim golden band. Every once in a while, he would remove his eyes from the path ahead, and stroke the ring tenderly, ignoring all else around him. If he hadn't been so distracted, he might have been better prepared for what was to befall him and his companions.

Athemar laughed lightly under his breath as he imagined the day.

As Isildur was staring hungrily at the limitless power that hung so innocently against his breastplate, all the party's horses began to whinny in terror, their hooves dancing, and even starting to bolt.
The cause for their terror was not long in appearance. A band of 12 goblins came from their various hiding places, behind trees, or in long grass. Their chipped, rotting teeth bared in grins, for their prey was surrounded and without escape.

Athemar again laughed. Oh, the foolishness of Isildur! The ring had no loyalty for him, why should he have expected that it would save him?

As he was thus musing, a goblin in full armor, carrying a barbed spear approached him. He paused a few feet away, removed his helmet, and bowed.
"You summoned me, Master?" he asked in his grating, rough voice.
"I did indeed." Athemar replied, not turning to look at the creature. "I wish for an update. Are your people ready to move?"
"We have almost made enough armor to clothe us all," the goblin said. There was an air in his voice that suggested he thought armor unnecessary.
"Have you something else you wish to discuss?" Athemar asked, detecting this in the goblin's voice.
"Well," the goblin said, and there was somewhat of a sneer in his voice now, "why do we really need armor? Weapons, I can see the point of. But these folk don't have any weapons except the occasional pitch fork. Why should we be worried? Any that gets hurt by halfings deserves it."
Athemar's eyes snapped to stare into the beast's. "Really, I knew that goblins were rather dimwitted, but you have truly surprised me now. Have you never heard that Hobbits are famous stone throwers?" he chuckled. "They use the common river stone like other races use arrows." He sighed. "Is that all?"
The goblin bowed. "Yes, Sir. Our people have two hundred more breastplates and helmets to make. By the time I get back, they should be done."
"Excellent. You may go." The goblin bowed once more, and scampered away back toward the towering Misty Mountains.
Good, thought Athemar. Everything is right on schedule.

[Edited on 7/4/2007 by Sahura]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2007 05:59
Pippin listened to what his friend had to say and smiled.
"If you be hungry Meriadoc, then I could give you one of the many apples I packed for my journey here. You can never have too many apples you know." Pippin said with a smile as he started to reach into his pack for another apple.

He stared at his bag in surprise, there was no apples left, only apple cores. "Hmmm, seems as if I've eaten them all. Sorry Merry." Pippin said, although it was easy to see he wasn't sorry.
Pippin sighed and leaned against the tree again when Merry said something was going to happen again.
"Another adventure? I suppose I could be ready for one." Pippin whispered.

Pippin went quiet when Merry spoke of the dream and Frodo and what he had seen. "What is going to happen to us Merry? Are we going to...." Pippin couldn't say anymore.
He felt nervous and he shuddered at the thought.
What if they would be enslaved anyway? The thought kept going through Peregrin's mind.
-----
Eowyn had at last arrived in Rohan. She dismounted her steed and walked into Meduseld. When she saw her brother she smiled and ran into his arms.
"It's been so long since I've last been here, it seems. How have things been?" Eowyn asked.

Then her smiled turned into a frown. "I'm afraid that things have not been so well in Gondor. There have been threats of attacks and things. Faramir fears that something is stirring, evil is waking." Eowyn said, she looked down at her hands. A worried expression was on her face.
-----
Meanwhile in Greenwood Legolas was still hunting with his hunting party, they had not caught anything yet though.
But one of the elves could see that Legolas was not himself.
"My lord, is something wrong?" The elf asked.
"There is something, something in the wind. I cannot place it, but I fear it. I must return to my Father and tell him. Something is not right." Legolas said.

Then he turned his horse around and raced back to the Greenwood kingdom, he had to tell his Father what he felt.

(I wasn't sure if someone was playing Eomer, so I left him out of the conversation)

[Edited on 8/4/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2007 10:31
I think I may use Thoroniel if that is alright with you Stella. She is in the db if you wish to take a peek.

Thoroniel stared out at the vast trees and she sighed happily. It had changed and alrady it felt lighter in the forest. No longer Mirkwood, but a more fiting name, Eryn Lasgalen, yes much more pleasing and fitting for such a beautiful place. She walked forward a little way, then she simply dropped to the ground and sat there.

The sunlight hit the ground in a msall patch of golden light, hitting her hair and making it seem as if on fire. She stood and then stretched, her back straightening and muscles tightening under her dress. It was a dark russet with deep golden accents on it. Her cloak was clasped around her neck with her pin. She brushed her hair back, revealing for one second her pointed ears.

Her eyes went from happy to be any other place than where she came from to immidiate alarm, but it passed. She had heard soemone coming and it startled her, but she deemed them without a threat to her, choosing to loosen her grip on her sword. Her eyes swept lazily over the landscape and she suddenly wished for a panoramice view.

She climbed the nearest tree and her head poked through the canopy, taking in the air and sights. The forest was vast and stretched far on the land. She heard the people approaching where she was and she climbed down a short way, then dropped entirely to the forest floor, landing in a slightly crouched position to absorb the shock of landing. She took in the party and stared at them, her eyes sizing them up, then she flashed a small smile and bowed to them.

"Greetings," she said softly in her quiet tone," I am Thoroniel Elemor. I am here simply on visiting terms, wishing to see some of these lands that I have not yet observed in my long lifetime. Your forest is wondrous, and I am pleased to be able to see it myself before I leave these lands here for my home."

She looked up and hoped they would understand her. Her Elvish was accented differently and she had used many different words than the languages used by Elves in the recent times. Her eyes faltered when she saw that some looked confused and she cocked her head slightly, hoping deep inside that they would understand her, for she only knew Elvish and no westron, nor did she know any Elvish other than what she used.

One of them spoke quietly, and she could barely understand him, for his accent was very different and more crude, whereas hers was very pronounced and flowed as the water does; freely and beautifully. Her face held the light of Valinor, but it was faint fro mall the years she spent on Middle Earth, it was bright, but her eyes were deep and held much knowledge and hidden torment and pain from the years she had seen.

She noticed that they were dressed enitrely in green and brown hues, she suddenly felt out of place among them. SHe held her head high and stetched, her arms reaching skyward, her muscles tightening on her arms and her skin was pulled over the bones. She smiled faintly to herself as she thought of the last time she had actually eaten.

A week and three days, she thoguht wryly. thoroniel shook her head and sighed, her body sagging slightly. She felt exhausted from her trek here from Harad and her body had paid dearly for it. She swayed and righted herself, but nearly fell. SHe cursed silently at the fatigue trying to rule her and ignored it, pushing it out of her head.
epic_rainstorm
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2007 02:29
Sam's smile grew as he heard his master speak, and gave a light laugh when he heard him mention Bilbo.

"I don't think that would be too much of a bad thing, Mr. Frodo. Turning into Bilbo and all."

And then Sam's facial expression changed. Frodo had been acting, well, like Bilbo before he left bag-end for Rivendell. It was true, and Sam couldn't have been helped from thinking about his master's wandering brain for the last few weeks. But it had never been Sam's place to spy, and inspect his master's things. However, it was good to finally be in on Frodo's plans. His trademark smile slowly came back to the surface as he continued to nod, now very eager to find out.

"Oh yes, Mr. Frodo. Time, indeed." He said, trying to hide the eagerness in his voice, but failing terribly.

