Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2324252627Last >>
Author Topic:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Blue - good job! I enjoyed your story.

Cenor - I agree with Gem about him...I couldn't really get a clear picture. Kind of a shadowy cloaked figure, or something.

Rhodi - great story! I must agree with Gem here, again...it did remind me of Star Wars. Your story was still cool, though! I'm trying to think where this would fit in with the other part of the Worldjumper story I read. Although I still haven't finished it...I need to soon. It's quite interesting.

Gem - I love how you did this prompt. Pretty brilliant. I can't think of much to criticize, really...

I still haven't gotten around to writing something for this. You guys have all written such good stories! I don't think that I could do this prompt justice. I can try, though.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Gem, I'm with Mareth! It's very creative & would make a fabulous book! I like how you made "it" a person rather than object like everyone else seemed to do (including myself!).
& Mareth, don't be scared to try to prompt! I found it quite fascinating to work with this one. I admit I was a bit intimidated at first as well.
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I'm looking to make the next prompt a little bit easier than this last one. Maybe a picture prompt or something.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Ooh, that's sounds fun, maxie!

Gem- I really liked yours. I could really feel the sense of urgency and the need to protect the child.

thanks, guys! And I promise I wasn't thinking about Star Wars when I wrote that! ha ha! Though it's really hard not to when writing sci-fi. And Mareth- that won't be in Worldjumpers. It would take place several years after the events in the story.
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I would like to extend my personal congratulations to Cenor who has joined the ranks as a Winner of National Novel Writing Month!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks everyone! Actually, Blue, I hadn't even considered making it into a book...I'll have to see if I can figure out how to do that!

Rhodi, as I said, I'm probably just obsessed. I have my fandoms on the brain All. The. Time.

Congrats, Cenor!!
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Sounds cool, Maxie.

Ah, okay Rhodi. So...an epilogue or sequel perhaps.

Congratulations, Cenor!

[Edited on 11/30/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks! I was just editing though, and I still haven't written chapters 7, 14, 25, and 30.

So in a few days I will be posting something Rise of Aredor related. That is, of course, if I will not spoil the book for any of you haven't read it. Please tell me if I should post here or send in PMs.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I have completed my 50,000 and have won NaNo as well! Anyone who is participating, you have until midnight to upload and validate your word count!

BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Way to go Maxie & Cenor! & everyone else participating in NaNo, I wish you all the best of luck in these last few hours! I reached my goal of 30,000 words a few days ago & then went up to a bit over 35,000. Now that I'm done I really think I could have pushed myself to the 50,000 words. Perhaps next year! Good luck everyone!
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Congratulations, Maxie!!! (I already PMed you, but hey! I can't say it too many times. ) And you, too, Blue!! You should totally try it next year!! It was so much fun.
I reached 50,000 words at around 7:00 last night with unbelievable support and encouragement from my family (especially my cousin *snickers*). Otherwise I would never have made it.
And congratulations to any of those who participated (officially or not) and didn't quite meet their word count. You still got a lot of words on paper, and that's always a good thing!!
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Yay OneSizeFitsAll! I'm so glad you made it! I know you've been kind of stressed about it but now it's over until next year!
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Congrats everybody that participated in NaNoWriMo! Even if you didn't finish I think it's awesome that you participated!
Hopefully I can try here in a year or so when I finally finish with school!
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
So I went back on Nano to check out everyone's status and saw that Gem had reached 50,000!

So...Congrats everyone!!!!!!!

What is everyone's preferred way of writing? Alone or in a room full of people?

Okay now Gem you must send me some of your work
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Congrats all! Great job, OneSize! I knew you'd make it!

Prompt Number Nine:

Write a piece describing the taste of your favorite food.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Congratulations, Maxie and Gem!!!

I didn't reach my goal...in fact, I'm very, very, very far from it. But NaNo was still fun, even though I completely failed.

Nice prompt. I'll have to think about it first...
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Cenor, in answer to your inquiry I prefer to write when I have an idea no matter if I am alone or in a room full of people; I have done both! However, the ideal setting is alone or with people who ignore me lol
& Mareth, I talked to someone today about NaNo & I expected her to reach 50,000 but she said she didn't really get anything done! So be glad you got something, no matter how little it might seem.
& I shall have to think about the prompt too! I certainly need help in the description area lol
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hmmm nice prompt Maxie!

