Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Journey to Mirkwood (Nif, Dinen, Eruce +)
on: November 19, 2012 01:11
First of all the title could easily change I just didn’t know what put so I thought this one (although boring) was the most logical. Right, so you all know the basic story but just to recap the plotline is (and Nif will fill in anything I’ve missed which knowing me I’ve probably forgotten a lot hehe):

This story is set before the LOTR takes place. A caravan of Elves is traveling from Rivendell to Mirkwood. After they pass over the mountains they are attacked by bandits/robbers. Some of the elves may be killed or injured. They might even capture a few baddies.

Through the treacheries of the Mirkwood forest and other such things there may be a lot of character development and the baddies may not prove to be as bad as they really seem. There may also be some unexpected betrayal. Then there is reaching the elves of Mirkwood of course but on the way back they might also be attacked by the first Ork-Elves, and it could get very interesting. I know there has a lot yet to be filled in on what happens but that’s where you (the writers) come in.

Characters:
Calmathil - Nifredil
Caimallen - Nifredil
Candon - Erucenindë
Bregolon - Erucenindë
CalivrenLilypad
ArnanLilypad

Please post links to your characters so that I can add them here, thanks.

Any ideas and such are more than welcome!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
Post Re: The Journey to Mirkwood (Nif, Dinen, Eruce +)
on: November 19, 2012 07:24
Awsome! I know I said I would post up a character or two and I haven't. But now that we have a thread I will make sure to do so at least before Thanksgiving holiday in US (because it will get crazy for me after then)!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 20, 2012 12:55
Candon

Bregolon

Both of these men are robbers. I portrayed them as being rather poor most of the time, and having a rough life. The robbers who are the leaders or higher-ranked probably get most of the valuable goods they steal, while food and monies are dealt out to the rest. Bregolon might be one of those few who gets a few of the valuables.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2012 10:28
Candon and Bregolon look amazing Eruc! I am thinking about creating a human named Priya as well, maybe a robber along with them, but I'm not sure. I am still having a think on it, hehe. I don't want too many character, but three is sort of my limit.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2012 02:54
Hello there!

Thanks, Lily! That's a good thing we have an OOC thread now

So, we should agree first on two things: the title, and the location of the thread.

I suggest this for title: "Through Dark Their Path Shall Take Them" - I could give also an in-game reason for this title. It might be fitting, as Mirkwood is a dark place, and danger always lurks in darkness. Opinions, my friends?

Location: what do you say if we place it in Totally Tolkien? I have studied the timeline closely, and this storyline should fit in nicely. I'll talk to Berethedhellen about this, though, before posting. Just asking for your thoughts on this.

And Lilypad - those will be no Ork-Elves, no way! The first Uruk-hai might be a closer description

Right, on to the basics now.
First of all, the Timeline. What concerns us in this story is:
2941 - Bilbo gains the One Ring,
Sauron is driven from Dol Guldur,
Thorin II Oakenshield becomes King of Erebor,
Battle of Five Armies,
Dáin II becomes King of Erebor,
Deaths of Hildigrim Took, Fíli, Kíli, Bolg, Smaug and Thorin
(effectively - the end of The Hobbit - all he has to do is return home)
2942 - Bilbo returns to The Shire
Sauron returns to Mordor
2951 - Sauron reopens Dol Guldur,
Construction begins on Barad-dûr
2957 - Aragorn begins his great journeys as Thorongil
2980 - Adventures of Thorongil end,
Aragorn and Arwen betrothed
2989 - Balin's expedition to Moria
2990 - Saruman begins breeding orks
2994 - Destruction of Balin's colony
3000 - Saruman ensnared by Sauron
3018 - Thranduil assailed by Orcs,
Osgiliath taken,
Gollum hides in Moria,
Sauron learns of the treachery of Saruman,
(this is the beginning of LOTR)

So, in my opinion, our story scould be based between 2990 and 2994. Because that's when huge numbers of Orks appear, nobody knows about Saruman turning his coat, and Moria is still a Dwarven stronghold. I mean, the world seems relatively at peace and in order.
Your ideas?

