Register

Author Topic:
Imahobbitgirl2
Realm Leader of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
Post The Merry/Pippin/Billy/Dom thread
on: October 26, 2008 08:47
I can't believe it.

They have a couple threads for Frodo/Elijah and Sam/Sean and even one for all four Hobbits but NOTHING for Merry and Pippin? :nono:

Well, I'm fixing that.

Seeing as how I am a lover of both Merry and Pippin (and you really can't have one without the other anyway, can you?) and I couldn't decide which one to do, I am designating this the Merry/Pippin thread. This is for those people out there that are as big a nut as me for one, the other, or both of those cute, adorable, crazy little scamps (and the cute, adorable, crazy scamps that play them. :love: ). Here we can finally drool over everything from Billy's accent (*sigh*) to Dom's sarcastic wit and discuss how well they portrayed those two extremely misunderstood and overlooked Hobbits in the film.

Hey, Frodo's had his share long enough, I say! Time to turn the spotlight to the REAL heroes of LOTR -- Merry and Pippin!
legolaslover2002
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Merry/Pippin/Billy/Dom thread
on: November 23, 2008 08:54
Mmm...

Nobody has reacted so far. But good job. I adore both Dom/Merry and Pippin/Billy.

Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: December 09, 2008 03:41
Okay, now I'm sad.

Only 1 post??? I KNOW there are Merry and Pippin fans out there!!! They still post, too!!! Nobody seems to have time for the Hobbits anymore. :cry: (I mean Aragorn and Legolas are still going strong, but even with Frodo, crickets are heard. ) If you're out there PLEASE post here and tell why you love Merry and Pippin!

I love them because they are cute :love: funny, the ultimate in best friends (And even closer off-screen), charming, environmentally-loving, fantastic actors, laid-back, the nicest of people in real life, both wonderful singers, and ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!! :love::heart::love::heart::love:

Now tell me what YOU think!
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: December 22, 2008 08:50
Don't despair. I love them, too. :heart:

Frodo and Sam are my favorites, but what would we do without our dear Merry/Dom and Pippin/Billy who work so hard to put smiles on our faces and laughter in our hearts? :love:
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
LilySprings
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2008 05:25
Same with me. I'm mainly known to be with Frodo and Sam but all the hobbits are awesome! I couldn't imagine leaving any of them out.

P.S. If I explained all the reasons why I love Merry and Pippin, I would be here all night.
Ancor
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2008 12:04
Merry & Pippin=absolute little dears.
What would any of the characters do without their amusing little comic-relief stunts?
Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: December 29, 2008 04:00
Thanks, you guys. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm so glad there are Merry and Pippin lovers our there. Those two little scamps need our love! :love:
Pippin_Luv
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2009 03:49
Ah, well, here I am to say:

I just love Pippin. Don't get me wrong, I love Merry alot too, but I just adore Pip. He's so cute and fun! And he can sing, and he's heroic (Some of the time...xD).

He's been my favorite Hobbit ever since I saw FotR. I can just imagine spending a day with my favorite little Hobbit! It would be THE best day of my life.

I know how you feel, Imahobbitgirl. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person that's a nut over those two little sweethearts! You're not alone! ^o^

Pippin_Luv! :love:
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: January 13, 2009 03:59
Dom PWNS Billy as a singer man!!!!!!!!!!!! like, seriously though.
Sambart
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2009 07:53
Dom and Billy are awesome together.
Merry & Pippin are awesome together too XD

Dom and Billy are cray together XD
Anyoen seen the 'Kiss Me Deeply' clip that features the two of them?
Tis sooooo funny XD
Y'all should check it out!
Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: January 15, 2009 11:50
I know!! I LOOOOVE that vid!! I also love the "Second Breakfast" scene that also includes the classic "Dom ripping the tape off Billy's chest" scene and Billy locking Dom in the closet! ("Billyyyyy!!!! It's dark in here and I can see spiiiiiiders!!!!")

Dom PWNS Billy as a singer man!!!!!!!!!! like, seriously though.

Ahem. Frodofan, I must respectfully say HE DOES NOT!!!! :nono: Dom's got a great voice but Billy's is SO MUCH BETTER. He's a little Hobbit angel, man! C'mon, you heard him sing "Home is Behind the World Ahead". That was when I officially fell in love with Pippin. *sigh* :love: :love:
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: January 15, 2009 02:26
Yeah, but you also heard Dom singing Wonderwall. So.
Sambart
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2009 11:23
I know!! I LOOOOVE that vid!! I also love the "Second Breakfast" scene that also includes the classic "Dom ripping the tape off Billy's chest" scene and Billy locking Dom in the closet! ("Billyyyyy!!!! It's dark in here and I can see spiiiiiiders!!!!")

Haha the ripping of the tape off Billy's chest was soooo hilarious XD
I haven't seen the Spiders one though =/

Also...Dom singing Wonderwall?
I cant imagine that
Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: January 16, 2009 02:19
Watch LOST, Sambart. Dom shines in that show.

And not to offend you or anything, Frodofan, but.... Dom (though he did sing it well) was, um..... a tad flat in the singing of that song.

Let's agree to disagree here, Frodofan. Billy's the better singer, but Dom's the better actor. (even though I haven't seen Billy in anything but LOTR and Dom ROCKS in LOST.) Pippin's a tiny bit better than Merry, but Charlie's a tiny bit better than Pippin. And they're both equally hot!! :love: :heart: :love:
Sambart
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2009 11:23
Watch LOST, Sambart. Dom shines in that show.

I :heart: LOST XD
Shame Charlie was cut off though
*sniffles*

I still need to see Billy in The Flying Scotsman.

