Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Post Rise Over Darkness
on: June 02, 2007 03:25
Okay, the ooc is up so if you want to post there to join, go ahead or pm me. Long posts are preferred, but no shorter than two paragraphs.

Amarthiel looked around as they walked, she was happy to be traveling once again. However Narfaroth, her brother, was a little less impressed. He rolled his eyes when Amarthiel and Legolas began talking about the trees and wildelife in general, which was lacking at most. They were nearing Caradhras, and fast. They had already been found by the Crebain, which was not pleasant in his opinion. He ran a hand through his short hair and walked ahead, slowing beside Gandalf.

"Gandalf, what are your plans for the Fellowship? If we are to follow you and help, I think the least you should do is share your intentions with us. I do not like walking into things blindly, if you understand my meaning," he said, his voice deeper than most Elves, being barritone. Gandalf looked at Narfaroth with a withering glance.

"Narfaroth, very well. I plan on going over the mountain, from there, go where I may," he said softly.

Narfaroth snorted slightly and fell back to the end of the line walking, watching his sister speak with Legolas. The two were animated ,which suprised NArfaroth some since his sister did not usually speak so much, nor with such enthusiasm to an indinvidual. He rolled his eyes once again and allowed his mind to wander. The whole party was getting tired and they were nearing the mountain, now at the base. They stopped briefly to rest and Narfaroth looked up, some loathing and annoyance present in his glance.

He sat down, Amarthiel had become quiet once again, no doubt planning in case something was needed they had not counted on. His glance turned to the Hobbits, then the Gondorian, followed by the Dwarf, some dislike evident strongly on his face, then to Aragorn and Gandalf who were talking to each other. Amarthiel turned to her brother.

"Narfaroth, you could try and be a little more sociable and nicer to these people. They have went through much to get here, and Frodo has still more to accomplish, possibly losing his life. Come now, try to be less like yourself and more like a kind person who actually enjoys being around new friends," she whispered, placing a hand on his shoulder.

He looked at her, staring into her intense violet eyes with an equally intense gaze of his own. His blue eyes flashed for one moment, then he sighed and sat back, closing his eyes. She looked at him, looking at his strong features, his short hair, his muscles. She then fingered her own hair, which was black. How could two children from the same perents look so different, she wondered briefly. Her head snapped up when she heard one of the other Rivendell Elves approach.

She stood and bowed, kicking Narfaroth's boot. He grunted and looked up, nodded slightly, then shut his eyes again, placing his hands behind his head. Amarthiel rolled her eyes and looked up, and apologetic look in her eyes.

"I am sorry about my brother's behaviour, he has never really been all that polite really," she said softly.
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Rise Over Darkness
on: June 02, 2007 04:30
((I'm not perfect at posting long posts but I'll try))

Zuleika, rising from her seat, had noticed the sky darken since her friends had left. She had long since seen them leave. She had always felt greatly attached to them, though she had never truly known why. They were all the kind of friends people were proud of, for they would defend each other to the death. It was hard to believe they had left her here. It had been one of those days for Zuleika, where she had wandered around in a daze, with no real need to do anything. It had been days since she had seen her friends last, and her sister had unfortuantely left with them. It was not like Zuleika missed her sister. Idrial was self-centered, and did not care if Zuleika was alive or dead.

She walked, deciding to go back home, perhaps. She came to a halt as she spotted a small party seated up ahead. It was rather peculiar to just sit down like that, if not slightly rude. She approached them carefully, trying to make out if they were friends or foes.
"I am sorry about my brother's behaviour, he has never really been all that polite really,"

Zuleika shook her head. As usual, she expected something much worse than it was.
"It is fine, really." She replied, looking up. The stranger who had spoken was a woman, though quite a different build to herself. Her hair was black, and she had piercing violet eyes, that Zuleika met with her own emerald green ones. "What brings you here, stranger?" she asked, daring to move nearer to the party.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2007 05:15
Amarthiel looked at Gandalf and he nodded slightly. She turned then to the new Elf and stood, facing her. "We are traveling on a, well, quest of sorts, to rid ourselves of a burden you might say. I am Amarthiel Elewen and this is my brother Narfaroth Maegel," she said softly.

Narfaroth opened one eye at the mention of his name and looked up, measuring the Elf that stood there. His blue eyes took in her appearance and he ran a hand through his short hair. He stood and bowed, somewhat overexaggeratedly.

"Greetings friend. I am Narfaroth Maegel as my sister pointed out, son of Elfalas o Valinor and Feataur of Rivendell. You really should join us on our travels, it could be fun, you never know," he said as he walked away, the swagger evident as ever in his step. Amarthiel shook her head, then turned once again to Zuleika.

"If you will excuse me, I must go and speak with the two men over there briefly. I shall return momentarily and then we can speak further," she said softly.

Amarthiel sat down by Aragorn and Gandalf, looking into Aragorn's eyes. He looked down, her gaze intense and unnerving to him.

"What do you two think? If she travels with us, eventually we shall have to speak of what our true purpose is, and let her know what our intentions are. Estel, Gandalf, we need a plan, and a strategy in our movements, as well as our full travels need to be taken into consideration," she said thoughtfully.

Aragorn smiled lightly when she called him by his pet name, one that she had and always would used when speaking to him.

"Amarthiel, I shall leave those points up to you and Legolas, you two are the planners in this group and the warriors so therefore you could strategize more than the rest of us. I agree though, if the maiden travels with us, we shall have to let her know of our intentions, and what is at stake if we fail," he said seriously, looking at Gandalf.

The old wizard looked throughtful, then his eyes snapped back to the two before him.

"Very well, but when she asks, you two and Legolas may explain, tis too long for me to get into details. And perhaps leave some bits out, tis best if we give the needed, not the useless," he said cryptically.

Aragorn rolled his eyes and groaned while Amarthiel nodded in agreement. She went back over the new Elf and smiled one of her rare smiles.

"Very well then, are you going to travel with us on our road, or does yours lead to other destinations. We are traveling south," she said softly. Her deep violet eyes stared intently at Zuleika.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2007 05:32
Awennen Inglorion raced on her steed. She looked back once and saw the horde still following her.
"What has brought this creatures so far from their home?" Awennen whispered. Her blue eyes were bright, determination and yet some fear showed in her eyes.

Awennen was a High Elf, she had once been a follower of Finrod, but her recent residence had been Rivendell. But now she took to traveling, she knew her time was coming when she would sail to the West and see her brother again, but there were some things that still needed doing.

Awennen knew the Ring was being taken to Mordor, but she had not intended on finding so many orcs abroad.
Finally Awennen knew it was not doing any good to keep running. She dismounted and unsheathed her long curved sword.

"If you want a fight, then come creatures!" Awennen said. But her face was so fierce that the orcs paused and stared at her for a moment. Awennen smiled.
"So, you are too afraid? Then why did you dare to chase me?" Awennen asked.

Then she lunged forward and struk the creatures. They tried to fight back, but Awennen was very fierce.
But soon the horde began to fight back, very hard. Awennen knew she couldn't keep up this alone, though now she had no choice.

Soon Awennen had many scrapes and small wounds that she alone could heal, but she had to leave now!
Awennen called for her horse and he ran over, crushing a few orcs as he rode over.

