Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2526272829Last >>
Author Topic:
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Here is my favorite character:

Dustan Cade, son of Donovan and Nancy Cade, is a 20-year-old slave in the Underworld. He is tall and rather strong for an Underworld slave but is thin from malnutrition. He has light brown hair and brown eyes, his group clothing is crimson. He has spent 13 years working for a crazy tyrant, Turner Jacks, whose life mission is to destroy America. He and his father were captured on a fishing trip and they spent two years together. His father discovered a way out and made a infallible plan, only problem was that he invited his "friend" Barnabas. Barnabas betrayed Donovan to Turner, who tortured Donovan to death. Dustan never forgot, indeed he was the first victim of Retrous before his father died. For years malice built up yet he kept his grief concealed by building an emotional wall around his heart. He is know as the "Defiant One" and is sent to the Wheels several times. He was made a Resistor (a group of Resisters ) leader despite his age. The past comes back to haunt him when two new slaves tumble into the Underworld, Piper and Silas Hanover, Barnabas' twin nephew and niece. His hatred returns and the twins find themselves its victim. Piper, fed up with his enmity, confronts him and learns part of the story. However, when he is once again beaten with Retrous, Piper saves his life and his adopted sister's, Grace, life. A friendship begins to grow once Dustan realizes that a last name doesn't describe a person. Soon full stories are exchanged and they become good friends, and Dustan begins to break down the wall of hatred. But battle looms.

I hope this is good...I kinda whipped it up suddenly.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Cenor, what is the time setting for the story in which the above character dwells?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
A bit in the future. Not much though.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Here's my favourite character. Sorry I haven't been around much. Life has been a little busy.

David Robertson is fourteen years old, and his Dad is in government. He hasn't got a lot of friends, but he has enough, and with Audrey around, one can't really be bored. He is around average height for a boy his age, with blonde hair, blue eyes and a thing for torn graphic tees and baggy jeans. He's an average student, but a first rate fighter, and he's ready to stand up to a bully any day of the week.
David would do anything for those he cares about, but life seems to have a way of snaching everyone he loves away from him. When two of his friends break into his home, he is told that they were shot before they were recognized. Not long after, another of his friends goes missing, his own Dad, who he cared about most in the world, dies, and David is thrown into a blizzard of confusion. Who can he trust, and who should he remain loyal to?

I don't have him planned out that well, because he's only been in one book so far, and was not the main character. He will become that later in the series.

[Edited on 01/03/2015 by OneSizeFitsAll]
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks for the idea of the notebook & timeline, Maxie! I tend to keep track of things in my head, which is pretty stupid since there's always so much going on! But I definitely will need one for my historical fic, & perhaps the romantic suspense that I hope will get written eventually. I'm just not a planning/notes kind of person, even though I'm pretty organized. However, it would prove helpful not only in writing but in the rest of my life as well!
And interesting characters, Cenor & OneSize! I especially like the blonde hair & blue eyes of David (yeah, I admit I go for blondes lol). & Underworld sounds so fascinatingly scary!
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Prompt Number Fourteen:

If there was one superpower you could have, what would it be?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Response to prompt #14:
I have actually been asked this question before, I believe during a get-to-know-you game at church. I have never been that into superheroes and the like, so asking what kind of superpower I would want was a tough question. However, I ended up watching The Incredibles somewhere around that time. Elastagirl is amazing! I would definitely choose elasticity upon watching that film. It would be so amazing to be able to reach anything I wanted without moving from my seat. I think the very best part is being able to flatten oneself into a thin, sheet-like personage. So much of the time I feel like I am in the way and need to flatten myself against the wall; elasticity would make it ever so much easier. One last great aspect is I have a fear of heights, so if I was more elastic I would not have to worry as much about falling because I could make myself into my own parachute!
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
LOL Blue! Good job! I'm thinking Fantastic Four now.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I would like to have the power of invisibility. Seems I already am, most of the time. People will say things around me that I am not suppost to hear, and I will absorb the information super quickly. So, in a way, I am invisible already. But I am also a little bit nosy.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Ah yes, invisibility would be nice! But I am like you, Maxie, & am pretty much invisible most of the time. Actually, I took a class in college that was taught partly by our head of security. We were in the gym and I was the last one out & he didn't realize I was behind him! I call that being pretty invisible! However, I prefer things that why. I despise being in the spotlight.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
I would like the superpower of prehensile hair. Mainly because it's very unique (I've never seen a famous superhero with it, anyway, except for possibly Rapunzel, if she counts), and it would be mildly useful. (I like the idea of not having to have as strong arms, because my hair could do everything for me...though it probably would make me lazier than I already am.) It also might possibly make my hair look longer.
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I feel like I already have prehensile hair. Its not quite as long as Rapunzel's, but it gets caught around things very easily.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Prompt Number 15

You receive a text message on your phone...that is being sent from you own number. How does it happen, and what do the messages read?
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Well, this shall be an interesting discussion, Maxie! I shall have to think on this one.

