Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First3536373839Last >>
Author Topic:
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Great tips, & I love Pinterest! It's great for so many things, writing included. I definitely second your opinion, Maxie!
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
The thing is not to get distracted.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Quite right! Someone over here obviously gets distracted by a certain Elvenking way too often...And I don't use my writing board enough!
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Hey guys! After quite a while of consideration, I finally made my own blog! Mareth's mentioning of her blog, along with others, prompted me to put it in action. I've thought too much about it Plus, the American National Day of Prayer is just round the corner, and that's the topic I would like to share as my very first post. I hope you don't mind my shameless bit of advertising lol
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks for the advice Maxie!

That's great, Alex! Can't wait to start reading it. Oh, guess I got mixed up on the day that National Day of Prayer landed on. I thought it had already passed, and I was mad at myself for forgetting it. But it looks like it's today. Yay!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Awesome, Alex! More blogging friends! Make sure you share the link with us!

Sorry I'm still MIA. I'm almost done with finals. My last one is tomorrow and then maybe I can get on here a little more.
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Good luck on finals, Rhodi!

Since it's update Thursday...

I started a new story. I know, I know. Just what I needed. It's based off both the picture prompt I posted here, and another one. I had started them as two separate prompts, but then I thought, why not combine them? So I did, and thus a new story was born. It's still in the early stages, and I haven't done a whole lot with it yet. But I think it should be fun to write. I believe that's basically all I have for updates at this moment.

I may be a bit scarce around here for the rest of this week and the coming one, because I'll be a little busy. But hopefully I'll be back around after that.

[Edited on 05/07/2015 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I missed Update Thursday because I was trapped in the basement of the basilica rehearsing...

I am 3,587 words in for the Mini NaNo. I hope to finish this month.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Alright, I'm just too lazy to update on Thursday, although I'll plead the excuse that I was working!
Anyway, here's my prompt response for this week! It's from the same story I'm doing for our mini NaNo, which is the fourth & final installment of Mushu's & my miniseries. (Maxie, does this count towards my word count, even if I'm not actually using this in the story, or if I do it will be very much altered?). I will warn everyone there are a few spoilers, but not really anything that you can't find by simply looking up Arathorn son of Arador.

Arathorn grew up in Rivendell, as do all the sons of the Dúnedain chieftains. His mother died when he was 12 (& no, I haven’t figured out what happened to her yet; I’m not even sure it’s relevant to the story as of right now-276 words). Since he has had few women in his life, other than a nursemaid who cared for him until he turned six, he tends to be uncomfortable around females. His greatest fear is marrying a nice lady that he holds very dear to his heart, then losing her in some tragic death. Elrond’s wife, Celebrían, sailed to the Undying Lands a few centuries before Arathorn come to dwell there; the young man has seen Lord Elrond’s grief and that of his own father over his mother. While they do not show their emotions much, there is a grief dwelling deep inside them, causing them to be a bit gruff and sometimes overprotective of their loved ones. Consequently, Arathorn worries that he too will face the same pain, constantly there.
He has been a bachelor for 52 years & has learned to enjoy the seclusion of being a Ranger. Once he becomes chieftain, he knows it will be a heavy load & he worries the strain of all his duties would be hard on a wife. Perhaps she would die of grief that he could not spend the amount of time with her that she needed. More stress is added on him when he visits home; his father, Arador, constantly pressures him to marry & produce an heir to the chieftaincy. This causes their relationship to be a bit uptight, & sometimes Arathorn finds himself resenting his father’s pushiness. He has just never found a woman who gave him that certain spark…that is, until Gilraen comes along.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Wow... that's good, Blue. Best to you in working on that!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Blue, you can use it for your word count. T is good, however, work on more show and less tell. I know you are going to expand it. So no worries.

Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
That's a very interesting piece, Blue. I give the same tip as Maxie.

As for my blog, here is the link: http://torchesinthenight.blogspot.com/

Hope you enjoy it!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I will check it out, Alex! Mareth, can you repost the link to your blog?

Here is my response to the prompt.

---------

My arm flops out to the left side as I blink rapidly in the fluorescent light. The needles send cold fluids into my vein, the tubes pinch the delicate layers of skin..

I try to wiggle my fingers. The nurse to my left stops me and flattens my palm into th mattress.

"Where's Gabriel?" I ask blearily, but they quickly give me another shot of something. It hurts, and I try to shout, "Stop it! You're hurting me!"

They don't stop, but now they are listening to me. Closely.

"The anesthetic should have taken effect," a female voice says.

"Not long. She's on her way, now," someone male says.

I start to cry. The tears burn my tortured skin and run down my neck. "Where's Gabriel" I ask again, gasping. "Where's Gabriel? I-I want my big brother-"

The door opens and slams shut again. Someone sighs and says, "You've got your own patients."

A warm hand wraps around my fingers, and I recognize the voice. "She's my best friend. I'm not leaving her when she's scared."

"She's calling for her brothers."

"I know. But they're in a different country. They're grieving. They think that their sister is dead."

"Have they been contacted?" The female says. "Do they know we have her now?"

"No. I'll- I'll call them. When she's out of surgery."

I'm moving. There is suddenly more weight on my moving bed, and the familiar voice says, "Darkness? Can you hear me? It's Jed. It's me."

I can't get his name out. I can't move anymore.

