Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
Post A King's Legacy OOC (TR, semi-scripted/Recruiting closed)
on: March 05, 2011 06:20
Many generations after the War of the Ring, Gondor and the rest of Middle-Earth see decades of peace, occasionally splotched with bouts of war and disturbances. Under the king Hingaer, a descendant in the line of Aragorn and the kings of old, Gondor has peace and prosperity, but this comes to an abrupt halt after the king dies of old age. He leaves behind three sons, a daughter, and his aging wife. The eldest, Renault, is due to inherit the throne, but almost immediately, he begins to abuse his power, slowly but surely becoming a tyrant. He disregards his council, his mother, his siblings, and his fellow countrymen and begins to embark on a worsening path of autonomy. What is there to be done?

A rebellion begins to stir. Headed by the two younger brothers, Aeron and Gerant, the movement to make Renault listen soon turns into an outright attempt to oust him from the throne and place Aeron in his stead. This civil war will pit brother against brother, countryman against countryman and will not stop until one side or the other falls.

Enter in Adrienne, an intelligent but royalist lass whose father and uncle serve under Renault. Her family, along with the Captain of the Rangers, spearhead the rebellion against Renault, causing a conflict of interest.

In a war to determine the future of Gondor, no one knows the outcome, but what is known is that unless something is done, Renault will tarnish the prestige of the Gondorian throne and ultimately continue to lead his country into turmoil.

*~*~*~*~*

There you have it! That is the premise of my new RP. Modeled after the English War of the Roses, I've had this idea rolling around for about a year, and it has slowly been falling into place. I am looking for experienced, committed RP'ers who wouldn't mind taking on a role or two, good or "bad". I will be playing Adrienne, her father, and her brother, and the characters I am looking to cast are listed below:

Renault, king of Gondor
Aeron, prince of Gondor and brother of Renault
Gerant, prince of Gondor and brother of Renault
Gwyneira, Dowager Queen of Gondor
Eira, princess of Gondor and sister of the three princes
Emir, captain of the Rangers
Ardyn, Adrienne's uncle and a close councilor to Renault
Various councilors, Rangers, soldiers, Gondorians, citizens, etc.

I would also welcome original characters!! To keep things consistent with Middle Earth in the Fourth Age, there would be few elves, hobbits, or dwarves in Gondor, but that is not to say that either side would not appeal to these races for an alliance. Original characters would still be very vital for the RP's movement.

Furthermore, this RP is semi-scripted, meaning that some characters (those listed above) are going to be involved as well as some plotting. For example, I would love to see a rocky-turned-romantic relationship between Adrienne and Gerant. Another plot event includes the capture of many rebel leaders and...well, I can't give this part of the plot away, can I?

So, if you are interested in taking part in this ambitious RP, please either pm me or post below with your chosen character and a small introduction to him/her. Depending on the thread's interest, people can have more than one role, but please just choose one for now! Thanks for looking!!!

[Edited on 4/8/2011 by Dinenlasse]

[Edited on 5/18/2011 by Dinenlasse]
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A King's Legacy OOC (TR, semi-scripted/Recruiting closed)
on: March 06, 2011 12:42
I would like to join, if you want me. I don't mind playing more than one character.

I am really interested in the plots and it sounds really good, so I would like to be apart of this.

I think I would like to be one of the princes for now.

[Edited on 6/3/2011 by Nínimelle]
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 07, 2011 06:04
Eira sounds like a character I would like to take.

I would like to join, if you will take me. It's been awhile since I have RP'd but I am experienced and write good posts that are at least 2 paragraphs.

I'm not sure if you had any sort of plan for Eira? You don't mention her in the introduction except to say she is the sister. I am curious.

Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 07, 2011 08:37
I would love the both of you!!! Nínimelle, I very much enjoy doing joint posts with you, and although I'm not sure if we've RP'ed together before, Erucenindë, but I've looked at some of your writing before, and I can't wait to see how you'd do here!

I haven't fully developed my ideas on Eira, but it'd be interesting to see what side she'd take, royalist or rebel. As a princess, she wouldn't have THAT much power, but she could certainly be influential in other ways. I'd like for her to be friendly with Adrienne since she won't have much female contact. Any ideas you'd like to entertain?

Nín, do you know which prince you'd like to be?

