Author Topic:
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
Post Elrond's Message: OOC
on: February 11, 2009 04:19
BACKGROUND
~~~~~~~~~
The elves of Rivendell are at war once more with the goblins of the Misty Mountains. The goblins, commanded by groups of humans under Sauron's command, are devastating the elven armies. Knowing that he has no chance of victory without Cirdan's help, Elrond sends Arvanion, a half-elven errand-rider of Rivendell, to Cirdan with a message detailing the battle plans. However, Arvanion is attacked and his message is taken. The brigands who took his message must be located before the next new moon, or Elrond's plans will be laid bare to Sauron's agents and Eriador will fall. I, Arvanion, am in need of warriors on this quest; but there are many dangers in the vast reaches of Eriador.
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
Post RE: Elrond's Message: OOC
on: February 13, 2009 01:54
Moderator's note;
When is this RP set? You need to make sure that you don't conflict with what is known about Elrond and Cirdan and the battles in which they and their people were involved.
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2009 02:46
Just before the Quest of Erebor; the goblins would still be at full strength before the Battle of Five Armies, and that leaves room for some military activity... even if it isn't explicitly mentioned in the Lore.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2009 04:47
Sounds interesting! Can I join in? I have an elf named Naegauth that I think would do well with this setting. Look him up in the character database if you want to.
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2009 06:16
Sure; I'd love to have you join. Any plans for along the road: enemy encounters, friendly encounters, etc?

[Edited on 16/2/2009 by arvanion898]
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2009 06:44
I'm thinking that our characters, and possibly some others will meet up at that pub and we will set off from there. That would be cool if we could run into a troll at least once and barely defeat it. We should also have our characters fight off a warg pack that surrounds them at their campfire.

Those are my paltry ideas though. What do you have in mind?
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2009 03:32
A troll sounds good... we'll wait on the wargs until we move south towards Eregion (they usually weren't along the Great East Road). I think that Arvanion's Dunedain buddies should make a cameo somewhere... say, that could be how we beat the troll!
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2009 01:55
The troll battle should be epic. We could have the Dunedain allies come in at the last second to save our skins.

BTW, I will be posting in the RP soon. I just haven't had the chance to write anything that big yet.
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2009 02:50
You can be the epic warrior... I'm too wounded to do that much. We'll be travelling slowly...
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2009 05:01
Ok, sounds good. We need more people! Well, we don't NEED them, but it would help.
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2009 05:51
Yeah, I'm going to wait for one more person... either that or for three more days. Then we just leave the pub and let others catch up... We'll be travelling SLOWLY, as I said before.
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2009 12:06
One more person? What about Radavik? (see his profile) Well, he's not an epic warrior, but I hope he'd do
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2009 12:26
He'll work in the RP. Perhaps he could be an old acquaintance of Arvanion's. We've left the inn and are now looking for horses... who better to sell them to us? Remember, you already know me.
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2009 12:40
So he's a horse seller? Works for me, I'll post if you don't mind.
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2009 03:21
Go right ahead.
minimangamaniac
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2009 09:51
Hey, is it ok if I join up in the group, even if it's a little belated? I have a ranger that's extreamly friendly with the elves, and loves adventure and getting into stuff!
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: February 21, 2009 10:32
To the newcomers to the RPG Forum:

Please let me remind you to be sure to read the Rules and Guidelines for these forums. They are listed at the tops of all the three units (OOC, TR and TT).

I recommend that you at least read this one and this one.

Carry on and enjoy!
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2009 10:54
With Mirach as a Dunedain the troll scene could work very well. His allies could save us because of their relations with him!
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2009 12:46
I believe that MMM has a ranger character as well, so I'm going to have her [the character] come in and save our skins during the troll battle. MMM, you may bring a patrol with you.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2009 05:14
When do you think we should start that battle? Right now, our people are getting ready to go so I think anytime would do great once we've traveled for a bit.
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2009 05:57
I've initiated a small battle with some wandering bandits. The troll will come in (as will MMM) after an uneventful 2 days.
minimangamaniac
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2009 12:16
Sweet! Just send me a PM if your tired of waiting for me to come!
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2009 05:26
I'll PM you when you come in. Until then, imagine how much you can help us out.
minimangamaniac
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2009 12:08
Anyone have some good ideas for K.O.-ing this Troll? I have some, but they're rather lame, so I want to hear what y'all think!
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2009 01:52
You could have a party of rangers hiding somewhere until the time was right to fire. Then the rangers could shoot a bunch of arrows into the troll until he looked like porcupine. After that, your character could jump out and shoot the troll between the eyes! Killing him!

Thats just my idea though.

What did you have in mind?
minimangamaniac
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2009 04:06
That's actually a really good idea! Forget mine! I think I'll use that one, if that's ok with you?
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2009 05:44
Yeah! If you really wanna use it!
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2009 06:07
Excellent shot, Orch. Well, I offered to let you join our little band of merry men (women, now...), which you will doubtless accept. After that, on to Eregion!
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2009 06:20
Do we have any plans for what is going to happen in the remainder of the journey? Should we have any more attacks or should we all play it cool until we get to the place with the message? Maybe we could have a huge battle at the site and we fight against a huge camp of bandits.

Then, if we wanted to extend this awesome rp we could have one of the bandits tell us that the message has been carried off somewhere else.

Or we could let the rp die in peace

What do you guys think?
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2009 03:01
Actually, I had us delivering the message... and then getting involved in the awesomeness. *shifty eyes* You'll find out later, Naegauth.
minimangamaniac
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2009 11:40
sounds awsome!
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2009 11:51
Ok! That sounds good. Strangely, I never even thought of that!

Naegauth is getting impatient!
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2009 05:58
I've had some rehearsals lately, but I finally got the time to post. So, we left.
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2009 12:24
I'm really sorry, but I fear that I don't have so much time as I would want recently and I must reduce my RPs to be able to participate in the remaining ones properly.
Radavik could depart with Orchalie's group of rangers or he could travel with you and be silent, what is better or you... When I have more time, he will return.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2009 12:39
I'll miss having Radavik in the party, but I understand.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email