Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Running waters (open 2 all)
on: May 19, 2007 07:13
Raug watched with slight amusement as Jithu set up camp--he knew what he was doing, the elf would give him that. Jithu emitted all the signs of having been on many journeys, most by himself, and knowing the practicality of his doings. Without a word he bent and helped him with the fire.

"Aye, but what sort of creature could amass such wealth? Or fear." Raug knew all too well what fear could fuel Uruks and orcs to, and he wasn't at all pleased at the thought these might have been moved by such.

Feeling the heat of the blaze, he turned to the woman and asked, "Feeling better?"
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2007 12:14
Bellethiel sat, staring into the fire. She could feel Raug's gaze upon her.
"Feeling better?"

"Aye, I suppose so sire." she lifted her leg to check her wound. "I am not one to fight." she leant further foreward and her necklace hung out of her tunic. "I just want to go home."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2007 05:38
Raven sat quietly, just enjoying the smell of the fire. It always made him drowzy and calm, something that few had ever accomplished for the young elf always seemed to be full of energy and life.

"Yes, home would be nice. I'd definately like to be back in Imladris, maybe in the hall of fire hearing songs and stories of old. But these days are not exactly the kindest to us free kindreds....Where are you from, Bellethiel?"
iron_weaver
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2007 07:00
"Let us not tal about such sad and dreary things" Jithu said. He set out on the fire some bacon and tomatoes(( go hobbits)) "Instead let's talk about where we are going."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2007 07:16
OOC: Ahh! Double post!

IC: "Indeed, you are quite correct. People might find memories and warmth around the light of a camp fire, but it destracts us from our purpose. I suggest we find these orc bands, somthing evil drives them, perhaps if we find them we may learn what that evil is. Perhaps we can then deal with the evil."

OOC: Are we in the 3rd age?
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2007 04:44
Bellethiel sat quietly. Unlike Jithu, she could sit and discuss her home forever. She looked up.
"....Where are you from, Bellethiel?"

"I am from Lothlorien, sire." she smiled dreamily. "Where the trees grow tall, and the flowers remain sweet." she sighed, and felt her smile broaden. She lay on her back and looked at the stars, humming a tune quietly.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2007 05:03
Raven blushed at the title. No one had ever called him 'sire' before in his life.

"Please, you need not call me sire. It does not fit one such as myself. Raven will do nicely." He said, half laughing.

He listened to her description of Lothlorien. "Ai! Such a fair land as it I have yet to see. I have never been thei, but hope my travells will take me there one day."
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2007 12:16
Raug smiled slightly at Raven's interest in Lothlorien. "It's really not all that great," he winked at Bellethiel. "Pretty, yes, but nothing compared to the realm of Lorien in the days of old. The trees were even bigger; probably something in the fertalizer. You ought to have a few of the halflings come tend it for a while, and let Galadriel tend to her Light."

He turned back to Jithu. "As to the orcs, from their arrows I'd say they come from under the Mountains...Although I'd never seen that particular design of tip. Did any survive the attack? If so, we may be able to follow his tracks." Orcs and anything of their breed was ridiculously unskilled at going unknown; something he knew many an elf to capitalize on.

((where exactly are we? and in what age?))

minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2007 12:58
Raven shook his head. "there was mention of there being a band of these orcs...but I know not. Tuillin could scout some more, perhaps find evidence of their passing, but the birds around here are oddly silent. I do not take comfort in it...'

'...And halflings? Have you been among them? What are they like? Are they as the tales say they are? Do they trully dwell in holes?" Raven's first words had seemed far above his years, but his questions about the hobbits left no doubts in his companions mind's that he was young still.

OOC: I don't know. Ask iron_weaver.
iron_weaver
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2007 01:15
((we are about two days north pf the misty mountains and we are about in the 3rd age srry bout any confusion))

Jithu listened to the description of Lothlorein but didn't say anything for it had been a long time scince he had been to that realm.

"Well the nearest grouping of orcs would probabaly be the misty mountans. But I can't think of anyone who is rich enough to hire out the orcs, this is a puzzle indeed."
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2007 04:51
"Ai." Bellethiel sighed. "T'is a fine mess I have gotten myself into." She sat up to the discussion of orcs.
'Tuillin could scout some more, perhaps find evidence of their passing, but the birds around here are oddly silent. I do not take comfort in it...'

"This Tullin seems a remarkable bird, sire." Bellethiel threw her head back in annoyance at calling Raven 'sire' again. It sent her hair everywhere. "I am sorry. In Lothlorien, I called every man 'sire'. I was told it was polite." she paused, looking to the horizon. "I never imagined orcs could dwell in the mountains"
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2007 04:28
Raven laughed aloud at being called 'sire' again, and at Bellethiel's explanation. "It is alright, if it comes to it I'll remind you of my name, quite frankly I'm not exactly what folk might call 'sire' material." He laughed quite merrily at this.