I'm going to start working on a post that works as an introduction to the royal family and Adrienne's family.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2011 02:46
I am going for Gerant. So, his family is: Aeron, Eira, Renault, Hingaer and his mother.

I put Gerant in the data base, I hope he is good.

[Edited on 8/3/2011 by Nínimelle]
~Laesneniel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2011 03:01
I'd like to join as well, if you'll have me. I don't get on very often (about once a week - three times at the most), so I'm not sure if that'll be a problem.
If it isn't, I'd like to play Emir and maybe two of my own characters if thats ok. My two aren't on the database yet, but if I can join, I can put them up there or here. Whatever works for you!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 09, 2011 03:09
Well, I can have her indecisive at first. IN the beginning she is swayed by either side, but eventually will make a choice. Eira loves both brothers and wishes both happiness, and perhaps at first this is why she is blind to Renault's evil doings.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 10, 2011 02:36
Laesneniel, welcome! I'd love to have you play Emir!! So long as you can get on once a week, that's fine! What other characters do you have?

Eru, I really like the ideas you have so far! Maybe she and Adrienne can be the same age?

Hey Nin, I really like your db entry for Gerant. Is there any chance you could make him a little bit older? Maybe 23ish or so? If not, that's perfectly ok!

Also, now that we have a considerable amount of interest, I'm going to get the intro up this weekend. I'm going to introduce the characters and give you some idea of their attitudes, roles, and whatnot. It'll be right fun!

[Edited on 3/11/2011 by Dinenlasse]
~Laesneniel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2011 03:17
YAY! Hannon le! I can for sure get on atleast once a week. I'll put them up in the database soon - I have to finish my spanish first.

Their names are Siladhiel (female elf) and then Druick (male ranger). They'll be in the database ASAP.

I'd like to put Emir in the database, so what gender and how old?

ps. You can just call me Laes.
Fennuir
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2011 10:00
I got the ok to join so I'll take on the roll of Aeron. I'll set him up with a bio on the weekend. I'll likely bring in another character of mine but to start with I'm going to work on getting Aeron set up.

Nínimelle I'll get in touch with you so we can share info on the brothers.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 11, 2011 04:46
Do I need to put Eira in the database? I can do that if you want.
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2011 05:06
I have changed Gerant's age into 23 Dinen. I like that more as well, I just didn't know what age he should be and whether he is youngest or not.

Fennuir, I already replied to your message. Welcome. I'm sure it's going to be fun playing the younger brothers together.

Oh, I wouldn't mind putting in a second character, if you want Dinen.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 11, 2011 11:10
Eru, if you'd like to put Eira in the db, go right ahead!

Nin, that'd be great! One of your own characters?

Laes, Emir is male, and he should be somewhere between 30 and 40.

For everyone, here is the order of the royal family: Renault (28ish), Aeron (25ish), Gerant (23), and Eira (under 23). We still need people to play Renault and Gwyneira. Renault is a major part, Gwyneira, not so much. Furthermore, I wouldn't mind playing Ardyn to finish up the family.

In Adrienne's immediate family, there is Adrienne, her father Thyrin (Ardyn's brother), and her brother Matthias.

Any more questions?

And finally, thank you all for your interest! You have no idea how excited I am for this!

[Edited on 3/11/2011 by Dinenlasse]
Fennuir
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2011 11:14
I've put Aeron into the database. I thought of taking on Renault but I just don't do being a tyrant that well. I was Sauron in a Silmarillion thread and I didn't enjoy the roll. I will take on the roll of being a soldier/messenger and a citizen as the story moves on. Those type of characters I share so everyone can use them as long as it stay consistent.

I write using UK/Canadian English. Just so you don't think I can't spell. I love spell check.
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2011 03:48
I will take Renault, he is already in the database. I hope you like him and I think we can start soon.

[Edited on 12/3/2011 by Nínimelle]
Fennuir
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2011 07:42
I have added an elf character, Elendë. His brief bio is posted.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 14, 2011 03:48
Sorry I haven't posted yet. I got caught up writing a midterm this weekend. The post is in the works and will be up momentarily! Thanks for your patience!

Also, the characters look great! Adrienne will be in shortly!

