Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Oni-chan
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: NEWBIES INTRODUCTION THREAD - Please introduce yourself here!!
on: May 19, 2009 01:10
its been years since the last time I'm playing around CoE... but I'm kinda forget how the things works in here.. so I guess I'm a newbie again... but should I introduce myself?

[Edited on 19/5/2009 by Oni-chan]
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2009 03:19
welcome merechristian! and welcome back oni-chan! :wave: i see no reason why not to re-introduce yourself have fun, and good luck finding your way around! pm if you have any questions!
Give me a horse and watch me fly!
Elanor_the_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2009 06:30
:heart: *waves at the newbies* :heart:
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: May 20, 2009 04:08
Hello Oni-chan Please do re-introduce yourself! I think it's a good opportunity for our other members and newbies to get to know you a bit.
Welcome back to CoE btw , I hope you'll stay with us for a while again.
Greetings!

Errandir of Gondolin

PS to all members: I'm pleased to see other members come in to greet the newbies, that's something I welcome very much. But please do try to make it a bit more interesting than just waving without actually saying something . A kind word makes newbies (and the mod ) much happier.
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
iNosha
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2009 05:17
Heya!!!

I'm iNosha from New Delhi, India, a crazy thirteen year old and I'm pretty much new here, just joined yesterday y'see??? So basically, my main reason to join up was to get access to the Sindrian lessons, but as I explored the site, I fell in love with LOTR once agin, hece now I'm determined to establish my self as a CRAZY LOTR addict.

I wouldn't wanna bore you people with my rants on my hobbies so if anyone wants to know, I am.....Well tell ya later ;D

So nice to meet ya'll and yeah- HI (once again)

Over-excited
iNosha

[Edited on 23/5/2009 by iNosha]
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 22, 2009 05:33
Hiya,I'm Lucy,or Tooky as anyone who knows me from other non-LotR sites calls me,I prefer Tooky,but with all the other Tooks...

But I ramble,I do that a lot. Get to know me and I talk to myself in PMs...but I'm rambling again,arn't I?

But welcome!Mae govannen! Well met! Suilaid! Greetings! Gîl síla na lû govaded! A star shines on the hour of our meeting!Le suilon! I greet thee!

And no,I don't speak Sindrian,copy-paste and an useful phrase guide is awesome to make ones self look smarter than they are.

Enjoy your stay! And don't forget the realms! Realm of Vana is awesome!,Shameless plug over,they're all great.

[Edited on 23/5/2009 by gondolinian]
iNosha
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2009 05:56
Hiya,I'm Lucy,or Tooky as anyone who knows me from other non-LotR sites calls me,I prefer Tooky,but with all the other Tooks...

But I ramble,I do that a lot. Get to know me and I talk to myself in PMs...but I'm rambling again,arn't I?

But welcome!Mae govannen! Well met! Suilaid! Greetings! Gîl síla na lû govaded! A star shines on the hour of our meeting!Le suilon! I greet thee!

And no,I don't speak Sindrian,copy-paste and an useful phrase guide is awesome to make ones self look smarter than they are.

Enjoy your stay! And don't forget the realms! Realm of Vana is awesome! ,Shameless plug over,they're all great.

Thanks a lot Lucy (d'you mind if I called you Tooky??)
Nice to met ya, umm.....lemme past a phrase Mae govannen *cheecky Grin*

iNosha

[Edited on 23/5/2009 by gondolinian]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: May 22, 2009 10:24
Hi iNosha :wave:, welcome CoE.

I hope you'll enjoy it here, we have a wonderful site and community. Good luck with the elvish lessons by the way .
May I ask not to use too much slang? Of course everyone makes typos or spellingmistakes, but words such as 'lemme' are clearly slang. Since it doesn't approve the readability of posts, I would prefer it if you didn't use slang. Thanks.
Make yourself comfortable, enjoy the site!

Errandir of Gondolin
Gerinveleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2009 10:22
Mae Govannen!!

My elvish name is Gerinveleth. I am a fan of the Tolkien works and enjoy talking about LOTR with fellow fans. I hail from Honduras but live in the U.S. now. I speak English, Spanish, and some French, Portuguese and Italian.
I am not much of a reader, but the LOTR trilogy is the only set of books I've read consistently from start to finish. I guess that's why its so dear to me.well, hope to chat with you guys soon.

Namaarie
Loslote
Mother Goose of Vána & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 23, 2009 05:39
Hi, Gerinveleth! You speak a lot of languages...I just speak English, Spanish, and Latin. Welcome to our site of Tolkienites!

