Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1718192021Last >>
Author Topic:
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
You can take your knife away now Cenor. Did you really think you could fool Alex and me? No self-respecting orc would bother to pour water on the fire. Apart from the *laughs heartily and coughs a lot* Better luck next time. Come out, come out wherever you are! In those bushes I reckon. C'mon you two, the night has flown and morning lifts her head. We must away.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
*pouts.* Not fair, tarc. Ah well. I suppose we will get you back eventually.

*picks up bag and yawns* I was so concerned with scaring tarc that I barely slept. Whatever. Come here, Lorien! *dragon waken up and flies over* You are most certaintly improving on your flying.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
tarcolan
Send Message
Never mind Maxie, Cenor, Mareth. I had no doubt that you could have dealt with an orc raiding party, so you can take comfort in knowing that it was your own inestimable prowess that gave the lie to your deception. [checks post to figure out if it makes sense] yup.

So after a meagre fast breaking snack I thought... Moria, West Gate? Might as well take in the sights.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Sorry, my brother snitched the router and moved it to his room, so I had no internet in my room for a few days....

*Gives out some lembas bread and dried fruit* So aren't going to Lothlorien, then?
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
tarcolan
Send Message
*sighs in despair* Err..it's on the way to Lothlorien Mareth.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Where ever we go, Im game. *takes lembas*
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
[So we could take Moria test your they would take on a host of Balrogs if I dodn't stop them tarc. Then visit Lothlorien while we are running away from orcs.]

I'm with Maxie *chews dried fruit*
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
tarcolan
Send Message
Go through Moria?! You're joking right? It's a maze in there, we'd soon get lost. No food, water, light or cakes. No I was thinking of going over the Redhorn Pass, if Caradhras will let us. I just wanted to see those fancy doors everyone talks about. It's not far. See all the holly bushes? That's why it's called Hollin. I'm guessing now. I know! I'll sing a song while we wend our way shall I?

♪Bad luck and trouble
My only friends♫
I've been down now♪
♫Ever since I was ten
Born under a bad sign♪

*dark looks from the others* Err... maybe not then.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Ooh, fancy doors. OK, then, let's try the Caradhras. You never know what will happen with us around. Did you all realize- and by all I mean tarc and Mareth- that we have been on this crazy quest for a year now?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Happy Aniversery! Happy Birthday! Happy DE!
Pretty doors lets go!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Don't leave me behind! *gathers stuff and starts off with the others*
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Sighs* Fine. *whistles for Blaze and he falls in behind the others* *calls up to Maxie* Has it really been a whole year? Well, we did have that break when we were at the Green Dragon. If you can call it a break. *adjusts pack on shoulder*
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
*Walks with Jr.* So pretty doors, Redhorn pass, what next?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yep, whole year. *starts walking* Well, keep up Cenor and Alex! We have a long ways to go!
tarcolan
Send Message
[I think Belle will close this thread next page. I don't know what we'll do then, we've run out of forums to occupy. I wonder if noleme would notice if we snuck in to the Fanfiction forum.]

Look! See that dark cliff up there? I think that's where the doors are. Can't tell from this distance. This valley we're in is supposed to be the Sirannon stream but it's just a trickle. I've got a bad feeling ab.... I mean, how odd. Let's follow it up.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
We can't stay here in the Prancing Pony?
tarcolan
Send Message
[Not up to me Mareth. We'll have to wait and see. Exciting isn't it?]

Well knock me down with a feather! A lake. There's not supposed to be a lake here, according to the old stories. Somebody's been busy building dams. *picks up a flat stone and skims it to the other side* Nine skips wide, and no way along it to the wall. Let's go back down there and have lunch. I have a need for cake. Anyone bring any?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
[Yes, exciting....]

*Rummages in pack and pulls out a slightly squished cake and tosses it to Tarc* Tarc, we do have dragons you know. We could just fly over it.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
[We better start forum shopping. ]

Where's my cake? True, but we might have to make several trips. Mareth Jr is still weak, and Lorien can only fly short distances, but Blaze is strong. We could fly our supples over on Lorien and then all ride on Blaze, if it wouldn't hurt him.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Digs around in pack again* *somehow manages to come up with several more cakes and passes them out* No, it wouldn't hurt Blaze.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
*Takes cake* Thank you. Then we can try that, then? Anyone else?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
[Couldn't we create a DE 2?]

*Takes cake* *notices ripple* Umm tarc your stone stopped skipping right?

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
[We've never belonged anywhere on CoE, Cenor. We started out in the Green Dragon, then we got moved to Games, now we're here. I don't think the mods know what to do with us...maybe we'll be able to create another DE here in the Prancing Pony, and maybe not.]

*Glances nervously at water* You don't suppose there's something in there, do you?
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
[I think I'm lost in this Middle Earth area. Redhorn Pass, Sirannon stream..... I'm totally lost ]

If there is, all thanks to Tarc. I wonder if Blaze can carry Shadow.....
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
tarcolan
Send Message
[Oh but you must get a map Alex! There are some in the Gallery but the one in the book is best, the big fold-out one in the hardback edition. Even that doesn't have the Sirannon stream marked. Who fancies drawing a map? We've come south from Rivendell on the left-hand (west) side of the Misty Mountains (Hithaeglin), just outside the Gates of Moria. So there are three dragons, is that right?]

Yes Cenor, my stone did nine skips to the other side. I was just going to suggest a swim but you've put me off now Mareth. I suppose Mareth Jnr could sit on Lorien who could sit on Blaze...is there a limit or could Blaze enlarge to any size? Nice cake by the way. Or we could just walk over there to the stairs. [I'm beginning to think that none of you have actually read the book]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
[It has been awhile, tarc. Almost six years for me.]

Oh, Goodie. Stairs. *Picks up backpack* Let's go. We'll finish off the cake later.

Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
But! *starts to whimper* I like cake!
[I read LOTR three or four monthes ago]
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
[Nah, I'm not kicking you from PP. As long as you "play nicely" there's no reason. If the thread gets to 1000 posts, I'll just make a new one. ]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
[Yey!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you! *Hugs* ]
tarcolan
Send Message
[Thanks Belle, we promise we'll be good]

Well that was a short lunch stop. Wait for me. I thought I heard wolves howling.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
[At least, we'll try. Thank You!]

There goes tarc, hearing things again. Well, maybe that is out fault. We kept bashing him on the head. Wolves, you say? The dragon's don;t seem to hear anything yet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
[Er...well...*Ahem* I still haven't finished the third book, and it's been awhile since I read the first too. I don't think I've had the chance to study a large map of Middle Earth before.

Thanks Belle! We strive to be on our best behavior!
]

*Dragons seem nervous* You were saying, Maxie? *looks around for wolves* Funny, I don't see any thing...
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
[I read this book where the character was stuck in a tree surrounded by wolves. He escaped by hauling the wolves up with his belt (sort of like a noose) and killing them then throwing all the carcasses down and running for his life.]

We should climb these stairs. No trees around. Maybe we should build a fire?
tarcolan
Send Message
Nah! We've got portable fires- dragons! No problemo. Alstromeria baby. *reaches top of stairs* Hey, come on. We can get to the gates from here. *despite misgivings I break in to song again*
♫One evening fair
♪I took the air
♫Down on Black Water Side
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
*glares at tarc*
<< First1718192021Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email