With that he prepared himself for just about anything. Frodo was a hobbit, of course. But he was an unusual one. Always up for adventure and quite keen on getting in trouble. It kept Samwise on his toes, that was for sure. Anyway, Sam made a promise to himself that he would follow Mr. Frodo into any strange plan, or distant adventure he had all planned. After all, he had promised Gandalf a long time ago that he would keep track of Frodo - and he had no intention of breaking that promise. Not even now, after it was all said and done with.

(sorry about the delay...)

[Edited on 10/4/2007 by epic_rainstorm]
IlonaArdelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2007 03:45
Gandalf the White stood and followed Aragorn out of the throne room. “Aragorn, do not despair. We knew that this would come to pass,” he said, “Now, I do have some good news I do believe.” He smiled wisely. “Ainathang my moth friend has informed me that a particular hobbit will be visiting us in the coming time.” Gandalf touched his nose. “It seems he has been hiding this news from everyone around him, but he cannot hide so easily from I. I promised Bilbo Baggins that I would keep an eye or two on him. I never said how.”

Aragorn turned to his friend Gandalf and clasped his shoulder, a small grin on his face. "Hannon le, mellon nin (thank you, my friend)."

"I fear for the safety of Arda, at this crucial time. The arrangements for Frodo's departure...I do not feel at ease." Aragorn frowned.

"I am afraid that there is much ranger in me still. I long to escort Frodo myself, in his journey here. Perhaps I can send some men to aid him?" Aragorn looked to Gandalf.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: April 13, 2007 03:01
“Nay,” Merry croaked. His voice was hoarse and shook. “I would not like an apple. I find that me appetite has vanished right at this time,” the hobbit said to Peregrin. He was aware of Pippin looking for apples and barely heard him say that he had eaten them all.

“Tis all right,” he said absently. Meriadoc was not paying attention to anything Pippin was saying. He was too preoccupied to pay much attention.

“I am not sure that I am prepared for another adventure so soon. However, it would be nice to get away from Buckland. Everyone seems to now have terrible problems that they force me to deal with immediately,” he said with a sigh.

Running a hand through his mass of honey brown locks and pressed his head to the trunk of the oak tree. His eyes were distant and a look of worry was in his eyes. “I don’t know,” was all that Meriadoc could muster to say, “I don’t know.” He shook his head.

Back at Bagend, Frodo Baggins stared eagerly at Samwise Gamgee. “I would certainly prefer to become a Bilbo Baggins sort of hobbit than a Lobelia Sackville-Baggins,” Frodo declared with a wink.

A look of worry creased Frodo Baggins’ forehead when the look on Sam’s face suddenly changed. “Are you faring well, Samwise,” he asked, cocking his head to one side, “You do not look well.”

When Sam spoke, Frodo heard a distinct tone of hobbit eagerness in his voice. “Come to my study,” Frodo said, heading back into the room he had just left. Frodo Baggins reached for the maps he had been looking at moments before. He rolled them out.

A distinct red line ran throughout the map. It was a path that started in Hobbiton, went to Buckland, then up to Rivendell, then across the mountain ranges to Mirkwood and then down to Rohan and finally Gondor.

“I have been thinking, Sam. It is time for us to go on a journey. It has been so long since we saw any of the fellowship. I do hope that Gimli is still visiting Mirkwood.”

Far off in Gondor, Gandalf laughed. “We all can use some good news now and then, can we not,” Gandalf replied with a nod and a wink. He furrowed his brow.

“Now that is news. I have heard no word of his plans to leave this world just yet. I think we might have some time before then. The west is not calling me yet, Aragorn. When it does, that is when Frodo will be leaving, as well I. We have time for Arda to calm down,” he assured his friend.

The wizard shook his head. “Nay, you cannot escort him nor can you send aid. We are not to know that he plans this journey. He longs to surprise us. You should know hobbits, Aragorn, or perhaps I know them too well, but they do enjoy surprising their comrades,” Gandalf explained, “It is his surprise. He has made far worse of journeys.”

legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2007 05:27
(ooc: I'll take Arwen)
Arwen opened her eyes lightly and smiled at Aragorn as he stood in the doorway. “In here again? I’m not a leaf that will float a way on the next breeze. I can take care of myself for a few moments.”

Her face fell slightly when Gandalf mentioned the west. She had long ago made her choice and, though she did not regret it, she often wondered what would have been. She missed her father and her people and knew she was one of the few that remained in Middle-Earth.

She smiled softly. “Frodo will make it here safely. He’s a strong hobbit, he’s traveled farther on more dangerous missions. Wait to worry about him when he arrives.” She stood up and straightened out her dress. “I need to stretch my legs, perhaps get a bite to eat. I’ll be back in a few moments. No need to follow me,” she said with a grin. She walked over towards the doorway with one last smile to Aragorn, and quietly left the room.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2007 08:39
(Elfalas, I'm wondering if you are talking about Legolas and his hunting party? I'll post it that way but if thats not it I can change it)

The hunting party watched the maiden, they wondered why she was here, but they didn't think she meant any harm.
She spoke a different form of Elvish, which was hard for them to understand.
"If onyl Prince Legolas had not left as he did. He might be able to help her." One elf whispered to his friend.

Legolas stopped his horse at the entrance to the caves.
He ran inside and went to King Thranduil.
"Father, danger is nigh. I can feel it's coming." Legolas said, he took deep breaths.
------
Pippin sat quietly, sinking into his thoughts. Merry couldn't figure out what was going to happen and he seemed very far off, Pippin thought.
"I'm sure we'll be alright Merry." Pippin said, trying to cheer him up.
-------
Eowyn sat in her room. She was thinking of the evil that seemed to threaten them with dark clouds. She felt worried, what if danger was coming and they would be thrust into war again?
Eowyn had no wish to go back into battle, she was happy.
She didn't want Faramir to go and fight or Eomer, and she didn't want to have to choose who she would fight beside if it did come to war.

"But I do wonder what evil grows in the mountains. And who will lead them this time?" Eowyn said aloud as she watched the sky.
Sahura
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2007 12:09
The answer to the distant Lady Eowyn's question was gathered beneath the root of the mountains.

Goblins. Thousands and thousands of goblins, a filthy rabble assembled in the once great halls of Moria. The torches that most carried did little to abate the crushing darkness that threatened to swallow all of them, army and master, whole.
At this moment, Athemar stood atop a great stone platform, facing his troops. The creatures twittered, howled, and cursed, in typical goblin conversation.

Silence. The command entered each present mind, not bothering to take the normal trek through the ears. The rabble fell silent, looking up at their leader in eager, yet nervous anticipation.

"Goblins of Moria," Athemar called. "Lords of the Misty Mountains!" In response rose a cheer from the general assembly. Athemar silenced it with a raised hand. "Long have you dwelt here, in the former kingdom of the dwarves. No power has been able to crush you. In this, take pride." The goblins banged their appreciation on their shields. "And yet," Athemar continued, and the creatures fell silent again, "you have lived only here. Why? Because you were denied. Denied, by men. Denied, by elves. Denied access to the fertile lands that you deserve. Right now, you should be eating the fat of the land, but instead, have been made to retreat, cowering into the endless dark of Moria." There was a hiss. He had them thus far. "You deserve much better!" There was a deafening roar of ascent. "You have conquered the dwarves. Well done, but you can do even better." He smiled, and shouted loudly, "How would you like to eat man-flesh as often as you eat bats?" The noise rose to a terrible din, goblins pounding on their shields, goblins shouting, howling, and stamping their feet.

