Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1011121314Last >>
Author Topic:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
[*Looks exceedingly relieved* Yes! Thanks Belle, you are a lifesaver!]

*Heres noise behind me and turns to see Maxie walking up behind me* Oh, hello. *stares out from balcony at the glories waterfalls* Nice place, isn't it? Peaceful. I wish all the world could be like this. Alas that wherever we go, there will always be evil. *falls silent*
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
[On the other hand, in a thread with no rules it's amazingly easy to nip such things in the bud, Belle. Fun too! And I see Lindarielwen an co. haven't left Rivendell, even after saying they had. See? Anything can happen. Hehehehehehe. Like this...]

...so I said No way! my auntie's milkman is called Fred as well isn't that weird and he said Not really I deliver to your auntie too and I said Wow what a coincidence and he said Not really I'm the only milkman here and I said Awesome! and he said Not really, a supernova is awesome being Nature's only way of making the necessary ingredients for life and I said You've lost me and he said.... *glances at Fighir* Oh, he's asleep. I'll go and find Mareth. *wanders out, pats Blaze, Blade and Lorien on the heads*

Mareth, Maxie. I have to get off, what's your decision? I know that Blaze is no match for even one of those dragons, and the little ones would be just a tasty snack to them but... oh now I've made you cry. No, no listen. Our dragons have one big advantage - small targets, and agility. Two big advantages. So don't despair. Back soon.

[...and remember, I only came along to stop this turning into a RPG. Hey! That's it! That's what we need against dragons, RPGs. I wonder if Gandalf would...]

[Edited on 04/04/2014 by tarcolan]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Rivendell is beautiful, Mareth. Don't worry, we'll gt of evil in the end. Perhaps.

I know, tarc, we're basically no match for any of the evil dragons, or any evil at all, really, except Orcs. And even with that, we can get into searious trouble. *sighs* Do you suppose we should go see if we can find Lindarielwen and everyone? They may have a take on whats going on, or what we should do. Maybe Elrond can help. I hear he helped a some company of nine along once.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Pets my baby girl dragon* You still need a good name...I can't go on calling you "baby dragon" forever.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that Blaze is actually huge, he just prefers his smaller size.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hm, perhaps you can find inspiration here in Rivendell, Mareth. Like I did in Lorien. *Lorien's head perks up* No, not you.

Do you think we should wait for the baddie dragons to come to us? Or go after them? Tarc? What say you?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Turns away from balcony view and heads away from the buildings, but staying within Rivendell's borders with Maxie* Perhaps I will. What is the word "River" in Elvish? I thought of since we are in Rivendell. Though it is pretty lame...hmm...
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
The Sindarin word for River is Duin, and the Quenya is Sírë. Very pretty, and though I am partial to the Sindarin, Sírë seems more fitting for a girl.

*sees a rider coming up the path* Hmm, I wonder who that could be? Looks like he's carrying a...a...horn or something on his belt, and he...he's got a sword and...and he looks...Gondorian! *grabs Mareth* Mareth Mareth Mareth Mareth Mareth! Look!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
*LS looks around the Prancing Pony and sees Barliman making himself busy with a group on the other side of the Inn. He turns back to ES*

"I do not trust Barliman, he would have sent a messenger to Rivendell informing the Elf Lord about us. And you know what ES I actually do not care. However I just heard from Guruthos that all three Dragon eggs have hatched"

"That is great news LS! I hope they will be named straight away. I can't see the Queen or Guruthos calling them baby dragon 1, baby dragon 2 and baby dragon 3, can you"

"I guess that the Queen will name them as soon as possible and they will likely be fed meat straight away"

"So no cookies then LS?. Do you think we will be able to see them or do you think that they will wait until the hatchlings are bigger"

"It is likely that the Queen will not let us near the hatchlings and I don't want to accidently lead our enemies to their location."

tarcolan
Send Message
[riven: violently split or cleaved. I am not here Maxie, I rode away on a horse lent to me by Elrond himself, one of the mearas if my eyes were not deceived by some spell. I went by hidden paths last Friday, returning the next day after a short rest. Oh, I'm back here.]

*runs up to Mareth and Maxie, gasping and covered in mud* I thought those horses... *gasp* were supposed to keep you on. *gasp* I fell off three times. And no Maxie, we won't be waiting for the dragons to find us. I think Elrond wants us out of here sharpish which is why he offered us the use of the hidden valley. Where's wolfie got to?

Look, I have it, the phial of green stuff from the chest. According to that book it has some efficacy against evil firedrakes. Elrond is trying to find out how to use it.
And get this, Barliman told me that pair were back in the inn. Their arrogant confidence will be their downfall.

Who's this coming up the path?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I don;t know where wolfie weant to- perhaps she is sightseeing around Rivendell...Yeah, if I were Elrond, I wouldn't want out loud, messy, dragon-bearing selves around here either.

