Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
~Stella~
Elemmírë of Varda and Merry\'s Illustrated Supper
Send Message
Post A New Chapter OOC [open]
on: August 12, 2012 05:59
Since Aragorn's coronation and the scouring of the Shire, there has been peace through Middle Earth. However, darkness has started to creep into the periphery of the land. The lands of Gondor and Rohan, which were once united, are now on the brink of war. The nearly extinct world of the elves, particularly Rivendell, has been shattered with the assassination of Elladan and Elrohir in exile. What is this new threat? Why are the kingdoms of man at war? Can things be stopped before it's too late and Middle Earth is completely covered in darkness? What will it be like for the hobbits to be separated? Will anything be the same?

I will be Merry, Sam, and Elrohir, under the name of Rúmil.

Needed are:
Legolas
Pippin
original characters
bad guys

Ideas to improve and add t the story are most welcome!
~Stella~
Send Message
Post Re: A New Chapter OOC [open]
on: August 16, 2012 01:43
If someone really wants Sam, let me know.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: August 18, 2012 02:25
Taken characters and their players:

Sam: ~Stella~
Merry: ~Stella~
Elrohir: ~Stella~
Eoywn: Dinenlasse
Eomer: Dinenlasse
Gimli: Dinenlasse
Faramir: Eraisuithiel_Crabantaure
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: August 18, 2012 06:55
Hello Dinenlasse, I know we have met before. And nice to meet you, Eraisuithiel (can I call you Era?). I don't know if I've had the pleasure of RP'ing with you before.

Alrighty, I am taking Aragorn and Arwen, if Stella allows me too.

I was thinking, Era, could you have Faramir go fetch Aragorn/Arwen? The couple is going to be distraught over the death of their brother. Unless, Stella wants to just edit her previous post, then I could post something of them right away. Or I could have them walk in, I suppose. What do you think?

I can post now or I can wait for someone else first, will there be a posting order?

Eruce
~Stella~
Send Message
on: August 18, 2012 08:51
Hi Eru (may I call you that?),

Welcome aboard! Yes, of course you may. Hmm...maybe Aragorn and Arwen could walk in. Or, Faramir can go find them - it doesn't matter to me. Yes, of course you may post! Nope, no posting order - just no double posts (like I post and then a day later I post again - that won't happen).

Updated cast list:

Aragorn: Erucenindë
Arwen: Erucenindë
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: August 18, 2012 10:24
I usually go by Eruce but I'll answer anything.

Ok, I think I'll just have them walk in. I'll post sometime today.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: August 18, 2012 10:26
All righty!

Works for me.
Fennuir
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2012 10:35
Well Im only just returning from a 9 month absence. It was a aexcruciatingly difficult 9 months and I'm still in recovery mod. I need to catch up on another RP but I'll try do Legolas in this RP. I won't be able to post daily but I will do my best. If that's alright with you Stella?
~Stella~
Send Message
on: August 19, 2012 03:19
That's just fine! Glad to have you aboard! I will be interested to see where Legolas shows up and how. If you can post once a week that's just fine with me. I don't know how often I'll be able to post (I have other rps, I teach, I go visit my papaw 2 times a day at the nursing home, and I might be starting school soon - waiting for the official acceptance letter).

The cast list, updated:

Legolas: Fennuir
~Stella~
Send Message
on: August 19, 2012 04:01
Oh, here's the rp thread: http://www.councilofelrond.com/forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=34211.0
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 19, 2012 05:13
Welcome back, Fenn!! It's so good to have you back!

And hello again, Eruce. Long time no see. I go by Dinen here, but like Eruce, almost anything goes.

Yep, I have the Rohanian duo, Gimli, and a couple of "misdirected" fellows, but I shall not reveal anything yet. Glad to be back!
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
~Stella~
Send Message
on: August 19, 2012 05:19
I don't even go by screen name - lol. I go by Kay (a shortened bit of my real first name).

OOO....some mystery. Love it! Glad to be back too! It's been a long time.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 21, 2012 07:42
Phew, okay. I've noticed some confusion on my end because I mix people and ideas and this and that up.

So, Hingaer is an associate of Aragorn's sent to restore Arnor.

My own personal thinking (as indicated in my post) was that Cardolan could develop and be resettled as its own separate kingdom...given some of the ideas being passed around, this would put Gondor, Rohan, and Arnor on even playing fields. Of course, Tolkien mentions the restoration of Arnor after Aragorn's coronation, but not as a separate entity.

Therefore, I need to edit my post to remove Arahael as king of Cardolan...don't mind my rambling.