Another thing, do take a look at this Interactive Map of Middle-Earth! Just press on the locations on your right, and it will take you to them, and even give explanations. What matters to us, is NAMES OF PLACES IN SINDARIN. I mean - if the story concerns mostly Elves, it would not be reasonable for them to use Human terms, now would it? For example, we should be using Imladris instead of Rivendell, and Taur e-Ndaedelos instead of Mirkwood (you can find more information about Mirkwood and it's history here)
I know it might be complicated at first! But I will make an "Often Used Sindarin Terms Glossary", OK?
(well, we could skip the Mirkwood example as the Sindarin term ir darn complicated! Let's stick to "Mirkwood" )

OK, I'm done for tonight! Awaiting your input! And, please welcome our fourth writer: kouryuu.lv

~Nif
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
kouryuu.lv
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2012 03:19
Good Evening everyone,

Kouryuu here, happy to be RP-ing with you all.
I would not go Totally Tolkien, but that is just me and will go with the majority of the group. Also i am OK with the timeline.

Disclaimer: This is my first LotR RP, but i have done my share of other RP's, mostly Shadowrun

I have a made just one Character for the start - Estel.

Estel

Estel is a Caravan guard, well trained in all kinds of the combat and one of the best to have around on trips like these. you will find that she often does things a bit different and the she has her own reasons why she goes on these long trips. As you will see in the game she may have some other sides as well. but she takes her job serious, there is just one more thing she cares more then that. what it is? You will see

Regards Kouryuu From Lv
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 23, 2012 11:57
hello Nif and kouryuu.

Just a little suggestion, kouryou.lv: Since your character is a female... "Estel" is actually a male name. My suggestion would be to change it to Esteleth or Estelwen, which would mean the same thing but be a feminine name. I don't think an female elf in Middle-Earth would have a masculine name...

I am fine with timeline/title/etc.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 24, 2012 05:03
Hello everyone! I'm around, lurking at the moment, and I haven't had the chance to post my characters yet. But, I will be using a she-Elf and potentially a new character.

Nif, I love the timeline! Could we also bring Dol Guldur into play? Since that is the southern part of Mirkwood, it would be a natural location for some of the wrongdoings. I need to personally do more research on before the WotR. And, keep in mind that if we do TT, we must remain within the strict realm of what could have happened within Tolkien's world. No battles where three win against 100, no "Hey dude, what's up wit dem Orcs?" kind of lingo, etc. If anyone needs help with some language ideas, let me know.

Of course, all of us are seasoned writers, and I've written with all of you for eons (except for you, Kouryuu...welcome!!!) so I'm not worried about us at all.

Also, love the title!
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2012 06:10
Welcome Kouryuu! Thanks Nif for the wonderful timeline, and that sounds good to me. I like the title Nif. Should it be: Through Darkness Their Path Shall Take Them.

My other ideas for titles were a bit of an ode to The Hobbit: ‘Riddles in the Dark,’ or ‘An Unexpected Journey’. My other ideas were: ‘An Odious Tale of Two Paths,’ or ‘An Alliance Between Elves and Men.’ These are totally random and don’t need to be used hehe.

I would be fine with TR or TT. I have never done a thread in TT so I am a bit nervous about keeping it accurate but since I have you all here to correct me if I slip up I suppose I’m not as worried. Still, I wouldn’t mind it being in TR if it needs to be.

Kouryuu your character looks great. I am unsure (again I am not as seasoned as everyone else here so please ignore my waffling’s if I am wrong on this) if we are going TT can your character can have tattoo and face metal? The tattoo’s maybe but I’m not so sure about the nose ring-stud? Also can women be guards before LOTR? I know elves are different than humans. A female human would never be a guard but as I recall the elves are a bit different in this area? I do know most elves were skilled fighters, women and men. I am totally fine with her being a guard though. I think your character looks fantastic!
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2012 08:50
Thank you for your support!
Personally I would love the challenge of sticking to a TT setting, but the mods will have the final say to this. As soon as I have the reply from Bereth, I'll let you know.

At the moment, me and kouryuu are working on a joint introductory post, setting the story in early spring in Imladris (so that the caravan would leave when the spring floods are gone and the mountain passes are free of snow, and return in time before the next winter has fallen), so you can start thinking about your own beginnings

Let's do a couple of posts to introduce our chars and get them ready to leave, ok? I don't believe we'll be getting a fare-well reception with Hír Elrond, for a change, as this is just the annual caravan to Mirkwood, not an official delegation.

On the other hand, there might be a message or a package to be delivered to King Thranduil.