Silence, Athemar ordered again. It took a little longer this time, but he was obeyed, as always. "I know you would," he continued with a laugh. "I know. But I have something even better. I am told that they have the same type of flavor, but are much more tender and sweet. Have your memories retained yet what they are?"

"HOBBITS!" the assembly cried, more or less in unison.

"And where do we get these hobbits?"

"THE SHIRE!"

Athemar smiled. They had remembered well. "The Shire is one of the most fertile places in Middle Earth. We would greatly benefit if the hobbits were enslaved to work their land for us. In a way, we could even farm them the way others farm cattle.

"And this can all be easily done. The elves have more or less left Middle Earth, and the realms of men are too far away to effectively challenge us.

"I have recently learned," Athemar said, beginning to walk a track across the stage, "that all of our weaponry and armor is completed. All of our warriors are fitted and ready to go," he turned, and went back in the other direction, "or should be." The goblins watched him transfixed. "Now, go. Gather your provisions. Anyone of your number who is not prepared by daybreak may be eaten." Athemar turned, and left the platform.

Slowly, the army dissapated in random directions. It was about twenty minutes before the room had cleared. Finally, all but Athemar's generals remained. He called them all together in a group. There were about twenty of them.

"Remember," Athemar told them. "I will be riding ahead of you to spy out the land. They have no defenses to speak of, but it would prove advantageous nonetheless. When I am ready for you to move in, I will place it in your mind." He dismissed them with a wave of his hand, and they scampered off.

"Hirgon," he called. His guide, another goblin, galloped through a nearby doorway. "I am ready to depart. Do we have a camp set up on the western side of the mountains?"

"Yes, master." Hirgon replied. "Your horse and battlery have been taken there already."

"Good." Athemar replied.

The two of them set off to find one of the many secondary entrances to the mine, as the primary one had been smashed years earlier.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2007 12:17
(your right, Thoroniel is in front of Legolas' scouting party)

Thoroniel stared at them, her deep green eyes taking each Elf in, observing their eyes and their movements. She then felt something on the air, it reminded her of the feeling she had gotten when the Noldor had attacked them on the shore in Valinor.

"If you could point me in the direction of safety, I would much appriciate it. It feels wrong, like their is evil making its way to us. We need to leave here, the air is tainted with ill feelings and foul presences," she said urgently.

She did not know how to make them understand her, she knew her accent was different. The nshe realized that they most likely did not speak the older Elvish. She cursed herself and wished that Sirioldad had come with her, he knew the common tongue. She rsolved to try the grey tongue, hoping it would be understood.

"If you could point me in the direction of safety, I would much appriciate it. It feels wrong, like their is evil making its way to us. We need to leave here, the air is tainted with ill feelings and foul presences," she repeated urgently, her voice low with foreboding.

She hoped they would understand her this time. Her accent was still different, but she was using the more widely known Elvish now and she hoped they could understand her. She looked around now, her eyes widening, her hand on her sword. She felt as if she were being watched and it made her skin prick with vulnerability to attack.

"We need to go now, we cannot linger here. Something draws night upon us, and we need to hasten to better protected. The air is filled with foulness and ill ease for me. Trust me, I know what it is like, for I have walked for many years under these skies, and others which no longer exist, as well as I have walked on lands that shunned my kin when we arrived here, and lands that are flooded and unable to be rcovered," she said quietly and bitterly.

Her eyes turned upon the Elvs in front of her and she walked toward them, waiting to see if they would understand the urgency they were left with, and what she felt inside her. Thoroniel sighed and leaned against a tree, which she heard protest agaisnt her. She stood upright, placing a hand on its trunk.

She removed it and walked toward the Elves further, until she was right in front of them. "we must go now, for we cannot tarry. It has been long enough and I need to speak with you king, lord, whomever watches over these lands and leads yourselves," she said softly.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2007 12:40
The elves did understand her now and nodded.
"Let us go then, we shall lead you." One elf said, then they turned their horses and road ahead.

When they came to the palace they led Thoroniel to see the King, Prince Legolas was there still.
"My King and Prince, this lady has come to speak with you." The elf said, then he bowed again and left.

Legolas stood, he could see the urgency on her face.
"You feel it to. A great evil is drawing near." Legolas whispered.
--------
Eowyn stood and walked out of her room. She wandered through the halls she had been raised in. Eomer was busy working and discussing matters with some of his advisors so she was left alone.

Eowyn went outside and watched as dark clouds rolled closer evey second, it came from the direction of the mountains.
"What do you bring now great clouds?" Eowyn whispered.
--------
Pippin sat in silence for a time, then he sniffed the air, he could smell that it was going to rain soon.
"Maybe we should go to your house and rest. I think it might just rain." Pippin said as he stared up at the sky, it seemed to get darker as he spoke.

Then he stood up and grabbed his pack and slung it over his shoulder. "Well? Are you going to stay out here and get wet or come along to your house?" Pippin asked with a smile.
epic_rainstorm
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2007 04:38

Back at Bagend, Frodo Baggins stared eagerly at Samwise Gamgee. “I would certainly prefer to become a Bilbo Baggins sort of hobbit than a Lobelia Sackville-Baggins,” Frodo declared with a wink.

A look of worry creased Frodo Baggins’ forehead when the look on Sam’s face suddenly changed. “Are you faring well, Samwise,” he asked, cocking his head to one side, “You do not look well.”

When Sam spoke, Frodo heard a distinct tone of hobbit eagerness in his voice. “Come to my study,” Frodo said, heading back into the room he had just left. Frodo Baggins reached for the maps he had been looking at moments before. He rolled them out.

A distinct red line ran throughout the map. It was a path that started in Hobbiton, went to Buckland, then up to Rivendell, then across the mountain ranges to Mirkwood and then down to Rohan and finally Gondor.

“I have been thinking, Sam. It is time for us to go on a journey. It has been so long since we saw any of the fellowship. I do hope that Gimli is still visiting Mirkwood.”

He nodded half heartedly, and shrugged. Yes, he was quite alright. Just anxious is all. But he couldn't say that, not now. Not when he was so close to finding out Mr. Frodo's plans.

Smiling slightly, Sam searched Mr. Frodo's eyes. While he wasn't quite sure what he was looking for, Sam did find the same, farmiliar hobbit. For a while he just looked at his master, thinking. But Frodo's words jolted him from his, well, i guess you could call it thought.

Sam let out a real laugh, loud and clear. It was good to laugh. How often you can forget how good something feels, even after being deprived of it for a month or more. And the, Frodo said to follow him. Always one to obey, Sam did just that. But of couse... this time Samwise was also more than eager to find out exactly what Mr. Frodo had been planning.

Almost immedietly after entering the study of Bag End, Sam was confronted by tons and tons of maps. Nothing out of the ordinary, for Bilbo as well as Frodo had kept and made a large and proud collection.

Once Frodo pulled out a few maps, Sam knew his suspicions had been correct. But he gave no signs of knowlage, he let his master speak. However, it was hard for Sam to contain himself. A happy hobbit he was, and no mistake... but there was something about an adventure that was so unmistakably --fantastic. Especially if Mordor wasn't the final destination. Which, according to Frodo's map, it was not.

"That sounds like a brilliant idea Mr. Frodo. Infact, I was starting to wonder if you were planning something of this sort. It being such a long time since we've seen our friend's and all." He nodded, all excited now. "Oh, I hope so. Do you think we could get Pippin and Merry to come along?"

