Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Post What Happens In Movies....
on: December 26, 2013 02:51
Name some things that happen in movies that will never happen in real life. Whether it's things you see or things people say...anything. This could go on forever.

Ex: People's sinks are always empty of dirty dishes.
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Death Stars rarely have such obvious design flaws.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
The way doctors and nurses act around each other in movies and relationships between doctors, nurses, and patients is often SOOOO unrealistic. For instance, a doctor and a patient have a romantic relationship and everyone is fine with it - in real life that could get the doc in a ton of trouble. If for some reason he or she does fall in love with a patient, said patient should be transferred to another provider for care as it could be seen as totally inappropriate. Another one is doctors and nurses all having intimate relationships with each other - um, no... not professional and if you're caught messing around you're in a whole lotta trouble! The focus is healthcare, not romance, and if you let it interfere you're doing a disservice to EVERYONE! Eeesh... Sorry, just my irritation showing after a day of slogging through a ton of work at my clinic. :/
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oooh, look, a tree falls across that path right at that exact moment when someone is fleeing from danger!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Yes Belle, I get your point. Things like that annoy me too!

~The whole love relationship thing over all always works out right. The handsome man gets the perfect girl, they fall in love, they have beautiful children and live happily ever after, THE END!
~The days go by way too fast
~The good guys always recover from a major injury just in time to come back and save the other good guys from an attack from the evil dude.
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
There is a clear group of bad guys. In real life thee are loads and loads of bad guys an hardly anyone is actually completely good.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Taking into account how many people there actually are in the world, so no offense meant to anyone... I'm sure you're all good guys!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
The Enterprise has Warp Drive. And Beaming. Ask Einstein and Heisenberg or their students (of any generation) about that.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
When people fall in love it is hardly ever as awkward as in real life... it all just works out for them.
I don't really know if this counts, but when people randomly start singing and everyone seems to know the words, even though if that happened in real life everyone would think you were a complete idiot, and hardly anyone would know the words.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
High School Musical, anyone?

-When books that are made into movies have all sorts of factual errors that make you want to rip out your hair.
-When even after a long and brutal fight, the heroine (never seems to happen to heros) comes out absolutely unharmed.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
tarcolan
Send Message
Both warp drive and spontaneous synchronised singing are at least possibilities, as I'm sure Einstein would concur. I think it's the more serious movies (or films as we call them) that matter. Believe it or not some people do fall in love and live happily ever after. If I didn't believe that I would throw myself into the nearest...um...dilithium crystal refinery?

What annoys me is how everyone waits politely for the other person to finish speaking...almost as if it's scripted! No, no I haven't finished. Errr.... I don't like how spaceships make a whooshing noise. In space! Like, a vacuum. No sound in space. Just music. Strauss is nice.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah Wolfie, my sisters have talked about that before.

The bad guys almost always show up at the end. Unexplained. I find it rather amusing.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
People manage to crush things with their bare hands. Stuff like... apples... and full glasses... (and never get covered in gunk or pieces of glass)

People have perfectly white teeth, unless they are especially not meant to. Anyone watched the Merlin tv program? There would have been no toothpaste whatsoever! (apart from maybe really bad ones that didn't work)

People never seem to get their hair messed up (heroins, mostly).
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Lol good point about the Merlin show. I wasn't really paying attention to their teeth, but come to think of it, they were pretty perfect. I've only seen a couple of those shows anyway.

Yes, hair and makeup. And if they get hurt at all, it's usually an epic scratch on the cheek or something.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
No matter how long someone is supposed to have been in a location, they never have to go to the bathroom.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
fëalisse
Council Member
Send Message
findemaxam48 said:
-When even after a long and brutal fight, the heroine (never seems to happen to heros) comes out absolutely unharmed.

They don't come out absolutely unharmed, findemaxam. Heroines always have one single scrape perfectly aligned to accentuate the cheekbone. hehe.
Image Nessa ~ Dance Like Nobody's Watching ~
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Haha you guys are all making some really good points! Huldah, I never realized about the bathroom thing, but now that I think about it, that's totally true
I hate it when you can guess what's about to happen in the movie, like they use cliché lines and events where you're like "I totally saw THAT coming." I like the unexpected in movies
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Whenever there is a river, there always seems to be a waterfall, and if someone falls over the waterfall they always seem to be completely unhurt.
tarcolan
Send Message
"We must get to the mountain before the end of Durin's Day" says Thorin.
Because Dwarves have very short memories.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
^That's a good one too.
People never stutter or stop to think of what to say. They always have everything that they want to say planned. Me, on the other hand, has to say someones name, wait and hold my head while I remember what I was about to say, laugh, then it comes to my head sometime later when it's not important anymore.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When people say really obvious things that leave you yelling, "Duh!"

Example:

"If there's a key, there's a door."
"There's another way in."
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! SOO TRUEE!!!

When peoples hair and outfits are perfect and everything matches and sounds perfect.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When the lonely depressed girl always gets the dream guy at the end.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I think they even made a movie making fun of this silliness in some movies:

When the hero has a six-shot revolver but fights a five-minute (longer?) gun battle without ever reloading.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When kids are in school and they have 20 minutes passing time between classes. (In America, you have three to five minutes to get from class to class, not sure how it works in other countries.)
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
We get five minutes.

When people call off an engagement because they've fallen in love with someone else, and everyone is okay with this. Though sometimes the guy who is dumped does get a bit upset.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
When girls wake up in the morning in full makeup.

When a movie is set in a jungle and the men are in full camouflage gear and the women are in the teeniest of shorts and tank tops.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
That's a good one, too, Lindarielwen!

There are never any piles of dirty laundry laying around.
The closets are always neat and organized.
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
The bad guys always miss ther million shots, while the heroes always have a perfect hit with one shot.
"O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel. Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron…"
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Bahahahaha! I've noticed that too.

The good guys are usually outnumbered, and they almost always get reinforcements as soon as they most need it.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Or they single-handedly beat out their enemies.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Without getting mussed at all! Although this has gotten better for the most part. Used to be they'd be full on fighting and not a hair out of place or breaking a sweat. Really?
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
Lol, like this guy:

And the gif reminds me of another one. The policemen are always useless, unless the movie is about police officers, and only the protagonists are good the rest is stupid.
"O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel. Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron…"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When I am famous and my book becomes a movie, I will reference this thread so all of you still love me.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
@LadyElarinya: Segal DOES have a high-degree belt (Dan level something?) in Aikido.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email