Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Galethiel
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
Post RE: Realm gone quiet?
on: April 12, 2008 06:27
Hey yeah! That's a great idea, think we could get something like that going in Lorien?
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: April 12, 2008 07:00
I don't see why we couldn't! We'd have to find out who lives in which country if we wanted to use addresses though or we could just PM them. Do you want to open up a thread about it?

Are there any inter-Realm activities anyone can think of we could use as a Realm get-together?
"There is more in you of good than you know ..."
Galethiel
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: April 12, 2008 08:24
Right - I've created the thread. . I think it's quite a good idea, if people are willing to participate of course.
ArwenLegolas
Realm Leader of Manwë Súlimo & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 24, 2008 06:57
Well, we at the Realm of Mnwë Súlimo are having an Essay contest going on right now and then there is the 9th Inter-Realm Poetry Contest. So things are picking up.
Tiro nin Elbereth
HaldirofLorien13
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2009 04:54
I love my realm, but it seems like there are only about 5 people who actively post in it. I wish it was bustling with activity.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: February 03, 2009 05:00
Don't worry, Haldir. Mine is the same way. *sigh*

How can I pursuade these people to come back? "Come back or the cookie monster will eat you!"
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: February 22, 2009 11:16
Hmm that might work Eruceninde
There always seem to be inter-Realm people here to chat with when the Realms get quiet anyway!
"There is more in you of good than you know ..."
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2009 06:09
Right now Aule's realm is deadly quiet, but it usually goes off and on though. It seems like some people have just forgotten about it. It seems like CoE is getting quieter every day. We need more people.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 03, 2009 12:21
I know someone who is in Aule. It's sad to hear that. I have about 5-6 active people and that's it.
Ilandir
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2009 04:34
I dare say even Ulmo is struggling quite a lot ... no posts for a couple of days now - even weeks ...
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2009 02:19
I know someone who is in Aule. It's sad to hear that. I have about 5-6 active people and that's it.

Thats pretty much the same story around Aule. Its a story thats becoming way too common it seems.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: March 03, 2009 04:13
Without actually going out into the streets to recruit, the only thing I can say is that hopefully "The Hobbit" films will re-activate interest in the site. It's not like we don't have enough current members, just that those members are not as active as a relative handful seem to be.

If anyone knows a way to get our link on other sites pertaining to the Hobbit, we might get some early interest.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: March 04, 2009 01:37
You know what? I think we should have a group of our most energetic, loyal members to go and search out sites like that, Bereth! Especially those with a bunch of free time... *looks at poor, jobless self* um.... right. Ok, who wants to help me find sites to link to us?
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: March 04, 2009 02:28
Trying to get links on other sites is a pretty good idea. I also wonder if there is a way to get CoE higher ranked with google. We don't come up until several pages in on LotR related searches. For example: we don't come up until page 5 when searching council of elrond and page 7 for lotr websites.

[Edited on 3/5/2009 by Dolwen]
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 04, 2009 05:25
well, i do advertise this site like in my sig and such on others, LOTR or not, and I mention it frequently. Especially if i find out they like LOTR, i ask them if they heard of Council.

THat's my little part.
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2009 05:13
Quieter every day, eh?

Eruce, would that Aule person possibly be me?

And yes, in my short absence, the forums have gone quieter. That just means I'll have to be obnoxiously loud! :evil:

Merides, I could put an advertisement up on the BFME section of Revora forums... but then again, that might be bad for the site. They don't really have rules there, you see. Right, Eruce?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 08, 2009 05:02
ya, it would be you ithilien.

i dont know about Revora....not the type of crowd i would want here....:S just my opinion.
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: March 09, 2009 09:09
I don't know about the site you mentioned... what I do know is that I emailed a few sites, and have had them link to us! Hobbit Central, for one...

Oh, Dolwen, we come up first on the list if you search Council of Elrond on Yahoo! searches.
Dolwen
Send Message
on: March 09, 2009 09:41
That's good, hopefully more people will use Yahoo seach then. I asked tolkiensociety.org to link us and they did, so that will help too.
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: March 09, 2009 04:28
Don't forget to offer them our banners, found here
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 09, 2009 05:24
thanks Meri! I didnt even know those existed!
Starkindler
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2009 03:01
Has anyone else noticed that this CoE site isn't listed on Google? i have tried googling "Council of Elrond" intermittently over the past 6 months and noticed that 'our' site doesn't come up on the google search results. But for members of my family having remembered the site's exact address, I wouldn't have been able to get back on 6 months ago. It must also be effecting the number of new members i.e. people browsing for a CoE site to join. I really like this site. Thank you to Rivka and Dolwen, and the others who put in so much of their time, so we can all have FUN.:love:
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: March 12, 2009 04:33
We (The Mods and Admins) are aware of this, Starkindler. Thanks for pointing it out. If you read above, Dolwen mentioned that we are on page 5 of the Google listings if you search Council of Elrond. Be assured, we're working on getting to the top of the list!