~Stella~
Send Message
on: April 15, 2007 03:53
Gandalf smiled at the pregnant Arwen. “Has he been, ah, taking care of you well,” Gandalf asked her. He looked at Aragorn. “Listen with your ears and not your mind, Aragorn,” Gandalf advised, “Frodo can take care of himself.”

The wizard smiled at Gandalf. “You worry too much. Worrying will have no place when any hobbit comes around you know that correct? You had best learn not to worry so much,” Gandalf said, patting Aragorn on the shoulder. “Come, let us go for a walk and maybe smoke some Olde Toby from Buckland. Fine stuff and a very good year this year has been.”

*~*~*

Merry nodded his head. “I hope,” Merry said. He did not wish for things to go worse when everything had calmed down finally.

Merry had started to doze. His head dropped to his chest. The hobbit had started to dream, but of what, he did not know. He jumped when Peregrin spoke.

Sleepily, he looked at Pippin and then the sky. A big, fat drop fell onto his nose. “Aye, let’s go inside,” he said. Merry stood and raced towards his home. By the time he reached his hobbit hole, he was soaked and shivering.

*~*~*

Frodo Baggins stared at his maps. A smile was on his face as well as longing. Weariness momentarily clouded his sight. It was nary time for the anniversary of his wound when he would become ill. However, the tiredness passed and the usual serene look replaced it.

Frodo cocked his head and wondered what was funny. “Did I amuse you Sam? If so, I would certainly like to know so that perhaps that I could have a good laugh as well,” Frodo said curiously.

“I do need to clean this up a bit, don’t I? It has become quite cluttered,” Frodo said. He nodded slightly. Then, the hobbit looked back to his maps.

“This is a grand adventure is it not? I have been carefully planning it. When it is all over, I hope that all of the fellowship, plus perhaps Lady Eowyn, Sire Eomer and Lord Faramir, will all march into Gondor all proud like. Oh, won’t that be grand, Samwise,” Frodo said. His voice was dreamy and happy sounding.

Frodo looked at Sam. He grinned. “You know me well,” he commented, “I shan’t go any farther than Buckland if we cannot. Peregrin should be arriving in Buckland at any time now for his visit.”

OOC: We need Aragorn. The person playing him has left the rp.

[Edited on 16/4/2007 by ~Stella~]
Sahura
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2007 10:48
OOC: Since you guys have so many characters to worry about already, with your permission, I'd be willing to take over his part.
UPDATE: I have recieved permission. I'll play Aragorn from here on.

IC:

Athemar smiled when he saw the quaint little camp. Most nobility, he knew, would have a fit at the sight of it. His horse, the latest in a long line, was tethered to a fallen log. There was a ring of stones, inside of which was nothing but charcoal. Unrolled a few feet away was a bedroll. There was no tent, as a tent would render hindrance should anything be foolish enough to attack him while he slept. It was simple, and unlikely to draw any attention. Best of all, it was light.

Athemar dismissed his guide with a wave of his hand. He changed from his lordly attire to some simple, worn travelling clothes. With every situation came the appropriate dress. It was important to appear impressive to his troops, but in the wilderness, it was an open invitation to highwaymen. Of course he could easily handle most thieves, but he didn't want to call attention to himself. All in all, it was less trouble to simply change.

~

Gandalf turned and spoke with a pleasant smile to Arwen. “Has he been, ah, taking care of you well?” he asked. Normally, Aragorn would have laughed, but he was so preoccupied he barely heard this friendly quip...

There was so much to worry about. What if something should waylay Frodo on the road? There were obvious reasons that even he knew he must acknowledge that kept him from providing personal escort. And then, the matter of Arda...

Gandalf seemed to know what was going on inside Aragorn's head, for he said, “Listen with your ears and not your mind, Aragorn,” Gandalf advised, “Frodo can take care of himself.”

"I know," Aragorn replied impatiently, pacing in his agitation. "But he's getting old, Gandalf. He's not quite as quick-footed as he used to be. He doesn't have the ring to restore his youth anymore, thank the Valar. All it takes is one orc we missed, and we might lose him forever..."

Gandalf smiled in response. “You worry too much. Worrying will have no place when any hobbit comes around you know that correct? You had best learn not to worry so much,” Gandalf said, patting Aragorn on the shoulder. Aragorn reluctantly relaxed a bit. Gandalf spoke again, this time succeeding in making Aragorn grin: “Come, let us go for a walk and maybe smoke some Olde Toby from Buckland. Fine stuff and a very good year this year has been.”

Aragorn laughed. "I have of late been dying for a good pipe of Olde Toby. You'd think, that when you have servants rushing around, crawling at your feet, fairly begging to place a cushioned stool beneath your feet, they'd let you step outside and smoke occasionally..." he laughed again, and headed for the outer door.

[Edited on 16/4/2007 by Sahura]

[Edited on 16/4/2007 by Sahura]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2007 11:58
When they came to Merry's house Pippin grabbed a extra pari of clothes he had stuffed into his pack and went to change out his soaking wet ones.
When he came back out he shook his head and water flew off his wet curls.

He raised an eyebrow when he saw Merry shivering.
"Maybe you need a bath to warm you up Merry. I nice hot bath. I'll go and fetch the water if you like." Pippin said, he wanted to cheer his cousin up a little.
------
Legolas paced back and forth in the throne room.
"I need to send word to Aragorn, and I must leave as soon as possible." Legolas finally said.
King Thranduil thought on this for a moment.
"That would be the best course of action, but what if we get attacked?" Thranduil pointed out.

"I will return as soon as I can. I will make sure guards are posted by all the possible entrances before I leave." Legolas said.
Thranduil nodded. "You must go then."
Legolas bowed and rushed out of the room, almost running into the maiden that had come in a while ago.

"I'm sorry, but I must go." Legolas said as he ran out.
Then he mounted his horse and gathered elves to him, he told them all what was going to happen in Elvish and they left with him to go to the borders.
Once everyone was set up where they had to be Legolas rode towards Minas Tirith with all haste.
-----------
Eowyn sat outside for a long time, watching the clouds.
Then Eomer came behind her and grabbed her shoulders, Eowyn jumped and glared at him, although she wasn't really angry.
"Why do you always come behind me like that?" Eowyn asked.

Eomer smiled. "No reason. Why have you been out here for so long, I fear it will rain soon." Eomer said.
Eowyn stared back at the clouds. "Those clouds do not only bring rain." Eowyn whispered.
Eomer looked down at the ground. "I fear the same thing." He whispered.

Eowyn turned to face him. "What do you think it is? The Uruk Hai were destroyed, so were most of the orcs in Mordor. What could be assailing us, or the lands around us, now?" Eowyn asked.
Eomer shrugged. "I'm not sure, but I plan on making it my business to know." Eomer said determindly.

"Don't do anything stupid, Eomer. I don't want a dead brother, and your people don't want a dead king." Eowyn said.
"You don't have to worry about me. I don't plan on out right attacking whatever this is until I know what it is." Eomer said. He smiled a little.

Eowyn hugged Eomer, then they both walked back to Meduseld.

(I hope you don't mind that I took Eomer, no one was playing him and Eowyn had no one to talk to)
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2007 02:28
Thoroniel reeled backward woth the force that Legolas had run into her with. She smiled and waved his apology away, listening to his words as well as his father's.

"My Lord, if I may ask, would you grant me a place in your amry here in these marvelous woods? I would be honoured to fight with such warriors as you have here, and it would please me to be able to fight once again.

My brother Sirioldad and I live in the Grey Havens and I fought some creatures in the north during the war, but nothing more. I also came to ask if perhaps you or anyone in your kingdom has seen him. He stands at my height, six feet even, he has blonde hair slightly darker than your son's, but not by much.