As to reasons for travelling, Mallen will be bringing Thranduil and some of his nobles a special order - magical weapons he had forged for them. His brother will come along just because they never part for long, and Calma's eager to see Thranduil's Realm.
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
kouryuu.lv
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2012 06:14
Double post, not sure it can be removed :S
kouryuu.lv
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2012 06:26
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

TT, will be a big chalange for me, but with your help I am willing and happy to risk it.

Estel, or rather, Estelwen is a very maskulin character, nothing more then a modern women in this day and age, proving that she can do what men can, and even be better than most of them.

My and Nif's copost is done, at least part one if any more character think they might know Estelwen, throw me a line an we can make somthing up
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: November 24, 2012 06:52
I have reviewed Kouryuu's char and I have to step in here. If you are looking to place your thread in TT, she will have to change her char's description. Tattoos and metal inserts are not Tolkienesque.

I'm sorry both Nif and Kour have already completed a joint post...unless, of course, you want to open your thread in TR. Let me know if you have a problem with this.

Enjoy and carry on!
Bereth
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
kouryuu.lv
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2012 07:09
Will adapt the sheet and description tonight.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 24, 2012 10:14
Ok Ok... If we are going to do TT... then having four female elves running around is unrealistic. I am already uncomfortable with the way this is going. One or two females in a band of males I could see as feasible but not that many. Tolkien just didn't write it that way. And I'm not all for macho females either. Be careful when writing characters like that because they can very easily became Mary-Sueish or too powerful. And let's face it: females - elves or not - aren't going to beat up every guy they know. Even guys get beaten by someone who is stronger and most guys are going to be stronger than a female.

Just reading some of these characters and they seem too powerful with no weaknesses.

I am not trying to force anyone to change their characters or anything. Because that is definitely your character and if Bereth and Lily are fine with them then good. But if this thread continues going the way it is then I don't know that I will continue with it. :/ I'm just really not all for that.

Not trying to sound mean or anything just trying to voice my concerns.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2012 11:19
I think Eruce is right, there are too many females in a company traveling to Mirkwood (partly my fault, I find it easier to write for females than males, hehe), and again I don't think women could be guards? I am going to use Calivren because she is a healer and that gives her reason for being there, but Nesa doesn’t have reason for being there so I don't think I will use her. I will edit Calivren a bit. I do think maybe we should go for TR unless we edit things and make things really cannon. Concerns are good Eruce, I have concerns on my own characters lol. After reading them over I didn't put in enough weaknesses, although I was thinking them I didn't write them down, haha, so I am going to edit Calivren's profile.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 25, 2012 01:04
I'm glad Bereth brought up my concerns as well. As I read through this OOC more and more, one glaring question is brought to mind:

Why is there a caravan of Elves going to Mirkwood?

If we want to make this TT, we really should look into what was going on at the time and try to coordinate it within Tolkien's timeline. It seems more feasible that a group of Men or such are traveling along the main road, venture through the High Pass near Imladris and are attacked by roaming enemies in that pass. I'm working on a different plot/story idea, and I discovered that there were three ways to cross the Hithaeglir (or Misty Mountains)...

But I digress. Let's come with a reason we need to be in Mirkwood. Is Thranduil concerned about the establishment of Dol Guldur? (Tolkien does not say much about beyond Thranduil beyond sketchy biographical details) What has happened to this region in the aftermath of The Hobbit? What pressing concerns still remain? These are some questions to get us thinking. I'm very hardcore when it comes to remaining canon (though my earlier characters don't reflect that fact...)

Just some thoughts!

"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2012 02:42
I'm happy we are having a discussion here

Dinen, I see no reason Elves shouldn't be having any contacts among their settlements. We know Arwen was travelling from Imladris to Lot-Lorien and back again (she did have family there, after all). Legolas was Thranduil's son, and he was visiting Elrond at the time of holding the Council of Elrond, and nobody found it surprising. Yes, they weren't as frequent on the roads as Men, but I believe there could have been one caravan a year from Imladris to Thranduil's Realm - and back. Elrond and Thranduil were keeping contact, and those weren't pidgeons, I'm sure
One of three paths crossing Mirkwood is even called The Elven Path - and I am sure that is for a reason.

Don't you agree?

Three places, you say? very good.