The best way you, and all members, could help is by attracting new members to the site- put a link in your signature on other forums, on your Facebook or Myspace, on your own website. Basically, the more traffic we have coming to our site, the better.
Starkindler
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2009 12:20
:blush: Thanks Merides, didn't look at the comments above. Have a good day/ weekend.
Elanor_the_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2009 05:28
I'm gonna go refer the site to all of my nerdy friends hopefully it helps!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 15, 2009 05:40
Thanks Elanor! Every little bit helps!
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2009 11:21
This site could possibly be one of the best sites on earth is we had a few hundred or so active members join.
arwen1300
Gosling of Vána
Send Message
on: July 13, 2009 07:51
I met another LotR nerd at camp and referred her to the site so hopefully she'll bring in a new crowd.
Image If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2009 10:13
I tried adding a topic in Ulmo for picture posting of different marine life. Not many are bitting though.

I've also noticed that certain parts of the site don't get much activity like the Collectibles forum and the clubs.
I wish there were more obsessive collectors like me, then we could share what we've gotten over the years.

Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2009 03:03
I love CoE It's the site I spend most of my time on Anywho, I collect different things, but I never have gone to the Collectibles forum, hmm, guess I should stop there. And I've had a few of my friends join last year, but they never get on the internet much...
I wish I lived in Middle Earth, I wish I was a Timelord, I wish I attended Hogwarts, but I must always remember, I am a Ranger's Apprentice.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2009 12:13
My apology for not being online as much. It isn't good for my poor bosy, but when i am able to, I try to. However, I do not have internet myself, and even if a laptop isn't heavy, it is for me. So when I am able to take my laptop with me to my parents' place, I am able to get online, otherwise, I can only check my e-mails.

If anyone wish to, you can let me know what is happening in the clubs I am part of, and I can send youa reply to post in it from me. Whatever you wish. That is also possible to do for any other place in here.

With warmth,
Raina
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: November 26, 2011 06:18
anyone else suffering from lack of activity right now??? I've introduced all kinds of contests, and new games and topics. Sent out e-cards to members, sent out out "Get active or you're realm membership will be canceled" pm-s to the really inactive members. Updated the news page...posted all updates on a group we have on facebook...and it's STILL just me and 1 member actively posting right now. I'm goin' bonkers!!! Someone talk me down!!!!
Sponge Fighting Instructor, and Keeper of the Llamas for the Realm of Nessa! "Dance hard, laugh loud, and never misplace your sponge"
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2011 08:35
There there, et:
I'm a little guilty of not being very active here anymore. There isn't a lot going on so I tend to just browse. I'll try and respond more. I usually go to the clubs first thing to see that no one's posted. I could try and start something though.
:feedback:

I don't know what it is about lotr fan sites not getting any activity. I had been moderating another fan site a while back and it got to the point where nobody posted and even the site owner wasn't coming on to deal with the spam, so I gave up on it.
Dolwen
Send Message
on: November 27, 2011 03:26
You are not the only one vanyar, I think many of the realms are suffering right now and are holding out for some Hobbit movie activity. Vaire was very active a year ago but that dwindled off during the summer and hasn't recovered. We stay somewhat active since we have a handful of members who are on everyday though pretty much only in the games. I have done and do all the things you listed as well but think all we can really do is wait and keep staying active for when people come. I do a realm member purge every year with everyone who hasn't posted in the previous three months, if they don't respond to the pm they get deleted. This usually will bring back the ones who really care and keep my contact list manageable when I send out monthly newsletters to the members. Other than that, I just keep the Realms Page updated monthly.
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: November 27, 2011 08:44
Unfortunately....if I do a realm purge....I'll only have 3 members listed for my realm! I've been deleting off those that haven't posted in years, but I was one of those that hadn't posted in a couple of years, and now I'm back so part of me hopes the same might happen with them...as Gandalf would say, it's a "fool's hope". lol

I too had been thinking with "The Hobbit" in production right now that activity would pick up. And the Realm parties certainly helped (we had 3 active members besides myself at that time and a few that came in and posted once or twice that we hadn't seen in forever!) but since then it's just been me and 1 member posting. I'll stick with what I'm doing since it's seems like the steadiest course to take, but it's just so frustrating.
Sponge Fighting Instructor, and Keeper of the Llamas for the Realm of Nessa! "Dance hard, laugh loud, and never misplace your sponge"
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email