"Thank you mellon." Awennen whispered as she mounted.
Her horse charged away, leaving the small band of orcs to stare after her.
Awennen felt weak after all that fighting and eventually found a place she could hopefully rest.

She tended her wounds, soon they were all cleaned and wrapped, but still she was weary. Awennen let her silver hair down from the single braid. Awennen laid down on the green grass, she hoped to be able to rest for only a few moments.

As she laid there her face seemed pale and soft, her hands her folded across her chest and she soon fell into an alert rest.
Her ears could hear every sound, she was not quite asleep.
Then she picked up the sound of voices, she opened one eye and looked around.

Then Awennen sat up and looked over in the direction, some people were not far from her. Awennen could feel something greatly evil, but it was not the people, it was something they possesed.
"The Ring." Awennen whispered.

Awennen rose to her feet, her head swam for a moment, but she felt alright. Then she felt something running down her cheek. She touched it and looked at her fingers. A little bit of blood was on the tip of her finger.
Awennen sighed, her face had been scratched as well.

She wiped the scratch with her cloak, she watched the people for a moment, then decided that she had been chosen to go with them, so she should just go on her own way.
Awennen sat back down, she leaned against a tree and soon her eyes closed and she fell asleep again. Why should she bother the fellowship with her own problems?

(someone can find her there)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2007 06:30
Zuleika looked in wonder at the party. They seemed like a close-knit group. She watched Amarthiel carefully, until she turned to Zuleika again.
"Very well then, are you going to travel with us on our road, or does yours lead to other destinations. We are traveling south,"

Zuleika hesitated. Idrial had warned her about travelling with strangers, and had made her promise to stay at home and not follow her friends. Zuleika ignored this. She would not be travelling with strangers, once she got to know these people.
"Very well." she smiled. "I shall join you." her heart ached at breaking her promise, but it would surely be worth it?

A sudden sound of horse hooves, however, diverted her attention from them. A woman dismounted the horse, and lay on the grass. Zuleika sensed she had just encountered some trouble, but did not feel she should involve herself. Her father had always said not to grow attached to anyone, incase they let her down. Regardless, Zuleika was unsure of the woman's health. She did not take her eyes from the woman.
"I shall be back, mellon." she said to Amarthiel. "I must tend to something."
She left the party, and jogged toward the woman. She looked down upon her.
"Are you well?" she asked, her eyes showing deep concern.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2007 06:50
Amarthiel cocked her head slightly to the side and watched Zuleika carefully. She saw the other Elf maiden that had arrived on a horse. She walked over to Aragorn and Gandalf, her face creased with worry.

"What should we do to help her? She seems to have suffered some battle before coming, I would imagine orcs, being so close to them and all. We also need to get moving on our own road as well, lest we are found by some others who will not help us," she said quietly.

She looked around, her eyes narrowed slightly as she surveyed the surroundings. Her violet eyes flashed with suprise, then she looked at them.

"The mountain is calm, we should go now, before a storm strikes up and blocks our only way to the south. Come on Gandalf, you know as well as I that the mountain practically has a mind of its own," she said, slightly irritated.

Aragorn nodded and got up, startling Frodo, who had bee nstroknig something that was around his neck. Amarthiel bent down, staring into his eyes intently.

"Come Ringbearer, tis time to move on now, we may not linger any more than we must, our trail is hotly persued at the moment and I would rather not be captured at the moment," she said quietly, offering her hand to him.

He took it and she helped him up. Narfaroth looked around, seeing Gimli standing near him and he moved over descreetly. Sam looked around, a slightly dazed, confused look on his face.

"Never in all my days Mister Frodo, did I expect to travel with so many Elves," he said, fileld with awe slightly. Legolas and Amarthiel laughed, but Amarthiel's laughter as forced.

"Nay Little Hobbit, if you think this is many Elves, you should have been here during the battles of the First Age, and during the LAst Alliance. Now there is a group of Elves," Amarthiel said softly.

Legolas looked up at the mountain and smiled. He stepped forward, catching up with Gandalf. Amarthile walked back to where Zuleika and the new Elf were.

"If you need help, I am here to offer it. My name is Amarthiel Elewen, and the Elf up there with the short hair is my brother, Narfaroth Maegel. Do not look to him for help, I am afraid he is too vain and arrogant for that. We are going up Caradhras, if you wish to journey with us," she said softly.

She rolled her shoulders and stood up straight, her full height of 6'7" now noticable. She shook her head, getting her hair out of her eyes, then smiled briefly, if you could call the slight twitch of her lips a smile.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2007 07:13
Awennen was surprised to see so many elf maidens. She stood up and looked at them, she was the tallest, being a High Elf. Her bright eyes looked at them.

"I do not think it is my place to go with you, but I can see you are heading to Lorien, which happens to be my destination at this time, so I think I will follow you until you reach Lorien." Awennen said.

Then she relazed she had not yet introduced herself.
"I am Awennen Inglorion of Rivendell." she said with a bow.
Then she followed the two maidens towards the rest of the group, though she distanced herself. She did not want to become involved with people carrying such a burden.

She stayed away from the group, hoping no one would ask her why she was there, she was not even sure.
Then she noticed the elf Narfaroth was also trying to stay away from the group. She wondered what bothered him.

Don't get involved, or you'll be sorry. Awennen tried to tell herself, but her curiosity overruled.
She walked over to Narfaroth.
"Aiya, Im Awennen Inglorion." Awennen said, slipping into Elvish.

She didn't expect him to respond, but she thought she'd be a little friendly. Then she looked around at the fellowship. One hobbit seemed to look around at the elves in awe, and when he saw Awennen he seemed to stare at her for a moment, then looked away.

Awennen quickly braided her silver hair as she walked. Then she sighed sadly. She missed her brother, Gildor. He was alreayd in the West with many of her friends. She had chosen to stay behind, but it ended up being a very sad time.

After they left she became very solemn, very unlike her normal self. She rarely laughed and often found that she was chasing or being chased by some of Sauron's creatures.
The War was changing her, and she disliked it.

Then she turned to Narfaroth. "You should be glad that you are not separated from your sister. You have no reason to act the way you are acting." Awennen said softly. Then she bowed her head and took a few long strides ahead of him.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2007 07:40
Zuleika gave a smile to Awennen. Both Awennen and Amarthiel were much taller than she was, and in some way, this was quite belittling, literally. She walked back to the group, still in the daze she had been in in the morning, only now she was in the prescence of The Ring, and this dulled her thoughts a little. However, Zuleika did not let this spoil her mood.

Back with the group, she noticed Awennen speak to Narfaroth, before rejoining the group. She caught a snippet of what Awennen said to him:
"You should be glad that you are not separated from your sister. You have no reason to act the way you are acting."

Zuleika thought about this. She understood entirely. Narfaroth was lucky he had a sister that cared about him, and did things with him. Idrial would never let Zuleika even think about adventure. Oh, if only she could see her now!

