Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
iron_weaver
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Running waters (open 2 all)
on: May 04, 2007 08:50
(( This is a free forum and i have no idea where it should go so lets just write and see where it takes us ))

Jithu sat downweary after a long weeks travel never stoping never resting but at last he had escaped the scent of the Orks he thought those orks were unusaully fast this puzzled him but he didn't think much of it as it was behind him he looked up the road and saw someone walking towards him and he silently went on guard for he didn't yet know if the figure was friend or foe.
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Running waters (open 2 all)
on: May 04, 2007 11:25
((I'd love to join. My character is HERE[ ))

Bellethiel wandered aimlessly along the road. She could see a figure sitting on the horizon, and walked closer to it. She looked down on the man when she came to him, and smiled.
"Are you alright, sire?" she sat down beside him. "You look weary. My name is Bellethiel."

[Edited on 6/5/2007 by BerethEdhellen]
iron_weaver
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2007 09:35
(( Coollio my character is in the DB ))

Jithu looked up when he heard the voice and said "I'm fine just a little tired I'm Jithu Srey my horse is around somewhere I haven't seen him scince we came across some orks a few days ago."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2007 03:16
OOC: OOoo! Looks like fun Mind if I join. I'll be using Raven, he's in the database

IC: He had been wandering around aimlessly for the better part of that season. In the warming months of the spring the young elf had spent time amongst the birds, his one-if only-true friends.

Raven had taken to the trees that day, preferring the leafy canopy to the hard soil beneath his feet. Nearby Tuillin-his swallow companion-fluttered and hopped about on the branches. Singing a merry tune for all the world to hear.

Raven himself was silent, amusing himself with the listening of the birds. He was quite startled then when he heard beneath him two voices speaking. So startled indeed that he lost balance and nearly fell out of the tree.

Hanging on by one hand just above the two strangers he smiled. "Mind if I drop in?" he said half laughing.
iron_weaver
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2007 06:48
Jithu was slightly shocked at the sudden drop of this new elf but never-the-less said "Sure by all means this is Bellethiel and I am Jithu Srey but I'm guessing you already knew that as I'm assuming you've been in the trees above us for awhile and know that you know us I ask who are you."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2007 02:10
Raven smiled broadly, swinging down from his awkward hanging position in the tree to stand beside the one called Jithu. He bowed low, uncertain of the man's status.

"I am honoured to meet you, Jithu, and you Bellethiel, I am called Raven. I have no other name by which to call me. I don't know you, I only came to that tree above you in the last few minutes, I find the trees a far more efficient way to travel."

He said this all quickly, sounding akin to the birds themselves. So little had he used the common tongue in these days for he was ever among the birds and not the people of the lands.
iron_weaver
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2007 09:33
The newcomer bowed and Jithu said "you need not bow I have no status." He then looked around for he thought he heard something he sniffed the air and said "the time for introductions is over for unless my nose decieves me orks are near"
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2007 02:40
Bellethiel smiled to Raven.
"Very glad to meet you, Raven." She pulled her bow from her back cautiously. "I am a great lover of birds myself. Though I draw the line at climbing trees." The leaves rustled and she turned sharply, sending her mess of hair over her shoulder.
"Let us make haste."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2007 04:20
Raven himself had very little to use as a weapon. He had long since abandoned his staff, finding it to cumbersom in the trees, but he held his long leaf-bladded dagger. It was quite a fine weapon. Oddly enough Raven was left-handed, it had never bothered him, but he knew to others it was as confusing as someone trying to write with their feet instead of their hands.

He krept among the trees, his rather ragged cloths blending in well enough. He spied the orcs. There were about a dozen of them. He motioned this to his friends and then started to cirlce the orcs.

After he was certain he had them surrounded, he charged in dagger drawn.
iron_weaver
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2007 04:48
Jithu drew his sabres turned to Bellethiel and said "well we best get it started" he charged in ducking whirling and slashing he took a few wounds but nothing too major between the three of them they soon took out the orks

[Edited on 8/5/2007 by iron_weaver]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2007 05:11
His knife cut through the orcs, but it was not enough to protect him from everything, and indeed, Raven was quite young and he was not the most experienced yet in the ways of battle. So a few blades did happen to nick and cut through his defenses.

But the battle was soon over. For which he was grateful, Tuillin had perched on a nearby branch, sitting htere all puffed up disgusted by the rank stentch of the orcs.

It was a moment later that Jithu found him, and Bellethiel was nearby as well.

"Would you like me to fix those."

Raven looked at his wounds, they were not deep, and would heal in time, and as far as he could tell none were poisoned. That had almost been to easy. Why had it been so easy?

Raven shrugged, "I do not think that it is necessary, they shall heal well enough on their own. these scrapes are not deap, nor do they stink of poison...All they need is a little cleaning and all will be well. Thank you though, I did not know that you were a healer." He smiled broadly, despite the horrid location they were in.