So, Hingaer is the "bad guy", right?
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: August 21, 2012 08:07
Yes.. Hingaer is the bad guy that nobody knows yet. lol

And, I didn't catch the king of Cardolan part in your post, sorry! Maybe one day it would develop into it's own kingdom, but I was thinking along the lines of what Tolkien suggested, Arnor/Cardolan being restored. I was thinking like Hingaer was starting that process.

Hingaer is, specifically, sent to Cardolan area, but I do say Arnor in the broad term and scheme of things. There could be more than one person sent to Arnor to restore different parts of it. Does that make sense or am I crazy?

Is this about what you had in mind, Stella?
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 21, 2012 11:18
I agree. I think I was overwhelmed with trying to get my thoughts in order that I confused everyone else. I'm sorry for that. Maybe we should stick specifically with Cardolan for now? But then, what about Annuminas?

You, crazy? Nah. It makes sense. That is an idea we could potentially flesh out...
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2012 07:56
Hullo! I'm in, if you need me. Thanks for pming me Stella and Dinen for convincing me, hehe. If you still need Pippin I could write for him? Or anyone else for that matter? Let me know if you need a baddie or anything. Someone to fawn over Legolas, you know, hehe.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: August 22, 2012 09:50
We do need Pippin, so he's all yours! Yay! The gang's all here.

Yup, Dinen, Hingaer is the baddie, as Eruce said. I didn't catch Cardolan in your post either.

It sounds good to me Eruce! I'll go with the flow. I like how things are going so far.

Original characters (be them bad or good are always welcome).

Legolas: Fennuir
Pippin: Lilypad
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 23, 2012 07:34
Phwaw, pay attention more! Haha.

I love how things are going as well! I will be incorporating some more of my original characters as we go along, probably under different names.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2012 07:38
Ooo original characters I am excited, and curious Dinen!

Read the story so far, it is lovely! Let me know if I have got this right about the story thus far. The story is about Rohan and Gondor on the brink of war because Hingaer, lord of Cardolan (I don’t know what you would call him really), attacked Imladris with some of his men (most of who live in Cardolan and are a bunch of thieves and people who are starving or on the brink of it and therefore do immoral things to survive?) and is letting it be blamed on either side? Also Pippin is on his way to Gondor, how long should it take him and the soldiers to get there?

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to get everything straight before I post anything. Also I was thinking of creating a character named Rodwen she could be the daughter of the right hand man to Hingaer, the daughter of a thief, but she pretends to be a noble woman (she pretends to be a lot of things), she is basically just as much of a con-artist/good at manipulation as her dad methinks! What do you think? good/bad idea?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: August 23, 2012 08:21
Hi Lily!

I think you could have Pippin arrive at Gondor, it would be good if he did before the counsel in three days.

I think it would be good to have Rodwen! I like the idea that she is working for her dad, and noone would suspect her because she is a woman, of course. Plus noone suspects Hingaer right now either. Would she be in Gondor or Rohan? Maybe she would try to befriend one of the characters in order to spread lies. Hmmm, lots of possibilities with that one! Good idea!
~Stella~
Send Message
on: August 23, 2012 08:47
You've got it right Lily! Hingaer wants to weaken the two areas so he can take it for himself. I agree, Pip should come into the story before the counsel.

SOunds like a good idea to bring her in. The more characters the better. I like the idea of more lie spreading!
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 23, 2012 09:14
As always, Lily, you have splendid thoughts!

So, I have to unleash...I mean share...the remaining ideas jumbled in my head. Could we add in a faction who would like the throne of Arnor (basically Hingaer's own position)? In Tolkien's writings (I've been on a reading spree again...), Aragorn used Annúminas as a summer capital. But, is it feasible that he would give the Stewardship to another noble in the meantime?

I want to bring in Thyrin (from A King's Legacy, and I'm 100% most people here have either read it or are in it) and his family. In his daughter's Adrienne's bio, I assert that the family is descended from another of Arvedui's sons. Arvedui, for those who don't know, was the last king of Arnor before the Northern kingdom fell. His son Aranarth became the first Chieftain of the Rangers (Aragorn in his descendant). Thyrin's forefather is an imagined son, Aramarth (a name meaning "royal fate"), a younger brother to Aranarth. In short, I want Thyrin to stake a claim to the Stewardship of Arnor. The Dúnedain abandoned Cardolan and the surrounding areas after the Great Plague, and perhaps Thyrin wants to take over resettlement efforts as a legitimate descendant of the kings of old. Therefore, he would view Hingaer as a usurper to his rightful position.

As always, I try to remain as canon as possible, despite this being Tolkien-related. I've sought to ensure that the ideas presented above would be feasible within and consistent with Tolkien's world, with some obvious dramatic liberty taken.

