Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Post Fans over Forty ~ Part XIII
on: September 30, 2007 05:34
Heh... I've been rather busy after getting back from vacation and starting work again tomorrow, but when I checked this evening... Dang! We're over 600 posts on part 12! Time to move on to Part 13 now. I'm trying to get my act together, but contemplating work when I'd rather contemplate my lovely memories of my granddaughter and my property, blue spruce and aspen filled land, it boggles the mind. Heh...
arienelle666
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part XIII
on: September 30, 2007 08:01
EEEK! Help, What happened? I can't find what I missed to catch up, this new thread took me by surprise!
Told you I was a 'newbie' and I'm hopeless with computers!

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find the 'missing bit'? (part 12 I think that is!)

Hi Belle, glad you had a great holiday :wave:

A confused Arienelle
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2007 12:51
:cheers: :disco: Whoo!! Hoo!! 13 incarnations of the infamous FoF! Do you suppose we have a certain Hobbit that we can take along to make it Lucky Number 14? Or do you suppose he's out there looking for dragon's hoard or positively ill-gotten gain from a troll's lair? Man, I want to go to Middle Earth...NOW! I do not want to teach this week. Don't know why. Maybe it's the 3 days off that I had that make me want to stay at home. Ah, well. Work calls. Enjoy your week.
Cheers,
Scots
Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2007 07:12
Arienelle, it' s just a couple of topics below this one. Feel free to go and post something there, too. Otherwise I will be a thread killer yet again!
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2007 07:58
VIRTUELLE:Hope you and the dog are feeling better!
When we lived in British Columbia we used to go garage saleing every week-end. We loved it.We bought a lot of good stuff for practicallely nothing.All my daughter's doll clothes and her stuffed animals came from garage sale.I miss it.Here they don't have that much garage sale.

AWELYN;Did you have fun at the birthday party,love the theme!Hope your husband is well.

MITH:I have a lot in the garden but to name a few there it ishlox, astilbe,daisy, daylily, geranium,dianthus, lupine,campanula,sedum,poppy, hosta ,a few herbs like thyme oregano,chives basil . Lilacs fruit trees and a number of wild flowers, some of them I dont know the names.This month I will put them all to rest for the winter Congratulations to you and your daughter and hope everything will go smoothly for the rest of the pregnancy.My birthday is on feb 1st, so Ill keep your daughter in mind for the 3rd

SCOTS:Fall is my favorite season too.I feel closer to nature at fall,not to mention it is a great time to cook and bake! I wish my mom could live closer to me so we could have those week-end like you have with your mom!

NEENIME:I want to move in that hobbit house RIGHT NOW!!! I love it:heart:Makes the hobbit in me all upside down

CIRNADETH:OMG! I didn't know about Cristmas Island, such a nice name, too bad

ARIENELLE:Thinking about you and your son and sending positive waves.Have a good week:heart:

BELLE:Hi!I would rather contemplate lovely memories too, but what can you do, a person has to eat! Such a life

Have a great week all!
Dimple:heart:
swabbythewhite
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2007 11:05
Part 13, and it commences on the 1st day of October. Is anyone here superstitious? I saw my first Halloween-decorated yard today. Witches on brooms, black cats and such. I'm getting into the spirit with some candy corn as I now peck at the keyboard.

Arienelle come back! (I think she knows better than to post on this number thirteen!)

Ugh, it's still hot here! I want cool weather! Baking all those pies really heats up the kitchen, ya know. It was too cold last spring with that late freeze that froze the blossoms on every fruit and nut tree in this part of the country, and now it's too danged hot! This must be how the buttermilk pie got invented. Some of our ancestors, due to a late freeze like we had, found themselves with no fruit or nuts to harvest one year and out of desperation somebody threw together a buttermilk pie because it was the only danged thing they had. "What kind of pie is this grandma?" asked Rosy-cheeked Timmy. "Oh, it's just a little bit of this and a little bit of that." replied granny with a gleam in her eye. "I told you I'd get you for tangling up my yarn" thought the evil old lady as she sliced the anxious child a big ol' slice of curdled abomination in a pie crust.

No, I haven't been drinking. Maybe it's the heat. Swabby
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: October 01, 2007 11:39
OOoh! We’re into another thread! :disco:

Have spent part of today transferring some of the funeral recording. I have to listen to each section and decide where the tracks will begin and end, and then synchronise the recording with the minidisk deck. It has quite a good editing facility in it so I can join tracks and cut out coughs and bumps and stuff, just like slicing tape. Coooool! Can’t do more than a few tracks a day though. It just make me so sad.

