Esmerelda~Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
Post Interesting facts about yourself!
on: May 24, 2007 09:46
Tell people about yourself!

Well, here are mine:
1. I'm double-jointed in my arms

2. I can seperate my pointer and little finger from the other two with no problem

3. I'm adopted, so I could have been related to anyone, for all I know!

4. The thing I love to do the most is go boating on the ocean

5. I've been in over 4 ballets.

I'll think of more later. Your turn!
Drauglin
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Interesting facts about yourself!
on: May 24, 2007 12:45
Um, interesting eh? Hmm I'll do this in ramble form. I'm a father of one in his twenties whose dad was adopted. So I've never felt nationality pride because I can't be sure what I actually am (except that i'm pretty caucasian). I have a birth defect call brachial plexis that makes my right arm 10% shorter and weaker then the left. Also gives me back problems as it is spine related. Until last weekend I had the longest hair possible but a bad set of dreads led me to cut it all off. So now i look more hobbity than elvish.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2007 03:10
Hmm, well, I am possibly the shortest person in a family of tall people. I can pop both of my thumbs out of place and back in. I can fold my legs up behind me and walk on my knees, but that's not really that interesting. I sword fight and shoot archery, I can bench around 60-70 pounds if I try hard enough( and I'm a girl, which surprises most people) I also have the longest standing record of anyone in my family or in my group of friends for not studying for tests and making a's and b's, waiting until the last possible minute to do a project and get either an a or a b, and that I can not do classwork and still pass a class with good grades. Very, very accomplished procrastinator here. Oh, and I have the biggest record for killing fish in my family. I don't know why, but when I get them they always die within a few hours or days. I can never keep them for some odd reason. Okay, I'm gonig now.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: May 25, 2007 03:21
Moving this to Facts about Ourselves subforum. Thanks!
~Larxene~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2007 10:56
Uh...you probably wont find it at all interesting...

-I can't read anything written in red. It's just a blur...but my teachers ALWAYS forget and use red pen.

-Since my nan passed away I've lost control of some parts of my brain. I will do the most random things and not know why I did them.

-I can't eat chocolate.

-I have insomnia.

-I'm learning to sing opera...(does that count here? oh well)

-I have a fear of sheds.

[Edited on 19/7/2007 by ~Larxene~]
michele
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2007 08:46
I am a horse rider.

I'm the youngest petshop owner in South Africa.

I breed Fancy Rats.

I have some mild psychic ability and can 'feel things'and get alot of de ja vu.

Um, yip, I'm really not that interesting
Ataralassë_Manveri
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2007 12:56
- I'm a bit double jointed and I can "wave" the top joints of most fingers.

- I can do that Vulcan hand signal thing with my right hand, but not my left

- I have ADD

- I have a terrible memory. I'll do something and 15 minutes later, forget I did it.

- I'm the shortest full grown person in my family.

- I'm also the lightest. Everyone has a tan, I'm lily white.

- Also, aside from my aunt, I'm the only one without brown eyes. (Yay! I'm the family "throw-back" )

- I have 7 half and step siblings that I've never met in person.

- Animals love me. Seriously, dogs'll be growling at one person, then come up to me, trying to lick me in the face. It's weird. I've had random dogs follow me around. I had to call my roomie down once when I was coming back from getting the mail cause this golden retriever was trying to follow me in the house and I wasn't strong enough to shove it out the door. :blush:

- Seafood gives me the heebie jeebies.

- I can write with both hands, and backwards with both hands. I know I can write upside-down with my right. My left-handed writing is legible, but still chicken-scratch.

- I have freckles on my left arm that form a dipper. Big, little, take your pick.

- I've been known to function on less than 2 hours of sleep.

Hmm... what else, what else...

- Drinking coca-cola makes me sleepy

- I do genealogy and I'm saving up for a DNA test thingy. (It's gonna take a while.)

- I've seen ghosts

- I've seen what I'm going to call "ball lightning." Unless ball lightning doesn't come in colors. :dizzy:

That'll do for now I think.

