Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Post Musical Instruments?
on: May 19, 2008 09:07
Anyone here play a musical instrument, or have a favorite? I love to play the guitar, love listening to the accoustic, the electric, the bass :drool:, and I love drums too. Basically, all the rock instruments out there, I love me a good bass line, or a good guitar solo.
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Musical Instruments?
on: May 20, 2008 08:08
I can play the guitar and sing! It's very stress relieving and just all around fun to do! Anyone else?
RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2008 09:19
Ah... music is my life (and my job, ironically) I play Acoustic Guitar, Electric Bass, piano, I fiddle around with the Violin (pun intended) and I have been singing in choirs since I was 5! :love::love::love::love:
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: May 30, 2008 02:12
I play clarinet. Can't sing a note though as much as I love to try.
"There is more in you of good than you know ..."
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2008 05:43
I play piano, flute, and soon, violin. Flute is my best instrument! I love to sing, but have an awful voice. I plan to go to music school when I graduate high school!

My favorites to listen to are good guitar solos and celtic music, esp. pipes, fiddles, and panflutes!
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: June 09, 2008 09:31
I used to love to sing and sang in madrigal and accapella choirs for years in my youth. I am reduced to whistling now, which I do very well. *grins*

But I do have one wish which is to learn to play the bassoon. Yep, the bassoon. I think I fell in love with bassoons as a child when I first heard "Peter and the Wolf". I love the low tonal quality and I can envision myself sitting on a sand dune playing to sea and the gulls.

Someday...........................................
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2008 02:50
BerethEdhellen, I also want to play the bassoon! It's very nice-sounding. My old boyfriend was getting a bassoon, but he dropped out of music... :banghead: it was a very nice bassoon too. If I could keep tempo better, I would play Bass Clarinet, but I stick to the flute and piano... still no violin, but I'm hoping!

lol, I have a funny story. I was in a music store, and almost knocked over a trombone. :blush: Fortunately, my mom was there to catch it before it hit the floor. It was hilarious, even the store employees were laughing.
Rainyaviel_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2008 09:26
i'm learning to play the keyboard,sort of.i love listening to music,so i wish i could play it well,too.
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2008 02:51
yes, thats the true joy of music, hearing the harmonies weave and flow. Keyboard is fun...
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: June 23, 2008 09:52
Naera,

A tale about why I don't have a bassoon:

Back in the 1980's, my daughter was working on a full piano scholarship at the Eastman School of Music. We spent a lot of time in the city's great music store. One day, while shopping for sheet music, I noticed this gorgeous bassoon hanging on the wall in the 'sales' department at 50% off. I asked about the price and almost fell into a dead faint when they told me it was "ONLY $4,000." 50% off?? $8,000. normally? When I questioned this, I was told that it had belonged to one of the players from the Eastman Symphony Orchestra, who had purchased a NEW one.

Want to know what a NEW one cost, even back in the 1980's? $25,000.00!!!!!

Thus, I've never played a bassoon. I can't afford to. *grins*
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2008 11:48
:twitch: I can't believe that it would cost so much!! And I used to think that a $500 flute was outrageous!! wow... maybe you could find a rental? That's where Greg was getting his, I think... wow, I just can't believe that! Well, I guess that's one instrument I'll NEVER play!! *gulp*
FredGaelwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2008 08:07
the triangle has no secret for me...:love:
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 21, 2008 02:12
I play the violin (and teach it) and piano and do classical singing. I started to teach myself guitar but I was prepping for my violin diploma exam at the time so I decided I couldn't 'waste time' on the instrument - but I will do a bit more now I think. I love music - its one thing that can take me away from everything else in the world
~~Tinuviel~~
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2008 05:03
I sing (classical). I love it!! I used to play the violin, piano, and when I was really little, the recorder.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: December 01, 2008 07:27
I play the piano, and teach it. I tried to teach myself the violin and guitar, but, through circumstances, didn't finish. I don't have a violin anymore, but i do have the guitar..i could still practice that. :rolleyes:

I sing as well.
tpkyteroo
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2009 03:32
I play several instruments badly. I've played in the past, Trumpet, Frenchhorn, trombone, baritone, harp - all a very long time ago. I can play Orchrestra bells. I own and play violin, viola, piano, snare drum. I own a clarinet but can't play it at all. :lol: I can play 4 chords on a guitar, but don't own one any more as i gave them to my sister. I hope to develop my upper back muscles so that i can play my violin and viola without backaches. Believe it or not, I don't have a music degree. I'm the only one in my family that plays more then 2 instruments. I hope to buy an electric guitar someday and learn that.

oiotari
Alcarinquë of Varda
Send Message
on: June 16, 2009 03:37
I used to play viola
Now I play the trumpet
princess_precious
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2009 02:00
Hi there

I sing in a choir at my church which is fun. I play guitar - I own an acoustic and an electric. I also play drums badly but can get some sort of rhythm out of it. Used to play recorder at school!!!
Dream~Giver
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 08, 2009 05:48
I play alto saxophone. :heart: Been playing it since I was 9.

I also sing. I'm a soprano.
glamdring22
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2009 06:15
I play the piano, I've been taking lessons for almost 8 years now
arwen1300
Gosling of Vána
Send Message
on: July 09, 2010 06:28
Piano since I was 6, flute since 6th grade, and singing forever, but I joined choir outside school in 5th grade.
Image If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Musical Instruments?
on: November 28, 2012 06:17
I love the guitar, but I can only play 2 songs on it. And I also really like singing.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2012 06:36
I did not do very well with my guitar lessons. But the piano is another story. I love that instrument and found it very easy to play.

A star shines upon the hour of our meeting
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2012 10:42
I can play a flute (though I'm waiting for mine to get repaired) but I also have a wooden flute/fife, that I'm not that good at yet. And an ocarina, of which I'm slowly working on trying to get better at. And I guess I am decent at the panio...probably should have stuck with those lessons when I was younger.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Nessa Sindanarie
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2012 01:55
i play guitar and piano and i sing
''I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!'' - Bilbo Baggins of Bag End
Tom Bombadill
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2012 12:01
I play the piano very well, I play the recorder and I sing, though my talent in voice is not always appreciated. I have been in a choir since I was 7.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2012 07:27
I used to take guiter lessons but didn't practise and got lazy
I can however play a didgeridoo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2012 07:18
Oh, Lord_Sauron, do you really? I would so love to hear that!

A star shines upon the hour of our meeting
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2012 03:08
Sauron, that is so cool!!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2012 03:11
I play flute, and I'm teaching myself piano and violin. But most of all, I love to sing
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2012 05:53
Flute but I stopped.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2013 08:02
Violin and guitar And a little viola but not too much
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2013 02:06
Piano, but I don't get to play very often. Also I own two ocarinas and am probably a novice still at them, and I have made myself a few didgeridoos. I'm not very good at playing them either, but they are fun to break out every once in a while.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2013 05:31
Recently found out I was selected to be in my schools string ensemble for violin Feeling pretty good
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2013 06:04
I play cello, ukulele, and piano. I've been first chair in orchestra for 4 years and even made it in to the advanced ensemble. I love playing with my siblings sooooo much (who play viola and some violin). I picked up the ukulele around the same time. I've been wanting to try it for awhile but I happened to find a good deal at Guitar Center So, I got my Charlie (yes he has a name. do NOT judge) and now I'm a pro. It's just sooooooo cute and putty! Anyway, I get the piano from my moms blood. She can play like no ones business. I can play like, well, pretty good. Enough to show off to my friends! XD I'm trying to get better at my singing voice, but, lets face it, I STINK! My sister EthelynGreenleaf is AWESOME! I <3 MUSIC!!!
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email