His eyes are a bright geen and he carries a fabulous sword, one that apparently belonged to our father. He trevelled this way and that is part of the reson I am here, to find him. He is sorely missed by many, and long sought for without luck, I was hoping to find him here," she finished quietly.

Her deep green eyes studied the king, the ndropped to the floor. Her accent was still ver different, and her Elvish was halted, for she was not used to speaking in their way of Elvish. She rubbed her forehead with her hand slowly, as if trying to rid herself of a headache. She sat down on a chair, sagging slightly in it.

"Forgive my rudeness my lord, but I am in need of a short reprieve in my travels. My feet have carried my body far and wide over Arda, and I must say my feet are sore from all my wandering. As long as I have been on these Lands, I still have not seen all that is to be seen here, only what is to be seen over the sea, and what is no longer able to be, for it is flooded.

I could rest in a room for a small while, I promise I shall be out of your halls and doing what you ask of me, for you have more than kind enough by letting me come in your splened halls," she said softly in her manner.

Thoroniel looked up, deep green eyes locked onto those of the king. Her red hair fell into her face and she brushed it back, for she never pulled it back rather letting it hang freely down her back.
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2007 03:30
Arwen walked down to the gardens, her favorite place on the palace grounds. It reminded her so much of Rivendell. She bit into an apple she had taken from the store room as she sat down on a stone bench and glanced about the flowers and flora. She closed her eyes and breathed in the perfumed air. She placed a hand on her stomach and remember the life inside of her. She was only a few months pregnant, though her stomach did protrude it was not very noticeable.

She heard a faint rustling from a bush and she instinctively reached her left boot, where she always had a hidden dagger. She breathed a sigh of relief when all that sprang out was a grey cat. She smiled towards it and patted the spot next to her and it jumped up, curling up beside her. She stroked it gently and listened to Gandalf and Aragorn, who were some distance away. She smiled, thankful she still retained excellent senses despite choosing mortality.

Her ears also picked up something else. A horse galloping bearing a light rider. It was too experienced and steady to be a child so it had to be...

“An elf,” Arwen mumbled, standing up quickly and hurrying towards Aragorn. “An elf-rider approaches,” she shouted once she was in Aragorn’s range of hearing. She stood next to him and waited for the rider to arrive.

(Yes, this is Legolas. If you don’t want Legolas to arrive so quickly, though, just tell me and I’ll edit it out)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2007 09:09
(thats fine with me)

Legolas rode into Minas Tirith quickly. He slowed his horse to a halt and jumped off. He made his way to Aragorn quickly.
He bowed. "King Aragorn trouble has been roused in the mountains. Danger is coming to our lands, I was sent to warn you." Legolas said urgently.
---------
Pippin sat down in a very comfortable chair and at that moment he realized how tired he really was.
Soon Pippin's head began to bob, then he was asleep.
-------
"Eomer! Please let me go with you, you can't go alone." Eowyn begged. Eomer looked back at her but continued walking.
"I will not be going alone, dear sister. I have my best riders going with me. All we are doing is checking the villages to be sure nothing is happening over there. I should be home soon." Eomer assured her.

Eowyn foled her arms across her chest, she glared at him.
"Why won't you ever let me join you? I came here to visit with you and now you're off to check some villages. I'm sure if there is no danger, as you say, then I will be perfectly safe going with you." Eowyn said.

Eomer sighed. "Alright, you can come. But you must be very careful, I have heard rumors of recent attacks, but they are far from here." Eomer warned.
Eowyn smiled and they both made their way to the stables.
----------
King Thranduil looked at the maiden. He nodded.
"We will give you a room to rest in, and we may need you to help fight with us yet, but I cannot say that I have seen your brother." King Thranduil said.

"When Legolas returns you can work with him on the coming battles, for he says that there are battles coming. Go and rest now, you must rest while you still can." Thranduil said.

[Edited on 20/4/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
Sahura
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2007 03:49
Aragorn froze in his tracks as Arwen appeared. She was still a good distance away, so she had to shout.

“An elf-rider approaches!" Aragorn looked in the indicated direction, and saw indeed that this was true. He felt Arwen join him, and squeezed her hand reassuringly. He squinted in the poor light. His eyes widened as he recognized the rider.
"Legolas, my friend!" Aragorn called as Legolas leapt off his horse.

But, it appeared that this was a formal occasion. Casualty of being king, one of his dearest friends bowed before him. "King Aragorn," he said quickly, "trouble has been roused in the mountains. Danger is coming to our lands, I was sent to warn you."

"Danger," Aragorn asked. "Legolas, what is this?" He put his hands on his friend's shoulders. "What approaches, mellon nin?" he asked, with a penetrating look into Legolas' eyes. He turned back, and called to Gandalf, "Gandalf, come here. You need to hear this as much as I."

[Edited on 21/4/2007 by Sahura]
epic_rainstorm
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2007 06:35
Frodo Baggins stared at his maps. A smile was on his face as well as longing. Weariness momentarily clouded his sight. It was nary time for the anniversary of his wound when he would become ill. However, the tiredness passed and the usual serene look replaced it.

Frodo cocked his head and wondered what was funny. “Did I amuse you Sam? If so, I would certainly like to know so that perhaps that I could have a good laugh as well,” Frodo said curiously.

“I do need to clean this up a bit, don’t I? It has become quite cluttered,” Frodo said. He nodded slightly. Then, the hobbit looked back to his maps.

“This is a grand adventure is it not? I have been carefully planning it. When it is all over, I hope that all of the fellowship, plus perhaps Lady Eowyn, Sire Eomer and Lord Faramir, will all march into Gondor all proud like. Oh, won’t that be grand, Samwise,” Frodo said. His voice was dreamy and happy sounding.

Frodo looked at Sam. He grinned. “You know me well,” he commented, “I shan’t go any farther than Buckland if we cannot. Peregrin should be arriving in Buckland at any time now for his visit.”

"Oh nothing Mr. Frodo. It's just as I said, I thought you had been up to something. And with the invitation to your study, well it all became rather obvious sir."

In his face you could see a mixture of embarrassment and utter happiness. At this point Sam took a better look at the map Mr. Frodo had been plotting on. What an adventure it would be! Several things they had seen before, and many Samwise himself had not. It is a wonderful thing, he thought, that they would have one last chance to go on an adventure for pleasure, instead of a serious mission. A wonderful thing.

Sam let his head fall into a light nod as Frodo commented on the vastness and how grand it would be. And it would, Samwise had no doubt. With Frodo by his side, and chances to stop and cook some proper meals... it was already sounding too good to be true.

"Yes! It will be splendid to see them all again, especially those from Rohan. I would enjoy getting to know them better, especially Lord Faramire." Here Sam paused for a moment, remembering their encounter with him -- he was a good man. Full of fine qualities and kingly characteristics. "Grand, yes Mr. Frodo. Just grand." Here Sam's smile was wider and brighter than it had been all day. He could hardly wait!

It was more than good news to hear that they would meet up with Merry and Pippin in Buckland. Those two would make the adventure even better than previously imagined.

Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2007 08:06
Thoroniel bowed to Thranduil and and then curtsied also.

"Thank you, my lord. I am in your debt, for you have been most gracious to me and I shall tell my brother if I do see him again that you are indeed very kind," she said softly in her strangely accented Elvish.