[Edited on 24/7/2007 by Ataralassë_Manveri]
lady_of_the_ring
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2007 10:11
~ I'm the only one in my immediate family with red hair and freckles
~ I can not study and easily pass tests
~ I can do the Vulcan sign with my left hand, but not my right (and I'm right-handed)
~ My left arm doesn't straighten out completely, and I can't use quite it as well as my right
~ I can't tan (naturally) to save my life. I'm lobster-red in ten minutes or less. But my sunburns heal very quickly, too.
~ I have very pale skin
~ I can touch my nose with my tongue
~ I'm incredibly sarcastic (does that count here?)
~ I have a whipped cream-addicted cat (don't know if that counts, either)

I think that's it.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2007 05:01
1: I can only do the Vulcan sign with my left hand as well, but I'm slowly learning to do it with my right.
2: I am left handed at some things and right handed at others.
3: I have really good pain tolerance, and I rarely cry even if it hurts really bad.
4: I know sign language and speak to my best friend, who isn't deaf, so that no one understands us.
5: My Dad is a native New Zealander and I lived there for almost a year.
6: I have a knack for taking amazing pictures and I love film and making movies.

okay, thats all I can think of for now.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2007 11:12
Ooh, I thought of some others that I forgot. Not intersting perhaps, but odd.

-I am left handed, aside from my father and my "brother" everyone else in my family is right.
-I broke my wrist and now can pop it and turn it sometimes at odd angles.
-I've been known to go without sleep at all and still be able to to stuff. (longest was three days)
-I can do the Vulcan sign with both hands
-I shoot my bow right handed and twirl knives with either hand
-I never cry, at all (think I must've ran out of tears lol)
-Most sarcastic person in a family of close, friendly people, also the most anti-social and distant
-I have a tendancy to to random things that can be considered odd or creepy
-Love to annoy people to the point of tears if possible and the same with teasing
-I have anger managemnet issues which is considered odd for my family, who are laid back and easy going for the most part
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2007 11:36
I don't cry either Elfalas! Well, sometimes I do, once I got really moody and upset for some reason and started crying, but I never cry when I get hurt. or scream for that matter.
But I can make myself cry on cue....I'm the only person in my family that can do that.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: August 13, 2007 08:34
-I can do the Vulcan sign with both hands as well
-I can type VERY fast (I think I topped 70 wpm once)
-I remember films and lines after seeing them only once (sometimes twice)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2007 01:53
I can type fast too, but not that fast. I'm the fastest in my family though, they are always amazed at how fast I can type. I have never really tested how fast I was though.

I can remember words to songs after hearing it once or twice, but not for movies as much. I'll probably remember one line out of a movie after seeing it once, I have to see it at least twice or three times.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2007 07:00
I have freckles on my left arm that form a dipper. Big, little, take your pick

Me too!! the freckles for its handle though are starting to disappear for some reason though...

Umm...

I can sort of play songs on the piano just by ear. But nothing fancy, and I have to find all the right keys as I go along. (I can now play some themes from POTC)

I'm a fairly good artist, though still learning

I reenact the French and Indian War (seven year's war)

My hands are very thin, and nails are very long my friends always call me skeleton

I have a bad memory, especially like with towns and cities and which state they belong to. (i travel a lot)

My friends always call me sunshine too because apparently I'm always happy and positive. (usually true, just not today lol)

That's all for now..
LOTR_obsessed_loony
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2008 12:12
I hum totally random tunes almost constantly... specially in Art, I find music enhances creativity... and I can hear a tune once and memorise it. And I can hum the hobbit theme from LOTR just like it sounds in the film, with a few slips occasionally.
Interesting enough?
"...Though thereafter we may walk in the shadows, I will not go forth as a thief in the night." – Boromir, FotR, The Ring Goes South Image Image Image Image Image
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2008 11:59
I've got a spinning wheel.
I enjoy knitting and crocheting
I'm in FFA and I love it!
I'm a complete dark chocolate adict
I used to have 2 llamas
I live in Virginia

I'll add more when I can actually think..
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2008 03:05
wow, I am very... special, I guess you could say...