Dol Guldur has been established long before The Hobbit, according to the Timeline of the Third Age. Sauron (then known as The Necromancer) was driven out of it leaving the Nazgul there in his stead, but then he returned. Slowly, Greenwood the Great was turning into Mirkwood because it being corrupted by the dark forces.

I've written PotBelly a PM explaning the potential plot, and he said he'd think about this and get back to me.
In the Realm of Ulmo
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 25, 2012 07:27
Nif,,

It's hardly necessary to play one mod against another. I was dealing with this issue, beginning with Kour, and watching out for the rest of your comments in the meantime. If you want to ask something of me, then perhaps you should focus on me...not another mod.

See your pms, please.
BerethEdhellen
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2012 07:31
Sorry, never intended to play mods against each other, Bereth. You weren't getting back to me for some time, so I decided to get in contact with PB. You are both agreeing how you're managing all this anyway, aren't you?
In the Realm of Ulmo
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: November 25, 2012 07:43
Due to me working an odd shift Bereth and I don't always get to contact each other except by PM. I assumed that same information was sent to both of us, and I would not respond to a controversial thread posting without contacting her first as something that controversial would need the consent of both of us. I apologize for the delay but I had a rather busy weekend and took a bit longer than I intended to discuss it with her. I do have to agree with Bereth as, based on the information I have seen, This thread does vary too much from canon to be considered a TT thread.
I`ll also note here that I do like Din's question as to the reasons for a caravan from Imladris to Mirkwood. It shows a great deal of insight.
PbHf
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 26, 2012 10:52
I'm not trying to pick a fight or take sides or anything, but I don't think bickering is getting us anywhere. I would rather us put our energies to finding a workable solution. Nif suggested a timeline between 2990 and 2994. The only real noteworthy event which occurs is the destruction of Balin and his people in Moria. Or, we backtrack and center the plot around Saruman's breeding of Orcs.

So, we have a couple of things to play with here. And like Nif, I agree that it is feasible that Thranduil and Elrond would have shared correspondence at least once in a blue moon. In theory, we could have a few Elves travel as messengers from one realm to the other with dire news. I'm pushing for Saruman. Why?

At this time, Saruman hadn't shown his true colors. I mean, he is well-known for being a turncoat. He was looking for the Ring even as Sauron became his overlord. The discovery of his treachery would cause consternation amongst the White Council. A clear reason for our caravan or group to exist if they pass along the information.

Then, a few more issues remain. Where is Saruman? Lurking, ever lurking. Who are the key players? How could this affect Middle-earth? How could our new characters play in with Tolkien's established canon. We may have to think along these lines if we are to stay TT. Much of what I've stated above is canon. Our own characters would not add or detract from that, only interact. On the other hand, we need people to play the main characters, not just our own. Some of the needed characters would be Saruman, Elrond, Gandalf, and potentially Thranduil. There is absolutely no way we could remain TT by simply incorporating our own characters. I'm certain this would land us firmly in TR.

To that end, I would happily play Saruman and maybe one additional person. I enjoy playing baddies. But that is the reason I've not put any new characters out until this is resolved.

I know I've written a lot, and I hope I didn't ruffle too many feathers. But I'm a seasoned vet in CoE's RP forums as much as anyone here, and I've seen successful and unsuccessful threads in TT and TR, some even originating from me. To fly willy-nilly into a story without a solid background and sense of where we may be going only spells disaster. Things will change as we go along, ideas will pop up, etc. That is wonderful, creativity rocks! But without a solid point of reference from which to go off of, I can't see this thread being successful.

In short, I'm not trying to step on ANY toes, mods or fellow RPer alike. I'm merely giving us a possible storyline in addition to other tangents. I'd like us to stay TT, but I'd stick with it even if it was TR. And Bereth, PbHf, if you could suggest other potential plots in addition to magical weaponry and Saruman, that would really help us out. I've done my research thus far, as always, but other resources/ideas would be beneficial, I'm sure.

And finally, I don't know if it is right to make too much progress without Lily's input as well. As far as I understand, she is also an author in the thread. Again, I'm sorry for the novel, but it needed to be said before any further arguments/debates were carried out. Let's arrive at a solution soon, my fingers are itching to write.

Addendum: I saw Nif listed some personal motivations for the group upon reading further back. Let's solidify these, then I bet we can move on. My apologies!
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 27, 2012 10:47
Thank you for your input, Dinen. Much appreciated.

