Register

Author Topic:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Any dog lovers out there?
on: February 19, 2013 02:53
Aw, great doggies everyone!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2013 10:05
Legolas23, Dafi is quite sweet.

tarcolan, we all love Jack, of course, cat lovers included.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2013 06:28
he is huge too! LOL. Our friends came over a couple days ago and we played with him for 2 hours! but the poor pooch has arthritis (sp?)in this hips and something wrong with this lungs. we r giving him medicine for it though.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: March 16, 2013 09:35
Gone, but not forgotten .... my bullmastiffs:

Humphrey aka Shire's Frodo Baggins:

and Bubbles (brindle) aka Shire's Champagne Bubble Ball & Rosie aka Shire's Rose Gamgee:

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2013 11:24
Evil~Shieldmaiden, your bullmastiffs are beautiful and I am sorry they are no longer with you. Is Rosie now your only dog?
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2013 11:39
Heh, my sister has four dogs. Three Black Labs and one Brown Lab. The Black Lab's names are Lexie she's the mamma dog, Moose he's one of her pups, and Preastly she's the only one of the dogs that is allowed to visit my cats. she is also one of Lexie's pups. Then Brown Dog, that's Jake...and he growls at everything and anything, it's quite annoying.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: March 16, 2013 11:16
Unfortunately, they're all gone now. One of the issues with the giant breeds is that their life spans aren't very long. I will be looking for a new dog soon but I want something a wee bit smaller. I have a friend who rescues Brittany Spaniels so I will talk to her about getting a rescue.

I really miss having a dog companion. They are a special part of your life.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: March 17, 2013 05:33
Go rescue a mongrel, much healthier and smarter than a proper breed. Failing that, a Jack Russel is the smartest dog ever. Oh yes it is look. Jack only took half and hour to get this ring off his nose.

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2013 07:15
Love those pictures of Jack, tarcolan!
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2013 10:28
Oh I love doggies! I currently have a hound/husky mix named Speca. It's really cool because she looks like a hound, but is white with a curly tail and blue eyes like a husky. I'll have to see if I have a picture of her. Oh, I found one. My favorite kinds of dogs, which I would love to have some day are golden retrievers, huskies, and German shepherds. Collies are really cute, too. I'm definitely more of a dog person Btw, I love al the dog pictures, everyone! So cute!
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: March 19, 2013 08:46
Wow, I don't know why but that picture took forever to finish loading. Interesting dog. Definitely has hound written on her face. LOL
tarcolan
Send Message
on: March 19, 2013 08:43
That's a nice big hound, almost a Barguest though friendlier I hope.
It's also a HUGE piccie, which is why it takes a while to load. All pics are displayed at maximum 475 pixels and are reduced to this on the fly. Belle, if you right click on it and choose Image Info (in Firefox) you'll see the errr.. image info. I always reduce my pics to 475 'cos I'm a good boy. They load quicker and take up less room on the server, though I don't think that's such a big issue these days.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2013 09:50
Oh I'm sorry guys, I didn't realize the pic was that big. I don't know how to reduce them, either. I would have done that if I would've known it was a problem. Sorry! How do I reduce them, for future reference? I'll do better next time
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
tarcolan
Send Message
on: March 20, 2013 03:34
No apologies necessary lotrelessar, always glad to help. What program do you use to view photos on your computer? It might have a resize function in a menu somewhere. Just set the width to 475 pixels. The shape should stay the same, some progs have a tick box labelled 'Constrain proportions' or 'Keep aspect ratio' so make sure it's ticked. When you change one dimension you should see the other changed automatically. WARNING! Save the file with a different name, like 'filename-small', so you don't mess up the original file.

I use an image program called Faststone, from faststone.org, it's free and very quick. There are lots of others though.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: March 20, 2013 10:41
You can also use Paint in the MS programmes to resize pictures, if you don't want to download a photo-manipulation/art-type programme.

I use both Photobucket and I store my pictures there as well. I also have Gimp which is free.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2013 11:17
Meh I don't have any of those programs cuz I have a Mac. As for where I view my pics, usually in iPhoto, so I'll have to check. Oh wait, I can also do that in Photoshop, so I'll just do it there. Thanks for the info! It's super helpful
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2013 03:01
My dogs name is Lily Once someone can explain to me how to put a pic in the messege, I'll post one of her!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
tarcolan
Send Message
on: March 21, 2013 05:47
No worries findemaxam. Just hit the 'Reply' link below and then 'Browse' for the pic.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: March 23, 2013 10:15
This is my neighbours' dog. His name is Turbo and he's a total "water baby". I took this picture when he went swimming in the river during one of our walks.

Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2013 10:38
Aww, Turbo is adorable! is he a German Shepherd? I love those dogs.
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2013 12:07
My Shepherd is horrified of water!!

Here's some pictures of my friend's two black German Shepherds. Adorable!

Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: March 24, 2013 11:36
Thanks! Turbo is a cross : hound (greyhound?) and a couple of other things (shepherd could be one of them) He's a delightful boy: very gregarious and very good-natured.

This is him with his "friend" Chloe.

You will notice he very graciously let her win ..... LOL

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2013 11:45
I do not have a dog but I so enjoy everyone's pictures!
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: March 25, 2013 11:10
I'm hoping to get another dog soon. I will start looking in a few weeks. I have a friend who rescues Brittany Spaniels so I'm hoping she will be able to find a nice rescue dog for me.
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2013 02:22
Aww, cute dogs everyone! I have a dog, she's a Silky Yorkshire Terrier, she's bigger than just a Yorkie.
Here she is! Her name is Attie.

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2013 10:13
Oh, your Attie is beautiful! Darling little dog!

Evil~Shieldmaiden, how wonderful it will be for you to get a rescue dog!
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2013 02:24
Thanks Lindarielwen, I love her to death!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2013 03:09
She looks very easy to love....I just love looking at her photo so I can only imagine what it must be like to have her near.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: March 27, 2013 07:59
My goodness, is she ever cute!
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2013 09:40
Aww, thanks Evil~Shieldmaiden, so glad that my sweet doggy is appreciated. Here are some more pics of her since you guys like her.

Me and her!

Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2013 11:12
Hey everyone. We just got back from the vet and my dog Dafi has bone cancer. He has about 6 months to live. Please keep him in your prayers. Thanks.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: March 29, 2013 01:23
HAPPY EASTER DOG LOVERS!

Have a wonderful weekend!

@ Legolas23 - I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Image to both you and your canine companion.

Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2013 01:42
Legolas23 I am so sorry about your dog. I will be praying. I know what it is like to lose a dog, as I have lost one to cancer unexpectedly before, really sad, hang in there.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2013 03:54
thanks everyone. i will keep u updated.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2013 08:27
Ariadwen, your doggie makes my eyes happy to look at her.
Evil~Shieldmaiden, that is so funny and adorable.

Legolas23, I will light a candle by my statue of St Francis. When we have a pet to love, this is what we go through sometimes. I will be thinking of both of you.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email