~My (real) name means "Son of the Fair one" and I am a girl...
~My eyes turn bloodred around the pupil when I get too hyper, or drink a bottle of Dr. Pepper
~I can separate my middle and ring fingers to make the "vulcan" sign.
~I have 13 male cousins. Very lucky, isn't it?
~I enjoy playing... dare I say it... Pokemon games. Stupid boy cousins. Got me hooked on the games when I was 6.
~I am addicted to youtube
~I have braces
~My eyes have blue, green, brown, and a little orange.
~If you catch them in the right light, my eyes are the color of a cat's.
~I can make my friends laugh with just one face.
~My best friend Jacob has red hair, a blonde eyebrow, and a brown eyebrow. I just HAD to put that in here!
~I have self-diagnosed myself with Obsessive Cumpulsive Disorder...
~I beleive that I have a parasite in my brain called Toxoplasma that makes me more random and like cats.
~I have many talents. One of them is extreme modesty... lol, JK! I love showing off...

I hope that wasn't too obnoxious of a list...
Eletúrë
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2008 02:02
Interesting facts about me...
- I went bunjy jumping twice
- When I'm nervous I fiddle and organise
- I cant stand having the tv volume on an odd number

Ven
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2008 06:46
I can Cook
My BMI says I'm overweight but I look like a beanpole
I celebrate Tolkien's birthday
I can move my ears
I'm writing my own fantasy series.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2008 10:37
That's awesome Ven! I'm writing my own series too, and a few other works! I also can cook, it's just sometimes I add things to food that nobody else thinks would be good, but I don't tell them until after they've eaten all the food. :evil:

I love talking to people and meeting new people, but I'm very shy and tend to wait for others to speak first. I also like to IM and stuff so if anyone in here wants to talk more, send me a pm and I'll get back to you definitely! Okay, I'm finished for good now, I promise.
Hravan
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2008 12:44
Ummm... these probably aren't that interesting but anyhoo....

- I'm left-handed - only one in the family
- My hand writing is awful, I can't read it. However, if I write backwards I can understand it completely and it's also a lot neater...
- Because of said handwriting I have to use a word processor for everything in college, lessons, exams etc. As a result I can type ridiculously fast.
- I'm dyspraxic as well as dyslexic so I'm incredibly clumsy.
- One of my greatest achievements is my ability to avoid anything to do with Star Wars or Star Trek. Never watched, never will.
- In total, I've had 24 dogs in 17 years (including the 3 we have now.)
- I'm scared of being underground yet I can travel on the London Underground with no problems... :dizzy:
- My eyes are blue, grey, green or hazel depending on the light. They're not a mix. They change between those colours except sometimes they are blue/green.
- I can read incredibly fast, so much so that people think I've cheated but I haven't! (Example: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix = 5 hours - read it in one sitting. The Hobbit takes me between 60- 90 minutes. And if I have a day to spare, Lord of the Rings takes me about 8 hours.)
- And I have to read books in one sitting. I can't read them over a period of days. Have to read them all in one go.
- I'm obsessed with Ireland... :love:
- I want to be a helicopter when I grow up...
- I do and say completely random things.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2008 07:09
I do and say completely random things too Hraven, and I'm left'handed! My handwriting is also bad, my mom is constantly on me about how "I can't read your chickenscratch in these books!" I wish I could read that fast, the fastest I read Order of the Phoenix was two days and I read about three hours each day, give or take. That's awesome though, I'm so jealous, maybe I'd be done with The Jungle by now... :rolleyes:
FredGaelwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2008 07:51
I can watch the whole trilogy (LOTR) while drinking ale and eating a pizza...
tpkyteroo
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2009 07:21
I'm a lefty who has been accused of having gone thru med school. Score 3 for the chicken scratch writers of the world!
I participate in Scriptfrenzy and Nanowrimo when I can. (Writing a script or novel in a month).
I love to retheme other people's JavaScript games.
Graduated from college and University even though I was told I should try tech school. I had both visual and auditory dyslexia plus shaken baby syndrome that didn't even function according to the text book. I actually maintained my higher IQ, I just can't always access it. I found out that I was suppose to be of 'average' IQ at best and not capable of pulling an A-. lol Kudos to Prof. Johnson who helped me find out why my brain worked the way it does. :love:

My musical taste run the gamut from Blues to Industrial to Rock, especially German/Finnish bands like Letzte Instanz, Feindflug, Tanzwut, Ruoska, Termion Katilot and others. I'm also a Kish and 'Lu-beh' fan (Russian bands).

