Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Post Favorite Animals?
on: March 13, 2013 05:11
Favorite animals anyone? I'm an outdoor gurl so I figured I'd do something about nature. You can also post about your pets or any experiences you've had with animals. I've had a lot. When I find the time, I'll post. But for now, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!?!? 8O -Sydney/Rodwen
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Favorite Animals?
on: March 13, 2013 05:47
As far as domesticated pets go I love cats and dogs; but the wild side of me loves wolves and big cats.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2013 08:50
I too like wolves! I also like tigers, leopards, birds, (speaking of birds, adorable avi, Rodwen!), and more that I can't think of.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2013 08:12
I love cats and birds. I can't have a cat because it's too hard to find affordable apartments that allow them, so I have birds instead, and they are TOO CUTE! I like to play with any willing cat, and my adopted family has a sheltie I love, I probably spelled that wrong. I only like dogs if they don't lick or jump up on me, so unfortunately that rules out most of them. I really like observing birds outside as well as squirrels, especially when they chase eachother. I like bears on TV, and only on TV.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2013 09:49
I love cats..big and small. I love their faces, ears, eyes, whiskers, paws and tails. It brings me great joy to watch them interact with each other and play. Polar bears are another favourite of mine. I like fireflies and butterflies as well. And foxes and horses and hawks and ducks and cows and wolves and coyotes and deer and.......
I have held snakes and an alligator and a baby tiger. I even like spiders but if I had to pick just one it would be cats.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2013 10:29
Spiders??? (Squeals)
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2013 11:49
I find spiders to be quite interesting...even though Bad Spider bit me on the face not to long ago. I marvel at the webs they make.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2013 04:00
I love watching them create their wonderful webs, so long as I'm out of danger of being bitten. I also love it in the morning when you walk outside and see all the dew-covered spider webs in the grass.

I also like horses. And cats. And a lot more animals...
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2013 05:56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4NMoJcFd4 for all you cat lovers, i hope none of you are this extreme. See the original on youtube
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2013 09:05
cats
dragons
llamas
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2013 09:26
I'm mainly a dog person. No offense to kitty lovers, but to me, cats are annoying. Maybe that's just because the cats I've had are annoying. I've met some nice ones But my dream would be to own horses! I've loved them since I was little, but they are a lot to keep up with, and can be expensive Does anyone else have horses?
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2013 11:08
I wish I did. My favorite animals are probably birds or fish. I marvel at how graceful birds can be and how they make their nests and fly to the clouds. If I could have one power in the world, I would choose the ability to fly. Or breathe under water. Which is where the fish came in. I love dolphins, except they don't breathe under water and their not fish...but you know what I mean. As far as experiences go, I've seen a coyote, fox, frogs, salamanders, owls, turtles, catfish, and much more just at my camp. I also spent one night in my camper with raccoons and bears outside. It was scary. I also ran into a spiderweb when I was little. That was the grossest thing in the world. EEEWW!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2013 07:39
We've had a variety of different animals walk to our house. Somewhere around 12 dogs were dropped off at the end of our road, we had a lame horse walk to our house, an emu, 2 peacocks, 1 albino and 1 normal, and probably more then that.

Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2013 06:26
My favorite animal is the Timber (or gray) Wolf. They are just so beautiful and mysterious to me. It takes my breath away to see them in the wild (It has only happened to me once). Very elusive creatures.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2013 09:41
Let's see cats, I've got two of them. A ferret would be a fun challenge, yet I have not been able to see any of them nor seen them in a home setting...they are illegal to have in California. But there's a chance that law might be turned around. And a Fox...I think I would like a gray fox, similar to a cat and similar to a dog. But they are also illegal to own a 'wild' animal in California even if they are wounded and you are trying to nurse it back to health. (That's what I hear I could be wrong though, California's laws are annoying and sometimes difficult to understand)
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: March 17, 2013 07:35
Ferrets are wonderful pets. I've had four of them in my lifetime. My last girl passed away over 2 years ago. One of the sad things is that they don't have very long life spans. Mithril was almost 9 yrs old which is positively ancient for a ferret. Average age is 3-5 yrs, living life in the fast lane. They are a bit of hoarders (they like various things like pieces of rubber or shiny things), love to play, sleep a lot (they are actually nocturnal, but will wake up and play with you), and are forever young in their attitudes. They are NOT vicious and if you get them young (or taught from a young age) will NOT bite humans unless threatened. Their eyesight is poor, but they have great noses. They cannot survive on their own in the wild because they have been domesticated for about 400 years. The ferrets we have as pets are of European stock, not at all the same as the Black-footed Ferret here in the US (mostly the plains states). There are a lot of covert ferret owners in California, despite them being illegal because they are quiet, unobtrusive pets (don't bark and are a lot less dangerous to wildlife than cats, though I love kitties, too). Right now I have 3 cats and a dog and that's it. A lot less than in the past!