I prefer working alone or where no one can look over my shoulder.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
I prefer working in a room full of people, who I can talk to and bounce ideas off of, but I like to have my back against a wall, so no one can see what I'm writing. (And didn't I know I would be the ONLY people person again? *sigh* I'm surrounded by introverts... )

Mareth, Blue said it all! As long as you got something written (and you did, because I saw your word count) you did great!

Ooooh, Maxie! I'm going to have a TON of fun with this one!!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I always usually write alone. I don't like to be bothered when I am concentrating and I am always wary of the spying issue.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Nice Avi Gem!

I'm an introvert writer...but a extrovert by nature

OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks!! Watched Big Hero 6 on Monday, and am now completely obsessed.

Wait...is that possible? But any kind of extrovert is good.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Same response as maxie. lol! My sisters always try and peak over my shoulder if they see me writing.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I used to hide my notebooks from prying eyes, but now they are all gathered in one place since there are so many. I do always carry around Trashlist, though, because there is stuff in there that may be for my eyes only.

[Edited on 12/03/2014 by findemaxam48]
SadroTook
Council Member
Send Message
I like to write alone, and am a complete and utter introvert to the core
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
How do y'all get your ideas for stories?

I got the below idea last night in bed when I saw my half-open closet door. I'm thinking about making it into a kid's story.
"The one bad thing about having a door to another world in your closet is when that door decides to activate you can’t get any clothes from said closet before you go through. So, in Paige’s case, she had to go through in her pajamas."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I get ideas from dreams, normal items in weird places, the weather, a old rusty gate...

Oh by the way, my mom and I are looking into publishing a paragraph. Does anyone know where to look?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I share a room with my sisters, and as a result, I do not often have the chance to write alone. They usually do not bother me, though. And sometimes it is helpful to have them around, to (as Gem said) bounce ideas around. As a general rule though, I'd prefer to be left alone when writing.

I don't. Sorry, Cenor...

That sounds like an awesome story idea, Rhodi! I love it!

I get ideas from so many places...pictures, scenery, people...I can't think of all of them at the moment.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Rhodi, since all my sisters are also writers, they have a little more respect for my privacy...though they are sure to come running if they get wind of the fact that I'm looking at Pinterest...
Oh, and I also like that idea for a story!! I would totally read it...

I get ideas from my sisters, mainly. I also like to twist ideas or phrases from books and movies and write stories from them. And then I often build stories off of titles, which I often find in random lines from the Bible or poetry. But there are far more ways I get ideas than I can list here. O.o
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I get my ideas from my dreams. I also go outside and swing on the porch swing with my Trashlist and I listen to music and I brainstorm. Music is essential to everything that I do, and there are often bits of lines that I feel completely sum up a character or an event.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Here is my prompt piece! I am writing about my most favoritist food ever, Chicken Alfredo.

Creamy. That is the first word that comes to mind. Creamy and rich, with the slight tang of basil on my tongue. The pasta is sliced thick, and boiled to perfection; the melted cheese dances perfectly with them to create a delightful sensation. Tangy grilled chicken sleeps on top of the bed of noodles, dripping slightly with sauce. My mouth waters as I take my first bite.

This one doesn't need to be long. Short and sweet'll do just fine.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Dang it, maxie! My mouth is watering now!
I'm not going to be able to do this one. I have 5 finals next week and studying is kicking my butt right now.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Rhodi, I love your story idea! I find my inspiration from all sorts of places. One story is actually based off a dream that I told my BFF & she suggested turning it into a story, & thankfully I had some hobbits I wanted to write about so it was perfect (even though the dream had nothing to do with hobbits lol). I love to take fairy tales & twist them around into a unique interpretation & like changing it around so it happens to a boy (e.g. The Handsome Sleeper is based off Sleeping Beauty but features a man who gets disenchanted by a woman rather than vice-versa). Also, sometimes people will say something that gives me a great idea, or I see an item that makes me think of a good story. I'm sure I get ideas from books, movies, & songs as well.
& Maxie, great description! It does sound rather delicious! Unfortunately I cannot think of a reply to your prompt; my favorite food is chocolate in general & that is pretty much impossible to describe in words, at least for me. Then again, I am not good with descriptions lol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hey guys!

Unfortunately, I am very sick, so this is going to be my brief visit and prompt handing over.

Prompt Number Ten:

Write about your favorite holiday decoration

BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Aw! Feel better soon, Maxie! & I love this prompt; I already know exactly what I'll write about!
<< First2324252627Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email