Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Now, what in the world is Aikido, precioussssssss?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
You hadda ask.
And I have to translate from my German Encyclopedia.

Ai (Japanese “harmony”) Ki (Japanese “spirit”) Do (Japanese “way”), guess: “way of spiritual harmony”. Has (as far as I can tell) many things in common with Judo. Except that when you attack a master of it, you feel that you have latched onto a centrifuge and go cartwheeling towards the horizon. And Segal has a master’s belt (Dan in Karate, Judo etc.) in it, so you do not want to attack HIM!

But Aikido is not Japanese street brawling, first comes defusing the situation. But if you are a brain-dead a*hole, expect some damage to be done to your body.
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
Master or not, the hair is impeccable at all times. Hehe. And I don't think any asian martial art can be called street brawling. One of the most important aspects [and lesson] of it is Discipline and Respect.

But, just to keep in the topic. This conversation reminded me of another thing that doesn't seem to apply in movies as it does in real life...Physics. xD
Specially the asian movies. But Bollywood is the worst of them all.

"O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel. Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron…"
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Especially in animated movies, people seem to be able to pick people up no problem, when they should be groaning and struggling and dropping them on the floor.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I never realized that before! Godness, you have a good eye, Wolfie.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Well, I was watching clips from Frozen... I notice it, but I usually forget unless I have seen something with it recently.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Okay so I've purposely been watching movies just to point out all the mistakes in them. I HAD a lot, but of course, I had to forget most of them. So these will be a little bit more of "Movie Mistakes" other than "Things That Happen In Movies that Don't Happen In Real Life."

~Characters never actually look the camera in the "eye," even if it's panning around them in a circle.
~There is always one button on cell phones that will have different uses throughout the movie such as turning off, turning on, hanging up, dialing and so on.
~Characters will turn on the TV and it will automatically be on a news channel that has someone talking about something that pertains to them in an important way.
~Meals will always be made for the main character, whether shown or not. You don't often see a person stopping at a fast food place on the way to work
~Stop lights are never unusually long or green lights annoyingly short (like they are in our world)
~Their beds are always made or "neatly" messy (if that makes sense)
~You rarely see characters preparing for parties (ex- buying decorations, food, presents…) before they happen or taking them down afterwards
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth_Ravenlock said:Bahahahaha! I've noticed that too.

The good guys are usually outnumbered, and they almost always get reinforcements as soon as they most need it.

(clears throat)

you mean like at the Battle of the Pelennor Fields where first the Riders of Rohan arrive and then Aragorn arrives with the pirate ships?

(strolls away whistling to himself (badly))

[Edited on 01/18/2014 by Gandolorin]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Sydney! Lordie, you and I need to have a film fest and write all of the things we find that are wrong down!
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah. I feel like people are gonna start yelling at me cuz I'm too picky!
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When there are very obviously placed, and usually vital to the storyline, items, laying right out in the open, and no one, even if it's a large group, notices.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email