She forgot that none of the Elves understood the Elvish she spoke, so she said it again in the more common Elvish tongue so he would understand. She then turned to leave, led away by another Elf who showed her the room she could rest in. She felt herself sigh in relief when she saw a real bed and she collapsed on it, praising the gods and thankng them endlessly in her language, the words flying so fast that she herself could barely understand what she said.

Her face buried into a pillow and she fell asleep, her dreams filled with forboding and terror. SHe woke with a start, nearly falling from the bed. Her face was crossed with confusion, wondering what had woken her so suddenly.

"Well, I suppose a quick walk would do no harm, as long as I stay within the halls and not go outside, the Prince seemed awfully upset. I feel the same way, I must admit," she said to herself. Her pack was in the corner and she saw her weapons there also.

She walked out, pacing in hte halls as a restless hound in a cage. Her brow furrowed in thought and worry, she did not see the Elf she ran into.

"Oh, forgive me, but I was not watching as to where I was going, forgive me. I shall keep my thoughts on the path in the future," she apologized in the Elvish much of the Elves did not understand, so she said it again in their Elvish.

"Tis alright, none were harmed, nor were they injured or killed,so all is well. Just do as you said and keep your mind on the path," a familiar voice said. She looked up into bright green eyes. HErs widened in suprise and shock.

"What are you doing here? I have seen hide nor hair for nearly eighty years! I have searched far and wide, combed through forests, hiked mountains, even went so far as to go in this land called Harad, which was horrid. How did you get here," she asked bewilderedly of her brother.

Sirioldad smiled and hugged her. "I actually followed you here, sister. You need to quit loosing yourself in thought, it shall kill you one day. But come now, we have much to discuss and not much time to do it in. I will follow to where you are staying and we shall talk there, "he said, taking charge of her. She led him there and the two sat on the bed, talking into the wee hours of the morning. His tale was sad and long, full of danger.

Thoroniel was suprised he had done so much in the years he had left. "I simply wished to see more, and do my part in the trechury that had fallen onto the lands far and wide in Arda," he told her.

They sat and talked until they heard Elves moving around outside the door. He got up and offered his hand to her, then the two walked out to find Thranduil and ask him what he wished for them to do, if anything.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2007 09:24
Legolas waited until Gandalf was present, then he began to speak. "I fear goblins have been awakened in the mountains. I do not know who has awakened them or for what reason, but they are planning something and I want everyone to be prepared for whatever will happen. Goblins are a force that we often think little of." Legolas explained.

"But I fear that these goblins will be great, for someone with an amazing amount of strength and courage would only be able to rouse them." Legolas finished.
---------------
Eowyn and Eomer and his best riders rode out to some of the neighboring villages to warn them of something that might come and to check and see how they were faring.

By the time they had come to the first village a great thunder storm had begun so the riders stayed at the village.
Eowyn looked out the window of the inn. Thoughts forboding danger flowed into her mind, she remembered a storm just like this one a long time ago, during the Battle of Helm's Deep.

Eowyn shuddered, and Eomer came over and put his arm around her shoulders. "Are you alright?" Eomer asked.
"Fine." Eowyn answered. Eomer squeezed her shoulders.
"I know this reminds you of that storm, the one during the terrible battle. Do not fear, dear sister. Everything will be fine." Eomer reassured her.
----------
Thunder rolled in the skies, Pippin looked up at a great dark mass that seemed to draw nearer and nearer. Fear gripped Pippin's heart, he could not move.
Then someone grabbed his shoulder, lightning lit up the night and Pippin saw the face of an orc, the one that had tried to eat them when they were Uruk Hai captives.
Pippin tried to pull free but the orc's grip became tighter.
Pippin yelped.

Then Pippin woke, he could barely remember falling asleep.
"What a terrible dream. I have not had a nightmare like that for the longest time." Pippin said, he rubbed the shoulder that had been gripped by the orc in his dream.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 23, 2007 10:21
(Hello, all! I shall be playing Gimli.)

Golden beams of sunlight penetrated through the canopies of the many oaks and beeches that made up the forest of Eryn Lasgalen (Mirkwood as it was called after the War), casting dapple shadows on the forest ground below. The crunching of dry loam attracted the attention of small animals, and, if they had cared to pay attention to what was causing the disturbance to their home, they would have seen a rather comical sight. Mounted upon a shaggy brown pony (reminiscent of the ponies found around Bree) was a squat figure with scraggly dun-colored hair. His facial hair hid most of his face so that only intelligent brown eyes and fleshy lips could be seen. He had the air of one who would rather be on the ground than on the back of a pony; such was evident in the way he clung to the reins as if they were a lifeline rather than a guiding aid. But the pony, seemingly more clever than his rider, knew his way around the forest fairly well and meandered his way on the trail that he could only see. The figure on his back, clad in a brown tunic and breeches of a lighter tone with a well-made grey cloak clasped at the throat by an emerald-and-silver leaf brooch, muttered curses to himself as the pony trod placidly onwards, towards a destination known only to him.

“There was no reason for me to leave Erebor,” Gimli murmured in his low gruff voice, his hand unconsciously clenching his pony’s mane. “None at all. But of course, the bloody elf tells me that Frodo intends to make a journey to Gondor. No matter that I was in the middle of a perfectly nice pipe. The consideration of folk these days.” He shook his shaggy head in sorrow. “It is little wonder dwarves keep to themselves, eh Bristle?” Gimli stroked the pony’s mane. The little Bristle was as shaggy as his master, hence the fitting name.

The journey west to Eryn Lasgalen from Erebor had been uneventful and quite lonesome for Gimli (though he would never admit it). He had missed the company of the Nine, especially the hobbits and Legolas (again, he would never admit that he missed the elf, not to his face). It had been a long year since the coronation of Aragorn and Arwen, and the dwarf had scarce heard any news about his old comrades-in-arms and friends. He had heard tell of Arwen’s forthcoming childbirth, the journey Frodo might make (with the others? he didn’t know), as well as rumors of evil. But Gimli dispelled the last rumor (somewhat reluctantly, he always liked a bit of action) since peace had just been obtained, and he couldn’t see how it would regroup so quickly.

About a month or so back, Legolas had invited Gimli from his mountainous home to Eryn Lasgalen for a reunion with his old friend. Gimli had accepted, albeit slowly, for he had wanted peace to himself. But in the end, longing for companionship won out. And so, mounted on his little pony (which he had bought on his way back to Erebor), the dwarf had set out. He had with him his beloved axe, honed to a hairsplitting-sharp edge, as well as a dagger set with a jet pommel stone. His horsemanship had improved so now he could sit on Bristle at a full gallop (which was comparable to a horse’s slow canter), and he had some confidence in his ability.

Bristle halted and sniffed the ground, pawing the loam for acorns. Gimli kicked the pony’s flanks and cried, “Onward now, you brute! We rested nigh two hours ago. Ye can’t be that tired.” Bristle ignored the dwarf and picked up an acorn he found in his velvety lips.

Angered, Gimli dismounted and pulled up Bristle’s head. “Come now, ye demon. I will not have ye bein’ lazy, not when we are so close. If ye won’t let me ride, then I shall lead ye.” The short figure, not much higher than Bristle’s withers, took the reins and began to walk down the trail) having discerned some pattern among the fallen leaves and brush. But the stubborn pony wouldn’t budge. Still chewing his acorn, his doe eyes met Gimli’s calmly, and he planted his front hooves on the path.

Gimli pulled gently, then slightly more insistently to make Bristle move. But he was getting nowhere. “Bristle, ye can move your arse faster when there is an apple at stake, but not for the love of me. Why is that?” In answer, Gimli received spittle-laden pieces of acorn in his face.

