Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First45678
Author Topic:
Celedë_Anthaas
Stargazer of Ithilien
Send Message
Post RE: NaNoWriMo: Another year here and gone...
on: December 17, 2007 12:15
I want to write but my characters are annoying, I have no plot, I have no chocolate covered coffee beans, and I have so much homework I barely have time to sleep at night. I've hardly written a thing since 30. Nov.

Hm... double physics tomorrow. I can write then
Teciltur
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2007 05:22
Exam studies drove me away from writing much after the 30th (and, of course, late at night the evening before the day of the exam, December 7th, I got a burst of inspiration for another story... ), and now I've been without my laptop for about a week, since it broke down on me... :twitch: On the 'bright' side, I've learnt now that this, how you say, backup, is a really, really, really good idea... :blush: :rolleyes: Now my greatest concern is whether or not I'll be getting it back before leaving for home tomorrow evening, since I'll be some two hundred kilometers from the store that's fixing it for about three weeks. My second, almost as big concern is whether or not they'll be able to restore my files... :-S (The reason it's not my main concern is that I daren't think of the possible negative outcome of that scenario... )

Now I'd best get back to my apartment and do the laundry, so that's not the first thing I greet my mother with when I get home. I don't think that'd be an appreciated thing...
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.
longbe4thesun
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2007 09:00
lol. I have a hard copy I've been editing/adding onto with a sharpie. For some reasons old habits die hard. Seriously, there's a block of text on one sheet of paper and you can read it on the other side.
Griffin
Collector of all that is Shiny
Send Message
on: December 19, 2007 09:43
That's why I like to do my first edit on the computer. Get all the big blocks of text in their proper place, then I print it out and do my second edit.

*sends good vibes towards Tec's computer* I feel your pain. A few years a go I lost over 1,000 of my really good reference pictures when my computer died
Hope you can get your stuff back safe and sound!
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2007 04:13
Wewph, now that I'm on holiday I've finally taken a first look at my story since sending it off on November 30th. It's not a very pretty sight. At this point, I'm thinking an entire revision is in order.

But. I'm still in love with my story, which is a good sign. I've begun a step by step outline in hopes of connecting the beginning with the as-yet-unwritten end. So if I keep plugging away at it, I should have a finished draft by July, right? hehe. Just in time to start research for next year's NaNoWriMo.

Say, how many of you have plots in mind for next year?
longbe4thesun
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2007 07:41
I just got a really funny Idea for a Christmas series next year. Larry the Cucumber has a christmas countdown every December. I may be tempted to do it one year as a progressive work.
I just got the idea from today's christmas countdown about how eggnog sounds like a medical condition.
Griffin
Send Message
on: December 22, 2007 10:22
I'm in about the same place as you, Fealome. I had an idea that I was going for, but it didn't work how I wanted it to. The story idea is sound though, so I think it's worth a rewrite... someday

As for next year, I always have several ideas that I could do. I won't know until probably a day or two before I start again :rolleyes:

hehe, Larry Boy! :love: *wanders off humming the Veggie Tales theme song*
Teciltur
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2007 02:20
Thank you for the good vibes, Griffin; not only were all my important files (.docs, .pdfs, pictures and the like) saved, but I got it back before going home for the holidays. Just about the first thing I did was making backups of them all. Hopefully I'll be able to make that a habit.

As for my NaNovel, I still haven't touched it, but I think I'll give it a try now. Twenty past one in the morning's a good time to do that, right?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.
longbe4thesun
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2007 02:57
I've been editing/adding/deleting on and off.
Griffin
Send Message
on: December 27, 2007 11:15
That's great to hear, Tec! Though 1:20 AM may not be the best time to edit (Not to say I'm not up doing that very thing at that time of night/morning)

I've had a productive couple of days. I got two chapters edited One of them was even a total rewrite.
And I have the rest of the day off. So I hope to get at least another chapter or two done before this evening.
Celedë_Anthaas
Stargazer of Ithilien
Send Message
on: December 27, 2007 11:24
I haven't looked at my novel for ages. I'm too scared. Last year it wasn't a problem; I just typed happily away for twelve months.

But this year's novel... *shudders* It's going to need a total rewrite. I doubt I can keep as much as a sentence. And it needs a plot :dizzy:

So I'm giving it a break and writing a little fantasy something which is getting out of hand My hero is currently locked in an epic battle with... a wave
Scaedura
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2007 12:55
Happy new year, nanowrimoers! (well it will be in ten minutes were I am anyway)

I hope you all have a productive writing year and hopefully a good NaNoWriMo 2008!
Griffin
Send Message
on: January 01, 2008 08:53
Squee! This year is going well for me I'm on a roll with editing and got 6 chapters done on my long weekend
So now I have the first 17 chapters done out of 29. I'm so excited to be over the half way mark :disco:

I've got them up here ( Link ) if any one is interested. (I'm working on the site at the moment so some of the side links don't work >.< )

*dances about happily*
longbe4thesun
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2008 03:19
So I finally tracked down a link that had all of the Christmas Countdown sound bites. They are all now written down for next year. Oh, some of these are going to be a real challenge...
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2008 05:15
Happy year, Wrimos!

I'm curious. Is anybody coming back for Script Frenzy? I signed up, but I'm only about 80% sure I'll go through with it. hehe. At first I didn't think I'd ever go for writing 100 pages of dialogue, but a good friend of mine is super pumped for it and he's sort of dragging me along with. :rolleyes: You all know how that goes...

Still, I was reading over the website and there are some things that look really interesting! Hopefully the muse will visit me in the next couple weeks so I can lock down on an idea.
lady_of_the_ring
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2008 06:14
Yep, I'm coming back for Script Frenzy.
<< First45678
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email