I think it's...I think it might be...Boromir!? Why is Boromir headed this way!?
tarcolan
Send Message
[Yes Maxie, why is Boromir headed this way? We are all ears. ]
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Looks at approaching rider* I overheard some Elves talking about an upcoming Council. Do you suppose that's why Boromir is here?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It could be, Mareth. I don't recall hearing about a council, but then again Elrond has probably tried to keep it low-key in order to keep US out of it. I can't imagine why...
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
*Returns from the forest* Oh hey! *spots Boromir* What's he doing here?
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey tarcolan, where did I say we left Rivendell?

Lindarielwen could not but smile at Amethysia as the little dragon jumped and puffed happily. She said to Erwedraith, "It seems the others have arrived. I trust the Noobs have been diligent in keeping evil doers away." Erwedraith nodded. "There is nothing malevolent that can enter Rivendell and cause any of us harm."

The cheerful family began walking down the path, seeking out the group of travelers.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
tarcolan
Send Message
[You said - 'I will take a break from Rivendell.' but that was back on 20th March. My mistake.]

*Elrond approaches* "Are you lot still here?" says Elrond "You are most welcome, it's just that I thought you'd be gone by now. We're a bit busy and there's this Dwarf arriving who doesn't like dragons. I'm sure you understand." *He smiles and walks away*

So what are we doing then?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Humph. It seems we will have to leave...but I haven't any idea where we could go.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Boromir says we should go to Gondor. *points* But don't you think we should find Lindarielwen, Erwedraith, and Amethysia first? Seeing as thats one of the reasons we came here?
tarcolan
Send Message
So you don't fancy that secret dragon training ground? And you haven't noticed that Lindarielwen and Erwedraith are coming this way? Hi you two. Where have you been hiding? Oh look at Amethysia and Blade, Blaze, Lorien and the still-nameless other one. I think it would be wrong to split them up for a while, they're so happy. What do you two think we should do? Lindarielwen?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hm, something tells me that if we go to the secret dragon place, we're liable to set something real important on fire. Not like we don;t do that already up here, but...*shrugs* you know...

Hello, Lindarielwen and Erwedraith! It looks like Lorien, Blaze,Blade, and Amethysia have hit it off...
tarcolan
Send Message
...and the other one. Don't forget the other one.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen and Erwedraith greeted the others but kept a watchful eye on Amethysia. "Greetings to all of you," said Erwedraith. "We have taken a respite from Amethysia's training but plan to start again in the morning."

'Have you been followed?" asked Lindarielwen. "An evil one managed to get past the guards but the Noobs found him out and dropped him on the other side of the river. We have not seen any other evil doers since then. There have not been any reports of unfriendly dragons flying overhead or near the borders of Rivendell."

Erwedraith gave a soft whistle and Amethysia immediately left the other dragons and went to her Dragondaddy's side. Erwedraith looked at all of them. "We do not plan on leaving this place. Rivendell will be our home for a while as we train Amethysia in the ways of Dragonhood. She is beginning to fly and breathe fire. We want to raise her in peace and without undue hostility."

Lindarielwen nodded in agreement. "Yes, we are staying in Rivendell."
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Well, where do you think we should go then, Lindarielwen? Elrond is telling us in the most polite of ways to get out of here. But we don't want to become dragon barbequed either.
tarcolan
Send Message
It was just a logistical consideration. Even the Elves couldn't withstand a direct attack by the Black Queen and Guthuros.. err.. the other one...err... if there is another one, I wouldn't know. And if they wanted to find the dragons I think they would probably look here, which is why Elrond offered us the Impenetrable Gorge. It's secret and.. well, they can't get in it. Blaze could shrink down to get in and the others are small enough anyway.

Or we could stay here.

*Fighir appears* "Our scouts are back. The Black Queen and her cohort have secreted the eggs in a cave, and they've hatched. At first our lads were distracted by a dummy cave but the spell was overcome by them. Oh, and Elrond wants a word, I think he has some news about that green liquid."
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
So the eggs have hatched. We must not delay for too long. We have to take them down before they've got training. I say we ambush them. Maybe in their cave. Whatever the case, we'll have to act quick.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
["Since the characters that L_S and I have created cannot appropriately respond to the threat to their hatchlings (having been expressly advised that no violence is permitted in the thread), we find ourselves in a position where we can no longer effectively participate in this thread. We have, therefore, taken our hatchlings and flown to the safety of Mordor, where we will raise and train them while we await the return of our Dark Lord, Morgoth." ♣ Evil~Shieldmaiden & Lord_Sauron]

[Edited on 04/12/2014 by Evil~Shieldmaiden]
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
[Oh! I didn't know that. Well, what is your standard of violence? I...don't understand what's going on.]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I am confused as to which hatchlings ES and LS are taking to Mordor. Has everyone now arrived in Rivendell? Mareth, could you give us a brief synopsis of the story and where you would like it to go? I think we need to get back to the lighthearted tale it was in the beginning. I know there are at least two of us who would like to continue raising our little dragon.