As for delays in responding to Nifredil, I realize that she lives in Latvia and is probably unaware of what Hurricane Sandy did to the east coast of our country. I've been wrapped up in recovery so unable to spend much time on CoE other than reading posts and considering whether they're on target or not.

I'm going to say that, after conversation with PB, this thread does not belong in TT.

There are many reasons but just a few are: The all female group; The caravan style of travel; The random Istari that shows up; The 'swash-buckling' mode of play thus potentially creating a bunch of Mary-Sues; etc. etc.

As there are too many things to correct at this time, start it in TR where PB and I will watch it closely to see how it progresses. If it seems to hold to a canon thread, we will gladly move it to TT. We never seem to have enough of those. *smiles*
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2012 01:43
*peeks in* Sorry for not replying sooner, life has been, well, life. hehe. Ah Bereth I hope everything is alright where you are, I have seen only a bit about Hurricane Sandy, devastating.

Dinen your ideas as always are fantastic! I wasn't sure we had a solid idea, alright we had an idea but not so much a reason for this caravan to journey to Mirkwood and such which is why voila said OOC thread was created. I love that you always tie it back to history! It sounds good to me.

Thank you Bereth again for your input. We shall start it off in TR once everything is sorted. Sorry for the bickering. And again I will rework my character Calivren, and make her less 'swash-buckling-y' haha, this is why I am better at creating humans (they have so many more lovely flaws I can work with). Maybe I should create a male as well to make it more realistic in Tolkien's world. I would love to take on the part of a main character but I am absolutely rubbish when writing 'real characters' from Tolkien’s world so I think if it's alright with everyone else I'll leave that to the experts. Or maybe we could joint post something/work something out if need be.
kouryuu.lv
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2012 06:12
So we do a TR Story?
i would be up for it
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2012 03:13
Oh, that Sandy! I am so sorry, I really didn't have that storm on my mind...

BerethEdhellen, PotbellyHairyfoot, thank you both for the time you took with this issue. I am sure we'll figure out the best solution for this. As I already said - nothing of my (crazy) ideas is set in stone, they are all meant to be discussed. This is why I'm so happy to have Dinen's input, thank you my friend

So, TR it is! The most important thing for now is that this is settled

If you believe it is more reasonable to have a special reason to form a group bound for Mirkwood, I'm happy to go with it. I had been thinking that the weapons order would be just one of the reasons to travel there, but it could also be the key reason.

As to caravan type of travel... Frankly speaking, English is not my native tongue, so what I had on my mind and what it sounded like might sometimes be quite different things. What IS "caravan" type of travel, anyway? Is is something more specific than just a group of people (elves) travelling not only on their own mounts but also with some horses carrying burdens? A guarded group?

And I definitely would be very happy to see more males around. I would quite call both of my chars warriors.

If somebody else has ideas or comments, please say so! We are going to be in this together, so let's make it a story we all want to write, shall we?
In the Realm of Ulmo
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 30, 2012 03:27
yes, Nif. Caravan is what you described it to be. They aren't always guarded but I think this one will be. But then again, does it have to? I mean, not all elves are necessarily warriors (though I'm sure they all can fight if need be). I'm thinking the elves to be more the robed, wise ones we see in Rivendell, travelling to Mirkwood to bring tidings to King Thranduil. There might be a few armed guards but not every single one of them is going to be a gritty, hardcore warrior and dressed like it. Make sense?

I mean, if this the caravan wasn't like this, then how in the world would the thieves attack them in the first place? Human thieves aren't going to attack an elven caravan unless they think it is easy enough to be worth it in the first place. That's why there should be very few armed guards. Perhaps they are only bringing a few supplies and goods and mostly news and scrolls, thus only having a smaller, less armed group?

If it isn't easy enough, then the thieves won't even consider it. And Lily, you were talking like there was a big fight and a few people died and only a few of the thieves were captured. Perhaps the elves were not as cautious as they ought to be and didn't take as many guards. Their numbers were few, thus the thieves thought they could overpower them. The elves proved to be more of a fight than the thieves thought, so both elves and men died, and the thieves took off with some of the goods, but two(or more) of the thieves (my chars +?) got captured. The elves keep them with them because they wish to know more information from the thieves.