And we’re coming up to THAT time of year for me too. I promised to tell you more about Calar, but it’s been a busy summer. I’ll try to write more as the year winds down into darker evenings.

Gotta go to bed now. :hug:
Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2007 12:39
Swabby, I've seen a lot of different things put into pies but never buttermilk. I'm trying to imagine what that might look like but all in all, I think I'd really rather not!
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: October 01, 2007 05:07
Belle, bless your heart. I can see why it is difficult for you to get back in the grind of work . Your body may be here but your mind and soul are with the granddaughter and your beautiful part of Colorado. We really appreciate all you do. I guess there is no chance you can come next year to ALEP?

Cirdaneth I will be glad when you do have time to finish your story. Are you writing it too? Have a good sleep.

Swabby it is cooler here at night warm in the day here. I did swim in my pool today to celebrate October 1st. Have you heard of a chess pie? It is like pecan pie without the pecans and it is very good or caramel pie. In the shaker village where Mith ,MTMS and I will be staying the restaurant has chess pie on the menu. It must be a southern thing.

Dimple I did have fun at the party and my husband had to go to his dermatologist. He gets growths on his face and neck and head all the time. Two have been B-cell carcinoma a form of skin cancer. They removed two from him today . He will be fine. Thank you.

Hi Celebrian.

Arienelle you use the forum menu and go to the posts from our last posts that say 21-22.

:cheers: right back at you Scots. I know how you feel. But just think you only have four days to go on this school week.

Since I can't get back to the other posts without losing my reply I will try to the best of my ability to remember who posted what this weekend.

Mith, congratulations on the grand son wasn't it a boy. I know you are so happy but you were probably concerned too. How is your lake? Are your temps cool?

Neenime how are you and thank you for the Shire picture. I want to live there.

Cat so good to hear from you. I am glad your paving is done and now if you could get some more things finished that would be nice

Brandywine I could never get the photo of your grandson to work. I will try later.

Morwin I could not find Brandywine's grandson's photo. I did like you said I went to member's gallery and I searched by name. What did I do wrong?

I am going to go back to the old posts and read and answer your posts.

brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2007 12:22
It took me a bit but I found the pic of my grandson. He is in members gallery under members photos and then sort it by date. He is the one marked new. The title is Kenyan Jeffrey.

It is amazing how this group has grown. Scots and Belle I can certainly sympathize with your feelings of not watning to go back to work. I am coming up on a four day weekend the 4th and 5th of October. Then the real weekend, then it's back to work for 4 days til I leave for another long weekend in Nebraska with Scots. I am sure I will not want to be going back to work either. Then the grandbaby could keep me around all day too.

Work is going well despite the fact that I have 27 little 8 and 9 year olds in my class. They are a smart and sweet group. A bit noisey but we are working on a little incentive right now to help them keep quieter.

Looking forward to filling up the pages of this post arena like we did the last. Talk to you all later.

big hugs,
Brandywine
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2007 12:28
Okay, I'm going to try this again. I ticked the little box that said receive e-mail notification of new replies...low and behold it didn't do it. Hmmmm Oh well, as this site is part of my daily early morning ritual, it's not a problem.

Buttermilk pie...'scuze me while I dash to the bathroom. Ick! I remember my grandmother drinking buttermilk and thinking that it was probably one of the nastiest tasting things on earth. As she was a Southern lady, is that a regional thing? It's great for baking, but in a pie???? That I'm not so sure about.

Again, it's off to the races! Take good care.
Cheers!
Scots
awelyn418
Send Message
on: October 02, 2007 02:00
Brandy, I saw him. What a doll. I followed your instructions and there he was peacefully sleeping. Have a great time at Scots and take pictures.

Scots my mom and dad and grandparents drank buttermilk. Oh yuck is right the only time I will touch buttermilk if it is in pancakes or biscuits. Have a grand week and may your work week be a great one.

Hi Roger and to all the other poster from our last forum hello.

Well I need to get ready for work. Have a good day.
swabbythewhite
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2007 02:24
That's a fine looking grand baby Brandy. He looks like he might have some elf in him, although I couldn't see his ears.

Actually, I like buttermilk and always keep some on hand for putting in pancakes, biscuits and cornbread. I only had buttermilk pie once and it was ok, I thought. Sort of a cheesecake/custard type filling with no spices in it that I could tell.