I was wondering, is it normal to practically cry when writing a tragic scene? I recently experienced this worse than ever before. I won't say I full out cried (that rarely happens because I'm not really that emotional of a person, plus I can't breathe when I cry, so I try to avoid it lol). Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? Or am I completely crazy? And if I am affected so much by my own work, could that mean it will affect my readers as much, if not more?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I have not cried myself, but I have made my sister cry. I should post that selection and see if it affects any of you, but it may not because you have not read much, if anything, about the characters.

I think that it is normal to experience such.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
I've felt sad when writing character deaths. I don't know how to describe it- I know they have to die because of the story but I still wonder what might happen to the story if they live. Sometimes AUs are kind of fun to brainstorm.
I have made my family cry when they read my stories. Especially in the upcoming book. They usually hate me but will eventually sort of agree with me as to the author's decision in certain situations.

And I just started classes again and this semester is pretty tough. So, I'll be in and out and once again I can't promise any faithful following of the prompts. Actually I think I was less active during break than I was during semester. But keep posting, Maxie, and I'll try my best!
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Hey! Yes, I'm still alive...just haven't been here much.

So, I just read through the millions of posts I was behind on, and great prompts, everyone! And Maxie, I'm going to have to think about this #15 one...quite an interesting concept.

I would very much like to write something on my favorite character, as well, but I have to go take care of the chickens shortly. I will try to post something soon, though!

Keep up the good work, everyone!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth, take your time!
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Response to prompt 15:

I always knew my phone just might be possessed, or at least have a mind of its own. My suspicions were confirmed one day when I received a mysterious text. The number sounded familiar but was not in my contacts list. Then, I realized it was my own number! My phone had sent me a cryptic message, which read, “Quit playing with the world.” Yes, now I am convinced my phone has a mind of its own and wishes to warn me against the wiles of the world and encourage me to follow Christ and seek heavenly rather than earthly treasure.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Note: These characters and settings are taken from many stories of my making and jumbled into one group text conversation. None of this predicts any of my stories.

Group Text: Me, Myself, and I.

Me: Hey guys
I: Hi
Myself: Hello
Me: Guess what???
Myself: What?
Me: I'm going to kill Allard!
I: No
Me: Yes
Me: Just figured it out today!
Myself: Really?
Me: Yeah.
I: I like him
Me: Me too! That's why I'm doing this
Myself: That's morbid
Me: Thx...
Myself: Alright....how is he going to die?
I: Don't want to know *covers ears* la la la!
Me: I don't know yet...what do you think? Beheading, stabbing, or torture?
I: La la la!
Myself: Really?! Torture?
Me: Yeah.
Me: I kinda know a bit about it
Myself: You have been surfing the web again.
Me:
Myself: Knew it.
I: Sorry had to go wash dishes...what is going on?
Me: Hehe...How to kill Allard
I: Oh yeah *covers eyes* why are you doing this to me?
Myself: I've told you...nevermind....why do you have to kill him?
Me: It adds to the story
Myself: Think of all the people he could save in the...what did you call it?
Me: Battle of the Marshes?
Myself: Yeah that.
Me: Yeah he could but its better if he dies before that battle
Myself: You are making orphans and widows as well.
I: :'(
Me: One death leads to others. Besides the government will take care of them.
Myself: *snort* I've heard of your "government"
Me: Hey!
I: What are we talking about now?
Myself: Me's horrid government
Me: Not true!
I: Well I gtg...CoE is way more interesting than you guys
Myself: See Me! you scared her off!
Me: did not
Me: Back to Allard...I'm going to use arrows this time.
Myself: *sigh* your hopeless
Me: Thx
Myself: That was a compliment?!
Me: Yeah! Almost as good as calling me morbid!
Myself: *bangs head*
Me: Don't do that...it hurts
Myself: gtg running and screaming out into the yard pulling my hair out
Me: What did I do?
30 minutes later...
Me: I finished the death scene! *Jumps up and down*
Myself: *Selfie of Myself bald*
Me: That is scary....
Myself: You did this to me :/
Me: Sorry.
Myself: Say that to Allard.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
*Selfie of myself bald* I really like that one!

If I may imitate your style, Cenor...