[Edited on 8/5/2007 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: May 07, 2007 05:49
iron_weaver,

I know you have been a member for some time but have not apparently read the rules and guidelines recently. There is no 'magical' healing in Tolkien, no unexplained powers that miraculously heals.

And Minstral, you know this so I'm surprised you responded to this.

Edit your posts or as I said in the topped post 'Enough' in the rules and guidelines, I will delete them both. And no one else better respond to this until they've edited their posts.

We've already told you all to check the thread about healing in Middle-Earth and that we will no longer accept a death wound healed by a sprinkle of athelas and then the char jumps to his feet amazingly healed and romps off to slay a dozen orcs. It ain't gonna happen!
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2007 05:28
Bellethiel fired arrows as fast as she could, but she was not naturally a fighter, and she soon fell. She spotted Jithu and Raven nearby, and decided not to disturb them. She looked at the gash in her leg. It looked alright, but she found it difficult to stabnd on. She knelt beside a tree, and fired from there. Even if she was a bad fighter, she could at least assist her companions.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2007 09:03
OOC: Sorry, I'm like zoned out, I'm not quite focused on things.

IC: Raven quietly moved over to his other compaion, he sat down beside her.

"Are you well?" He asked concerned, seeing the gash upon her leg.
iron_weaver
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2007 05:04
(( im sorry 2 i havent got around to reading the rules ))

Jithu looked at the wound her leg and said "That looks bad but not poisoned which is good let me and Raven help you walk because we need to get moving the orcs will be back and probably a with greater numbers" where are you Byonter he thought for the horse would be much help here
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: May 09, 2007 12:37
Additional moderator comment-
Here for 4 years and still haven't read the rules? Hmm- that does explain a lot

I do have a question. What we have here is a group of people on a road somewhere fighting some orks ( rather than orcs?) That's not much to show any relationship with Tolkien's works -
Where and when are they, and will this end up a story with a plot or just a bunch of swashbucklers wandering through some orc-filled purgatory getting into random fights?

The Moderator comments will soon be removed , after our issues have been dealt with

[Edited on 9/5/2007 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2007 06:35
OOC- I believe the concept was to write and see what happens, but I don't know.
Bellethiel shook her head at Jithu.
"I am well."
She stood, limping toward them. She fell, her leg now bleeding.
"Perhaps I could do with some help.."
iron_weaver
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2007 05:04
OOc- yeah i guess we do need a plot and ive been trying to think of one but im havin troubles so if u have any ideas plz let me know. and i guess we should think of new enemies we seem to be all elves so hows about some antidwarf action

Ic-Jithu looked around and knew something had to be done but he wasn't sure what he asked "We need to get out of here." He looked at the the markings at the armour of the orks those are the same symbols of the orks were chasing me he thought but orks never chase an individual to far he looked around frustrated and said "well lets go."

[Edited on 10/5/2007 by iron_weaver]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2007 03:18
Raven went to Bellethiel, helping to get her to her feet, and then supporting her weight with his own. He looked around cautiously, what was a rouge band of orcs doing here? It was odd, and it had him worried.

"Tuillin, fly for me and see if there are any more orcs, return to me before sun down." He spoke to the swallow in his own tongue, Tuillin chirped once in assent and then flew away into the trees.

Raven then turned to Jithu, "yes, let's go."
iron_weaver
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2007 03:37

Jithu walked over to help when Raven spoke to a bird and Jithu said "well thats interesting where'd you learn to do that"
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2007 05:18
"well thats interesting where'd you learn to do that"

Raven started to walk, half-carrying their wounded companion.

"It was not so long ago that I learned it. You see...I do not know my parents, I dwelt in Rivendell, and it was on one of my many wanderings around Rivendell that I encountered Radagast the brown.'

'For as long as I can recall I have always been friends with the birds, and Radagast taught me the tongue of the Ravens, and from the Ravens I learned the tongues of other birds. It is in fact how I got my namesake. I was called Raven by the other birds for that was whom taught me to speak with them."

Raven motioned to where Tuillin had flown away to, "Tuillin there is my closest companion. He has been with me for many seasons now." Raven smiled, "I do not know my true name, like my parents it vanished without trace. So I keep the name Raven. And I keep my bird companions."

Raven laughed aloud, "Indeed, but I fear my history is dull in comparison to most others, I am young, and as of yet have had very little experiences. Come, tell me of yourself, if you would."

[Edited on 12/5/2007 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
iron_weaver
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2007 08:32
"When i was young me and my family were taken by uruk-hai slavers I was there for many seasons before i escaped believe it or not my hair was once as fair as a midsummers day but i dyed to match my cold hate of the uruk-hai my tatoos were the brand marks of the clan that took me, but i have long scince given up hope to finding them i really just have my horse but now it looks like the foul of the orcs have taken him."
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2007 12:06
Bellethiel said nothing, just listened. She had no great story to tell, and decided that she may be in over her head with these two. They had survived great ordeals, or lost everything. She felt guilty for being so average. She hung her head, braiding her hair.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2007 11:16
Raven looked to Bellethiel, "Now why do you look so sad?" he questioned her gently, "Perhaps our histories should not have been so delved, indeed, perhaps they would have been better off unspoken. Cheer up, Bellethiel, we shall speak of them no more. But what is your story, might I ask? I am curious...a failing of my youth, or so I am told." Raven laughed brightly.