"It's okay, it's okay, darling," Jed whispers as we stop moving. "I'm right here. I'm going to help fix you up. Here. Go to sleep."

"I don't want to-to dream, Jed, I don't want to dream-"

"Shh. I'm here. Im going to protect you."

Everything turns pink. Just before I drift off into my own hell, he whispers, "I love you, darling. Don't leave me."

Fires bloom and wolves howl. Flowers wither and die. Ash rains from a green sky. Blade smiles at me and twists his sword into my head. "Once and for all," he murmurs.

I kick. I scream. I fight. I yell.

No one is there to save me.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Blue, that was really good! My suggestion is the same as Maxie's.

Maxie, wow! It was very real and quite scary. Great job!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Song! I appreciate the comments.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks everyone! My goal was just to give a rough overview of the fear, which really isn't even a very bad fear. But I will hopefully be able to expand it somewhere within the story.
Maxie, I'm really sorry I can't read your prompt. I'm sure it's really good. I got through the first sentences but needles really freak me out (unless I'm sewing with one!). I'm sorry! Now you all know about one of my own fears!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Haha, sorry about that, Blue.

Alex, I just read your blog post and commented. It was very good!
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Don't worry about it, Maxie! I just don't read it & I'm fine! I'm definitely just overly sensitive to stuff like that, so it's all me, not you.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Alex, thank you so much for sharing your blog with us. It was a blessing to me.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It was a blessing for me, as well. Maybe, Alex, you can advertise it in the Christian Role Call thread as well. I hope that you can get all sorts of people reading it, at any rate.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth, I just read and commented on your blog! It was very well written!
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Very interesting Alex. I agree with most of your points, in that the ongoing process of segregation of religion from other aspects of life is one that is not tolerable for religious people, and is not necessary from an atheistic viewpoint. The effects of this are felt across the world, with France being a notable example. The concept/policy of laïcité in France borders on (and I think probably crosses the border of) a violation of human rights. Christians are not allowed to wear crosses, Jews are often banned from wearing Kippahs and Sikhs are not allowed to wear turbans in schools; it seems as if the process of separating religion from state/daily life has turned into a process of alienating religion from daily life.
Thanks for sharing, and very well written!
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Alex and Mareth,can you tell us more about the blog creating process? And how you began to write your first posts?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I know...I'm dead and in the ground cold here...but...

I have delved into the world of fanfiction and you will see in the link in my siggy I have written (or started actually) four fanfics. My newest one is dedicated to a couple of my Legolas loving friends who are making the story happen.

Legolas, after a long search, finds the elusive Strider among the Rangers of the North. But soon after he arrives, the Elf Prince finds himself mixed up in mysterious murders in the Ranger camps. Little does the Rangers know that the murderer, The Bloody Handed, is in the camps, and he has been hired to take out all the Ranger leaders. Can Strider and Legolas destroy this threat?

Find out more at:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11236416/1/He-is-known-in-the-Wild-as-Strider
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Censor, I may check that out, but lately I have just not been that into fanfictionm. I think it may be because I have read so much of it. And I am beta reason about five. But I may just check it out.
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you guys for your comments! I really appreciate that. I hope that the blog will touch lives. PSK, I agree with you. You said "most of the points," though. Would you mind sharing about those you don't? It's alright if you don't want to. Or is this off-topic for this thread? Maxie, what do you mean by the blog creating process? You want us to give you steps on how to start a blog?

I wanted to write something for Mother's Day, but the more I thought about what to say, the more stuck I get.

[Edited on 05/11/2015 by Alexanda]
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Censor lol...

And Alex seeing as I am not Christian I'm not sure about the every tongue confessing about Jesus Christ stuff (I intend no offence of course). Your ideas I agreed with, and I understand the Christocentric focus, but I believe what you say applies more widely that's all. Good job though!

I'll check it out when I have a minute Cenor, I haven't actually read any of your fan fic writing so I'll definitely be excited to read some even if it is later rather than sooner.
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Ah I see; understood.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, about why you wanted a blog, the creation of the page, etc.

Happy Monday!

Prompt 39

"Under a falling sky, there is nowhere to hide."

Have at it!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Tip Tuesday!

Names are everything! Be sure that the names of your characters match their personality and what they do. Look at Aragorn- that was what he went by as King, but you all know what he went by as a Ranger.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Tech Wednesday!

To see errors in your work, head on over to Google Translate. Copy and paste your text into the box, and have it read out loud for you.
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Well, I wanted a blog because I wanted a place where I can have my writings together (not all my writings, but those that fit with the purpose of the blog).

You'll first have to make a blog account. With that done, just click the "Start a blog" button. Shouldn't be too hard to navigate the site.

Yeah I know. I'm not that helpful
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
And it is all on Blogspot, I am guessing.

Update Thursday! I am 6034 words into the Mini NaNo.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Alright, I'll actually update ya'll. I started another fanfic yesterday, one I've had in mind for a long time that will likely be pretty short. I'm apparently on a killing spree; my death count this week is I think up to around 7 or so, although some were joint efforts. I think I started that fanfic just to kill off people. Anyway, I'm at 7,071 for our mini NaNo. So far, Arathorn is going alright but I sense he will need some work later on.
Way to go, Maxie!
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Lol, some of them were joint efforts...

I don't understand how you guys can write so much. The longest any of my stories have been are about 4 pages.
<< First3536373839Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email