Narfaroth seemed like a truly depressing person, but she felt she should introduce herself. She approached him, and gave him an honest smile, which was rare in her case.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2007 07:58
Narfaroth looked at Awennen somewhat suprised, raisig an eyebrow. He then looked Zuleika as well. "Awennen Inglorion, I am glad my sister is not separated from me, wh ywould you think I was not? I love my sister, she is my best friend, and in cases ,my only friend. I see no reason for keeping friends, most poepl I think would call it stringing them along, if you understand," he said with a wink, then walked off. Amarthiel heard him and she paled, glaring at him. She sighed and walked with Legolas and Aragorn, Gandalf was ahead of all of them. Narfaroth turned to Zuleika.

"Hello, you know my name, now what is yours. And don't think of me as a depressing person, think of me as, smart alec and annoyingly handsome, that is what everyone else does," he stated, his eyes flashing with teasing and he flashed a smile, then walked up to his sister. Amarthiel hit him in the arm, whic hdid nothing, his muscles well developed. She glaered at him witheringly. He looked suprised and hurt, throwing his hands up in the air, acting innocent. She glared at him once more, her violet eyes warning him. SHe hit ihm again.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2007 08:22
Awennen smiled a little at him, she wasn't surprised at the way he was acting, and she didn't really care anyway.
As she walked her eyes and ears were alert, listening for any sounds. She could hear everything around them.

Then as she walked she wandered a little ways from the group. She could still see them, but she was just not interested.
She looked out at the land before her feet. She closed her eyes and imagined herself across the Sea with her brother. She could almost smell the sea water.

Then she opened her eyes and the smell was gone and she was back at the Caradhras.
"I'll be back soon Gildor, I'll really do miss you. You should see all these orcs that think they can kill me. I have many stories to tell you." Awennen whispered to the wind.

Then she bowed her head. "Now look at me, I'm so lonely I'm speaking to myself." Awennen said sadly.
Then she turned around and saw the group was getting farther away.

She glanced once more at the far off places, then she began to follow the fellowship again.
As she walked she saw Zuleika, she began to walk beside her.
"Aiya, I suppose I must thank you for finding me, though I doubt I would have been hurt if I was left. I haven't had a friend for a long time." Awennen said with a slight smile.

"My brother left for the West a long time ago. With all my friends. He wanted me to come, but I wouldn't. Now mylife is filled with wars and fighting and protecting myself. I'm quite a different person." Awennen said sadly.

But then she looked up at Zuleika. "What about you? Do you have a family?" Awennen asked, not wishing to go on about her own life, it was too hard.
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2007 09:09
Zuleika smiled at Narfaroth.
"My name is Zuleika, sire." Zuleika replied, and watched him and his sister as they messed around up ahead. She hung back, still in a daze. In her amazment, Awennen began to speak to her, her words doft and moving:
"My brother left for the West a long time ago. With all my friends. He wanted me to come, but I wouldn't. Now mylife is filled with wars and fighting and protecting myself. I'm quite a different person." Awennen said sadly.

But then she looked up at Zuleika. "What about you? Do you have a family?" Awennen asked, not wishing to go on about her own life, it was too hard.

"Ai!" Zuleika sighed. "I have a family of sorts. My mother has sailed, and my father is dead. The last of my family is my sister Idrial, who I no longer class as a sister."
She looked up, and saw Awennen full of curiosity.
Laughing, Zuleika carried on. "My sister has travelled far, because she claims she cannot cope with 'the solitude of Imladris'." she looked to the horizon distantly. "I always pitied her for thinking such strange thoughts." She looked back at Awennen. "Unlike yourself, my sister left me at home, and did not give me a choice. My life is never filled with excitement, unless i make it happen myself." she sighed. "My only friend who has not left with Idrial is Bellethiel, my oldest friend. She dwells in Lorien now."
Zuleika blushed.
"Oh my." She laughed nervously. "Perhaps I've said too much."
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2007 01:04
If either of you wants to be one of the fellowship, you can take over if you wish. I am going to continue to be Gandalf.

Amarthiel walked with Gandalf at the head of the line, Narfaroth to her right. He heaved a heavy sigh and picked up a handful of snow, packed it hard, and stopped. He waited until she was ahead of him, then aimed right at her back. He caught her offguard, knocking her inot the snow. She got up, glaring at him with a look that truely could have killed. He held his hands up, stepping back. Her violet eyes darkened some and she narrowed her eyes, glaring at him. She turned around, walking off. Gandalf smiled and laughed.

"Narfaroth Maegel, when are you going to learn to simply leave her alone. You do not have to provoke her at every chance you get, you do that naturally, you really do not have to try. Do be nicer to her Narfaroth, she is a good warrior and strong. I do not want to be keeper of peace, because if that is the case, I shal lsimply allow her to beat some sense into you, which sall no doubt happen if you keep it up," he remarked.

Narfaroth raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. HE walked over to Amarthiel. "Ama, I am sorry. Please forgive me for my, insolent behaviour and childish actions. I will try to behave from this moment on, try, not succeed mind you," he said devillishly.

She shook her head and shoved him out of the way, continuing to walk by Gandalf.

"Mithrandir, when we get to the mountain, which road are we to take? I see danger on any we take from here, one leading to deaths and suffering if we so choose. What is you plan?," she quiestioned softly. He smiled, his eyes twinkling, and pointed vaugely.

"That is our destination, road, and path that we are taking," he said cryptically.

Her lips quirked, but otherwise kept still. She sighed and looked on, checking back on the Hobbits. She saw Frodo fall and Boromir pick the ring up. She tensed, knowing ful lwell that he wanted the ring desperately. She put her hand to her side, pulling her sword out some.

Legolas looked at her, warning her not to do something she would regret. She let go, putting the sword back. When Frodo had the ring again, they continued onward through the snow that got increasingly deeper as they went.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2007 01:38
Awennen watched the scene when Boromir picked up the Ring. She was cautious, she knew what he was feeling.
After the little accident she began walking beside Aragorn.
She smiled at him, but didn't say anything.

"May I ask what you were fighting back there when we met you?" Aragorn asked.
"Some orcs. I hadn't thought they would be so close to the Caradhras. But those foul creatures seem to follow me everywhere." Awennen said sadly.

"They seem to be moving a lot, and that troubles me. I knew your brother for a time, but for some reason I never met you." Aragorn said.
"I was oft out and about. I had plans to leave with Gildor for the West, so I was often going about, saying good bye to things. But when it came time to leave, I couldn't. Now I wiah I had left...I miss him so much." Awennen explained.

Aragorn nodded. "But you have plans to leave soon. I can see your desire of the Sea." Aragorn said.
"I want to, but getting there seems to be taking a long time. I wish to stay in Lorien for a while, then I shall leave. I hope so anyway, but the Valar may have other plans for me, they always do." Awennen said with a slight smile.

Aragorn smiled as well. "You are welcome to travel with us as much as you like. I do not think the road ahead will be easy, but at least we shall reach there. And I am glad to be in the presence of strong warriors." Aragorn said.
Awennen laughed. "Do you not count yourself a strong warrior, Aragorn? You should not doubt yourself Heir of Isildur." Awennen said, she sounded serious when she spoke of Isildur.

Aragorn sighed. "But am I strong enough? I fear I am not." Aragorn whispered. "Do not doubt yourself, the fellowship needs strength now, not doubt." Awennen said wisely.
Aragorn nodded and smiled a little.
Then they both walked on, speaking about matters concerning the elves and dunedine.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2007 10:24
Amarthiel saw Aragorn and Awennen talking to each other. She looked around and saw that Narfaroth was walking alone off to the side. She shook her head, then focused on the road. It was beginning to snow, and hard. Legolas was standing up on a snow embankment, looking out through the sheets of snow that fell.