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2013 07:40
BelleBayard, how well did you ferrets get along with your cats? (That is if you had them at the same time.)
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
BelleBayard
Send Message
on: March 18, 2013 08:18
Actually, pretty well once they determined who was top animal. LOL... Ferrets are smaller, but they have sharp teeth and are quick and low to the ground. If you raise them together with other animals they all get along okay. Always tiffs, but ferrets should be caged at night to keep them from getting into places you REALLY don't want them and prevent kitties from getting into spats with them. They can be hurt by cats and dogs, but they are not entirely helpless. Always introduce new animals gradually and under supervision until you're sure there's not going to a problem with either the new animal or the old getting injured.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2013 08:49
My dad had ferrets and rats growing up because his parents and brothers were allergic to cats and dogs. He legit slept with his rat because she wouldn't stay in her cage over night! I would not be able to do that! I have a dog (Speca) that is a husky/hound mix. Like, she has pretty blue eyes and white fur but brown speckles and a bit of a curled tail. I have a cat (Flo) who is red-ish brown and white. She's a fat cat at the least. Then I have a bunny (Steven) if I can call it that. He's bigger than my cat, which is saying a lot. He's gray and black, but he's my favorite 'cause he doesn't make any noise.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2013 01:38
Okay, if anyone is bored and wants to hear a cool story, read on! Okay, so my family and I were walking around our school campus after a meeting thing (we live very close to our school so we can walk without dying) and we stopped by the flag pole to relax for a bit. A little while later, a custodian worker comes out of the building and asks us if we lost our bird. We couldn't understand him, so we walked forward. We saw a rainbow-ish bird on his shoulder and he was standing awkwardly, trying to get it off. We said no but he went on to explain how this bird just flew in the school and onto his shoulder. "He wont get off" he said. So sure enough, by the end of the time there, we had the bird in our hands and he was back in the school with the doors locked behind him. By now, we have no choice. So, we took him home, and made him a cage and got birdseed. We researched and found out that it was a Sun Conure. We named the bird, which we guessed was a boy, Skittles because he was all of the colors of the rainbow. We love Skittles, but he can be so loud sometimes! He loved to take baths and eat papaya. If you want a pet that you wont be allergic to and can still socialize with, get a bird. They're just so cute!
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: March 23, 2013 03:12
Before rushing out to buy any animal it's best to check whether they're an endangered species. The capture and sale of animals is bringing many of them close to extinction. Maybe a trip to South America to see them in their home would be better, eh?
BelleBayard
Send Message
on: March 23, 2013 08:39
Most likely it was someone's pet that escaped. I'm surprised you didn't see an add asking about it. There are conures that are in pet stores, but sometimes they ARE obtained illegally. We have an entire flock of green parrots in my neighborhood that most likely started from an illegally obtained pair that were loosed before they were brought over the border, or shortly after. Now there are at least 10 or more them and are they LOUD!
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2013 09:59
Thanks for the Info about the Ferrets! Now to do more research on them, and hope that California decides to stop wasting time (and possibly money) on blocking Ferret owners and spend that time on something that would benefit the state more.
Taug anin ú-daug.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2013 02:13
Aww, Skittles, I remember him!!!!!!! Although he was quite loud. Well, I like dogs more than cats, becasue the cats I have encountered were none too civil But, as for nondomesticated, I like tigers and those little rainforest frogs...I think they're called Tree Frogs??? IDK
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: March 24, 2013 04:13
Belle, I don't think green parrots are endangered, unless you get fed up with the noise.
Where do ferrets sleep? In a hammock of course! These little cuties were at the local show.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2013 09:04
Dawww! The cuddly CALM terrors! I'm going to guess one of the few times that they are not running around as fast as they can. ^.^
Taug anin ú-daug.
BelleBayard
Send Message
on: March 25, 2013 09:28
Yep, they are so adorable, but when they are awake they do tend to get in trouble a lot. LOL... Still, I miss my fuzzy worms, but won't be getting any more. Trying to downsize my menagerie since my kids are grown now.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2013 12:47
hmm...hard question. maybe cats? no, i love dogs just the same. same with rabbits, horses, and goats. practically any baby animal. i like ferrets, mice, rats, bunnies, cats, dogs, horses, goats, and any baby animal! lol
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2013 10:42
heheheh I know, I love them all!
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2013 10:58
it is hard not to!
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2013 10:58
it is hard not to!
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2013 06:56
God has made animals soooo darn cute and awesome!!!
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2013 04:44
Anybody else like wallabies? (If you don't know, they are mini-kangaroos.) Bennett's wallabies make really good pets and are the most common breed of pet wallabies in the United States. I want one so badly you have no idea.
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2013 04:59
Yes, I like wallabies Callendor. I saw a show on them on the Crocodile Hunter once, they are so adorable. It would be cool to have one.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2013 09:36
Hm....I've heard of wallabies before. They SOUND cute. Let's find a picture. Thanx Google! AW! It's cuuuuute!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email