Wiping his face roughly, his temper increased. “Alright, there is no getting around it. Ye are movin’ if it is the last thing ye do in yer miserable life.”

Walking around Bristle, Gimli got behind the pony and pushed against his hindquarters. Bristle remained put. He swished his tail in the dwarf’s face and sidestepped, causing Gimli to fall forward. Gimli picked himself up, cursed mightily, and said, “Fine. If ye want to stay here and be eaten by the spiders, then be my guest. I’d be better off with a Warg then the likes of ye anyway.”

He began to walk away from the pony when he heard the sound of hoofbeats behind him. Sneaking a glance sideways, Gimli saw Bristle following him. Gimli continued to move forward, his pony matching his steps. Eventually, the dwarf stopped, and Bristle nudged his back. Gimli turned, and Bristle remained where he was, seemingly apologetic.

Gimli’s beard hid a smile as he said with a chuckle, “Ye can do no wrong, can ye?” He patted the pony’s forelock. He went to the saddle and hauled himself up on Bristle’s back. “Alright now, let us find that bloody Legolas and see what it is he wants.” The pair moved amiably along, unaware that Legolas had left some days prior.

(I thought that Gimli could be mistaken for now, but come to Minas Tirith sometime later. He could have his own journey there, unless anyone else has some other plans.)
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2007 04:33
Arwen shook her head in disbelief. “With all due respect, how can that be true? Frodo destroyed the ring and with it, all evil. Who is left to be their leader? Sauron, Saruman, even Grima have all been killed.” She subtly glanced about the horizon, trying to imagine the serene landscape turning into a battlefield again. She shook her head, “I’m sorry, but I can’t believe it.” She turned towards Gandalf, awaiting his answer.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: April 24, 2007 09:29
“Aragorn,” Gandalf said, looking upon his friend of old, “You need to let her be at times. She is several hundred years older than you. I believe that the lady Arwen can take care of herself.” Gandalf winked at Arwen and then at Aragorn.

“I command that you come and leave her be,” Gandalf said. His voice was firm and commanding. Placing an old hand upon the kings’ shoulder, he steered Aragorn away from the room and out of the castle. “Now, I do not want you worrying over him, Elessar. He is a fully-grown hobbit with the best of hobbit sense. He traveled to Mordor and back and survived,” Gandalf retorted, “You know that Samwise will be traveling with him as well. That, I am guessing, but it is a sure bet.”

Gandalf shook his head. “I have learned long ago not to worry about hobbits. Even during the war of the ring, I worried naught of Frodo,” Gandalf said. He smiled and breathed in deeply. In the light breeze, Gandalf could smell the flowers.

Gandalf took out his pouch of tobacco and pipe. “This is not like the Olde Toby grown in these areas, I will warn you. It is much more fragrant and stronger,” he said, pinching a bit out of the leather bag and tampered it into his pipe. Taking his flints from his pocket, he struck them together near the tobacco and lit it. He puffed in some smoke and blew out a square ring.

~*~*~

Merry nodded his head slightly. He was cold and scared and in shock. “I think I will go take a bath,” he said, “No, no, I’ll get it.” Merry walked into the kitchen and opened up the giant tub that he held his hot water in. With a shaking hand, he grabbed the bucket and filled it. The hobbit silently went to the bathroom and poured it into the tub. Many times, Merry did this until it was full. He undressed and stepped in. Merry let the water ebb away at his fears and warm him up. Something was not right – he knew it, but what, Merry was unsure.

After the water turned cold, Merry stood from the tub. He dried off and put on new clothes. He walked down the halls quietly, but stopped. Placing his hands behind his back, he stared out the window. Everything was calm and serene. Merry shook his head slightly.

~*~*~

Gandalf looked towards Arwen when she shouted towards them. He gripped his staff tightly in one hand. “I wonder what news an elf-rider has this eve,” Gandalf said. He watched as Legolas sprinted towards the three of them. As Legolas spoke, the wizard looked towards the King of Gondor, though he did move from his perch near an Elanor tree that was near Arwen, Aragorn and Legolas. However, when Aragorn requested that he come near, Gandalf moved, spry as ever, to his side.

~*~*~

Frodo smiled at Sam. He nodded his head in agreement. The hobbit placed a hand upon Sam’s shoulder and patted it. “Don’t be embarrassed Samwise,” Frodo said, glancing at the map that lay on his table. “It will be nice to see the lands without having the fear for our lives,” Frodo commented, “I hope to leave by the end of the week, do you think that will be plenty of time to pack everything we need?”

~*~*~

Gandalf listened to Legolas without interrupting. “I believe that it is time that I call upon Shadowfax so that I may see what I can glean from the trees and woodland fellows,” he said, “I shan’t be long. Aragorn, do not go looking for trouble or worry over Frodo.”

The white wizard stalked off in haste. His cloak bellowed out behind him. At the top of a hill, he stopped and whistled – long and low. He waited. Out of the mists, a white horse galloped and stopped. “Tis dangerous times I fear, Shadowfax,” Gandalf whispered as he mounted and rode off through the woods.

~*~*~

Merry’s eyes had drooped close and his head was touching his chest. He wavered as he stood, sleeping. Fear twisted his brow.

Fire glowed everywhere. There were massive chasms, making islands out of the Shire’s land. Orcs and goblins tramped through the destroyed villages, taking those they deemed ‘worthy’, whatever that may mean and they came upon Merry. “You will tell your secrets,” one of the goblins declared grabbing Merry and dragging him, screaming away. Merry’s head jolted up. He looked from side to side and then out the window. There was no fire.
epic_rainstorm
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2007 01:13
OOC :: i hope it was okay that I made it after may of 3020. Because Sam married Rosie May 1st...

BIC:
Sam smiled at his master, realizing for perhaps the first time since he had arrived there today -- he would have to break the news to Rosie. Hardly believing he had forgotten all about that, Sam was quite unimpressed with himself. For being a rather forgetfull hobbit, Sam always did the best he could. But sometimes he was awful hard on himself.

"Oh Mr Frodo. What will Rosie say about this? Me going for another adventure and all, I've just married her!"

While worries started to form in his mind, he barely heard what Frodo has said before hand. But, once his thoughts started to organize -- he was able to think more clearly. And it was then Frodo's words hit him. With wide eyes Sam replied.

"End of the week? Well, that doesn't leave us much time at all." Hesitating slightly, Sam went over several details rather quickly in his head, a process that not only hurt slightly... but was very un-hobbit like. "But, I think we can manage Mr. Frodo. We've been under tighter time lines."

He started to nod feeverishly. Now bound and determined to make sure all was prepared by the end of the week. That would make for a very busy hobbit, he thought. But he could do it.. no doubt. The only thing that was left would be to break the news to Rosie. Something he was not looking forward to doing.
Sahura
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2007 02:20
Arwen was the first to respond to this troubling news. Shaking her head incredulously, she replied, “With all due respect, how can that be true? Frodo destroyed the ring and with it, all evil. Who is left to be their leader? Sauron, Saruman, even Grima have all been killed.” Her eyes darted away for a moment, but then returned her gaze. “I’m sorry, but I can’t believe it.” Her fair face turned with Aragorn's, to see how Gandalf would answer. Aragorn would not speak yet. He wanted to absorb things for a moment.

“I believe that it is time that I call upon Shadowfax," he murmured finally, "so that I may see what I can glean from the trees and woodland fellows. I shan’t be long." He paused, and addressed Aragorn. "Aragorn, do not go looking for trouble or worry over Frodo.” Aragorn knew better than to argue. Besides that, Gandalf was right. The only trouble would be actually taking the advice.