Now where is MT? Did she go running off with a ranger? It's not like her to be absent like this.

Have a great Tuesday folks! Swabby
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2007 02:36
Mae Govannen . What interesting discussions.

On the topic of buttermilk , I am intrigued at how tastes change over the years. I used to hate buttermilk, olives and goat cheese, and now I love 'em all. Go figure. Still, I think I'd draw the line at buttermilk pie unless it tasted like quiche. rool:

Cirdaneth I am glad that you managed to extricate yourself from the computer apparatus, or we might have had to send some Dûnedain to hunt for you. You're a lady of many talents if you can edit DVDs ! Good for you!

Belle I am glad that you had a chance to visit a wonderful place and your lovely grand-daughter. Too bad that real life beckons, eh? I feel the same way after a long weekend or a holiday. *sigh* But I suppose if we were on holiday all the time it wouldn't feel special.

We had a special blessing at dance yesterday. one of our members is about to deliver her 2nd child. We had done a blessing for her with the first and she drew on the energy and love of that encounter throughout a difficult labour and delivery. So there she was yesterday, otherwise slim but with a basket-ball-sized belly . We were all oohing and ahhing and touching it and we danced a lullaby for her. She was so moved to have the support of a group like ours. It was special :cry:

That's a sweet baby pic, Brandy . They're so innocent and full of promise. What lies ahead for that sweet little thing. I wish lots of love and happiness.
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2007 12:40
Ohh... I like the idea of dancing a lullaby around a pregnant mother and child.

As for the buttermilk pie that I'll pass on...

I have a black cat in the window her name is Minky...
does she count as a decoration? She does like Halloween.

More later as there is a fellow waiting for the computer.

:love: :hug: :wave:

MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2007 02:58
Whew!! I need to catch my breath. Seems as if I've been dashing about from here to there and not making much headway. Meetings, assessments, conferences,tutoring-all that and more at school combined with helping at a church retreat this weekend and planning a pretty big birthday bash for my 4 year old grandson. And I've gone to jazzercise, dealt with my father falling down and hitting his chest on a table as he fell. I had planned to do some more chores this weekend, but discovered that I have to go out of town to be trained for a new duty and the next church retreat that I'll be member for in November. WishI HAD run off with a ranger.

I like buttermilk pie, swabby. It reminds me of my great Aunt who served it to us warm from the oven on cool days. Have you had a custard pie? It reminds me of that. Rice pudding is also a happy memory food.

What a sweet pic of Kenyan, brandywine. I know your heart is glad to have him in it!!:heart:

Bet you had fun at the birthday party, awelyn . If I wasn't so stressed, I'd have a theme for Sammy's party. I bet he'd like a pirate or knight theme.
I picked up one of those skin colored sleeves with tattoos on them to wear to amaze your friends. Maybe I'll wear it to Tamara's this Friday.

Miss you, Roger!!

Love and hugs to all my FoF friends!!

Thanks for all that you do for us, Belle and cirdaneth! :hug:
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2007 04:17
SWABBY: already in the Halloween mood?I'm not superstitious, don't beleive in it I suppose.Maybee it's not the drinking that makes you talk like this but rather too much of the buttermilk pie awwwwrh lol

CIRNADETH:I'm always amaze by your tecnical and pc skills I wish you could be sitting right to me every time I try something new on my pcWhat is that TIME of the year for you?

AWELYN: I' m sure you enjoyed your swimm, it will be probably the last one as the days will get cooler in october unless we have a very warm month!I must admit, the chess pie that you mentionned sounds taste much better than Swabby's buttermilk pie

BRANDY:I just had a look at your grandson's pic.He is absolutely adorable:heart:I wish him a long life of happiness and success

MTMS:Hope your father is ok,and not too badly hurt.

Have a good wednesday my FoF' FRIENDS

Dimple:heart:
callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2007 05:24
MT, hope your dad is alright. You worry about your parents as they get older and have mishaps. You seem to be stretching yourself a little thin! Slow down.
Brandy.... He is absolutely ADORABLE!!! Perfect little face. I'll bet Gramma thinks he has a perfect little heart as well.:heart:
No fair, Roger! I love Sherwood forest. I missed the Robin Hood festival this year.
Swabby I like buttermilk. :drool: , but I have never had it as a pie before. I do love a custard tart though, so if its anything like that, yum! And rice pudding, ummm ummmm. I had some this afternoon.
Hiya everyone else. This is a quick post as I am still adjusting to the new job and enjoying getting the dogs out more. Its starting to really feel autumnal now. The leaves changing on the trees are beautiful, very Lothlorien like.
cirdaneth
Send Message
on: October 03, 2007 06:41
What is that TIME of the year for you?
October 10th is the anniversary of my husband's death. I always find it difficult. His real name was Neil, but in Sindarin he is Calar, my lamp, who shone light into parts of my history where all other lights had gone out. :heart:

There are three long posts from me on page 1 of FoF Part XI which start his story. You can fnd them here

[Edited on 3/10/2007 by cirdaneth]
cirdaneth
Send Message
on: October 03, 2007 08:48
I dunnit! I dunnit! :disco::disco: Ron's funeral divided into 17 tracks, moved from mini-disc to PC in MP3 format, trimmed of all coughs, bumps and nose-blowing, and the thunder of a congregation standing up and sitting down. All tracks titled and acknowledged, and the whole lot burned to a CD which plays on a Hi-Fi. Oh what a good girl am I? For all my apparent skill, I have to confess I'm actually scared of technology ... but if you don't try, you don't learn, so I give it a go ... heart in mouth. Shaan't feel as nervous next time.
swabbythewhite
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2007 09:19
That's a moving story, Cirdaneth, and I can tell that you miss him very much. Life is a hard road to travel, that's for sure, and some of the bumps and bruises remain with us always.

Well I'm going to find out about the buttermilk pie because I just made one. Yep, I looked up a recipe and made it. This being Wednesday, Tommy's girlfriend is coming over and I'm making chicken tetrazinni with good ol' buttermilk pie for dessert. I'll let y'all know if it was a hit or a flop tomorrow.

"Autumnal", now that's a word I never use, Calle, but I like the sound of it. "Good morning Salma, it's very autumnal today, don't you think?"

Now MT, you're not a teenager anymore and you're gonna have to slow that classy chassis of yours down!

Happy humpday! Swabby
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2007 09:43
*oooh, I'm sn*e*e*e*e*k*ing

Students taking achievement tests the next two days. Last period of the day...lesson plans done until the end of October...nothing to do but SHHHHHH orklings. Must admit I'm a bit bored. They can't see my monitor, so they don't know what I'm doing. *laughing to self manically* Rank hath it's privileges.

cirdaneth: I'm so impressed. I feel good just when I get a CD burned on my computer without screwing it up.

Autumnal. I like that word. Must use it in the word of the day that we do school wide and I'm responsible for.

Well, must away to shush orklings Only 45 more minutes left of the day. :disco:
Virtuelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2007 05:20
Ha here I was reading in the last thread and didnt realise we had a new one. LOL

And of course its now bedtime and I keep getting that look.

Speaking of the bearer of that look, my charming hubby had his ring off the other day. He was tearing out lath and plaster and didnt want to get it ruined and caught, So I asked if he knew it was in his box where he keeps his treasures.
He picks it up and looks at me with this :evil: look and holding it between his fingers, says," One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them. One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them " I burst out laughing and said," It won't work honey I have one of the elven rings of power and that ring has no power over me."
He laughed and said only I would know of a ring that couldn't be overpowered by the one ring.

Don't every think your LOTR fanatic-ness doesnt rub off on your family. :love:
Dashes off to bed.
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2007 08:06
Just checking in before bedtime. I've been on the go the past few days...to PA & back, 2 trips to Cleveland and a trip to Michigan...about 850 miles or so.

We have had some lovely days, Awelyn. It is usually cooler along the lake with a breeze or wind most days. It can be cool along the front (lakeside) of our place and warm/hot on the back. There are so many groundhogs along the shoreline (in the rocks) this year. They are cute to watch when they come out and eat.

Dimple, you do have lots in your garden. I miss being able to have one and enjoy hearing about yours. There are lots of birthdays around my daughter's due date, that's cool. My other two grandsons have December birthdays...one was born on Christmas Day.

Loved your story about the ring, Virtuelle. Does your hubby like the movies? Mine watched them quite a few times but eventually the enthusiasm waned. But it is nice when they are supportive of our obsession.

Well time to unwind a bit and say good night. :wave: :yawn:
arienelle666
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2007 08:22
Good Morning everybody.

Just a very brief catch up as I am rushed off my feet at present. The whole household has come down with a virus, so I am holding the fort, so to speak.

I found the thread Celebrian, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Maybe it would have helped if I had actually looked! LoL!!!

What a beautiful baby Brandy, you must be so proud. I hope you and Scots have a great weekend. I loved the sneaking Scots!