"There is a fell voice on the air!" "It's Saruman!"

Then a small avalanche fell, all of them pressing against the rock. Gandalf said some words, but the other voice overpowered him. Another avalanche fell, but this one was larger. Amarthiel had been closer to the edge and looking out, thinking she saw orcs down below them, but the snow was thick and she could not be sure. Legolas had grabbed her arm and pulled her as close to the rock as they could get when it fell.

They were all buried under the snow and it took a few moments to get up. She burst up, spitting snow out and sucking air into her lungs. Legolas and Narfaroth were next, followed by everyone else. Narfaroth put a hand on Amarthiel, checking to make sure she was alright. She nodded and he dug his way out. He shook his head, his short golden red hair loosing the white flakes that had clung to it.

Amarthiel brushed a hand through hers, looking to Gandalf. He and Frodo were discussing what to do. She then heard the words and cringed visibly. "We will go through the mines." Legolas placed a hand on her arm, looknig at her uncertainly. She shook her head and stepped away.

"Well, if we are to get to Moria, we should leave now. It is getting too close to dusk and I would not wish to travel in this at night," she said.

Gandalf nodded and they made their way back down the mountain. The snow lessened until it was only a few inches, then nonexistant. The group walked for a long time, then reached the pool at the gates of Moria. Amarthiel shuddered, she knew what lurked down there in the abandoned mines, and she did not wish to journey there. Narfaroth looked around, a slightly amused expression on his face.

"Well, I daresay this looks quite cheery. Nice place to settle down, live out the rest of my days and all that. I do hope we have some adventure, I am getting quite bored. Would kill for a smal lgroup of orcs to cross through at the moment," he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

Gandalf looked annoyed and Amarthiel shook her head, while Legolas just stared at him incrediously. Gandalf pointed to the path, their road, and Amarthiel groaned. She wished someone would begin laughing, say it was all a jest and they were not going through the mines, but not one of them spoke.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2007 11:14
Awennen let out a sigh, this was a bad idea. She could sense something was going to happen, but what it was she was not sure.
When she heard what Narfaroth said, she wished she could have knocked the side of his head. Even if he was being sarcastic, it was no time for that sort of nonesense.

Awennen walked on slowly, quickly falling behind the group. She wondering if maybe now would be a good time to leave the group. She could make her way to Lorien throughh Rohan instead of risking her life in the mines, unlike the rest of the fellowship.

"Stay with them, they'll need your aid before the end." Her heart told her. And Awennen knew she couldn't leave yet.
But she dreaded the mines, having gone through them once before, she had lived in Eregion when she was very young. She loved the place, and despaired when the Shadow covered it in darkness.

She had met many dwarves there at one time, and had become particualary fond of one dwarf named Koilin.
He was young in dwarf standards, and therefore very cocky. She would laugh at his antics, and he would delight in making her smile. But she knew that the young dwarf had been killed in the mines of Moria.

Awennen sighed sadly, and one of the young hobbits looked up at her curiously. "What are you sad about, my lady?" Merry asked. Awennen smiled sadly at him.
"The Mines are a fearful place. I have been there before, and sad memories fill my mind. I lost a Dwarf friend there years ago." Awennen said.

Merry looked up in surprise. "Dwarf friend? I thought elves did not like dwarves." Merry said.
"That is true my young friend, but the dwarf I knew was very kind to me. I do not get along well with all dwarves, but he was a good dwarf." Awennen said.

Merry seemed satisfied with that answer, but he seemed a little nervous about going into the mines now.
Awennen looked ahead at the elf siblings. She wondered if they feared the same thing.
"These is a dark road ahead of us." Awennen whispered.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2007 09:28
The group came to the gates of Moria and stopped. Gandalf walekd up to the doors, looking for them and trying to remember the words to open them. Amarthiel sat down and sighed, her hood now up, covering her face. She looked out through the night, her violet eyes piercing the darkness, gleamnig with the light of the moon.

She saw the doors become outlined and she remembered those times she had passed through. Narfaroth lounged on a rock, looking bored and a little annoyed. Frodo walked up to Gandalf, then looked at the doors. He stodo in contemplation, thinking of what the answer to the riddle could be. Amarthiel heard the smack of a stone on water and she wheeled around, her eyes looking to Merry and Pippin.

Both were standing by the water, stones in hand, ripples sent out over the smooth glassy surface. She saw Aragorn pull them back and reprimand them. Then Frodo asked Gandalf the Elvish word for friend. She looked up, and both she and Legolas, as wel las her brother all said under their breath "mellon". The doors opened with some grinding and resistance. Then they walked in and she sensed before Boromir voiced his observations.

"My word, thsi is no hall, tis not even a cave, tis a burial chamber! Bodies, everywhere, Valar help us through these dark days we are abotu to travel in here. This is awful," she thought, looking around.

Legolas pulled an arrow out and looked disgusted, throwing it away.

"Goblins"

He held his bow at the ready and Amarthiel looked into the darkness, holding her bow as well. The group got out, only for Frodo to be puleld into the water by the Watcher. Legolas shot it and the group hurried into the mines, having no choice now. Amarthiel barely made it inside before the rocks crashed down. Her ankle was clipped and she stumbled, quickly catchnig herself and righting her.

She walekd over and Gandalf lit his staff.

"We now have but one choice, we must go through the mines. It's a three day journey o the other side. Quietly now, there are older, more fouler things than orcs in the deep places of the world," he said. Amarthiel shuddered, knowing full well what he meant.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2007 10:57
Awennen frowned. They were now trapped in the mines, this was worse then she had imagined, and she had a good imagination.

"Ai Valar, why did I follow them in here?" Awennen asked the dark ceiling. Then she looked ahead and began to follow the group, for now she had no choice.

She looked back at the other maiden, Zuleika. "Have you ever been in the Mines, friend?" She asked. She wasn't really all that curious, but she did not want to seem rude or unfriendly.
Then she looked back and forth at the skeletons that lay scattered.

"My friend died here. I hope he did not suffer long, nor have to fear long. I used to live in Eregion and had many dealings with dwarves, though only one did I become friends with. Now he lays dead in these halls." Awennen said to Zuleika.

Awennen stopped everytime she heard a sound. Memories of the last time she had gone through the Mines erupted in her mind. Everything echoed. Her eyes darted around. She wasn't as afraid for her own life as she was for the others. They were in more danger than herself.

Soon they came to a halt. Three pathes were before them, and Gandalf could not remember which way was the right way.
Awennen sat down on some stairs and stared around at the great stone halls. Being trapped underground was not her idea of a greta adventure, for though the great skill of the dwarves in making anything out of stone amazed her, she found it hard to believe anyone could live like this.

Awennen shivered and closed her eyes. She pictured in her mind a place of peace and safety, her brother smiled at her as he stood upon a high green hill. He called to her and Awennen wanted to run towards him, but she told him that her journey in Arda was not finished, and though he seemed sad he nodded his head in agreement.
"The Valar have plans for you. They know how strong you are, but stay safe, dear sister. And return in one piece." Gildor said to her.