Hi, iNosha! And Lucy, I've met you before, but hello to you too!
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2009 06:05
Hi, iNosha and Gerinveleth! :wave:

Wow, Gerinveleth, you do speak a lot of languages. That's really cool.

Hope you guys have a great time here!

~West
iNosha
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2009 07:42
Hi iNosha :wave:, welcome CoE.

I hope you'll enjoy it here, we have a wonderful site and community. Good luck with the elvish lessons by the way .
May I ask not to use too much slang? Of course everyone makes typos or spellingmistakes, but words such as 'lemme' are clearly slang. Since it doesn't approve the readability of posts, I would prefer it if you didn't use slang. Thanks.
Make yourself comfortable, enjoy the site!

Errandir of Gondolin

Sure Gondolinian, really sorry for using slang. I won't do it next time, promise

Thanks for the kind welcome and thanks for the best of luck on the lessons, I guess I'll need all the luck I can get....

Loslote,WestoftheMoon58,
Thanks for the kind welcome!! Hope we gel along well.

Hi Gerinveleth!!!

Welcome here, I'm a fellow newbie like you so.....HEY!!!
Hope you have really awesome time here.

Thanks
iNosha

[Edited on 24/5/2009 by gondolinian]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: May 23, 2009 10:23
Hello and welcome Gerinveleth :wave:.

Perhaps you can add elvish to that long list of languages soon, if you're interested. We've got some great elvish lessons!
Make yourself comfortable and enjoy the site.

Errandir of Gondolin
Rael
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2009 07:28
Hi im Rael and i live in England, I am 15 and i am completely in love with both the books and the film. I found the site by looking for images and it looked really good so i joined!
My favourite characters are the elves but i also think that Pippin is great too, as he always makes me smile.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: June 04, 2009 11:32
Hi Rael, welcome to CoE!

I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy your love for LOTR (and Pippin ) on our site, it's a wonderful place.

Errandir of Gondolin
Loslote
Send Message
on: June 04, 2009 05:36
Welcome, Rael! I hope you enjoy it here.
Lyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2009 10:53
Hey.. it's Lyna, here!

I'm actually not new. I was a member for years, left.. but now am back! So, I just wanted to let everyone know that..

I'm back!
True joy, is found at the Master’s feet.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: June 05, 2009 08:58
Welcome back Lyna . Glad to see you picked up your membership again!
Re-enjoy the site .

Errandir of Gondolin
Enel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2009 09:01
Hi! I am Enel! I just moved to North-West Georgia. I was reciently introduced to the Middle Earth by some of our neighbors. After I read the LoTR books, I was in a mad panic to watch the movies. I loved the books and the movies. I've been compleatly obsessed with anything Tolkien for the past 4 months. It's driving my family crazy! I found the site while looking for a way to learn Elvish. I'm so glad I joined!
Loslote
Send Message
on: June 09, 2009 10:56
Hi, Enel! Welcome to our site! We do have a great elvish program here - I've never found anything better, but then, I did stop looking...
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: June 09, 2009 08:53
Hello Enel :wave:. Welcome to CoE. If you're hoping to learn elvish, our site is one of the best .
Make yourself comfortable, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll be happy to help out.

Errandir of Gondolin
Ullúme_Anaróre
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2009 04:07
hi i'm Ullúme Anaróre, i'm 15, i live in the USA. i found this website while looking for my brother's elvish name, because he's completely obsessed with LotR. i've read the Hobbit and LotR each several times, some of the Silmarillion, some of the Unfinished Tales. i've seen the LotR movies many times. currently i'm very interested in learning quenya or sindarin.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: June 10, 2009 11:11
Welcome Ullúme Anaróre . I'm glad you decided to join, even if it was for your brother . If you want to learn elvish, our site is one of the best! So don't forget to check out our elvish lessons.
May you become as obsessed with LoTR as your brother .
Greetings!

Errandir of Gondolin
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2009 01:41
Hey all, I go by Skirr. 18 and fresh out of high school up here in the Pacific Northwest! I've read the books many times, watched the movies endlessly, and currently want to brush up on my elvish. Hope that I can find a place here to talk. don't want to be a bother =) and I look forward to meeting the people here.
Loslote
Send Message
on: June 10, 2009 05:48
Welcome, Ullume_Anarore and Skirr! Whether you're interested in talking or learning elvish, we're very glad to have you here!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: June 10, 2009 09:02
Hello Skirr :wave: Welcome to CoE. If you want to brush up elvish, you came to the right place. Don't worry to be a bother, this community is pleased to greet you and talk to you. If you specifially want to talk about elvish, perhaps have a look at the elvish 101 forum.
If you have any questions or problems, feel free to contact me anytime.