Just trying to be realistic here and think everything though. Remember, elves are not all-powerful and can be rather haughty at times, and prideful. That is what I am trying to play here for the elves' mistake. And the thieves are easy, lazy people. They certainly aren't going to tackle a group of elves (however small) for no reason. Thus less guards.

I hope I don't come across as arguing, I am not. I am simply trying to sort things out and make sure we keep things realistic.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2012 01:06
Sorry I haven't been on, life, and the holiday. I saw the Hobbit, it was fantastic!

Right, so, Nif and Eruce great ideas! Shall we go with the idea of the reason for them traveling through Mirkwood (seeing as we have blacksmith in the mix, Caimallen) they could be bringing weapons, other tidings, scrolls, and gifts as you mentioned Eruce?

I wasn't really sure how large their caravan would be, no one has to die if we don't want to, but I would assume that some of the thieves would abscond with some things if not nearly all of their possessions?

I am thinking of using Calivren, she might be more scholarly, have less fighting skills, but is still somewhat capable of defending herself. She could be bringing scrolls and gifts to the King. I may use a male-elf as well, an apprentice smith perhaps? I love the idea of the elves being quite haughty and presumptuous. Their pride being their downfall in this instance would be quite a fun idea to play with perhaps? Maybe this caravan of elves could be skilled scholars, philosophers, and smiths but not guards? Some of them may have fighting skills but it isn’t they’re given profession. They might have one scouting person but other than that maybe they think in a way because they are elves no one would be foolish enough to attack them?

Thank you for being so patient everyone, I know I have been busy and not around very much. I wish everyone happy holidays!

EDIT: Also I edited Calivren. She will be more serious and quiet upon first impression she seems elegant and aloof like most elves I would assume, but is really fiery and fiesty underneath it all. And I made a male elf instead named Arnan who is haughty and proud. If we went along those lines he could have been the one to coordinate such a journey and therefore not have prepared them with guards assuming very overconfidently that no one would attack them. Arnan is very ambitious and wants to become a blacksmith not just an apprentice. If he is the one to bring them together it could also lend itself to a lot of guilt, he would feel responsible for any lives lost or anyone that is injured or anything that is stolen.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2013 08:46
Hi all!

Happy New Year to you! May you always have something to smile about, every day of this year!

I have also been busy with the thing that always intrudes your plans to do something really interesting - you know, Life.
How have you been? How were your holidays?

Your characters sound really good, Lily, and I love your idea regarding Arnan There is just one concern from my part: how come he's the one being responsible for organising this journey, instead of an older and more experienced Elf? Especially if he's just a blacksmith's apprentice, and a Master blacksmith is travelling with the caravan? I think he'd better be from an important family, trying to prove himself in Elrond's court. Probably, this task was arranged for Arnan by one of his parents? Or maybe others have a better idea?

Dinen, have you decided on your characters yet? Who do you want to go with here?
Eruce? Are you going with an elf from the beginning, or do you prefer sticking to the robbers? If you feel that would be too many characters to handle, you can have that elf killed in the attack (oh the bloodthirsty me....)

So, the first post is in the TR section, it is a joint post by me and Kouryuu.lv. Enjoy, and feel free to introduce your elves.
And, good luck to us all!
*Nif
In the Realm of Ulmo
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: January 06, 2013 11:45
I am only doing robbers, Nif. I am going to do a bit of backstory first with them while yall are introducing the elves.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 09, 2013 02:51
Alright, right now the only character I'm using is Farynel. I need to edit this character, but more or less, she's from Mirkwood. I have to flesh out her backstory since this was a character I created when I was still a newbie. I figure she can be a messenger from Thranduil to Elrond, just for commerce and other purposes. Nothing serious, just mundane for right now. A very inconspicuous character.

Please ignore her current history. But suffice to say she is one of the Sindarin Elves in Mirkwood. I'll give her familial history later on as a passing mention.
kouryuu.lv
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2013 05:08
We still doing this?
it's been 3 months already and the only post IC is my and Nif's.
Are we the only ones who start with the caravan? Is the Game happening at all?

Maybe there are Questions that need some attention first?

I am keen to get this rolling. I know this will not be 1 post pre day kind of game, but 1 post in month seems bit too slow.

Wishing you all great Easter holidays,
Kouryuu
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email