Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
Post Re: 221b Baker Street - the stop for all Sherlock Holmes fans!
on: September 20, 2012 03:15
Yep, apparently they've filmed some of the immediate follow on from the last ep already, and will continue filming Jan 2013. No idea of a release date yet. Guess our Bilbo and Smaug will need to finish stuff for the Hobbit before they can film Sherlock!
"There is more in you of good than you know ..."
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2012 05:55
^^ lol I wonder what their reactions were when they found out they were cast together again!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: September 22, 2012 02:41
Smaug is in Hollywood at the moment playing a cliché, an English villain, in a blockbuster. It pays the rent I suppose. We've just had the last episode of 'Parade's End' on BBC here. The main character was played by.. erm.. that guy from 'Sherlock', whatsisname. A great actor is one who disappears in the role. Brilliant series, great actor.
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: September 22, 2012 03:21
Oh is that for the latest film in the Star Trek franchise?
tarcolan
Send Message
on: September 22, 2012 06:04
Oh yes I remember now, I think it is. I can't see it taxing his abilities too heavily.
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2012 08:00
I heard he was going to be in that. Has anyone seen it?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: September 22, 2012 11:58
It's not out yet. Not sure if they've even started filming it yet. It'll be released 17th May 2013 in Britain.

Anyone seen the first JJAbrams reboot?
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2012 04:06
Ooooooohhh..... ok.
No, I haven't seen it. What's it about?
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: September 29, 2012 06:42
It's like the very beginning of the Star Trek franchise but rewritten from the original TV series.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_%28film%29
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2012 07:21
^ Cool!

I just watched Elementary, the new SH show on CBS. It was pretty good.
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: October 02, 2012 12:57
I'm not sure what I'd think of that with a female Watson and all.
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2012 03:46
Ya, it seeemed sorta like a CSI type show with Sherlock Holmes mixed in there. I'll admit, I enjoyed a lot of it, but it could've been better.
*mumbles* and I still need to watch Sherlock...hdkahdiekfhrklamxjdfrd.....
ThiefintheNight
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2013 06:35
mind if I cut in?
i saw the sherlock holmes forum and almost squealed with joy! I have yet to read the books (please don't shoot me!) i have seen the BBC Sherlock, the new PBS sherlock (where watson is a woman) and the Sherlock movies, with Robert Downey jr.! I enjoy all of them! they are amazing each in thier own way!
_______ Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul. -Marilyn Monroe
Amaille_Valin_Idhren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2013 11:13
I'm also a Sherlockian! Nice to meet yaaa!!
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2013 04:02
^ *shakes hand enthusiastically* Nice to meet ya too!! D

AND I FINALLY WATCHED SHERLOCK!!!! Oh my gosh, it was amaaaaaaazing!! <33
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2013 04:58
I like Sherlock! However, I disliked in the utmost the one Sherlock Holmes movie I saw. I didn't like the guys that played Watson and Sherlock at all. And the whole movie was just horribly morbid. Meh.

But anyway, nasty Sherlock movies aside, the books are sooo good! I haven't read many of them, but the ones I have read/been read (my dad has read a couple of them as a family read-a-loud), I liked very much.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
TofuFishy
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2013 06:14
Looks like I am not the only one here who adores Sherlock! I, however, never read the books because the moment I was going to LOTR got in the way so now SIr Arthur Conan Doyle's works are on my "you better continue these books after that one" list. And so, I must admit, I'm more a fan of BBC Sherlock than anything else by default. And I really do adore it! It's been a few months and I'm still not over the Reichenbach Fall! Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are doing wonderfully with their roles!

Surely I'm not the only one extremely excited for Season 3?
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2013 04:03
I am a HUGE Sherlock fan! Everything about the show is awesome, acting, costumes...everything. I can't wait for series 3, I am so glad that filming starts soon.
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
Bumping up!
Canalaure
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Also a Sherlockian here... I was so excited when they announced Benedict Cumberbatch for Smaug! And I'm with you, Ariadwen - I can't wait for Season 3!

I haven't seen Elementary yet... I'm a little afraid that the BBC Sherlock has spoiled me Though Robert Downey Jr. ran a close second to Benedict Cumberbatch. Martin Freeman will always be Watson for me, though

What did everyone think of Game of Shadows (RDJ Sherlock #2)? I thought it was really epic, but it felt a little odd for me. What I really love about Sherlock and Watson in all their "incarnations" is the friendship between them. I think when Watson gets married in movies/shows it changes they dynamic and throws things off. I know Watson was actually married for a good part of the original Sherlock stories, but that's just what I've noticed in modern incarnations.
There are certain fictional characters' deaths you will never recover from. Ever. One more miracle, Sherlock. One more miracle for me.
tarcolan
Send Message
The writers have managed to foil Watson's love interests so far but we'll have to wait and see. Not long now, they've been showing them again here in UK to whet people's appetite. It's so good it's hard to believe; acting,scripts, photography, sets. And feature film length too! Crazy. I think the best one is 'Scandal In Belgravia', excellent story by Moffat.

I still haven't figured out how he survived but I don't want to know, it'd spoil the next episode now. Oooh, exciting!
tarcolan
Send Message
New series episode 1. Watched with anticipation. Gaaaaaaah! The rotters! Not fair not fair.
Very funny though.
Bartimaeus
Council Member
Send Message
Moriaaarty!

Love the third series.

SadroTook
Council Member
Send Message
Yay!! Sherlockians!! As well as everyone else, I love the new show. Watson is my absolute favourite, as he was in the books. Can't wait for season 4!! Also, FYI, how many know about the mini-episode, 'Many Happy Returns'?
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email