As Gandalf walked away, Aragorn thought of what to respond.
"Goblins," he murmured. "Goblins are not much of a force on their own, no matter how authoritative their leader. Surely there must be another dark race stirring in harmony with these?" He asked Legolas.

~^~

Fire glowed, and faded. Along with it, the images of orc and goblin faces, doing with the land and inhabitants as they wished.

Athemar's eyes opened, and he stretched slightly. Three terrible dreams for two of the most respected hobbits in the Shire. Hopefully, they would relate their dreams to others, and the rumor would spread that the both of them had lost their sanity.

Athemar smiled slightly as he saddled his horse. There is nothing more deadly than a threat that the majority refuse to believe in.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 26, 2007 11:41
am taking over the role of Éomer as well.)

The slate-grey skies that hovered over Edoras matched the mood that Rohan’s king was in. Éomer paced around his chamber listlessly, his footsteps dragging. He had had word of the hobbits’ coming, and while he was glad, for he missed them, there was a sense of foreboding he could not shake. “Éowyn,” he sighed, his blue eyes lingering on his sister. “What is it that hangs in the air? A sense of evil I know, but what is it?” He knew better than to mention battle again; he did not want a confrontation.

“Perhaps I should send for Aragorn, or go to the Citadel myself. We are in need of a counsel of kings, between myself and him, and perhaps the smaller lords as well. Perhaps your husband as well, Lord Faramir. I am sure he would not object.”

Éomer halted his pacing, his gaze straying out the glass window. The clean fields lay spread out before him like a tapestry. By Varda, he was blessed to rule over such a country as Rohan, and he intended to keep peace. All the evil ones had passed on, he thought, running a hand distractedly through his fair hair. But yet, where would more of them show up, and under whom would they rally? Would they attack here? Minas Tirith? Dol Amroth? The Shire? God forbid, he bit his lip in anger. Surely they would not think of harming the Shirefolk. Yes, that had been the original plan of Saruman Curunir, but he was gone, killed by Gríma Wormtongue, who had in turn, been slayed as well. Then what was it?

Éomer clenched his fist and slammed it down on the sill. Éowyn jumped slightly and came over to comfort him, but he shrugged her off. He was in no mood for comforting. “I cannot abide the thought of more defile so early in the king’s reign, in either of ours’,” he cried angrily. “Is there no place safe here anymore?” His temper, so easily ignited, soon calmed, and the king was able to think rationally.

“Come, Éowyn. We have a message to send to Aragorn and Faramir, possibly Imrahil as well.” Éomer, energy suddenly surging through him, summoned a servant who brought him writing materials and parchment, sat at his desk and began a letter for Aragorn. “Any input you have is greatly welcomed, my sister.” And so he wrote, trusting his hand not to shake as it raced across the parchment, leaving a trail of black ink in its wake.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bristle halted at the entrance of Thranduil’s caves and snorted, refusing to go in. Gimli, in silent resignation, dismounted and hailed the elf at the forefront of the gate. “Hail there, good friend! I seek Legolas. Where’s the old ruffian about, eh?” the dwarf asked with a chuckle.

The elf gazed at Gimli sternly; he was not particularly fond of dwarves. “The Prince is not here; he has left for Minas Tirith some while ago. Why art thou looking for him?”

“I was invited by him here, but if he has left…” He hesitated, fingering his beard.
The elf’s pale face flushed in anger. “Begone then! Thou hast no business here, sir dwarf.”

“Insolence is what it is! And no wonder why my kin choose to live underground, away from the likes of ye. But it seems that ye have taken a leaf outta a dwarf’s book; your king has made your home in caves, like dwarves. But I suppose yours’ are more roomy and not at all rough. Such is the way of elves though. All soft and no backbone. What a pity.” Gimli turned to go with a smile on his face. He loved goading elves.

“I would make thee regret thy words thricefold if I but held a weapon in my mind. Thou shalt not gain any admittance here for thy own insolence.”

Gimli looked back over his shoulder and shrugged. “’Tis no loss to me,” he said nonchalantly. “I shall have to make my way to Minas Tirith then. ‘Twill take a long time, but it seems that time is all I have. Good day to ye.”

Leaving behind the outraged elf, Gimli remounted Bristle and muttered to the pony, “’Tis little wonder we associate with them. Too proud are they, the elvenfolk. Even Legolas at times. Huh, it seems that the only ones that aren’t are the Lady Galadriel and Lady Arwen.” Gimli’s grimy hand stole covetously to the lock of hair that lay around his neck.

“Well, Bristle, let’s see how far we can get today.” Ambling off into the depths of Eryn Lasgalen went the dwarf on his pony, seemingly dozy but always alert at any hint of danger. Such was the way with dwarves.

"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2007 12:13
Thoroniel listened to the exchange and she saw the dwarf. Her eyes widened as she looked at him, for she had not seen any for many long years. She followed the dwarf and kept pace with him. She stepped nimbly in front of his pony, barring the way.

"Greetings, Master Dwarf," she said haltingly in Westron. She did speak the language, but used Elvish whenever possible. "I am new here in these lands and I have not seen a dwarf in many long years, so I was hopnig to perhaps speak with you about certain matters, by your permission, of course," she said with a bow, then stood and stared him in the eye.

Her horse was wandering but had followed her all the same, the sleek, slim, lightly built horse glistening in the light. She tossed her silver mane with a slight haughtiness, but stood by Thoroniel's side. Thoroniel looked apologetically to the Dwarf.

"oh, forgive my manners, Master Dwarf, but my name is Thoroniel Elemor, and I hail from the Grey Havens, and Valinor. My brother is here also, but I know not where he is at the moment," she said thoughtfully, her head tilted to the side slightly, her eyes curious.

She then lost the look, watching him with a slightly curious, partly mischevious look. She nodded to her horse, Earele, and the grey horse snorted, walking a few paces away to eat some lush grass. Thoronirl looked at the pont the Dwarf rode and she walekd up, stroking its muzzle.

"Oh, what is its name? Your pony is very kind, and sweet," she added as it nosed her hand. She laughed lightly and patted the pony, then stepped back.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2007 03:06
Legolas watched as they reacted to what he said.
"I had to warn you, mellon. Something is not right." Legolas said.
Then Legolas remembered something, he remembered inviting Gimli to Eryn Lasgalen. I wonder if he has arrived? I hope he won't be too upset that I'm not there. Legolas though, but he didn't have too much time to think on the matter.
-------
Pippin sat up, he went to go and see if Merry was finished with his bath. Then Pippin's stomach growled. It must be past dinner now.
"Merry! It must be past dinner now, with all the sleeping we've been doing. Why don't we go and get some dinner now." Pippin suggested with a smile.
------
Eowyn looked at her brother, he was certainly disturbed as she was. "Yes, you should tell Faramir. He will need to know." Eowyn said as she nodded.

She watched as Eomer composed the letter, she added a few things, but not much. "I shall take it to the messenger." Eowyn said after Eomer sealed the letter.

Eowyn walked out to the messenger, she handed him the letter and he jumped on his horse and left. As she began to walk back she heard some people talking.
"Did ye see them goblins out there the other day? I heard they was attackin' a farm for some food, or somethin'." One man said, the man he spoke to shook his head.

Eowyn walked quickly back into the inn and into the room.
"Eomer, I overheard some men speaking outside, they said some people have recently seen goblins around here." Eowyn said, she waited for his reaction.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email