"Tuillin is my friend, all birds can be used as messengers if one know's their tongue and claims their friendship. Tuillin has been my only friend for the last couple of years. He helps me, and I help him."

He smiled at the bird who was hopping about on his shoulder, he chirped once and flew to Bellethiel's shoulder. Nuzzling her gently and chirping away a pretty song before darting into the trees above to sing a more melodious tune.
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2007 04:43
Bellethiel followed the bird's movements with great joy.
"I adore birds. I used to own one myself, though I never had the ability to talk with him and discuss his acts." she looked down at her feet, a half-smile on her face. "he was often as efficient as Tullin. He brought me news of a...friend, and eventually saved my life. My friend does not know that."she took another breath, and smiled at Raven. "he dissappeared afterward, I assume to be free like Tullin."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2007 05:30
Raven nodded, "I fear that if I ever claimed Tuillin he would not speak to me for weeks. He has saved my life on several occasion. Who was your friend?" He asked, genuinly curious.

"Tuillin here is well known by the birds, maybe he could find your companion, at least bring you news of him." He suggested.
iron_weaver
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2007 03:54
Jithu listened to the conversation and then said "Animals are often the most trust worthy friends, I have a horse although I'm noy entirely sure where he is." Jithu then said "It is getting late we should get some rest if we are to find what evil drives these foul Orcs." with that he lied down and fell into a fitful sleep.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2007 05:36
'...And halflings? Have you been among them? What are they like? Are they as the tales say they are? Do they trully dwell in holes?"

Raug laughed a bit at Raven's eagerness: indeed, he was not as old as he seemed.

"Aye, they live in holes. Quite small ones too; I tried to room at the Green, Dragon, that is, and they could hardly find a room to fit me...Then of course, I am rather big for most folk," he laughed. "They are a quiet people, content to ignore and be ignored by the Firstborn and most others."

"It is getting late we should get some rest if we are to find what evil drives these foul Orcs."

Jithu had a sensibly point, as always. No use postulating on dark ideas with a tired mind; perhaps they would have more clues tomorrow. Just thinking of something or someone driving the orcs from the mountains made Raug shiver. Although intrigued by these two who seemed so keen on birds and their habits, he found a descent spot somewhat away from the blazing fire and lay down to rest. Seeing the stars attempting to poke through the clouds, he smiled to himself; it had been an interesting night.
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2007 11:40
"Who was your friend?" He asked, genuinly curious.

"Tuillin here is well known by the birds, maybe he could find your companion, at least bring you news of him."

"Mellon, the bird I have spoke of has gone. I do not know to where he departed to. Probably a much better place than here." she looked down, holding her pendant between her fingers. "As for my companion, she travels. Her home is in Imladris, but she sees no reason to dwell there. I do not know her wherabouts at the moment."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2007 03:52
Raven listened with rapt attention at the description of hobbits. Grinning all the time, and a light shone behind his green eyes. What wonders indeed lay beyond the world that he knew?

"I shall have to pay a visit to the land of the hobbits, of course I shall keep in secrecy for the most part. As you have said they keep to themselves, I should not like to disturb them in any way." He sat there for a moment, happily musing over the idea of visiting the hobbits.

"Well, at a later date, perhaps, when all is said and done." He concluded.

He nodded at Bellethiel in understanding, a solemn, calm, contenance appeared on Raven's youthful features. Indeed at that moment he seemed far older then he was, or if not that, more experienced. Not knowing what else to say he leaned back against the trunk of a tree.