Then Awennen heard a sound and her eyes flew open. She looked back and forth, no one seemed ready to leave yet.
Gandalf was still comtemplating on which way to go.
Awennen sighed and gazed out at the stone again, she would get out of these Mines and reach Lorien, and from there she would go home to her brother.

Little did she know, those plans would be altered.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2007 09:16
Amarthiel looked around, pulling her cloak closer to her body for comfort. She hated being underground, but even more, she hated being in these mines. She knew what lurked there, and she knew that they were to suffer much before they made it through. Gandalf stood up, looknig pleased.

"Ah, it's that way." "He's remembered!" "No, but the air doen't smell so fould down here. If ever in doubt, Meriadoc, always follow your nose."

She stood up, stretching her back out, which was beginning to stiffen from sitting so long. She stodo by her brother, only a four inches shy of his 6'9" stature. He looked over at her, an eyebrow raised in his annoyingly cocky way.

"So, Ama, what do you think we shal lfind here? I mean, you know as well as the wisest of us here what lurks in the deep caverns and mines of Moria. Do you think we shall encounter it?," he asked softly.

She looked at him, pullnig him back to the end of the line, allowing everyone else to pass them. She rounded on him, glaring angrily at him.

"Narfaroth! Do not dare to utter even the name of the beast you refer to! yes, the wisest of us do knwo what lurks, but still, do not mention the beast, not here, not now, not ever!," she lowered her voice even more, to a barely audible whisper," Narfaroth, I know not for certain, but I have a feeling we shall meet the beast ere we pass to the other side unnoticed, which shall not happen. Silence your tongue brother, I want none to know, but we are to be found, several times, ere we pass through the mines and get back onto our path. Now keep quiet, tis saddening and I would rather not know myself," she whispered dangerously to him.

Narfaroth looked at her curiously. "My dear sister, you do know of what is to happen, or at least you feel it. Come now, you wish to not know what is to happen? That is folly, for it in inevitable, break your name down from its original form. What does it mean, doom daughter. That should tel lyou somethnig," he said, walking off.

She growled in reply and threw a death glare his way, then walked up to where Gandalf was. She looked back and saw Legolas and Aragorn, the Hobbits, her brother, Zuleika, Gimli, and Awennen. She then heard something she would have rather not at all.

"Behold, the Dwarf city of Dwarrowdelf."

Gandalf lit his staff more, shining light onto the city. Gimli looked around in amazement, then ran off for a room. Gandalf turned, calling to the dwarf without response.
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2007 05:17
((I'm sorry I've not posted. I've been away))

Zuleika took light steps, uncomfortable of being in these unknown surroundings. It had been a long time since she had truly left home, and she had never remembered places like this. Nevertheless, she felt somewhat duty bound to stay. She looked at Awennen, who looked as worried as she felt, to Amarthiel and her brother. It seemed unanimous that there was something to fear, but no-one seemed to want to admit thier fear. Zuleika tumbled slightly, and her gasp of shock rang through the entire mine.
"I hate this" she mumbled. She was not a pessimistic person, but she was prepared to be, if this journey got ay worse.
"Behold, the Dwarf city of Dwarrowdelf."

Zuleika walked closer to Gandalf, daring to take a look at this 'city'. It was quite a reasonable place, much less damp than where she stood at the moment. She gave a small smile, the tiny glimmer of hope in her eyes.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2007 08:09
It's alright Marnalossiel.

BIC:
Amarthiel looked around, seeing everyone standing so erect. She could feel the tension eminating from LEgolas and even Gandalf, which scared her some. SHe followed the Dwarf Gimli into the room and she uttered a gasp, her eyes widening. She shut them and then opened them again, looking around. She was pressed back against a column, looking around in awe and fear. Narfaroth startled her and suprised her by placing an arm around her shoulder, then he pulld her into a hug.

"Ama, do not fear, nothnig wil lattack us I think. We are a large group and it would be folly to do so," he said softly. The siblings hair mingled, one black, one deep red, nearly brown. Narfaroth ran a hand shakily through his short hair.

"Nar, this is different than any time traveling through a place. You keep forgetting what lies in wait here, what truely lives here, what was the real reason for the destruction here. You keep forgetting the one thing that truely frightens any Elf, Man, Dwarf, and race in Middle Earth," she whispered quietly, Narfaroth's ears straining to hear her.

He nodded and hugged her again, then stepped back as a loud crash sounded. Amarthiel jumped and spun around, seeing the Hobbit with the surename Took. Gandalf glared at him.

"Fool of a Took, next time throw yourself in and rid us of your stupidity!"

Amarthiel glared icily at the Hobbit, but said naught. Then she heard something that chilled her to the bone. It fit the passage Gandalf had just read to them.

"Drums, drums in the deep," she murmured, quietly.

Boromir ran to the door and began shutting it but he was nearly hit with an arrow.

"They have a cave troll."

The door was shut and barred. Amarthiel stood by her brother and Legolas, waiting. She had her sword out, ready to fight. Everyone was tense and stiff. She looked over at Awennen and Zuleika.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2007 11:55
Awennen had followed everyone in quietly. She could hear her heart beating, she was very afraid. What if they awoke....no, it was folly to fear.

Moments later Peregrin Took dropped the skeleton down the well, and the drums in the deep began their ominous beat.
Awennen unseathed her long, curved sword. In the dim light it seemed to shine with a cold, terrible light.

The goblins began trying to break through, Awennen glanced over at Amarthiel, Awennen could tell that Amarthiel also knew what lay here.
But Awennen decided to chanel her fear into anger and destroy the enemies that had found them.

When the cave troll broke in, so did many goblins. She focused on the goblins, but kept a wary eye on the cave troll.
Awennen fought fiercely. Her eyes seemed to glow with a deadly light, and her silver hair fell from the braid and framed her face.

Then she heard someone shout her name, and she looked over but then gasped when she heard the roar of the cave troll. The cave troll swung his chain and it hit Awennen.
Awennen flew across the room and slammed into a wall and then fell to the ground.

Awennen laid there, trying to prevent herself from falling into unconsciousness, but she could not stay awake.
She heard the fight still raging, she could feel the hilt of her sword still laying on the palm of her hand.

"Ai, what a place to end life." she whispered. She did not expect anyone to help her if they got the oppurtunity to run, and she really didn't want them to stay. They had to leave, they wouldn't worry, and thats what she thought was best.

Then her light blue eyes closed and she fell unconscious.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2007 06:37
Gandalf told them to flee in the doorway on the far side of the room just as the troll was destroyed. Amarthiel looked aorund, uncertain, then she ran from them to where Awennen was. Narfaroth stared after his sister but did disobey Gandalf. Legolas followed after Amarthiel.

"Amarthiel, come we need to go now, Gandalf said we must move on, more orcs are coming now, we must go!," he siad urgently. She shookd him off of her arm and walekd to Awennen, picking her up. She turned to Legolas.

"Lead the way, mellon nin. You lead and I shal lfollow, I promise," she said softly. HE nodded and they made their way down, the last out of the room.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2007 09:23
(this seems to be slowing down, I'll get it a bit more exciting)

Awennen opened her eyes after a while. She looked around, they were rushing down one of the stone halls.
She shivered when she remembered what happened, then she looked at who was carrying her.