[Edited on 3/15/2011 by Dinenlasse]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 14, 2011 07:24
Sorry for the double post! The RP is up! I took what I found in the database for the characters and gave them an introduction. If anyone finds that they do not want their character tampered with, PLEASE let me know and I will edit the post.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 15, 2011 04:21
Ok sorry I was not able to get Eira in the character database! But I have now. clicky and there's even a picture.

Good opening post.

[Edited on 3/15/2011 by Erucenindë]
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2011 05:33
Very good first post, Dinen! Will there be a post order?
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 15, 2011 03:42
Not right away, but if we find that we need one, then we can implement it!

And thank you everyone!
~Laesneniel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2011 03:55
Sorry for not posting this weekend - mandatory family time. bleh. lol I'll put Emir, Druick and Siladhiel up on the database tomorrow!
Fennuir
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2011 08:03
Dinenlasse that is a superb post.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2011 10:01
Suilad!
Can I join? I totally loved your intro, Dinenlasse, and if you'd let me I'd gladly take Ardyn off your hands (as you already have quite a few characters to work with). I might add a char of mine, or two, to the story as well. I thought I might provide some initial support for Renault in the face of people trusting in the young king's ability to make the right choices if guided properly. If that goes with your idea for the plot, of course.

~Nif
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 16, 2011 03:16
I would love to have you join, Nif! And having you take Ardyn and putting in another character is fantastic! Just to give a quick brief on Ardyn: he is the link between the royalty and the rebellion but fiercely loyal to his older brother. He's the queen's clerk and will remain so under Renault's regime. Whatever else you'd like to add is greatly welcomed!

And with your other character, would he/she be a councilor or nobleperson to support Renault?
~Laesneniel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2011 02:06
Whew! *wipes forehead* I finally have Emir, Siladhiel and Druick up in the database. Let me know if they're good or if you'd like me to change anything.
I probably won't be on till friday or even saturday.

And then just to let you all know, I'll be gone from next Monday (the 21st) until the following Friday (the 25th) for a school camping trip. I'll defintely be on the next week!

So just in case I'm not on till then, See you later all!

[Edited on 17/3/2011 by ~Laesneniel~]
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2011 05:22
Hey Dinen,

you said in the opening you wanted a rocky-turned romantic relationship between Adrienne and Gerant. How are we going to do that?

Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 17, 2011 06:18
I'm not entirely sure. Possibly Adrienne thinks he's arrogant and refuses to see beyond what is in front of her. Everything he does irritates her for one reason or another, and perhaps it could be the same way with Gerant. Addie is proud, and it is one of her faults. Eventually, they will work past it as the rebellion goes on and they come to find that they might have to rely on each other more than they thought. Or something to that effect.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2011 10:35
They do come from very different worlds with quite different lifestyles, priorities and ideas about life and relationships. I suggest you work from that - and you'll manage it quite nicely to have a rocky beginning! Some misunderstandings work like a charm in this kind of situations.
OK, my post is coming up and should be available for reading soon enough!

~Nif
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 18, 2011 02:46
Fantastic posts everyone!! Laes, I love your characters! Nif, if you want to post first then I will get my next one up and edge things along. I love how quickly this is taking off of the ground!
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2011 12:05
So, I have the approval of Dinen, and please welcome Ardyn and Naurind!

Naurind has been taken under the protective wing of Ardyn very recently - about a year ago or so - so there are still some very basic truths his mentor has to hammer in the youth's blond head. I'll be introducing him to the thread soon enough.
In the Realm of Ulmo
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 20, 2011 10:07
Laes, I wanted to let you know that Emir is very familiar with Thyrin as they knew each other for years. It will make things a lot easier when it comes to banding together to plot. Bahaha!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 22, 2011 04:44
I promise I will post again soon.
Fennuir
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2011 07:10
Nifredil since we're going to play Aeron and Ardyn as friends before Renault comes to the throne I'm going to have them meet by chance in the great hall.

When not in Minus Tirith, Aeron will be based is in Annúminas, the ancient Northern capital, which is above the Shire in Northern Eriador(Arnor). There he lives in a castle rebuilt in the days of Elessar. There he also has a standing army and cavalry for quick dispatch to anywhere in the northern region of Gondor.

[Edited on 23/3/2011 by Fennuir]
~Laesneniel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2011 11:51
Hello again everyone! I have returned.

Got it, Dinenlasse!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email