Anyone listened to Billy's band The Beecakes?
Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: January 17, 2009 01:21
LOST rocks!!! Don't worry about Charlie leaving. I hear Dom's expressed interest in returning if they can find a way for him to come back. I hope they do!!!

BTW, did you know Dom could possibly be in Utah for the Sundance Film Festival? That means he's IN THE SAME STATE as me!!!! :love::love::love:

I want to find Master and Commander! Then I only want to watch the scenes Billy was in!

Are you kidding? I have all Beecake's vids on Youtube!!! They totally rock!!! I hope they come out with a CD soon! :love: :love: :love:
PippinLivesOn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2009 06:53
Ooooh, a topic for Merry and Pippin! First of all, I don't blame you, Imahobbitgirl, for wanting to find Master and Commander so you can watch Billy in something else. I find the fact that Pippin can sing to be a major hotness factor. I also wish I could spend just one day with Pippin. I think that I could die happy if that happened.
Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: January 31, 2009 09:02
Welcome, PLO! (Can I call you that? ) It's so nice to know there are still Pippin fans out there among the newbies. :hug:

And if you want to spend a day with Billy, you'll have to get in line behind me. After he smiles/sings/talks to me in that gorgeous accent and I faint, you can have your turn with him. :heart:
Pippin_Luv
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2009 10:16
It would be so amazing to spend a day with Billy. :love: I could listen to his accent all day. It's the best accent ever.

I love all of you Hobbit-adorers! :hug:
PassionateForPippin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2009 12:12
OMG! Im so happy you guys like Dom and Billy! I like Billy more...:heart: So adorable! Evryone at my school is like.."Who's Billy Boyd?" or "EWWW! Gross!" It makes me sad!
Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: March 31, 2009 02:59
NEW PIPPIN LOVER!!! *glompage*

It's soooo nice to know there are still Merry/Pippin lovers younger than 18. Welcome, PassionateForPippin!!
Pippin_Luv
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2009 09:23
YAY~ Pippin lover! :hug: I'm a huge Pip fan myself, as you can see.

Welcome aboard! :heart:
PassionateForPippin
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2009 10:04
hahaha! you guys are great! Why, are you guys over 18?
PassionateForPippin
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2009 10:13
yeah...I'm kinda upsessed with LOTR and Billy Boyd, Dom, and Pippin. Not that crazy about Merry...just Dom!:heart:
Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: April 03, 2009 12:01
Ummm.... PFP, I know you're new and all, but please don't double post. The mods frown upon that kind of thing. Kay? Thanks!

And no, there aren't that many Merry/Pippin fans under 18, unfortunately. LilySprings is one that I know of. There possibly may be a few others, but I'm not sure of their ages. Most teenagers are either Legolas or Frodo fans, or have moved on to that Twilight vampire guy or some other fantasy hottie. I was just agreeing with you talking about the kids at your school's reaction to the, ahem, better Hobbits. At 30, I'm probably the oldest Pippin fan here. *sigh*

And how can you like Dom and not Merry? Those two are interchangeable! Dom himself has said that Merry's personality is actualy himself as a kid, so that means, Merry is Dom (which makes it even better! :love: )
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: April 03, 2009 12:49
*purses lips*

From my experience, fans of all the hobbits (and Legolas) are well-represented in all age-groups.

And, yes, you're quite right about the double-posting, Imahobbitgirl2. I wouldn't want to have to frown on anyone in here.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
PassionateForPippin
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2009 01:10
Oh sorry guys! i didn't know... wow... a 30 yr old?! No offense or anything but...wow! That's cool!
Gwenniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2010 07:01
Aww, I love Merry and Pippin. And I like Dom and billy too.
They´re so cute Don´t really know., why people don´t like them that much. I adore them.

I think I prefer Merry (film/books). But in general I think people like Pippin more (scottish!)
I once told a friend that she looks a bit like merry (Big compliment from me). She was very pleased and said that she loves Merry and his scottish accent. Then I realized that she had mixed up Merry and Pip... She was kinda disappointed when I told her it´s Pip who´s the scottish one...
RosieT
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2010 11:19
I met Billy last night, and he signed my LOTR book as Pippin.

He came across as a really nice, genuine guy.

And boy, can he sing. He's appearing in theatre in "Sunshine on Leith".
CormaBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2010 02:46
No way, Rosie! That's sooo cool!! I wish I could meet him and the rest of the other actors! They seem like they'd be really nice.

I'm really glad you got to meet him, that's like a once in a lifetime thing!
RosieT
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2010 11:00
He's so lovely, really.

And he'd have been a great Bilbo imo. People usually say that being Pippin would get in the way of that, but I don't think so - he was related to Bilbo after all, hence the likeness. And he's a good actor and could have played it differently.

But Martin Freeman will be good, I'm sure.
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2010 11:33
I think Billy and Dom were meant to play Pippin and Merry. No one could have done it just like them. I (personally) like Merry and Pippin *better* in the movies because of Dom and Billy.

P.S. Imahobbitgirl2, do you still use this website? And I love your avatar! Charlie rocks!
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2011 07:32
I used to be head-over heels for Dom . It was awful because I couldn't really focus on anything else.
I watch the clip of Billy singing Brittney Spears song every time I felt depressed and it instantly brightened my day. I love those guys
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2011 06:19
Pay attention for I shall only say this once:

So hot! <3

~Frodo (the Second)
PeregrinGuardoftheCitadel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2011 05:23
The best Bily and Dom clip is where Billy locks Dom in a closet.

~PeregrinGuardoftheCitadel, aka Charlie Pace, aka Elizabeth Swan, aka just me
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email