"Put me down, mellon nin." She whispered. When she was on her feet she only felt unsteady for a moment.
Then she heard familiar screeching and looked around.
Goblins were climbing down out of the ceiling.

The Fellowship stood huddled together. Those who had weapons held them high and ready to destroy the beasts.
When Awennen reached for her sword she realized it had been left in the room.

She looked back towards the room and saw a fiery light coming from it. Her eyes widened with a knowing fear.
"We've awakened it." She whispered.

In moments the goblins scrambled back to their holes.
"Run!" Awennen shouted. She did not think twice about her lost sword. She could get another when they came to Lorien.
As they continued to run she kept an eye on the hobbits, making sure they wouldn't lag behind or get lost.

Fear drove her forward, a fear that she had once encountered before and had no wish to encounter again.
Then they came to the Bridge of Khazad Dum. Awennen did not cross until she had seen all the hobbits across.

Then she looked back into the darkness and saw it, the Balrog.
She then raced across the bridge, waiting on the other side for the others to come. Watching the hobbits and making sure they remained safe.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2007 01:08
Amarthile stared wide-eyed at the shadow creature wreathed in flame. She let out a small whimper, not of fear, but of helplessness. She knew they could not defeat it. She did not cross all the way, but stayed behind. Gandalf began walking back to the bridge and she followed him, raising her sword. She heard Legolas tell ehr no, Narfaroth made a usless grab for her arm.

"Amarthiel, stay back. I must do this alone, you are to go with Aragorn. It is not your place to die here. Go!," Gandalf commanded.

She turned, but did not go al lthe way. She stood on the bridge and watched the fight ensue. She gasped when Gandalf fell. She heard Frodo cry but she did not follow. She saw Aragorn run and she followed, but not before a goblin arrow found home in her back. She bit back a cry and ran out, pushing herself before she got another.

She emerged into the sunlight, seeing everyone looking so forlorn. Narfaroth stood in a daze, staring at the ground. She looked over the plains toward Lorien for she knew Aragorn would take them there. Then she heard him speak. She turned, wincing as the arrow protested. She quickly ducked behind a rock and pulled the arrow out of her back, biting back a cry of pain.

She tossed the arrow away and warpped a bandage around her,tying it off. She walked back out and looked at Aragorn. She winced when he patted her on the back.

"Come, help me get them moving. We need to make for Lorien," he said softly. She grinned.

"How did I know you were going to take us to Lorien? I wll, come on then," she said strained. Her back falred and she closed her eyes, feigning dizziness. Soon they were up and ready to leave.
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2007 05:12
Zuleika watched the madness with little emotion. She was not one to sense too much, she never panicked too much. Looking ahead, she could see light. Escape had never seemed so beautiful.
"Amarthiel, stay back. I must do this alone, you are to go with Aragorn. It is not your place to die here. Go!,"

Zuleika followed the Fellowship away, keeping her eye on Amarthiel. She truly worried about her.

She sat down once they escaped, her hair sticking to her face with sweat, and a light tear falling from her face. She looked to the horizon.
"At least we shall arrive in Lorien soon." Zuleika whispered under her breath. She sensed the party move, and forced her body up again.
"I only hope we arrive before we lose someone else." she sighed, looking back into the mine.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2007 08:38
Awennen watched quietly as Gandalf fell. She had known when they entered that danger would befall them, but this was a disaster.

When they came out of the mines she sighed with relief, and she was glad to see Lorien ahead.
As they began on their way Awennen kept to herself again. She had a plan in her mind, she would get a sword from Lorien and then make for the Grey Havens, with her luck she would run into some beasts along the way.

But in her heart she knew this was not to be, though she tried not to think on it.
Then ahead of her one of the hobbits stumbled and she caught his arm. He was young Peregrin. He looked very sad.

"Stay strong, little friend. We have a long way yet." Awennen said kindly.
Pippin sniffed and wiped his nose on his sleeve.
"I always used to think Gandalf was bossy and bothersome, but now I miss him." Pippin said sadly.

Awennen knelt down so she was eye level. "Everything will turn out right, Peregrin. Just you wait." Awennen said with a slight smile.
Pippin nodded then continued on his way. Awennen stood and watched them a little before walking on.

At that moment she decided to continue following them, even out of Lorien. She felt like she needed to take care of the younger hobbits, Merry and Pippin. They seemed so helpless in such a big world.

"Alright, I'll stay. I promise to return to the West soon, Gildor. But I'm not through yet." She whispered. Then she began following them.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2007 10:08
Amarthiel caught her brother staring at her, his eyes narrowed slightly. She turned away from him and looked at the ground, it suddenly becoming the most interesting thing in the world. Frodo looked at her and walked ot her side, putting a hand on her arm.

"Amarthiel, when we stop again, I am going to look at your wound. Do not protest! I saw you get shot with that arrow in Moria, you should have Aragorn look at it," he said, seeing her glare at him.

He smiled and walked ahead to Aragorn, keeping quiet and not saying anything. Narfaroth fell into atep with her and smiled.

"Ah, I see I am not the only one to watch you get hit then, hmm? He is right, no do not look so shocked, I know what I am saying and he is. You cannot go and hide that, someone will eventually have to look at it. Now which will you choose?," he said teasingly, smiling when he saw her wince slightly as she considered her options.

She gasped in pain when she moved to the wrong side, the wound pulling. She bit back a cry and swallowed, continuing on. She pressed on, bypassing Narfaroth. She walked off to the side of the group, alone and thinking heavily. She felt empty and she knew why. Gandalf had mantored her as well as many of the people in Rivendell. She felt lost without him as she knew a few others did as well.
michele
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2007 05:10
The call had gone out for the Guard to report to Haldir, to go stop and interrogate the tresspassers approaching through the Northern border of the Wood.
The scouts had been very specific about the members of the group: 2 men, a dwarf, 4 Hobbits and 5 elves.
Eluvaethor thought this to be a strange combination of races, but it was not his place to question the scouts; they reported to Haldir alone.

He grabbed his quiver of arrows and his bow and, hoisting them over his shoulder, went to join the other elves.

The Guard moved out, heading northward with haste. They spread out, but kept close enough to communicate without words. As they reached the vicinity of the intruding travellers, they drew their arrows and loaded their bows. Though Eluvaethor was a perfectly competant archer, he prefered the decieving harmlessness of the quarterstaff. But now was not the time for that. The Guards if Lorien were first and formost archers, and they descended upon the travellers with bows drawn.

They took the group by surprise. The dwarf, who had been boasting about how alert he always was looked most disgruntled, while the Hobbits had looks of unguarded fear on their faces.

Eluvaethor kept his arrow aimed at the short fat Halfling. Though the Hobbit hardly looked dangerous, and a wisp of his own silver hair was hanging in his face, tickling him, Eluvaethor kept his focus, both with hand and eye.

Haldir spoke quickly with one of the men, then gave the signal for the elves to lower their bows. He gave the command for them to blindfold the tresspassers, lest they see the true way into Lothlorien.