My other hobbies are doing Kakura, 4x4 Sudokus, Crypto-Frameworks (on the rare occasion I can find them), and other logic puzzles.
That's enough about me. What about you?
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2011 12:47
I get headaches when its about to rain for a long time
I can't remember anything I studied, but I remember bits and pieces of books I've read ten-fifteen years ago!
I can't remember yesterday, but I remember from when I was two, three, and four years old
I have severe OCD
I have lost the same teeth two-three times
My jaw was deformed and I needed surgery to fix it
I have a love/hate for rodents
I have a stuffed possum I named Wanda after my best friend
My eyes are the same color as Elizabeth Taylor
I'm afraid of snakes
I have insomnia and have my ENTIRE life (ask my parents!)
I've always been homeschooled
I have a fast metabolism and can eat ANYTHING (sweet biscuits and Cheerwine, yum!)
Like Ataralassë_Manveri, animals just come to me and I don't know why.
I'm constantly 'rescuing' stray animals, feeding them, then trying to convince my parents we 'need' them. It only worked once and only because we needed a mouser.
About it, nothing more to share
Nessa Sindanarie
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Interesting facts about yourself!
on: December 01, 2012 03:21
all i have to say about myself is:
i have an extremely complicated cultural / family background
i seem to atract creepy 'coincidences' everywhere i go....i read this book which had a strong belief of no coincidences existing, and there was this telekinetic person that made things fly off shelves, and i was reading about it when a pencilcase fell off my shelf. hhmmmm.....maybe i am just being paranoid. but a lot more creepy things have happened than that lol
''I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!'' - Bilbo Baggins of Bag End
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2012 07:03
Okay let's see....

I can't tan. (My sisters can but I just turn lobster red then if I'm lucky I get a bit of a tan.)
I don't like dogs that much, especially ones that come up from behind me. Due to getting attacked by a momma dog that was protecting her pups (I wasn't in the dog's yard but across the river)and for some stroke of luck she did not manage to sink her teeth into my back.
I love books more so than most other things. And can read when people are screaming around me. (I love ignoring people when I read)
At the age of 24 I have never dated and don't have the urge or want to do so.

Oh and I'm great at reading stuff that I like and remembering it.
I can read about 5 books at the same time and tell you what is going on in each of them.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2013 03:46
Ok um here i go
- I never get sun burnt, just tan
- I am the only granddaughter on both sides of the family
- I have 4 cousins, in about 6 and 1/2 months i will have 5!
- I have 1 dog, 5 cats, 5 fish, and 2 rabbits!
- I am home schooled
- I am the tallest one of my friends (but i am younger then most of them!) even the boys!

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2013 04:27
Uh, lets see....

-I have never broken any bones
-I'm named after my aunt that couldn't have kids. And my middle was my grandmother's (dad's mom) name, my other grandmother's (mom's mom) middle name, and my cousin's middle name!
-I have 7 siblings, 3 girls (excluding me) and 4 boys
-I am home schooled
-Our family owns somewhere around 30 chickens, 10 cats, 2 parakeets, 1 dog, and 1 fish.
-I live out in the country
-I love reading
-I'm a night owl, and because of this have a hard time getting up in the morning...*sheepish grin*
-I can bend the tops of all my fingers
-I can do the "Live long and prosper" symbol with my fingers
-I LOVE special dark chocolate

And probably more that I can't think of right no.

Three cheers for the Haradrim!