Thank you for the good vibes Dimple, you are so kind :heart:

Your dance group sounds wonderful Neenime, very loving and caring and that was a beautiful thing you did to honor mother and child, I was moved.

I am getting over the number 13 thing Swabby! Sword at the ready, and here I come! Wow, that pie sounds yummy!

I hope your father is OK MT, it is a worry for you. I will be thinking of you.

You are a champion of cyber-space Cirdaneth! Don't let the cables get the upper hand!
I will be thinking of you on the 10th. I know it is hard it is, I will keep you in my thoughts.

I loved your story Virtuelle! The saying in our house is 'There is a LOTR quote for everything!'

That's about all I have time for this morning folks, just wanted to drop by and say hello and I hope you are all well.

Arienelle
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2007 05:50
My goodness you all sound very busy, indeed. What an industrious and talented group of friends.

I changed my avatar to reflect something that I identify with in the character of Aragorn, that is a reflection also of Frodo's choice. I believe it is one of those universal elements in Tolkien's stories. I mean the sense of duty to pick up the sword, that is, to fulfill those tasks that are ours to do. Perhaps they are ours by virtue of commitments we have made. Perhaps because of our feelings and our values. Perhaps because someone needs to do them and we are available.

My hat's off to the love and devotion that our members show to their loved ones, their friends, their respective callings.

Goodness, I am in a philosophical frame of mind. :dizzy: What phase of the moon are we in? Ah yes, approaching the dark time. That might explain it.
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
swabbythewhite
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2007 06:04
That's a groovy new avatar you got there, Neenime, I like it.

I'm glad that 13 thing wasn't too hard to overcome, Arienelle.

I like buttermilk pie. It's a lot like a custard and doesn't taste like buttermilk at all. It's about the easiest pie I ever made, too. The filling is just eggs, sugar, flour, butter, vanilla and, oh yes.....buttermilk. Pour it into a pie shell and sprinkle chopped pecans over the top. An Autumnal favorite!

Swabby
awelyn418
Send Message
on: October 04, 2007 06:46
Swabby, buttermilk pie sounds so good.. It is like chess pie but you put cornmeal and vinegar with the ingredients you put in your buttermilk pie in it. Autumnal is such a great word isn't it.

Neenime I love your new avatar too. Well, this site is devoted to Tolkien and you expressed his sentiments so well. I think it is this time of year. I find myself being very reflective and a thinker of deep thoughts as well. How we feel about Tolkien and each other is what makes me keep coming back here. It is one of the best Tolkien sites I have found. How wonderful of your dance group to do that for that mother. What a sweet thing for her and the baby.

Virtue what a funny story. I wish my husband would crack a joke about LOTR. He just thinks I am cracked and to obsessed about Tolkien.

Hello Arienelle, my goodness you sound so busy. Have a good day.

Mith I am so glad you are having some good days at the lake. My goodness you must feel like a truck driver with all that driving you are doing. I love groundhogs. I also like to watch prairie dogs. Have you seen one of them? Have a good week. I find out the sex of my unborn grandbaby today.
Have a good day Ya'll.
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2007 07:46
hi everyone

Brandy Congratulations on the new baby.
I had quite a bit on the last week or so and came back in to find a new thread and 100s of posts! Having trouble keeping up with it all.

Has a little go at writing and came up with this....

Situations Vacant
Wanted: Ranger.
Due to a long standing vacancy in our Isildur’s heir branch we are seeking a highly motivated individual to become deputy leader of a small diverse team. Duties include fighting orcs cave trolls and ring wraiths; shepherding hobbits and deputising for the wizard when he is otherwise engaged on Balrog slaying duties.
Experience and Qualifications
You will have several years of wandering in the wilds under your belt. You will be expected to be skilled in the use of herbal medicines making running repairs to your own clothing, tracking, learning what bare rock can tell and of course wielding a sword. Skill with a bow and arrow is desirable but not essential as training can be given by our resident elf.
Remuneration
In this job you will have the change to rise above all of your ancestors, falling into decline with what is left of your kin is not an option. You may even become King of Gondor. Company horse provided for the right candidate.
Send your resume with 2 references to:

Gandalf the Gray
C/O the last Homely House
Rivendell
Note please list all your names on a separate sheet of paper if necessary.

Hope you all like it!