Tuillin flew down, after a successful time of hunting for seeds, and nestled into the side of Raven's neck. Raven let his mind wander and imagine as he looked up at the stars, enjoying the peaceful night.
iron_weaver
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2007 07:40
Jithu looked to the sunrise and got up most of his new found companions were still asleep so he went into the woods to look for anything pertaining to these orcs. He didn't find anything important to the location or name of the powers that are driving these orcs. But he did find something that deeply saddened him. Byonter's saddle lie on the ground covered in blood. He saw a blood trail leading into the woods he was afraid to follow it because of what he could see, but he had to, to find Byonter's fate. He followed it for about half a mile. Then he came to a stream and in the stream lay Byonter's corpse. Jithu fell to his knees and began to cry he heard a twig snap behind him but he didn't care because if it was the orcs they would have come to kill him and death didn't sound so bad to Jithu right now.
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2007 09:09
Bellethiel struggled to sleep. Her mind was going through Raven's offer, and her memories haunted her. She woke to the sound of movements. Looking around, she saw Jithu had risen.
Going down to the stream, she saw Jithu, beside the corpse of a horse. A twig snapped under her foot, but she continued.
"Jithu?" she asked. "What has happened?"
iron_weaver
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2007 04:59
"Th..thh...this is my horse, Byonter" Jithu stammered he stood up wiped the tears from his eyes then said, with a grim look and set jaw "Those foul orcs will pay for this" he charged through the woods back to camp and vigorously woke his new found companions. Once they were all groggy but awake, he said "The orcs came from the east so that is where we are headed. Of course I cannot make anyone go with me but any sword, arrow, axe, or knife is welcome to come with. Those who wish to go with me be ready to leave by the time the sun reaches its zenith."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2007 02:41
Raven awake to rough shaking by Juthu. He looked at him with one arched eyebrow.

"The orcs came from the east so that is where we are headed. Of course I cannot make anyone go with me but any sword, arrow, axe, or knife is welcome to come with. Those who wish to go with me be ready to leave by the time the sun reaches its zenith."

Raven nodded and rose to his feet, taking the few personal belongings that he had. He was ready welll before the allotted time. He watched Jithu for a while, he seemed troubled, angry.

"Did something happen?" He asked calmly, "You seem to be upset. Did those orcs attack someone nearby? Someone you possibly know?"
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2007 07:47
Raug glanced first to Raven, then Jithu; indeed, the man seemed unsettled. Such was the look of a man who had lost much, and was bent on revenge. Raug recognized that look all too well. At least this time, it was directed at orcs.

"Did something happen?" He asked calmly, "You seem to be upset. Did those orcs attack someone nearby? Someone you possibly know?"

"Or perhaps a dream?" he querried. In all honesty, he was rather eager to get on the trail of the remaining orcs, and glanced to the others yet readying themselves.
iron_weaver
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2007 11:44
"Person, no something more important than a simple elf or human. My best friend, My horse Byonter." Jithu made himslef busy making traces of the camp scarce. The sun was reaching high in the sky and the traces were all but gone. He looked at his new friends and said "Thank you all." With that he started walking towards the east.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2007 04:01
Raven saw Jithu leaving and suddenly ran after him.

"Wait! Wait just a second." he stood in front of his new companion, "You are not going to just leave us like this. I'm sorry you lost your friend, but we've all promised to help you find those orcs. And you certainly can't do it alone."

Raven put a comforting hand on Jithu's shoulder, "We've got work to do, and I don't know bout the rest of you, but I'm not going to be left behind."
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2007 09:43
Raug meandered up as well, a slight smile tugging the corners of his mouth. "Aye...It should be interesting." At a glance from the others, he added, "And worthwhile. Any chance of these foul orcs organizing into something more is...unthinkable..." Vividly he recalled days passed when he had fought such fell beasts in the heat of the moment, consumed by the flame of the Curse; yet this would be different. This time, he fought for good.

Looking to the others, he asked, "Shall we on?"
iron_weaver
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2007 03:50
Jithu looked around and said "Well we aren't finding the orcs just standing here." What a fine adeventure this is he thought. They all started walking towards the east with the sun on thier backs it was a very heroic scene.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2007 08:13
Raug nodded and followed silently.

Their first stop was to investigate the battlegrounds of yesterday, searching for anything they could have missed, tracks leading away. They came upon two sets of footprints, one obviously of an orc, and another, less reckless and destroying. Puzzled, Raug called the others over: "What do you make of that?"
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2007 04:58
Bellethiel approached Raug, her face now full of wonder and distress.
"What do you make of that?"

"I believe I am not one to comment, sire." Bellethiel looked at the footprints. "But I believe we have been slightly sluggish in our night watches."
She walked on, deciding it was not her job to say any more.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2007 01:15
Raven listened quietly as they studied the foot prints. Nearby Tuillin hopped about, anxious.

"If we are to hunt the orcs then we had best get a move on. They already have almost a full day's march on us. As for our other, mysterious, companion, I can only suggest that we hope it was another hunting the orcs. Maybe that person got to them before us."
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2007 01:30
Raug nodded, not particularly liking the sound of that. If someone else was following the orcs, why hadn't they seen them, or heard them passing in the night? And it looked as though the pair were perhaps walking together, at the same time. But what civilized being would walk in tandem with an orc?

Knowing Raven was right, Raug looked to the others, then stated, "Right then. On we go," and followed the tracks, taking care not to disturb them; they may yet find something else.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email