Strong: Keep your head up.
Worried: What if...
Me:Shut up
Strong: Yeah, really
Worried: But, what if-
Me:
Strong: I don't care. Nothing is going to happen
Worried: See, now she's silent.
Strong: Now she's listening.
Worried:Then what if your over thinking? What if your over-reacting?
Me:
Strong: She's not over-reacting. She's being smart.
Worried: She's not nervous enough. She could be unprepared!
Me:
Strong: Julia?
Worried:Julia?
Me:
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 01/17/2015 by Cenor]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Wow great job Blue & Maxie! Mine seems silly compared to your serious prompts
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks!
Maxie, yours is great! Scary thing is, I could somewhat see that happening with myself, but my Worried would dominate everything.
I already told Cenor I like hers, but I'll say it again! I love how you made it humorous; I never considered a funny one!
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
This is most likely what my phone would say to me.

:Hey, good to see you're doing some writing.
:That's awesome
:Actually...
:WHY AREN'T YOU STUDYING?!?!?!?
Me:calm down. Sheesh.
:heh heh. Sorry...but seriously.
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yep!

Also, I request patience from all of you. My sister and I were given a tablet as a combined birthday gift, and you may see some typos and such. But, I will adjust eventually.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Prompt Number Sixteen:

Write a peice that expands on each year of your life. For example: one line can reflect on age one, the next line can reflect on age two,etc.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
That's totally fine, Maxie! I think in the digital age many people ignore typos and our brains have been trained to automatically convert the word to what it should be in many cases. That's probably why editing on the screen is much harder than on paper.
And I'm finding this next prompt totally intimidating! I may or may not be able to do this one...
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I saw this prompt on Pinterest, actually. I thought it would be interesting, since a lot of us are at diffirent ages and stages of our lives. Remember, you can take it in any direction you wish...short story it, even. My sister,who will be 11, said that you could do one chapter for each year of your life.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Response to Prompt #12:

Tempest would have to be my favorite character that I have created.

As you all know, she was born thanks to Maxie's sadness prompt.

Tempest is of average height and relatively small build; she has a mass of black curls and dark grey eyes. She can be tempestuous st times, as her name would suggest. But she can also remain calm and levelheaded when the need arises. She's very loyal and hates to see anyone she loves suffer. Some people think she's a bit eccentric, as she can sometimes be overhead talking to herself and carrying on one-sided conversations with animals. Her father is dead. Her mother is living, but Tempest doesn't know that. She also has a little brother.

She still remains a fairly undeveloped character as I am having trouble with her story. I cannot decide if her story takes place in medieval times, WW 1 or 2 times, or modern times. Just out of curiosity, back when I posted my response to the prompt...what time period do you all picture it taking place? Also, I could use some help in adding faults to her character.

As far as this latest prompt goes, I'm not sure I will be able to do it. I don't remember every year of my life. My earliest memories are age three, and they aren't very clear. And I only remember a few things.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Aw, I have helped Mareth create a character!

Oh, the prompt doesn't need to be memories...you can practice research to see what was going on in the world at the time you were alive. I think I may take that route.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, you did! And as I said, she's turned into my favorite.

Oh, okay. That makes more sense. Well...I'll have to see about that.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Im glad that the prompts are helping!

For those of us who did NaNoWriMo...willl you join next year, and what can you do better?
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
My life is either boring, dramatic or crazy so I don't think I'll do this prompt. However, you all may recall a prompt a while back, where we were supposed to work of the sentences "I had found it, and now, all I needed to do was protect it, protect it with my life. A small price to pay, for something that would either save or destroy the world. No pressure." Well, you all seemed to like mine pretty well & I am hoping to be able to work a romantic suspense novel from it. I know some of you wanted me to tell you what the object was, and I finally figured it out last night after talking about it a bit with a coworker. So, it is a special type of rock called hyacinth, pale lavender in color. When mixed with the right minerals it can cure cancer, but when ground with others into a powder it causes cancer simply by breathing in the dust. So my character has the task of getting a small chunk of it back to the FDA in the USA while trying to keep it from the Chileans, headed by Chayose Romero.
So, what do you all think of this idea? I have some ideas of what happens in the middle, & obviously there will be a special man to help her eventually. Actually, the two other scenes I have in mind were both inspired by some wild dreams I had.
And Maxie, I would like to try NaNo for real this year, even though I never officially participated; I even found a helpful article on pinterest on how to write a novel in 30 days. But I shall see what's going on in my life once November gets closer!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
That sounds great, Blue!!! I am glad that the prompts are helping.
<< First2526272829Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email