Love and hugs

HT:heart:
awelyn418
Send Message
on: October 04, 2007 11:20
Every one I just found out today my daughter is having a girl! Her daughter Lauren is elated as that is what she had been praying for all along. :disco: :disco: :sob: I am so happy that I could cry. Well, not really I am just very happy. :rolling:
Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2007 12:10
That's wonderful awelyn! It'll be handy for your daughter, too, since she can have some hand me downs for the baby. My daughter has one of each but fortunately for her, her husband has a lot of brothers and some of them had some things she could use for her newest.

Swabby, I'll admit to being persuadable. That pie sounds interesting. Sometimes I wish I still lived in my old house with the ancient pecan tree. Pecans can be expensive if you have to buy them.

I am also very glad to find a group of such caring people here. I've found in some places people who claim to be Tolkien fans can be pretty strange. I often think they missed the point entirely when (if) they read his books!

Heri, that's a good add. Printed as a flier, I guess the eagles might be willing to scatter it about Middle earth!

Hope everyone's having a good week!

~ Celebrian
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2007 02:59
I like that Ranger add... have you any adds for Elves and Hobbits? Wecould use some of them around here.

I hope everyone with that virus gets better soon...

And that the fall your Dad took is easy to heal from...

You will have to insert your own names in the above notes as I've forgotten which one is holding down the fort or dancing between work or dealing with orcs... I'd blame it on my dyslexia but that would be lame... I'm just pooped already.

Mixed Snow and Sun here today... looks like I'm stuck on the east side of Oregon till Spring.

I hope next week to put up some photos of Christmas Valley but for now I'll just drool over your baby photos... cute for sure!:love:

Hope your weekends are all nice!

:hug: :love: :wave: :rolling:

Tcherepin
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2007 08:48
Hi, Tcherepin, here. I'm decidedly over 40 **laughing**, but no kids or grandkids.

....got a cat, tho, does that count?

Cirdaneth, I read what you wrote, I dunno...three times? I don't know what to say, but that sometimes life is hard, and we have to remember the good things, don't we?

OK, about Yours Truly...

this is me....
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j35/walkerk77/Kilt%20Night%20Sept%202007/TIMG_1100.jpg

I'm the guy on the left in the red kilt. The other two folks are my friends James and Star.

Here I am, doing something that I consider fun at the local Highland Games..

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/way2fractious/Highland%20Games/03_hammer.jpg

....and me doing my OTHER fun activity...

http://www.stanford.edu/~ahebert/anklebiter_bonita_sm1_name.jpg

Ok, and one more.... doing my other, OTHER fun activity...

http://www.stanford.edu/~ahebert/kiltpack.jpg

OK, packing up at the end of the trip isn't so fun, but *hey*.

BTW, the red kilt in the first picture? I made that. I've made 6 or 7 kilts, most traditionals and in fact I've written up instructions on how to make a contemporary kilt....kind of like a Utilikilt, if you know what they are. If you want them, let me know. It's a free download of a pdf.

I first read LOTR in probably 1970, and the Hobbit in...oh, lord...I dunno, fifth grade. I guess that would have been counting on my fingers.. about 1968. I actually haven't re-read LOTR for probably fifteen years, but have spend many hours with Unfinished Tales and the Silmarillion. LOTR, as well as Howard Pyles versions of the King Arthur stories and Rosemary Sutcliff's award-winning historical novels for kids were instrumental in shaping my early years.

OK, 'nuff about me. I'll check in with this thread a couple times a week, when I pop into CoE!

[Edited on 5/10/2007 by Tcherepin]

[Edited on 5/10/2007 by Tcherepin]
Tcherepin
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2007 09:02
Every one I just found out today my daughter is having a girl! Her daughter Lauren is elated as that is what she had been praying for all along. :disco: :disco: :sob: I am so happy that I could cry. Well, not really I am just very happy. :rolling:

congratulations to all of you, mom, daughter, granddaughter, and uh....the recently conceived!
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2007 01:39
A kilted Ranger...in the flesh! Verrra nice pictures. MT, HT, Sindy, Mith...heck, all of us are quite glad to know you. Welcome to the FoF if I hadn't welcomed you before. That MM can be a bear at times.

It's Friday! Yahoo! I wish I could say I was sleeping in tomorrow but I have to clean house for the visiting dragons and Hobbits. Make it look presentable at least.

EeeeKK It's way late. Must rush to school. I got some really nice warm-fuzzies from a student yesterday, and an absolutely wonderful e-mail from a former parent. Those "paychecks" are what make my work life worthwhile.
Enjoy your Friday!
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email