Then the Guard escorted the group into the heart of the Wood. Eluvaethor brought up the rear, wandering why Haldir and more importantly, Galadriel and Celeborn, were allowing these strangers in Lothlorien, but he didn't voice these thoughts.

Once in the shadows of the flets in the Mallorn trees, Haldir turned to Eluvaethor and the rest of the Guard. "You may take your leave." Eluvaethor gave a nod of thanks and retreated to his tallon, high up in an ancient Mallorn.

Meanwhile, Haldir led the group of strangers up to where Galadriel and Celeborn dwelt.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2007 11:00
Narfaroth bristled at the Elves holding them there but he did nothing. When they said that the group was to be blindfolded, Amarthiel's face fell, replacing her excitement with sorrow. She had hoped to see the beauty of the wood in its glory, but it was not to be.

She saw the Elf who held his arrow at Sam and wondered briefly who he was. She recognized Haldir from descriptions she had heard of him. When they followed Haldir to Galadriel and Celeborn's dwellings, Amarthiel felt an overwhelming sense of peace and beauty. Narfaroth's eyes widened, but gave away no other emotion.

Legolas watched Amarthiel curiously. She then put up the barrier she had allowed to fall, her eyes unreadable, her face calm and expressionless. Narfaroth noted the change and wondered what brought it on. The Lord and Lady stood before them, Galadriel reading their faces and thoughts.

Amarthiel felt Galadriel look at her and then heard her voice. She blushed but showed no other signs of emotion. Narfaroth wondered what was said but continued his air of disinterest. Amarthiel looked into Galadriel's eyes, her violet ones looking into her clear blue eyes. Galadriel then told them they could rest.

When they reached where they were to be resting she dropped to the ground, further away from the rest of them. They were in their talans, she was sharing one with Aragorn, Legolas, her brother, Boromir, Aewennen, and Zuleika. Amarthiel immediately removed herself from the talan and settled herself on a branch, balancing on it and folding her hands behind her head. That was where she rested.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2007 02:21
Awennen calmly followed the group bildnfolded. She had been to Lorien many times and could walk around blindfolded anyway. She knew they would spend enough time to wander around the golden trees anyway.

After speaking with Galadriel then being settled in a talan Awennen wandered away from the group.
She walked among the trees and through the golden land. She wished she could speak with Haldir, but he was busy. She was good friends with Haldir and hadn't spoken to him for so long.

"Ah well, I have lost connections with most my friends since you left Gildor. I've been wandering alone." Awennen whispered sadly.

Then she stopped and sat down, she felt ridiculous. She was speaking to the air, not her brother. Her brother was far away, over the seas with all her friends. He could not hear her.

Awennen ran her fingers through her silver hair, she sighed as she remember meeting the one she loved here. He had been a strong warrior, brave and handsome. But alas, he had been killed in a gruesome attack on the borders of Lorien.

Awennen pulled her knees into her chest and buried her head in her knees, and for the first time in a long time, Awennen wept.

She felt the weight of the world bearing down on her shoulders. Her mind was weary and so was her body. Living on the world for so long made one feel exhausted. And she still just barely remembered the land beyond. The land where she had lived as a child and left as a very young maiden.

As she wept quietly she heard a voice near her and she gasped and looked up. Her silvery tears shone in the light as did her silver hair.

A young elf guard stood before her. Brown hair and blue eyes. He was bright and had strong features. A smile came to Awennen's face and she ran into his arms.

"Glorfalma, I missed you." She whispered.
Glorfalma laughed and pulled her back.
"It has been long, has it not?" He said with a bright smile on his face.
Awennen smiled and wiped her tears. Glorfalma was surprised to see her so upset.

"What has made you cry?" He asked. He looked concerned.
"Nothing. I just miss Gildor and home." She said in a soft voice.
Glorfalma bowed his head sadly. "So, he did leave then? I had hoped to see him again, and I didn't think he would leave you." Glorfalma said.

Awennen shook her head. "No, I chose to stay, which was a mistake. My heart has been longing for the sea, but I cannot go yet." Awennen said.
A knowing look came into Glorfalma's eyes.
"Ah, you are here with the fellowship." He said.
Awennen nodded. "I planned to leave when I came here, but it seems that is not so." She said.

Glorfalma nodded. "Well, I must return to my post. Would you like me to walk you back to your talan?" He asked.
"No, but I must ask if you will find me a sword. I lost my sword in the mines." Awennen asked.
Glorfalma's eyes widened. "Moria! You went into Moria?" He asked in a loud whispered.

Awennen laughed. "You look so funny when you're shocked Glorfalma, it doesn't suit you." She said.
Glorfalma closed his mouth and smiled. "I expect to hear the entire story before you leave." He said as he pointed his finger at her.

Awennen nodded. "Of course mellon nin." She said.
Glorfalma smiled and they embraced again. Awennen wished to hold him forever, it felt almost like hugging Gildor, for Glorfalma was a brother to her.

Once he had left Awennen returned to her spot sitting under a tree. She never returned to the talan, she wanted to be alone while she still could, and she fell asleep on the ground, under the golden trees.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2007 07:04
Amarthiel waited until everyone was asleep before she snuck away from the talans and her friends. She wanted to be alone, but most of all she wanted to get rid of her cares, if only for a moment. As she walked she saw Galadriel come to her. She bowed deeply, showing her respect.

"Amarthiel, it has been too long a time to pass before I would get to see you. I knew when you were born but never had the chance to see you. Your mother was proud when she journeyed here speaknig of you. Come, I know what it is you seek, through the wood that way you will find what it is you seek," she said softly.

Amarthiel could only look at her in wonder as Galadriel continued on her path to her garden. Amarthiel followed her directions and came to a pool of water formed from where the river widened some. She sighed in relief and immidiately prepared, slipping herself into the water. As the water flowed, so she felt her cares slip away, leaving her mind free to wander. She put her clothes back on her and fastened her cloak, taking care with her weapons.

She then wandered the paths, too restless for sleep which evaded her at the moment. She heard a noise to her right, coming from the branches and she crouched to the ground, loosening the catch that held her throwing daggers in place. She decided it was nothing and made her way slowly back to the talans. She stopped thoughtfully, hearing yet more sounds.

These were not normal in the wood, somethnig she had not heard. She bent and placed her ear to the ground, listennig. The ground groaned under the feet of what was coming, protesting. Elves would not cause such actions. Immidiately she drew her sword, her violet eyes scanning the forest. Something was coming and she was out here alone.

She cursed herself for being foolish but made her way back where her company was. She could now hear Elves shouting and she looked up, hoping none had been woke. Haldir rushed past her and a few other Elves and she knew that whatever was comnig was not welcome. She went with them, wanting to help.
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2007 07:46
((Sorry I haven't been posting..my real life has taken over. It's a real struggle to post.))