Thoughts? Perhaps I'm being too ambitious with already portraying three other characters in two places, but it's worth discussion, methinks!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: August 23, 2012 11:36
Ok... soo, if I get this right... Thyrin would already be in stewardship? Or is this something he would present to Aragorn? It could be possible that Thryin is another person sent to help restore Arnor, and Aragorn was to set him as Steward over the area once done. Thryin could be the "head" of the men sent to restore Arnor. I have said before that I thought there would be more than one person sent, and each had a section, Hingaer's being Cardolan.

I think it would be feasible that Thryin could be Steward over Arnor, albeit a lower status than Faramir, who was a direct descendant of the original Stewards. Faramir is Steward of Gondor, and takes rule in Aragorn's absence; Thryin could be "steward" of Arnor, ruling in Aragorn's absence in Arnor, although of course, under Aragorn.

Just some thoughts.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: August 23, 2012 11:49
Sure thing Dinen!

All the ideas sound good to me.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2012 01:33
here is Rodwen. I put paragraphs in her personality bit so that it would seem a bit less cumbersome, but it squished it all together anyways, sorry.

Thank you Dinen! Your ideas are marvelous!! Ooo, right, so Saelon (Rodwen's father) is the right hand man to Hingaer, who is sort of a lesser Steward of Arnor (the lesser Steward of Cardolan? because he isn't blood related?) Saelon is sort of his bodyguard in a way, being a skilled archer, but he is also Hingaer's friend and I will assume that they have been friends for quite some time. Saelon wants wealth for Rodwen, but he doesn't care much for power, he is a good man underneath it all. Hingaer is trying to take over Cardolan (and subsequently Arnor?) by turning Rohan and Gondor against each other? Then Thyrin will see him as a usurper? Does either of them want to take Gondor or Rohan as well? Or do they simply want to diminish the power of Gondor and Rohan by taking Arnor for themselves?

About Rodwen.
She likes the hobbits, those are pretty much the only people (character's) she isn't mad at, because they set out to do something and they did it. She once idolised Eowyn, but since she has become more 'healer' than 'warrior' has lost some of her luster towards Rodwen. Rodwen is angry at Aragorn for letting Cardolan's people starve, and probably just as angry at the Rohirrim for various reasons aligning with that one.

Hingaer.
Should Aragorn have sent Hingaer to rebuild Cardolan, does that mean that he was given money and the means to do so? If so, does that mean that Hingaer has held back much of that wealth for himself and let the people of Cardolan starve making them resort to thievery and pillaging and then blaming it on Aragorn thus they will turn against him?

These are simply ideas, we don’t have to use it. I am just trying to sort it out in my head. I just need reason for Rodwen to be a baddie is all; I would like her to turn back to the 'good side' at some point. Maybe she will save a hobbit.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: August 24, 2012 02:44
Hi Lily! All the ideas sound great.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: August 24, 2012 04:54
I think Aragorn would have had to give Hingaer something in order for the man to be able to rebuild Cardolan.

Aragorn wouldn't have let the people of cardolan starve, not on purpose. but with Hingaer swindling everything it could look that way.

I think Thryin would be technically lesser steward of Arnor, thus being over Hingaer in the long run. I don't know that Thryin is a bad guy necessarily... what did you have in mind, Dinen?

~Stella~
Send Message
on: August 24, 2012 04:57
Good points.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2012 07:55
Oh, no, I didn't mean that either Aragorn or Thyrin are bad, just that Hingaer might present them that way. I know Aragorn is VERY good, and from what I could tell from AKL Thyrin seems like a very upstanding good guy. Maybe Thyrin could see Hingaer for who he really is?
~Stella~
Send Message
on: August 24, 2012 08:03
You can do that if you want.

Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 25, 2012 03:02
^Nods to Lily. What I meant with Thyrin is that he could dislike/distrust Hingaer's work in Cardolan and feel he could do a better job. But he won't press any claim until much later when things spiral out of control. He's not a bad guy, no real ambition beyond taking what he sees as legitimately his. The only question that remains is to where he's going to be stationed...he could either remain in Gondor or be in Annúminas (he could be in charge of restoring that city).

All points brought up are fantastic. Like I said, I tend to muddle my thoughts. I like clarification!
~Stella~
Send Message
on: August 25, 2012 03:27
You seemed to be pretty clear Dinen.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: August 25, 2012 04:34
That's a good suggestion, Dinen. Thryin could have been sent to restore Annuminas. I see it as being feasible.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: August 25, 2012 05:24
Sounds great!
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2012 07:49
Lovely, that is what I meant Dinen, thank you for interpreting my waffling, hehe. That's alright your thoughts were perfectly clear, I think it was mind that were a bit muddled, hehe. Oh, having Thyrin as the one who is sent to restore Annuminas sounds good.

I have posted with Pippin, sorry it is rather terrible, but let me know if I need to change anything?
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email