His brown hair was whipped about in the breeze that had begun to pick up. But he did not complain, it was cooling, and soothing to his pale skin.

OOC: Orcs don't have clans, least of all uruk-hai. They were the creation of Sauruman. They served the white hand only. Is this taking place during the third age?

[Edited on 12/5/2007 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2007 12:14
"I am very average, sire." she replied, only looking up slightly. "I was born in Lothlorien, but my father had an accident and my mother fled. I have two brothers...somewhere."
She tucked her own hair behind her ears, and marched on silently.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2007 02:28
Raven smiled, "Please, do not call me 'sire'. I do know that I have no lordly, or noble backgrounds. I'm as simple as an elf can get. I do not know my parents, I know not if I ever had any siblings. Be grateful that you knew yours." He said this comfortingly, to some degree understanding what she had gone through.

"Take heart, for the 'plain' as you have so dubed yourself, are not the simple folk most think. There is courage, and a will to go on in life, no matter how bad things seem."
iron_weaver
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2007 04:04
OOC i guess clan was the wrong word

Jithu looked them bith up and said "aye we seem to be a fine bunch of averages and if wasn't for us averages there would be no unaverages."
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2007 03:32
"aye we seem to be a fine bunch of averages and if wasn't for us averages there would be no unaverages."

Raug had been approaching a group of two or three figures--two men, one woman--when he heard the turn the conversation was taking, he could not resist stepping from cover; obviously they were not ill-willed. They had fought the orcs, had they not? Over half a milennia had taught Raug to distinguish character, and he trusted his instincts to the core. Most days.

"Average is a relative term," he remarked, stepping from the covering of trees.

((Raug is in the database))
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2007 03:47
Raven saw Tuillin dart from among the trees, chirping madly. The small swallow was shouting about someone nearby. Raven looked up as another man appeared out of the trees. He was an elf, that much was certain, and Raven felt young and foolish as he looked at him. Clearly this elf was far older then he was, and far wiser.

"And greetings to you, mellon." He said with a smile none the less, "Might we know your name? As it is said: the stranger should declare himself first." His eyes twinkled with merryment and the curiosity so common in youths.
iron_weaver
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2007 04:08
"But wouldn't that also make unaverage as undefinable as average." Jithu countered today was highly unaverage thought Jithu here was Raug an elf he had not seen in a long while.

OOC i hope its cool if Jithu and Raug have met before if not say so and ill edit
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2007 04:42
Bellethiel looked up momentarily to acknowledge the elf's arrival. She was normally very cheerful, but she had not the strength to raise her head. She had been up since dawn, and was sick of smiling already.
"Aye," Bellethiel forged a smile. "Greetings." she said no more, and decided the stranger would have to wait for her true nature to be revealed.
iron_weaver
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2007 02:53
Jithu looked around wondering how many more people would wander up he decided not to worry about it then said "well we've all been intruduced so lets get on going where we need to be headed."
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2007 10:53
((fine with me))

"But wouldn't that also make unaverage as undefinable as average."

Raug nodded to Jithu with a small smile of agreement. "Aye, Jithu, it would." The red-haired elf then turned to the other man whose eyes were sparkling in what Raug recognized as curiosity--it pleased him. This youth, at least, was not wont to carry the seriousness now so often common in youths; the young took themselves entirely too seriously.

"I am called Raug, at least by the Grey Elves. And since Master Thingol saw fit to make his elvish the language of the land, it is the name I stay by."

"well we've all been intruduced so lets get on going where we need to be headed."

"Indeed." Raug glanced over his shoulder at the maiden--her joviality was feigned, and he recognized the m r of her smile. "Have you any idea where these orcs hail from? It is not their custom to wander far from their homelands, and yet...Those you fought had traveled a great distance. Do you know what drove them?"
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2007 12:25
"Have you any idea where these orcs hail from? It is not their custom to wander far from their homelands, and yet...Those you fought had traveled a great distance. Do you know what drove them?"

"The birds say that the orcs hailed from the east. I fear that something evil stirrs there, there is trouble brewing, make no mistake. But come, we must tend our wounded comrad, and set up camp."

Raven got Tuillin to scout out a small glade, and following the bird's trail they came to it before nightfall.

"I suppose this is as good as any. Thank you, Tuillin." The bird chirped once before lighting upon his friend's shoulder.

[Edited on 18/5/2007 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
iron_weaver
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2007 06:44
Jithu nodded in agreement "aye, I first ran into them a few days east of here when me and my horse got seperated." Jithu started pulling out supplies t make a fire and continued "But is true what you say they never do travel far from thier homeland not even to get slaves, unless of course they were hired and even then it would have to be a creature of extrodinary wealth to get them this far." Once the fire was burning he pulled out some food and started to cook.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email