I like happy llamas frolicking like elves in fields!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Chrysanthe97
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2013 12:14
Hmmm.
-I can take things apart and put them back together again without instructions.
-I can do the Vulcan thing with both hands.
-I hardly ever get sick (except for migraines).
-I'm the only one in my family with naturaly curly hair.
-I'm also the only one who dislikes mushrooms and olives.
-I'm taller than all of my friends except for 2 (I'm a girl and the 2 who are taller than me are guys).
-I have ADD.
-I will say something and 5 minutes later won't remeber what I said (unless it was embarassing).
-I'm homeschooled
-My name means "of the sea" and I do not like swiming.
-I have scoliosis.
- I'm writing a fatasy series and a mythology series at the same time.
-I am obsesed with anything that is Percy Jackson and Lord of the Rings.

"Hercules, huh? That guy was like the Starbucks of Ancient Greece. Everywhere you turn---there he is!" ~Percy
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2013 06:42
Ok lets see...
-Im short (5 3)
- Im a writer seeking to be published
-my two best friends are on CoE
-I do archery
_I love the hunger games and LOTR
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2013 12:17
-I love Jesus
-I can knit in a silent room for hours because my brain is sufficient entertainment
-I can't handle concerts because the volume makes me feel nervous/sickish and very emotional for no apparent reason. I once got what I think was something like shell shock during a performance of Rwanden drummers, it was reallly weird.
-I spend a lot of time thinking about and trying to understand charactes on a deeper level. Most of my friends have thought I was crazy when I talk about it though.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2013 11:44
Hmmmm...lets see....
-My goal is to learn Sindarin on a speakable level (be able to hold at least a basic conversation)
-I name almost everything I own ("Once you name it, you start getting ATTACHED to it!!" -Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc.) Literally. My car's name is Molly. My iPod's name is Cole. My MacBook's name is Toby (after Toby Turner on YouTube. He's HILARIOUS!) and also after Toby Mac the Christian music artist. My home computer's name is Big Mac (he's an iMac)...the list could go on and on...
-I am an artist and am in college now for graphic design.
-I already have designed my tattoos (mostly Sindarin or LotR related),but my parents hate them with a burning passion so I do not know if I will ever get them:/
-I also love Narnia and the Hunger Games ( Peeta all the way). I also love Ted Dekker's novels. Super suspenseful and awesome.
-I come from a musical family, so I play lots of instruments: piano, acoustic guitar, violin, viola, a smidge of cello, some drums and I can sorta sing on my good days
-I'm from Buffalo, NY home of CHICKEN WINGS and FRANK'S HOT SAUCE boo yah
-When I grow up, I want to move to Middle Earth and perhaps marry Eldarion anyone remember who that is?! Hehe in my dreams.
It's sweet getting to know everyone on this site. I'm so glad I have the opportunity to learn from and share with such a diverse group of awesome people around the world
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
tookishgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2013 10:29
Hullo! Haha, lotrlessar, good to know that there are other people who know about the rest of NY (aka NOT THE CITY).

-I'm a biology student who loves learning about pretty much anything.
-My first job was in a little bitty toy store, the tales of which I have yet to record but are definitely worth writing down someday. Toys come alive at night, you know.
-The bedspread upon which I am currently perched is of my own making--first quilt ever.
-I've made my own soap before and enjoying baking my own bread when I've the time.
-I was introduced to Tolkien literature by force originally, but know of course I like it immensely.
-My super powers are requiring very little sleep and being the only one in my dorm to know how to do laundry. Go figure, right?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2013 06:04
I found more stuff to add:
I destroyed tendons in my right hand from writing so much.
I am majorly lame at bio, but good in any of my lit classes
I too am musical, but it does not run in my family what so ever!!!!!!! But I play violin and guitar.
I have probablt the worst memory in the world, and I too name everything. My iPod is Steven, my phone is Finnick (read the Hunger Games). I named this computer Haldir, even though it is owned by my entire family.
I also have an obsession with the battle of Helms Deep in The Two Towers, because one of my favorite charachters, Haldir, of course, dies. And I cry every time I watch it, embarassing anyone near me.
Im from Buffalo Home of the awful Bills!!!
And, lastly, Im a freshman in high school
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email