Zuleika felt uncomfortable blindfoled. Not being able to see was something she had always been afraid of, ever since her sister had blindfolded her to make her escape. She shuddered, but maintained her nonchalance as she walked.
Eventually, the group came to rest, and Zuleika lay, looking up, reflecting on her journey. The meeting with Galadriel had not been very eventful for her. Everyone else seemed to find some connection here, but Zuleika had no sense of belonging. Just as she sank into a deeper depression, her eyes fell upon a pale pink dress to her left. It had passed her gaze briefly, but she was almost certain she remembered it from somewhere. She rose from where she had settled, and looked at the woman in the dress. Her depressive state fell, as she looked up.
"Bellethiel?" she murmured, her face lit with hope. The figure came to a halt. She turned around, and a smile came across her face.
"Zuleika! Mellon!" She ran, her bare feet making nearly no sound across the grass. "Come, there is so much i have to ask you now you are here."
Zuleika followed, although she felt a mild sense of mistrust. It had been a long time since she had seen Bellethiel, and she knew the elf was set in her ways. bellethiel sat at the foot of a tall tree, and encouraged Zuleika to sit.
"You have not obeyed Idrial, Zuleika." Bellethiel's childish expression fell, her face expressionless and serious.
"I could not. The hurt she has caused is far beyond any I could ever inflict upon anyone. I could not sit back and let her take over!" Zuleika's breath quickened, but her voice remained normal.
"Let this not come between us, mellon." Bellethiel's eyes were full of concern. "I just had a feeling you would follow us and I did not want you to have forgotten." She bowed her head. "There is much you have missed. Some of which I dare not tell you yet."
There was a complicated silence between them.
"Travel with us." Zuleika looked into her eyes with interest. "You may tell me then!"
She jumped up and pulled Bellethiel with her.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2007 08:48
Awennen opened her eyes lazily when she heard strange noises. Then she saw dark shapes coming close to where she was laying.

Awennen reached for her sword, but then remembered it was gone. Awennen gasped and jumped to her feet, she had to escape.

But as she stood a few orcs raced into the clearing. She gasped as she turned. They had their blades ready to kill her.
Her bright eyes watched their weapons as they came closer.

"Glorfalma!" She screamed as loud as she could. There was no sound and the orcs smiled and came closer. But Awennen could hear Glorfalma's foot steps as they came closer.

Then his footsteps stopped and Awennen turned to see if he was there.
"Down Awennen!" He whispered.

Awennen fell down on the ground, covering her head with her arms. Then Glorfalma began shooting the creatures with his bow. One orc was only distracted for a moment, then he lifted his blade to cut down upon Awennen.

Glorfalma cursed angrily then jumped out with his blade.
He grabbed Awennen's arm and pulled her into his chest and protected her as he fought off the orc.

Then with a swift strike he killed the orc. Awennen still clung to Glorfalma, as if seeking comfort. Then after a moment she took a step back. Glorfalma managed to smile softly at her.

"Hannon le, mellon nin." Awennen said, she seemed a little embarrassed at being caught unawares.
Glorfalma lifted her chin. "You're very welcome." He said.

And for a moment Awennen thought she saw her hero, the same elf she had fallen in love with so long ago. She leaned into him and he leaned toward her.

But before their lips touched she bowed her head and turned away. "No Glorfalma, love is not a path I can take. You are a wonderful friend and you have helped me very much, but I do not love you as I onced loved another." She said. Her blue eyes looked up into his.

Glorfalma nodded. "I must return and see if Haldir still needs me. I brought you this sword, I think it will fit your purposes." He said.
Awennen took the sword in her hand and smiled. Glorfalma grabbed her arm and pulled her close so he could whisper in her ear.

"I really do hope to see you again, Awennen." He whispered.
Awennen nodded. "I do too, but my life takes me far from here." She said.
Glorfalma let her go and walked away.

Awennen sighed, maybe this wasn't a good idea. She was traveling with people she didn't know, why shouldn't she stay here with the people she loved and wanted to be near until the day she left for the Haven's?

"No, they need me. The fellowship need me. I must go." She said, she sounded as if she partly regretted following them.
But it was a choice she had to make, and she did make it.
Then Awennen glanced up at the direction Glorfalma had gone, she sighed, silver strands falling around her face.

"Navaer mellon nin." She whispered. Then she turned and walked away to see how her other companions were doing.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2007 02:39
Amarthiel had watched the beings come closer and closer, catching her brother unaware. She cursed him for being so lazy and aloof to not even have the snese to stay up in the tree. Without thinking thre was a soft click and a whir through the air.

Four orcs fell dead around him, her throwing knives embedded in either their chest or neck. He looked over at her, mild suprise in his face. She ran to him, her face a mask of rage and anger, her violet eyes flashnig dangerously.

"What are you doing you fool! Go back in the tree, your fighting skills are horrible, you know that! Go, quickly, get up there before I make you get up there," she commanded harshly.

She was younger by many years yet she was commanding him as one would a foolish child, which, in her eyes, was what her brother was. He went, glaring at her but hers was much more potent and he quickened. She ran forward, slicing through a few more. One grabbed her from behind around the neck, catchnig her unaware and holding a crude knife to her throat. She could smell poison and she cursed.

"You spawn of Morgoth, get your filthly hands off me at once!," she yelled, her anger in its full throws, unable to control herself any longer.

The orc leered but had not more time than that, her knife embedded in his neck. She drew it out and put it back. The orcs lessened and dissapated altogether. She sheathed her sword, still fuming, her chest heaving and her eyes still glittering darkly. Aragorn looked at her oddly nad hse stared at him, her eyes piercing into his him.

"I think I will do better if I sleep away from my brother tonight, lest I kill him. The fool, he knows he cannot fight, yet he came anyway, his skill is with taunting, cheating, and he has a little skill with daggers but he did not have them! Unprepared little, ai!," she said angrily. Narfaroth came down, looking at her.

"Well, it seems I finally succeeded in angering you, little sister. I am truely sorry if I upset you," he said, his words sincere, his tone sarcastic. She seethed, her body eminating anger.

"Ai, Mîbo orch! I have nothing more to say to you," she hissed.

She turned and climbed the tree but situated herslef far in the tree well away from the talan. Legolas looked at her, suprised and Narfaroth still ahd the indifference evident but he looked slightly hurt, only if one knew what to look for.

Mîbo orch-go kiss an orc
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2007 08:22
Zuleika was unaware of the disaster happening around her. She ran back to the tree she was under earlier, and giggled as Bellethiel ran after her. She felt like a child again.
Bellethiel scuttled round the corner, and almost fell over Zuleika.
"Mellon, I cannot come with you. You do not understand, as child-like as you are." she sighed. "I have not the heart to leave yet."
ZUleika cupped Bellethiel's face in her hand.
"You may tell me anything." she smiled. "We all trust each other, all of us, you, me, Cirundar..." she ran through the list of friends. Bellethiel hung her head.
"Zuleika...I know you loved Cirundar...But he will not grace you ith his prescence anymore.." Bellethiel choked.
"I...I...don't..." Zuleika couldn't choke the tears back. She fell onto her friend in despair.
"He cannot leave me here!" She cried, her face pained.
"I am sorry mellon. He told me to tell you he loved you. He tried so hard to get back home to you." Bellethiel hugged her.
"W...What happened?" Zuleika asked.
"I really do not think you should..." Bellethiel began, but Zuleika pushed her onto the floor, and screamed at her with intense anger.
"What happened!!" she did not move until her friend looked up at her, opening her eyes.
"He was riding up with us...we don't know where it came from...it just shot him."
Zuleika got up, and ran away, tears streamig from her eyes.
"Zuleika!" Bellethiel cried after her, but her friend had gone.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email