Errandir of Gondolin
Lassemista
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2009 05:43
Hello! *waves* My name is Heather, and I'm from England. yay! Erm, stuff about me... I'm 16, I play the cello, I rather enjoy knitting:heart:. Oh, yes, I'm slightly obsessed with Tolkien So, hello everyone!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: June 12, 2009 09:28
Hello Heather :wave:. Welcome to CoE, pleased to meet you!
Knitting... now there's a hobby you don't see often performed by 16 year old's .
Enjoy your membership, we have a wonderful site full with stuff about LoTR to please you.

Errandir of Gondolin
Golweniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2009 10:24
Hello everyone! Not sure what I'm supposed to say...

Oh well, I'm Sofia, a 16 year-old girl from the oh-so-too-cold finland.
I love lord of the rings (haven't read it.. shame on me) but i'm not that familiar with tolkien's other production (i will be, no worries!). I'm at the moment studying quenya - it is so much fun and it fascinates me a lot hmm.. maybe i should tell some other facts about me.. like interests?
Well i'm a massive star wars fan, I play the guitar and i'm really interested in music.. i love to play tennis and golf and snowboarding is fun too and.... I'm really weird and rather geeky, i've noticed. Anyway, it doesn't bother me and oh, i'm really in love with everything, let's call it, mystical i guess we all are.

Anyway, peace out!

p.s I have to admit that this site has already made my wildest dreams come true!

[Edited on 12/6/2009 by Golweniel]

[Edited on 12/6/2009 by Golweniel]
Loslote
Send Message
on: June 12, 2009 02:03
Hey, Lassemista and Golweniel! Glad you like it here. I hope you stay for a long time!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: June 12, 2009 09:40
Hi Golweniel, and welcome to CoE!

I can only advise you to quickly read up on Tolkien's wonderful work, especially the LoTR Trilogy . You'll love it even more as the movies.
I think everybody here on the site has a little bit of a geeky side, so don't worry . We're happy to have you with us.
Enjoy the site and our elvish lessons, don't forget to look around more cause it's huge with a lot more to offer.
Make yourself comfortable and enjoy your membership!

Errandir of Gondolin
Phoebe
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2009 12:11
Hello, everyone!

I've been a lurker on this site for several years now, and I'm only just joining now. Sad, huh? Anyway, I'm thrilled to finally be a member here, and I can't wait to discuss LoTR with everyone!

I'll be honest and say that I wasn't a Lord of the Rings fan until I saw Return of the King; that film touched me like no other film has in my entire life. I quickly became obsessed with the other two films in the trilogy and started reading the books, but for some reason, once I got about a third of the way through Return of the King, I stopped. I'm currently in the process of re-reading Fellowship, and this time I am going to make it through the whole trilogy (and I know I will re-read this beautiful story many, many more times in the future).

Last summer, I had the chance to see the Lord of the Rings stage production in London three times. It was a beautiful interpretation of the story, and I miss this show so much. I was so upset that it had to close after only just over a year on the West End. If anyone has any questions about the show, I will be happy to discuss it with you.

And I live in the U.S., not London.
Miluiel93
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2009 07:58
Hey!

My name is Amelia, or Miluiel, you pick! Found Miluiel on a site - I don't actually speak Sindarin, but I really want to! One of the many reasons for joining!
I'm a 16 year old girl, and I'm half danish, half english, but I live in Belgium. Speak a couple of languages - not that many - and would love to add Sindarin to that list! Maybe Quenya, later!
Anywho, stumbled upon this site one evening, while I was supposed to be studying for my physics exam, and I joined, so here I am!

I love the Tolkien, but that's no surprise as I just joined! I love other fantasy too, up for a chat about that, and I love music. I quite liked the film - there are some aspects of them that I don't agree with, but such is it with things you cannot control...

This site is awesome - nice to find people who might be just as, if not more nerdy than me! I will try to better myself...

Hope to become a frequent member in the near future!
Thanks for the site - it looks fantastic!

Miluiel

[Edited on 16/6/2009 by Miluiel93]
Aran_Quendi
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2009 08:31
Welcome to the site Amelia/Miluiel! Glad that you have joined us and there is a lot to do around here, I hope to see you around!!
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: June 16, 2009 08:38
Welcome, Pheobe and Miluiel! Glad to have you on CoE! I hope you find a good home here- see you around the site!
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email