"Maxie. I think Lord Elrond will allow everyone to stay here at Rivendell as long as it is deemed necessary. Do not forget that here, in Rivendell, we are protected by the power of the Elves and, of course, the Noobs. No harm will come to us here. Did you say Boromir is in Rivendell and wants to go to Gondor?"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I agree with Lindarielwen. It seems in recent days we have gotten off track a bit. As the creator of the original thread, Mareth, you swing us back to the track you would like us to go on.

Yes, he has expressed that Gondor will offer us safety. Wherever the majority of us wish to go, there Lorien and I will go also.
tarcolan
Send Message
[All the information you need is in previous posts. No more synopses, resumés, retrospects, condensates or whatever. And I really don't know what has frightened E~S away. Have we won? There was never any threat intended, at least not a violent one. We were going to try turning the dragies from the Dark Side.

In this non-RP story it doesn't really matter if our creations are destroyed. I've got a whole catalogue of hounds ready to take Barguest's place if he should get fried. This is a valuable lesson about the dangers of getting too attached to our creations. They'll all be gone anyway when this thread ends.
]

I admire your faith in the power of the Noobs Lindarielwen but I can't see them beating a dragon queen. [Who is still a threat whatever E~S says.] And we mustn't forget the good queen, hidden away somewhere and in communication with... umm...where'd she go? The mirror lady? Long hair, big nose. Oh well, so much for that storyline strategy.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I did not say no violence. Oh rubbish. No, no, not no violence *great English, I know*, just tone it down a bit. Arg! People keep misinterpreting my posts...grrr...maybe I should just take Blaze and my still unnamed baby dragon and drop out of this whole deal and let you guys play. All I seem to be able to do is mess things up. As Belle said, there's not much I can do as far as changing the story now. It's taken on it's own form.

[Edited on 04/13/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
I don't see the problem with letting this story take it's own form. Sure, it started light-heartedly, but it's nice that an adventure took place. Why change it? No, you're not messing things up, Mareth. I'm sure we can fix this.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
[And this is the reason for all the rules in the RPG forum. So much heart-ache, hurt feelings, misunderstandings, etc. can occur. It's very hard to keep on track. We even began an OOC thread for talking outside of the storyline to plan and figure out where things were going. The idea was not to squash, but to not unduly injure others' characters. In the RPG forum it was decided a long time ago not to allow others to kill off or move around someone else's characters. Because this isn't REALLY an RPG per se, those rules are bit more flexible. IF someone feels strongly that they need to move a certain way, then a p.m. to the person they intend to interact with can help a lot so it doesn't come as a big shock. I did NOT intend to say that LS and ES should leave, by any means, and I'm sure that Mareth didn't either. Mareth, you shouldn't have to leave either. That said, this wasn't intended to go on forever and ever (as the Virtual Pillow Fight has). Perhaps those who have been working with this need to get together in a chat or through email and work out how they want this to go. Whatcha think?]

[Edited on 04/13/2014 by BelleBayard]
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
[Ok. I understand your positions now. I respect your intentions.]
tarcolan
Send Message
[Life is what you make it Mareth. So is this thread. We await your commands/suggestions.

People have come and gone in this thread since the beginning and it hasn't bothered us at all. It's easy to invent some reason for their disappearance although I still don't know what happened to Ella the Dwarf.

I don't think it matters much if some people try to turn it into a serious story 'cos it's really easy to make nonsense of it. That's why I'm here. As regards things getting too violent, that was never an issue. 'Twas only page two of the original story before we were light-heartedly slaughtering orcs. It's not the gruesome violence that's the problem. Come back E~S we need a worthy antagonist.

It's a pity that the original discussion in the Green Dragon has gone, I should have copied it out. I distinctly remember Lindarielwen warning us about mummy dragons not being too happy if we removed eggs, so for my part I think all that has occurred since then is a valid part of the story. Every action has its consequences and whatever happens we just have to deal with it. And as I said, Barguest is up for grabs. No Blaze, I meant by the enemy. *Blaze reluctantly drops Barguest*

Finally I think we were all surprised by the popularity of this free-form format. It has certainly been a lot of fun and is an excellent exercise in adaptive storytelling, requiring quick thinking, a willingness to go with the flow and an opportunity to interact with others (furthering my thesis on group dynamics in fictional realities). Nobody wants to go to the secret valley? Fine by me, we'll do something else.

Extra finally: could everyone please read the previous posts before writing anything. It saves a lot of confusion and OOC stuff. Make notes if you want (I do), look at a map, plot the journeys. I might even put a map on the Dropbox site with timelines on it. Pointless? Yes! Of course it is! I will be making volume two of the story but without most of this square bracket stuff. It looks like the RPG forum will be changing soon so I wouldn't be surprised if this thread or others like it end up there. On with the quest...
]

How about a nice cup of tea?
<< First1011121314Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email